PDA

View Full Version : Ice Skating: the fastest growing olympic sport

BigDGarciaFan
March 14th, 2014, 08:42 AM
Meryl Davis and Charlie White won gold in sochi last month and officially household names. what does that mean for the sport of Ice Dancing for American sports fans? i think is my new olympic sport to watch. u all outta give them credit, its gonna be one of the most watch events in the Olympics. i know.

bulldog10jw
March 14th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Maybe I would watch if the women were naked.

ursus arctos horribilis
March 14th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Maybe I would watch if the women were naked.

Maybe. I didn't know either of the names fwiw so not sure they are household at this point. I know it's a fairly popular Olympic sport but it has nothing for me. It's got to be popular with the female I presume cuz I never hear a dude talking about it like you do with any other sports. If there's naked D cup division or something then I'm all in.

AshevilleApp2
March 14th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Meryl Davis and Charlie White won gold in sochi last month and officially household names. what does that mean for the sport of Ice Dancing for American sports fans? i think is my new olympic sport to watch. u all outta give them credit, its gonna be one of the most watch events in the Olympics. i know.

Whose household?

BigDGarciaFan
March 14th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Whose household?

look at the link below, you now understand what i mean by household names.
http://assets-s3.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/70632-meryl-davis-charlie-white-special-edition-kelloggs-corn-flakes-box/1392825265_meryl-charlie-article.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
March 14th, 2014, 01:27 PM
look at the link below, you now understand what i mean by household names.
http://assets-s3.usmagazine.com/uploads/assets/articles/70632-meryl-davis-charlie-white-special-edition-kelloggs-corn-flakes-box/1392825265_meryl-charlie-article.jpg

If they were a household name you wouldn't look at the picture ad go "who is that?" like the majority of households would. If it were Michael Jordan (a household name) you'd see him on it and know who it was instantly.

Think we just need to not overdramatize here with what a household name is. They are not that.xthumbsupx

clenz
March 14th, 2014, 05:43 PM
I know what they did...I don't knowwho they are.

Hell, their names are in this thread and I can't ****ing remember them to put them in this reply.

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

Laker
March 14th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Somehow, the topic of ice dancing on the FCS site would more likely be about someone who is trying to pull out a big fish through a too small hole on a frozen lake. But then again, I live in Min-ne-so-da.

dgtw
March 14th, 2014, 11:37 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the chick figure skating, much less the dudes version.

citdog
March 15th, 2014, 12:45 AM
http://cdn.buzznet.com/assets/users16/rich/default/blades-of-glory--large-msg-124777214475.jpg

Twentysix
March 15th, 2014, 01:02 AM
My girlfriend was pretty into it. Though she was like that for the entirity of the olympics not just ice skating.

I don't think she could tell you their names if you asked who won gold for figure skating.

IMO Christie Yamaguchi is probably a better known name than those 2, and many probably don't know who she is. (I think shes an asian skater.)

Laker
March 15th, 2014, 07:26 AM
IMO Christie Yamaguchi is probably a better known name than those 2, and many probably don't know who she is. (I think shes an asian skater.)

She is 42 already. Born in California- of Japanese ancestry. Another reason to like milk.

http://www.sports-wired.com/women/images/Kristi_Yamaguchi/626.jpg

Bisonoline
March 15th, 2014, 08:15 PM

I watched the competition and wouldnt know who they are if you asked me. Asked my wife who won. She said the Americans and the canadians came in second but dont know any of their names. Just asked 15 guys who are in a bass tournament here in TX the same question. All I got was a blank stare and they then started laughing. Guess we can chalk up those house holds out of the equation.

The only reason it will be watched more is the new team competition which they invented to get more air time.