PDA

View Full Version : UNH@NDSU Semi Finals

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Southern Bison
December 20th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Wentz has some big shoes to fill. Tough to replace the winningest QB ever in FCS! He certainly has the physical tools. Have to see how he does when the game is on the line.

Another big ? will be the defensive line. Have to replace 3/4 of the starters and some depth there.

I look at Jensen & Wentz from the standpoint of Favre & Rodgers...Farve had a HOF career in GB while Rodgers learned as his backup. Rodgers stepped in and has a pretty stout career so far. I think if we can maintain 2 strong RBs and a corps of sure-handed TEs & WRs, Wentz will have a pretty stout career. He just won't have the numbers like Brock because he'll only have 2 seasons as the starter.

jmrepak
December 20th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I'm ready for this game tonight. It should be interesting to watch since it won't be my team on the wrong end of the Bison.

unh08fmd
December 20th, 2013, 01:37 PM
anyone know who's on play by play and color duty tonight for ESPN2?

TennBison
December 20th, 2013, 01:40 PM
Relax, it's a figure of speech. They obviously have something to lose. What people mean is that no one expects UNH to win, so that frees them up a little bit mentally.
Are you sure that you don't mean not that many instead of no one. UNH message board says different. That UNH message board is a group of funny individuals, they are upset that Bison fans on Bisonville are all anticipating a Bison win, and not giving them any respect by doing so.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2013, 01:41 PM
What if UNH.... won? :D

they were supposed to have an EMS city drill today in case that scenario played out ......17000 smug fans go into collective shock

bojeta
December 20th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Relax, it's a figure of speech. They obviously have something to lose. What people mean is that no one expects UNH to win, so that frees them up a little bit mentally.

I would add.... It is an insane position to take that a loss on the scoreboard tonight would be a total loss for the Wildcat season. To suggest such a thing is to tell every player that ever played the game without winning a national title that, in essence, they sucked, their season sucked, they wasted their time even suiting up that season. There are many victories to be won in a season. Sometimes just suiting up for the season can be a victory. Cal Poly had a great season in 1961 simply because they did so. The Wildcats had a great year they can be proud of. I don't expect them to win tonight either, but my hat is off to them just the same. May the best team win....

tnbison
December 20th, 2013, 01:52 PM
anyone know who's on play by play and color duty tonight for ESPN2?

Anish Shroff calling the play-by-play, Kelly Stouffer analyst and Cara Capuano sideline reporter

unh08fmd
December 20th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Love that 2 of the smallest, most rural states have 2 of the most bad ass teams in FCS and will be taking over ESPN2 tonight.

Southern Bison
December 20th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I'm ready for this game tonight. It should be interesting to watch since it won't be my team on the wrong end of the Bison.

You know you want to keep that avatar up through Frisco. xsmiley_wix

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2013, 02:04 PM
they were supposed to have an EMS city drill today in case that scenario played out ......17000 smug fans go into collective shock

Blah, blah, blah.....keep up the humorous salvos...xblehx

Bison win.....keep saying it, eventually it will sink it.

Bison 38-10

TennBison
December 20th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I would add.... It is an insane position to take that a loss on the scoreboard tonight would be a total loss for the Wildcat season. To suggest such a thing is to tell every player that ever played the game without winning a national title that, in essence, they sucked, their season sucked, they wasted their time even suiting up that season. There are many victories to be won in a season. Sometimes just suiting up for the season can be a victory. Cal Poly had a great season in 1961 simply because they did so. The Wildcats had a great year they can be proud of. I don't expect them to win tonight either, but my hat is off to them just the same. May the best team win....
You can think that way as a fan, but ask a player from UNH or NDSU and I bet you get a different reaction especially before the game.

Darlinikki150
December 20th, 2013, 02:15 PM
4 hrs & 50 min til game time!!!!

WrenFGun
December 20th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Boy oh boy this has been an unproductive day.

UNH Fanboi
December 20th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Starting to get butterflies in my stomach already.

TypicalTribe
December 20th, 2013, 02:44 PM
I'm a CAA fan and I'll certainly be pulling for UNH tonight, but the matchup in Frisco that I'd most like to see is NDSU and Towson. Towson would have knocked off the #2 and #3 seeds led by the other two Payton Award finalists and would bring the best running back in the country to face off against the best defense in FCS. Just think it would be a really entertaining matchup.

That being said, I think the Wildcats have a puncher's chance tonight, but they'll need a couple of plays to go their way, i.e. a return touchdown or a momentum changing turnover. NDSU doesn't allow much of either, but something unexpected will have to happen for New Hampshire to pull off the upset.

One thing I find incredible is that this is now UNH's 13th straight week of playing and they have had the same starters at all 22 positions almost the entire time. That's remarkable and has to be one of the reasons for the consistent improvement the team has seen. That being said, this is the wrong opponent to face coming off a short week bookended by two difficult road trips. Hope the Wildcats will surprise me, but I think the Cinderella run ends at midnight tonight.

bojeta
December 20th, 2013, 02:46 PM
You can think that way as a fan, but ask a player from UNH or NDSU and I bet you get a different reaction especially before the game.

In the short term, you are absolutely correct. The players on the team that have their season come to an end will undoubtedly have an aching feeling. Most players (from experience) will get over this in a day or two, knowing they gave it all they had to give. Most fans (maturity level being the biggest factor) will get over it anywhere from minutes to a week afterwords. Anyone still crying after that, needs to take a course in reality and relativity. Ultimately, it is just a game. The best player, the best effort, the best human being, may well be on the "losing" team. The experience of the "loss" may be an important ingredient their life-long success.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I'm a CAA fan and I'll certainly be pulling for UNH tonight, but the matchup in Frisco that I'd most like to see is NDSU and Towson. Towson would have knocked off the #2 and #3 seeds led by the other two Payton Award finalists and would bring the best running back in the country to face off against the best defense in FCS. Just think it would be a really entertaining matchup.

That being said, I think the Wildcats have a puncher's chance tonight, but they'll need a couple of plays to go their way, i.e. a return touchdown or a momentum changing turnover. NDSU doesn't allow much of either, but something unexpected will have to happen for New Hampshire to pull off the upset.

One thing I find incredible is that this is now UNH's 13th straight week of playing and they have had the same starters at all 22 positions almost the entire time. That's remarkable and has to be one of the reasons for the consistent improvement the team has seen. That being said, this is the wrong opponent to face coming off a short week bookended by two difficult road trips. Hope the Wildcats will surprise me, but I think the Cinderella run ends at midnight tonight.

Probably by about 8:30 CT actually. xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2013, 03:07 PM
In the short term, you are absolutely correct. The players on the team that have their season come to an end will undoubtedly have an aching feeling. Most players (from experience) will get over this in a day or two, knowing they gave it all they had to give. Most fans (maturity level being the biggest factor) will get over it anywhere from minutes to a week afterwords. Anyone still crying after that, needs to take a course in reality and relativity. Ultimately, it is just a game. The best player, the best effort, the best human being, may well be on the "losing" team. The experience of the "loss" may be an important ingredient their life-long success.

Wins and losses are overrated - but the game itself is great

Bisonator
December 20th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I just thought about this, we beat the FBS "Wildcats" to start the year. So let's beat the FCS "Wildcats" tonight! :D

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Blah, blah, blah.....keep up the humorous salvos...xblehx

Bison win.....keep saying it, eventually it will sink it.

Bison 38-10

predicting the Bison to win is like predicting the sun will set tonight..... but 38-10? I'm just not seeing that, sorry. UNH > Big South, CAA > MVFC

is Colten #20 playing tonight?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Heagle is playing tonight.

Grant Olson might play in the NC game with a torn ACL....xthumbsupx

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Bison 38-10

Another reason why this prediction is funny is you seem to think UNH is gonna be kicking a FG..xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Heagle is playing tonight.

Grant Olson might play in the NC game with a torn ACL....xthumbsupx

He didn't look well last Saturday coming off the field, cant imagine he'll be anywhere near 100 pct

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2013, 03:23 PM
He didn't look well last Saturday coming off the field, cant imagine he'll be anywhere near 100 pct

NDSU already has a DE playing with a torn ACL. His hamstrings are strong and compensate for the torn ACL...pretty rare I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Another reason why this prediction is funny is you seem to think UNH is gonna be kicking a FG..xlolx

The game is in a dome....not too many elements to affect the ball.

unh08fmd
December 20th, 2013, 03:29 PM

LOL we know that isnt happening

Darlinikki150
December 20th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Wins and losses are overrated - but the game itself is great

Well said my friend!

hebmskebm
December 20th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I just thought about this, we beat the FBS "Wildcats" to start the year. So let's beat the FCS "Wildcats" tonight! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XItRcMuraCI

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Greeting from the tailgate lot where it is 50 degrees cooler than when left KS yesterday

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2013, 04:53 PM
The Labbys crowd is getting ready for game time!

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/6998/07ns.jpg

Southern Bison
December 20th, 2013, 05:00 PM
We're expecting a good crowd at Jocks & Jills in Charlotte for the game. A couple of SoCon fans might show up too!

bojeta
December 20th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Wishing the best for our former Great West Conference mates tonight. Gooooooooo... Bison!!!

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2013, 05:24 PM
The Labbys crowd is getting ready for game time!

http://img547.imageshack.us/img547/6998/07ns.jpg

You better tell Bohl in front there he's still the coach and get over to the convention center

darell1976
December 20th, 2013, 05:25 PM
So what's the odds NDSU will be called North Dakota, and they won't say Bizon but Bison. Since ESPN does their homework on teams from west of NYC.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2013, 05:35 PM
So what's the odds NDSU will be called North Dakota, and they won't say Bizon but Bison. Since ESPN does their homework on teams from west of NYC.

seems ESPN even Lou Holtz is up to speed on the Bizun

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2013, 05:43 PM
just in case you missed it the first time

tell me when you got it figured out... really I think it comes down to giving you something to do as know one else came on here and played this role, now back to the game

You guys are coming off a real boring win over a not so good team - UNH will not be intimidated like the last team that was in and your players will see real quick that they will need to pick it up as this aint no Big South or Southern conf team...
Despite many of you saying that Bohl loved Fargo and would never leave especially for Wyoming - he flipped Fargo the Bird just like LeBron flipped the city of Cleveland the bird - Bohl should be a villain in Fargo, but not only is he not a villain - he still coaching the team - Distractions will take root and the Horns will slowly start to sprout from the sides of Mr Not so Cleans head.
You've never really played a CAA team (other than a very average JMU in 2011) in the playoffs - UNH will be coming in thinking they can win this game and they can

Some FCS teams made you work this year - UNH will make you work real hard and will scare the vanilla ice sceaming fans to death before it's over .... hold on

The MVFC is not as good as the CAA - In fact, If I had to compare the MFVC to a rock band, it would be Paul McCartney and Wings - and guess who gets to be Paul and who the Flip is Wings anyway?

UNH has made a living for knocking off FBS teams for years now, I think they will see North Dakota State as the next FBS victim, Yes FBS, that's really what North Dakota State has become somehow......

Now I have a reason to watch this game.

NDSUSR
December 20th, 2013, 05:45 PM
It wasnt really worth repeating.

tomq04
December 20th, 2013, 05:51 PM
It wasnt really worth repeating.

lol out loud.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2013, 05:54 PM
lol out loud.

get your giggles in now chuckle head, West is waiting for you

Lehigh'98
December 20th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Anygivenfriday?? Good luck to both teams. Ra ra New Hampshire !!

WrenFGun
December 20th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Gonna need some Ricky Santos magic tonight! Lets go!!!!

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Gonna need some Ricky Santos magic tonight! Lets go!!!!

understand he's coaching for you?? Hope Ball shows up as well ..... maybe even Chip Kelly was consulted on how to break the Bizun D.... looking for some magic

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2013, 06:01 PM
When does this game start anyway, hate to miss the KO messing around on here :D

UNH_BLUE
December 20th, 2013, 06:33 PM
When does this game start anyway, hate to miss the KO messing around on here :D

Eight.

caribbeanhen
December 20th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Eight.

thanks, its 8:41 out here in the Atlantic right now - Plus 4 Quebec so game must start on 210100Z DEC 13 or 19 minutes....

UNH_BLUE
December 20th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Here's my keys to the Game for NH to win:

Justin Mello & R.J. Harris must basically need a career game for each
Defense must keep Bison running game to 5 yds or less on 1st down
UNH RB's Steriti & Setian must keep the running game respectable and combine for at least 125 yds

All 3 must happen for UNH to win plus plenty more.

Go Blue!!!

BisonBabe
December 20th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Hello from the Fargodome. Should be a great game tonight. May there be no serious injuries.

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Hello from the Fargodome. Should be a great game tonight. May there be no serious injuries.

Rock the dome tonight!

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2013, 06:56 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/p180x540/965494_10152133394239532_1620323349_o.jpg

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2013, 07:00 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/p843x403/1040831_10152133513114532_554648627_o.jpg

Sader87
December 20th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Oh oh.....

Lehigh Football Nation
THE PICK THAT BROKE AGS

caribbeanhen
game on

RabidRabbit
December 20th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Great break and pick 6 for UNH. They'll need several of those.

UNH_BLUE
December 20th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Love it!!!! Shut that crowd up!

Lehigh Football Nation
NDSU's first time trailing in the playoffs.

Grizalltheway
https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/p843x403/1040831_10152133513114532_554648627_o.jpg

Awful quiet right now. xlolxxlolxxnodx

Lehigh Football Nation
December 20th, 2013, 07:14 PM
HOL-EE CRAP

CPrice91
December 20th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Bahahaha

Nickels
December 20th, 2013, 07:20 PM
NDSU's first time trailing in the playoffs.That's not saying much considering their competition thus far.

- - - Updated - - -

I say no catch.

TSU86
December 20th, 2013, 08:27 PM
boy that PA announcer is annoying.
I pray that my teams never prompt the crowd to yell "first down"

IBleedYellow
December 20th, 2013, 08:31 PM
boy that PA announcer is annoying.
I pray that my teams never prompt the crowd to yell "first down"

I'm sorry, we have fun.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
December 20th, 2013, 08:39 PM
Welcome back AGS! :D

Mattymc727
December 20th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Congrats to the Bison. Talent level isnt close. Good luck in the finals

Im off to chug some whiskey and try to bring a lady (haha) home from the bar!

DJKyR0
December 20th, 2013, 08:40 PM
Sorry for partying.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2013, 08:41 PM
I'm sorry, we have fun.

In fact almost every stadium I've been to does that.

Southern Bison
December 20th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Gotta love how our boys let UNH get some hope and then completely obliterate 'em!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Gotta love how our boys let UNH get some hope and then completely obliterate 'em!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/21/9edypugy.jpg

You aren't kidding.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2013, 08:47 PM
I got bit worried when we gave up those early Christmas gifts with the pick 6 and fumble.

semobison
December 20th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Congrats to the Bison. Talent level isnt close. Good luck in the finals

Im off to chug some whiskey and try to bring a lady (haha) home from the bar!

I can relate to that!

Bisonator
December 20th, 2013, 08:50 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/21/9edypugy.jpg

You aren't kidding.

This is something to behold! Soak it in Bison fans...soak it in.....xbowx

centennial
December 20th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Watching the game with few Ndsu fans at BWW. This one is over.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 20th, 2013, 08:57 PM
Congrats Bizon. Looking forward to the rematch on the grandest of stages! xnodx

jmrepak
December 20th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Can anyone touch NDSU at the fcs level? ....Nope, not at all. Some may deny it, but after watching their progress all season and then watching them on TV the last two weeks I'm 100% positive. The 2013 are the best FCS team EVER. Eat your heart 05-07 App State.

I just wish the NCAA would sanction some type of special exhibition match at the end of the season to see how the Bison may stack up against some of the top 10 FBS squads. I believe they could hang easily.

kdinva
December 20th, 2013, 09:08 PM
I just wish the NCAA would sanction some type of special exhibition match at the end of the season to see how the Bison may stack up against some of the top 10 FBS squads.

I think this Bison team would beat Va. Tech, in Blacksburg, w/ACC refs......

Darlinikki150
December 20th, 2013, 09:13 PM

Darlinikki150
December 20th, 2013, 09:19 PM
Well idk what the hell happened to UNH but this game is over

Da Herd
December 20th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Congrats Bizon. Looking forward to the rematch on the grandest of stages! xnodx

Are you really though? :D

Milkman
December 20th, 2013, 09:23 PM
UGH really needs to start to #chuckthepigskin

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Southern Bison
December 20th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Well...I think Towson & Ewww are in their rooms right now watching and going "oh ****"!

Drblankstare
December 20th, 2013, 09:26 PM
I know I shouldn't be this stunned, but I'm stunned at this level of domination in the semi finals.

jmrepak
December 20th, 2013, 09:30 PM
With this big of a lead with 20 mins to go I am really surprised that your starters are still in. The only game that will matter at this point is the next one, and there's no justification for the risk your team is taking.

NDSUSR
December 20th, 2013, 09:32 PM
With this big of a lead with 20 mins to go I am really surprised that your starters are still in. The only game that will matter at this point is the next one, and there's no justification for the risk your team is taking.

Their last home game. Having fun.
Love that avatar..

Milkman
December 20th, 2013, 09:36 PM
UNH* I promise that was auto correct

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tomq04
December 20th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Anyone else realize the Bison offense is responsible for every point scored tonight?

jmrepak
December 20th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Their last home game. Having fun.
Love that avatar..
Only thing I love about the avatar is that it's gone tomorrow xnodx

Thats where the the coach has to take control and say, "guys, you've had enough fun for tonight, it's time to protect our starters for a historic championship. Let your teammates get a little play time." It won't be fun anymore if one of your key d players or jenson goes down with an injury in garbage time.

TSU86
December 20th, 2013, 09:49 PM
I have season tix for the Ravens. We have one of the top home field advantages in the NFL without being told what to yell.

jmrepak
December 20th, 2013, 09:51 PM
Anyone else realize the Bison offense is responsible for every point scored tonight?
Bison D had a fumble scoop and score.

Hammersmith
December 20th, 2013, 09:51 PM

Nope. Fumbled snap by UNH taken in for a Bison TD.

SCPALADIN
December 20th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Mulligan...

for the whole damn first half of our season

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I have season tix for the Ravens. We have one of the top home field advantages in the NFL without being told what to yell.

College stadium. They try to have fun there. This is a great environment.

Nickels
December 20th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Agreed. At least ya'll don't whore yours out to sponsors.

"That's another First Financial first down", it goes along nicely with the "HEB redzone"

X-Factor
December 20th, 2013, 10:02 PM

You really think an injury is going to be the difference between a title? The Bison are going to bitch slap either of the two remaining teams.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BisonBabe
December 20th, 2013, 10:03 PM
All I can say is wow. Had time to visit with some UNH fans prior to the game. Safe travels to all be proud of your team they did great this season.

NHwildEcat
December 20th, 2013, 10:11 PM
So much for that 6 points in the 4Q all season...UNH just shattered that mark! :) Gotta take something from this game!

NDSUSR
December 20th, 2013, 10:12 PM
So much for that 6 points in the 4Q all season...UNH just shattered that mark! :) Gotta take something from this game!

Fair enough. :)
They threw you a bone.

X-Factor
December 20th, 2013, 10:16 PM

Our 3rd stringers almost had it stopped too

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Congratulations to UNH on a fine season.

BisonBacker
December 20th, 2013, 10:23 PM
I agree and it's been one of my complaints about Bohl over his entire tenure at NDSU he's not been one to give backups adequate time when games are out of hand.

StatueOfLibertyPlayAllDay
December 20th, 2013, 10:23 PM
That was an absolute bloodbath. Congrats to NDSU on building the most impressive FCS team I've ever seen. UNH didn't have enough to get the job done this year, but I'm really proud of the great season they had. The better team clearly came out and won tonight.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Congrats to UNH on a fine season and to making your first ever semifinal appearance. Good luck trying to take that next step next season.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2013, 11:07 PM
So sad that AGS appeared to be down from 7:15-8:30PM CT tonight. I was really looking forward to hearing the haters comment about the demise of the Bison only to be greatly disappointed!

Southern Bison
December 20th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Congratulations to a good UNH program that went deeper into the playoffs than every before. We'll see you in December next year.

Now...onward to Frisco!!

ursus arctos horribilis
December 20th, 2013, 11:49 PM
So sad that AGS appeared to be down from 7:15-8:30PM CT tonight. I was really looking forward to hearing the haters comment about the demise of the Bison only to be greatly disappointed!

What? The site was down?

IBleedYellow
December 21st, 2013, 12:16 AM
What? The site was down?

No, people just stopped posting because they just want to see NDSU lose.

Twentysix
December 21st, 2013, 12:23 AM
:\ Right away I thought it could be a really exciting game. I was wrong.

Good job setting a new record for your program UNH, semifinalist is might impressive. Hopefully in the next few years you can play NDSU for a chipper.

Southern Bison
December 21st, 2013, 12:26 AM
What? The site was down?

That's what I was thinking...the UNH@NDSU thread didn't go anywhere. Look at the times between post #809 & #810.

Big Rack
December 21st, 2013, 12:28 AM
That's what I was thinking...the UNH@NDSU thread didn't go anywhere. Look at the times between post #809 & #810.

A lot of Christmas parties tonight.

Apps03
December 21st, 2013, 12:30 AM
No, people just stopped posting because they just want to see NDSU lose.

I won't lie. I was pulling for UNH simply because I would prefer my Mountaineers to remain the only team to 3peat. I've pulled for every team you guys have played this year except KSU. Its got nothing to do with not thinking you guys can do it, The exact opposite actually. You guys are good, damn good. I respect greatly what you guys are doing right now. I pull against you because you are a threat and I respect what you're doing. Hope that makes some kind of sense.

Big Rack
December 21st, 2013, 12:40 AM
I won't lie. I was pulling for UNH simply because I would prefer my Mountaineers to remain the only team to 3peat. I've pulled for every team you guys have played this year except KSU. Its got nothing to do with not thinking you guys can do it, The exact opposite actually. You guys are good, damn good. I respect greatly what you guys are doing right now. I pull against you because you are a threat and I respect what you're doing. Hope that makes some kind of sense.

It makes sense. Your problem is your are not a Dolphins fan. :)

IBleedYellow
December 21st, 2013, 12:42 AM

If I was in your shoes I'd feel the same way... At the same time NDSU and App State sharing something together seems pretty Damn cool.

dewey
December 21st, 2013, 01:19 AM
Congratulations to a good UNH program that went deeper into the playoffs than every before. We'll see you in December next year.

Now...onward to Frisco!!

Well said. I hope the UNH team and fans have a safe trip home. It stings now I would imagine but hopefully your team and fans can look back with great pride on being the UNH team that advanced the farthest.

Now to finalize flights and a rental car for Frisco.

Great night to be a bison!

Dewey

RichH2
December 21st, 2013, 01:30 AM
Congrats to the Bison. A truly dominating win over a good team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 05:20 AM
predicting the Bison to win is like predicting the sun will set tonight..... but 38-10? I'm just not seeing that, sorry. UNH > Big South, CAA > MVFC

is Colten #20 playing tonight?

52-14.............xthumbsupx

UNH had less than 100 yards against the Bison starters on defense.

I told you it wasn't going to be close, UNH doesn't match up well against the Bison. I guess you had your CAA glasses on....xthumbsupx

I'm rooting for Towson today....I love their offense.

Tribe4SF
December 21st, 2013, 05:49 AM
Congrats to NDSU on a most impressive win. Congrats also to Sean McDonnell and the Wildcats for their improbable run to the semis. After our game with them on November 2 I gave them almost zero chance of even making the field.

The Bison are right up there with the best FCS teams of all time, and have continued to improve during this three year run.

caribbeanhen
December 21st, 2013, 06:16 AM
52-14.............xthumbsupx

UNH had less than 100 yards against the Bison starters on defense.

I told you it wasn't going to be close, UNH doesn't match up well against the Bison. I guess you had your CAA glasses on....xthumbsupx

I'm rooting for Towson today....I love their offense.

but you got the FG wrong, try paying closer attention to your predictions next time.....

Bizun obviously can notch it up to another level, not sure they belong at FCS level

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 06:48 AM
but you got the FG wrong, try paying closer attention to your predictions next time.....

Bizun obviously can notch it up to another level, not sure they belong at FCS level

Ya, good point....xthumbsupx

UNH had a good season, esp after a 1-3 start.

Both Bison lines dominated the LOS.

skinny_uncle
December 21st, 2013, 07:07 AM
Congrats, Bison.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 07:22 AM
Congrats, Bison.

Would you guys rather have Bubba leave or DeBoer?

Laker
December 21st, 2013, 07:28 AM
The Bison were dominant last night. UNH couldn't move the ball at all. I don't think that the Wildcats are that bad- NDSU is just that good.

One more game to go.

SIUSalukiFan
December 21st, 2013, 08:32 AM
Would you guys rather have Bubba leave or DeBoer?

Our fans want North Dakota to hire them both and Dale Lennon, too.

They are convinced there's a hot-shot BCS assistant out there dying to move to Carbondale, IL who will take SIU to multiple national championships. xlolx

SIUSalukiFan
December 21st, 2013, 08:34 AM
BTW, congrats to the Bison for another impressive win. Keep making the Valley proud!!!

I'm not sure I've seen a senior class like NDSU has be this good at the FCS level. Incredible bunch of players.

NHwildEcat
December 21st, 2013, 08:40 AM
I hope Towson advances. I want to see Terrance West against that NDSU defense...something has got to give.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 08:48 AM
I hope Towson advances. I want to see Terrance West against that NDSU defense...something has got to give.

Bison win that game.

Bison will stop the run and Towson's passing game is pretty mediocre. Plus the Towson defense, IMO, cannot stop the Bison offense.

Pards Rule
December 21st, 2013, 09:05 AM

Record in serious jeopardy!!!! It will be shared but question as to whether it will be trumped!!

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2013, 09:11 AM
What? The site was down?

Sorry, haha!

Just assumed something was wrong with a 75 minute lull in the game thread in the middle of the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
Just finished watching the ESPN telecast. What a domination!!!

On to Frisco!!

xbowxxbowx

UNHWildcat18
December 21st, 2013, 09:20 AM
Give the bison all the credit in the world, they were scary good last night. Truly an FBS squad(a good one at that) playing at the fcs level. Their players are workhorses and deserve it.

Seawolf97
December 21st, 2013, 09:31 AM
They are the best in FCS by far. UNH has a good team but was completely overwhelmed last night. The Bison just don't make many mistakes and play at a very high level. Good Luck in the Championship Game !!

Theee Catrabbit
December 21st, 2013, 09:40 AM
If I was in your shoes I'd feel the same way... At the same time NDSU and App State sharing something together seems pretty Damn cool.

Sharing is great...when you are in kindergarten." -AJ, SDSU WBB Coach. Congratulations to the Bison. Looks like a three-peat is all but assured. Good luck next week! I think it'll be tougher for you next year, but I don't think you will have to share the 3peat title forever.

P.S. To all the Towson fans who think West would run all over the Bison, by all means look up Zenner's stats against them the past 2 years. If you are hanging your hat on that, be ready to be physically and psychologically abused during the National Championship game as West runs for -1 Zenner,

GreatAppSt
December 21st, 2013, 10:23 AM
Everyone else is playing for the right to be named second place this year.

penguinpower
December 21st, 2013, 10:23 AM
Every single valley team except ISU-B played the Bison tougher than UNH. The CAA got 4 team in and that is bull****. They also had an easier road: SE. Louisiana, Fordham, Layfayette are not tradional power schools.

UNHWildcat18
December 21st, 2013, 11:02 AM
Every single valley team except ISU-B played the Bison tougher than UNH. The CAA got 4 team in and that is bull****. They also had an easier road: SE. Louisiana, Fordham, Layfayette are not tradional power schools.

Honestly stfu, CONFERENCE MATES WILL PLAY THEM HARDER, NO ONE WOULD/WILL BEAT THE BISON THIS YEAR. These teams are going into frisco to that atmosphere playing that team for the first time. you guys are used to playing them and their style of play. UNH destroyed the hyped mcneese team of 09 which won the southland, a 5-6 maine team gave them a better game. Conference mates are going to play you tougher a lot of the time. NDSU is on such a higher level and probably would have smoked you guys too granted you made the playoffs(don't lose last 3 games).. SDSU gave EWU less of a game than JSU did..... Also no one controls the damn brackets....We also only got 3 teams in....

Hammerhead
December 21st, 2013, 11:29 AM
Don't forget that NDSU held the #2 rusher in the FCS to 8 yards. South Dakota State as a team finished with -32 rushing yards against the Bison defense.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=332712571

penguinpower
December 21st, 2013, 12:35 PM
Honestly stfu, CONFERENCE MATES WILL PLAY THEM HARDER, NO ONE WOULD/WILL BEAT THE BISON THIS YEAR. These teams are going into frisco to that atmosphere playing that team for the first time. you guys are used to playing them and their style of play. UNH destroyed the hyped mcneese team of 09 which won the southland, a 5-6 maine team gave them a better game. Conference mates are going to play you tougher a lot of the time. NDSU is on such a higher level and probably would have smoked you guys too granted you made the playoffs(don't lose last 3 games).. SDSU gave EWU less of a game than JSU did..... Also no one controls the damn brackets....We also only got 3 teams in....

That wasn't directed at you or the UNH fans that was directed at TSN and playoff committee (who happens to read this board)

yopaulie
December 21st, 2013, 12:55 PM
I agree that only taking 2 teams from the MVFC was ridiculous. I think Youngstown should have been the third, but it didn't help that they ended the season on a multi-game losing streak. Also, the computer rating system, SRS, used by the selection committee is a complete and utter joke. SRS final season rankings used by the committee:

Eastern Ill.
(11-1)

North Dakota St.
(11-0)

Eastern Wash.
(10-2)

Southeastern La.
(10-2)

McNeese St.
(10-2)

Fordham
(11-1)

Coastal Caro.
(10-2)

Eastern Illinois got the #1 by SRS because they played one more game than NDSU...shows what a joke it is. No Strength of Schedule, conference strength, etc. factored in. Committee should be embarrassed to be admitting they use it as a selection factor. Any automated system that didn't spit out NDSU as the number one seed should have been thrown in the trash.

dwtime
December 21st, 2013, 01:04 PM
Congrats to the Bison in their win last night, not unexpected. Your team will be tough to beat in Frisco.

TribeNomad
December 21st, 2013, 02:36 PM
CAA did not get 4 in. Any power conference can argue that they had teams that could smoke teams that got picked. When you play good teams every week, you are going to get beat up, and solid teams won't have enough wins to get in. You see reality when softer teams with much softer schedules get waxed. That will not change.

Seedings a joke too.

TribeNomad
December 21st, 2013, 02:45 PM
If there is a beef with choices, what about the Big Sky. Take out EWU and what did they do?

centennial
December 21st, 2013, 02:47 PM
If there is a beef with choices, what about the Big Sky. Take out EWU and what did they do?
MVFC was 1st rated and CAA 2nd, we get a bunch of teams that get steamrolled. I think there is some politics going on in the selection.

TribeNomad
December 21st, 2013, 02:52 PM
Should we rename the NCAA to the PCAA?

TennBison
December 21st, 2013, 03:18 PM
Don't forget that NDSU held the #2 rusher in the FCS to 8 yards. South Dakota State as a team finished with -32 rushing yards against the Bison defense.
http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=332712571

Actually he only got 4 yards, thus the new unit of measure, a ZENNER = 4.

Gil Dobie
December 21st, 2013, 03:42 PM
Congrats on a great season UNH! Young team with a promising future.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2013, 08:49 PM
So far offenses are scoring an average of 21.35 pts below their average against NDSU which means UNH is in for about 11 pts on Saturday.

Holy cow. Call that one, didn't I?