PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 TEs for 2007 Draft

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2006, 07:16 AM
Here's the TE list. Only two I-AA TEs are appearing on the board as potential draftees now. That can change and we'll give another look at this later in the year, closer to the draft...

1 Patrick, Ben Delaware 4-5 6-4 268 4.84
2 Allen, Jonathan Norfolk State 7-FA 6-4 228 4.59
3 Bugg, Patrick Eastern Kentucky 6-5 215 4.56
4 Jones, Braden Southern Illinois 6-3 255 4.75
5 Calhoun, Tim Eastern Washington 6-4 252 4.86
6 Bettis, Daniel Appalachian State 6-2 248 4.82
7 Lott, Tabari Alcorn State 6-5 228
8 Trinkle, Matt William & Mary 6-5 249
9 Wright, Stan Winston-Salem State 6-6 248 4.95
10 Dukeshire, Drew Weber State 6-4 255

smallcollegefbfan
October 18th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Here's the TE list. Only two I-AA TEs are appearing on the board as potential draftees now. That can change and we'll give another look at this later in the year, closer to the draft...

1 Patrick, Ben Delaware 4-5 6-4 268 4.84
2 Allen, Jonathan Norfolk State 7-FA 6-4 228 4.59
3 Bugg, Patrick Eastern Kentucky 6-5 215 4.56
4 Jones, Braden Southern Illinois 6-3 255 4.75
5 Calhoun, Tim Eastern Washington 6-4 252 4.86
6 Bettis, Daniel Appalachian State 6-2 248 4.82
7 Lott, Tabari Alcorn State 6-5 228
8 Trinkle, Matt William & Mary 6-5 249
9 Wright, Stan Winston-Salem State 6-6 248 4.95
10 Dukeshire, Drew Weber State 6-4 255

I think Bugg should be moved to WR. At that size with 4.5 speed he appears to be a WR at the NFL level. I don't see Ben Patrick going that high. I think he goes in the 6th-7th round range to be honest.

Lott should not be that high. There are some TEs missing from the list IMHO.

I think the junior TE from SEMO is better than most of these guys but I do realize this is just seniors.

majorbta
October 18th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Daniel Bettis is one of the best players at app, good hands

GannonFan
October 18th, 2006, 10:40 AM
I don't see Ben Patrick going that high. I think he goes in the 6th-7th round range to be honest.

Why do you say that? He's got size (he's 6'4" 270) he's got lots of speed and right now he's got 34 catches through 6 games and he's averaging more than 10 yards per catch. Plus he's a really good blocker as well. And that doesn't even factor in his stats he had at Duke when he led them in receptions against ACC talent. I'm not sure what other TE's are out there, but it's not hard to see that Patrick is a serious talent at TE.

MR. CHICKEN
October 18th, 2006, 08:17 PM
BEN PATRICK........HAS AN INVITE.........TA DUH HULA BOWL.........PER KC's.......RADIO SHOW...........TA-NITE................:hyped:......AWK!

smallcollegefbfan
October 19th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Why do you say that? He's got size (he's 6'4" 270) he's got lots of speed and right now he's got 34 catches through 6 games and he's averaging more than 10 yards per catch. Plus he's a really good blocker as well. And that doesn't even factor in his stats he had at Duke when he led them in receptions against ACC talent. I'm not sure what other TE's are out there, but it's not hard to see that Patrick is a serious talent at TE.

I think there will be a lot of players leaving school early. This draft does not appear to be that great. I think you will see some very good juniors leaving early that will bump him from 3rd-4th round range to the 6th round. If they don't then I could see him going 4th round. He is having a great year so far. He certainly seems to be a reliable weapon.

GannonFan
October 19th, 2006, 08:32 AM
BEN PATRICK........HAS AN INVITE.........TA DUH HULA BOWL.........PER KC's.......RADIO SHOW...........TA-NITE................:hyped:......AWK!

That's a big stage - Hula Bowl invites are hard to come by, especially for I-AA guys. Most often only the cream of the I-AA crop gets to that one. Good job by Patrick - I still think he's going to go pretty high - he's a TE with tons of potential and he has what the NFL is looking for - a big, fast TE who plays the position like a basketball player - seeing him get open is like seeing a big guy post his man up - Patrick can seal off his man and create a throwing lane pretty effectively.

smallcollegefbfan
October 19th, 2006, 08:37 AM
That's a big stage - Hula Bowl invites are hard to come by, especially for I-AA guys. Most often only the cream of the I-AA crop gets to that one. Good job by Patrick - I still think he's going to go pretty high - he's a TE with tons of potential and he has what the NFL is looking for - a big, fast TE who plays the position like a basketball player - seeing him get open is like seeing a big guy post his man up - Patrick can seal off his man and create a throwing lane pretty effectively.

I read where he was invited to the Las Vegas All-American Classic too. If he turns that down for the Hula invite he is making a mistake. The Hula Bowl never has more than 50 scouts out there and the Vegas, Shrine, and Senior all have 100 or more. Plus, if he does make it in the NFL he will be able to afford to go to Hawaii anytime he wants. Who wants to go to Hawaii for a job interview? You have all that pressure on you. I would rather go for a vacation!... :D

GannonFan
October 19th, 2006, 08:49 AM
I read where he was invited to the Las Vegas All-American Classic too. If he turns that down for the Hula invite he is making a mistake. The Hula Bowl never has more than 50 scouts out there and the Vegas, Shrine, and Senior all have 100 or more. Plus, if he does make it in the NFL he will be able to afford to go to Hawaii anytime he wants. Who wants to go to Hawaii for a job interview? You have all that pressure on you. I would rather go for a vacation!... :D

I agree - Hawaii is a truly awesome place to go for vacation - I'm a big fan of the Kona area on the Big Island (well, sans earthquakes of course) and really most of Kauai - what a gorgeous place. I'm sure Ben could arrange for some excursion time even if he went there for the game - no rule that you have to be on a plane as soon as the game is over.

smallcollegefbfan
October 19th, 2006, 08:53 AM
I agree - Hawaii is a truly awesome place to go for vacation - I'm a big fan of the Kona area on the Big Island (well, sans earthquakes of course) and really most of Kauai - what a gorgeous place. I'm sure Ben could arrange for some excursion time even if he went there for the game - no rule that you have to be on a plane as soon as the game is over.

He probably won't be able to because he will have to get back ASAP to train for the combine. I would think his agent and trainer would want him working out as much as possible for that pesky little combine :thumbsup:

GannonFan
October 19th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Sure are quite a few nice places in Hawaii to go hiking or running or any other physical endeavor - you don't need to be sitting on a beach chair with a fruity drink to enjoy Hawaii. He can always tell his agent that he missed his flight and had to stay an extra day or two! ;)

Mountaineer#96
October 30th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Patrick Bugg should be considered a WR, he is way too skinny to mess with NFL defensive linemen.

ASU Kep
October 30th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Daniel Bettis from App is pretty solid...but his numbers this year have sucked with our new QB who just doesn't go to him as much. Though he has no chance of being drafted, he could make some noise in the CFL if he so chooses. From what he's said, it sounds like thats the plan. Hell, maybe he'll play for the Ticats, they've been making a living on App players lately. He WAS a favorite target of one Richie Williams.