PDA

View Full Version : UNH@NDSU Semi Finals

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Bisonoline
December 15th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Meh... I see it more as a giant bukaki session with lakesbison being the recipient.

I will leave that to experts like you.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 10:56 PM

I think they invented that in New Hampshire. In Dixville Notch.

Green1
No way. You were lucky to get this far. Your competition was super weak.

"Super weak"???!!!! Whatever. I'll have you know I was judged a better fan than BandwagonJoe, Tepidfan and BigBird1(that kid could never hold her liquor)!

R3TRO

What? lol

Bison56
December 15th, 2013, 10:57 PM
I know, I'm talking sum weak smack to my fav liberal buddy lol
Do you 2 liberals think its fair that chaos can yell louder than me and green1?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 11:03 PM

I, for one am appalled at the decibel inequality. Too much "yellth" concentration at the top.

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2013, 11:05 PM
This is such a bad thread drift.

Bison56
December 15th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Someday you will be a real Bison fan and will understand.

Green1
December 15th, 2013, 11:09 PM

At least it is something different than the usual smack talk.

Darlinikki150
December 15th, 2013, 11:20 PM

Its typical Conservative bull****. Take from the 99% yellers and give it to the 1% yellers. The 1% always gets the breaks, more priority points, better tailgate spots. I say enough is enough. We as 99% yellers need to stand up and fight for change!

Green1
December 15th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Someday you will be a real Bison fan and will understand.

You are right. A REAL fan would understand.

Bisonoline
December 15th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Its typical Conservative bull****. Take from the 99% yellers and give it to the 1% yellers. The 1% always gets the breaks, more priority points, better tailgate spots. I say enough is enough. We as 99% yellers need to stand up and fight for change!

Yep the 1% donates the money to the run the ship. While the other 99% jumps on the bandwagon for a free ride.

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Yep the 1% donates the money to the run the ship. While the other 99% jumps on the bandwagon for a free ride.

BOOM! :D

IBleedYellow
December 16th, 2013, 12:03 AM

So the guys that actually give money shouldn't be allowed to have some special places because THEY PAID FOR THEM and others can't?

Goodness, next thing you'll tell me that everyone should be given a Tailgating rig simply for being a Bison fan and possibly showing up for a game once a year.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2013, 06:37 AM
Oh yeah? I've put 3,000 miles on my car for my love of the Bison

will have another 2,200 before the season is over.

You are so arrogant for posting these facts about your fandom! It's like you can't even imagine another fan being as good as you!

I'll show you this Saturday! You have not seen anything like my fan skills. Being from southern North Dakota, I am blessed with southern speed. I do everything fast! Drink beer, cook brats, play bean bags- all at speeds you can only dream about! You will be singing a different tune Saturday!

Crap! I meant Friday.

Dear Professor Chaos

God you act like no one else in the world is a fan. I might be the under dog but that doesn't mean you have to be so disrespectful. I have a lot of positives too. Season tix holder for 10 years, been to Frisco, have a signed poster from the 92 football team, the entire team! Those things should count for something dammit!
Don't worry, I have no doubt that next year when I lose some senior hairs on my head and my fan strength and conditioning coach leaves that some of you might be able to compete with me but I'm just on a different level from everyone else this year.

xblehx :D xsmiley_wix :D

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2013, 06:50 AM
So this is how it's gonna be....talking small amungst each other..... UNH will not be intimidated coming up to vanilla pop cycle convention center ....appears smugness is at an all time high as well and that will ultimately be you're undoing

Twentysix
December 16th, 2013, 06:55 AM
UNH IS TEARING US APART!

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj33/darvocetz/th_Baby-Cry.gif

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Real fans are not concerned about other fans being real fans. Keep your eyes on the prize.xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2013, 07:11 AM
So this is how it's gonna be....talking small amungst each other..... UNH will not be intimidated coming up to vanilla pop cycle convention center ....appears smugness is at an all time high as well and that will ultimately be you're undoing

The Bison beat down UNH on Friday.

Bison are better on offense - defense and special teams.

NDSU/EWU in Frisco.

Mattymc727
December 16th, 2013, 07:33 AM
The Patriots were better than the Giants on offense, defense, and special teams back in 2007. The Patriots win that super bowl 99 times out of 100. But not that day....And it still makes me sick.

NDSUstudent
December 16th, 2013, 07:35 AM

So the sumugness of NDSU fans is going to be the undoing of the team?

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2013, 07:36 AM
The Patriots were better than the Giants on offense, defense, and special teams back in 2007. The Patriots win that super bowl 99 times out of 100. But not that day....And it still makes me sick.

NDSU doesn't have Randy Moss on the team, so there is no real bad Karma. ;)

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2013, 07:38 AM

There are not enough Prius drivers in North Dakota to have a level of smugness that will register on the smugness scale.

NDSUstudent
December 16th, 2013, 07:38 AM

Great moments...are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game, not tonight. Tonight, we run with them. Tonight, we stay with them...and we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest football team in the world. You were born to be football players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great football team the Bison have. Screw 'em. This is your time! Now go out there and take it! .

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2013, 07:45 AM
So the sumugness of NDSU fans is going to be the undoing of the team?

that's right, many of Iceon fans have proclaimed the team feeds off the fans

Green1
December 16th, 2013, 07:50 AM
that's right, many of Iceon fans have proclaimed the team feeds off the fans

Grasping at straws ?? Come on Hen, your better than this.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Why do you all have to be so mean!?!?!?!?!!?

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/77168/leave-britney-alone-o.gif

- - - Updated - - -

No he's not.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2013, 07:57 AM

He knows deep down the Bison are going to kick UNH's a** on Friday. East coast Kool-Aid drinker.xnodx

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Great moments...are born from great opportunity. And that's what you have here, tonight, boys. That's what you've earned here tonight. One game. If we played 'em ten times, they might win nine. But not this game, not tonight. Tonight, we run with them. Tonight, we stay with them...and we shut them down because we can! Tonight, WE are the greatest football team in the world. You were born to be football players. Every one of you. And you were meant to be here tonight. This is your time. Their time is done. It's over. I'm sick and tired of hearing about what a great football team the Bison have. Screw 'em. This is your time! Now go out there and take it!
If only the Bison still played at Dacota Field it could be another potential "Miracle on Ice" for UNH.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2013, 07:58 AM
I don't see how UNH doesn't get killed. IMO this isn't a close game. 38-7 at best.

right here is a perfect 10 on the ole smug o meter

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 08:02 AM
OH NO! The guy trolling the thread is call us all smug! Whatever will we do?

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2013, 08:03 AM
You should read through the NDSU vs GSU semifinal threads. You guys could learn alot from GSU.

and you should see how fast they disappeared when UNH went down to Statesboro and whipped dem Rebels..... you do remember right?

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Anybody coming to Fargo? of course not

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 08:13 AM
of course not

Only those who can't get tickets.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Several factors are converging together and conditions are right for a big upset on Friday night, Judging By almost all of your fans online personalities, only a few of you can see past the city limits of Fargo (profess to it Chaos) so the brewing storm is not visible or apparent to the polite and overconfident head buried in frack hole sand world revolves around us types. I hope none of you were smug enough to make those travel plans to Texas unless you want to see the ACC Championship game.

Darlinikki150
December 16th, 2013, 08:28 AM
of course not

Such a negative Nelly! Did the Bison hurt your feelings? Not call after what you thought was a great 1st date?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Several factors are converging together and conditions are right for a big upset on Friday night, Judging By almost all of your fans online personalities, only a few of you can see past the city limits of Fargo (profess to it Chaos) so the brewing storm is not visible or apparent to the polite and overconfident head buried in frack hole sand world revolves around us types. I hope none of you were smug enough to make those travel plans to Texas unless you want to see the ACC Championship game.

Got my hotel and tickets weeks ago.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Got my hotel and tickets weeks ago.

of course you did, smugness factored in to the forecast for Friday night.........

Your just lucky the CAA is down right now

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 08:38 AM
of course you did, smugness factored in to the forecast for Friday night.........

Your just lucky the CAA is down right now

I'm trying to figure out your angle here. You're obviously trolling this thread super hard. Is it because you dislike the Bison? I've seen you express support before. Is it a CAA thing? That's my guess but you don't seem to be going so hard at the Towson thread.

Sometimes the best team is just the best team. Get over it.

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Confidence not= Smug

Most fans still have the Indiana St and Youngstown results in the back of their mind. UNH is probably a pick 6 or 2 away from the Championship game. As long as the Bison are playing great, I will enjoy the ride. There many never be a ride like this again.

Winindy
December 16th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Should be a pretty decent game. UNH can play some defense. They are ranked 14th in scoring D. And they move the ball pretty well averaging about 32 a game. Should be the most balanced team that NDSU has faced in the playoffs. If NDSU keeps playing at the level they played at last week, no one will touch them. But if the offense plays like it did in the first half against Furman, UNH will have a chance. I'm not sure that I believe NDSU will do anything but get better though.

NDSU 28
UNH 13

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Should be a pretty decent game. UNH can play some defense. They are ranked 14th in scoring D. And they move the ball pretty well averaging about 32 a game. Should be the most balanced team that NDSU has faced in the playoffs. If NDSU keeps playing at the level they played at last week, no one will touch them. But if the offense plays like it did in the first half against Furman, UNH will have a chance. I'm not sure that I believe NDSU will do anything but get better though.

NDSU 28
UNH 13

That's just NDSU's MO. They grind the defense down so they are unable to stop anything in the 3rd and 4th quarter. No NDSU fan is ever worried when the score is tied or close at halftime.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I'm trying to figure out your angle here.

tell me when you got it figured out... really I think it comes down to giving you something to do as know one else came on here and played this role, now back to the game

You guys are coming off a real boring win over a not so good team - UNH will not be intimidated like the last team that was in and your players will see real quick that they will need to pick it up as this aint no Big South or Southern conf team...
Despite many of you saying that Bohl loved Fargo and would never leave especially for Wyoming - he flipped Fargo the Bird just like LeBron flipped the city of Cleveland the bird - Bohl should be a villain in Fargo, but not only is he not a villain - he still coaching the team - Distractions will take root and the Horns will slowly start to sprout from the sides of Mr Not so Cleans head.
You've never really played a CAA team (other than a very average JMU in 2011) in the playoffs - UNH will be coming in thinking they can win this game and they can

Some FCS teams made you work this year - UNH will make you work real hard and will scare the vanilla ice sceaming fans to death before it's over .... hold on

The MVFC is not as good as the CAA - In fact, If I had to compare the MFVC to a rock band, it would be Paul McCartney and Wings - and guess who gets to be Paul and who the Flip is Wings anyway?

UNH has made a living for knocking off FBS teams for years now, I think they will see North Dakota State as the next FBS victim, Yes FBS, that's really what North Dakota State has become somehow......

Now I have a reason to watch this game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 09:02 AM
tell me when you got it figured out... really I think it comes down to giving you something to do as know one else came on here and played this role, now back to the game

You guys are coming off a real boring win over a not so good team - UNH will not be intimidated like the last team that was in and your players will see real quick that they will need to pick it up as this aint no Big South or Southern conf team...
Despite many of you saying that Bohl loved Fargo and would never leave especially for Wyoming - he flipped Fargo the Bird just like LeBron flipped the city of Cleveland the bird - Bohl should be a villain in Fargo, but not only is he not a villain - he still coaching the team - Distractions will take root and the Horns will slowly start to sprout from the sides of Mr Not so Cleans head.
You've never really played a CAA team (other than a very average JMU in 2011) in the playoffs - UNH will be coming in thinking they can win this game and they can

Some FCS teams made you work this year - UNH will make you work real hard and will scare the vanilla ice sceaming fans to death before it's over .... hold on

The MVFC is not as good as the CAA - In fact, If I had to compare the MFVC to a rock band, it would be Paul McCartney and Wings - and guess who gets to be Paul and who the Flip is Wings anyway?

UNH has made a living for knocking off FBS teams for years now, I think they will see North Dakota State as the next FBS victim, Yes FBS, that's really what North Dakota State has become somehow......

****. I guess I should have guessed. It's just petty sniping because your team didn't make the playoffs.

Occam's Razor

Darlinikki150
December 16th, 2013, 09:09 AM

You might be right. UNH isn't coming to Fargo because they won lottery. They have played good teams and beat them, that isn't a fluke. However I think the group of seniors at NDSU are in the mindset that they will not be denied a 3peat. I tend to agree, teams overcome adversity all the time so why not NDSU? Just because Coach Bohl is moving on doesn't mean he doesn't wanna go out in style. I hope for a good game, but watching UNH against SELA, there are a lot questions in my mind if UNH can give us a good game. Either way, the playoffs are a special time and I hope to keep my reservations in Frisco and use my tix to cheer my team on. I don't see anything wrong with that my friend.

Thumper76
December 16th, 2013, 09:11 AM
We would also out drink you clowns any day. NH is the #1 beer state. Have some Canuck Piss Ale whydoncha!

THAT is a bold challenge.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2013, 09:14 AM

Bohl is not a villain in Fargo and I have a hard time seeing how he ever will be one. The sentiment from most fans was that he could leave but it would take a BCS level job, we were wrong. But after seeing what Wyoming had to offer him I don't blame him for leaving, in fact I'm glad he's willing to stay on and coach. If there was ever a game to be distracted it was against CCU. The Bison proved that, not only was it not a distraction, it appeared to actually make them play better. Now, the next head coach is known to everyone so it'll be even less of a distraction this week.

I'd expect nothing less from UNH then for them to expect to win. If they didn't have that belief and ability to back it up they wouldn't be in the national semis. UNH is a team that does a lot of things well but doesn't really do anything great. They have weaknesses just like any team and I think their weakness is against the pass and the power run game which NDSU does well at both. NDSU's only weakness this year so far IMO is that they've turned it over a decent amount of times. UNH is going to need to turn NDSU over to stay in this game. We'll see if they can do it but with the way NDSU has been playing over the last two months I don't see it.

WSBE
December 16th, 2013, 09:17 AM
It has been a long time since I've posted on AGS ...but had to reset my password to respond on this thread! I really hope the narrative changed a bit here because I only made it halfway through the 28 pages of posts.....BUT, unless I misread a lot of messages - I was shocked how arrogant & idiotic NDSU fans sound. No matter how good your team is & how confident your fan-base is, why do you sound like such dinks? It instantly turned me against a program I wanted to like!! I was looking forward to read some feedback & reviews, hear about the team , & get a feel for your fanbase (every school UNH travels to is welcoming & respectful - one of the best parts about this tourney). I had this perception of North Dakota as a good hard nosed solid values respectful model of a place where fans would act like the proud champions they are. Instead I'm embarrassed for you. I'm as big a UNH fan as they come & I would be the first to say it would be the biggest upset in program history, & certainly on the FCS season......but I am pumped to have a chance to play the best of the best. Can't wait even though its not likely to be close. I am blown away of what NDSU has done & talk about them as the class of FCS......but theres also a lot to like & respect about this UNH team. Hopefully thats the tone of what the masses will see on national television Friday night & the posters on this board are just message-board dorks like myself who are just a little geeked up about their teams dominance. Good luck to NDSU, I hope UNH can make it a decent game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 09:21 AM
It has been a long time since I've posted on AGS ...but had to reset my password to respond on this thread! I really hope the narrative changed a bit here because I only made it halfway through the 28 pages of posts.....BUT, unless I misread a lot of messages - I was shocked how arrogant & idiotic NDSU fans sound. No matter how good your team is & how confident your fan-base is, why do you sound like such dinks? It instantly turned me against a program I wanted to like!! I was looking forward to read some feedback & reviews, hear about the team , & get a feel for your fanbase (every school UNH travels to is welcoming & respectful - one of the best parts about this tourney). I had this perception of North Dakota as a good hard nosed solid values respectful model of a place where fans would act like the proud champions they are. Instead I'm embarrassed for you. I'm as big a UNH fan as they come & I would be the first to say it would be the biggest upset in program history, & certainly on the FCS season......but I am pumped to have a chance to play the best of the best. Can't wait even though its not likely to be close. I am blown away of what NDSU has done & talk about them as the class of FCS......but theres also a lot to like & respect about this UNH team. Hopefully thats the tone of what the masses will see on national television Friday night & the posters on this board are just message-board dorks like myself who are just a little geeked up about their teams dominance. Good luck to NDSU, I hope UNH can make it a decent game.

Thank you for your contribution.

- - - Updated - - -

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3dugmD2dZ1qbnxbno1_400.gif

Darlinikki150
December 16th, 2013, 09:25 AM

If NDSU loses, you will see the posters on here give nothing but accolades to UNH. We aren't a bad group of fans, we are just cocky. We have nothing but love for opposing team fans, they will be treated like kings if they come up and tailgate. We just happen to talk a lot of smack, don't take it personally. Its mostly just bluster to get thru the anxiety until game time!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2013, 09:31 AM

You have no clue...Bohl is not a villain....LMFAO.

We'll finally get to see the UNH juggernaut on Friday......Bison still win 38-10.

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2013, 09:42 AM

If Bohl is a villan for taking the Wyoming job than anyone who has ever taken a different job to better themselves is a villan and that pretty much encompasses the entire board membership. If you aren't trying to better yourself you are either an idiot, have no motivation or are dead. If you are alive you are trying to better yourself, personally, financially and professionally. If you say otherwise you are an idiot or a liar. As to the latter part of the bolded comment every game each team has an opportunity to win that's a given. But with that opportunity you have to prove you have the ability/talent to win. so far that hasn't worked out so well for teams coming into Fargo or against us in Frisco. Pardon the confidence the Bison faithful have in our team but it's not like we haven't heard that old song and dance about "you haven't seen a team like this" before. Bison football players, coaches and fans all say BRING IT. Prove it but until then it's just talk!

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Oh and to add to my comment let me just say that if any team beats this Bison Squad I'll tip my cap to them and be the first to say Congratulations.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2013, 09:44 AM
You have no clue...Bohl is not a villain....LMFAO

that's the point Lamehead.... man, you been missing the point since yesterday. Don't worry Bison fans, I wont judge you by this one.....

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2013, 09:50 AM
until then it's just talk!

all that and finally you get it in the last sentence Pinocchio, Man these AGS Bizzun thread Puppet shows are fatiguing, Act II tomorrow . LOL

Thundar
December 16th, 2013, 09:52 AM

why don't you come to the game and see you basing your judgment of NDSU and it's fan base on 10 message board posters is totally wrong.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 09:58 AM
why don't you come to the game and see you basing your judgment of NDSU and it's fan base on 10 message board posters is totally wrong.

Yep. we don't think all UD fans are assholes from caribbeanhen.

Winindy
December 16th, 2013, 10:00 AM

This.

If you get 19,000 people at a game 18,900 of them are pretty decent folks. Social media is a different story.

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2013, 10:03 AM
all that and finally you get it in the last sentence Pinocchio, Man these AGS Bizzun thread Puppet shows are fatiguing, Act II tomorrow . LOL

All these "you've never seen a team like this" Bozo's act never ends.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 10:03 AM
This.

If you get 19,000 people at a game 18,900 of them are pretty decent folks. Social media is a different story.

Also, Stop being so butthurt over **** you see on a message board. Honestly. Do you get mad when people walk when it says "don't walk"?

Wallace
December 16th, 2013, 10:04 AM

and I am being gentle with the language and grammar check...

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2013, 10:14 AM

If you make it to the game which I hope UNH sells out their entire allotment you would find the welcome here to visitors second to none. I was more replying to the Coach Bohl is a villan than anything else. As to everyone making the "you've never seen a team like this" comment gets as old as the comments that you are responding to. Every Bison fan or at least most would much rather talk football but these message boards have turned into a pissing match over some of the stupidest things I can imagine. I read on the Griz board they are hanging their hat on Wash Griz is a louder stadium than the FargoDome. Others talk about speed and having more of it. I'd much rather talk about what you feel are your teams strengths and weaknesses or who are your star players to watch or who might be missing and what impact will that have on the game. But instead fans of other teams come on here and some fans of NDSU also come on and talk smack. I guess it is what it is but to say you dislike an entire team or fanbase based off a message board and a minority of fans from that team is just foolish. You have the right to feel anyway you want but man if a message board and a very miniscule part of any schools fanbase sets you off to the point of posting when you haven't been active for years gets your undies in a bunch maybe you shouldn't be reading the boards. Besides I've seen this behavior from many fans of different schools (usually moreso on their boards than here) but if you have been reading as you say you have you can't be surprised this is what it is. Lots of great posters here and there could be lots of info on the players and teams if you want to make it that.

Who should we be watching for on UNH's offense and defense?

Bison56
December 16th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Wow some people take this message board way to serious. I think UNH is the most well rounded team the Bison have faced in the playoffs this year. And if they happen to come in and beat the Bison congrats to them. Many may be sick of some of the Bison fans and maybe some of the Bison fans are sick of hearing how "great the CAA is" or "you havent seen a team like this." So as you see it is a 2 way street and you are trying to make it a one-way. To me this board is entertainment and information nothing more the games are decided on the field. Good luck to both teams and to any UNH fans making the trip I wish you safe travels and hope you enjoy your time in Fargo.

Thundar
December 16th, 2013, 10:19 AM
This.

im pretty sure the GSU guys that came last year can attest to this

i believe one group even had their bar tab covered by a group of NDSU fans

Winindy
December 16th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Also, Stop being so butthurt over **** you see on a message board. Honestly. Do you get mad when people walk when it says "don't walk"?

Not sure where you see me getting "butt hurt." My point is,

Don't pay attention to this kid: 18694 He's irrelevant, just loud.

Pay attention to this kid: 18695 He's big and mean.

And Respect this kid: 18696 He can have his day on occasion

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Not sure where you see me getting "butt hurt." My point is,

Don't pay attention to this kid: 18694 He's irrelevant, just loud.

Pay attention to this kid: 18695 He's big and mean.

And Respect this kid: 18696 He can have his day on occasion

I'm just always puzzled as to why everybody takes **** so personally.

I think my team is better than everyone else. Big ****ing deal.

344Johnson
December 16th, 2013, 10:28 AM
I have season tickets. I live in Arkansas and have rented a place in Fargo for the last two Football seasons. Before that I traveled 1000 miles one way to games. Next xcoffeex

Weak. A real fan wouldn't be able to handle being more than 500 miles from Fargo. I'm such a big fan, NDSU football intentionally played playoff games on the road til I was a freshman in college because they wanted me to be a student for the first Fargodome playoff game.

Wrong. Giants were a perfect matchup for the Pats broseph. Pats win that Super Bowl about 65 times out of hundred. Most fun I've had watching a non-Steeler super bowl.... :D

Southern Bison
December 16th, 2013, 11:01 AM

WSBE, welcome back.

There are only a couple of Bison posters that are socially inept morons whose self-worth is wrapped up in internet smack. Most of the NDSU posters understand that UNH has reached the semifinals through a tenacious "never say die" attitude and playing well enough to win the games they needed to reach the playoffs. Congratulations on a 10-year streak of making the playoffs. That's a strong feat in itself.

To be frank, it will be a tall order for the Wildcats on Friday...but it's not impossible as the website name suggests. NDSU is simply riding a culmination of sound coaching, player maturity & leadership, along with a drive to accomplish what only 1 other program has. Despite last weekend's shocking news about Bohl, the team came together and did what they do best, win convincingly.

If you do get to make it out to Fargo for the game or any game in the future, wear your UNH gear proudly and you find a very welcoming fan base.

Twentysix
December 16th, 2013, 11:07 AM
WSBE, welcome back.

There are only a couple of Bison posters that are socially inept morons whose self-worth is wrapped up in internet smack. Most of the NDSU posters understand that UNH has reached the semifinals through a tenacious "never say die" attitude and playing well enough to win the games they needed to reach the playoffs. Congratulations on a 10-year streak of making the playoffs. That's a strong feat in itself.

To be frank, it will be a tall order for the Wildcats on Friday...but it's not impossible as the website name suggests. NDSU is simply riding a culmination of sound coaching, player maturity & leadership, along with a drive to accomplish what only 1 other program has. Despite last weekend's shocking news about Bohl, the team came together and did what they do best, win convincingly.

If you do get to make it out to Fargo for the game or any game in the future, wear your UNH gear proudly and you find a very welcoming fan base.

Just like the goonies. http://www.businessoflosingweight.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/goonies-never-say-die.jpg

Lol everyone knows that the semi's ideally only represents quality teams, doesn't mean UNH shouldn't be entertaining with smack until at least wednesday. This is the land of Unicorns and space Alligators.

UNH needs a heavy infusion of eagles to make this thread interesting for the next few days.

Twentysix
December 16th, 2013, 11:10 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TzYI7lkc808/T5cEdFN7a4I/AAAAAAAACJQ/-y-FWAFIjLg/s1600/Some%20Men%20Just%20Want%20to%20Watch%20the%20Worl d%20Burn.jpg

UNHWildcat18
December 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Just a random tid bit but for future years just an FWI this UNH team is very YOUNG, besides a running back, two offensive lineman two defensive lineman, two wide receivers, and 3 defensive backs( I think only 2 start) this team is all jr or under. and for most of these positions we already have young guys who IMHO are ready to fill in and be better then their predecessors. UNH is going to be very dangerous next year again.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I'm thinking this game plays out similar to the Furman game. Close for a half then the Bison pull away, 38-17.

GO BISON!!!

semobison
December 16th, 2013, 12:20 PM
I'm just always puzzled as to why everybody takes **** so personally.

I think my team is better than everyone else. Big ****ing deal.

And you say it 30 times a day, 7 days a week, etc... it must get you aroused for when your wife gets home from work.. I see no other reason for for this chronic condition that afflicts you. Hello...everybody in the FCS landscape knows were good...

Twentysix
December 16th, 2013, 12:27 PM
And you say it 30 times a day, 7 days a week, etc... it must get you aroused for when your wife gets home from work.. I see no other reason for for this chronic condition that afflicts you. Hello...everybody in the FCS landscape knows were good...

I rate this 3/4 erect.

Old Cat Fan
December 16th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I'm thinking this game plays out similar to the Furman game. Close for a half then the Bison pull away, 38-17.

GO BISON!!!

This is how I see also(although I hope I am wrong) but the fact that NH had to play what was basically a playoff game with Maine the last game of the season, than a first round game, than another game in Maine Travel Sat. night to SELU than have their flight delayed only to come home to a foot of snow on the ground which i assume results in practice sessions end inside, than to fly back out to ND probally thursday,gives them a very short and weary week, which will catch up with them by the second half

Lehigh'98
December 16th, 2013, 12:58 PM

I'm fairly certain he is pleasuring himself to one of the 2012 Bison playoff games as we speak.

Mattymc727
December 16th, 2013, 01:02 PM
There were no classes at UNH this week as the semester is over. So even though its a short week, they have all the time in the world to rest, practice, or prep for Friday. More time than in a normal week even.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 01:03 PM
I'm fairly certain he is pleasuring himself to one of the 2012 Bison playoff games as we speak.

You Lehigh guys are sure a bitter bunch, aren't ya?

Lehigh'98
December 16th, 2013, 01:08 PM
You Lehigh guys are sure a bitter bunch, aren't ya?

Man, for dishing out as much as u do, u sure don't take it back very well. Just messin with ya.

Pards Rule
December 16th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I think they invented that in New Hampshire. In Dixville Notch.

Actually, Hart's Location! That's number 1!

centennial
December 16th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Just a random tid bit but for future years just an FWI this UNH team is very YOUNG, besides a running back, two offensive lineman two defensive lineman, two wide receivers, and 3 defensive backs( I think only 2 start) this team is all jr or under. and for most of these positions we already have young guys who IMHO are ready to fill in and be better then their predecessors. UNH is going to be very dangerous next year again.
What O and D is your team running? Tell us who we should look out for? Weaknesses?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Man, for dishing out as much as u do, u sure don't take it back very well. Just messin with ya.

Just making an observation. For a grown man, YOU shouldn't speak like a 15 year old texter.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, Hart's Location! That's number 1!

that doesn't sound nearly as funny.

Pards Rule
December 16th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Just making an observation. For a grown man, YOU shouldn't speak like a 15 year old texter.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree - but there's the scoop: New Hampshire law allows towns with fewer than 100 residents to open the polls at midnight and close them as soon as all registered voters have cast their ballots.[10] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart's_Location,_New_Hampshire#cite_note-2008primary-10) Hart's Location is, along with Dixville Notch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dixville_Notch,_New_Hampshire), one of two New Hampshire communities where the first votes are cast in the Democratic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Democratic_Party) and Republican (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Republican_Party) New Hampshire primaries, the first presidential primaries (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._presidential_primary) in the United States (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States) during each presidential election year. The Hart's Location midnight voting tradition, which began in 1948, actually predates the more widely known Dixville Notch practice; however, Dixville Notch generally receives greater publicity because Hart's Location discontinued the practice in 1964,[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart's_Location,_New_Hampshire#cite_note-Schworm-1) only to reinstate it in 1996.
The community's voting tradition received a nod in the 2002 third season episode of US television program The West Wing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_West_Wing), in an episode entitled "Hartsfield's Landing (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hartsfield%27s_Landing)", named after a town clearly modeled on either Hart's Location, or its companion, Dixville Notch.[

Lehigh'98
December 16th, 2013, 01:21 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you kind sir for the advice!!

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I'm fairly certain he is pleasuring himself to one of the 2012 Bison playoff games as we speak. xlolxxnodx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 01:33 PM
xlolxxnodx

You going to turn on me too?

Mattymc727
December 16th, 2013, 01:34 PM
An NDSU fan mentioned on our board that alcohol isnt allowed on the NDSU campus.... is that true? What kind of hell hole is that?

Bisonoline
December 16th, 2013, 01:35 PM

No he really isnt.

BisonFan02
December 16th, 2013, 01:37 PM
An NDSU fan mentioned on our board that alcohol isnt allowed on the NDSU campus.... is that true? What kind of hell hole is that?

"Dry" campus. West parking lots of dome allow alcohol for tailgating if that is your beverage of choice.

centennial
December 16th, 2013, 01:38 PM
You can drink all you want at tailgating. No one will stop you. Yes, the campus is technically alcohol free. That does not stop the kids, they are given 1-2 warnings before any action is taken.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 01:42 PM
We carried cups of beer all the way from the West lot to the T lot earlier this year. It's the least dry campus I've ever seen.

Mattymc727
December 16th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Usually the dry campuses are for those small private/religious schools. I have never heard of a state school with a dry campus, strict or not. is there a reason for this?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Usually the dry campuses are for those small private/religious schools. I have never heard of a state school with a dry campus, strict or not. is there a reason for this?

old carryover from the days when the stores were closed on Sundays

Pards Rule
December 16th, 2013, 02:12 PM
You can drink all you want at tailgating. No one will stop you. Yes, the campus is technically alcohol free. That does not stop the kids, they are given 1-2 warnings before any action is taken.

But it has to be in red cups - no beer cans. Fargo Police and NDSU troopers were circulating and advising when I was there in Sept 2011.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 02:23 PM
But it has to be in red cups - no beer cans. Fargo Police and NDSU troopers were circulating and advising when I was there in Sept 2011.

My advice....a covered plastic mug. Better to hold with gloves on and keeps your beer "warm"

AmsterBison
December 16th, 2013, 02:33 PM
There were no classes at UNH this week as the semester is over. So even though its a short week, they have all the time in the world to rest, practice, or prep for Friday. More time than in a normal week even.

NDSU has finals this week.

TILIS-BisonFan
December 16th, 2013, 02:34 PM
This is how I see also(although I hope I am wrong) but the fact that NH had to play what was basically a playoff game with Maine the last game of the season, than a first round game, than another game in Maine Travel Sat. night to SELU than have their flight delayed only to come home to a foot of snow on the ground which i assume results in practice sessions end inside, than to fly back out to ND probally thursday,gives them a very short and weary week, which will catch up with them by the second half

With all due respect this is how every NDSU game has gone all year. They average less than one half of one point per game in the fourth quarter. The biggest reason for that is opposing lines are not as strong or as fast even if they are similar in weight. Kansas State had the same thing happen to them. Guys caribbean hen is doing his best GSU impression this week which means he will be rational or gone next week.

In my opinion the MVFC games NDSU have played this year have been much more physical and competitive than any playoff NDSU has had this year

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 02:39 PM
With all due respect this is how every NDSU game has gone all year. They average less than one half of one point per game in the fourth quarter. The biggest reason for that is opposing lines are not as strong or as fast even if they are similar in weight. Kansas State had the same thing happen to them. Guys caribbean hen is doing his best GSU impression this week which means he will be rational or gone next week.

In my opinion the MVFC games NDSU have played this year have been much more physical and competitive than any playoff NDSU has had this year

somehow I had a feeling that CC wasn't going to score despite being so close in the 4th. The Dudzik pick was almost destined to happen.

Pards Rule
December 16th, 2013, 02:39 PM
My advice....a covered plastic mug. Better to hold with gloves on and keeps your beer "warm"

Thanks - that Sept day was fairly warm so it wasn't an issue!!

Pards Rule
December 16th, 2013, 02:41 PM
NDSU has finals this week.

Ugh! That brings back bad memories!! I recall Dec 1981 having a very bad head cold with exams. That's when I discovered Comtrex! What a Godsend!

WSBE
December 16th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Thanks for the invites to Fargo. yeah I figured some cocky fans & thats not actually a bad thing when kept in perspective. Believe me, we wish their was a stronger UNH following so maybe we could influence some upgraded facilities. Anyway, I will not be able to make it to Fargo (young kids & family responsibilities)......but I will certainly be watching it with a group on my big screen! Someday I will get out to a game ....& someday I will get out there for some ice-fishing as well.......we don't have much for Walleye & Pike fishing in New Hampshire. Maybe I'll get out there for both! Can't wait for this game.....any time you get to play the top ranked team, it is thrilling & there's nothing to lose. It does kinda suck though when its over at the half. I'm most interested to see how UNH does in the trenches. I think our Offensive line has kept games competitive against the better teams like Villanova, Maine, SELU, Central Michigan, etc. On the Defensive side of the ball....the line was supposed to be our weakness this year but has been solid. NDSU has proven they are in a different class so thats the biggest challenge to me.

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2013, 03:23 PM
You going to turn on me too?

I give credit where credit is due xnodx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Bison will win this by playing tough-ass defense and power running on offense with play-action pass. UNH has had trouble with Towson's power running game and I don't see them stopping the Bison of Friday.

Sticking with my 38-10 prediction.

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2013, 07:08 PM

So you think UNH is going to make a FG? I dont

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 07:29 PM

anyone can make a 20 yarder. They will learn from the tape not to go for it on 4th and short against the Bison D.

UNHFootballAlum
December 16th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Bison will win this by playing tough-ass defense and power running on offense with play-action pass. UNH has had trouble with Towson's power running game and I don't see them stopping the Bison of Friday.

UNH's Defensive and DL are much better at the point of attack than they were against Townson this year and last. You will not find the same success as they did running the ball

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 08:18 PM
UNH's Defensive and DL are much better at the point of attack than they were against Townson this year and last. You will not find the same success as they did running the ball

Maybe not early but NDSU's OL just beats the ever loving crap out of opposing DLs and the 3 and 4 ypc turn into 8 and 10 in the last 25 minutes of the game.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2013, 08:26 PM

Ok.

Bison56
December 16th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Nice.

Darlinikki150
December 16th, 2013, 09:03 PM
I think between Ojuri and Crockett we will get yards. Usually one of them finds success against any D. And don't count out Jensen breaking some runs, he is an agile qb.

Bison56
December 16th, 2013, 09:08 PM
After watching them attempt FG's saturday I agree.

NDSUSR
December 16th, 2013, 09:08 PM

Just click the little "X" in the upper right corner and all your problems are solved.

Darlinikki150
December 16th, 2013, 09:13 PM
After watching them attempt FG's saturday I agree.

Agreed. The special teams play look pretty brutal but perhaps inside the FD they will have more luck.

Bison56
December 16th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Agreed. The special teams play look pretty brutal but perhaps inside the FD they will have more luck.
I hope not :D

Darlinikki150
December 16th, 2013, 09:18 PM
I hope not :D

I'm trying to be nice since we are apparently an embarrassment to the Bison as fans.

NDSUFREAK
December 16th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Haven't posted in a LONG ass time but this thread....wow. xlolx

NDSUSR
December 16th, 2013, 09:32 PM
I will just drop this off in here.

12/20 8:00 PM
143 New Hampshire (http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/new-hampshire)
144 North Dakota State (http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/north-dakota-state)

49u-10
-20 -10 (http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/[email protected]/date/12-20-13/time/2000#BT)

49u-10
-20 -10 (http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/[email protected]/date/12-20-13/time/2000#BT)

12/21 2:00 PM
145 Towson (http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/towson)
146 Eastern Washington (http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/eastern-washington)

67u-10
-3 -10 (http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/[email protected]/date/12-21-13/time/1400#BT)

67u-10
-3 -10 (http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/line-movement/[email protected]/date/12-21-13/time/1400#BT)

Southern Bison
December 16th, 2013, 10:35 PM
The spreads & O/U look as I expected. I'd take Bison & Towson with the points.

NDSUSR
December 16th, 2013, 10:45 PM
The spreads & O/U look as I expected. I'd take Bison & Towson with the points.

Whats your analysis of this?

http://i365.photobucket.com/albums/oo98/shonuff/1524990_724832987527986_362046537_n_zps5339fe1e.jp g

Southern Bison
December 16th, 2013, 10:59 PM
A well-trained dog that isn't attention starved like the hoochie in the foreground. You have a Warshak test for me next? xcoffeex

Ginsbach
December 16th, 2013, 11:11 PM
A well-trained dog that isn't attention starved like the hoochie in the foreground. You have a Warshak test for me next? xcoffeex

Do you mean a Rorschach test?

NDSUSR
December 16th, 2013, 11:18 PM

Good answer, here is your test.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2013, 06:25 AM

'Will not find the same success'......Does this mean UNH is going to hold the Bison running attack to under 50 yards? 100 yards?

To try and slow up the Bison running game, teams have stacked the box and Jensen has burned them all year. He is a very good running QB also. It will be interesting to see if UNH keeps running the 4-2-5 defensive scheme against the Bison. IMO, the Bison wear down the UNH defense and pull away in the 2nd half.

This will be the best defense UNH has faced all year. Where can UNH take advantage of the Bison defense?

Mattymc727
December 17th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I agree that the UNH defense has improved dramatically since we played at Towson in early October. I wouldnt take that game into consideration. However saying that NDSU wont be able to run the ball on UNH is also nonsense. If that were actually to come true, then yes, UNH does have a good shot. The 4-2-5 defense might hurt UNH in that regard too. UNH may have to load the box if the dline doesnt get the job done, which opens up the passing game. The defense will have to play their best football again, which luckily we have seen improvement every week so far. Also, UNH must be able to pressure Jensen too. 43 sacks led the CAA this year, that must continue Friday. If we can force him to make stupid mistakes like he did last year, there is another opportunity.

As for the offense. Goldrich is going to try and do all he can to get the ball into #15's hands (RJ Harris). If hes not open, Goldrich most likely runs. TE Harold Spears is also a nice target, and so is sure handed Justin Mello. The sweep and screen game for UNH is also a big factor. The Bison will have to shut down the run game, cover Harris, and keep Goldrich from running. If they do that, which I dont doubt they can, I dont see how UNH scores much on offense.

Winindy
December 17th, 2013, 09:32 AM
I agree that the UNH defense has improved dramatically since we played at Towson in early October. I wouldnt take that game into consideration. However saying that NDSU wont be able to run the ball on UNH is also nonsense. If that were actually to come true, then yes, UNH does have a good shot. The 4-2-5 defense might hurt UNH in that regard too. UNH may have to load the box if the dline doesnt get the job done, which opens up the passing game. The defense will have to play their best football again, which luckily we have seen improvement every week so far. Also, UNH must be able to pressure Jensen too. 43 sacks led the CAA this year, that must continue Friday. If we can force him to make stupid mistakes like he did last year, there is another opportunity.

As for the offense. Goldrich is going to try and do all he can to get the ball into #15's hands (RJ Harris). If hes not open, Goldrich most likely runs. TE Harold Spears is also a nice target, and so is sure handed Justin Mello. The sweep and screen game for UNH is also a big factor. The Bison will have to shut down the run game, cover Harris, and keep Goldrich from running. If they do that, which I dont doubt they can, I dont see how UNH scores much on offense.

Nice post.

I really liked how UNH looked on D for the SELa game. They seem like they are in the right spot most of the time. It looked like they played pretty decent gap control, and the safeties were where they needed to be in run support or in pass help. It looked like almost every time someone caught a ball, there were two guys closing. It should be a good test for NDSU. But NDSU really likes to run against a 4 lineman front. Any team that has had success stopping them on the run in the first half has gotten ground down in the second. You can almost see it when it happens. It's happened in every game this year. Until someone stops them, you have to believe it will happen again.

On offense, I was impressed by how UNH's QB ran with the ball. He was very elusive and had a nice lean at the goal line. He threw the ball well. I think he had almost 300 yard in the air with a pick. Steriti looked good running the ball. They converted on 3rd down well. Overall, I thought they looked tough on O. NDSU plays the best gap defense in the country, and they play well from sideline to sideline. It'll be interesting to see how NDSU tries to shut down Goldrich. I'm guessing they will shadow him with Littlejohn on passing downs, and I think they'll do just fine. Littlejohn closes really well. I wasn't very impressed by kick coverage from UNH, but it was a strength of SELa. NDSU is also pretty good on kick return. Both punters are capable.

It could be interesting. I think this should be a good match up. NDSU has the capability to make it a runaway with anyone though. Can't wait for Friday and Saturday.

jmrepak
December 17th, 2013, 09:47 AM
This thread is just a redo by the Bison fans of last weeks Coastal thread.

Unfortunately for UNH, they were right then too. NDSU by a lot.

deez_na
December 17th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I was planning on buying a couple Frisco tickets. Anyone think i should wait before doing so? If we dont' make it i feel like they would be tough to sell since no fans travel like NDSU fans.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM
I was planning on buying a couple Frisco tickets. Anyone think i should wait before doing so? If we dont' make it i feel like they would be tough to sell since no fans travel like NDSU fans.

You don't have them yet? Probably SRO or turnbacks from the other team unless you can get them from someone.

Got mine already.

deez_na
December 17th, 2013, 09:57 AM
You don't have them yet? Probably SRO or turnbacks from the other team unless you can get them from someone.

Got mine already.

I didn't get them and wasn't sure if i was making it this year but now i am planning on it. FOund some on stub hub but spendy. I just don't wanna get stuck with them if we were to lose. I'm only getting 2 or need 2 but haven't decided if i should wait til friday or not.

NHwildEcat
December 17th, 2013, 10:01 AM
I didn't get them and wasn't sure if i was making it this year but now i am planning on it. FOund some on stub hub but spendy. I just don't wanna get stuck with them if we were to lose. I'm only getting 2 or need 2 but haven't decided if i should wait til friday or not.

At this point, if you have to get them on Stub Hub you may as well wait till the weekend, right? What's the difference at this point.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 10:06 AM
At this point, if you have to get them on Stub Hub you may as well wait till the weekend, right? What's the difference at this point.

as has ALWAYS been the case, Stub Hub has been for those will more money than sense. I have never paid more for a ticket than face value because there are plenty out there. You could pick up a cheap ticket in the tailgate area. I had them offered to me last year.

deez_na
December 17th, 2013, 10:09 AM

True, just figure some people might wait like me and snatch the cheaper ones after the game.

deez_na
December 17th, 2013, 10:32 AM
as has ALWAYS been the case, Stub Hub has been for those will more money than sense. I have never paid more for a ticket than face value because there are plenty out there. You could pick up a cheap ticket in the tailgate area. I had them offered to me last year.

I thought about doing that too. Don't think that would be risky at all though?

unh08fmd
December 17th, 2013, 10:48 AM
The only team in The MVC other than the Bison that can compete with UNH is UNI. The Bison only beat them by a point and it took a late 4th quarter comeback. Why is everyone so scared of the big bad Bison??? They are and should be favorites (especially at home in the FargoDome) but this team isn't ubeatable and shouldn't be treated as such. Go Cats!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I thought about doing that too. Don't think that would be risky at all though?

Not in the least. I got my tickets from a Bviller last year and still had opportunities in the parking lot. If nothing else, stay very patient and the stubhubbers and flash seaters will start to go down a ton as the game approaches.

- - - Updated - - -

The only team in The MVC other than the Bison that can compete with UNH is UNI. The Bison only beat them by a point and it took a late 4th quarter comeback. Why is everyone so scared of the big bad Bison??? They are and should be favorites (especially at home in the FargoDome) but this team isn't ubeatable and shouldn't be treated as such. Go Cats!

I hope you stick around for the next 4 days.

unh08fmd
December 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM
I will try but I'm not here to bow down and kiss the rings. The MVC is not that great except for 2 teams and they are both really good. What did I say that was incorrect?? No other team in the MVC besides UNI can compete with UNH (fact). NDSU beat UNI by 1 point (fact). They trailed the whole game until a late 4th quarter comeback (fact). NDSU is really good but beatable (fact).

Bisonator
December 17th, 2013, 11:05 AM
I will try but I'm not here to bow down and kiss the rings. The MVC is not that great except for 2 teams and they are both really good. What did I say that was incorrect?? No other team in the MVC besides UNI can compete with UNH (fact). NDSU beat UNI by 1 point (fact). They trailed the whole game until a late 4th quarter comeback (fact). NDSU is really good but beatable (fact).

How many MVFC teams did UNH play? How do you know this as fact??xcoffeex

unh08fmd
December 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM
None, but I have eyes and watch games. UNI is the only other defense besides NDSU that can compete with UNH's offense.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2013, 11:11 AM
SDSU beat SELU 34-26 and UNH beat SELU 20-17, that's a close to common opponents that I can find so far, and you know the power of transitive properties isn't all that accurate.

bisonboone11
December 17th, 2013, 11:13 AM
UNH has no chance of staying within 40 points of NDSU (fact).

Note: I don't actually believe that statement, but it as much of a "fact" as your "fact" that UNI is the only other team in the MVC that can compete with UNH.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 11:14 AM
None, but I have eyes and watch games. UNI is the only other defense besides NDSU that can compete with UNH's offense.

Well too bad you aren't playing the MVFC, you're playing NDSU. Enjoy the last 3 days of your season.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2013, 11:14 AM

Maybe you need glasses. :D

unh08fmd
December 17th, 2013, 11:16 AM
SDSU beat SELU 34-26 and UNH beat SELU 20-17, that's a close to common opponents that I can find so far, and you know the power of transitive properties isn't all that accurate.

If you watched the UNH SELU game besides the score it wasnt even close. UNH had 2 FG's blocked and threw a pick in the endzone. Listen I think NDSU is great but reading this thread you would think UNH was going into Tuscaloosa to get destroyed by Alabama. I hope that Cats show up and give you guys a hell of game and maybe just maybe shut you guys up.

gotts
December 17th, 2013, 11:16 AM

William & Mary would beg to differ.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 11:21 AM
If you watched the UNH SELU game besides the score it wasnt even close. UNH had 2 FG's blocked and threw a pick in the endzone. Listen I think NDSU is great but reading this thread you would think UNH was going into Tuscaloosa to get destroyed by Alabama. I hope that Cats show up and give you guys a hell of game and maybe just maybe shut you guys up.

No, they're going into Fargo to get destroyed by NDSU.

unh08fmd
December 17th, 2013, 11:22 AM
William & Mary would beg to differ.

I meant in the MVC

unh08fmd
December 17th, 2013, 11:24 AM
No, they're going into Fargo to get destroyed by NDSU.

LOL yes Fargo is so scary, I'm sure RJ Harris is shaking in his cleats

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 11:32 AM
LOL yes Fargo is so scary, I'm sure RJ Harris is shaking in his cleats

Nobody cares how he feels. He is going to run into a brick ****ing wall on Friday night and need a lot of time in the ice bath.

unh08fmd
December 17th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Nobody cares how he feels. He is going to run into a brick ****ing wall on Friday night and need a lot of time in the ice bath.

LOL no I think RJ will be wearing the "Ice up son" T Shirt under his pads. I hope your DB's tape up there ankles real good its gonna be a long day following him around.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 11:41 AM
LOL no I think RJ will be wearing the "Ice up son" T Shirt under his pads. I hope your DB's tape up there ankles real good its gonna be a long day following him around.

You obviously haven't seen much NDSU football. The RBs rarely get to the defensive backfield.

unh08fmd
December 17th, 2013, 11:45 AM
You obviously haven't seen much NDSU football. The RBs rarely get to the defensive backfield.

You must not watch a lot of UNH because RJ Harris is our All-American Wide Receiver not our RB, that would be Mr. Stiretti. You will be hearing plenty of that name too. xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 11:49 AM
You must not watch a lot of UNH because RJ Harris is our All-American Wide Receiver not our RB, that would be Mr. Stiretti. You will be hearing plenty of that name too. xthumbsupx

Yep. you got me. You will all be believers soon.

Mattymc727
December 17th, 2013, 11:51 AM

Cant talk much smack when you misspell Steriti's name....

Missingnumber7
December 17th, 2013, 11:52 AM
The team may change but the fans are still the same. I am just amazed over the past two weeks how little some schools fans actually know about the FCS as a whole. NDSU fans included. It was nice playing GA Southern. Many Bison fans got a lesson or two on FCS and IAA history. But I find it humerous how fans try to say they know their team is going to dominate when they don't even pay attention to how schools in their own conference do, let alone the rest of the FCS. I find the easiest way to be objective is to be a fan of FCS as a whole and not just a fan of my team. Doesn't mean I cheer for any other FCS team, but I do watch lots of FCS football when I find it on TV and it is the reason I pay for the regional sports networks, and love flipping through ESPN3 on Saturdays. I have seen everyone of the playoff teams play at least a portion of a game at least once prior to the playoffs and had an idea about how they would do against other teams. I know many on this board are similar, but in December its amazing how many FCS fans come out of the woodworks that know nothing other than my team is awesome and your team must suck because I don't read anything about it in my little hole in the wall in SC.

As a Bison fan I honestly don't see much of a chance for UNH, not saying they are going to get destroyed or that they can't win, but the windows are few and far between. I think it is great for FCS football, and especially the BSC and MVFC that teams from the establishement, the CAA, are playing them. I hope that tons of FCS fans tune in this weekend and are entertained and see that the FCS is fairly well balanced and that the BSC, MVFC, CAA are most of the class of the FCS. OVC and Southland are right there too. But I hope for good games, now I would love to see NDSU just trounce UNH, it would do much for my heart because I wouldn't be sweating the outcome.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 11:55 AM

To be honest, I really have to go chasing after the NCAA stats pages and rosters to catch up with the new people every year but I can talk about my own team with the best of them.

unh08fmd
December 17th, 2013, 11:55 AM

Not easy typing on an iphone in the freezing cold weather, sorry to make such a huge mistake.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 11:56 AM
The team may change but the fans are still the same. I am just amazed over the past two weeks how little some schools fans actually know about the FCS as a whole. NDSU fans included. It was nice playing GA Southern. Many Bison fans got a lesson or two on FCS and IAA history. But I find it humerous how fans try to say they know their team is going to dominate when they don't even pay attention to how schools in their own conference do, let alone the rest of the FCS. I find the easiest way to be objective is to be a fan of FCS as a whole and not just a fan of my team. Doesn't mean I cheer for any other FCS team, but I do watch lots of FCS football when I find it on TV and it is the reason I pay for the regional sports networks, and love flipping through ESPN3 on Saturdays. I have seen everyone of the playoff teams play at least a portion of a game at least once prior to the playoffs and had an idea about how they would do against other teams. I know many on this board are similar, but in December its amazing how many FCS fans come out of the woodworks that know nothing other than my team is awesome and your team must suck because I don't read anything about it in my little hole in the wall in SC.

As a Bison fan I honestly don't see much of a chance for UNH, not saying they are going to get destroyed or that they can't win, but the windows are few and far between. I think it is great for FCS football, and especially the BSC and MVFC that teams from the establishement, the CAA, are playing them. I hope that tons of FCS fans tune in this weekend and are entertained and see that the FCS is fairly well balanced and that the BSC, MVFC, CAA are most of the class of the FCS. OVC and Southland are right there too. But I hope for good games, now I would love to see NDSU just trounce UNH, it would do much for my heart because I wouldn't be sweating the outcome.

I pretty much stood in front of my TV the whole time last year. My knees locked up and I was actually tired when it was over. That was WAY too much drama.

When Youyoute completed that pass on the final drive, I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 11:59 AM
and just to help you along on your own board. Yes, we are all making our tailgate preparations in Texas, hotels, tickets, etc.

It's not because we're arrogant, it's because we are organized and good planners.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2013, 12:08 PM
How is that a fact? You bemoan how some people treat NDSU as unbeatable and that it is a "fact" they are above and beyond any other FCS team this year and then you do the exact same thing to every other MVFC team outside of UNI. It's also a FACT that UNI lost to 4 other MVFC teams this year not named NDSU.

deez_na
December 17th, 2013, 12:11 PM

Only way UNH beats NDSU is if they play terrible. When NDSU is playing their game they are close to unbeatable.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM
How is that a fact? You bemoan how some people treat NDSU as unbeatable and that it is a "fact" they are above and beyond any other FCS team this year and then you do the exact same thing to every other MVFC team outside of UNI. It's also a FACT that UNI lost to 4 other MVFC teams this year not named NDSU.

and only after NDSU just plain broke them.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2013, 12:16 PM

Pretty much, it's been the same tune in every playoff game the last 3 years.

You may have beat XXXX but YYYY is so much better because of ZZZZ.

Insert your choice for XXXX: UNI, James Madison, Lehigh, Georgia Southern, SDSU, Wofford, Furman, Coastal Carolina
Insert your choice for YYYY: James Madison, Lehigh, Georgia Southern, Sam Houston, SDSU, Wofford, Furman, Coastal Carolina, New Hampshire
Insert your choice for ZZZZ: Toughness, CAA toughness, speed, southern speed, SOCON speed, balanced offense, triple option offense, power run game, spread passing game, shut down defense, aggressive defense, shut down corners, manbearpig, buttBama, buttCocks, All-American RB, All-American QB, All-American WR, our injured star is back, we've improved so much, you haven't seen an offense like us, you haven't seen a defense like us, you haven't seen a team like us, our coaches make such great adjustments (and I'm sure I'm missing some)

Point is it's 0 for 10 so far in being right so forgive me if I'm skeptical that UNH is something NDSU hasn't already seen and handled.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Pretty much, it's been the same tune in every playoff game the last 3 years.

You may have beat XXXX but YYYY is so much better because of ZZZZ.

Insert your choice for XXXX: UNI, James Madison, Lehigh, Georgia Southern, SDSU, Wofford, Furman, Coastal Carolina
Insert your choice for YYYY: James Madison, Lehigh, Georgia Southern, Sam Houston, SDSU, Wofford, Furman, Coastal Carolina, New Hampshire
Insert your choice for ZZZZ: Toughness, CAA toughness, speed, southern speed, SOCON speed, balanced offense, triple option offense, power run game, spread passing game, shut down defense, aggressive defense, shut down corners, manbearpig, buttBama, buttCocks, All-American RB, All-American QB, All-American WR, our injured star is back, we've improved so much, you haven't seen an offense like us, you haven't seen a defense like us, you haven't seen a team like us, our coaches make such great adjustments (and I'm sure I'm missing some)

Point is it's 0 for 10 so far in being right so forgive me if I'm skeptical that UNH is something NDSU hasn't already seen and handled.

UNH lost to Lehigh this year.

/end thread

unh08fmd
December 17th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Only way UNH beats NDSU is if they play terrible. When NDSU is playing their game they are close to unbeatable.

But they COULD play terrible right???

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM

No, they can't. This team is absolutely dialed in for the playoffs. No doubt about it.

They lost their coach 6 days before absolutely DESTROYING CC last week. You think they're going to be off their game this week?

deez_na
December 17th, 2013, 12:35 PM

Highly unlikely after a 31 and 34 point blowout the last 2 rounds. I think they are on their game right now and will not let a team come and stop them from Frisco. They are veterans and have been here before going on 3 straight years. Also Bohl is just too good of a coach to let them slip when this close to Frisco. New Hampshire just doesn't scare me personally but that's why they play the game.

TILIS-BisonFan
December 17th, 2013, 12:41 PM

Sure they could but I have not seen them play bad enough in their last 22 games that New Hampshire wouldve beaten them. As a Bison fan there is no reason to expect this week to be any different. We have heard a multitude of reasons from a new team every week saying what Professor Chaos has said. It gets worn down.

Based on your rational Bison fans are not confident they are correct 95% of the time in the last 22 games (wrong against GA SO). The way this team has been rolling the last 6 games is the most all around dominant any NDSU team has played arguably any FCS team since Adrian Peterson.

No one is even talking about 400+ rushing yards and 600+ total yards. We have a Walter Payton finalist. The career leader in wins at the QB position and oh yeah consecutive back to back 1000 yard rushers. And the most dominant defense three years running in FCS. That is FACT

If UNH wins Ill be the first to congratulate them and say Brock threw some bad balls. It will be hard to imagine this happening unless the Bison defeat themselves which is what every opposing coach has said postgame. If this happened if that but hey good luck in Frisco. Beat EWU.

I will also have for tickets in the 12th row at a highly discounted price.

WrenFGun
December 17th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Obviously, NDSU are the heavy favorites, but for a few reasons I don't think the early season sample is really relevant.

First of all, Sean Goldrich has emerged as an elite FCS QB. For reference sake, he grossly outperformed the SLC player of the year on the road last week in Bryan Bennett. He can run and he can throw. With that said, for the most part he's had plenty of time to do those things, and I think against the Bison that's going to be a bit more difficult. One of the things that both Goldrich and Vailas have a tendency to do is pull the ball down and run under pressure. If Goldrich doesn't hang in the pocket long enough for his WR's to run their routes I think UNH is going to have a hard time getting first downs.

UNH's RB's are really ... big. They're much better than Ojuri, for instance. I don't know if that will have any impact on the game, but they can wear you down if they get enough carries.

If UNH has ANY hope in this game they must sustain drives. We all know NDSU will and that will wear out the defense. If the T.O.P. isn't at least close to even, UNH has no chance.

As I said, though, Harris is as good as they get in FCS. If he continues to get open, UNH will be in the game.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 01:06 PM
If goldrich runs alot he might not be able to walk after the game, just sayin.

We already get alot of shots on opposing QB's. You don't want him to give us even more opportunities.

DJKyR0
December 17th, 2013, 01:06 PM

In as much as Natalie Portman COULD walk into my room naked right now, sure.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Always a possibility, however remote. I think UNH needs to turn NDSU over multiple times and be surgical in their red zone execution (i.e. turn NDSU over and covert those TOs into 7 points each time) to have a chance to win. That's easier said than done but it's possible.

TILIS-BisonFan
December 17th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Obviously, NDSU are the heavy favorites, but for a few reasons I don't think the early season sample is really relevant.

First of all, Sean Goldrich has emerged as an elite FCS QB. For reference sake, he grossly outperformed the SLC player of the year on the road last week in Bryan Bennett. He can run and he can throw. With that said, for the most part he's had plenty of time to do those things, and I think against the Bison that's going to be a bit more difficult. One of the things that both Goldrich and Vailas have a tendency to do is pull the ball down and run under pressure. If Goldrich doesn't hang in the pocket long enough for his WR's to run their routes I think UNH is going to have a hard time getting first downs.

UNH's RB's are really ... big. They're much better than Ojuri, for instance. I don't know if that will have any impact on the game, but they can wear you down if they get enough carries.

If UNH has ANY hope in this game they must sustain drives. We all know NDSU will and that will wear out the defense. If the T.O.P. isn't at least close to even, UNH has no chance.

As I said, though, Harris is as good as they get in FCS. If he continues to get open, UNH will be in the game.

Brock is a better QB. Advantage Bison.

The Bison D-Line will likely get plenty of pressure. The Bison D Line gets off the ball quite fast in the Dome due crowd noise and being able to time a QB's silent count. Watching back the Ga So last year the noise was so loud they were a half step quicker than the GA SO O line because their lineman couldnt hear the snap.

Our front seven is faster and stronger than anything you have seen all year.

How Goldrich adapts will be a huge key to UNH success in this game. If he can it will be competitive.

Your running backs are big but not better IMO. YPC is what matters for a running back and our top two are about 1 YPC better.

We do have a future NFL'er as good as it gets in the FCS ready for the challenge of Harris. The safety on Marcus' side just roams the middle or blitzes. He however separated his shoulder and is questionable although I think he will be playing. It will be key to see if your 2nd and 3rd WR's can get open as that is where most teams have had success throwing.

If UNH gets behind two scores the defense will really open up and get more aggressive. Thats where it gets ugly. Like you said they need to keep T.O.P. close.

Im curious WrenFGun about your defense more so than your offense just because it hasnt mattered who has come to Fargo or what their averages are for three years. They have given up more than 24 points twice in three years. That was 27 & 26.

WrenFGun
December 17th, 2013, 01:53 PM
UNH's defense is improving; I don't believe they've allowed more than 27 points on defense since the Towson game (Maine scored 27, but 7 were on a KO return).

The front four is pretty stout against the run, but IMO a weak spot can be a mobile QB. That said, they completely shut down Bennett's mobility against SELA, so maybe they figured something out there.

They'll play 8 DL to keep fresh .. the starters (Muller, Kaplan, McCann and Colbert) are obviously the best four, but Turner and Armand are great backup DT's and Shorey and Ciccone are the primary backup DE's. With the exception of Colbert, I think essentially all of those players are more run specialists than pass rush specialists.

The two LB's are both very good, though a bit undersized. Akil Anderson is a glorified safety playing LB, but probably our best tackler. Shane McNeely is also a very solid LB, but I believe he went out late against SELA and I'm not sure if he'll be back. DeVaughn Cholette is our primary backup and is more of a thumper than the other two. All three will play, if healthy.

The corners vary in effectiveness. IMO, our best secondary player is RS FR Casey DeAndrade. He's a fantastic cover corner and he makes plays. I'd expect a lot of the throws to go to the other side of the field, either against Steven Thames (small, doesn't make a lot of plays and I regularly think his man tends to be open) or Lamar Edmonds (young, more physical than Thames IMO). We play three safeties, and all three are pretty good .. Hayden Knudson seems to be consistent but you rarely notice him, while Nick Cefalo tends to be a guy who is all over the place, but I most remember him as the guy who catches whoever just made a big play against us, for whatever reason. Manny Asam is one of the best overall safeties in the country, IMO.

UNH does not really press cover, though they've gotten BETTER at moving closer to WR's. They generally play to avoid the big play but they've gotten much better in the second half of the season at getting off the field. With the exception of Terrance West, we've basically shut down opposing running games.

TILIS-BisonFan
December 17th, 2013, 02:02 PM
all signs point to trenches, 3rd down conversions, and turnovers. Bring on Friday. Thanks for the analysis Wren

BisonFan02
December 17th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Quote from UNH QB regarding the Fargodome:

It’s an awesome place to play and I’m really looking forward to it,” said Goldrich. “It’s going to be loud, but we have some experience indoors. We played Georgia State in the Georgia Dome last year.

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2013, 02:08 PM

It’s an awesome place to play and I’m really looking forward to it,” said Goldrich. “It’s going to be loud, but we have some experience indoors. We played Georgia State in the Georgia Dome last year.
xlolx Classic!

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2013, 02:15 PM

A few empty seats

ATTENDANCE: 9,531

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 02:16 PM
A few empty seats

To be fair. Capacity for Georgia State football is 28k. Of course, the total capacity is 74k.

UNH Fanboi
December 17th, 2013, 02:23 PM
A few empty seats

Yeah, but it got pretty loud during the halftime cash drop (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/georgia-state-cash-drop-captured-video-frantic-imagined-024011092--ncaaf.html).

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2013, 02:34 PM
A few empty seats

And that 9,531 number is likely pure malarkey on top of that. Their reported attendance is usually at least double what it actually is from what I've heard/seen.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Yeah, but it got pretty loud during the halftime cash drop (http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/georgia-state-cash-drop-captured-video-frantic-imagined-024011092--ncaaf.html).

xlolx

Mattymc727
December 17th, 2013, 02:38 PM
He mentions the Georgia dome as a place UNH has played indoors. He was not comparing noise levels in the least bit. The sentence was structured poorly.

bisonboone11
December 17th, 2013, 03:04 PM

What makes you believe this? I am honestly curious. I haven't seen them play except for a small portion of the SELA game. Just looking at stats, it looks like Steriti is your top back, but Ojuri has 200+ more yards on 5 less carries in 1 less game. It actually looks like Steriti only has 25 yards more than NDSU's #2 RB (Crockett), but Crockett has 23 less carries and 1 less game. Then it looks like your #2 back has 451 yards on 86 carries, which is only 22 more yards than NDSU's QB has on the season.

After looking a little more, it looks like UNH's top 4 RB's have less yards combined than NDSU's top 2. So how are UNH's backs better?

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Geez, no wonder North Dakota is the energy state .....enough wind coming out of Fargo to power up the mid western grid . Can I hook up my A/C to this breezy thread somehow?

IBleedYellow
December 17th, 2013, 03:15 PM
The only reason it's funny is the way it's structured. I'm assuming he's talking about the environment not affecting as many things.

What people need to remember is that we are in the semifinals. The four best teams in the country are left, you have to be someone to actually be here and you've fought your way here. University of New Hampshire Wildcats will have all the respect in the world from the North Dakota State Bison 2013 football team, and because of that respect they are going to work that much harder this week. This team will be determined and focused, probably something that you can't even imagine until you've seen the results on the field.

UNH will put up a fight, but I just feel that NDSU's veteran team wants it more, I've talked with some of the players, there is a chip on their shoulder even though they are the top team.

Green1
December 17th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Geez, no wonder North Dakota is the energy state .....enough wind coming out of Fargo to power up the mid western grid . Can I hook up my A/C to this breezy thread somehow?

(sound of crickets......)

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2013, 03:35 PM

Not nearly like you continually 'pimping' CAA dominance over and over....

Yawn.......

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 03:42 PM
About 72 hours until all this conjecture is put to rest, getting pretty excited!

WrenFGun
December 17th, 2013, 03:52 PM
What makes you believe this? I am honestly curious. I haven't seen them play except for a small portion of the SELA game. Just looking at stats, it looks like Steriti is your top back, but Ojuri has 200+ more yards on 5 less carries in 1 less game. It actually looks like Steriti only has 25 yards more than NDSU's #2 RB (Crockett), but Crockett has 23 less carries and 1 less game. Then it looks like your #2 back has 451 yards on 86 carries, which is only 22 more yards than NDSU's QB has on the season.

After looking a little more, it looks like UNH's top 4 RB's have less yards combined than NDSU's top 2. So how are UNH's backs better?

Totally meant bigger not better

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Not nearly like you continually 'pimping' CAA dominance over and over....

Yawn.......

not pimping up the CAA ..... it's more like FCS 101 for a fan base that thinks UNH is the same as a Big South team.

tomq04
December 17th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Totally meant bigger not better

Well that changes everything!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 04:27 PM
not pimping up the CAA ..... it's more like FCS 101 for a fan base that thinks UNH is the same as a Big South team.

It won't matter, the same thing will happen.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2013, 04:31 PM

Same outcome on Friday.

Beat SoCon champ.....check
Beat Big South champ....check
Beat UNH...check

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty sure we know the difference between conferences Hen. You are just such a surly mofo, hug and kiss? Short week will help ease your negative demeanor, less time on the thread to aggravate you.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Class in session, Lets talk a bit of FCS history and you all know why we study history right? Because it has a way of repeating itself

So long before you were schooled last year by the GATA crowd down south, a similar parallel played out here on AGS, UNH heard all about the same southern speed you heard about last year and how the good ole boys from Georgia were going to manhandle a slow and weak team from New Hampshire..... well, they lost and so can you.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=243320290

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Class in session, Lets talk a bit of FCS history and you all know why we study history right? Because it has a way of repeating itself

So long before you were schooled last year by the GATA crowd down south, a similar parallel played out here on AGS, UNH heard all about the same southern speed you heard about last year and how the good ole boys from Georgia were going to manhandle a slow and weak team from New Hampshire..... well, they lost and so can you.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=243320290

LOL....frickin 2004.....xlolx

We'll see come Friday.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2013, 05:16 PM
LOL....frickin 2004.....xlolx

We'll see come Friday.

that's right, 2004.... why don't you go upstairs to your view to the horizon will be a bit further than 200 yards sailor

earlier that year Rutgers fell to the lil 1AA team

http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=242550164

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2013, 05:19 PM
2006 Big Ten Northwestern overlooked the unheard of school from New England and got embarrassed...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/160/year/2006/new-hampshire-wildcats

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2013, 05:26 PM
2006 Big Ten Northwestern overlooked the unheard of school from New England and got embarrassed...

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/160/year/2006/new-hampshire-wildcats

Oh gee....the historical juggernaut that is UNH is going to come into the FD and destroy the Bison with a statistically average defense and a little above average offense.

Oh ya, the Bison are 7-3 against FBS teams....xcoffeex

SUPharmacist
December 17th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Well now that I know UNH had some big wins in 2004 and 2006 that changes everything. Listen I respect UNH they have been a power program for a long time, but I just don't see it this year. If we are going to talk history that doesn't impact the game, lets review UNH's past record in the semis, oh wait.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2013, 05:29 PM

Hey Einstein.......apples/oranges in relevance to this game.

Mattymc727
December 17th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Just saw on the news that UNH has been practicing indoors in the NH sportsplex this week. They brought speakers to simulate crowd noise. Looked like a pretty cool setup.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Holy ****, for a Delaware guy you sure have a colossal hard on for New Hampshire.

- - - Updated - - -

Just saw on the news that UNH has been practicing indoors in the NH sportsplex this week. They brought speakers to simulate crowd noise. Looked like a pretty cool setup.

Unless they brought in a jet engine, those speakers aren't going to simulate a thing.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Oh gee....the historical juggernaut that is UNH is going to come into the FD and destroy the Bison with a statistically average defense and a little above average offense.

Oh ya, the Bison are 7-3 against FBS teams....xcoffeex

old news on the Bison 7-3 against FBS, obviously you don't read the posts your reply to, has anyone said anything remotely close to UNH destroying anyone.... No

EMS in Fargo better get ready when 17K all go into shock at the same time.... sounds like a good drill for the city planners to run tomorrow

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 05:37 PM
old news on the Bison 7-3 against FBS, obviously you don't read the posts your reply to, has anyone said anything remotely close to UNH destroying anyone.... No

EMS in Fargo better get ready when 17K all go into shock at the same time.... sounds like a good drill for the city planners to run tomorrow

You are ridiculous

TILIS-BisonFan
December 17th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Hey Einstein.......apples/oranges in relevance to this game. dont respond to caribbean he is doing a bit fellas. feeding of trolls is not recommended

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2013, 05:40 PM

Better give them a call for a heads up....xlolx

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2013, 05:40 PM
the trend continued in 2007, T R E N D

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/160/year/2007/new-hampshire-wildcats

Marshall falls hard

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2013, 05:41 PM
dont respond to caribbean he is doing a bit fellas. feeding of trolls is not recommended

I know....I enjoy reading his fantasy posts!!!

xthumbsupx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 05:41 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/160/year/2007/new-hampshire-wildcats

Marshall falls hard

I hope you troll our thread with Towson this hard. I'll be thinking of ya in Frisco.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 05:43 PM
What's funny is NH's 2007 schedule shows them losing to a MVFC team in the playoffs. Looks about right.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2013, 05:43 PM

Is it a whole FB field or 1/2?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2013, 05:45 PM
What's funny is NH's 2007 schedule shows them losing to a MVFC team in the playoffs. Looks about right.

Man, that 5 year transition/probation period really sucked. I think those Bison teams could have made a run at the NCs both years....:(

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Is it a whole FB field or 1/2?

Mostly soccer. https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-cidvyJNWXbs/Uqo_dxSybTI/AAAAAAAAAEk/tmLR1afQY7o/w1464-h839-no/Sportsplex+015.jpg

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Mostly soccer. https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-cidvyJNWXbs/Uqo_dxSybTI/AAAAAAAAAEk/tmLR1afQY7o/w1464-h839-no/Sportsplex+015.jpg

Their players look mighty small in that picture.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 05:52 PM

I'm glad you came to play for your conference mates, they need a seminar in messageboard banter.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2013, 05:55 PM

and that was actually a pretty good Northern Iowa team back in 2007, if it wasn't for Flacco they would have ended up in Chatty that year but it's encouraging that you guys are learning from the class..... and referring to your teacher as a troll.... that explains some things.

- - - Updated - - -

Mattymc727
December 17th, 2013, 07:03 PM
The sportsplex is just an indoor soccer turf field for kids. They interviewed coach Mac and he said that it would never be the same as the Fargodome, but give them an opportunity to adjust to having to deal with noise and indoor environment. They had 3-5 speakers literally blasting stadium crowd noise right behind the offense. They looked to be running full speed with full pads.

steelr7
December 17th, 2013, 07:11 PM
I am really looking forward to this game. I heard rumors that UNH actually plays defense.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2013, 07:16 PM
The sportsplex is just an indoor soccer turf field for kids. They interviewed coach Mac and he said that it would never be the same as the Fargodome, but give them an opportunity to adjust to having to deal with noise and indoor environment. They had 3-5 speakers literally blasting stadium crowd noise right behind the offense. They looked to be running full speed with full pads.

The local news in Fargo had a clip on this tonight. Didn't sound too loud to me but maybe it was the video equipment. I doubt it will help come Friday but certainly can't hurt.

What's the biggest crowd UNH has played in front of the last couple years?

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 07:35 PM
44-7 Loss to Minnesota in 2012. 47000 listed.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 07:43 PM
44-7 Loss to Minnesota in 2012. 47000 listed.

That place is not loud at all. They are in for the shock of a lifetime. Hope they have all their silent counts down. I know the Bison linebackers will

Bisonwinagn
December 17th, 2013, 07:49 PM
How many seniors does UNH have starting? How about the QB? Curious about the experience level.

TILIS-BisonFan
December 17th, 2013, 07:55 PM
44-7 Loss to Minnesota in 2012. 47000 listed. I was at this game and can attest UNH looked awful, I lost my spread bet, & the atmosphere was comparable to a elementary soccer game.

TennBison
December 17th, 2013, 08:07 PM

Marshall falls hard
How far did UNH go in the playoffs that year, or any year for that matter????????

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2013, 08:17 PM
How far did UNH go in the playoffs that year, or any year for that matter????????

To be fair, UNH has had to play a lot of road games in the playoffs. That's a very difficult recipe for success.

The year they lost to UNI in the semi's was their best team. I wish the NDSU fans were around to see the Santo to Ball connection.

BisonFan02
December 17th, 2013, 08:24 PM
To be fair, UNH has had to play a lot of road games in the playoffs. That's a very difficult recipe for success.

The year they lost to UNI in the semi's was their best team. I wish the NDSU fans were around to see the Santo to Ball connection.

Semis? I thought UNH had never made it past the quarterfinals?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Semis? I thought UNH had never made it past the quarterfinals?

It was the 2005 quarterfinals. UNI made it to the title game. For some reason I thought that was a semifinal.

The way that home games are awarded has done UNH no favors. It's made it nearly impossible for them to advance imo.

Grizalltheway
December 17th, 2013, 08:46 PM
I was at this game and can attest UNH looked awful, I lost my spread bet, & the atmosphere was comparable to a elementary soccer game.

How excited would you get to watch the Goofers?

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 08:52 PM
It was the 2005 quarterfinals. UNI made it to the title game. For some reason I thought that was a semifinal.

The way that home games are awarded has done UNH no favors. It's made it nearly impossible for them to advance imo.

However if UNH would have won more games they would have had better seed hence having some home games. Not real hard

Bisonator
December 17th, 2013, 08:55 PM
However if UNH would have won more games they would have had better seed hence having some home games. Not real hard

Yeah he makes it sound like home games are just given to teams. Teams earn home games after the first round anyway.

Sader87
December 17th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Actually, historically UNH's poor facilities have been a hindrance in their getting home playoff games...good point Go Lehigh TU.

The Wildcats should be prohibitive underdogs Friday, NDSU has been dominant this year, but UNH is a lot better than either Furman or Coastal Carolina. If UNH can catch some breaks (turnovers etc) they could hang around.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2013, 08:57 PM

In a perfect world home games would be based on merit. Unfortunately, that is not the case....

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 09:11 PM
How excited would you get to watch the Goofers?

I thought that exact same thing when we were in the tailgate at the Gopher/Bison game. There were people out there tailgating and I felt bad for them.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:12 PM
In a perfect world home games would be based on merit. Unfortunately, that is not the case....

Yes, clearly 13-0 NDSU out of the #1 ranked conference is less deserving of a home game than 9-4 UNH. xlolx #NCAAgreed

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Yes, clearly 13-0 NDSU out of the #1 ranked conference is less deserving of a home game than 9-4 UNH. xlolx #NCAAgreed

You completely missed the point....

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:14 PM
You completely missed the point....

On purpose

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 09:19 PM

What merit? I'm not following you... the system is set up for those teams who win and earn home games and those that bid for home games. UNH knows the system so how is it unfair to them?

Professor Chaos
December 17th, 2013, 09:24 PM
I really do think UNH is a very good team but if NDSU does win we'll get two full weeks of EWU or Towson fans talking about how bad UNH is...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2013, 09:24 PM
What merit? I'm not following you... the system is set up for those teams who win and earn home games and those that bid for home games. UNH knows the system so how is it unfair to them?

For instance, Montana should did not deserve a home game, let alone a seed. The only reason they were awarded a seed was money.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:25 PM
For instance, Montana should did not deserve a home game, let alone a seed. The only reason they were awarded a seed was money.

Highly debatable, they had a record as good as the other choices. You can think of better examples.

Sader87
December 17th, 2013, 09:26 PM
UNH could probably have played more home playoff games in the past but their facilities are fairly sub-par, the school/state wouldn't spend the money on bids etc...

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Not to mention had Montana not been given a seed, they would have had exactly the same number of home games... They would have started in a round earlier and hosted.

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 09:29 PM
UNH could probably have played more home playoff games in the past but their facilities are fairly sub-par, the school/state wouldn't spend the money on bids etc...

See so it isn't unfair to UNH because they know how to get a home game, the powers that be just don't wanna spend the money and the team didn't win enough games to automatically get home games. It isn't the best system but its the one we have.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:30 PM
See so it isn't unfair to UNH because they know how to get a home game, the powers that be just don't wanna spend the money and the team didn't run enough games to automatically get home games. It isn't the best system but its the one we have.

The only better system, seeding all playoff entrants, would still send UNH to higher seeded teams... the only better system for UNH is one that explicitly states UNH always hosts forever regardless of circumstances.

No_Skill
December 17th, 2013, 09:31 PM

Not sure what that means...I was watching those games at that time and reading about them.

Darlinikki150
December 17th, 2013, 09:32 PM
The only better system, seeding all playoff entrants, would still send UNH to higher seeded teams... the only better system for UNH is one that explicitly states UNH always hosts forever regardless of circumstances.

Exactly so if UNH wants home games, win more regular season games.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 09:33 PM

I wish NDSU had been around to see that. They would have been as dangerous as any team in the field.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 17th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Highly debatable, they had a record as good as the other choices. You can think of better examples.

Montana's best win was against a 5 loss MSU team. I watched the Griz all year and said all along they were being respected based on history. No way did they deserve seed.

UNH has been battling the inferior facility issue far too long. It has cost them imo....

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Montana's best win was against a 5 loss MSU team. I watched the Griz all year and said all along they were being respected based on history. No way did they deserve seed.

UNH has been battling the inferior facility issue far too long. It has cost them imo....

That maybe, but even if it is the case it did not net the NCAA any additional funds, I personally think that having good attendance ups a teams chances of being an unseeded at-large in questionable years, however this year the NCAA gained nothing by seeding Montana. Unless you are arguing that the University of Montana should not have been included in the playoffs at all this year.