PDA

View Full Version : #19 Central Conn @ Robert Morris

aceinthehole
October 14th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Listen live at: http://ccsubluedevils.cstv.com/multimedia/webbroadcast.html
CCSU Game Notes: http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ccon/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/weekly-release.pdf

---
RMU opened the game with a long, sustained drive (80 yrds/11 plays) and went up 7-0.

CCSU's first possession was a 3 and out. Blue Devils punt was blocked giving the Colonials great field position on the CCSU 18. Then Central recovers a fumble!

Central gained its first 1st down of the game. On the 4th play of the drive RB Justise Hariston score on a 61 yard TD run! He now has over 1,000 yrds rushing this season and 5 TD runs of 45+ yards.

End of 1st Q
CCSU - 7
RMU - 7

aceinthehole
October 14th, 2006, 01:10 PM
RMU scores on a 2nd quarter TD pass and adds a FG as the half comes to a close. CCSU will receive the ball to begin the 3rd Q

Halftime
CCSU - 7
RMU - 17

Other scores from around the NEC

Albany - 14
Sacred Heart - 7
2nd Q

Monmouth - 14
Wagner - 0
Halftime

Stony Brook - 16
St. Francis (PA) - 6
Halftime

aceinthehole
October 14th, 2006, 01:31 PM
CCSU opens the 3rd quarter with a long, sustained drive (15 plays/74 yards) capped by a 1 yrd TD run by Justise Hariston.

7:39 left in the 3Q
CCSU -14
RMU - 17

aceinthehole
October 14th, 2006, 01:46 PM
CCSU - 14
RMU - 17
End of 3Q

Albany - 14
Sacred Heart - 7
3rd Q

Monmouth - 21
Wagner - 0
3rd Q

Stony Brook - 16
St. Francis (PA) - 13
3rd Q

aceinthehole
October 14th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Confusion on the field by CCSU. Time expires as CCSU had the ball on the RMU 14 yrd line. Missed opportunity to try game winning FG! :(

Heading into OT
CCSU - 17
RMU - 17

ToreroTime
October 14th, 2006, 02:32 PM
This makes the Dayton win over Robert Morris a little concerning for the NEC.

Dane96
October 14th, 2006, 02:33 PM
No...it doesnt.

ANY GIVEN SATURDAY.

Stick to your promoting USD for the playoffs.

RMU is talented...but very, very young.

But I am sure you knew that.

ToreroTime
October 14th, 2006, 02:36 PM
Dayton has not won a game yet in the PFL, and today lost another one to Jacksonville, but I'm sure you knew that too.

Dane96
October 14th, 2006, 02:44 PM
Yes, actually I did.

Go answer your phone...Ithink Harbaugh is calling you to get signatures to petition the NFL to allow San Diego to be the second NFL team in the area.

blukeys
October 14th, 2006, 02:47 PM
RMU wins

aceinthehole
October 14th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Huge upset! :( RMU's young defense is starting to jel. Watch out for Walton's Colonials. CCSU will drop from the national rankings and RMU is tied with SBU at 3-0 for 1st place in the NEC.

No excuse from me, but I really think this shows the depth and strength of the NEC.

CCSU - 17
RMU - 23
FINAL 2 OT

Albany - 24
Sacred Heart - 13
FINAL

Monmouth - 28
Wagner - 7
FINAL

Stony Brook - 30
St. Francis (PA) - 13
FINAL

Dane96
October 14th, 2006, 02:51 PM
Very good win for a very young team. Feel bad for CCSU though.

BobbyMo
October 14th, 2006, 04:41 PM
This makes the Dayton win over Robert Morris a little concerning for the NEC.

Then what the win over butler say????

dont play they if they beat them, and they lost to them, that means we could beat them game.

FUwolfpacker
October 14th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Congrats to RMU. Nice win for them.

ToreroTime
October 14th, 2006, 04:50 PM

dont play they if they beat them, and they lost to them, that means we could beat them game.

Im not trying to play the game, I am just wondering if RMU got better or Dayton just got worse. Because I know RMU would probably win big if they played again.

BobbyMo
October 14th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Im not trying to play the game, I am just wondering if RMU got better or Dayton just got worse. Because I know RMU would probably win big if they played again.

Rmu has gotten a lot better imo. I think they would win, but then again i am biased.

I hope RMU and you guys keep rolling so you can come to western pa for what i think would be a great game.:nod:

rmutv
October 14th, 2006, 05:14 PM
The most incredible game I've seen at Joe Walton Stadium.

I'm speechless. Mostly because for the past four hours, I've been talking non-stop for the RMU-TV broadcast, but also because words can't describe what this win means for a young and energetic Colonials team that has improved from week to week.

Wow.

Justise Hairston is really good, by the way, but you can't be one dimensional. Hairston running the ball 49 times for 256 yards is great....until you throw the ball 8 times. CCSU has to find other ways to win because Hairston could break down.

Awesome win.

Tod
October 14th, 2006, 05:16 PM

Post of the day! :confused:

Congrats!

Calif_Colonial
October 14th, 2006, 05:57 PM
What a great Homecoming Game! Hairston for Central is the real deal. He can certainly motor and has the power to take it up the middle.

Central could have won the game in regulation, but they pissed around and could not get a kick attempt. They had the time and downs but decided to run one more time without any timeouts left. That was a huge coaching mistake.
RMU's defense came up big when they had too. They stopped Hairston near the goal line when they had to. 2nd OT interception was huge, at the goal line!. The Colonials started the ball at the 25 for their turn on offense. We ran it down to the 14 and on 3rd down connected for a pass to Hines #9 for the winning score.

Anybody who cares, yes we are very young; we have 46 freshman on the roster. Starting lineups include 10 Freshman.

RadMann
October 14th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Congrats on a strong win!

BobbyMo
October 14th, 2006, 11:10 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :bang: :bang: :bang:
Post of the day! :confused:

Congrats!

sorry post-a-tronic i dont live here:nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nonono2: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:

aceinthehole
October 15th, 2006, 05:18 PM
What a great Homecoming Game! Hairston for Central is the real deal. He can certainly motor and has the power to take it up the middle.

Central could have won the game in regulation, but they pissed around and could not get a kick attempt. They had the time and downs but decided to run one more time without any timeouts left. That was a huge coaching mistake.
RMU's defense came up big when they had too. They stopped Hairston near the goal line when they had to. 2nd OT interception was huge, at the goal line!. The Colonials started the ball at the 25 for their turn on offense. We ran it down to the 14 and on 3rd down connected for a pass to Hines #9 for the winning score.

Anybody who cares, yes we are very young; we have 46 freshman on the roster. Starting lineups include 10 Freshman.

Classy post all of you RMU fans! You are 100% right.

CCSU should have won in regulation, but hey... Hairston is the real deal, but without a passing QB we are too one dimentional to win. Our defense is good but weak against the pass - look at St. Peter's and SFPA. Even though we donminated them they threw against us at will.

Walton is a class guy and great coach (I'm also a JETS fan :) ). I think we knew they were young. This RMU team can only get better.

The NEC race is wide open!!!!

PIRATETIZED1
October 15th, 2006, 11:39 PM
Posted by aceinthehole
Classy post all of you RMU fans! You are 100% right.

CCSU should have won in regulation, but hey... Hairston is the real deal, but without a passing QB we are too one dimentional to win. Our defense is good but weak against the pass - look at St. Peter's and SFPA. Even though we donminated them they threw against us at will.

Walton is a class guy and great coach (I'm also a JETS fan ). I think we knew they were young. This RMU team can only get better.

The NEC race is wide open!!!!

ace.....
As far as the playoffs, this was a terrible loss for your school. I'm sorry, y'all did not get the win! We still have an agreement concerning the Monmouth game, correct???
My question to you is...
Do you think any NEC team will be an at large selectee in the playoffs, now?

PIRATETIZED :cool:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
HAMPTON UNIVERSITY - “…Of Service To God and Our Nation…”

rmutv
October 16th, 2006, 12:04 AM
Pirate, I think Ace would agree that no NEC team is no capable of receiving an at-large selection in the playoffs. With the lack of credibility still swarming around the NEC, a team would need to at least be undefeated in the conference schedule, then have a solid out of conference schedule where they came away with one loss at the most.

The only team with one loss at all in the NEC is Monmouth, and they lost a conference game. They may not win the conference if RMU and Stony Brook continue their winning ways. RMU lost to Dayton and Duquesne, while Stony Brook is only 3-4.

If Monmouth goes 10-1, maybe they get a look, even with that conference loss to Stony Brook. They are the only contenders right now in a very tight NEC.

Note: this is not to say that these NEC teams aren't any good. But it's just the first year of a resurgence in the league. Next year is a strong possibility if the Gridiron Classic does not conflict and the teams are eligible. I know RMU is really young, and I believe Stony Brook is too.

danefan
October 16th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Pirate, I think Ace would agree that no NEC team is no capable of receiving an at-large selection in the playoffs. With the lack of credibility still swarming around the NEC, a team would need to at least be undefeated in the conference schedule, then have a solid out of conference schedule where they came away with one loss at the most.

The only team with one loss at all in the NEC is Monmouth, and they lost a conference game. They may not win the conference if RMU and Stony Brook continue their winning ways. RMU lost to Dayton and Duquesne, while Stony Brook is only 3-4.

If Monmouth goes 10-1, maybe they get a look, even with that conference loss to Stony Brook. They are the only contenders right now in a very tight NEC.

Note: this is not to say that these NEC teams aren't any good. But it's just the first year of a resurgence in the league. Next year is a strong possibility if the Gridiron Classic does not conflict and the teams are eligible. I know RMU is really young, and I believe Stony Brook is too.

I wish it was true, but Monmouth will most likely not get a look even if they are 10-1. Their loss to Stony Brook, as well as Albany's, looks horrible. Stony Brook's crappy OOC season coupled with its late surge in the NEC brings the NEC strength of schedule down far enough to remove any NEC team from consideration.

aceinthehole
October 16th, 2006, 08:40 AM
I wish it was true, but Monmouth will most likely not get a look even if they are 10-1. Their loss to Stony Brook, as well as Albany's, looks horrible. Stony Brook's crappy OOC season coupled with its late surge in the NEC brings the NEC strength of schedule down far enough to remove any NEC team from consideration.

Pirate - I never said CCSU was going to they playoffs (I always said it was too early to tell, but always highy unlikely).

Dane, I'm with you, but if MU wins out they will get a look. How serious a look is up for debate.

Playoffs were never really a concern for me. I always knew it was a longshot with St. Peter's and Marist on the schedule. Albany had the best schedule for it (outside of SBU - but of course they were blown out), but even with the Danes, I had very little confidence that the committte would give us a spot.

More important in my book is that NEC TEAMS racked up quality OOC wins! Its a trend that started last season and has gotten even better. Even the upset wins in conference by SBU and RMU provide some indication of how competitive the league is. (Of course SBU is leaving so that does us very little good).

This year wasn't about one team - it was at least 3 teams (UA, CCSU, and MU). Add that RMU has won a big game and is still young and will only get better.

I bet if you looked at ALL the NEC teams you will see lots of underclassmen in starting or back-up roles. The addition of schollys had very little imact this year, belive it or not. But we all have been able to recruit freshmen that will make a big difference in the next few seasons.

In summary, you can't call our quality wins flukes or not valuable. GSU, Lehigh, Colgate, and Delaware may not be at historical program highs, but they are very quality wins. We have proved we belong in the I-AA discussion and not regulated to "mid-major" status.

If the NEC has gained the respect of I-AA teams, coaches, and fans I think this year was a success. I hope next year we no longer associate NEC as teams as "mid-major" programs. We are (and have been) I-AA and I still hold hope that an AQ playoff spot is not too far off in the future.

Seahawks Fan
October 16th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Great win for RMU. They have been the surprise of the conference so far this year. Could they be going to the Gridiron Classic?

BobbyMo
October 16th, 2006, 08:49 AM
ACE, very good points, I think this year has helped get the NEC some respect, I still do not think that any team would make the playoffs even if there was not the Gridiron Classic to be dealt with this year.

If the NEC keeps doing well as a whole in their OOC games, maybe in a couple years when there is no more GC, then we can get a team in. I think all NEC fans should be very please with how the conference has progressed, but must be careful not to get ahead of ourselves.

rmutv
October 16th, 2006, 12:43 PM
Great win for RMU. They have been the surprise of the conference so far this year. Could they be going to the Gridiron Classic?

RMU has a chance. However, it's far from easy. They have Monmouth at home this week, followed by Stony Brook on the road, followed by Albany at home.

They end the season at Sacred Heart, but the next three games are huge. There is no doubt that RMU is the hottest team in the NEC after winning five straight and toppling CCSU, but anything can happen on any given Saturday.

Really, right now, I think whoever loses out of RMU and Stony Brook the next couple weeks will give way to the other. Monmouth lurks, of course, but RMU and SBU are the undefeateds.

Exciting doesn't begin to describe the next few weeks. :hurray: