PDA

View Full Version : ASU rivalry with Western

appisgreatest
October 18th, 2006, 09:25 PM
alright anyone who keeps up with 1-aa football knows how big the rivalry is with Western and app St. ASU has a couple of other rivalries with GSU and Furman. But the biggest rival ASU has is obviously Western and in football the two schools play for the Old mountain Jug. I thought it would be really interesting for ASU and Furman or GSU to play for something. What would they play for? I have no idea. But the games with ASU and Furman are usually close and exciting....the games with Western are usually not. Every once in a while Western beats App but not often. Am i saying I want to erase the rivalry with western? No. BUT I think that playing for something with GSU/Furman couldn't hurt and would make the games played even more exciting. Anyone elses thoughts?

The Cats
October 18th, 2006, 10:06 PM
alright anyone who keeps up with 1-aa football knows how big the rivalry is with Western and app St. ASU has a couple of other rivalries with GSU and Furman. But the biggest rival ASU has is obviously Western and in football the two schools play for the Old mountain Jug. I thought it would be really interesting for ASU and Furman or GSU to play for something. What would they play for? I have no idea. But the games with ASU and Furman are usually close and exciting....the games with Western are usually not. Every once in a while Western beats App but not often. Am i saying I want to erase the rivalry with western? No. BUT I think that playing for something with GSU/Furman couldn't hurt and would make the games played even more exciting. Anyone elses thoughts?

With Furman it could be a case of cheap "wine" and a block of "stale cheese"; and with GSU one of those "the Rock" porta potties you guys are so proud of.

Death Dealer
October 18th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Well, when all three teams are firing on all cylinders, we could just play for the NC! Keep it simple. xlolx :nod: xlolx :nod: You'll never have to worry about that with Western.

AppGuy04
October 18th, 2006, 10:43 PM

They do play for something every year, its called the Southern Conference Championship:nod:

SoCon48
October 19th, 2006, 01:03 AM
With Furman it could be a case of cheap "wine" and a block of "stale cheese"; and with GSU one of those "the Rock" porta potties you guys are so proud of.

Portapotties?
Yeah, that's something WCU doesn't have to worry about with the crowds at Whitmire. One bathroom suffices..and no line to boot. No crowd, no lines.

Death Dealer
October 22nd, 2006, 02:39 PM
They do play for something every year, its called the Southern Conference Championship:nod:
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx Good one Appguy!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

catamount man
October 22nd, 2006, 06:18 PM
But the games with ASU and Furman are usually close and exciting....the games with Western are usually not.

Let's take a look at some of those "blowouts" this guy is referring to.

2003 ASU 26 WCU 18 (8)
2002 ASU 24 WCU 14 (10)
2001 ASU 34 WCU 24 (10)
2000 ASU 35 WCU 28 (7)
1997 ASU 13 WCU 7 (6)
1996 ASU 24 WCU 17 (7)
1994 ASU 12 WCU 7 (5)
1993 ASU 20 WCU 16 (4)
1992 ASU 14 WCU 12 (2)
1991 ASU 24 WCU 14 (10)

WOW, boy WCU surely bent over on those days didn't we? Granted, we didn't win them, but "not close"?!!! C'mon the rules are simple, puff, puff, and give. Someone else is ready for a hit. Despite the fact that we suck and ASU is coming off a national title run, the insults keep coming. Heck, since you're leaving for I-A "next year", I'm constantly wondering why we would even cross your minds? Sheesh...

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 22nd, 2006, 07:47 PM
GSU and Furman could play for a plaque that has the 1985 and the 1988 National Championship game balls mounted on it.

GSU and App - a cowboy hat

App and Furman - don't know...

whoanellie
October 22nd, 2006, 08:22 PM
GSU and Furman could play for a plaque that has the 1985 and the 1988 National Championship game balls mounted on it.

GSU and App - a cowboy hat

App and Furman - don't know...

ATrucker's Cap w/ "See Rock City" and a jumbo Pecan Log Roll from Stuckey's .........:thumbsup: