PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota State vs Towson - National Championship

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Tiger12
December 25th, 2013, 01:50 PM
We'll see. Really think this game will be a lot closer than thought. Towson plays better on the road as an underdog. I think NDSU will win ( hope I'm wrong) but a win by Towson is not outside the realm of possibility

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2013, 01:57 PM
We'll see. Really think this game will be a lot closer than thought. Towson plays better on the road as an underdog. I think NDSU will win ( hope I'm wrong) but a win by Towson is not outside the realm of possibility

There are several different things going against Towson in this case.

The Bison have not lost a road/neutral site game in 3 calendar years. That's 17 in a row. So it could be said that NDSU also plays better on the road.
They have also not lost in the yellow jerseys.

Hope you're coming, I have front row tickets in the Towson section.

BisonTru
December 25th, 2013, 02:12 PM

You guys have a great coach. He's turned your program around and now you guys are playing for a championship. Pretty great run. I'm sure he'll have your guys prepared. I still expect a bison victory because we also have a great coach, but if you guys can win the turnover battle and force us to focus on something other than West you have a shot. Either way we're all partying in frisco. Win or lose we still booze.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Tiger12
December 25th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Having been to Towson games with less than 1k in the stands, I'm beyond thrilled to be here. I'm glad we get a shot at NDSU, they are the best team in the FCS team right now. We have nothing left to prove this year except to see if we can dethrone the King. Here's to a good, injury free game

swaghook
December 25th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Fortunately for us Bison fans the team and coaches are not planning on how to celebrate the win. They are planning on how to get that win first. They will not come in over confident they play with discipline and determination that just will not say die when it comes to winning the big games. I think Towson will break a couple for some yards be it by the run or pass but I also see them having a couple turnovers that will hurt them badly in this one. The Bison D score a TD at least once in this game.

Westby
December 25th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Towson should look at Southern Illinois, Northern Iowa, and Furman game tape. These three teams were able to move the ball in stretches against the Bison mega Defense. Towson has shown all year the ability to put up points, but we need to adapt our game plan to incorporate what these three teams were successful against the mighty Bison. I feel like if some passes are completed Towson will be successful.

Wilson16
December 25th, 2013, 06:27 PM
Plenty of Tiger fans around but like said before, this thread has become a pissing match, not real enjoyable to read

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)
It's what happens in championship threads. Maybe you'll get used to it

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2013, 06:29 PM
It's what happens in championship threads. Maybe you'll get used to it

The poor victim types are way worse than the **** talkers.

Wilson16
December 25th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Towson should look at Southern Illinois, Northern Iowa, and Furman game tape. These three teams were able to move the ball in stretches against the Bison mega Defense. Towson has shown all year the ability to put up points, but we need to adapt our game plan to incorporate what these three teams were successful against the mighty Bison. I feel like if some passes are completed Towson will be successful.
I thought you said all those teams were from a ****ty conference that allowed NDSU to look good. Why would they want to look at tape of ****ty teams? Pick a side of the fence and jump off.

Westby
December 25th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Well shi**y teams moved the ball against you so we should look how inferior teams were successful

swaghook
December 25th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Well shi**y teams moved the ball against you so we should look how inferior teams were successful

Personally I hope the coach takes your valuable advise and tries all the plays that other teams have tried against the Bison instead of using their own plays that the players are used to running all year long. Will just up the odds of mistakes on Towson's offense occurring trying to run plays they are not accustomed to using.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 25th, 2013, 07:20 PM

LOL...****ty teams moved the ball on Towson this year also....xcoffeex

Wilson16
December 25th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Daryll I FINALLY got you to reply to one of my posts. Thanks!! Those inferior teams LOST so I guess things will be no different on Jan 4th.

I love it when you take the bait xlolx

TwinCitiesBison
December 25th, 2013, 08:30 PM
The coaching staffs only have a couple weeks...one of which the players are off for the holiday. At this point, you go with what got you there. You might see a few tweaks here and there...but it's not like Towson is suddenly going to become a passing offense and the Bison are going to go to a spread offense....We're going to see a lot of West running and a lot of Ojiuri and Crockett and I honestly can't wait to see how it turns out!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2013, 08:42 PM
So Towson fans are predictably butthurt over our ability to go to this game or something. Over on their board the very typical potshots over how their area is so much more big time and Fargo must suck so we have to get out.

Chumps.

Wilson16
December 25th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Been there and know a person who moved there. He couldn't wait to get his family out of there. Not safe after dark

Da Herd
December 25th, 2013, 09:02 PM
The coaching staffs only have a couple weeks...one of which the players are off for the holiday. At this point, you go with what got you there. You might see a few tweaks here and there...but it's not like Towson is suddenly going to become a passing offense and the Bison are going to go to a spread offense..

Pshh, maybe that team out east took a week off for the holidays but the bison practiced today and yesterday. I think Bohl and company put in more prep time and work the guys harder than other programs. I don't think that factor gets enough credit for the teams successes.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 25th, 2013, 09:13 PM
Recycled from the CC thread, my non-exhaustive list of every NDSU opponent's posts:

"You guys are due for a loss"
"You have seen anyone like us"
"Any Given Saturday"
"Nobody Lives in ND"
"ND sucks"
"Are you like the movie?"
"Did I mention ND sucks?"
"Bissssssssson"
and my favorite
"NDSU posters are the most arrogant I've ever seen"

added to that are:
Do you sing the Canadian National Anthem at your games?
Do you have electricity in ND.
At least SD has Mt Rushmore

UIWWildthing
December 25th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Been there and know a person who moved there. He couldn't wait to get his family out of there. Not safe after dark
Speaking of Baltimore? Hell it's not safe during the day in some places. Being born and raised here though, the city has it charm (Charm City of course), and I like it here.

Bisonoline
December 25th, 2013, 09:30 PM
The coaching staffs only have a couple weeks...one of which the players are off for the holiday. At this point, you go with what got you there. You might see a few tweaks here and there...but it's not like Towson is suddenly going to become a passing offense and the Bison are going to go to a spread offense....We're going to see a lot of West running and a lot of Ojiuri and Crockett and I honestly can't wait to see how it turns out!

That one week more than usual for a game prep.

Westby
December 25th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Why do you call me Darryl? I hope your team is overlooking us like your dumb##s fans are? We will be ready and your team better be able to take a punch.(Figuratively)

Drblankstare
December 25th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Let's just get this out of the way, so we can move on. Fargo sucks, Baltimore sucks, everywhere sucks. Move to one of the coasts.

Bison win 35-17.

DJKyR0
December 25th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Why do you call me Darryl? I hope your team is overlooking us like your dumb##s fans are? We will be ready and your team better be able to take a punch.(Figuratively)

And here we see the typical response as the opposing fan contemplates the futility of his team versus the Bison. The lofty predictions are nobly shut down and the subject reverts to calling us dambasses. Great work Bison fans, we got another one!

Bisonoline
December 25th, 2013, 09:45 PM

You sound like the hunyuks from Westby WI. But I just dont remember them being as ignorant you are.

NDSUBowler
December 25th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Are you asking us?!

TwinCitiesBison
December 25th, 2013, 10:31 PM
And here we see the typical response as the opposing fan contemplates the futility of his team versus the Bison. The lofty predictions are nobly shut down and the subject reverts to calling us dambasses. Great work Bison fans, we got another one!

I think dumba##s might be a new one...cocky, arrogant, and hicks are the usual calling cards...

Vitojr130
December 25th, 2013, 10:35 PM

I'll start off by saying don't take offense to what I'm about to say and that I'm sorry if you do.

Here goes: I've watched 5 Towson games now this year. Most of them were during the playoffs (ya know, when a team is supposed to be at their hottest).

Absolutely no other FCS team this year is like the UNI team we faced. That UNI squad would have been right there in Frisco with us if we didn't injure literally 5 of their players in the last quarter of the game. They were biggest threat and the injury bug took them far out of the equation. Some might argue that good teams have depth, and that may be true, but the shear talent of the UNI squad that we faced was the toughest thing this NDSU team will face this year. Our defense didn't make mistakes and neither did our offense. They were just simply a d*** good squad.

Honestly, I think NDSU will win the championship by at least a 3 touchdown score. I don't mean that in a mean way either, it's just how it has been and will continue to be.

Westby
December 25th, 2013, 11:07 PM
I recently watched the game on youtube uni looked pretty good but I felt it was too teams not playing that well and NDSU fans over rate UNI just cause they almost beat them. Johnson was a stud back and their d was solid but Kollmorgen was not impressive at all

BisonBacker
December 25th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Under Westby's Xmas tree this morning

"A Clue"

Too bad Santa isn't real xconfusedx

You forgot the Und turtle neck sweater.

Westby
December 26th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Ok I've been rereading this you guys think im from UND? Why would they care do you guys even play? I may not have started posting on the right foot but I am just passionate Towson will compete in this game and can and hopefully will knock off the mighty Bison on the 4th.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 26th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Let's just get this out of the way, so we can move on. Fargo sucks, Baltimore sucks, everywhere sucks. Move to one of the coasts.

Bison win 35-17.

Agree with this.

Towson's defense....Can they stop the Bison offense?

Professor Chaos
December 26th, 2013, 07:11 AM
What an elite football mind!

The best way to attack the Bison D is by pounding the ball straight ahead. NDSUs team defense is too fast to attack the perimeter.

Key to stopping NDSU slow down the two headed monster at running back by stacking the box on 2 fullback sets.

Look for Towson to be effective with their draw and trap running game. Taking advantage of NDSUs defensive ends getting up the field and linebackers overpursuing.

I feel like if some passes are completed Towson will be successful.

xdizzyx

UIWWildthing
December 26th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Agree with this.

Towson's defense....Can they stop the Bison offense?
I honestly don't know. Towson's D has played spotty at times this year (Look at the loss to Delaware as an example of a meltdown). The D really adjusted in the EIU game after the first few drives and for the most part kept Garappolo in check. Towson's D can make plays when they need to, but we are going to need to be consistent against NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 26th, 2013, 07:20 AM
I honestly don't know. Towson's D has played spotty at times this year (Look at the loss to Delaware as an example of a meltdown). The D really adjusted in the EIU game after the first few drives and for the most part kept Garappolo in check. Towson's D can make plays when they need to, but we are going to need to be consistent against NDSU.

Agree

Same with the Bison defense. Need to bring their A game.

Good match up for the NC!!

UIWWildthing
December 26th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Agree

Same with the Bison defense. Need to bring their A game.

Good match up for the NC!!
I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but I expect NDSU to win, most likely pulling ahead in the 2nd half with a final around 41-24 or something to that extent. Towson absolutely cannot have a start like they are prone to having though, I joked earlier this season the team's motto was "We'll spot you 20 points, good luck" but if the Tigers gave up even 10-14 points early it's going to be a long long day.

Lehigh'98
December 26th, 2013, 07:31 AM
The critical matchup in this game and the reason I don't see an upset is NDSU running game vs Towson front 7. If Towson cannot stop them consistently, which almost no one has, then West, as great as he is, can't save them. NDSU is very physical upfront and they mix in the pass very effectively. Don't think they've played anyone as good as Towson, but it prob won't matter.

Wilson16
December 26th, 2013, 07:35 AM

It's just a name for opposing fans that have so much envy of NDSU's success they have to resort to name calling. (See dumb@$&, farmer, etc). You seem to have it nailed so enjoy the honor.

AmsterBison
December 26th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Towson should match up pretty well. They've got the best OL in their conference, two huge guys in the middle of their defensive line, and an amazing RB, West (it's not just his power and speed but his lateral movement is exceptional), and a very good coaching staff.

In fact, Towson is the team I thought had the best shot at beating NDSU for quite a while :)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?147695-2-questions&p=2053012#post2053012

Wilson16
December 26th, 2013, 07:40 AM
The critical matchup in this game and the reason I don't see an upset is NDSU running game vs Towson front 7. If Towson cannot stop them consistently, which almost no one has, then West, as great as he is, can't save them. NDSU is very physical upfront and they mix in the pass very effectively. Don't think they've played anyone as good as Towson, but it prob won't matter.

This is basically what the UNH coach said when he referenced that he would love to see the Towson offense match up with the Bison defense. He went on to say that the problem with playing NDSU is that not only is their defense good their offense is too. Their balance on both sides of the ball makes them very tough to beat. If Towson's defense allows Brock Jenson and company to chew up the clock with first down after first down it won't matter how good the Towson offense is.

deez_na
December 26th, 2013, 08:17 AM

Southern Illinois lost 31-10, you think that game tape will do alot of good?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 26th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Southern Illinois lost 31-10, you think that game tape will do alot of good?

Furthermore can we stop talking about UNI as the template? They got 2 fumbles inside the 30 and couldn't get a TD from either.

So your plan is to hope NDSU fumbles twice inside their own 30? Good plan.

Bisonoline
December 26th, 2013, 09:58 AM
What an elite football mind!

xdizzyx

Who would have thought that the short bus had an internet connection?

Tiger12
December 26th, 2013, 10:22 AM
A big key as stated before is Towson's front 7. Our big man ( you'll know when you see him, he resembles a bowling ball) Arnold Farmer is going to need to have a big game in collapsing that pocket. Same goes for our blitzing LBs. If we give Jensen too much time, he will carve us up, too many weapons to let him sit and throw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Tiger12
December 26th, 2013, 10:29 AM
A big key as stated before is Towson's front 7. Our big man ( you'll know when you see him, he resembles a bowling ball) Arnold Farmer is going to need to have a big game in collapsing that pocket. Same goes for our blitzing LBs. If we give Jensen too much time, he will carve us up, too many weapons to let him sit and throw.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 26th, 2013, 10:35 AM

It will be a death of a thousand cuts.

Professor Chaos
December 26th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Agreed.

Offensively, I think Towson is going to have to open things up through the air since NDSU will be keying on West. They're going to have to be successful in the early downs through the air and they're going to have to stay out of 3rd and longs since NDSU is only allowing 25% 3rd down conversion rate on the season (which is hard to do when passing the ball on 1st or 2nd down). That's the main reaason which is why I think the Towson offense has a tall order in front of them. However, if they're able to loosen the Bison D up through the air they have the ability to get West and company rolling and hold the ball long enough to protect their defense.

Westby
December 26th, 2013, 12:55 PM
UNI was still able to move the ball the two fumbles were just a gift of points. NDSUs D stepped up and didn't allow the mistakes by the return game to completely crush them

centennial
December 26th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Is your QB going to be playing?

Wallace
December 26th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Is your QB going to be playing?

lol, a team playing without a QB????

Wilson16
December 26th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Lol...... You're funny ...... Not

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2013, 01:08 PM

I've seen it.... Delaware 2008

NoDak 4 Ever
December 26th, 2013, 01:14 PM
UNI was still able to move the ball the two fumbles were just a gift of points. NDSUs D stepped up and didn't allow the mistakes by the return game to completely crush them

They were held to under their season average for yards and only 11 first downs. They didn't allow the mistakes to even affect them.

Wallace
December 26th, 2013, 01:14 PM
I've seen it.... Delaware 2008

I meant in the championship game, UD did not even make the tourney in 2008.

But of course centennial just posted "Is your QB going to be playing?" without a reference so I understand

Twentysix
December 26th, 2013, 01:16 PM

But of course centennial just posted "Is your QB going to be playing?" without a reference so I understand

A normal human being infers that he means starting QB. However, normal you are not.

centennial
December 26th, 2013, 01:17 PM

I was talking about the 1st string QB Athens, I think you got that...

Wilson16
December 26th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Obviously he didn't or he was just trolling you

Wallace
December 26th, 2013, 01:24 PM

yeah, lol indicated it I thought... but I wondered for a second. I really don't think Athens matters that much in the scheme of things. It is the overall gameplan that matters most for Towson and I think either guy can run that.

Wilson16
December 26th, 2013, 01:26 PM
yeah, lol indicated it I thought... but I wondered for a second. I really don't think Athens matters that much in the scheme of things. It is the overall gameplan that matters most for Towson and I think either guy can run that.

Really? A guy that's taken very few snaps wouldn't make difference??

Wallace
December 26th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Really? A guy that's taken very few snaps wouldn't make difference??
http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_champs_records/2013/d1/html/12-21-13.htm

(http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_champs_records/2013/d1/html/12-21-13.h)Towson Stuns Eastern Washington (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2013/12/21/towson-stuns-eastern-washington?blog=2)

Towson scored the first 21 points of the game, gave up 31 straight points, and then scored the final two touchdowns late for the win.
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/football/college/img24383574.jpg

With Towson starting quarterback Peter Athens out of the game with a shoulder injury, backup Connor Frazier got some simple instructions from coach Rob Ambrose.

“He said let’s have some fun,” Frazier said, after scoring on a 1-yard run with 17 seconds left to lift Towson to a 35-31 victory over Eastern Washington in a Football Championship Subdivision semifinal game on Saturday.
Full story ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2013/12/21/towson-stuns-eastern-washington?blog=2#more8633)

That's all I'm saying

Professor Chaos
December 26th, 2013, 01:32 PM
If Frazier doesn't have the arm strength or accuracy that Athens has as I've heard it'll matter. Towson needs a QB that can hold the NDSU safeties and LBs away from the LOS as much as possible. A mobile QB doesn't do that. They can try running the read option with him and hoping that an NDSU defender misses an assignment but I wouldn't bank on that. I don't care how good West is, if his QB can't make the Bison D honest it won't matter what the gameplan is.

Wilson16
December 26th, 2013, 01:35 PM
(http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_champs_records/2013/d1/html/12-21-13.h)Towson Stuns Eastern Washington (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2013/12/21/towson-stuns-eastern-washington?blog=2)

Towson scored the first 21 points of the game, gave up 31 straight points, and then scored the final two touchdowns late for the win.
http://sports.cbsimg.net/u/photos/football/college/img24383574.jpg

With Towson starting quarterback Peter Athens out of the game with a shoulder injury, backup Connor Frazier got some simple instructions from coach Rob Ambrose.

“He said let’s have some fun,” Frazier said, after scoring on a 1-yard run with 17 seconds left to lift Towson to a 35-31 victory over Eastern Washington in a Football Championship Subdivision semifinal game on Saturday.
Full story ... (http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/log/index.php/2013/12/21/towson-stuns-eastern-washington?blog=2#more8633)

Well I hope he has fun. He's not playing EWU's defense unless I'm mistaken ;)

Wallace
December 26th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Well I hope he has fun. He's not playing EWU's defense unless I'm mistaken ;)

you are not mistaken ;)

Wilson16
December 26th, 2013, 01:38 PM
you are not mistaken ;)
We'll finally you've given us some substance :)

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2013, 01:46 PM

Oh I get it. Trust some, just a crack that allowed Delaware to seep into the thread

Wallace
December 26th, 2013, 01:47 PM
We'll finally you've given us some substance :)

glad to help out newbies, stick around another decade and help out others too! xpeacex

Wilson16
December 26th, 2013, 01:52 PM
glad to help out newbies, stick around another decade and help out others too! xpeacex
Working for a large corporation as I do new blood is always good and brings up the IQ/Performance of any organization xthumbsupx

Wallace
December 26th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Oh I get it. Trust some, just a crack that allowed Delaware to seep into the thread

Hen, you are seeping into every championship thread. lol This thread is about Towson and NDSU. Tigers and Bison.

Wallace
December 26th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Working for a large corporation as I do new blood is always good and brings up the IQ/Performance of any organization xthumbsupx

Well, that's debatable but I like reading and chatting with enthusiastic newcomers. Happy holidays!

Wilson16
December 26th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Well, that's debatable but I like reading and chatting with enthusiastic newcomers. Happy holidays!
Merry Xmas to you too and no it's not debatable. Its been proven true at my company. But hey you keep hanging in the 70's.

Wallace
December 26th, 2013, 02:13 PM
Merry Xmas to you too and no it's not debatable. Its been proven true at my company. But hey you keep hanging in the 70's.

Realize this, everything is debatable. Welcome to the real world. Because it happens in your yard does not mean it is true all over the world. After working in 19 countries, I give you this advice. If you think it is "hanging in the 70's" advice then you are in danger.

I think NDSU wins again, on-topic.

Wilson16
December 26th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Realize this, everything is debatable. Welcome to the real world. Because it happens in your yard does not mean it is true all over the world. After working in 19 countries, I give you this advice. If you think it is "hanging in the 70's" advice then you are in danger.

I think NDSU wins again, on-topic.
Thanks for welcoming me to the real world but Please elaborate. New ideas and different ways of doing things (diversity/inclusion) are not a positive? Not sure what countries you've worked in but I'm willing to bet some of them could use some new ways of viewing things. Unless you think stoning/flogging people is still a proper way to do things. Danger, nope I'm good

edit. I think NDSU wins too. Only because they are willing to adjust on the fly and have brought in the best talent/coaching possible in an area that nobody would think possible of doing so (I mean it is very close to a third world country here) and believing it can happen. Since we're getting back on topic

Wilson16
December 26th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Thanks for welcoming me to the real world but Please elaborate. New ideas and different ways of doing things (diversity/inclusion) are not a positive? Not sure what countries you've worked in but I'm willing to bet some of them could use some new ways of viewing things. Unless you think stoning/flogging people is still a proper way to do things. Danger, nope I'm good

edit. I think NDSU wins too. Only because they are willing to adjust on the fly and have brought in the best talent/coaching possible in an area that nobody would think possible of doing so (I mean it is very close to a third world country here) and believing it can happen. Since we're getting back on topic

Edit again - I would think a founder of anything would hope this would be the case. Boot me if you will but change and different view points are real world.

Bisonator
December 26th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Does Towson blitz a lot? What is there base defense?

DoubleH
December 26th, 2013, 02:43 PM
A look at the numbers between the almighty West and the duo of Ojuri/Crockett.
Disclaimer: Ojuri/Crockett compiled most of these stats in the very weak MVFC.

Att/Yards/Ave/Tds/Long/AveGm

West : 364/2295/6.3/38/79/163.9

Ojuri/Crockett : 380/2505/6.6/19/73/179.0

God I can't even keep up with this thread. I come on Monday after the semis and it's 35 pages long, takes me till now to get caught up... and now it's 58 pages long. So many individual posts I want to respond to, but I simply don't have the time. However, I would like to point out that comparing your 2-headed RB attack to only one of our guys is not fair. If we add our #2 back Darius Victor in, then the numbers look like this (yards and TDs updated as well):

West/Victor : 484/3038/6.3/47/79/202.5

*Disclaimer: West/Victor compiled most of these stats in the very weak CAA.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 26th, 2013, 02:47 PM
God I can't even keep up with this thread. I come on Monday after the semis and it's 35 pages long, takes me till now to get caught up... and now it's 58 pages long. So many individual posts I want to respond to, but I simply don't have the time. However, I would like to point out that comparing your 2-headed RB attack to only one of our guys is not fair. If we add our #2 back Darius Victor in, then the numbers look like this (yards and TDs updated as well):

West/Victor : 484/3038/6.3/47/79/202.5

*Disclaimer: West/Victor compiled most of these stats in the very weak CAA.

My prediction for West is 42 yds.

Zenner got 4
Taliaferro got 53

In order to hold the top 3 rushers under 100 yds combined, they need to keep west to 42 or fewer.

DoubleH
December 26th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Plenty of Tiger fans around but like said before, this thread has become a pissing match, not real enjoyable to read

Yeah this. I am posting my game thoughts in the other thread.

DoubleH
December 26th, 2013, 02:52 PM
My prediction for West is 42 yds.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

deez_na
December 26th, 2013, 02:54 PM
xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

SDSU fans laughed too.

Bisonator
December 26th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I predicted West gets 16 Zenners or 64 yards.

DoubleH
December 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM

I agree with the matchup analysis but not the prediction. We are very solid against the run.

DoubleH
December 26th, 2013, 03:01 PM
SDSU fans laughed too.

Awesome. We're not SDSU, and Zenner is not West.

deez_na
December 26th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Awesome. We're not SDSU, and Zenner is not West.

Up til the playoffs started Zenner was the leading rusher so he may not be West but he had more yards than West.

Professor Chaos
December 26th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I agree with the matchup analysis but not the prediction. We are very solid against the run.
Southern Illinois' defense was 18th in the nation against the run this year giving up 122.8 ypg (about 1.5 yards more per game than Towson). NDSU ran for 331 against them which raised SIU's average 20 yards on the season by itself. The point being that Towson, like many of NDSU's opponents, is going to have to stack the box to stop the run. If they do they'll be opening their already porous pass defense even more for Jensen and company to attack through the air. Towson's best defense is LSD (long sustained drives - copyright EmDiggy) on offense and to do that they're going to need a balanced attack of West and company on the ground and laser like precision from whoever the starting at QB through the air.

DoubleH
December 26th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Up til the playoffs started Zenner was the leading rusher so he may not be West but he had more yards than West.

Incorrect. West led the nation in rushing during the regular season. Zenner briefly overtook him week 1 of the post-season, but that was only because SDSU played a round 1 playoff game, while Towson had a bye.

deez_na
December 26th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Incorrect. West led the nation in rushing during the regular season. Zenner briefly overtook him week 1 of the post-season, but that was only because SDSU played a round 1 playoff game, while Towson had a bye.

Oh my bad, maybe that's what i got mixed up. Regardless they were very close. NDSU's strength is the run defense. If Towson doesn't have a strong passing game it will be very hard to beat NDSU unless you get multiple turnovers and not turn it over yourself.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 26th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Oh my bad, maybe that's what i got mixed up. Regardless they were very close. NDSU's strength is the run defense. If Towson doesn't have a strong passing game it will be very hard to beat NDSU unless you get multiple turnovers and not turn it over yourself.

In a game contested to the wire against the squishy defense of Eastern Washington, West rushed for 115 yds.

This alone makes me unconcerned.

deez_na
December 26th, 2013, 03:29 PM
In a game contested to the wire against the squishy defense of Eastern Washington, West rushed for 115 yds.

This alone makes me unconcerned.

Agree, Eastern Washington isn't very good defensively. If they hold him to 115 yards i see no reason why we can't contain him to less than 80 and i'm being respectable with that number.

Professor Chaos
December 26th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Here's an interesting nugget about this game. With the championship matchup against North Dakota St and Brock Jensen, Towson will have played the top 4 QBs in passing efficiency in the FCS in this year's playoffs:

1. Vernon Adams, Eastern Washington: 319-486 (65.64%) for 4994 yards with 55 TDs and 15 INTs for a QB rating of 183.1
2. Michael Nebrich, Fordham: 353-480 (73.54%) for 4380 yards with 35 TDs and 7 INTs for a QB rating of 171.3
3. Jimmy Garoppolo, Eastern Illinois: 375-568 (66.02%) for 5050 yards with 53 TDs and 9 INTs for a QB rating of 168.3
4. Brock Jensen, North Dakota St: 205-311 (65.92) for 2658 yards with 33 TDs and 7 INTs for a QB rating of 168.2

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/stat/1AA-indpasseff.htm

DoubleH
December 26th, 2013, 03:32 PM

West: 1,875 rushing yards in regular season
Zenner: 1,695

Not that close, but point taken. Our #2 back also rushed for 600+ yards, and he didn't even play the first two games. My point is, assume you will shut down the Towson run game at your own peril. West is not Zenner, or Talioferro, or whoever - he is better. And our O-line is not SDSUs, or Coastal's.

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Will there be enough breeze left in Fargo to power the Wind Farm once all you breezy boys depart the town limits for Fargo?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 26th, 2013, 03:35 PM

Not that close, but point taken. Our #2 back also rushed for 600+ yards, and he didn't even play the first two games. My point is, assume you will shut down the Towson run game at your own peril. West is not Zenner, or Talioferro, or whoever - he is better. And our O-line is not SDSUs, or Coastal's.

Yeah but come on.

Zenner
Taliaferro
Flanders
Bell
Swope
McKinnon

even Breitenstein didn't really have a stellar game against the Bison.

We've heard this song and dance before.

- - - Updated - - -

Will there be enough breeze left in Fargo to power the Wind Farm once all you breezy boys depart the town limits for Fargo?

Ever been to Fargo? Plenty windy there.

deez_na
December 26th, 2013, 03:35 PM

We also held Zenner to 4 yards. Give him his average against pretty much any other team and he's at pretty much the same as West. West hasn't got to face NDSU til the title game and then we will see a better comparison.

Professor Chaos
December 26th, 2013, 03:40 PM
NDSU held Zenner to 4 yards, EWU held him to 71. EWU held West to 115 so that means West will get about 5-6 yards against the Bison :D

I'm joking of course. I've already said I think West will get 80-100 yards but he'll have a lot of 1 yard, 2 yard, and negative yard rushes in there that will take Towson's offense off schedule. He'll get into the open a time or 3 to get his total number up but I think he'll need at least double those numbers for Towson to have a chance to win.

caribbeanhen
December 26th, 2013, 03:40 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Ever been to Fargo? Plenty windy there.

all you have to do is read this thread to know Fargo is a windy place, but nope, one of the few places I haven't been just yet.

darell1976
December 26th, 2013, 04:58 PM
NDSU to practice.....in Grand Forks?!?

Dom Izzo ‏@DomIzzoWDAY 3h (https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/416289498771640320) Rumble on the Red wrestling tournament at Fargodome has #NDSU (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NDSU&src=hash) practicing for next 2 days at Alerus Center in Grand Forks

Nice little coin for the Alerus. And since the Alerus Center is owned by the city of Grand Forks and NOT UND, the deal was made by the city and NDSU. Besides, nothing else going on at the Alerus, oh except Bubba Schweigert to be introduced as the new UND head coach at the Alerus on Friday. You can't make this stuff up.

Bisonator
December 26th, 2013, 05:36 PM
NDSU to practice.....in Grand Forks?!?

Nice little coin for the Alerus. And since the Alerus Center is owned by the city of Grand Forks and NOT UND, the deal was made by the city and NDSU. Besides, nothing else going on at the Alerus, oh except Bubba Schweigert to be introduced as the new UND head coach at the Alerus on Friday. You can't make this stuff up.

Seriously? Why would they need to do this at the Alerus? You do not need a 10,000 seat facility for a presser.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 26th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Seriously? Why would they need to do this at the Alerus? You do not need a 10,000 seat facility for a presser.

They wanted a championship coach in the building.

Bisonator
December 26th, 2013, 05:42 PM
They wanted a championship coach in the building.

I was talking about announcing Bubba as UN_ head coach. Why would they do that at the Alerus???

Bisonoline
December 26th, 2013, 06:00 PM
What was the rent?

darell1976
December 26th, 2013, 06:07 PM
I was talking about announcing Bubba as UN_ head coach. Why would they do that at the Alerus???

The Alerus is the home for UND football. Locker rooms, offices, media etc, is all there. I am sure the Bison can take a break during the press conference.xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

What was the rent?

Free tickets to Monster Jam next month.:D

NDSUSR
December 26th, 2013, 06:27 PM

In all fairness, Ojuri and Crockett only had to play 2 quarters per game due to blowouts all year.
West will get over 100 but it wont matter. This game is a 20+ blowout.

Gothmog
December 26th, 2013, 08:18 PM

Zenner had the disadvantage of having to play NDSU. The difference would be reversed if Towson had played NDSU and SDSU had not.

Honestly, from what I've seen, David Johnson from UNI is a better runningback than either West or Zenner.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 26th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Here's my take on West. He's good. He's really really good. I don't care what he did against this team or that team but, to a man, NDSU just makes good running backs look average. There is no reason to believe that he will not look average against NDSU.

NDSUSR
December 26th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Towson couldn't sell 3,000 tickets? They returned part of their allotment already?
Come on man....

BisonFan02
December 26th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Towson couldn't sell 3,000 tickets? They returned part of their allotment already?
Come on man....

They returned part of their allotment that was already being picked over by Bison fans....crowd is going to be interesting.

Lehigh'98
December 26th, 2013, 10:32 PM
What do you expect, they are in a pro sports town that has major college programs around. Couple that with a not so stellar football history and it's not a hot ticket. Not their fault, if they keep winning attendance will improve, but I doubt by leaps and bounds.

NDSUSR
December 26th, 2013, 10:40 PM
What do you expect, they are in a pro sports town that has major college programs around. Couple that with a not so stellar football history and it's not a hot ticket. Not their fault, if they keep winning attendance will improve, but I doubt by leaps and bounds.

Not bashing them. It's just kind of sad that with enrollment over 21,000 that 3,000 fans wont go to Frisco.

TwinCitiesBison
December 26th, 2013, 10:43 PM

Living in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, I know this to be true. All you have to look at is the lack of local interest in the Texas Bowl which the U of Minnesota is playing in tomorrow night (tickets still available on Stub Hub for 50 cents!!!) to see that this town is all about the pro sports. Oh, and I'm very aware that the lame Texas Bowl doesn't compare to the FCS Championship...but I can see the apathy angle pretty well from my point of view.

NDSUSR
December 26th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Living in the Minneapolis-St. Paul area, I know this to be true. All you have to look at is the lack of local interest in the Texas Bowl which the U of Minnesota is playing in tomorrow night (tickets still available on Stub Hub for 50 cents!!!) to see that this town is all about the pro sports. Oh, and I'm very aware that the lame Texas Bowl doesn't compare to the FCS Championship...but I can see the apathy angle pretty well from my point of view.

Minnesota has pro sports? Surely you are not talking about the Vikings, Wild or Timberwolves?
They are all great programs.. #whybother #sarcasm #lolatminnesota

I would rather watch any Gopher game.

TwinCitiesBison
December 26th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Minnesota has pro sports? Surely you are not talking about the Vikings, Wild or Timberwolves?

That's the sad part...there isn't a decent pro men's team here in the Cities and they all still crush the Gophers when it comes to attendance. I personally prefer the college scene myself...even if FBS football is ruining big-college sports.

IBleedYellow
December 26th, 2013, 11:06 PM

Woah Woah Woah. You forgot about the WBNA Lynx! 2 Time WNBA Champions!

NDSUSR
December 26th, 2013, 11:09 PM
Woah Woah Woah. You forgot about the WBNA Lynx! 2 Time WNBA Champions!

But but but... Gopher women's volleyball > Lynx.

Westby
December 27th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Wow this Thread needs me speaking of WNBA, and girls basketball? So how many yards does West need for Towson to win. I am going to say 175+

Darlinikki150
December 27th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Wow this Thread needs me speaking of WNBA, and girls basketball? So how many yards does West need for Towson to win. I am going to say 175+

Is it fun in your world? No way he goes 175, I think at most 120 and I'm being generous so not to appear as i am being disrespectful.

IBleedYellow
December 27th, 2013, 05:16 AM
It's 0515 Hrs. All your points are futile and your bases belong to me.

BisonBacker
December 27th, 2013, 07:14 AM
Is it fun in your world? No way he goes 175, I think at most 120 and I'm being generous so not to appear as i am being disrespectful.

How many people are going to keep responding to Darrel?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2013, 07:50 AM

BisonTru
December 27th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Come on man....

I personally bought 14 in their section. Pretty sure about half of their allotment went to NDSU fans.

AmsterBison
December 27th, 2013, 08:22 AM

West is an awesome back but this game isn't any different from any other - can't win on one stat alone.

Towson needs to win the turnover battle and keep NDSU under 30. Same goes for NDSU.

Hammerhead
December 27th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Most FCS teams would be lucky to have more than a few thousand fans at the championship game. Using last year's attendance figures from the NCAA, 3 of the top 10 attendance leaders and 10 of the top 30 are from conferences that don't participate in the playoffs or are moving up to FBS.

Come on man....

Professor Chaos
December 27th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Come on man....
I'm pretty sure of the tickets they sold at least half were to Bison fans. Based on what I saw available in their allotment I can't see how they'll even get to 2,000 fans total at the game next Saturday.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Most FCS teams would be lucky to have more than a few thousand fans at the championship game. Using last year's attendance figures from the NCAA, 3 of the top 10 attendance leaders and 10 of the top 30 are from conferences that don't participate in the playoffs or are moving up to FBS.

They got 13k to the EWU/Delaware game. That was the first year in Frisco

Hammerhead
December 27th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Ojuri and Crocket average more yards per carry than West.

NAME -------- RUSH - YDS ---- Average
Sam Ojuri --- 199 -- 1314 --- 6.60
John Crockett 181 -- 1191 --- 6.58
Terrance West 391 -- 2420 --- 6.18

In all fairness, Ojuri and Crockett only had to play 2 quarters per game due to blowouts all year.
West will get over 100 but it wont matter. This game is a 20+ blowout.

Wallace
December 27th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I'm pretty sure of the tickets they sold at least half were to Bison fans. Based on what I saw available in their allotment I can't see how they'll even get to 2,000 fans total at the game next Saturday.

What's the difference between a game in Chatty and a game in Frisco to a team from the East coast like Towson? I remember this was a point in moving the game to the South and Midwest.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2013, 12:08 PM

Interesting stats.

West has more carries than Ojuir/Crockett combined. Towson sure has 'rode' West this year.

Gil Dobie
December 27th, 2013, 12:13 PM

Add in Jensen's 556 yards on 96 carries and you are looking at a pretty good backfield.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2013, 12:24 PM

Towson has one more game than NDSU on the season.

Another interesting stat. NDSU is averaging 260 ypg and Towson only 248

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2013, 12:26 PM
They returned part of their allotment that was already being picked over by Bison fans....crowd is going to be interesting.

If Towson has 2K fans at Frisco I would be surprised. Probably 1K.

IBleedYellow
December 27th, 2013, 12:40 PM

But because it's one back it's more amazing.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Hammerhead
December 27th, 2013, 01:19 PM
40 sacks of potatoes and 3 pages from the NDSU playbook.

What was the rent?

underdawg
December 27th, 2013, 01:54 PM
The 2014 Football season can't get here to soon for this boardxlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2013, 02:11 PM
The 2014 Football season can't get here to soon for this boardxlolx

I only care about one game in 2014

UIWWildthing
December 27th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I only care about one game in 2014
100% agree

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2013, 03:02 PM
100% agree

So, to resurrect an earlier conversation, how many Towson AGS'ers are coming to Frisco? Not a lot of talk on their board about anything, really.

Wilson16
December 27th, 2013, 03:31 PM
This thread has gotten so boring (man I miss GSU already) that I might even turn on a useless bowl game :(

Darlinikki150
December 27th, 2013, 03:49 PM
It is boring, I even miss the Kitty Cat fans. At least they talked smack, not much football but some funny one liners at least.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2013, 03:50 PM
It is boring, I even miss the Kitty Cat fans. At least they talked smack, not much football but some funny one liners at least.

To hell with these guys. I'll be warming up about this time next week for a 36 hr party!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Just get mpls to post in this thread and it will take off right away...xnodx

BisonFan02
December 27th, 2013, 03:59 PM
http://i633.photobucket.com/albums/uu55/aridgers/AwesomeThread.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2013, 04:01 PM

I wish. Gonna be a long week.

Hammerhead
December 27th, 2013, 04:05 PM
The short arms on a T-rex might be good for using the hand controls, but there is no way its gigantic legs could fit in a modern cockpit.

UIWWildthing
December 27th, 2013, 05:09 PM
So, to resurrect an earlier conversation, how many Towson AGS'ers are coming to Frisco? Not a lot of talk on their board about anything, really.
If I had the money and time I would be in a heartbeat. Just started a new job after being out of work for months, so I got to make sure the family is taken care of

TennBison
December 27th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Towson has one more game than NDSU on the season.

Another interesting stat. NDSU is averaging 260 ypg and Towson only 248
So West accounts for 75% or more of their rushing yards and 40-45% of their offense?

Bronco
December 27th, 2013, 05:13 PM
If Towson has 2K fans at Frisco I would be surprised. Probably 1K.

I keep thinking about this clip when I think of someone describing where the Towson fans are sitting in that large stadium surrounded by Bizon fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUQkbXWwJhQ

caribbeanhen
December 27th, 2013, 05:23 PM
If I had the money and time I would be in a heartbeat. Just started a new job after being out of work for months, so I got to make sure the family is taken care of

take em with you, they will never forget it....

DoubleH
December 27th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Come on man....

What is your source for this info?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2013, 05:43 PM
What is your source for this info?

They stopped selling tickets yesterday (I bought two out of their allotment) and they go on sale to the general public tomorrow.

The only seats (not SRO) that were left were from the 6k allotted to the team. NDSU got 6000 requests for their 3000 seats.

No_Skill
December 27th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Just get mpls to post in this thread and it will take off right away...xnodx

I think an indoor practice facility is a complete waste of resources.

BlackAndGold
December 27th, 2013, 06:17 PM
They stopped selling tickets yesterday (I bought two out of their allotment) and they go on sale to the general public tomorrow.

The only seats (not SRO) that were left were from the 6k allotted to the team. NDSU got 6000 requests for their 3000 seats.

Towson may not have as many people there as the Bisons, but i guarantee we will be louder and rowdier. LETS GOOOOO TU

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Towson may not have as many people there as the Bisons, but i guarantee we will be louder and rowdier. LETS GOOOOO TU

Are you kidding? In Frisco we are...

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/2726241280/h1564DAB2/

caribbeanhen
December 27th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Hey Bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz

sorry, must of dozed off.

DoubleH
December 27th, 2013, 06:41 PM

Yeah thought so. You don't really have a "source". I do. My source in Towson says we've sold our 3k. It appears from this thread some NDSU guys were able to get some of ours before they stopped processing to ND addresses, but it looks like we'll have at least a few thousand down there. Maybe would have been more had you guys not bought out all the general public tickets in August or whenever.

Anyways, should be a packed house. Looking forward to it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Yeah thought so. You don't really have a "source". I do. My source in Towson says we've sold our 3k. It appears from this thread some NDSU guys were able to get some of ours before they stopped processing to ND addresses, but it looks like we'll have at least a few thousand down there. Maybe would have been more had you guys not bought out all the general public tickets in August or whenever.

Had you sold yours out, there would be none for sale tomorrow. This is your first time so I get that you don't understand the NC ticket dynamic. We're in the front row of section 124. Come say hi.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Bizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzz

sorry, must of dozed off.

Fall asleep waiting for next season?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2013, 07:11 PM

Stop by section 127.....well a lot (most) of the Towson side will be Bison fans.

IBleedYellow
December 27th, 2013, 07:32 PM

The fact I was able to but any ticket I wanted in 123, 124, and 125 tells me otherwise. Nice source, though.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2013, 07:36 PM
The fact I was able to but any ticket I wanted in 123, 124, and 125 tells me otherwise. Nice source, though.

With how many tickets NDSU fans have in the Towson sections, there will not be 3K Towson fans. When I got mine, there were a lot of tickets available.

Gil Dobie
December 27th, 2013, 07:39 PM
With how many tickets NDSU fans have in the Towson sections, there will not be 3K Towson fans. When I got mine, there were a lot of tickets available.

I am hearing from ALL Towson fans that is not true, they sold ALL their tickets ;)

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Yeah thought so. You don't really have a "source".
The source is the Washington Post and the Towson Alumni FB page (I dont see it now though). Towson returned hundreds, so they sold 2,000 at least.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 27th, 2013, 07:41 PM
I am hearing from ALL Towson fans that is not true, they sold ALL their tickets ;)

You going to the game?

IBleedYellow
December 27th, 2013, 07:43 PM
So does them selling their allotment to NDSU fans count I their totals? Because if that does then it makes sense.

Gil Dobie
December 27th, 2013, 07:52 PM
You going to the game?

No, and I'm not going to get to watch it live either.

Professor Chaos
December 27th, 2013, 08:03 PM

Towson may have sold close to their allotment but a lot of them weren't bought by Towson fans. From about 5PM Christmas Eve until yesterday at 4PM the link to buy tickets from the Towson allotment was posted all over Bisonville and Bison fans were gobbling up those tickets.

tjamz
December 27th, 2013, 08:07 PM

Didn't help that Zenner only had 4 against NDSU. That cuts into the averages/totals quite a bit.

BisonTru
December 27th, 2013, 08:47 PM

Towson did not sell all of their allotment. There were about 600 tickets available at 5pm on Thursday (the deadline.) If they wouldn't have shut out NDSU for a couple days they could have sold them all. Anyway half your tickets went to bison fans, that's my conservative estimate. How do I know this? Holidays with the in laws, pretty much sat on the PC looking at what ever I could to pass the time.

Westby
December 27th, 2013, 09:31 PM
I am tired of Bison fans going nuts about how they have stopped all these runnings backs and teams. You can't describe West to Zenner swope flanders. West is a legit NFL talent. NDSU will not stop WEST and they better score some points and be productive with their drives because Wests running is going to help the Tigers own the TOP and ultimately have a good chance to win

NoDak 4 Ever
December 27th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I am tired of Bison fans going nuts about how they have stopped all these runnings backs and teams. You can't describe West to Zenner swope flanders. West is a legit NFL talent. NDSU will not stop WEST and they better score some points and be productive with their drives because Wests running is going to help the Tigers own the TOP and ultimately have a good chance to win

Are you typing this stuff or just copy/pasting from other NDSU threads?

BisonTru
December 27th, 2013, 09:53 PM
[QUO TE=Westby;2081708]I am tired of Bison fans going nuts about how they have stopped all these runnings backs and teams. You can't describe West to Zenner swope flanders. West is a legit NFL talent. NDSU will not stop WEST and they better score some points and be productive with their drives because Wests running is going to help the Tigers own the TOP and ultimately have a good chance to win[/QUOTE]

Oh how this reminds me of kansas state. "We have NFL talent." Good for you, if you can't move the ball threw the air this is a blow out. Period.

Gil Dobie
December 27th, 2013, 09:55 PM

If by some slim chance the Bison do stop West and win, will you be here on January 5th to congratulate the Bison, or will you disappear?

NDSUSR
December 27th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Towson may have sold close to their allotment but a lot of them weren't bought by Towson fans. From about 5PM Christmas Eve until yesterday at 4PM the link to buy tickets from the Towson allotment was posted all over Bisonville and Bison fans were gobbling up those tickets.

I find this hilarious from the Towson board:
Someone remind this genius that they returned tickets to the NCAA due to not selling them all.

__________________________________________________ __________________

aresef (http://boards.caazone.com/member.php?60183-aresef)
http://boards.caazone.com/images/statusicon/user-offline.png Walk-on

Join DateSep 2010LocationTowson, MDPosts221

http://boards.caazone.com/images/icons/icon1.png
http://boards.caazone.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by lakesbison http://boards.caazone.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://boards.caazone.com/showthread.php?p=1914031#post1914031)
There are literally hundreds of face value tickets on fargo craigslist, they might sell to you, especially since a lot of them bought towson sections and want to trade up to Bison sideline.

__________________________________________________ _______________

Not sure about the last part, but I know there were jerks on Bisonville (and likely elsewhere) mobbing our allotment and possibly making it harder for our fans to get tickets.

The artist formerly known as T-Patcher

Wilson16
December 27th, 2013, 10:53 PM

They give up 22 first downs a game. How do you possibly think they will win TOP ?????

Bisonator
December 28th, 2013, 11:38 AM

xlolx

Texas
December 28th, 2013, 11:58 AM

Flanders isn't?
Vs EWU he had 280yrds 8.8 average 2 TDs, and 32 touches

West vs EWU had 115 yrds 4.3 average 2 TDs and 27 touches

EWU had a taste of Flanders twice.
NDSU will stop West.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 28th, 2013, 03:06 PM

What is the color of the sky in your world?

Gil Dobie
December 28th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Still another week to wait for the next game...........................Anticipation, reminds me of the old Heinz commercials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoLoyg3JKRQ

UIWWildthing
December 28th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Was thinking this too today. Can't wait for this game, win or lose I'm proud to be a fan of a team playing for the national title. You never know then this will happen again

Darlinikki150
December 28th, 2013, 09:39 PM
This thread is officially dead!! Cmon guys let's liven it up. Its about -40 here in Fargo and we are 1 week and away from the game. Certainly we can find somn to talk about....

UIWWildthing
December 28th, 2013, 10:07 PM
This thread is officially dead!! Cmon guys let's liven it up. Its about -40 here in Fargo and we are 1 week and away from the game. Certainly we can find somn to talk about....
I had to look at that. -36 wind chill, no thank you! It's a balmy 47 here, and speaking of weather looking like upper 50's no rain for Saturday in Frisco

Scooter
December 28th, 2013, 10:34 PM

Maybe if Zenner was in the CAA he would have had 2000+ for the regular season.

Swope is a HUGE talent.

Tim Flanders is one of the top FCS backs ever.

To say otherwise just makes you sound stupid, Westby.

Westby
December 29th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Yeah because those backs will be playing in the NFL. NDSU will not be able to tackle west with their undersized linebackers and safetys no matter how "good" they are. West is too tough. Towsons line will get a push on the line and West will do much better then flanders, swope, zenner, and even indiana states back that had success against the Bisons

NDSUSR
December 29th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Yeah because those backs will be playing in the NFL. NDSU will not be able to tackle west with their undersized linebackers and safetys no matter how "good" they are. West is too tough. Towsons line will get a push on the line and West will do much better then flanders, swope, zenner, and even indiana states back that had success against the Bisons

So how much are you willing to lay down on this?

Darlinikki150
December 29th, 2013, 01:30 AM

Why do you think that? What dline has Towson played that is comparable to NDSU? No smack, but I just don't see it.

Westby
December 29th, 2013, 01:35 AM
What do you have in mind? Well I look at it more in the sense Towson has a really big mobile and veteran line. And has had success against good teams. Looking specifically at NDSUs line they have big active dts and good fast ends but I don't see why the tigers wont be able to hold their own against the Bisons line

Darlinikki150
December 29th, 2013, 02:05 AM
What do you have in mind? Well I look at it more in the sense Towson has a really big mobile and veteran line. And has had success against good teams. Looking specifically at NDSUs line they have big active dts and good fast ends but I don't see why the tigers wont be able to hold their own against the Bisons line

So you have no comparison? Everything you said could be said about the Bison dline. Mobile and veteran- check. We hold the edges well and plug the middle as evidenced by numbers a year.I think it will be much more difficult than what you think. I'm sure coaches are watching film and I'm pumped to see if they can find a scheme to get 150 yards on us. West may well be the best running in the FCS but running into the best defense will be a challenge for him and the oline.

DJKyR0
December 29th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Avatar bet: if West gets less than a hundred yards OR zero touchdowns, Westby changes his avatar to Adam Carolla's ass.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2013, 07:51 AM

Bison not bisons.....

NDSU has the #1 defense in the FCS and the #1 against the run. I'm sure they are up for the challenge...xrolleyesx

swaghook
December 29th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Avatar bet: if West gets less than a hundred yards OR zero touchdowns, Westby changes his avatar to Adam Carolla's ass.

He won't be back after the game if Towson loses.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2013, 08:50 AM
He won't be back after Towson is trailing.

FIFY

Gil Dobie
December 29th, 2013, 09:04 AM
I looked at all Westby's 36 posts, 35 in this thread. All comments are general pro Towson, or slams at NDSU. Sounds like an anti-NDSU fan more than a Towson fan.

Laker
December 29th, 2013, 09:06 AM

-9 with -16 windchill at 9 AM here. How many NDSU fans watched K-State dismantle Michigan last night? The Wildcats looked a lot better against the Wolverines than they did against the Bison.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 29th, 2013, 09:09 AM
-9 with -16 windchill at 9 AM here. How many NDSU fans watched K-State dismantle Michigan last night? The Wildcats looked a lot better against the Wolverines than they did against the Bison.

-9...that's it?......xthumbsupx

-25 here this morning in NW MN.....love it!!!

Michigan did start a FR QB last night but K-State did look good.

TennBison
December 29th, 2013, 10:12 AM
I looked at all Westby's 36 posts, 35 in this thread. All comments are general pro Towson, or slams at NDSU. Sounds like an anti-NDSU fan more than a Towson fan.
He only joined a week ago, so pretty much only joined after his team made it to the Natty. Therefore not even a real fan of his team to begin with, and is only here to talk smack. Once NDSU has the game won chances are we won't hear from him for quite a while, kind of like Chattownmoc(who is laughing at him now).

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2013, 10:21 AM
He only joined a week ago, so pretty much only joined after his team made it to the Natty. Therefore not even a real fan of his team to begin with, and is only here to talk smack. Once NDSU has the game won chances are we won't hear from him for quite a while, kind of like Chattownmoc(who is laughing at him now).

There were more than a couple of those Sammy guys last couple of years too. They aren't entirely uncommon. Unfortunately there aren't many Towson fans here so his is the only voice.

Lehigh'98
December 29th, 2013, 10:27 AM
He's obviously a fan out west of a NDSU rival. He has stated he has watched multiple NDSU regular season games this year. I highly doubt any Towson fan did that.

Bisonator
December 29th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Westby is clearly a UN_ troll masquerading as a Towson fan to troll this board and NDSU fans. Several things lead me to believe this: He brought up a lot of NDSU games, he bashed the MVFC, he brought up the petition fraud and best buy crap and the most notable of UN_ alums his posts are filled with grammatical errors! xlolx

Darlinikki150
December 29th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Good lord its cold! West answered my post last night pretty well, maybe he's simmering down in his old AGS age lol

AmsterBison
December 29th, 2013, 12:23 PM

Most teams look better when they are playing somebody other than the Bison. :)

That said, I expect a whale of a game on Saturday. West is one of the best backs I've seen at the FCS level - he's the full package and you gotta like an offensive line that has four seniors on it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Most teams look better when they are playing somebody other than the Bison. :)

That said, I expect a whale of a game on Saturday. West is one of the best backs I've seen at the FCS level - he's the full package and you gotta like an offensive line that has four seniors on it.

This is how I expect it to go. I sober up way too much in the first half then start to feel a little hungover towards the end of the game. I do not want to have to work very hard in the 2nd half. :D

ColgateTD
December 29th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Good luck to both teams. Should be a whale of a game. I like Towson by about 3+ pts. West will not be stopped.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Good luck to both teams. Should be a whale of a game. I like Towson by about 3+ pts. West will not be stopped.

That's funny. If EWWWW can hold him to 115 yds, that means the Bison can hold him to well under that.

Texas
December 29th, 2013, 01:46 PM

Flanders is going to the NFL, only reason he wasn't top consideration for Payton was an injury.

Bison snuffed out our running game twice which is way more prolific than Towson's. Bison D had only gotten better since then.

Lehigh'98
December 29th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Westby is clearly a UN_ troll masquerading as a Towson fan to troll this board and NDSU fans. Several things lead me to believe this: He brought up a lot of NDSU games, he bashed the MVFC, he brought up the petition fraud and best buy crap and the most notable of UN_ alums his posts are filled with grammatical errors! xlolx

Why do all NDSU fans write UN_ when speaking of North Dakota? Is it some gay 3rd grade refuse to write out Dakota thing?

Darlinikki150
December 29th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Why do all NDSU fans write UN_ when speaking of North Dakota? Is it some gay 3rd grade refuse to write out Dakota thing?

I always thought it was cuz they don't have or play defense. Perhaps I'm wrong...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2013, 04:05 PM

Kind of like using gay to speak negatively about something?

Gil Dobie
December 29th, 2013, 04:09 PM
I always thought it was cuz they don't have or play defense. Perhaps I'm wrong...

Exactly, UN no D :)

Lehigh'98
December 29th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Kind of like using gay to speak negatively about something?

You are correct that was politically incompetent on my part, sorry if I offended.

Darlinikki150
December 29th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Exactly, UN no D :)

Yay I was right!!!

Texas
December 29th, 2013, 04:48 PM

Pretty much, like Aggie fans here instead of calling U of Texas UT they call them TU. Same stupid circle jerk applies here when they say UN_.

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2013, 05:12 PM

I tried to initiate some FCS talk at work this weekend, needless to say it didn't go well..... I'll save the narrative of that conversation as I'm sure you can guess most of it..

UIWWildthing
December 29th, 2013, 05:16 PM
You mean I have to wait until next year for this game? :)

JSUBison
December 29th, 2013, 05:32 PM

I was leaning towards screaming eagle.

Wilson16
December 29th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Pretty much, like Aggie fans here instead of calling U of Texas UT they call them TU. Same stupid circle jerk applies here when they say UN_.
You seem like an expert on circle jerks

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2013, 05:34 PM
You mean I have to wait until next year for this game? :)

You know after you guys choked it up against Delaware, if someone would have told me Towson was going to Frisco.... I would have laughed but congrats on getting there anyway. Of course I'll be pulling for the CAA team, no matter how bad this might look right now for Towson I harken back to ..... but they play in the CAA, they gotta chance.

Wilson16
December 29th, 2013, 05:35 PM
I was leaning towards screaming eagle.

Screaming beagle does make sense but i don't think he's come out from under the bed at his moms house since the choke fest on the tampon field

UIWWildthing
December 29th, 2013, 05:39 PM
You know after you guys choked it up against Delaware, if someone would have told me Towson was going to Frisco.... I would have laughed but congrats on getting there anyway. Of course I'll be pulling for the CAA team, no matter how bad this might look right now for Towson I harken back to ..... but they play in the CAA, they gotta chance.
Well even with the loss to the Chickens I thought this team could make a run. I don't think they win Saturday, they just have the unfortunate luck to run into one of the best FCS/I-AA teams ever in the final, but we got there.

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2013, 05:46 PM
I don't think they win Saturday, they just have the unfortunate luck to run into one of the best FCS/I-AA teams ever in the final, but we got there.

well your dwelling in reality with that prediction but you know what.... I'm not sure the Bison really are an FCS team, where there's smoke there's fire.....

ThompsonThe
December 29th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Should be a good game hopefully. Just do not want a blow out for TV ratings.
Towson's AD is an App grad, if he is still there, so guess will pull for them.
But NDSU has been some great teams so they do deserve to win a third straight.
Hate they are losing their coach, but successor should have it easier to keep up the program
than before this run started. Looking forward to sitting back and watching an interesting game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2013, 05:53 PM
well your dwelling in reality with that prediction but you know what.... I'm not sure the Bison really are an FCS team, where there's smoke there's fire.....

This meme, for lack of a better word, puzzles me. Are they not a FCS team because they have more scholarships? Is it just because they perform better than most FCS teams? NDSU has a student population of 14,000 or so, a budget that is in line with several other FCS schools, and a stadium capacity that isn't even in the top 30.

What makes NDSU "not FCS"?

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2013, 05:57 PM
This meme, for lack of a better word, puzzles me. Are they not a FCS team because they have more scholarships? Is it just because they perform better than most FCS teams? NDSU has a student population of 14,000 or so, a budget that is in line with several other FCS schools, and a stadium capacity that isn't even in the top 30.

the comment is all about the product on the field, just seems to good for FCS......so good in fact that it raises suspicion. Like an illegal monopoly or something.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2013, 06:00 PM
the comment is all about the product on the field, just seems to good for FCS......so good in fact that it raises suspicion. Like an illegal monopoly or something.

The only monopoly that exists is that of people like you over sour grapes.

thebootfitter
December 29th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Or is it possibly some underhanded way of suggesting that NDSU has been cheating somehow?

Winning tradition, championship history, recruiting well, good coaching and working hard can go a long way.

thebootfitter
December 29th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Oh... Do explain. Please.

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2013, 06:05 PM
The only monopoly that exists is that of people like you over sour grapes.

I'm really not sour, I enjoy playoff football even when my team's not playing which is becoming a habit..... but this North Dakota State team is in a league of it's own, there dominance has kind of taken some of the fun out of the playoffs..... just go to the Big 10 and play teams of similar talent and leave the FCS playoffs to the rest of us

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Or is it possibly some underhanded way of suggesting that NDSU has been cheating somehow?

no no no, of course not xnodx

thebootfitter
December 29th, 2013, 06:12 PM
...just go to the Big 10 and play teams of similar talent and leave the FCS playoffs to the rest of us
Kind words toward NDSU from caribbeanhen... Not sure what to make of that. Even if you're being genuine, I think you must realize it is not as simple as you make it out to be. I suspect NDSU would love to be in the B1G . Give them another 22 scholarships, several facilities upgrades and a huge increase in financial support, and I suspect they'd be pretty competitive in a BCS football conference like the B1G. I doubt any of the schools in the B1G would want NDSU in the conference. They are not quite a peer institution.

Hammerhead
December 29th, 2013, 06:27 PM
K-State managed a whopping 41 rushing yards (and 321 total yards) against NDSU. K-State put up more rushing and more total yards in their bowl game vs. Michigan.

Why do you think that? What dline has Towson played that is comparable to NDSU? No smack, but I just don't see it.

Bisonator
December 29th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I'm really not sour, I enjoy playoff football even when my team's not playing which is becoming a habit..... but this North Dakota State team is in a league of it's own, there dominance has kind of taken some of the fun out of the playoffs..... just go to the Big 10 and play teams of similar talent and leave the FCS playoffs to the rest of us

Well maybe your teams should be more competitive. The playoff games probably would have been closer had there been another MVFC team or 2 in them rather then weak ass CAA teams! :D

caribbeanhen
December 29th, 2013, 06:54 PM
Well maybe your teams should be more competitive. The playoff games probably would have been closer had there been another MVFC team or 2 in them rather then weak ass CAA teams! :D

Actually if I was king, I would set up a CAA vs MVFC opening day say in 2014 (I know the skeds are already set) kind of like the Bball Big 10 vs ACC.... Now that would be fun except for the Rhode Island vs bad MFVC team...

TwinCitiesBison
December 29th, 2013, 07:01 PM

The important thing to remember is that FCS football is generally cyclical. What the Bison have had for 3 years with this particular group of seniors is something that no one should or probably could expect from one group. While I expect them to still have a great deal of talent coming back next year, I don't expect anywhere near the same production or outcomes as the past 3 years. I think FCS is a perfect fit for NDSU and will find great joy in the rivalries and competition going forward.

Westby
December 29th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Bisons have had a good season, but I am especting Towson to come out hot. I am looking for a little Bison let down they have played well but are due for a letdown. Yes they have a lot of good srs but so does every team. Towson will be ready and me along with the 1500 other towson fans will be loud and confident we can pull it out.

Westby
December 29th, 2013, 08:14 PM
I am expecting Towsons running game to smash NDSU in the mouth and NDSU to not play their best game. After rewatching the last two national ships I saw Jensen has not had good games. All of the breaks went to NDSU especially last year. (Bull**** penalty on flanders run, crazy interception, etc.) I along with the other yelling towson fans will be confident we can puller out

Scooter
December 29th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Bisons have had a good season, but I am especting Towson to come out hot. I am looking for a little Bison let down they have played well but are due for a letdown. Yes they have a lot of good srs but so does every team. Towson will be ready and me along with the 1500 other towson fans will be loud and confident we can pull it out.

Did you say 1500? Did you forget a zero? I could get 2500 fans to show up at 2 AM in -10 degree weather to welcome back another championship to Fargo...here, let me prove it.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Did you say 1500? Did you forget a zero? I could get 2500 fans to show up at 2 AM in -10 degree weather to welcome back another championship to Fargo...here, let me prove it.

He didn't forget a zero, he added one.

TwinCitiesBison
December 29th, 2013, 08:41 PM

What's shocking is that Bison fans have been told that NDSU is due for a letdown for the past...what, 12 weeks? One day you'll be right...but don't think you're the first one to think that.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 29th, 2013, 08:43 PM
What's shocking is that Bison fans have been told that NDSU is due for a letdown for the past...what, 12 weeks? One day you'll be right...but don't think you're the first one to think that.

Way longer than that. In 2011 they said "we'll just do it like Youngstown", in 2012 they said "we'll just do it like Indiana State", now this year they're saying "you're due".

Bisonoline
December 29th, 2013, 09:40 PM

Yeah what happened to all of the east coast bravado?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 30th, 2013, 07:14 AM

More like all 500 Towson fans....xlolx

BisonBacker
December 30th, 2013, 08:19 AM
I am expecting Towsons running game to smash NDSU in the mouth and NDSU to not play their best game. After rewatching the last two national ships I saw Jensen has not had good games. All of the breaks went to NDSU especially last year. (Bull**** penalty on flanders run, crazy interception, etc.) I along with the other yelling towson fans will be confident we can puller out
You sure you won't be trolling around a UND hockey game??? xsmugx

deez_na
December 30th, 2013, 08:22 AM

LMAO, holy for bs and excuses. You high on something?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2013, 08:23 AM
You sure you won't be trolling around a UND hockey game??? xsmugx

Why do all his emails sound like they were written by a Nigerian prince?

http://www.allspammedup.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Nigerian-Prince-Follow-Up.jpg

Tutiger10
December 30th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Attendance won't be as bad as you think for Towson. While it will not compare to the mass of NDSU fans we should have about 2500 fans plus 6 charter buses full of students coming down.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Attendance won't be as bad as you think for Towson. While it will not compare to the mass of NDSU fans we should have about 2500 fans plus 6 charter buses full of students coming down.

I'm asking honestly, on what are you basing this assumption?

Mr. C
December 30th, 2013, 10:05 AM
While it wasn't this season, the Towson o-line did have the challenge of going up against LSU and Kent State, both very good defensive lines, in 2012 (I was at both games). Towson was held to 70 yards rushing against the Golden Flashes (West had 14 carries for 31 yards, but did score two TDs), but Towson managed 188 yards on 40 carries against LSU. West had 79 yards on 22 carries and a couple of TDs against LSU. A couple of things to note on those comparisons, West is a much more polished back and has his head in a much better place this season than he did in 2012. The Towson o-line now has a year more of experience and a lot more depth. The one downside to the comparison is that Grant Enders was a much better/more athletic QB than either Peter Athens, or Connor Frazier are at the present time. But both Athens and Frazier can run enough to keep a defense honest.

The flip side of things may be that this is the best offensive line that the NDSU defensive front will see all season.

The thing that has impressed me more about NDSU's front is that the Bison are able to put a lot of pressure consistently on quarterbacks to disrupt the passing game. I think Towson's ability to pass, particular on long-yaradge situations, and its ability to protect the QB will be more telling about the Tigers' success on Saturday.

Tutiger10
December 30th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Talk from the athletic dept and our boosters programs put the estimate at around 2500. The 6 buses of students are a done deal already per towsonsga twitter account

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2013, 10:13 AM
While it wasn't this season, the Towson o-line did have the challenge of going up against LSU and Kent State, both very good defensive lines, in 2012 (I was at both games). Towson was held to 70 yards rushing against the Golden Flashes (West had 14 carries for 31 yards, but did score two TDs), but Towson managed 188 yards on 40 carries against LSU. West had 79 yards on 22 carries and a couple of TDs against LSU. A couple of things to note on those comparisons, West is a much more polished back and has his head in a much better place this season than he did in 2012. The Towson o-line now has a year more of experience and a lot more depth. The one downside to the comparison is that Grant Enders was a much better/more athletic QB than either Peter Athens, or Connor Frazier are at the present time. But both Athens and Frazier can run enough to keep a defense honest.

The flip side of things may be that this is the best offensive line that the NDSU defensive front will see all season.

The thing that has impressed me more about NDSU's front is that the Bison are able to put a lot of pressure consistently on quarterbacks to disrupt the passing game. I think Towson's ability to pass, particular on long-yaradge situations, and its ability to protect the QB will be more telling about the Tigers' success on Saturday.

I said this earlier. West was feasting on poor tackling in the EIU game. I listened to the EWU game on the way back home form Fargo so I didn't see it but that is usually the big RB's MO. Get into the secondary and blow through defenders.

I don't know that I've seen a more sure tackling team than NDSU. That has been the difference on this defense. When someone is engaged, they go down. I don't expect this to be any different.

Tutiger10
December 30th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Also, on the #CAAFB teleconference Athens practiced with the first team this weekend. Not sure what that entailed as far as throwing

Professor Chaos
December 30th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Bingo! For all the talk about what West will or won't do I don't think he's the key to the game. It's Towson's ability to move the ball through the air early in the game. If they're able to do that and get TDs instead of FGs than West will likely become a factor later in the game if it's competitive to try to shorten the game and keep the NDSU offense off the field. As weird as it sounds, Towson needs to establish a passing game early.

deez_na
December 30th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Seems dead in this thread considering it's the week of the Championship.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 30th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Seems dead in this thread considering it's the week of the Championship.

Yep. I miss the Sammy and GSU guys.

Winindy
December 30th, 2013, 11:45 AM
There was a well thought out statistical analysis of the game on Bison Media Blog (http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/?p=90042)by a friend of Jeff Kolpack.

bri-dog
December 30th, 2013, 11:47 AM
When someone is engaged, they go down.

Then they get married, and that's the end of that.:)