PDA

View Full Version : UNH@NDSU Semi Finals

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

UNHFan99
December 17th, 2013, 09:35 PM
UNH bids higher than the minimum per round unlike most teams and also bids on games in every round. This is one area in which they are not stingy with their budget.
The NCAA would be inclined to give Montana a home game over UNH even with Montana bidding lower because the NCAA keeps the profits from ticket sales.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2013, 09:36 PM
The only better system, seeding all playoff entrants, would still send UNH to higher seeded teams... the only better system for UNH is one that explicitly states UNH always hosts forever regardless of circumstances.

This has nothing to do with this year. UNH has lost home playoff games because of their facilities.

The question was raised as to why UNH has not advanced further. The biggest reason is lack if home games imo.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:38 PM
UNH bids higher than the minimum per round unlike most teams and also bids on games in every round. This is one area in which they are not stingy with their budget.
The NCAA would be inclined to give Montana a home game over UNH even with Montana bidding lower because the NCAA keeps the profits from ticket sales.

No. If unseeded Montana bid less than unseeded UNH UNH would host. Just no.

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 09:38 PM

We can agree Montana is over rated and it was proven this year. The fact the committee would overlook other teams for home games doesn't shock me, like I said it isn't the best system but its better than bowl games.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:39 PM
We can agree Montana is over rated and it was proven this year. The fact the committee would overlook other teams for home games doesn't shock me, like I said it isn't the best system but its better than bowl games.

Home games are decided on a bidding system alone which is entirely completed before the playoff bracket is even decided. The committe doesn't decide who is the home team, they just put them in brackets.

That is ONLY in cases of matchups not including seeded teams.

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 09:40 PM
This has nothing to do with this year. UNH has lost home playoff games because of their facilities.

The question was raised as to why UNH has not advanced further. The biggest reason is lack if home games imo.

No way. Win more games in the regular season, win your conference then you are guaranteed home games. Be a higher seed, the facilities have little to do with it. Cmon man

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Home games are decided on a bidding system alone which is entirely completed before the playoff bracket is even decided. The committe doesn't decide who is the home team, they just put them in brackets.

Thank u for the correction sweetheart.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:42 PM
No way. Win more games in the regular season, win your conference then you are guaranteed home games. Be a higher seed, the facilities have little to do with it. Cmon man

Winning a conference most certainly does not guarantee home playoff games. NDSU's first home playoff game is a good example of that, RMU won the NEC NDSU was like the 4th place MVFC team, but in the first round RMU traveled to NDSU because we had outbid them and neither team was seeded.

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Winning a conference most certainly does not guarantee home playoff games.

It would certainly bode well, Would it not?

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:45 PM
It would certainly bode well, Would it not?

In some conferences it is a good predictor, but in others it isn't. Winning the patriot/NEC/pioneer/MEAC is not a good predictor of a high seed. But in UNH's case, winning the CAA is a good predictor. So yes and no, but regardless, it is not a rule.

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 09:48 PM
In some conferences it is a good predictor, but in others it isn't. Winning the patriot/NEC/pioneer/MEAC is not a good predictor of a high seed. But in UNH's case, winning the CAA is a good predictor. So yes and no, but regardless, it is not a rule.

I never said it would however I would think it would help boost the cause. I'm more or less saying UNH having to play on the road is mostly UNH fault, not anyone else's fault or their facility for that matter.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2013, 09:49 PM

In the perfect world yes. But that's not how it works...

South Dakota or Indiana State could have a great year but they are not going to receive the same treatment as NDSU.

Wofford is a great example in the SoCon. They could have had a better resume than GSU or App State but when the playoffs came around they were going to get the short end of the stick. Why? Money/politics

How many first round road games have UD or Montana played?

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:49 PM
In some cases even the winner of the MVFC may not recieve a seed. There was a scenario toward the end of the year that would have had Missouri State winning the MVFC with a 6-6 record. Had that worked out, they wouldn't have been a seeded team, even though they would have won the MVFC.

(of course that scenario included NDSU losing 2 games so it wasn't going to happen :p)

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:50 PM
In the perfect world yes. But that's not how it works...

South Dakota or Indiana State could have a great year but they are not going to receive the same treatment as NDSU.

Wofford is a great example in the SoCon. They could have had a better resume than GSU or App State but when the playoffs came around they were going to get the short end of the stick.

How many first round road games have UD or Montana played?

In a normal year (8-3 or better) if USD wins the MVFC they will most certainly be a top 4 seed. Unless they win it with a losing record somehow.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:52 PM
I never said it would however I would think it would help boost the cause. I'm more or less saying UNH having to play on the road is mostly UNH fault, not anyone else's fault or their facility for that matter.

Agreed. If UNH had some 11-0/12-0 season out there where they were sent to some other team in the first round they would have a gripe, but they don't.

Maybe in 2008 and 2009 they have an arguement, but definitely not in 2007, and definitely not now.

UNHFan99
December 17th, 2013, 09:55 PM
In 2004 we were ranked #5 in the country and went to #4 Georgia Southern. The went to Montana next round.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:58 PM
In 2004 we were ranked #5 in the country and went to #4 Georgia Southern. The went to Montana next round.

Id have to see the entire bracket to totally pass judgement, but that seems pretty weird. 8-2 vs 9-2 in the first round.

Pulled up the bracket, GSU was the last seeded team at 4. UNH was unseeded. Crappy matchup, but totally fair.

1. *Southern Illinois
*Eastern Washington
Sam Houston State
Montana

December 17, 2004

Chattanooga, Tennessee
http://printereagle.younce.net/playoffs/images/jmu.gif
James Madison Dukes
Coach: Mickey Matthews
Attendance: 16,771

Eastern Washington

*Sam Houston State
Sam Houston State

Western Kentucky

*Montana
*Montana
*Montana

Northwestern State

4 *Georgia Southern
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

3. *William & Mary
3. *William & Mary
3. *William & Mary
James Madison

Hampton

*Delaware
Delaware

Lafayette

*Lehigh
James Madison
James Madison

James Madison

2. *Furman
2. *Furman

Jacksonville State

* Denotes Host Institution

UNHFan99
December 17th, 2013, 10:01 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_NCAA_Division_I-AA_football_season

Bisonator
December 17th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Bottom line is a team can help their cause by being seeded higher by winning games. Schedule good teams and beat them if you want home games come playoff time.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2013, 10:04 PM
In a normal year (8-3 or better) if USD wins the MVFC they will most certainly be a top 4 seed. Unless they win it with a losing record somehow.

A 7-4 UNI team in 2010 was relegated to First Four status. I don't think one more win was getting them a seed. A team like USD is not getting the benefit of the doubt.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2013, 10:06 PM

That was historical run! They escaped both Lehigh and Furman by 1 point!

Honestly, you might never see that again!

UNHFan99
December 17th, 2013, 10:08 PM
We had 1 of two notable 1A wins that year and beat the defending champions to start the season that year. How could we have had a tougher schedule?
and Delaware hosted in 2004 even after we beat them.
Saying bids is the only thing getting home games is ignorant. It might be UNH's fault for not having a shiny new stadium, but it's not their records fault or their strength of schedule for not hosting. Or lack of wins. 10 straight years and only hosting 3 games is crazy. THE NCAA KEEPS THE PROFITS. They need asses in seats UNH doesn't have.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 10:11 PM
We had 1 of two notable 1A wins that year and beat the defending champions to start the season that year. How could we have had a tougher schedule?
and Delaware hosted in 2004 even after we beat them.
Saying bids is the only thing getting home games is ignorant. It might be UNH's fault for not having a shiny new stadium, but it's not their records fault or their strength of schedule for not hosting. Or lack of wins. 10 straight years and only hosting 3 games is crazy. THE NCAA KEEPS THE PROFITS. They need asses in seats UNH doesn't have.

I am pretty sure it has been posted numerous times that the cost of the playoffs out weighs the net profits. Could just be propaganda though.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 17th, 2013, 10:22 PM

Home games are not decided on just the bid, read the NCAA material and you'll see they have a ample list of items in addition to the bid, quality of facilities being one. And that includes the press box. UNH always scores badly in this area, crappy old press box, not exactly set up for modern television, no towers or stands to put cameras with the sun behind them, etc. I don't have any linkable proof but I recall hearing UNH had a higher bid but didn't get the home game at least once in the last ten years.

UNHFan99
December 17th, 2013, 10:23 PM
The cost of the playoffs outweighs the profits to the institution and not to the NCAA. My understanding is that the NCAA takes a percentage of the gate no matter what and the school needs to have a good showing to break even. Most don't break even if any. The NCAA claims they put the game on and not the school. The more asses in the seats the more money for NCAA to count.
NDSU and every top team deserve their home games. However, UNH has traditionally in other years traveled to teams that were ranked lower in the polls than them all season. This helps to explain some of our playoff trips.

NH-Georgia Southern- Montana is just one example. That's a lot of travel for a 9-2 CAA team.

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2013, 10:30 PM
The cost of the playoffs outweighs the profits to the institution and not to the NCAA. My understanding is that the NCAA takes a percentage of the gate no matter what and the school needs to have a good showing to break even. Most don't break even if any. The NCAA claims they put the game on and not the school. The more asses in the seats the more money for NCAA to count.
NDSU and every top team deserve their home games. However, UNH has traditionally in other years traveled to teams that were ranked lower in the polls than them all season. This helps to explain some of our playoff trips.

NH-Georgia Southern- Montana is just one example. That's a lot of travel for a 9-2 CAA team.

http://www.ncaa.com/fcs-selections-101

Prospective host institutions must submit the following minimum financial guarantees, which shall be 75 percent of the estimated net receipts as submitted on the proposed budget:
First Round--$30,000
Second Round--$30,000
Quarterfinals--$40,000
Semifinals--$50,000

If a quarterfinal or semifinal playoff site is not available due to the fact the institutions involved did not submit a proposed budget, the committee will contact the institutions and offer the opportunity to submit a bid at the current round’s minimum financial guarantee level. If seeded teams are not involved, the committee will determine the host institution by applying the championship site - selection criteria in Bylaw 31.1.3.2.1 According to the 2012 championship handbook, it was 75% of the estimated net receipts. At least it is if I'm reading it right. Here's the quote:

2. If the minimum financial guarantees are met, the committee will award the playoff sites to the top five seeded teams.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...B_OEM_ID=12300 (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nacda/sports/div1aaaada/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/adminguidelines.pdf?CONTENT_ID=251746&DB_OEM_ID=12300)

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 17th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Ask GaSoU fans how fair they thought unseeded but #5 UNH was for their first round opponent! xrolleyesx That game was scheduled for TV purposes just like JMU at YSU a couple years later!

JMHO, but UNH hasn't advanced beyond the Qtrs before this year because they got beat by very good teams, many of whom ended up in the Championship Game. Playing on the road is a factor too, but this year's team is proving winning on the road is feasible. I'm trying to recall the year, but Villanova was very good, maybe defending champs and had a crazy playoff trek with significant travel for the first two rounds then having to play at EWU on Friday night. I thought they ran out of gas in the fourth quarter of that game, the travel catching up to them. And IIRC, in 2004 all of JMU's road games were bus trips. Not as grueling as what Villanova faced that year.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Ask GaSoU fans how fair they thought unseeded but #5 UNH was for their first round opponent! xrolleyesx That game was scheduled for TV purposes just like JMU at YSU a couple years later!

JMHO, but UNH hasn't advanced beyond the Qtrs before this year because they got beat by very good teams, many of whom ended up in the Championship Game. Playing on the road is a factor too, but this year's team is proving winning on the road is feasible. I'm trying to recall the year, but Villanova was very good, maybe defending champs and had a crazy playoff trek with significant travel for the first two rounds then having to play at EWU on Friday night. I thought they ran out of gas in the fourth quarter of that game, the travel catching up to them. And IIRC, in 2004 all of JMU's road games were bus trips. Not as grueling as what Villanova faced that year.

NDSU would be four peating if we had beaten EWU on that crap OT call in the year you are talking about Villanova. Villanova would have come to the Fargodome for the semi's. :D (shoulda woulda coulda)

UNHFan99
December 17th, 2013, 11:07 PM
This is where UNH has lost in the past. Where does it say the highest bid gets a home game? My understanding is UNH bids aggressively every year and the facilities kill their chances.

Facility Evaluation Form
An online facility evaluation form must be completed by each institution interested in hosting preliminary-round competition. If you submitted a facility evaluation form for this championship last year, the responses to a number of questions will auto-populate with information you submitted last year. Please verify or edit those responses as needed, and provide responses to all blank questions.

Lets get back to the game though. UNH will give NDSU the toughest and most complete game of their season.

Bisonoline
December 17th, 2013, 11:12 PM
This is where UNH has lost in the past. Where does it say the highest bid gets a home game? My understanding is UNH bids aggressively every year and the facilities kill their chances.

Facility Evaluation Form
An online facility evaluation form must be completed by each institution interested in hosting preliminary-round competition. If you submitted a facility evaluation form for this championship last year, the responses to a number of questions will auto-populate with information you submitted last year. Please verify or edit those responses as needed, and provide responses to all blank questions.

Lets get back to the game though. UNH will give NDSU the toughest and most complete game of their season.

I just watched part of your last game. You do some things well and have some decent size in the trenches. I look forward to a great playoff game. I take no one lightly in the playoffs and I dont expect our team will either. Heres to playing the game!!!!

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 11:16 PM
2 days, 19 hrs and 43 min til game time....

AmsterBison
December 18th, 2013, 06:46 AM
This one should be a battle. UNH's defense is playing very well right now.

bisonboone11
December 18th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Why are all the UNH fans complaining about not getting home games? They were 7-4 this year, and got to host the first round game. They have been playing seeded teams since then. And how does any of that affect this game? I really hope they're not implying that they deserve to have this upcoming game at home (or even that they deserved to have home games vs Maine or SELA).

UNH Fanboi
December 18th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Why are all the UNH fans complaining about not getting home games? They were 7-4 this year, and got to host the first round game. They have been playing seeded teams since then. And how does any of that affect this game? I really hope they're not implying that they deserve to have this upcoming game at home (or even that they deserved to have home games vs Maine or SELA).

No one has remotely stated or implied anything like that. And this whole discussion about home games was started by a Lehigh fan.

deez_na
December 18th, 2013, 09:13 AM
2 days, 19 hrs and 43 min til game time....

Can't wait. Should be loud this friday. Go Bison!

Grizalltheway
December 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Highly debatable, they had a record as good as the other choices. You can think of better examples.

That, and we wouldn't have had any more home games as the 8th seed than we would have had as an unseeded team. Amazing how these supposedly sharp PL folks can't seem to grasp that.

Bisonator
December 18th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Is it Friday yet? Too bad I gotta work until 5. Hmmm I think I sense an illness approaching around noon on Friday. :D

Bison56
December 18th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Is it Friday yet? Too bad I gotta work until 5. Hmmm I think I sense an illness approaching around noon on Friday. :D

I am going to be sick Friday.xthumbsupx

Bisonator
December 18th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I am going to be sick Friday.xthumbsupx

The whole day? Damn but it's pay day!:(

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2013, 09:38 AM
That, and we wouldn't have had any more home games as the 8th seed than we would have had as an unseeded team. Amazing how these supposedly sharp PL folks can't seem to grasp that.

You were seeded which guaranteed you a home game. Not that difficult to grasp...

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 09:39 AM
You were seeded which guaranteed you a home game. Not that difficult to grasp...

All non seeds play other non seeds in the opener. The Griz are guranteed a homegame anytime its a bidding war because only NDSU Delaware and JMU can even compete with them for bids. It wasn't any different. Not that hard to grasp.

Seeded or not, the Griz were getting 1 home game and only 1 home game.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 18th, 2013, 09:44 AM
All non seeds play other non seeds in the opener. The Griz are guranteed a homegame anytime its a bidding war. It wasn't any different. Not that hard to grasp.

Seeded or not, the Griz were getting 1 home game and only 1 home game.

At least you admit that Montana will always get a home game regardless of merit which is ultimately my point.

ESPN absolutely wanted NDSU-Montana. Plus, technically Montana could have had another home game, or two....technically

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 09:45 AM
At least you admit that Montana will always get a home game regardless of merit which is ultimately my point.

ESPN absolutely wanted NDSU-Montana. Plus, technically Montana could have had another home game, or two....technically

Any scenario that yeilded Montana a homegame in these playoffs would have also happened regardless of being seeded. That is why it is a stupid arguement. I can't believe you can't wrap your head around that.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 09:47 AM
The 8 seed beats zero seeds, none, nada, zip, zilch. As the 8 seed they travel to every seed on their side of the bracket. As the 8 seed they play every unseeded team at home.

As an unseeded team in the same rung of the bracket, they travel to every seeded team on their side of the bracket. As an unseeded team they play all other unseeded teams at home. It really made zero difference.

An unseeded matchup between NDSU and Montana or JMU and Montana could have Montana travelling. They won't ALWAYS get a home game, just usually. They have built a brand that deserves it.

UNHFan99
December 18th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Seeded teams get home games. Everyone else relies on the committee to decide based on bids and also facilities. UNH fans are not complaining this year or ever, just stating our experiences and current facility.

Still surprised Bohl is leaving for Wyoming though.. aren't there better jobs he could have gotten? offered in the past? Even coordinator in a BCS would be a much better jump.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Seeded teams get home games. Everyone else relies on the committee to decide based on bids and also facilities. UNH fans are not complaining this year or ever, just stating our experiences and current facility.

Still surprised Bohl is leaving for Wyoming though.. aren't there better jobs he could have gotten? offered in the past? Even coordinator in a BCS would be a much better jump.

A million dollars will change a man's mind about anything.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 10:03 AM

There are exactly 8 Coordinator jobs that pay similar to what Bohl is getting from Wyoming (2xClemson, Alabama, LSU, Michigan, Georgia, Washington, Auburn). So no, BCS coordinator isn't really a better job. Especially when BCS coordinators are becoming the HC of schools like Wyoming and Colorado State.

Clemson

ACC
Chad Morris

$1,300,000
$9,650
$1,309,650
$120,417
$4,212,150

Alabama

SEC
Kirby Smart

$1,150,000
$350
$1,150,350
$230,000
$4,462,700

LSU

SEC
John Chavis

$1,100,000
$16,667
$1,116,667
$115,000
$4,565,803

Michigan

Big Ten
Greg Mattison

$840,000
$11,400
$851,400
$150,000
$3,072,000

Georgia

SEC
Todd Grantham

$850,000
--
$850,000
$225,000
$3,294,000

Washington

PAC-12
Justin Wilcox

$800,004
$0
$800,004
$61,000
$2,805,024

Clemson

ACC
Brent Venables

$800,000
$0
$800,000
$83,042
$4,212,150

Auburn

SEC
Ellis Johnson

$800,000
--
$800,000
$240,000

Bisonator
December 18th, 2013, 10:03 AM

I always thought that too but the more I think about this it's almost the best situation for Coach Bohl. If he can get them in a Bowl game in 2-3 years he can basically write his own check to a number of B10 or B12 schools IMO. If he can't he still banks enough cash to retire comfortably and everyone just keeps saying no one can win in Laramie. Is there really a downside?

Bison56
December 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM
The whole day? Damn but it's pay day!:(

I have direct deposit so noone will know anything. xcoolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 10:09 AM
I always thought that too but the more I think about this it's almost the best situation for Coach Bohl. If he can get them in a Bowl game in 2-3 years he can basically write his own check to a number of B10 or B12 schools IMO. If he can't he still banks enough cash to retire comfortably and everyone just keeps saying no one can win in Laramie. Is there really a downside?

Bill Snyder will finally retire in a couple years. What better chance for Bohl with this years game still fresh in their minds?

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Bill Snyder will finally retire in a couple years. What better chance for Bohl with this years game still fresh in their minds?

Might scoop the Mack Brown job in a few years :p. That is worth 4x what hes going to make at wyoming, rather than just 2.5x like K-State.

Snyder makes 2.75 million. Mack Brown makes 5.3 million.

Mattymc727
December 18th, 2013, 10:31 AM
UNH game notes are up

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2013-14/files/UNH_football_NCAAsemi.pdf

UNHFan99
December 18th, 2013, 10:33 AM
If he follows the traditional coaches path of coaching at "a losing school like Wyoming" he will be looking at coordinator positions anyway. I give him 2 or 3 years and he's out. He wont have close to the resources or support he has at NDSU.

Its a lot of money at Wyoming, but making 200K-300K for the next ten years and winning has to be at least considered for quality of life purposes.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Or he will follow the path of NDSU coaches and end up being the coach of an NFL team :p.

Ron Erhardt, Bob Babich, Todd Wash, Pat Perles, Gus Bradley... Craig Bohl?

semobison
December 18th, 2013, 10:46 AM

Interesting, looking back at the 2004 brackets. Sammy beats EWU! Some things never change!

Bisonator
December 18th, 2013, 10:47 AM
UNH game notes are up

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/fball/2013-14/files/UNH_football_NCAAsemi.pdf

I notice Goldrich is listed as probable with rib injury. Just sore ribs from the SELA game or what?

UNHWILDCATS05
December 18th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Staying downtown. Any thoughts on must eats/drinks?

Mattymc727
December 18th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I notice Goldrich is listed as probable with rib injury. Just sore ribs from the SELA game or what?

he and the other QB Vailas have been battling injuries all year, which is why they have switched so much. Goldrich hurt his ribs on the first drive of the W&M game, and then Vailas got hurt the same game, the offense just died. Goldrich was able to come back either the next week or two weeks later, and has pretty much been on fire since. I guess he may have lingering pain, but you couldnt tell last Saturday.

UNH Fanboi
December 18th, 2013, 11:05 AM
he and the other QB Vailas have been battling injuries all year, which is why they have switched so much. Goldrich hurt his ribs on the first drive of the W&M game, and then Vailas got hurt the same game, the offense just died. Goldrich was able to come back either the next week or two weeks later, and has pretty much been on fire since. I guess he may have lingering pain, but you couldnt tell last Saturday.

In a recent interview he said his ribs have been feeling much better the past few weeks.

Professor Chaos
December 18th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Rhombus Guys Pizza is a great place to eat/drink downtown but it'll be busy I'm sure. Hotel Donaldson is good also if you like swankier places.

semobison
December 18th, 2013, 11:08 AM
NDSU would be four peating if we had beaten EWU on that crap OT call in the year you are talking about Villanova. Villanova would have come to the Fargodome for the semi's. :D (shoulda woulda coulda)

We lost this game because:
A-We couldn't get a first down inside their 40, 2nd and 2, with the lead and less than 3 minutes to play! Get that 1st down, we win!
B- Then we punted and let them drive 90 yards in 2 minutes to tie the game. Stop them, we win!
C- Then, we let them score on their first play in OT!

The horse**** call at the goal line prevented us from tying the game and sending it into another OT! A and B cost us the game! It was a very tough loss at the time, but I believe it was a springboard to great things for a then young football team! NDSU-EWU in Frisco would be classic revenge and a great way for our seniors to finish what they started 3 years ago!

Trumpster
December 18th, 2013, 11:18 AM

JLBeers for a great burger and a lot of different beers on tap as well.

Bisonator
December 18th, 2013, 11:29 AM
A-We couldn't get a first down inside their 40, 2nd and 2, with the lead and less than 3 minutes to play! Get that 1st down, we win!
B- Then we punted and let them drive 90 yards in 2 minutes to tie the game. Stop them, we win!

The horse**** call at the goal line prevented us from tying the game and sending it into another OT! A and B cost us the game! It was a very tough loss at the time, but I believe it was a springboard to great things for a then young football team! NDSU-EWU in Frisco would be classic revenge and a great way for our seniors to finish what they started 3 years ago!

Well IMO (A) was due in part to the bogus personal foul call on Richards when the EWU player pulled him down. If that wasn't called or the refs had called it correctly against the EWU player we probably put the game away on that drive.

I agree we should have stopped them on the game tying drive and in OT but we probably should not have had to any way. Man that game still bugs me! xsmhx

dwtime
December 18th, 2013, 11:30 AM

I think UNHFan99 might have been implying that a BCS coordinator position was a better jump because it was a better job than head coaching Wyoming (not necessarily better pay) and a better possibility for a higher jump if he was successful. It will be difficult to be successful at Wyoming.

Bisonator
December 18th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I think UNHFan99 might have been implying that a BCS coordinator position was a better jump because it was a better job than head coaching Wyoming (not necessarily better pay) and a better possibility for a higher jump if he was successful. It will be difficult to be successful at Wyoming.

IMO Bohl is a much better HC then coordinator.

Green1
December 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM
IMO Bohl is a much better HC then coordinator.

Agree. He was a defensive coordinator at a BCS school. Did not work out so well for him.

Green1
December 18th, 2013, 12:26 PM

Well IMO (A) was due in part to the bogus personal foul call on Richards when the EWU player pulled him down. If that wasn't called or the refs had called it correctly against the EWU player we probably put the game away on that drive.

I agree we should have stopped them on the game tying drive and in OT but we probably should not have had to any way. Man that game still bugs me! xsmhx

Lots of pivotal moments in that game! I would love to see the Bison get another crack at them. With that being said, I am looking forward to the Cinderella match-up with UNH this Friday!

Darlinikki150
December 18th, 2013, 01:00 PM
JLBeers for a great burger and a lot of different beers on tap as well.

Spicey Pie is good for a quick bite. Montes is a little upscale but great good. Lots of bars around and some smaller eateries like the drunken noodle. That's all downtown, by the dome you have bw3, Applebee's, Labbys bar, grand junction if u want a delish hot sub. Enjoy your stay and make sure you hit up tailgating!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2013, 01:08 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing how UNH defends the Bison offense. If they sit back in their 4-2-5, they will get run over IMO. They will have to bring some pressure to frustrate Jensen. But then they leave the corners out by themselves and no one has proven they can defend Vraa man on man this year. Plus when NDSU runs the overload off-tackle runs with the FB and TE blocking, if the blitz doesn't get to the RB, he will be gone....CC found out.

UNH is well coached so I expect some 'wrinkles' from them. I expect some screens and misdirection plays.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Spicey Pie is good for a quick bite. Montes is a little upscale but great good. Lots of bars around and some smaller eateries like the drunken noodle. That's all downtown, by the dome you have bw3, Applebee's, Labbys bar, grand junction if u want a delish hot sub. Enjoy your stay and make sure you hit up tailgating!

I tried Spicy Pie for the first time at GameDay. Not bad.

My buddy seems to want to start early downtown so I'll be partaking quite early before we go to the dome.

Darlinikki150
December 18th, 2013, 01:25 PM
I tried Spicy Pie for the first time at GameDay. Not bad.

My buddy seems to want to start early downtown so I'll be partaking quite early before we go to the dome.

I to will be partaking early NoDak, its gonna be a great Friday.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 01:28 PM
I to will be partaking early NoDak, its gonna be a great Friday.

I'm driving the whole way tomorrow afternoon/evening. Staying at Mom's so she's going to be in for a couple of late nights letting me in the house. :)

Darlinikki150
December 18th, 2013, 01:33 PM
I'm driving the whole way tomorrow afternoon/evening. Staying at Mom's so she's going to be in for a couple of late nights letting me in the house. :)

Gotta love Mom! Hopefully she has some good hangover food for ya!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Gotta love Mom! Hopefully she has some good hangover food for ya!

always does!

Terrierforlife
December 18th, 2013, 01:45 PM
I look forward to seeing a great game. Haven't seen much of UNH this year, but I saw a great team in NDSU last year who may have dropped off slightly, if at all. NDSU plays football like the SOCON used to! Good luck to both squads!

Bisonator
December 18th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I look forward to seeing a great game. Haven't seen much of UNH this year, but I saw a great team in NDSU last year who may have dropped off slightly, if at all. NDSU plays football like the SOCON used to! Good luck to both squads!

Curious where you think they may have dropped off? IMO this team is better then last years. Especially offensively.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Curious where you think they may have dropped off? IMO this team is better then last years. Especially offensively.

I interpreted it as a dip last year. It was. I think of the 3 years, last year wasn't as good as this or 2011.

gotts
December 18th, 2013, 03:15 PM

I think I put this together last year for our Georgia Southern friends.

Hopefully it helps some.

http://goo.gl/maps/lBQok

NDSUSR
December 18th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I think I put this together last year for our Georgia Southern friends.

Hopefully it helps some.

http://goo.gl/maps/lBQok

Is the Fryin Pan any good these days? Not much downtown for breakfast.

gotts
December 18th, 2013, 03:22 PM

Dunno. Usually find myself over at IHOP for breakfast if it comes down to it.

I would agree there's not much downtown for breakfast.

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2013, 03:23 PM

If you are looking for some upscale dinning go to Montes, Mezzaluna.
, Toscana,. I here Sarellos is good also.

Ate at the Vinyl Taco the other night and it a very unique. A different take on tacos with different ingredients. Very good. Pizza Sammies.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 03:24 PM

I'd commit capital murder for Beef and Eggs. I miss that ****.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Rhombus Guys is better Pizza than Spicy Pie, MANY more beers on tap, too.

Milkman
December 18th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Rhombus guys is great with unique toppings while spicy pie is awesome if you just want a slice the size of a plate under $3 that still tastes great

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Rhombus guys is great with unique toppings while spicy pie is awesome if you just want a slice the size of a plate under $3 that still tastes great

That's all I went in for. I can't believe how much Broadway has changed since I left.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 05:12 PM
If you are looking for some upscale dinning go to Montes, Mezzaluna.
, Toscana,. I here Sarellos is good also.

Ate at the Vinyl Taco the other night and it a very unique. A different take on tacos with different ingredients. Very good. Pizza Sammies.

How did you find it a different take on tacos? They were pretty typical tacos to me. Lots of asado pork/chicken etc on corn tortillas. It's good but its kind of spendy, they want $3-4 per taco.

Suggest the hothead. Good jalapeno beer.

NDSUSR
December 18th, 2013, 05:16 PM
How did you find it a different take on tacos? They were pretty typical tacos to me. Lots of asado pork/chicken etc on corn tortillas.

Different for people who spend most of their lives in ND. For travelers its pretty standard fare.
No offense intended.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2013, 05:19 PM
UNH gave up 731 total yards to Towson with West rushing for 238 yards and 3 TDs. NDSU will definitely test their rush defense.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Good Evening Fargo.....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Good Evening Fargo.....

You coming? I'll buy you a beer. Sounds like you need it.

Darlinikki150
December 18th, 2013, 05:53 PM
I'd commit capital murder for Beef and Eggs. I miss that ****.

Still good my friends, especially when you have some beers in ya lol

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Different for people who spend most of their lives in ND. For travelers its pretty standard fare.
No offense intended.

Oh I gotcha.

I love most tacos; authentic style tacos, korean tacos, mexitruck tacos, Tex-Mex tacos, west-mex tacos you name it, corn tortillas, crispy tortillas, flour tortillas. I even like those eggroll taco things applebees has.

Yo estoy un gringo que quiero tacos todos los días!

Tacos en la mañana, tacos en la tarde, tacos cada ves!

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2013, 06:05 PM

Just look for the guy wearing the Caribbean Hen T-shirt, I figure about 1/2 dozen people around town might recognize than name

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Just look for the guy wearing the Caribbean Hen T-shirt, I figure about 1/2 dozen people around town might recognize than name

You have a .0024% chance of running into one of them! Well astronomically better if you go to the right places :p.

dewey
December 18th, 2013, 06:19 PM

It would be nice to meet you. I should be easy to find as I will be wearing a yellow shirt, lol.

I hope ypu enjoy your trip.

Dewey

gotts
December 18th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Oh I gotcha.

I love most tacos; authentic style tacos, korean tacos, mexitruck tacos, Tex-Mex tacos, west-mex tacos you name it, corn tortillas, crispy tortillas, flour tortillas. I even like those eggroll taco things applebees has.

Yo estoy un gringo que quiero tacos todos los días!

Tacos en la mañana, tacos en la tarde, tacos cada ves!

¡Tienes un taco en tus pantalones! jajajaja

Bison56
December 18th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Anyone know how to change the site back to english?

Green1
December 18th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Anyone know how to change the site back to english?

One thing we cherish in North Dakota is our diversity! xlolx

Green1
December 18th, 2013, 06:44 PM

My Spanish is a little rusty...

Are you asking for a taco made of underwear?

Bison56
December 18th, 2013, 06:53 PM
My Spanish is a little rusty...

Are you asking for a taco made of underwear?I think he wants a taco in pantyhose. Sounds like a seceret code to me.:D

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2013, 07:30 PM

Your kind offer is much appreciated but I admit a small nerve deep in my brain is flickering images to me that the free beer would likely cost me a kidney.....

Is there an airport near Fargo?

DJKyR0
December 18th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Your kind offer is much appreciated but I admit a small nerve deep in my brain is flickering images to me that the free beer would likely cost me a kidney.....

Hector International Airport is about a five-minute drive from the Fargodome.

NoDak 4 Ever

Only half a day's snowmobile ride, depending on the conditions.

Darlinikki150

There is one in Fargo, Hector Airport. Just a hop, skip, and a jump from the Dome!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Hector International Airport is about a five-minute drive from the Fargodome.

There is one in Fargo, Hector Airport. Just a hop, skip, and a jump from the Dome!

Don't believe them. Fargo's not big enough for an airport.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2013, 07:42 PM
UNH fans better be there on Friday. I need some cool fans to drink with just like last week. DjKyRo can attest to that!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 07:43 PM
UNH fans better be there on Friday. I need some cool fans to drink with just like last week. DjKyRo can attest to that!

I'll be there. Or am I too big a douche?

Bison56
December 18th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Yes :D

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2013, 07:48 PM

Closet UNH fan? Nice to meet you, I'm glad the UNH crowd can claim you as their own. ;)

Darlinikki150
December 18th, 2013, 07:50 PM

I'll be there tailgating a storm up in our bus. I'm making cheesy hashbrowns and I have my Apple Pie ready! Or is that to liberal for you?

Green1
December 18th, 2013, 07:53 PM

How many away games have you been to this year?

Bison56
December 18th, 2013, 07:56 PM
I'll be there tailgating a storm up in our bus. I'm making cheesy hashbrowns and I have my Apple Pie ready! Or is that to liberal for you?
As long as everyone gets a fair share you will be alright.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2013, 07:56 PM

I'm more of a Fireball whiskey kind of guy.

Also, this political BS needs to stop in FCS D. I don't care what you believe, I WANT TO TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL.

Green1
December 18th, 2013, 07:57 PM
As long as everyone gets a fair share you will be alright.

Yeah, think about the 99% who have no cheesy hashbrowns or apple pie.

Darlinikki150
December 18th, 2013, 08:01 PM
Yeah, think about the 99% who have no cheesy hashbrowns or apple pie.

Lol don't worry I make enough for everyone. No whiskey, just pie and probably Rumchada, always have Rumchada.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2013, 08:14 PM
RUMCHADA SHOTS FOR EVERYONE!

So damn good.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 08:16 PM
The sick part is that it was 63 degrees here today. It will be 50 something when I leave tomorrow afternoon and just drop like a rock as I head north.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2013, 08:18 PM
How many away games have you been to this year?

one, video footage posted on this site of a bit of that game

Green1
December 18th, 2013, 08:21 PM
The sick part is that it was 63 degrees here today. It will be 50 something when I leave tomorrow afternoon and just drop like a rock as I head north.

Dude. You have no idea what you are in for. xcoolx:)

Green1
December 18th, 2013, 08:26 PM

I envision your arrival in Fargo something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qnv8uo8RcY

Milkman
December 18th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Leaving Vegas Friday morning. Landing around noon. Should be tailgating shortly after.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Dude. You have no idea what you are in for. xcoolx:)

Spent my first 32 years there. I know cold but have lived in more hospitable climates the last few years

UNH Fanboi
December 18th, 2013, 08:38 PM
While we're shooting the ****, can someone explain why the team name is pronounced like "BYE-zun"? I know it's been explained somewhere before but I have wondered for a while. Is that the typical pronunciation of the plural form of that type of animal in the Midwest, or does that pronunciation only apply to the team? In the Northeast I've only heard the word pronounced like "BICE-un". Honest question--I'm not trolling.

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2013, 08:39 PM
1/2 pound brats will be served at the TOHBTC.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 08:40 PM
While we're shooting the ****, can someone explain why the team name is pronounced like "BYE-zun"? I know it's been explained somewhere before but I have wondered for a while. Is that the typical pronunciation of the plural form of that type of animal in the Midwest, or does that pronunciation only apply to the team? In the Northeast I've only heard the word pronounced like "BICE-un". Honest question--I'm not trolling.

It's a valid pronunciation in the dictionary.

Green1
December 18th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Spent my first 32 years there. I know cold but have lived in more hospitable climates the last few years

It's gonna be a shock. It's a shock at first, to those of us who live here. No worries, it's like riding a bike. A very, very, very cold bike.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2013, 08:42 PM

Either way is is accepted, but only BYE-ZUN is acceptable in North Dakota ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Either way is is accepted, but only BYE-ZUN is acceptable in North Dakota ;)

And it's a proper name so that's just the way it is.

Green1
December 18th, 2013, 08:43 PM
1/2 pound brats will be served at the TOHBTC.

Want to trade for some home-flavored, honey whiskey?

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Want to trade for some home-flavored, honey whiskey?

Thank you for the offer but I quit years ago. You are still welcome to come by for a brat!!! I will also have some elk brats on hand as well.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 18th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Man, this thread is boring!!!

xrolleyesx

Friday cannot come soon enough.....

UNH Fanboi
December 18th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Just found this article about it: http://www.ndsu.edu/news/view/detail/9349/

Apparently the z pronunciation is only found in the vicinity if Fargo.

Green1
December 18th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Thank you for the offer but I quit years ago. You are still welcome to come by for a brat!!! I will also have some elk brats on hand as well.

Your a smarter man than I am! xlolx Sounds like an awesome spread you guys have. Looking forward to Friday.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 08:54 PM

Because of both the old german word for hairy ox, and the french word bison.

Just look up the etymology on OED if you have a sub.

Germanic wisund French Bison

Pronunciation: /ˈbaɪsən/ /ˈbɪsən/ /ˈbɪzən/

Our area is teeming with Germans and historically was a french fur trapping area.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Just found this article about it: http://www.ndsu.edu/news/view/detail/9349/

Apparently the z pronunciation is only found in the vicinity if Fargo.

I can't find the Tom Rinaldi report from Game Day, but it's a good one.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 09:03 PM

Yo tengo muchas cervezas con los tacos en mis pantalones. Es básicamente un almacen en alli. Tu los quieres? Yo vendo más barato que taco juan. Tu puedes estar borracho, pero tu debes afeitarte!

gumby013
December 18th, 2013, 09:06 PM
I can't find the Tom Rinaldi report from Game Day, but it's a good one.

Here you go.

http://youtu.be/UV4YRL5d-98?t=55m29s

NDSUSR
December 18th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Same for SD. “ky-yoht” or “ky-yoh-tee.”

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Stringing together nonsense is a good time, until someone loses an eye.

- - - Updated - - -

Same for SD. “ky-yoht” or “ky-yoh-tee.”

Coyote is from Coyotl, the nahuatl word for that kind of dog... they saw it first and we borrowed it. The first one is correct the second is a mutation.

Coy & oat

Nezahualcoyotl - Hungry Coyote

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2013, 09:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IYnrBRP33s

- - - Updated - - -

Edit, that's not it. Oh well.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 09:12 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Edit, that's not it. Oh well.

This is turning into some inception ****, videos inside videos inside updates inside videos.

NDSUSR
December 18th, 2013, 09:17 PM
ESPN is changing its name to EZPN in honor of NDSU.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 09:17 PM
And they are calling it EE ZED PEE EN in honor of south canada.

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2013, 09:43 PM
One more video.
http://youtu.be/t2KJ3PiGZr8?t=4m13s

This makes me proud to be a Bison, I am proud that I was able to be a part of that chant.

EDIT: The damn Video needs to go to the last 20 seconds and when you embed it apparently it doesn't like that. LINK

http://youtu.be/t2KJ3PiGZr8?t=4m13s

BisonFan02
December 18th, 2013, 09:49 PM
BisonFan02, IBleedYellow, K State kid, and others for a gong show afternoon on Friday.....be there. :D

TILIS-BisonFan
December 19th, 2013, 12:41 AM

its as close as the best football team according to siouxsports.com

StatueOfLibertyPlayAllDay
December 19th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Halfway through the regular season, it looked like UNH had maybe a 10% chance of making the playoffs. One more loss could have excluded them. It was a disappointing position to find them in, as this team really seemed to have the most consistent, sturdy defense of any UNH squad in the last ten years. They've always seemed to have one of the few best offenses in FCS, and their defense would find a way to surrender more points by the time the quarterfinals rolled around. The 2013 team finally showed some teeth on defense, and it seemed like we were stuck with a pretty mediocre offense.

With a tough second half schedule, it seemed like an inevitability that UNH would miss the playoffs. And week after week, in basically a win-or-go-home situation, UNH found a way to win. These weren't lucky wins, or wins as a result of their opponents beating themselves. Every one of their wins to close out the season was one that they legitimately earned. When UNH faced Maine in the final game of the season, Maine was undefeated against FCS opponents this season. UNH went into that game facing a team that was destined to receive a top-4 seed in the tournament and absolutely trounced them 24-3. 24-3!!! In the second half of the season, UNH has played better than their opponents on offense, better on defense, and better on special teams. They're balanced, and they have at least half a dozen legitimate playmaker players who are capable of changing the game all on their own. They're deep enough and consistent enough that they don't have to rely on "the big play," but it's still probably going to happen, making them that much tougher to beat. This is a team that is 9-1 in their last 10 games. They shouldn't be underestimated.

NDSU is obviously an excellent football team, and they deserve a lot of respect. They're in the middle of an incredible streak, and they're really firing on all cylinders right now. But I think it's a big mistake to think the outcome of this game is at all certain.

Darlinikki150
December 19th, 2013, 02:35 AM
1 day, 16 hrs, 31 minutes til game time boys!!!

X-Factor
December 19th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Halfway through the regular season, it looked like UNH had maybe a 10% chance of making the playoffs. One more loss could have excluded them. It was a disappointing position to find them in, as this team really seemed to have the most consistent, sturdy defense of any UNH squad in the last ten years. They've always seemed to have one of the few best offenses in FCS, and their defense would find a way to surrender more points by the time the quarterfinals rolled around. The 2013 team finally showed some teeth on defense, and it seemed like we were stuck with a pretty mediocre offense.

With a tough second half schedule, it seemed like an inevitability that UNH would miss the playoffs. And week after week, in basically a win-or-go-home situation, UNH found a way to win. These weren't lucky wins, or wins as a result of their opponents beating themselves. Every one of their wins to close out the season was one that they legitimately earned. When UNH faced Maine in the final game of the season, Maine was undefeated against FCS opponents this season. UNH went into that game facing a team that was destined to receive a top-4 seed in the tournament and absolutely trounced them 24-3. 24-3!!! In the second half of the season, UNH has played better than their opponents on offense, better on defense, and better on special teams. They're balanced, and they have at least half a dozen legitimate playmaker players who are capable of changing the game all on their own. They're deep enough and consistent enough that they don't have to rely on "the big play," but it's still probably going to happen, making them that much tougher to beat. This is a team that is 9-1 in their last 10 games. They shouldn't be underestimated.

NDSU is obviously an excellent football team, and they deserve a lot of respect. They're in the middle of an incredible streak, and they're really firing on all cylinders right now. But I think it's a big mistake to think the outcome of this game is at all certain.

The key word you said was "middle".

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2013, 05:20 AM

well stated, and you got a gift from the Delaware defense with the 4th quarter collapse against Villanova, without that gift, Delaware probably makes the playoffs and UNH sits it out...... not that anyone is saying that Delaware was a good football team or deserved to be in the Playoffs but they did beat Towson, but that's the CAA......

Lehigh'98
December 19th, 2013, 05:35 AM
UNH's victory against Villanova was quite dramatic. Last second heroics, def collapse from VU and a nice call on 2 pt conversion to win game. That seemed to be the catalyst for turning their season around.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2013, 06:45 AM

Watching UNH games this week, they are playing good football right now but there is nothing in the UNH schemes that the Bison have not seen this year.

I like this match up for the Bison.

Gil Dobie
December 19th, 2013, 06:58 AM

The only things that are for certain are death and taxes.

Bisonator
December 19th, 2013, 08:27 AM
ESPN is changing its name to EZPN in honor of NDSU.

Did you say easy peein?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7nMNhKr_kc

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2013, 09:30 AM

Good post but I wouldn't say UNH's special teams is clicking right now after watching that SELA game. SELA does have probably the best kick returner in the FCS but NDSU has a guy by the name of Ryan Smith that can break a game wide open in the return game. The point I've tried to make all week is that UNH has more chinks in their armor than NDSU does. NDSU can afford to be -2 in turnovers and still gut out a win, UNH can't. NDSU can afford to kick FGs in half their red zone possessions and still win, UNH can't. There's always a chance on any given... um... Friday but UNH's margin for error is much smaller than NDSUs and that's a big advantage for the home team.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Man, this week is going by slow.....:(

Bisonator
December 19th, 2013, 11:46 AM

You got that right. And my productivity has hit an all time low! xsmhx

Darlinikki150
December 19th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Come on guys its only 1 day, 6 hrs and some change til kickoff!

centennial
December 19th, 2013, 12:23 PM
My prediction for the game- NDSU- 35 UNH -14

Bisonator
December 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM

And now?:D

deez_na
December 19th, 2013, 12:42 PM
My prediction for the game- NDSU- 35 UNH -14

I was just texting a buddy yesterday that i was predicting 35-13 bison.

Terrierforlife
December 19th, 2013, 12:56 PM

Defense seems to take the first quarter to get warmed up. Early opponent miscues have been helpful. After that it's been all Bison!

caribbeanhen
December 19th, 2013, 01:09 PM

Now here this. This is a drill this is a drill

Bisonator
December 19th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Defense seems to take the first quarter to get warmed up. Early opponent miscues have been helpful. After that it's been all Bison!

Not just the defense. It's been that way for a long time. I don't know if they just seem to feel out what the other team is going to do and then roll with it or what. You're right we are traditionally a slow starting team but I don't think that's really any different from past years.

Southern Bison
December 19th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Not just the defense. It's been that way for a long time. I don't know if they just seem to feel out what the other team is going to do and then roll with it or what. You're right we are traditionally a slow starting team but I don't think that's really any different from past years.

The coaching staff and players are so strong when it comes to making adjustments, I almost think a slow start is part of the plan. Let the opponent show their hand and then cut that hand off.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2013, 01:31 PM
I think a real good matchup to keep an eye on will be NDSU WLB Travis Beck against UNH QB Sean Goldrich. I'm guessing NDSU will spy Goldrich with Beck and both are very quick. Goldrich killed SELA with his legs and I'm sure NDSU is going to try to force him to the air and turn UNH's offense one-dimensional. Shutting down Goldrich's ground game will be key to that and Beck (or possibly Heagle) will probably be the guy leading the charge on the NDSU defense.

Bisonator
December 19th, 2013, 01:32 PM
The coaching staff and players are so strong when it comes to making adjustments, I almost think a slow start is part of the plan. Let the opponent show their hand and then cut that hand off.

Yep. xthumbsupx

TennBison
December 19th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I believe you are basically correct. I think NDSU starts the games with a basic vanilla defense and offense each game. Trying to see if they need to get deeper into the play book or not. Might as well try winning without showing much if you can, and so far the Bison have done it better than anyone.

hebmskebm
December 19th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I think this is going to be one of those games where NDSU is in control for most of the game, but the score isn't as lopsided as you'd think. 20-10 Bison.

bisonboone11
December 19th, 2013, 01:58 PM
Actually, NDSU's scoring defense has actually been pretty good in the 1st quarter this year. Here are NDSU's scoring breakdown by quarter prior to the CCU game (I stole this from NDSUBowler on bisonville):

I'm not sure how to make the image larger, but including the CCU game, NDSU has given up 20, 71, 51, and 6 points in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarters this year.

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2013, 02:35 PM
UNH just finished their walkthrough inside the Fargodome today. From Dom Izzo's twitter:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bb35zm5IIAEQy6e.jpg

Enjoy the peace and quiet while you have it boys.

UNH Fanboi
December 19th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I think a real good matchup to keep an eye on will be NDSU WLB Travis Beck against UNH QB Sean Goldrich. I'm guessing NDSU will spy Goldrich with Beck and both are very quick. Goldrich killed SELA with his legs and I'm sure NDSU is going to try to force him to the air and turn UNH's offense one-dimensional. Shutting down Goldrich's ground game will be key to that and Beck (or possibly Heagle) will probably be the guy leading the charge on the NDSU defense.

Goldrich has been really good lately about taking advantage of what he's given by defenses. His runs against SELA were all improvised based on the holes that opened up. One of the big keys to this game will definitely be how well Goldrich can adjust to the defense, take what he's given and not force things that aren't there. Hopefully he doesn't get too happy with his feet just because of last week's success.

Bisonator
December 19th, 2013, 03:13 PM

Are we there yet?

Professor Chaos
December 19th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Here's a little bit of nostalgia that'll kill 26 minutes or so while you wait for 7PM Friday to get here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnY2BE3_uCw

Let's get the Fargodome just as amped up tomorrow night! Particularly like it was at about the 12:04 and 20:40 marks.

Mattymc727
December 19th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Coach McDonnell: "Let's not talk about how we play, but show 19,000 people the way we play."

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Oh for cute.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Coach McDonnell: "Let's not talk about how we play, but show 19,000 people the way we play."

Good

Hope UNH brings their 'A' game tomorrow.

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2013, 05:24 PM

Thats the right attitude. Look for a great playoff game by both teams!

UNH Fanboi
December 19th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Good

Hope UNH brings their 'A' game tomorrow.

And I hope NDSU brings their 'Z' game xsmiley_wix

Bisonator
December 19th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Here's a little bit of nostalgia that'll kill 26 minutes or so while you wait for 7PM Friday to get here. Let's get the Fargodome just as amped up tomorrow night! Particularly like it was at about the 12:04 and 20:40 marks.

I don't know if I could take another nail biter. Sure is fun watching it back when you know the outcome is on your side though!xthumbsupx

Darlinikki150
December 19th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Are we there yet?

Sorry I was busy pimping out our bus, it is now 1 day and 49 min til kick off!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Here's a little bit of nostalgia that'll kill 26 minutes or so while you wait for 7PM Friday to get here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnY2BE3_uCw

Let's get the Fargodome just as amped up tomorrow night! Particularly like it was at about the 12:04 and 20:40 marks.

Awesome game last year. That roughing the punter call was BS on Champion.

Looking forward to a great atmosphere tomorrow.

Bison defense and offense are too good for UNH.

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2013, 06:56 PM

Should have been running into the kicker. 5 yards, re punt.

thebootfitter
December 19th, 2013, 07:25 PM
Goldrich has been really good lately about taking advantage of what he's given by defenses. His runs against SELA were all improvised based on the holes that opened up. One of the big keys to this game will definitely be how well Goldrich can adjust to the defense, take what he's given and not force things that aren't there. Hopefully he doesn't get too happy with his feet just because of last week's success.
The Bison defense isn't known for their generosity. Jus' sayin'. ;)

DJKyR0
December 19th, 2013, 07:51 PM
The Bison defense isn't known for their generosity. Jus' sayin'. ;)

Unless they're handing out punishment, in which case they're pretty much Santa Claus.

BisonFan02
December 19th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Unless they're handing out punishment, in which case they're pretty much Santa Claus.

#ChuckthePigskin

X-Factor
December 19th, 2013, 09:00 PM

And special teams. I'd give the Bison big advantages in all three facets

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
December 19th, 2013, 09:06 PM
Still have to play the game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Still have to play the game.

Yes, they do.

The Bison match up real well in this one.

Darlinikki150
December 19th, 2013, 10:55 PM
20 hours and 10 min til kick off!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Just arrived in town. I forgot how cold it is here!

Twentysix
December 20th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Just arrived in town. I forgot how cold it is here!

Its only -1.5F it's not even that cold.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Game day!!!!!!!

Little less than 13 hours to go!!

xnodx

deez_na
December 20th, 2013, 06:58 AM
GO BISON!!!!!! 12 hours boys

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Anticipation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JykJ7hcACMc

NHwildEcat
December 20th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Alright folks, it is game day. I hope UNH backs up my feelings/thoughts on them playing NDSU close tonight. UNH has nothing to lose so I hope they play loose. NDSU has everything to lose. Ultimately, I hope this is a great game for all of us to watch and one we can discuss for years to come!

60 minutes to Frisco...

Here is hoping for an all CAA title game!

deez_na
December 20th, 2013, 07:41 AM

watching that again just made my whole morning. Tonight can't come soon enough.

Professor Chaos
December 20th, 2013, 07:47 AM
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/6009/r8y2.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2013, 07:57 AM
watching that again just made my whole morning. Tonight can't come soon enough.

UNH is playing a team on a mission!!

Ya, that video is awesome!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Alright folks, it is game day. I hope UNH backs up my feelings/thoughts on them playing NDSU close tonight. UNH has nothing to lose so I hope they play loose. NDSU has everything to lose. Ultimately, I hope this is a great game for all of us to watch and one we can discuss for years to come!

60 minutes to Frisco...

Here is hoping for an all CAA title game!

Good luck to UNH.

This Bison team is very good.

December 20th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Less than 11 hours...

unh08fmd
December 20th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Longest day of work ever....

deez_na
December 20th, 2013, 08:43 AM
It's seriously only 8:45?

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2013, 08:59 AM
https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/1477765_10152135970689532_388863780_n.jpg

Bisonator
December 20th, 2013, 09:02 AM
10 hours to go!

Are we there yet?

Southern Bison
December 20th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Are we there yet?

To those of you in the Fargo area, a better question is WHY aren't y'all there yet?? :D

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2013, 09:14 AM
https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1525247_10152135058164532_1031046728_n.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2013, 09:21 AM
To those of you in the Fargo area, a better question is WHY aren't y'all there yet?? :D

I'm 70 miles from Fargo.

Ya, why the heck am I still here working?? xcrazyxxcrazyx

Bisonator
December 20th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Well the lots don't open until 1:30 so yeah. Plus there's this little thing called work I'm supposed to be doing. xlolx

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Still amazed that the Bison have only given up 6 points in the 4th this year.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Are we there yet? :D

Lehigh Football Nation
December 20th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Less than 12 hours away...

MTBison
December 20th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I am so excited for this game I can hardly contain myself.... is it 7:00 yet?

deez_na
December 20th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Seriously work couldn't be anymore slow today. Ahhhhhh

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2013, 10:16 AM
I drove in last night. I have nothing to do all day. Come on 7!

deez_na
December 20th, 2013, 10:24 AM
I drove in last night. I have nothing to do all day. Come on 7!

Better start your drinking early then. Working today sucks, and after the game i have to drive to the cities too

IBleedYellow
December 20th, 2013, 10:25 AM
TO THE TURF!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 20th, 2013, 10:34 AM
What if UNH.... won? :D

Wallace
December 20th, 2013, 10:37 AM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?150194-Gameday-and-Score-Thread-gt-NDSU-vs-UNH (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?150194-Gameday-and-Score-Thread-gt-NDSU-vs-UNH)

(warning, not a Lehigh or PL thread) (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?150194-Gameday-and-Score-Thread-gt-NDSU-vs-UNH)

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2013, 10:40 AM

Then they should be congratulated!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 20th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Then they should be congratulated!

A fair point.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2013, 11:04 AM

Tip my hat and say....congratulation.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2013, 11:07 AM
You'd find me dead of exposure after getting drunk and falling into a snowbank.

aces1180
December 20th, 2013, 11:09 AM

It will save me a lot of $$ I shouldn't be spending anyway! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You'd find me dead of exposure after getting drunk and falling into a snowbank.

You sure you didn't go to UN_?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 20th, 2013, 11:11 AM
It will save me a lot of $$ I shouldn't be spending anyway! ;)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

You sure you didn't go to UN_?

Dems fightin words!

Bisonator
December 20th, 2013, 11:15 AM

I would congratulate them and their fans and wish them the best of luck in Frisco!

Win or lose I will congratulate the Bison on a remarkable run and thank all of them for the last 4 years. It's been special!

But here's to hoping that last part happens in 2 weeks! :D

BisonFan02
December 20th, 2013, 11:15 AM
TO THE TURF!

See you there!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2013, 11:26 AM
7.5 hours

centennial
December 20th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Is it time yet?

NHwildEcat
December 20th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Still amazed that the Bison have only given up 6 points in the 4th this year.

We better score early then :)

UNHFootballAlum
December 20th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Good luck to UNH.

This Bison team is very good.

UNH is very good too..Good luck to the Bison. I thknk that it will be a close well played game

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Here's to a great game tonight.

http://blogdailyherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/3879-animated_gif-chuck_norris-dodgeball-thumbs_up.gif

Bisonoline
December 20th, 2013, 11:58 AM

Congratulate them and wish them the best in the Natty!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's to a great game tonight.

http://blogdailyherald.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/3879-animated_gif-chuck_norris-dodgeball-thumbs_up.gif

Im in!!!!

TennBison
December 20th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Love how so many fans of UNH mention how their team "has nothing to lose" as a motivation. How dumb is that statement, you have everything to lose as far as football goes. At this point, there is no greater goal than winning the national championship. Lose tonight and there goes that dream and all that you have worked for this whole year. If you lose tonight and make the claim that there is some sort of moral victory in it then you are part of the groups that preach being average. There is nothing wrong with being proud of you team and how they made it this far. If that statement were true, then no team that is still in the playoffs has anything to lose either, they are all in the same boat. Go take a pole and ask any player on any of these teams if they are ok with not winning the national championship and see how many say it does not matter.

NHwildEcat
December 20th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Love how so many fans of UNH mention how their team "has nothing to lose" as a motivation. How dumb is that statement, you have everything to lose as far as football goes. At this point, there is no greater goal than winning the national championship. Lose tonight and there goes that dream and all that you have worked for this whole year. If you lose tonight and make the claim that there is some sort of moral victory in it then you are part of the groups that preach being average. There is nothing wrong with being proud of you team and how they made it this far. If that statement were true, then no team that is still in the playoffs has anything to lose either, they are all in the same boat. Go take a pole and ask any player on any of these teams if they are ok with not winning the national championship and see how many say it does not matter.

Considering UNH started 1-3. I'll take what I get out of them. Win or lose they have had a great year. For NDSU, a loss tonight is just deflating.

You are right, at this point the last thing they want to do is go home short of the national title. But some perspective would shed light on what an achievement this year already has been.

Sader87
December 20th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Out of curiosity, how many tickets were allotted to UNH tonight? How many Furman and CCU fans (approximately) were at the first two playoff games this year?

December 20th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Considering their current streak, NDSU fans are going to be shocked when this team finally loses. The #1 team is never expected to lose. And this is precisely why tonight's game will be so devastating for the Bisons.

Bisonator
December 20th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Considering UNH started 1-3. I'll take what I get out of them. Win or lose they have had a great year. For NDSU, a loss tonight is just deflating.

You are right, at this point the last thing they want to do is go home short of the national title. But some perspective would shed light on what an achievement this year already has been.

Pretty sure any loss in the playoffs by anybody is deflating. I felt like you did going into the 2010 playoffs, just happy to be there, then you lose and it's a kick in the nuts!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Considering their current streak, NDSU fans are going to be shocked when this team finally loses. The #1 team is never expected to lose. And this is precisely why tonight's game will be so devastating for the Bisons.

Bison.....

Every team will lose but not this year for this Bison team. Next year will be a different story.

I'm sure UNH will battle but the Bison are a better team....offense-defense-special teams.

NHwildEcat
December 20th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Pretty sure any loss in the playoffs by anybody is deflating. I felt like you did going into the 2010 playoffs, just happy to be there, then you lose and it's a kick in the nuts!

If UNH is getting blown out such as has been reported on here then I will have no chance to feel deflated. However, if it is close--then yes, it would be a kick in the nuts; no doubt.

UNH72Plus
December 20th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Bison.....

Every team will lose but not this year for this Bison team. Next year will be a different story.

I'm sure UNH will battle but the Bison are a better team....offense-defense-special teams.

How many seniors are on your two deep? I noticed in the local paper today that there a 11 senior starters. Based on the scores I assume that the back-ups had ample playing time this year.

unh08fmd
December 20th, 2013, 12:43 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1895770-north-dakota-state-vs-new-hampshire-stars-to-watch-in-fcs-semifinal

UNH Fanboi
December 20th, 2013, 12:49 PM

Relax, it's a figure of speech. They obviously have something to lose. What people mean is that no one expects UNH to win, so that frees them up a little bit mentally.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2013, 12:55 PM
How many seniors are on your two deep? I noticed in the local paper today that there a 11 senior starters. Based on the scores I assume that the back-ups had ample playing time this year.

24 seniors on this team.

NDSU will be very good next year also but there will be a small drop off.

centennial
December 20th, 2013, 01:03 PM
24 seniors on this team.

NDSU will be very good next year also but there will be a small drop off.
There will be a drop off but it wouldn't surprise me if we win the valley and are a top 5 team. All depends on how good the new coaching and adjustments are, and if Wentz turns out to be a good leader.

Gil Dobie
December 20th, 2013, 01:10 PM
There will be a drop off but it wouldn't surprise me if we win the valley and are a top 5 team. All depends on how good the new coaching and adjustments are, and if Wentz turns out to be a good leader.

QB will be big, as I remember how Mertens was going to replace Walker a few years back.

Grizalltheway
December 20th, 2013, 01:16 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1895770-north-dakota-state-vs-new-hampshire-stars-to-watch-in-fcs-semifinal

Fargo, NH? Gotta love Bleacher Report. xlolx

Bisonator
December 20th, 2013, 01:21 PM
QB will be big, as I remember how Mertens was going to replace Walker a few years back.

Wentz has some big shoes to fill. Tough to replace the winningest QB ever in FCS! He certainly has the physical tools. Have to see how he does when the game is on the line.

Another big ? will be the defensive line. Have to replace 3/4 of the starters and some depth there.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Wentz has some big shoes to fill. Tough to replace the winningest QB ever in FCS! He certainly has the physical tools. Have to see how he does when the game is on the line.

Another big ? will be the defensive line. Have to replace 3/4 of the starters and some depth there.

DE will be fine, the hole will be in the DT positions.

Schatz is the only returning starter for next year. Couple of RFR but maybe they bring in a JUCO or two for the interior.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 20th, 2013, 01:31 PM
5 1/2 hours until game time......
xthumbsupx