PDA

View Full Version : UCA @ SHSU - Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:13 PM
OT tonight anyone?

I hope not, we just need to win. I don't think my heart can handle it.

Bear Fan 101
I hope not, we just need to win. I don't think my heart can handle it.

My heart is rough right now between this game..and the NLCS Game 7

slycat
looks like uca decided they wanted to have a closer game.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 10:14 PM
we do that over the years! at any level

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:15 PM
MARTIN DROPPED THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!!!

That could be the game.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Defense needs to hold on here...

Another turnover would be nice...

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Defense needs to hold on here...

Another turnover would be nice...

They've needed to do that all night and havn't done so.

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 10:16 PM
Not looking good for Sam Houston, good thing they don't count for SLC this year.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:18 PM
Not looking good for Sam Houston, good thing they don't count for SLC this year.

Yea because it looks as though the only playoff team that will go to the playoffs from the SLC this season will be the champion.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Ball broken up...

Stops the clock...

Saves a timeout...Kats still have two...

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Yea because it looks as though the only playoff team that will go to the playoffs from the SLC this season will be the champion.

That's already the case...seven win issue leaves SHSU as the only team still alive...

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:20 PM
76 yard punt!

Bear Fan 101
damn astroturf...76 yard punt...no return...no wind...flip the field

Our punter had an 81 yarder 3 weeks ago

blackfordpu
Run DDT RUN!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Kats have to move the ball here or it is over!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Another dropped pass!!!!!!! Recievers are killing us tonight!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:22 PM
This is the game 4th and 9

TexasTerror
JASON MATHENIA...NO BRANDON PERRY! 4TH AND LONG!

Bear Fan 101
nice BIG Catch Kats...good job

blackfordpu
He redeemed himself and caught a 34 yard pass.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Another dropped pass!

How many tonight?

Tod
October 19th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Does that mean the 'Kats made 1st down?

Never mind...

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Yes

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 10:24 PM
EAT'EM UP, EAT'EM UP, GO KATS GO!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:25 PM
DDT stuffed.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 10:26 PM
UCA INTERCEPTS!!! Here Kitty Kitty!

blackfordpu
Bears intercept

Game over good game Bears.

Goodnight

TexasTerror
Interception...that could be it...

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 10:27 PM
3 knees and a VICTORY FORMATION!

TexasTerror
University of Central Arkansas @ #25 Sam Houston State University
Unofficial Scoring Summary - FINAL

First Quarter
SHSU: DD Terry 1 yd run (kick blocked), 5:41 - SHSU 6-0 UCA

Second Quarter
SHSU: Derrick Harris 90 yd punt return (Taylor Wilkins kick), 7:48 - SHSU 13-0 UCA
UCA: Nathan Brown 2 yd pass to Charles Twilley (James Paul kick), 3:06 - SHSU 13-7 UCA
UCA: Ryan Taylor 20 yd interception return (James Paul kick), 2:32 - UCA 14-13 SHSU
UCA: Nathan Brown 12 yd pass to David Robinson (James Paul kick), 00:08 - UCA 21-13 SHSU

Third Quarter:
UCA: Nathan Brown 5 yd pass to Charles Twilley (James Paul kick), 11:18 - UCA 28-13 SHSU
UCA: James Paul 28 yd FG, 7:05 - UCA 31-13
SHSU: Brett Hicks ?? yd pass to Blake Martin (Brett Hicks pass to Brandon Perry), 3:25 - UCA 31-21 SHSU
UCA: Nathan Brown 55 yd pass to David Robinson (James Paul kick), 1:48 - UCA 38-21 SHSU

Fourth Quarter:
SHSU: Billy Skinner botched punt recovery in the end zone (kick missed), 11:58 - UCA 38-27 SHSU
SHSU: Stewart Pearcy FG, 9:28 - UCA 38-30 SHSU

blackfordpu
Kats didn't deserve to win this one. They didn't come to play. Game was much worse than what the score shows.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 10:28 PM
2006 SLC Champions...the UCA Bears!! 1.000 WINNING Percentage

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 10:29 PM
Okay, time to put that game behind us...

SLC play beckons...that game sent a message loud and clear to the Kats...

This season is not over. There is a lot to be played for and McNeese is just around the corner for the Kats...

It's not now or never, it's now is the time to focus on next week. We're nine days away from McNeese coming to Huntsville and it'll be time to get our act together and make sure the Bearkats are ready to play!

Congrats Bears...

bobcatfan06
October 19th, 2006, 10:31 PM
I predicted the Bears to win and I was right. They would rape us also, so don't feel bad.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 10:33 PM
How can you be so upbeat after a game like that?

Because I think it was good to get the loss out of our system and I think this really sent a message to the team. They played a great ball club tonight for sure. I think UCA is definitely going to make some noise in the SLC and this will definitely rattle some cages.

I think the Kats can turn it around next weekend against McNeese. This was not an SLC game. This game did not impact our at-large chances as the SLC is a one-bid league this year. It's now time to focus on McNeese. Let's look at what went wrong, let's evaluate how we can fix it and let's move on...

The Pokes are coming!

slycat
October 19th, 2006, 10:33 PM
that turned out to be a very enertaining game. always nice to have a I-AA game on in the area.

congrats to the bears. ya'll look like a strong addition to the slc.

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 10:35 PM
That was an awesome first game, Kats. Look forward to YEARS of talking smack and playing the best football in the SLC.xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 10:36 PM
That was an awesome first game, Kats. Look forward to YEARS of talking smack and playing the best football in the SLC.xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

No doubt about it...

Bear fans were class acts tonight in the chat room you guys hosted, class acts on this board. We look to many more great games against you fellas, across the board...

FUwolfpacker
October 19th, 2006, 10:37 PM
(In my best Chris Farley voice) DAAAAAAAA BEARS...:)

Congrats to UCA. Solid win.

BEAR
October 19th, 2006, 10:37 PM
That was a great game! Even though it ended up closer than what I liked. :( . We need help on special teams. How many points did SHSU score off of that? I hope we are as good next year as we showed tonight. We lose some seniors that are difference makers. But it looked like one of our OL freshman in the first quarter played a really good game. Great game SHSU and I can't wait to see you in conway. DD is for real! :hurray:

My prediction was
UCA 35
SHSU 28

not bad....xlolx

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 10:49 PM
'Kats,as you know I enjoy all you on your board, this one and ours. Great game, no one can talk about either team giving up or taking plays off. Tonight we got the best of it, next year who knows. Good night to all, I'll talk with you all later!

SFA 71
October 19th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Kats didn't deserve to win this one. They didn't come to play. Game was much worse than what the score shows.

According to you boys, old UCA wasn't that tough when the played SFA, just a lowly division II team. What do you think now bub?? Let's compare scores UCA - 37 SFA - 35 TWO points. UCA - 38 shs 30 EIGHT points. :thumbsup:

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 10:57 PM
According to you boys, old UCA wasn't that tough when the played SFA, just a lowly division II team. What do you think now bub?? Let's compare scores UCA - 37 SFA - 35 TWO points. UCA - 38 shs 30 EIGHT points. :thumbsup:
xlolx You Texas guys are crazy. I just can't figure out who the biggest new rivalry will be.:thumbsup:

SFA 71
October 19th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Okay, time to put that game behind us...

Congrats Bears...

No, let's savor it a little longer! :thumbsup:

GeauxColonels
October 19th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Great win for the Bears. Congrats!!!!

It was a VERY entertaining game to watch tonight!

birdsflyhigh
October 19th, 2006, 11:07 PM
CONGRATS OUT TO THE UCA BEARS!!! Very good win....now let's see you get on a roll to close out the season...oooo yeah! :nod:

Dallas Demon
October 19th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Congrats Bears. Can't wait till you play a full Southland slate next year. The Southland has some incredible rivalries making each week a big one between the teams and the fans.

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 20th, 2006, 02:10 AM
my only comments:

1) UCA looked great. They showed they can and will compete immediately in the SLC when they are eligible. Congratulations.

2) The game was as "exciting" as the NLCS, which was playing on the big screen TV at my work. Very entertaining to watch.

3) After watching the entire game (not on the big screen), i NEVERwant to hear a SHS fan talk about Texas State fan attendance. It looked TERRIBLE on tv--probably less than 1000 people total. i know i know...it's a school night and most people have to go to school/work in the morning. but yeah...you're currently FIRST IN CONFERENCE! do your students and alumni not realize that?!?!

blackfordpu
October 20th, 2006, 06:02 AM
my only comments:

1) UCA looked great. They showed they can and will compete immediately in the SLC when they are eligible. Congratulations.

2) The game was as "exciting" as the NLCS, which was playing on the big screen TV at my work. Very entertaining to watch.

3) After watching the entire game (not on the big screen), i NEVERwant to hear a SHS fan talk about Texas State fan attendance. It looked TERRIBLE on tv--probably less than 1000 people total. i know i know...it's a school night and most people have to go to school/work in the morning. but yeah...you're currently FIRST IN CONFERENCE! do your students and alumni not realize that?!?!

There were more than 1000 people at the game.:rolleyes:

blackfordpu
October 20th, 2006, 06:03 AM

This game will not matter when the Kats go to Naca-nowhere to kick the crap out of SFA. Don't you worry, you're going to get your annual beating.

blackfordpu
October 20th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Too little, too late

Four turnovers, seven penalties add up to 38-30 loss to Central Arkansas

Maybe Thursday night was just the kind of wake-up call Sam Houston State needed.

Days after manhandling defending Southland Conference co-champion Nicholls State, the Bearkats didn’t have an answer for Central Arkansas in a regionally televised game at Bowers Stadium.

The Bears (5-3 overall) jumped out to a 31-13 lead in the third quarter, and despite a little SHSU magic down the stretch, fought off a late offensive flurry to hand the Bearkats a 38-30 setback.

SHSU was its own worse enemy, committing seven penalties for 81 yards and turning the ball over four times. Central Arkansas took advantage of the opportunities by scoring 17 points on two interceptions and a fumble.

http://www.itemonline.com/sports/local_story_293015035.html?keyword=topstory

TexasTerror
October 20th, 2006, 07:08 AM
There were more than 1000 people at the game.:rolleyes:

7130 to be exact...

They showed the visitor side on TV. The home side looked half-way full when they showed it after the half...

Wasn't good at all...perhaps the bad weather from the last few days scared folks off...this was not the Bearkat fans we've come to expect at all...

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2006, 07:57 AM
How many SLC opponents does UCA have left?

JoshUCA
October 20th, 2006, 08:11 AM
How many SLC opponents does UCA have left?

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2006, 08:32 AM

That's too bad. Was hoping they'd win a couple more and start their complete dominance of the SLC early. :D

JoshUCA
October 20th, 2006, 08:58 AM
That's too bad. Was hoping they'd win a couple more and start their complete dominance of the SLC early. :D
Thanks...but I guess that will have to wait until next year!:hurray:

McNeese75
October 20th, 2006, 09:30 AM

Kinda like YSU is doing this year in the Gateway, huh :D

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Game highlights courtesy of KatFans.com's Patssle...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh91kI5jbm0

http://www.katfans.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3565

BEAR
October 26th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Wow, a whole 2 minute highlight reel of nothing but SHSU. :rolleyes:

"Game highlights courtesy of KatFans.com's Patssle..."

That isn't a highlight reel of the game, it's a one sided snipet from the SHSU thumping on regional tv as possibly seen by millions of homes. :eyebrow:
You'd think they'd won the game watching that! xlolx

Does Katfans.com have any of the UCA runs or the braincrushing hits your players took throughout the game? :eek:

Hey, I'm a fan of good football and DD lit it up that night, but c'mon UCA must have provided a few highlights to make it at least a 10 minute highlight clip. I mean they did have the ball nearly 35 minutes. :smiley_wi

In all seriousness, I wish UCA had a highlight person to make videos like that. Well done! :hurray: xsmileyclapx

TexasTerror
October 26th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Wow, a whole 2 minute highlight reel of nothing but SHSU. :rolleyes:

"Game highlights courtesy of KatFans.com's Patssle..."

That isn't a highlight reel of the game, it's a one sided snipet from the SHSU thumping on regional tv as possibly seen by millions of homes. :eyebrow:
You'd think they'd won the game watching that! xlolx

Does Katfans.com have any of the UCA runs or the braincrushing hits your players took throughout the game? :eek:

Hey, I'm a fan of good football and DD lit it up that night, but c'mon UCA must have provided a few highlights to make it at least a 10 minute highlight clip. I mean they did have the ball nearly 35 minutes. :smiley_wi

In all seriousness, I wish UCA had a highlight person to make videos like that. Well done! :hurray: xsmileyclapx

UCABear...

This video goes up on the videoboard for the following game and will make up part of Pat's season-ending video which goes forward to recruiting. He does a great job!

Pat has put together some longer videos and I am sure, he could've done the same if that is what his goal was. He's done all of the videos I'm sure you've seen a few of over on KatFans. A two-minute clip like the one he did serve it's purpose.

Really does a great job and if we had a few more of him, SHSU could really do some major things with the videoboard and other projects...:D

patssle
October 26th, 2006, 09:13 PM
yeah, its not game highlights...its SHSU game highlights ;)

Nicholls was interested in getting some of my footage of two big plays from their game with us. I had nothing good because I was on the other end of the field not caring about their offense :)

BEAR
October 26th, 2006, 09:30 PM
yeah, its not game highlights...its SHSU game highlights ;)

Nicholls was interested in getting some of my footage of two big plays from their game with us. I had nothing good because I was on the other end of the field not caring about their offense :)

I know all that...geez..have a sense of humor! xlolx

But you do a great job filming the team.:hurray:

I visit katsfans.com and check out nearly every post that has to do with UCA or SHSU vs. UCA. I will check out more tomorrow. It's time for bed, I have to be at the grind at 4 a.m. xcoffeex :bang: :bang: :bang: :bawling:

patssle
October 26th, 2006, 11:22 PM
yeah its cool, my comments were meant to be light-hearted

your a worthy opponent, look forward to next years game with you.