PDA

View Full Version : Super Bowl 48 / Super Bowl XLVIII

bonarae
January 19th, 2014, 09:59 PM
The first Super Bowl to be played in a cold-weather open-air stadium in the modern era.

Who's your pick now? Broncos or Seahawks?

Broncos feature a high-paced passing offense starring Peyton Manning; Seahawks are known more for Russell Wilson and the defense.

This will be a very close one, with the Broncos hoisting their first Lombardi Trophy in 16 years.

Laker
January 19th, 2014, 10:16 PM
It depends on the weather. If it is in bad weather conditions I think that it helps the Seahawks with their defense and running game. If the field is dry and the winds are calm, Denver has the advantage.

Not matter what, Sherman probably wins the ass clown award. xshakingmadx

darell1976
January 19th, 2014, 10:19 PM
Dever 31
Seattle 27

Southern Bison
January 19th, 2014, 10:32 PM
It depends on the weather. If it is in bad weather conditions I think that it helps the Seahawks with their defense and running game. If the field is dry and the winds are calm, Denver has the advantage.

Pure classless trash...he turned most NFC fans into Broncos' fans with that. Shame on Fox for airing it to begin with.

http://youtu.be/elatO5E8pGs

ngineer
January 19th, 2014, 10:41 PM
Being an Eagles fan I usually root for the NFC. But even before this matter, I've been pulling for Denver and that Manning gets to hoist the Lombardi at least one more time. Once of the classiest people to play the game.

Bisonoline
January 19th, 2014, 11:27 PM
Pure classless trash...he turned most NFC fans into Broncos' fans with that. Shame on Fox for airing it to begin with.

http://youtu.be/elatO5E8pGs

What an ass clown.

BisonFan02
January 19th, 2014, 11:34 PM
I'm a Raiders fan....and even I'm voting for Denver over the Seahawks after the whole Sherman thing. Not even just the interview, but a lot of the garbage before that point.

citdog
January 19th, 2014, 11:38 PM

too easy

superman7515
January 20th, 2014, 07:59 AM
LOL at everyone complaing about Richard Sherman. He ran over to shake hands with Crabtree and this is what he got...

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/usatsi_7686518.jpg?w=295&h=231&crop=1

That's what it all stemmed from. After that, he made the choke sign and then got into a shoving match with Crabtree, but I don't hear anyone complaining about Crabtree being classless or an ass clown for refusing to shake hands and shoving Richard Sherman in the face. The guy went all Booker T on that interview and I thought it was great. You're gonna tell me that everyone on here that has a problem with what he did would just ignore the fact that another man shoved your face? Haha. I call BS. No one had a problem when Richard Sherman broke down Skip Bayless. Now it's a problem? No. We needed a bad guy for the Super Bowl so that all the guys on ESPN, and SI, and all these non-Bronco's fans, etc could jump on Manning's balls and slobber the knob without feeling quite as homo about it as they really are for him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NX-HxX-A0

MR. CHICKEN
January 20th, 2014, 08:59 AM
18784......GOTTAH GO....WHIFF DUH BRONCOS.......MIKE ADAMS FORMER YOU-DEE D-BACK.......2003 NATIONAL CHAMPS RING......MAYBEAH....HE CAN GET DUH SUPERUH-BOWL BLING......xhypedx.....AWK!

Professor Chaos
January 20th, 2014, 10:18 AM
LOL at everyone complaing about Richard Sherman. He ran over to shake hands with Crabtree and this is what he got...

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/usatsi_7686518.jpg?w=295&h=231&crop=1

That's what it all stemmed from. After that, he made the choke sign and then got into a shoving match with Crabtree, but I don't hear anyone complaining about Crabtree being classless or an ass clown for refusing to shake hands and shoving Richard Sherman in the face. The guy went all Booker T on that interview and I thought it was great. You're gonna tell me that everyone on here that has a problem with what he did would just ignore the fact that another man shoved your face? Haha. I call BS. No one had a problem when Richard Sherman broke down Skip Bayless. Now it's a problem? No. We needed a bad guy for the Super Bowl so that all the guys on ESPN, and SI, and all these non-Bronco's fans, etc could jump on Manning's balls and slobber the knob without feeling quite as homo about it as they really are for him.

What do you expect Crabtree to do? He probably showed more restraint by doing what he did than most other NFL WRs would do when the biggest trash talker in the NFL gets in their face immediately after a season crushing play on the brink of the Super Bowl.

Besides that, watch Sherman's postgame interview and tell me with a straight face that all he said to Crabtree there was "Great game!"

NoDak 4 Ever
January 20th, 2014, 11:25 AM
I do not doubt that Sherman came over there to taunt Crabtree. People are acting like this is some kind of isolated incident. He is always strutting around talking **** to everyone who will listen even on plays he doesn't make. The guy is an asshole. Period. I don't care where he went to school or if that was intentional or not, that fits his pattern of behavior.

Lot of assholes on that Seahawk team.

darell1976
January 20th, 2014, 02:15 PM
I do not doubt that Sherman came over there to taunt Crabtree. People are acting like this is some kind of isolated incident. He is always strutting around talking **** to everyone who will listen even on plays he doesn't make. The guy is an asshole. Period. I don't care where he went to school or if that was intentional or not, that fits his pattern of behavior.

Lot of assholes on that Seahawk team.

I wonder if Pete Caroll will shut him up prior to the Super Bowl, or let him run his mouth about Manning and whatever receiver will be matched up with him.

NHwildEcat
January 20th, 2014, 02:55 PM

I think people just expected better from him. Crabtree and the 49ers? No one expects much out of the fools. Just look at that moron for a head coach.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder if Pete Caroll will shut him up prior to the Super Bowl, or let him run his mouth about Manning and whatever receiver will be matched up with him.

Pete Caroll loves this. He wants him barking like that. It's like the good 'ol days in the Pac-12.

NHwildEcat
January 20th, 2014, 02:56 PM
Broncos all the way. Seattle is inexperience and Russell Wilson will piss his pants on the big stage. Manning will shine in what will be his first of back to back titles to wrap up his career.

Texas
January 20th, 2014, 03:03 PM
I think people just expected better from him. Crabtree and the 49ers? No one expects much out of the fools. Just look at that moron for a head coach.

- - - Updated - - -

Pete Caroll loves this. He wants him barking like that. It's like the good 'ol days in the Pac-12.

Pete Carroll and his PED abusing band of morons needs to be hit by a bus. All of them are total scumbags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonHype!
January 21st, 2014, 10:52 AM
My thoughts are this....

1. If you think you are the best, just shut your mouth and show it on the field.
2. If you are the best, you will be recognized as the best by your peers.
3. Don't crown yourself, otherwise you just look like your begging for attention.
4. When you do crap like he did after the NFC Championship Game, nobody likes you....
5. When you get a chance for a interview after the game, recognize the team, show some class, and recognize your linebacker who ran 30 yds. to get the interception off the pass that you tipped, and give the guy credit for effort and not giving up on the play.

Richard Sherman... is a good player, and a tool.

http://youtu.be/ioo1iUdwAlU

BisonHype!
January 21st, 2014, 10:54 AM
http://youtu.be/tjiQ6yv0Dg4

I thought I accidentally changed the channel on my remote and switched from the NFC Championship Game to WWF.....

superman7515
January 21st, 2014, 10:56 AM
There's already a thread on this in the Other Sports section since this wasn't an FCS game... http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?151175-Super-Bowl-48-Super-Bowl-XLVIII

Demwai
January 21st, 2014, 10:59 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!!

Professor Chaos
January 21st, 2014, 11:02 AM
I really don't like the guy but he backs up his talk on the field so unless he starts popping off the same way after getting burned I'm not going to get too upset about it.

I get more upset about people defending him by saying his honesty and braggadocio improves the product of the No Fun League. Personally, I don't think these WWE antics make the game any better but I will be rooting for every WR he goes up against to shut him up. So maybe it does generate interest but whether that's a good thing is debatable.

ursus arctos horribilis
January 21st, 2014, 11:03 AM
There's already a thread on this in the Other Sports section since this wasn't an FCS game... http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?151175-Super-Bowl-48-Super-Bowl-XLVIII

Merged the two threads.

BisonHype!
January 21st, 2014, 11:11 AM
I really don't like the guy but he backs up his talk on the field so unless he starts popping off the same way after getting burned I'm not going to get too upset about it.

I get more upset about people defending him by saying his honesty and braggadocio improves the product of the No Fun League. Personally, I don't think these WWE antics make the game any better but I will be rooting for every WR he goes up against to shut him up. So maybe it does generate interest but whether that's a good thing is debatable.

Agreed. Crabtree was also acting classless, but that doesn't give Sherman a pass. This isn't the first time he has acted out. Team game, not won by an individual. Individuals can make game changing plays, or winning plays.... Sherman made a great defense of that pass, but if his teammate doesn't intercept the pass, the 49ers have 1 or 2 more shots at the end zone. I really think this guy is a good player, but what a @$$clown as well...

dudeitsaid
January 21st, 2014, 01:53 PM
Funny to see so many people throw Sherman under the bus. Yet, some of those same people have thrown smack on this public forum far worse than anything Sherman said in that interview.

And, people act like Sherman is the only one. Really?!? Do you ever listen to what's said on the field when players are mic'd up? Do you see the players talking on the field after a big play? What do you think they are saying? Is it always "good play, bro?" Many of us have played at least some sports to know smack talk is part of the process. For Sherman, it's part of his game, and it's intentional. And it's effective. He gets in people's heads. In gladiator sports, this is a common tactic, so seriously, stop acting like this is an isolated incident. It just happens be one that is highly publicized. But I would bet that it happened multiple times from multiple players that day.

And speaking of that, what the heck is up with interviewing someone in such a heated moment??? Especially someone as hot-blooded as Sherman! What do you expect? That being said, Erin Andrews said she loved it, and wanted to keep it going, but Fox told her to end it because they were worried about expletives. So she didn't end it because she was frightened.

I loved Colin Cowherd's segment from this morning. He was talking about how we are so quick to judge Sherman while the kiddos are watching WWE, and then we watch a brawl on the hockey ice, etc and say "it's just part of the game." We don't need to be hypocritical. Many, if not most of us have been in a position where we could shove something in someone's face, and when given that opportunity have taken it. I've seen it numerous times on here. It's not my style personally, but I understand it.

If Fox wanted a classier interview, they should've found the media darling Russell Wilson. There are some people on each team that are good spokespeople in any situation, like Peyton Manning. If that's what they wanted, they could have had it. Instead, they got something far better, a soundbite that is dominating much of the conversation about the Superbowl. Heck, look at this general thread, and what the primary topic of conversation has been thus far.

darell1976
January 21st, 2014, 03:47 PM
UND will be represented in the Super Bowl: G Chris Kuper of the Broncos. Good luck to Chris and to Denver!!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster/Chris-Kuper/306c3339-32be-4d9f-a694-8930baa7bc7b

• Received All-America honors from the Associated Press in each of his final two seasons at the University of North Dakota, where he logged his first 29 career starts at right guard before switching to left tackle early in his senior year.
• Selected by the Broncos in the fifth round (161st overall) of the 2006 NFL Draft.

Bisonoline
January 21st, 2014, 06:56 PM
Funny to see so many people throw Sherman under the bus. Yet, some of those same people have thrown smack on this public forum far worse than anything Sherman said in that interview.

And, people act like Sherman is the only one. Really?!? Do you ever listen to what's said on the field when players are mic'd up? Do you see the players talking on the field after a big play? What do you think they are saying? Is it always "good play, bro?" Many of us have played at least some sports to know smack talk is part of the process. For Sherman, it's part of his game, and it's intentional. And it's effective. He gets in people's heads. In gladiator sports, this is a common tactic, so seriously, stop acting like this is an isolated incident. It just happens be one that is highly publicized. But I would bet that it happened multiple times from multiple players that day.

And speaking of that, what the heck is up with interviewing someone in such a heated moment??? Especially someone as hot-blooded as Sherman! What do you expect? That being said, Erin Andrews said she loved it, and wanted to keep it going, but Fox told her to end it because they were worried about expletives. So she didn't end it because she was frightened.

I loved Colin Cowherd's segment from this morning. He was talking about how we are so quick to judge Sherman while the kiddos are watching WWE, and then we watch a brawl on the hockey ice, etc and say "it's just part of the game." We don't need to be hypocritical. Many, if not most of us have been in a position where we could shove something in someone's face, and when given that opportunity have taken it. I've seen it numerous times on here. It's not my style personally, but I understand it.

If Fox wanted a classier interview, they should've found the media darling Russell Wilson. There are some people on each team that are good spokespeople in any situation, like Peyton Manning. If that's what they wanted, they could have had it. Instead, they got something far better, a soundbite that is dominating much of the conversation about the Superbowl. Heck, look at this general thread, and what the primary topic of conversation has been thus far.

I understand what you are saying. But the above STILL doesnt justify poor sportsmanship and make it ok.

Bisonoline
January 21st, 2014, 07:00 PM

How being a loud mouth improves the product is beyond me. But if you look at some game day experiences at some stadiums they have turned it in to a freaking circus to keep people entertained.

dudeitsaid
January 21st, 2014, 08:01 PM
I understand what you are saying. But the above STILL doesnt justify poor sportsmanship and make it ok.

I agree, and it's not how I think I would have been (not that I would ever be in that situation).

One small part of me wonders of he is just trying to further his "brand". He wants to be known this way, and if on some level the psychological distraction provides some small edge on some player, maybe it's worth it. Reminds me of fighters who take the same tactic. It's not that they are truly jerks, but they want to be increase any intimidation factor for anybody they may face in the future.

More than likely, it was just the emotion of the moment. But he's a smarter guy than he may get credit for. Wouldn't surprise me if it's more about furthering the tough guy persona.

superman7515
January 25th, 2014, 05:19 PM
What do you expect Crabtree to do? He probably showed more restraint by doing what he did than most other NFL WRs would do when the biggest trash talker in the NFL gets in their face immediately after a season crushing play on the brink of the Super Bowl.

Besides that, watch Sherman's postgame interview and tell me with a straight face that all he said to Crabtree there was "Great game!"

Huh, how do you like that...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/23/richard-sherman-micd--up-michael-crabtree_n_4640849.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

It may have been sportsmanship that got Richard Sherman into trouble rather than a lack of it. The Seattle Seahawks' All-Pro cornerback was fitted with a microphone for the NFC Championship Game and audio released by the NFL on Wednesday night sheds light on the heated moments before he delivered the boastful and rancorous postgame interview that stole the spotlight from his team's victory.

Sherman helped seal his team's spot in Super Bowl XLVIII by deflecting a pass intended for San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Michael Crabtree with just 22 seconds remaining in the NFC title tilt. After the victory-securing deflection, Sherman got to his feet and again chased down Crabtree. As the wide receiver was walking back toward the 49ers' sideline, Sherman slapped him on the butt and said "Hell of a game!" Sherman repeated those words and extended his hand to Crabtree. Rather than accepting the handshake, Crabtree shoved Sherman. He pushed his left hand into Sherman's facemask.

The audio and video released by the NFL on Wednesday fits with Sherman's account of events from his column about the incident and ensuing criticism for "The Monday Morning Quarterback."

"I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me," wrote Sherman in a piece published on Monday. "I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, 'Good game, good game.' That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off."

Guess in all the racist fervor from the Great White North to make the angry black man into a bad guy, they didn't want to bother for the facts to come out.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 26th, 2014, 12:14 PM
I have watched PLENTY of Seahawks games this season. He is always in the receiver's faces. I have no doubt that he went over to Crabtree to taunt him. It doesn't matter what he said, he meant to do it.

Bronco
January 26th, 2014, 06:32 PM
I didn't have a favorite until I saw this
Go Denver

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/8020192768/h603D34A4/

Grizalltheway
January 27th, 2014, 01:13 PM
It doesn't matter what he said

So you already had your mind made up and the facts aren't going to change it. Got it.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 27th, 2014, 01:34 PM
So you already had your mind made up and the facts aren't going to change it. Got it.

because it wasn't an isolated incident. He has done this his whole career. I think a great comparison is Champ Bailey. Why don't you hear his name that often even though he's a first ballot Hall of Famer? Because he's not an asshole.

Grizalltheway
January 27th, 2014, 02:34 PM
because it wasn't an isolated incident. He has done this his whole career. I think a great comparison is Champ Bailey. Why don't you hear his name that often even though he's a first ballot Hall of Famer? Because he's not an asshole.

I'm not a Seahawks or a Sherman fan, nor do I deny that he's an asshole. But when a guy is wearing a mic and the audio backs up that he was telling Crabtree 'good game', it's kind of silly to say that he was taunting him based on past behavior.

Professor Chaos
January 27th, 2014, 03:35 PM
Huh, how do you like that...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/23/richard-sherman-micd--up-michael-crabtree_n_4640849.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Guess in all the racist fervor from the Great White North to make the angry black man into a bad guy, they didn't want to bother for the facts to come out.
If you think that was a sincere sign of sportsmanship you've got the naïve blinders on. Sherman's excuse for going full berserker in his postgame interview was that he was "caught up in the moment"... several minutes after the game ended and even longer since the game clinching play. Crabtree was dealing with Sherman is his face several seconds after that play which ended his season for all intents and purposes. What do you expect Crabtree to do? These two have been at each other's throats since last offseason at least. Crabtree showed a lot more sportsmanship with his actions during and after that game than Sherman did.

And like I've said before Sherman earned the right to pop off in front of the camera on live national TV and look like a classless braggart if that's what he wanted to do. I respect his play enough to admit that but it doesn't mean I like him or think he's good for the game.

Grizalltheway
January 27th, 2014, 03:49 PM
If you think that was a sincere sign of sportsmanship you've got the naïve blinders on. Sherman's excuse for going full berserker in his postgame interview was that he was "caught up in the moment"... several minutes after the game ended and even longer since the game clinching play. Crabtree was dealing with Sherman is his face several seconds after that play which ended his season for all intents and purposes. What do you expect Crabtree to do? These two have been at each other's throats since last offseason at least. Crabtree showed a lot more sportsmanship with his actions during and after that game than Sherman did.

And like I've said before Sherman earned the right to pop off in front of the camera on live national TV and look like a classless braggart if that's what he wanted to do. I respect his play enough to admit that but it doesn't mean I like him or think he's good for the game.

Say what?? Crabtree shoved Sherman in the face after he tried to bury the hatchet and show some sportsmanship when, like you said, there isn't exactly any love lost between the two. I really don't get why everyone is giving Crabtree a free pass in all of this.

AshevilleApp2
January 27th, 2014, 04:08 PM
Go Seahawks!!

And ya'll, please quit whining about Sherman. NFL football isn't a sport for gentlemen, and a good DB should be in the receivers face (and head).

AshevilleApp2
January 27th, 2014, 04:18 PM
Go Denver

xlolx xlolx xeekx

Professor Chaos
January 27th, 2014, 04:57 PM
Say what?? Crabtree shoved Sherman in the face after he tried to bury the hatchet and show some sportsmanship when, like you said, there isn't exactly any love lost between the two. I really don't get why everyone is giving Crabtree a free pass in all of this.
Crabtree could've handled it better, Sherman could've handled it much better. What my argument was to refute the notion that some were implying that Crabtree was to blame for causing Sherman's postgame rant. Crabtree showed poor sportsmanship. Sherman showed terrible sportsmanship.

Grizalltheway
January 27th, 2014, 05:27 PM
Crabtree could've handled it better, Sherman could've handled it much better. What my argument was to refute the notion that some were implying that Crabtree was to blame for causing Sherman's postgame rant. Crabtree showed poor sportsmanship. Sherman showed terrible sportsmanship.

I think we're more or less on the same page then.xthumbsupx

Bronco
January 27th, 2014, 07:09 PM
-
"Sherman is the first mainstream African-American player who is articulate, bright and clean…"
Joe Biden

Bisonoline
January 27th, 2014, 08:37 PM
-
"Sherman is the first mainstream African-American player who is articulate, bright and clean…"
Joe Biden

No! Did he really say that?

superman7515
January 27th, 2014, 10:00 PM
No! Did he really say that?

No, haha, but Biden did actually say that about Obama.

bonarae
February 2nd, 2014, 06:05 PM
THE GAME IS NOW ON.

2 Challenges already made...

Seattle 5, Denver 0
2:27 1Q

Go Lehigh TU Owl
February 2nd, 2014, 06:56 PM
The Broncos look awful. Peyton looks like he usually does in big games, terrible....

darell1976
February 2nd, 2014, 07:03 PM
Record for most points in a SB 55 SF vs Denver (SB XXIV), lowest points in a SB 3 Miami vs Dallas (SB VI)...c'mon Seattle, shutout Denver and take off that awful record from Dolphins fans. Make Denver have the best of both crappy worlds.

IBleedYellow
February 2nd, 2014, 07:50 PM
Defense is a beautiful thing.

Twentysix
February 2nd, 2014, 08:21 PM
The NFC championship game was this years superbowl :\

Go Lehigh TU Owl
February 2nd, 2014, 08:26 PM
43-8, this is too funny....

Peyton should just call it quits. He'll always have the great regular seasons. Championships were never really his thing going back to college....

IBleedYellow
February 2nd, 2014, 08:32 PM

Peyton should just call it quits. He'll always have the great regular seasons. Championships were never really his thing going back to college....

It's not even that, really. I'd say it's the fact that he's playing a team that decided to play more physical than his team.

Bisonoline
February 2nd, 2014, 08:33 PM
Seattle was playing at a different level. wow

Go Lehigh TU Owl
February 2nd, 2014, 08:34 PM
It's not even that, really. I'd say it's the fact that he's playing a team that decided to play more physical than his team.

His teams seem to take on his persona, robotic.....

IBleedYellow
February 2nd, 2014, 08:42 PM
His teams seem to take on his persona, robotic.....

True. Sucks, because if he comes out with some attitude this game might look better.

TILIS-BisonFan
February 2nd, 2014, 09:53 PM
Seattle was playing at a different level. wow

You sound like a Towson, furman, coastal Carolina, or new Hampshire fan

Bisonoline
February 2nd, 2014, 10:35 PM
You sound like a Towson, furman, coastal Carolina, or new Hampshire fan

Really?

TILIS-BisonFan
February 2nd, 2014, 10:38 PM
Really?

Only based on the similarity of what I quoted of your post to what they all said after facing ndsu

TILIS-BisonFan
February 2nd, 2014, 10:39 PM
Just making a joke

Bisonoline
February 2nd, 2014, 10:40 PM
Only based on the similarity of what I quoted of your post to what they all said after facing ndsu

Gotcha.

ngineer
February 2nd, 2014, 10:47 PM
Go Denver

That takes balls....

Grizalltheway
February 3rd, 2014, 10:47 AM

It takes a team effort to win a SB and Seattle just outplayed the Broncos in every phase of the game. Yeah, his 2 INTs didn't help, but IIRC (I was pretty buzzed throughout the game) they were both the result of him not having much time in the pocket and getting hit as he threw.

ngineer
February 3rd, 2014, 11:05 AM
It takes a team effort to win a SB and Seattle just outplayed the Broncos in every phase of the game. Yeah, his 2 INTs didn't help, but IIRC (I was pretty buzzed throughout the game) they were both the result of him not having much time in the pocket and getting hit as he threw.

True. No QB can throw with his arm being hit during the delivery. Denver secondary was locked in and got good pressure up front. Great combination. Always said great defense usually beats great offense in these games. This was the 5th time a #1 D played a #1 O in this game and the D has won 4 times.

OhioHen
February 3rd, 2014, 11:55 AM
Simple math - 12 > 18

Or as stated at our watch party last night - "a Legion will always beat one arm"

Nickels
February 3rd, 2014, 02:08 PM
Congratulations to my friend Red Bryant! Way to represent Jasper and SETX football! Couldn't of happened to a better person and harder worker.