PDA

View Full Version : Official New Hampshire @ Southeastern Louisiana Game Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2013, 09:45 PM
I want to watch what Indiana State did at NDSU last year. Jensen looked awful in that one. Can UNH recreate that environment?

Indiana State had a pretty good defense last year.

I haven't watched enough of UNH to say a whole lot on their defense.

How does UNH match up?

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Congrats to UNH on making the semis and to SLU for your first1aa playoffs. Enjoyed the game

Mattymc727
December 14th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Indiana State had a pretty good defense last year.

I haven't watched enough of UNH to say a whole lot on their defense.

How does UNH match up?

Im not sure. UNH has done well on defense over the win streak. We heard all week how its impossible to stop Bennett and we did that, hed them to 17. However I have seen NDSU enough to know they are that much better. I would be surprised if the Bison dont score 21 to 28 points on the wildcats, maybe more.

dwtime
December 14th, 2013, 09:49 PM
Sometimes football comes down to mistakes, if UNH can play mistake free and force some NDSU mistakes it might even the field. You know back in 1975 (yes 1975 what a great year for UNH football that was) this UNH fan went down to Bethlehem PA to witness a huge upset of Lehigh who was probably the top D2 team at the time. It can happen!

BTW there has to be old video of the Lehigh game as there was a broadcast. I know UNH has had some great wins over the years (early 90's OT win at BU, win at Georgia Southern, 5 FBS wins) but to this UNH fan that 1975 was the biggest, it was a great entertaining game, kickoff return for touchdown, successful fake punt by UNH (Yes Bill Bowes pulled out all the stops) big runs big passing plays big defensive stops. OK I'm getting nostalgic but the memories are so amazing and so strong. The Lehigh people let us (50 or so fans that traveled down to PA by bus) tear down their goalposts (old school wooden ones) because they were getting now ones. One of my most amazing memories was standing inside the UNH locker room and watching the team and Bill Bowes (yes its true!) boogie down to KC and The Sunshine Bands 'That's The Way (I Like It). What can I say, I'm a longtime fan and I love UNH football.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 09:51 PM
I badly wanted to turn my comment into a Chuck Norris joke... but then I would hate myself forever.

Chuck Norris wears Brock Jensen pajamas.

R3TRO
December 14th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Chuck Norris wears Brock Jensen pajamas.

Now I hate you forever.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 09:56 PM
Now I hate you forever.

:D

dewey
December 14th, 2013, 09:57 PM
Congratulations to the UNH team, coaches and fans. See you guys next week in Fargo.

Dewey

WrenFGun
December 14th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Regardless of what has happened previously, THIS was the biggest win in UNH history. 0-6 in the quarters, would've been easy to fold after going down with 5 to go. Could've blown it on 4th and inches, and didn't. 2 blocked FG's, awful calls on a number of plays, didn't matter. Unbelievable win.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 14th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Honestly I am pretty tired, but I'll try and work in an extra ten minutes just for you!

That's what she said!

R3TRO
December 14th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Regardless of what has happened previously, THIS was the biggest win in UNH history. 0-6 in the quarters, would've been easy to fold after going down with 5 to go. Could've blown it on 4th and inches, and didn't. 2 blocked FG's, awful calls on a number of plays, didn't matter. Unbelievable win.

Agreed. Also, its very intriguing to see the amount of players UNH has coming back next year.

UNHWildCats
December 14th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Now I hate you forever.
Even without the Chuck Norris line, I'm guessing by the end of the week you would still have hated him forever.

Danco
December 14th, 2013, 10:18 PM
On behalf of the Lion Athletics Association - I would like to congratulate the University of New Hampshire Wildcats. Your team has been on the road now - playing top notch ball since the start of the playoffs. Your team was well coached, well disciplined - never quit - and, played with the class and character your state deserves. Above that - your fans and school staff were first rate, again a tribute to the rich traditions of your school. It was an honor to watch that game tonight - best of luck to you next week. The Lion Nation will be pulling for you on Friday night!!!

Darlinikki150
December 14th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Classy post Danco!

BlueHenSinfonian
December 14th, 2013, 10:24 PM
UNH has about as much chance as CCU did today, but we couldnt be happier. NDSU is by far the best team in FCS/1AA history, but for UNH to start 1-3 and be here, means a lot for this program. I look forward to talking the little things with Bizon fans. The teams might be different in talent, but the states of North Dakota and New Hampshire are very similar. Hopefully we make longtime FCS friends regardless.

I think UNH stands a better chance than CCU. UNH has the benefit of being battle tested in the CAA, something CCU didn't get from their Big South schedule.

NDSU will certainly be the favorite, but UNH can win. A UNH win over NDSU would be great, it's time two new teams meet up in Frisco.

UNH Fanboi
December 14th, 2013, 10:26 PM

Yes. This team's resilience has been incredible. Reaching the semis was unfathomable a few months ago.

WrenFGun
December 14th, 2013, 10:26 PM
On behalf of the Lion Athletics Association - I would like to congratulate the University of New Hampshire Wildcats. Your team has been on the road now - playing top notch ball since the start of the playoffs. Your team was well coached, well disciplined - never quit - and, played with the class and character your state deserves. Above that - your fans and school staff were first rate, again a tribute to the rich traditions of your school. It was an honor to watch that game tonight - best of luck to you next week. The Lion Nation will be pulling for you on Friday night!!!

Great post. Thanks!

Mattymc727
December 14th, 2013, 10:28 PM

Great post Danco! and from what I hear, UNH fans had a blast! (the win might have helped)

Danco
December 14th, 2013, 10:43 PM
UNHFan, I can tell you that UNH was well represented with honor and class. Nothing but respect for your team and your fans. I am sure the final score helped - but even when the Lions were in the lead. It will be North Dakota's error to underestimate UNH.

Great post Danco! and from what I hear, UNH fans had a blast! (the win might have helped)

ngineer
December 14th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Congrats to the Wildcats! I had 'em winning 30-26 on my 'card' that I do every week with my wife! (;-) Best of luck in ND. UNH lovin' the underdog role should have fun. Certainly won't be favored and "playing with house money" at this point. Let er rip!!! An all CAA final in Frisco??

VT Wildcat Fan53
December 14th, 2013, 11:37 PM
BTW there has to be old video of the Lehigh game as there was a broadcast. I know UNH has had some great wins over the years (early 90's OT win at BU, win at Georgia Southern, 5 FBS wins) but to this UNH fan that 1975 was the biggest, it was a great entertaining game, kickoff return for touchdown, successful fake punt by UNH (Yes Bill Bowes pulled out all the stops) big runs big passing plays big defensive stops. OK I'm getting nostalgic but the memories are so amazing and so strong. The Lehigh people let us (50 or so fans that traveled down to PA by bus) tear down their goalposts (old school wooden ones) because they were getting now ones. One of my most amazing memories was standing inside the UNH locker room and watching the team and Bill Bowes (yes its true!) boogie down to KC and The Sunshine Bands 'That's The Way (I Like It). What can I say, I'm a longtime fan and I love UNH football.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

lionsrking2
December 15th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Congrats to the New Hamphsire Wildcats ... they played hard, played well and earned the victory tonight. Tough loss for the Lions, but we'll move on and hopefully grow from the playoff experience. Good luck next week vs the Bison!

Thumper76
December 15th, 2013, 01:33 AM
UNHFan, I can tell you that UNH was well represented with honor and class. Nothing but respect for your team and your fans. I am sure the final score helped - but even when the Lions were in the lead. It will be North Dakota's error to underestimate UNH.

I envision you wearing armor and a cape when you type like that, and hear morgan freeman when I read it.

Tribe4SF
December 15th, 2013, 01:37 AM
Sometimes football comes down to mistakes, if UNH can play mistake free and force some NDSU mistakes it might even the field. !

That was the line going into SELU. Cats were 2 TD dogs, made some huge mistakes, and won anyway. They were simply a better team, and their matchup advantages were obvious pretty early in the game. The transformation of the UNH defense over the last two months has been truly amazing.

UNH_BLUE
December 15th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Tough turnaround travel-wise for UNH. They had to spend the night at a New Orleans airport hotel due to a snowstorm in NH. Won't land till later today and then have a Friday night game in North Dakota.

Not much rest for the weary.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Tough turnaround travel-wise for UNH. They had to spend the night at a New Orleans airport hotel due to a snowstorm in NH. Won't land till later today and then have a Friday night game in North Dakota.

Not much rest for the weary.

Delaware had similar problems in 2007 but managed to take care of the MVFC on the road..... but I hear you.

Lehigh'98
December 15th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Congrats UNH, that is as solid as a win as you could ask for playing faraway from home. Best of luck Friday night, i'll be pulling for you and Towson. Here's a quote which I find relevant to any team going into the Fargo Dome from Brian Billick circa 2000.

"When you go in the lion's den, you don't tippy toe in. You carry a spear, you go in screaming like a banshee, you kick whatever doors in, and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch!' If you go in any other way you're gonna lose."

Theee Catrabbit
December 15th, 2013, 09:28 AM
This is a very favorable match up for us though I have a lot of respect for New Hampshire's tradition and ability to fight through early season adversity in
a traditionally strong conference ... they're well-coached, not afraid to pull out the stops, and I expect them to come in and battle for four quarters. But if we play Lions football and don't beat ourselves, I like our chances of advancing.

Did you beat yourselves again? Nobody ever beats the Lions........you just beat yourselves..........congratulations on your season undefeated in games you didn't beat yourselves.........

FormerPokeCenter
December 15th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Did you beat yourselves again? Nobody ever beats the Lions........you just beat yourselves..........congratulations on your season undefeated in games you didn't beat yourselves.........

If only I could rep the same post twice! ;)

lionsrking2
December 15th, 2013, 10:28 AM

I guess you didn't read my last post. UNH beat us straight up, big congrats to them! Best FCS team we've played this year. Hope they can get back home okay with the snow storm.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I guess you didn't read my last post. UNH beat us straight up, big congrats to them! Best FCS team we've played this year. Hope they can get back home okay with the snow storm.

the former hokey Poke guy hasn't read a post but his own in weeks....

lionsrking2
December 15th, 2013, 11:02 AM

AMEN! Very well stated Danco!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 15th, 2013, 02:02 PM
On a mobile device so will be brief. This UNH Fan had a great time! Great post Danco!!! Great gameday experience, friendly people, very accomodating staff and everyone gracious in defeat as well, only wished us well in Fargo. Good time at Mariner's post game. Very glad I made the trip, it was a success before kickoff!!!

blukeys
December 15th, 2013, 02:12 PM
On a mobile device so will be brief. This UNH Fan had a great time! Great post Danco!!! Great gameday experience, friendly people, very accomodating staff and everyone gracious in defeat as well, only wished us well in Fargo. Good time at Mariner's post game. Very glad I made the trip, it was a success before kickoff!!!

So did you find any new and unique local beers in SE Louisiana?xnodx:Dxlolx