PDA

View Full Version : Valpo vs San Diego

AppGuy04
October 14th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Surprised our boys haven't started this already, so here goes

San Diego returns opening kickoff for a TD!

7-0

AppGuy04
October 14th, 2006, 09:10 PM
USD intercepts Valpo on their 2nd play, take over at their own 30

3 plays later, Josh Johnson TD pass

14-0 USD
12:26 1st

AppGuy04
October 14th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Ok 21-0 Now

USD has scored on every possession

downbythebeach
October 14th, 2006, 10:23 PM
USD has scored on every possession
.....And they probably will the rest of the game.....xlolx

UNHWildCats
October 14th, 2006, 10:24 PM
San Diego for #1

PaladinFan
October 14th, 2006, 11:20 PM
Let 'em in to the playoffs. Send them to New Hampshire, Montana, or App. State.

BobbyMo
October 14th, 2006, 11:22 PM
valpo = butler

Tod
October 14th, 2006, 11:24 PM
Let 'em in to the playoffs. Send them to New Hampshire, Montana, or App. State.

Montana! :nod: :nod: :nod:

AppGuy04
October 14th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Montana! :nod: :nod: :nod:

Then the Montana coach can run the score up on them for once

AppGuy04
October 14th, 2006, 11:30 PM
USD goes for it on 4th and goal from the 2 when they are up 62-7

Valpo stuffs them though

3:48 left

AppGuy04
October 14th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Harbaugh is an ass!

USD takes over at their own 28 with 1:56 left and instead of kneeling, they decide to run it in for another TD

BobbyMo
October 14th, 2006, 11:37 PM

class move : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh :

AppGuy04
October 14th, 2006, 11:37 PM
68-7 Final

USD scores 2 TD's in the last 3 minutes while already up 50 points

Real freakin classy Harbaugh!!!

BobbyMo
October 14th, 2006, 11:56 PM
I hpoe whoever plays them in the GC smokes them... their coach from his comments and actions seems like a jerk

FUwolfpacker
October 15th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Maybe SD thinks the more points they score, the more respect they'll earn from the I-AA community:rolleyes: . Who knows though...that's pretty bad. I mean come on, when you're up 62-7 you have to call off the dogs (don't you?)!

unknown-swac
October 15th, 2006, 12:02 AM
A wise man once said, "There is no mercy in football.":D

GOTOREROS
October 15th, 2006, 01:07 AM
The starters were out of the game with 18 minutes to play. What should Harbaugh tell the second and third string guys? "Sorry fellas, I know you work hard every week to get in but we are going to hand the ball off to the FB and run out the clock. No touchdowns for you guys."

A lot of you "fans" make me laugh. I know that if USD had only beat Valpo 28-7, everyone would have said, "USD finally showed they aren't that good, they only beat Valpo by 21." So my question is what score would have made you all happy? 48-7, 42-7.......whatever.

No matter what USD or Harbaugh do most of you will "hate".....pretty sad, but it figures you guys are starting to get jealous because we get the pub nationally. USA Today articles on Harbaugh, USA Player of the Week nomination for Josh Johnson, etc. The old guard is getting nervous and even if we don't get into the playoffs it's worth it just to watch you all bitch and moan about USD - LOL!

GOTOREROS

Mike Johnson
October 15th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Gotoreros, you are right on the money. There is nothing that San Diego could have done to have gotten respect of people here. Everything would have been attacked.

Fascinating states. The starting fullback, Polk, only touched the ball twice and raked in 26 yards and 2 touchdowns. And there are complaints that San Diego didn't just give it to the fullback to run out the clock. The starting halfback, Rogan, carried ten times for 81 yards and a touchdown and caught one pass for a 22-yard touchdown and had a 93 yard kickoff return for a touchdown. He was done in the first half.

The back up quarterback, Hannula, went 5-5 for 43 yards. He also caught three passes for 30 yards and a touchdown. He is a sophomore and played defensive back last year.

Four other backs carried the ball. Feliczak carried the ball ten times for 91 yards and a touchdown. Allen carried the ball 7 times for 35 yards and a touchdown. Watson carried the ball twice for 26 yards and a touchdown; these two carries by the third string back were two of the three plays in the final drive. The other third string back, Denton, carried the ball 4 times for a net loss of three. He did have one carry for 2 yards in the final drive. That 4th and goal on the 2 in the second to last drive was given to Denton who had just lost 8 yards on 2nd down. But, then what would you have Harbaugh do, bring in the field goal kicker for a pretty much guaranteed 3 points or give a young third string sophomore running back who played on the scout team last year (and is also a local San Diego kid) a chance to see what he can do and show some confidence in him after he had just lost eight yards two plays earlier.

10 receivers caught passes. 50 players played.

No scholarships, but this team has depth and a very bright future.

Dane96
October 15th, 2006, 02:15 AM
The starters were out of the game with 18 minutes to play. What should Harbaugh tell the second and third string guys? "Sorry fellas, I know you work hard every week to get in but we are going to hand the ball off to the FB and run out the clock. No touchdowns for you guys."

A lot of you "fans" make me laugh. I know that if USD had only beat Valpo 28-7, everyone would have said, "USD finally showed they aren't that good, they only beat Valpo by 21." So my question is what score would have made you all happy? 48-7, 42-7.......whatever.

No matter what USD or Harbaugh do most of you will "hate".....pretty sad, but it figures you guys are starting to get jealous because we get the pub nationally. USA Today articles on Harbaugh, USA Player of the Week nomination for Josh Johnson, etc. The old guard is getting nervous and even if we don't get into the playoffs it's worth it just to watch you all bitch and moan about USD - LOL!

GOTOREROS

Oh that is such BS. THe point was made before th final two TD's. YES, you kneel down in that situation, up by 40+ pts. I am a proponent of "if the defense cant stop them, what are you going to do...blame the offense?!" However in this situation, you KNEEL on the ball. It isnt like there were five minutes to go. THERE WAS A BIT OVER 1 minute on the last TD!!!!!

Nobody is getting nervous...nobody is upset at USD's progress. USD reminds me of a little brother who just yip yaps so you know they are there. Harbaugh is singlehandidly sullying the rep of San Diego. Further, his gameminship is making the NEC actually look good; CRYING about non-inclusion, running up scores against beaten down opponents, preaching about how is QB is ALL-WORLD (he just may be...but you still dont yip about it).

Now compare that to SCHEDULING TOUGH TEAMS...GETTING SQUASHED FOR A FEW YEARS...THEN PULLING OFF SOME UPSETS.

First is USD...the second is the NEC. The NEC is doing it the right way...shutting our yaps and taking our lumps...but gaining recognition by on field exploits against superior comp.

HARBAUGH IS AN ASS...and while you may not realize it, the kids who strap it on everyday at USD and give their heart and soul to him...are losing out. The more he runs up scores, the more he yaps, the less of a chance the selection committee is going to let USD in.

Just shut it...and play football.

89Hen
October 15th, 2006, 07:54 AM
I've seen Delaware take a knee on the opponents 1 yard line. :nod:

UNHWildCats
October 15th, 2006, 08:00 AM

Valpo stuffs them though

3:48 left

Another classless move in I-AA today.

OrneryAggie
October 15th, 2006, 12:18 PM

Harbaugh did at least try to run the clock down, throwing only 5 times in the fourth. But that's still a jerk play to go for a TD on 4th down up by 55 and then to score again with 47 seconds left. Pure lack of class on that last play.

Just have to contrast that with what Bob Biggs at UCD did yesterday against UCA. With 6 minutes left to play and the ags up by 20, UCA held the ags to a 3 and out but then roughed the punter. Biggs declined the penalty, let UCA take over, and challenged his D to make the plays. The ags were also at the UCA 25 yd line with about 2 minutes left but did 3 soft rushes to run down the clock.

2 completely different philosophies. Too bad we have another 6 weeks to see which one really produces a winner.

AppGuy04
October 15th, 2006, 12:21 PM
USD will win that way, no doubt, but they will have ZERO respect

downbythebeach
October 15th, 2006, 12:58 PM
Someone should have said this....

Stay classy San Diego:hurray:

Maverick
October 15th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I thought a torrero was a bullfighter, but with Harbaugh as coach they have turned to BSers with those type of moves vs Valpo last night. You are right they may be feared but they won't be respected. But with those numbers against that schedule, they are more image than substance. Hope you guys enjoy watching the playoffs. Harbaugh is taking classless to a new low.

GOTOREROS
October 15th, 2006, 01:06 PM
It woudl be wonderful if all that mattered was that a team won. But as long as there are polls and voting, winning by a margin is important. USD will move up in the polls this week after another huge win.

You can all cry about lack of class, but this is football not tiddlywinks. For all the crying you guys do about getting beat by a ton of points I am beginning to think this board has a bunch of girls posting on it. Gee, Valpo, Butler, Yale, Davidson, Dixie St., Azusa I am real sorry your feelings were hurt by the arse kicking the Toreros put on you. We Toreros should learn not to put teams away.......and bury them. Whatever, I hope we kick the crap out of every team we play every single year. We may not win every game but that is the mindset USD has......that's why we have jumped up the most in I-AA in the past three years. Mindset.

I hope no one in the game of football ever has their feelings hurt - let's all sing "Kumbaya" and hold hands while were at it. God forbid anyone feels disrespected....xidiotx

GOTOREROS

UNHWildCats
October 15th, 2006, 01:07 PM
It woudl be wonderful if all that mattered was that a team won. But as long as there are polls and voting, winning by a margin is important. USD will move up in the polls this week after another huge win.

You can all cry about lack of class, but this is football not tiddlywinks. For all the crying you guys do about getting beat by a ton of points I am beginning to think this board has a bunch of girls posting on it. Gee, Valpo, Butler, Yale, Davidson, Dixie St., Azusa I am real sorry your feelings were hurt by the arse kicking the Toreros put on you. We Toreros should learn not to put teams away.......and bury them. Whatever, I hope we kick the crap out of every team we play every single year. We may not win every game but that is the mindset USD has......that's why we have jumped up the most in I-AA in the past three years. Mindset.

I hope no one in the game of football ever has their feelings hurt - let's all sing "Kumbaya" and hold hands while were at it. God forbid anyone feels disrespected....xidiotx

GOTOREROS

Wrong!

GOTOREROS
October 15th, 2006, 01:29 PM
Wrong!

Don Hansen has San Diego at #15 I believe....that would be moving up....xidiotx

GOTOREROS

UNHWildCats
October 15th, 2006, 01:30 PM

GOTOREROS

Its long been established that Don Hansen is a complete moron. His polls are constantly criticized here. Lets wait for some real polls to be announced like the greatest one AGS!

AppGuy04
October 15th, 2006, 01:32 PM

GOTOREROS

He also has JMU at #1, so you can throw his poll completely out the windowxidiotx

UNHWildCats
October 15th, 2006, 01:39 PM
San Diego was 20th last week the closest person ahead that lost was SIU at #9 to a highly ranked team so i dont see them falling 11 spots allowing San Diego to move up. In fact I think San Diego could drop a spot or 2

AppGuy04
October 15th, 2006, 01:44 PM
San Diego was 20th last week the closest person ahead that lost was SIU at #9 to a highly ranked team so i dont see them falling 11 spots allowing San Diego to move up. In fact I think San Diego could drop a spot or 2

I have them at the exact same spot as last week, and I expect the AGS poll will too.

Maverick
October 15th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah, I guess you are right GOTORERO that is why the MOV (margin of victory) has removed from the GPI and BCS because it was so important. Playing those teams in the 220 range and really pounding them and putting in two late touchdowns to run it up to 62 points when you read about others who don't makes your program look more like the rising bully than a new program with promise. You are making many people look forward to your not being in the playoffs for a few years, which I am sure will happen when your coach jumps ship in the next year or two for a bigger program!!

DetroitFlyer
October 15th, 2006, 02:21 PM
I have had just about all I can stand of the old guard going out of their way to hammer USD. First we hear how the schedule is weak, and then you want to jump on them for doing the only thing thay can do, beating weak teams by the biggest margin possible. Your cowardice in not wanting to face a non-scholly team in the playoffs because it will make all of the money you spend on your program look VERY bad when you lose is more than enough to make me sick. The I-AA champion should be decided on the field and excluding teams that you are simply afraid to lose to is absoultely pathetic. Yeah, by the way old guard, how did that little ole Ivy team that USD CRUSHED this season do yesterday? Man up and have the guts to play USD in the playoffs you whiners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OrneryAggie
October 15th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Whatever, I hope we kick the crap out of every team we play every single year. We may not win every game but that is the mindset USD has......that's why we have jumped up the most in I-AA in the past three years. Mindset.

I'm of the mindset that playing tough teams of equal or better ranking and beating them with a last second TD drive or goal line stand is what makes college football so great. Beating the biggest and best is much more gratifying than being king of midget village.

UNHWildCats
October 15th, 2006, 02:29 PM
I have had just about all I can stand of the old guard going out of their way to hammer USD. First we hear how the schedule is weak, and then you want to jump on them for doing the only thing thay can do, beating weak teams by the biggest margin possible. Your cowardice in not wanting to face a non-scholly team in the playoffs because it will make all of the money you spend on your program look VERY bad when you lose is more than enough to make me sick. The I-AA champion should be decided on the field and excluding teams that you are simply afraid to lose to is absoultely pathetic. Yeah, by the way old guard, how did that little ole Ivy team that USD CRUSHED this season do yesterday? Man up and have the guts to play USD in the playoffs you whiners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has nothing to do with teams being aftaid to play San Diego, its all about them already having a scheduling conflict and that there will be teams that were more deserving of a playoff spot should San Diego have got one.

Maverick
October 15th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Hold on hoss,
Nobody is going out of their way to do anything. What is being pointed out may not fit with your world view that all that happens is because everybody is afraid to play USD. USD's first time in the spotlight is built on beating up on a schedule that is not deserving of getting them in the playoffs. The history of teams first time getting in the spotlight and making a case for a playoff spot shows that schedules that shame what USD has this year did not make it. So this ain't about USD. The vast conspiracy and fear of USD are your imagination at work. The reality is this. They have one "quality" opponent and a win over that opponent. The rest is a nothing schedule that includes an NAIA and a D-II. The only other "quality" opponent is scheduled for a weekend during the playoffs, thus rendering them out of the playoff consideration. Instead of spewing nonsense address these realities and explain how they can be overcome in the real world and real time.

downbythebeach
October 15th, 2006, 02:46 PM
While running up the score is kind of a jerk thing to do, coaches like Joe Pa do it all the time its not really the end of the world this happens every week in college football. I've seen it a few times this year:(

DetroitFlyer
October 15th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Who can tell me what the recent proposal was for teams to be eligible for the I-AA playoffs? Do you remember? Basically, it mandated a minimum number of scholarships or a minimum amount of money spent, ( to protect the PL ). Conveniently, the scheme was cooked up to eliminate the NEC, MAAC and PFL.... Hard proof that the the old guard just cannot stand the thought that a non-scholly team, spending far less money than they do, could potentially kick their butts and make them look really, really bad.... This nonsense that a non-scholly team has to walk on water to even get a sniff at the playoffs is just plain ole discrimination. In my subjective opinion, having been one of the few members on this board that have actually seen USD play a football game, I believe that they are a top 25 caliber team and can hang with anyone in I-AA. Frankly, I do not think it is a "classy" move for Jimbo to run up the scores in PFL games. I am not looking forward to my Flyers being on the receiving end of one of these scores. But, given the opinions in the I-AA world, with the schedule USD has, the only way Jimbo can demonstrate where his team fits into the world of I-AA is to hammer and hammer bad, weaker opponents each week. Sad, but true!

ToreroTime
October 15th, 2006, 03:05 PM
I love how eveyone says there sick of talking about USD, and after a blow out win, everybody starts posting how USD won big without a single USD fan posting first. This is college football, not little league. If USD wants to score 100 points and give all their running backs 10 carries they can do that. Is Valpo going to call the NCAA and tell them USD is being mean to them? A lot of people should start looking at the positives of the USD program and not just trash them after big wins.

slostang
October 15th, 2006, 03:18 PM
I love how eveyone says there sick of talking about USD, and after a blow out win, everybody starts posting how USD won big without a single USD fan posting first. This is college football, not little league. If USD wants to score 100 points and give all their running backs 10 carries they can do that. Is Valpo going to call the NCAA and tell them USD is being mean to them? A lot of people should start looking at the positives of the USD program and not just trash them after big wins.
If you want a chance to go to the playoffs talk your admin. into jumping to scholarship football and move over to the GWFC. We would love to have you. I do not think that you will put up 68 points on any of the GWFC teams. If you did you would probably be going to the playoffs.

AppGuy04
October 15th, 2006, 03:37 PM

There is nothing positive about scoring 2 TD's in the final 2 minutes when you are already up 50 points:nono:

slostang
October 15th, 2006, 03:40 PM
There is nothing positive about scoring 2 TD's in the final 2 minutes when you are already up 50 points:nono:
I do not think any reasonable person can argue with that.

Maverick
October 15th, 2006, 04:02 PM
Doesn't matter what is said here anyway. The selection committee will have to be very impressed with this schedule and results to modify the process to select USD and completely depart from the process that has denied teams that were far more deserving than USD in 2006. There does not appear anything other than PFL whining to support that position. Being mathematically eligible and being worthy based on how a team played and who a team played are beyond those whose primary purpose is to continue the dichotomy of PFL vs the old guard. Notice that your "allies" the NEC have changed their approach to improving the OOC and increasing schollies, that is the way to do it. Based on games this year, that approach is proving productive. The PFL method of look at us we are scoring lots of points and beating lots of teams so we are going to see if our school will let us have schollies so we should be in the playoffs. This year is a good start, add next year with a schedule that includes at least 3 I-AA OOC schools of quality(scheduled and played before the playoff selection), and you have a much better position from which to argue. Until then your petulant childish rants are not supported by the facts.

PS: slostang, there are more than enough unreasonable people to argue with that in support of the PFL and against that "old guard" that your team by virtue of its membership in the GWFC has joined.

rmutv
October 15th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Now that RMU has knocked off CCSU and is quickly becoming one of the favorites in the NEC, I want us to go undefeated until the Gridiron Classic.

I want San Diego to win the PFL and come here to Moon Township.

And then I want to show them what it means to play smash-mouth football. A couple times of eating the turf courtesy of Ray Gensler and Jeff Rommes, and Harbaugh and Co. will be crawling back to San Diego.

I agree with the sentiment behind the PFL and NEC becoming part of the "cool kids" with the rest of I-AA teams. But you've gotta beat someone significant to do it. San Diego hasn't done that. Heck, RMU went undefeated in 2000 and didn't even sniff the I-AA playoffs, and they beat some decent teams.

It's a fact of life right now for the conferences. So shut up, learn how to be classy in your games, and we'll see what happens in the Gridiron Classic.

ToreroTime
October 15th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Now that RMU has knocked off CCSU and is quickly becoming one of the favorites in the NEC, I want us to go undefeated until the Gridiron Classic.

And then I want to show them what it means to play smash-mouth football. A couple times of eating the turf courtesy of Ray Gensler and Jeff Rommes, and Harbaugh and Co. will be crawling back to San Diego.

I agree with the sentiment behind the PFL and NEC becoming part of the "cool kids" with the rest of I-AA teams. But you've gotta beat someone significant to do it. San Diego hasn't done that. Heck, RMU went undefeated in 2000 and didn't even sniff the I-AA playoffs, and they beat some decent teams.

It's a fact of life right now for the conferences. So shut up, learn how to be classy in your games, and we'll see what happens in the Gridiron Classic.

Wow, this is a joke right? Robert Morris has 0 big wins, and have lost games to Dayton and Duquesne. Dayton is the worst team in the PFL this year. As for smash mouth football, USD has played plenty of option teams that focus purely on the run. So before you talk about beating USD you might want to focus on the NEC, because I know USD is taking care of business in the PFL.

BigApp
October 15th, 2006, 04:23 PM
God forbid anyone feels disrespected....

GOTOREROS

You mean, like you apparently do? :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: Like you said, this is football, not tiddlywinks, but here you are crying like a baby. Stop your bellyaching, you're not going to the playoffs, so what damned difference does it make where you're ranked? If you were #1, what would it matter? Is life so bad now in San Diego that you have to complain about this?

Grow up. Enjoy your football team's fine season. You'll get our respect when you earn it on the field, not because you ask for it.

GOTOREROS
October 15th, 2006, 04:42 PM

Wow - great facility you have there RMU! Is that a stadium with stands only on one side?! It looks like the side without bleachers is about to fall off a cliff!

At least if USD has to travel to RMU we don't have to worry about intimidation. LOL - yes the mighty NEC! You lost to Dayton which might be one the weakest teams in the PFL 21-14, and only beat Butler 35-14. Are you kidding me with your weak smack! We beat Butler 56-3, and Dayton fans are already cringing at this years game. Don't let something called "facts" get in the way of this discussion...

By the way we average more fans than you - some BIG LEAGUE program you have there.....:rolleyes: You guys act like you are LIGHTYEARS ahead of USD when the only thing you have more of is SCHOLARSHIPS.

And by the way, only Stony Brook averages more fans than USD.....yeah you guys are so far ahead of San Diego in everything. The sad part is if we had scholarships we would really be kicking people around...we worked Wagner the last time we played so yeah I can't wait to face another NEC team...xidiotx

Stony Brook avg attendance 6157
San Diego avg attendance 3979
Albany avg attendance 3817
CCSU avg attendance 3528
Wagner avg attendance 3424
RMU avg attendance 2577
Monmouth avg attendance 2491
Sacred Heart avg attendance 2460
St. Francis avg attendance 1103

Link for stats above per the NCAA http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Internet/attendance/IAA_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

GOTOREROS

Dane96
October 15th, 2006, 04:44 PM

HARBAUGH'S ACTIONS WERE DISGUSTING...PERIOD. YOU DONT GO FOR it on FOURTH WHEN UP BY 45+ points with a couple of minutes to go.

And I wouldnt be waving that coward wand so broad. DAYTON HAS REFUSED TO PLAY MANY SCHOOLS OUTSIDE OF WELCOME STADIUM. Shall we discuss how your HC backed out of the return game to UA?!

Dane96
October 15th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Who can tell me what the recent proposal was for teams to be eligible for the I-AA playoffs? Do you remember? Basically, it mandated a minimum number of scholarships or a minimum amount of money spent, ( to protect the PL ). Conveniently, the scheme was cooked up to eliminate the NEC, MAAC and PFL.... Hard proof that the the old guard just cannot stand the thought that a non-scholly team, spending far less money than they do, could potentially kick their butts and make them look really, really bad.... This nonsense that a non-scholly team has to walk on water to even get a sniff at the playoffs is just plain ole discrimination. In my subjective opinion, having been one of the few members on this board that have actually seen USD play a football game, I believe that they are a top 25 caliber team and can hang with anyone in I-AA. Frankly, I do not think it is a "classy" move for Jimbo to run up the scores in PFL games. I am not looking forward to my Flyers being on the receiving end of one of these scores. But, given the opinions in the I-AA world, with the schedule USD has, the only way Jimbo can demonstrate where his team fits into the world of I-AA is to hammer and hammer bad, weaker opponents each week. Sad, but true!

WRONG...it was in reference to the NEC who asked "WHAT DO WE NEED TO DO TO GET IN THE PLAYOFFS?" It was a gray line before. It is cut and dry now. While I dont agree with all of it, they have given the leagues a level to shoot for.

AND IN CASE YOU HAVENT NOTICED....BCS has requirements too...like scholarship requirements.

KNOW YOUR FACTS!!! Your embarrassing the limited and non-scholly schools right now. And furthermore....YOUR ARGUMENT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR POINT. IF USD PLAYED FOUR QUALITY TEAMS AND KICKED ASS LIKE THEY ARE NOW...THEY WOULD BE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

I am for expansion of the playoffs to allow all leagues, but your arguments have little merit. USD ISNT GETTING RESPECT BECAUSE OF THEIR WEAK ASS SCHEDULE AND THEIR CLASSLESS COACH.

GIVE IT A REST!
:bawling:

downbythebeach
October 15th, 2006, 05:46 PM
aw come on we're not really having a conversation about who has the better stadium are we......

GOTOREROS
October 15th, 2006, 05:54 PM
You mean, like you apparently do? :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: Like you said, this is football, not tiddlywinks, but here you are crying like a baby. Stop your bellyaching, you're not going to the playoffs, so what damned difference does it make where you're ranked? If you were #1, what would it matter? Is life so bad now in San Diego that you have to complain about this?

Grow up. Enjoy your football team's fine season. You'll get our respect when you earn it on the field, not because you ask for it.

Hey pal, show me one quote where I am crying about USD and the playoffs? Show me a quote where I am crying about San Diego and not getting into the playoffs. Good luck because you won't find one - I am not expecting to get into the playoffs this year anyway - EAST COAST BIAS. What I am looking for is establishing ourselves as a top 25 I-AA program. And we are on our way, will we make it? Who knows, all I can do is look at results and see where we stack up with conferences like the NEC.

All I have done on this site is respond to uneducated posts about where San Diego fits in with many of the scholarship teams. RMU is not further ahead of San Diego, look at who they have played and the results. We beat Butler by 53, RMU beat Butler by 21 - FACTS how they burn you guys...

Still no one from the mighty NEC has anything to say about how far ahead of San Diego they think they are....that is the joke here. You guys act like you're big time. Whatever, how many times has a BCS school ROLLED one of your scholarship teams. Like Nebraska, Florida etc haven't hung 60-70 points on a I-AA team ever? Did you guys cry about that too? Oh, Steve Spurrier please don't beat us up - waaaaa!

Many of you guys are guilty of the same bias you complain I-A schools use on you guys. A lot of people here are hypocritical - go ahead and talk out of both sides of your mouth. Complain about lack of respect from I-A schools and then you use the same attack on San Diego. It is you guys who lack the class not San Diego, you need to grow up and look in the mirror..

Most of the San Diego fans have simply stated that some borderline playoff teams are not any better than San Diego is. If you can't accept that than that is your problem not ours - again look at RMU's game vs. 2 PFL teams....If we get beat by Drake or RMU later in the season I will come back and give credit to whoever beats us. You can count on that, at least I am man enough to admit something when I am wrong. And you guys are wrong right now about where San Diego fits in...at least this year. Maybe San Diego will wilt away next year and never be heard from again.....but this year we are making some noise.

And, as far as your arrogance on football, one of my degrees comes from the best team in the PAC-10 - USC. So go ahead and rip on San Diego, I laugh at you guys just as much....this is simply a part-time fun thing to support my grad school. You guys are stuck with this every year...

GOTOREROS

rmutv
October 15th, 2006, 05:55 PM
San Diego's beaten some quality teams...right. Let's take a look at your wins:

27-0 over Azudza Pacific -- NAIA team. *yawns*
41-7 over Dixie State -- D-2 team. So tough...:rolleyes:
43-17 over Yale -- Wow, a I-AA team! Yale's 4-1 too, but they haven't played the top teams in the Ivy...Harvard, Penn, and Princeton all remain on their schedule. We'll see how good this win looks at the end of the season.
50-21 over Davidson -- conference. Davidson is 3-3. They beat Jacksonville and that oh so powerful team from Morehead State. Whoopity-doo!
56-3 over Butler -- conference. Butler is 2-5. You beating Butler (while we did too) is like our game versus St. Francis. You're expected to crush them.
68-7 over Valpraiso -- conference. Another 2-5 team. Congrats. You're beating the crap of your conference at home.

Now let's look at RMU.
21-14 loss at Dayton -- I-AA team on the road. Set the tone for the Flyers' season in most of the Colonials first game as college athletes.
27-7 loss to Duquesne -- I-AA team and cross-town rival. Duquesne has won most of the meetings despite a good run by the Colonials in the 90s.
35-14 win at Butler -- I-AA team on the road. Butler's points came on a blocked punt and a fumble return. 59 yards of offense for Butler. Unlike your classless Torerors, RMU sat on the ball the last seven minutes of play.
21-0 win over Rowan -- D-3 powerhouse. Only sub I-AA team on the schedule. Rowan had NEGATIVE 40 yards offense. RMU sat on the ball the entire fourth quarter.
45-13 win at St. Francis -- conference game, but a relatively weak opponent.
14-10 win at Wagner -- conference game. Wagner was 4-1. Goalline stand at the end stopped them.
23-17 win over #19 CCSU -- conference game. First ranked opponent in RMU history went down in 2OT.

Look, I'm not saying RMU is even going to win the conference. But San Diego has played all of two road games so far, none against anyone of quality but Yale. RMU has beaten #19 CCSU, gone on the road to Wagner and won, went on the road to Butler and won, and nearly upset Dayton on the road. If Dayton is one of the weakest teams in the PFL, then how do you explain Morehead State (1-6), Valpraisio (2-5), and Butler (2-5)?

Robert Morris has Monmouth next week. San Diego has Drake. We'll see if you're willing to talk after those two games.

Maverick
October 15th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Gotorero,
What East Coast Bias scheduled half of the USD "quality" games for after the playoffs begin? Sounds more like an AD and FB coach knew they weren't going to the playoffs so they scheduled accordingly. Either that or they are complete idiots trying to get into the playoffs after they screwed up with the scheduling. Maybe it has something to do with the PFL being the lowest ranked conference so often that the only way for USD to upgrade the program with scholarships is to create this false reality that they are being kept out of the playoffs. Maybe if they do that nobody will notice that they were scheduled out of the playoffs from the beginning.

In the future with the lack of quality of schedule available from within the PFL, the only real chance is a quality OOC (no D-II or NAIA). Without that the PFL champ will be playing for the Gridiron Classic (if it lasts!).

Unless someone can figure out a way to add another week to the playoff setup by starting a week earlier to be able to add another 16 teams, there is no chance for the PFL to see an autobid for the conference champ in the playoffs. They are behind the NEC and MAAC already.

Dane96
October 15th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Hey pal, show me one quote where I am crying about USD and the playoffs? Show me a quote where I am crying about San Diego and not getting into the playoffs. Good luck because you won't find one - I am not expecting to get into the playoffs this year anyway - EAST COAST BIAS. What I am looking for is establishing ourselves as a top 25 I-AA program. And we are on our way, will we make it? Who knows, all I can do is look at results and see where we stack up with conferences like the NEC.

All I have done on this site is respond to uneducated posts about where San Diego fits in with many of the scholarship teams. RMU is not further ahead of San Diego, look at who they have played and the results. We beat Butler by 53, RMU beat Butler by 21 - FACTS how they burn you guys...

Still no one from the mighty NEC has anything to say about how far ahead of San Diego they think they are....that is the joke here. You guys act like you're big time. Whatever, how many times has a BCS school ROLLED one of your scholarship teams. Like Nebraska, Florida etc haven't hung 60-70 points on a I-AA team ever? Did you guys cry about that too? Oh, Steve Spurrier please don't beat us up - waaaaa!

Many of you guys are guilty of the same bias you complain I-A schools use on you guys. A lot of people here are hypocritical - go ahead and talk out of both sides of your mouth. Complain about lack of respect from I-A schools and then you use the same attack on San Diego. It is you guys who lack the class not San Diego, you need to grow up and look in the mirror..

Most of the San Diego fans have simply stated that some borderline playoff teams are not any better than San Diego is. If you can't accept that than that is your problem not ours - again look at RMU's game vs. 2 PFL teams....If we get beat by Drake or RMU later in the season I will come back and give credit to whoever beats us. You can count on that, at least I am man enough to admit something when I am wrong. And you guys are wrong right now about where San Diego fits in...at least this year. Maybe San Diego will wilt away next year and never be heard from again.....but this year we are making some noise.

And, as far as your arrogance on football, one of my degrees comes from the best team in the PAC-10 - USC. So go ahead and rip on San Diego, I laugh at you guys just as much....this is simply a part-time fun thing to support my grad school. You guys are stuck with this every year...

GOTOREROS

GOOD LORD....

Albany: Beats then #11 Delaware at UD, and then #23 CCSU, along with perennial power Lehigh on the road.

CCSU: Beats (forgot the ranking) ranked Georgia Southern on the road.

RMU: Beats #23 CCSU

Stony Brook: Beats receiving votes Albany and I, believe, receiving votes Monmouth.

Are we going to even try and compare these wins and schedules with USD. How can you compare the NEC teams with USD until the GC?!

Unlike what you postulate, USD fans have been whining about: East Coast Bias; Lack of Respect; Why they should be ranked higher; how they deserve to be in the playoffs (mind you we are in week 7 of 12); and how they could play with any team in the country (yet they play no one).

It may not be you specifically, but it SURE IS YOUR BRETHERN!

And, because you know nothing about RMU, they are the youngest team in the league, featuring more FRESHMAN STARTERS THAN ANY OTHER TEAM. The RMU team from Week 1 and 2...is not the same RMU team playing today.

As for your degree from USC....SO THE F WHAT? Did you play at USC? Coach at USC? Have you ever evaluated DI talent for a living? If not....your "status" going to USC means nothing in this argument. It also shows me that illogical minds can leave USC with a degree.

Shhhhhh......

rmutv
October 15th, 2006, 06:17 PM
Exactly right, GreatDane. And don't forget, RMU still plays Monmouth, Albany and Stony Brook. Albany has RMU and Monmouth. Stony Brook has RMU and CCSU. And CCSU has Monmouth and Stony Brook.

That's quality football entertainment right there.

PMB4Life
October 15th, 2006, 06:38 PM
CAN WE PLEASE STOP THIS "OLD GUARD" NONSENSE?

This has nothing to do with an establishment trying to keep the little guy down. It has EVERYTHING to do with awarding programs willing to spend money on their teams. NS teams are given every opportunity to schedule on equal footing with the scholarship teams, but often don't. The strength of schedule alone is what is keeping NS programs out of the playoffs, it doesn't have anything to do with this ridiculous, over-romantic notion of The Old Guard. This is not a Civil Rights movement. This is football.

All of this can just stop if the San Diegos, Daytons, Butlers, and Drakes go and put together a schedule that will give them a chance for the playoffs. Azusa Pacific is not the way to go about doing that.

PMB4Life
October 15th, 2006, 06:40 PM
And before anyone can say this:

PMB4Life RECOGNIZES THE ACCOMPLISHMENTS OF THE SWAC, MEAC, AND JOHNNY BRIGHT IN REGARDS TO CIVIL RIGHTS IN SPORTS.

SochorField
October 15th, 2006, 07:00 PM
A lot of people should start looking at the positives of the USD program and not just trash them after big wins.

Beating Valpo is a big win!?

FargoBison
October 15th, 2006, 07:01 PM

GOTOREROS

What you said makes no sense, at least I-AA's play I-A's and then whine about how they don't get respect. USD hasn't even played a legit playoff team and you guys are whining about why everyone is saying you have no chance at the playoffs and are not legit.

As for I-AA football, I am stuck with it and I love it. I-AA football >>>>>>>I-A. Maybe if your lucky enough your part time fun thing will become a full time thing, I-AA is nothing but pure college ball played at it's highest level.

GOTOREROS
October 15th, 2006, 07:44 PM
San Diego's beaten some quality teams...right. Let's take a look at your wins:

27-0 over Azudza Pacific -- NAIA team. *yawns*
41-7 over Dixie State -- D-2 team. So tough...:rolleyes:
43-17 over Yale -- Wow, a I-AA team! Yale's 4-1 too, but they haven't played the top teams in the Ivy...Harvard, Penn, and Princeton all remain on their schedule. We'll see how good this win looks at the end of the season.
50-21 over Davidson -- conference. Davidson is 3-3. They beat Jacksonville and that oh so powerful team from Morehead State. Whoopity-doo!
56-3 over Butler -- conference. Butler is 2-5. You beating Butler (while we did too) is like our game versus St. Francis. You're expected to crush them.
68-7 over Valpraiso -- conference. Another 2-5 team. Congrats. You're beating the crap of your conference at home.

Now let's look at RMU.
21-14 loss at Dayton -- I-AA team on the road. Set the tone for the Flyers' season in most of the Colonials first game as college athletes.
27-7 loss to Duquesne -- I-AA team and cross-town rival. Duquesne has won most of the meetings despite a good run by the Colonials in the 90s.
35-14 win at Butler -- I-AA team on the road. Butler's points came on a blocked punt and a fumble return. 59 yards of offense for Butler. Unlike your classless Torerors, RMU sat on the ball the last seven minutes of play.
21-0 win over Rowan -- D-3 powerhouse. Only sub I-AA team on the schedule. Rowan had NEGATIVE 40 yards offense. RMU sat on the ball the entire fourth quarter.
45-13 win at St. Francis -- conference game, but a relatively weak opponent.
14-10 win at Wagner -- conference game. Wagner was 4-1. Goalline stand at the end stopped them.
23-17 win over #19 CCSU -- conference game. First ranked opponent in RMU history went down in 2OT.

Look, I'm not saying RMU is even going to win the conference. But San Diego has played all of two road games so far, none against anyone of quality but Yale. RMU has beaten #19 CCSU, gone on the road to Wagner and won, went on the road to Butler and won, and nearly upset Dayton on the road. If Dayton is one of the weakest teams in the PFL, then how do you explain Morehead State (1-6), Valpraisio (2-5), and Butler (2-5)?

Robert Morris has Monmouth next week. San Diego has Drake. We'll see if you're willing to talk after those two games.

RMU-

If San Diego and RMU meet, and we lose I will gladly come back here and eat crow. If San Diego loses next week at Drake I will come back here and eat crow. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. As many have stated, in the end we shall see what San Diego can accomplish. I just don't get the "hating" that many of you do. So you don't like Harbaugh.....so what? Who cares about the coaches anyway?

GOTOREROS

AppGuy04
October 15th, 2006, 07:47 PM
RMU-

If San Diego and RMU meet, and we lose I will gladly come back here and eat crow. If San Diego loses next week at Drake I will come back here and eat crow. Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere. As many have stated, in the end we shall see what San Diego can accomplish. I just don't get the "hating" that many of you do. So you don't like Harbaugh.....so what? Who cares about the coaches anyway?

GOTOREROS

The coach is the face of your program and currently he is embarassing you with his actions. You SHOULD care what he says and does, b/c it is a reflection on your team and school.

Dane96
October 15th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Most coaches get told to shut their yap by their AD's for baseless comments. The Josh Johnson thing...subjective, so i will let it slide.

What IS NOT SUBJECTIVE:

-USD plays an inferior schedule...period...end of story. Assuming YALE WINS THE IVY....great, you blew out one GOOD TEAM....the rest are blowouts of suspect teams at THIS LEVEL OF COMPETITION. Point out a team that made the playoffs, as an at-large, with one win over a team that one its league...and blowouts of teams generally considered not to be "up to par."?!

-USD shoud go to the playoffs. Really? Well, not according to the Commish who HAS FINAL SAY ON THAT!!! Another baseless comment by Harbaugh.

-San Diego State is bascially a bunch of cowards for not playing USD. Well, granted SDSU has been pretty bad, however the name of the game in the BCS is for teams to schedule to make themselves eligible for a bowl. Why would SDSU, who could or could not have a good season, schedule a non-scholly team that wont help them get to the amount of scholarship team wins that would allow them to play in the bowl. They would be depriving their constiuency to appease Harbaugh. Furthermore, wait a second...I see a bulb going off above a logical mind...USD should be doing EXACTLY WHAT SDSU DOES WITH SCHEDULING: SCHEDULE TO GET ELIGIBLE FOR THE POST-SEASON!!!

Bottom line: USD has a coach who is off his rocker and is blaming everyone but his AD for not doing what is necessary to get invited to the playoffs.

No one hates the USD players...but the illogical minds of certain posters and certain coach have given the entire USD program a "what the f" questioning from other posters and I AM SURE THE SELECTION COMMITTEE!

windwalker
October 15th, 2006, 08:10 PM
RMU-

GOTOREROS

No... back in '85... he was my Hero... I am a BIG Bears fan..

Doesn't have anything to do with your coach.. it has to do with your schedule, and your admins view on football.

Enjoy your very winning season...

siugrad99
October 15th, 2006, 10:54 PM
85 Harbaugh wasn't a bear. 4 being a "big bear fan" you sure don't know ur history

rmutv
October 16th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Harbaugh wasn't even in the league in 1985. He wasn't drafted until 1987.

I believe your "hero" might have been Jim McMahon. I hope to all that is holy you weren't a fan of the "Super Bowl Shuffle."

UNHWildCats
October 16th, 2006, 12:40 PM

Boy was I right on this...

22. San Diego

GOTOREROS
October 16th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Boy was I right on this...

22. San Diego

Which poll is that? USD remains in same spot as last week at #21...just curious which poll you are using to define San Diego?

USD Torero Football Retain #21 ranking in I-AA Top 25
San Diego #1 in nation in scoring offense and scoring defense

Oct. 16, 2006

(San Diego, CA) - For the third straight week the San Diego Torero football team appears in The Sports Network 2006 I-AA Top 25 Poll, retaining their No. 21 position. Winners of 14 straight, and 22 of their last 23 games, the 6-0 Toreros also rank No. 20 in this week's College Sporting News (CSN) Coaches Poll, and No. 16 in Don Hansen's Football Weekly Gazette Top-40 Poll. USD moved up to 72nd in the Sagarin Power Ratings for all I-A and I-AA programs, including up to 8th for all I-AA programs.

For the 8th time this season and 14th poll in a row overall, the Toreros claim the No. 1 spot in the Sports Network I-AA Mid-Major Top 10. The Toreros picked up all 25 first-place votes and 250 total points to stay at No. 1 in the I-AA Mid-Major poll after their 68-7 home win over Valparaiso. USD (3-0 PFL; 6-0) will put its No. 1 ranking and 14-game winning streak on the line this Saturday with a key PFL road game at No. 2 Drake (3-0 PFL; 6-1). Kickoff is slated for 6:00 p.m. (CT) at Drake Stadium and the game will be air locally on 1700 AM with Jack Murray calling the action. USD's 14-game winning streak is only matched by Ohio State among all I-A and I-AA programs.

Josh Johnson, USD's outstanding junior quarterback, continues to rank among the national leaders. The "Payton Watch" candidate ranks nationally in six I-AA statistical categories - 1st in points responsible for (26.67 ppg); 2nd in total offense (324.8 ypg); 3rd in total passing yards (1,607); 3rd in passing efficiency (176.8 rating); 4th in passing yards per game (267.83); and 8th in passing (20.5 completions per game).

Through six games this season the Toreros find themselves ranked as a team in 21 I-AA Top-25 statistical categories, but more importantly, in the Top-5 in twelve statistical departments: 1st in total offense (510.17 yards); 1st in scoring offense (47.50 ppg); 1st in 3rd down conversion percentage (69.2%), 1st in scoring defense (9.2 ppg); 1st in punt return yardage defense (0.0); 2nd in passing offense (290.0 ypg); 2nd in passing efficiency (175.01 rating); 2nd in kickoff returns (29.0 ave.); 2nd in pass efficiency defense (80.15 rating); 3rd in total defense (204.50 ypg); 4th in pass defense (116.0 ypg); and 4th in turnovers lost (4). Additional top-10 statistics include: 6th in fumbles lost (2); 7th in rushing defense (88.5 ypg); 9th in turnover margin (+1.17); and 10th in rushing offense (220.17 ypg).

cosmo here
October 16th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Which poll is that? USD remains in same spot as last week at #21...just curious which poll you are using to define San Diego?

most AGS people use the AGS poll

UNHWildCats
October 16th, 2006, 04:31 PM

USD Torero Football Retain #21 ranking in I-AA Top 25
San Diego #1 in nation in scoring offense and scoring defense

Oct. 16, 2006

(San Diego, CA) - For the third straight week the San Diego Torero football team appears in The Sports Network 2006 I-AA Top 25 Poll, retaining their No. 21 position. Winners of 14 straight, and 22 of their last 23 games, the 6-0 Toreros also rank No. 20 in this week's College Sporting News (CSN) Coaches Poll, and No. 16 in Don Hansen's Football Weekly Gazette Top-40 Poll. USD moved up to 72nd in the Sagarin Power Ratings for all I-A and I-AA programs, including up to 8th for all I-AA programs.

For the 8th time this season and 14th poll in a row overall, the Toreros claim the No. 1 spot in the Sports Network I-AA Mid-Major Top 10. The Toreros picked up all 25 first-place votes and 250 total points to stay at No. 1 in the I-AA Mid-Major poll after their 68-7 home win over Valparaiso. USD (3-0 PFL; 6-0) will put its No. 1 ranking and 14-game winning streak on the line this Saturday with a key PFL road game at No. 2 Drake (3-0 PFL; 6-1). Kickoff is slated for 6:00 p.m. (CT) at Drake Stadium and the game will be air locally on 1700 AM with Jack Murray calling the action. USD's 14-game winning streak is only matched by Ohio State among all I-A and I-AA programs.

Josh Johnson, USD's outstanding junior quarterback, continues to rank among the national leaders. The "Payton Watch" candidate ranks nationally in six I-AA statistical categories - 1st in points responsible for (26.67 ppg); 2nd in total offense (324.8 ypg); 3rd in total passing yards (1,607); 3rd in passing efficiency (176.8 rating); 4th in passing yards per game (267.83); and 8th in passing (20.5 completions per game).

Through six games this season the Toreros find themselves ranked as a team in 21 I-AA Top-25 statistical categories, but more importantly, in the Top-5 in twelve statistical departments: 1st in total offense (510.17 yards); 1st in scoring offense (47.50 ppg); 1st in 3rd down conversion percentage (69.2%), 1st in scoring defense (9.2 ppg); 1st in punt return yardage defense (0.0); 2nd in passing offense (290.0 ypg); 2nd in passing efficiency (175.01 rating); 2nd in kickoff returns (29.0 ave.); 2nd in pass efficiency defense (80.15 rating); 3rd in total defense (204.50 ypg); 4th in pass defense (116.0 ypg); and 4th in turnovers lost (4). Additional top-10 statistics include: 6th in fumbles lost (2); 7th in rushing defense (88.5 ypg); 9th in turnover margin (+1.17); and 10th in rushing offense (220.17 ypg).

When I made the comment is was in reference to the only poll that matters! And thats the AGS poll!

BigApp
October 17th, 2006, 11:41 AM
San Diego lives!