Bison56
December 14th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Didnt see thr LB.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 05:43 PM
Was Shortell a Tim Brewster recruit?

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Pick six for EWU. I guess I better start packing for the Tabasco Turf next weekend.

77-yard interception return

Eastern Washington 35, Jacksonville State 24

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Pick six for EWU. I guess I better start packing for the Tabasco Turf next weekend.

77-yard interception return

Eastern Washington 45, Jacksonville State 24

ESPN3 must be way behind! Its only 24-35 for me 3rd and 10 for JSU.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Big third and 10 pickup on the pass for JSU

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 05:46 PM
ESPN3 must be way behind! Its only 24-35 for me 3rd and 10 for JSU.
Go away troll

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Bad call on a third down draw play for JSU. JSU going 4th and 5.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 05:48 PM
JSU turns it over on downs. 7:19 to go. JSU down 10 (or 21 if you are going by Mr. C's score).

Mr. C
Almost a TD pass, but the pass is broken up in the back of the end zone. That is probably going to be the final straw for JSU with just over seven minutes left.

dwtime
Nice defense on that 4th down play.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Nice defense on that 4th down play.

Booo :p yeah they did a good job.

CPrice91
December 14th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Not that it can be proven it all, but it seems like Eastern would've lost if Jenkins hadn't been injured...was thinking EWU could've gotten in the 'ship, not thinking it any more.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Not that it can be proven it all, but it seems like Eastern would've lost if Jenkins never got injured...was thinking EWU could've gotten in the 'ship, not so sure any more.

It's not over yet!

Cleets
December 14th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Not that it can be proven it all, but it seems like Eastern would've lost if Jenkins never got injured...was thinking EWU could've gotten in the 'ship, not thinking it any more.

When you rely on your starting QB to RUN the ball to win games (good luck)

Southern Bison
Not that it can be proven it all, but it seems like Eastern would've lost if Jenkins hadn't been injured...was thinking EWU could've gotten in the 'ship, not thinking it any more.

I've said it before...EWU doesn't put a defense on the field.

CPrice91

Indeed.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Eastern Washington may win this game by double digits, but this was a game that was decided by a handful of plays and JSU might have won if Jenkins had not gotten hurt at the end of the first half.

- - - Updated - - -

Worked pretty well for Armanti Edwards and a few others I can think of in FCS.

Cleets
December 14th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Eastern Washington may win this game by double digits, but this was a game that was decided by a handful of plays and JSU might have won if Jenkins had not gotten hurt at the end of the first half.

Sure...
but they rely on their starting QB to RUN to win games (very dangerous)
as this game proves

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Got to love those flags that are picked up for "uncatchable" passes. Punt time for EWU and JSU still has a heartbeat.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Pretty much JSU's last hope. Come on gamecocks!

Cleets
December 14th, 2013, 06:00 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Worked pretty well for Armanti Edwards and a few others I can think of in FCS.

You're not allowed to say that when you use your QB as a primary running back...
Just like blaming INT's if you pass 45 times a game

Bison56
December 14th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Anything is possible when you are playing EW.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Serious prevent defense for EWU now with about two minutes left.

Big sack for the Eagle defense.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Game over.

GAD
INT EWU

Mr. C
Interception for EWU should seal the deal, but a flag is down. Turned out to be a hat for an ineligible receiver.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Looks like I'm headed for Cheney, WA. next weekend. The big question now is what game will be picked up for Friday night?

Southern Bison
December 14th, 2013, 06:05 PM
NDSU fans: Did we expect anything different from JSU's backup QB (a U of Minn transfer)???

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Looks like I'm headed for Cheney, WA. next weekend. The big question now is what game will be picked up for Friday night?

NDSU's. It was announced more than 4 hours ago.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 06:07 PM
EWU is in victory formation.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 06:08 PM
Really? The conference call with the NCAA isn't even until tonight. We were told that last night.

So enlighten us, Mr. Troll.

Red & Black
December 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Very uncharacteristic game for us with turning the ball over so many times on offense, and not our best effort of the season by far. But glad to get the win. Congrats to JSU on a hard fought game and nice season.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Really? The conference call with the NCAA isn't even until tonight. We were told that last night.

It was announced by NDSU the second the clock hit 0:00 vs CCU and has been on the bracket infographic the entire EWU vs JSU game.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152124390724532&set=a.10150236925544532.365494.7791099531&type=1&theater

Hansel
December 14th, 2013, 06:10 PM

ESPN announced it during the game

Bison56
December 14th, 2013, 06:10 PM

The AD at NDSU said he was told right after the game it was friday. He was surprised to find out so early himself.

Cocky
December 14th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Hard to thing it wouldn't have been a different outcome if Jenkins and James were able to finish. JSU did a good job of halftime adjustments. Woulda coulda shoulda.

- - - Updated - - -

JSU was told before the game if they won it would be a Saturday game.

Red & Black
December 14th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Very little chance that Eastern plays that poorly again at home, but Towson will be a much bigger challenge. We'll be ready.

HannahO
December 14th, 2013, 06:16 PM

Would expect nothing less the way ESPN has been slurping the Bizon!

Red & Black
Injuries are part of the game. We have a lot of them too, which is why the teams with better depth go farther. We've had to win games with our backup QB, too.

Hard to thing it wouldn't have been a different outcome if Jenkins and James were able to finish. JSU did a good job of halftime adjustments. Woulda coulda shoulda.

- - - Updated - - -

JSU was told before the game if they won it would be a Saturday game.

dudeitsaid
Very uncharacteristic game for us with turning the ball over so many times on offense, and not our best effort of the season by far. But glad to get the win. Congrats to JSU on a hard fought game and nice season.

Vernon will have to be a lot more crisp to win one or both of the next two games. However, I am loving our second half defense! And I'm loving continuing to see Forte play lights out!

Gotta hand it to the Gamecocks. Your team really played a solid game, overall. I think, probably a lot tougher than many would have thought. And I agree, if your starting QB had stayed in the game, who knows...He was gashing the Eagles. It was so obvious when he was going to run, yet would still pick up big yardage. I am sure he will be a force next year, especially since he isn't a bad passer.

Go EAGLES!!!

dudeitsaid
December 14th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Injuries are part of the game. We have a lot of them too, which is why the teams with better depth go farther. We've had to win games with our backup QB, too.

Someone said we couldn't stop Jenkins. I guess they were wrong!

(Sorry, that's a little below the belt!)

Southern Bison
December 14th, 2013, 06:24 PM

About knee-height...xsmhx

centennial
December 14th, 2013, 06:26 PM

Everytime I start liking your team, your fans put me back on track.

Cocky
December 14th, 2013, 06:28 PM
They are and the turnovers are caused by defenses too

Cocky
December 14th, 2013, 06:30 PM

Wasn't even a real hard hit. Just the way it goes.

Red & Black
December 14th, 2013, 06:57 PM
They are and the turnovers are caused by defenses too

Sometimes, yes, unless you throw the ball straight to the defender, as we saw Qb's from both teams do tonight. What I am saying is that EWU does not turn the ball over a lot. That was a very uncharacteristic performance in that regard,

Red & Black
December 14th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Everytime I start liking your team, your fans put me back on track.

Please. You must not read Bisonville much.

dudeitsaid
December 14th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Wasn't even a real hard hit. Just the way it goes.

True. It was just an unfortunate incident. He is a playmaker! I will be interested in seeing how you guys perform with him next year. Something tells me this isn't the last time the FCS sees the Gamecocks on the playoffs.

About turnovers, they are often caused by the defense. But that first INT VA threw into the endzone was just a bad pass by him. It wasn't that the ball was tipped, or he was under such pressure he couldn't accurately throw the ball. That being said, players make mistakes, like Jax States player fair catching the kickoff on the ten.

Overall, nothing but respect for Jax St. You guys have a solid team, and there was a lot of that game in which it was in doubt. The offense really looked out of rhythm at times. You guys gave up a lot of yards, but could have given up a lot more than 28 points to the offense.

Cocky
December 14th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Sometimes, yes, unless you throw the ball straight to the defender, as we saw Qb's from both teams do tonight. What I am saying is that EWU does not turn the ball over a lot. That was a very uncharacteristic performance in that regard,
Believe me I understand you love your team and other teams all suck. I've read it all week.

Big_Fan
December 14th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Believe me I understand you love your team and other teams all suck. I've read it all week.

Yep... I was bashed all week for saying it would be close game. The Eags are lucky Eli and Demarcus both went down or I think they probably would be done for the season. I think Demarcus alone would have made this a totally different game.

The comment about running your QB "asking for it" is bogus and has been proven so. It was a freak injury on a cut, not a hit. It is equally dangerous to have the QB standing in the pocket getting teed off on. This was Shortell's first game back from injury.. when a QB is running, it is harder to get a clean hit on him. Auburn is playing for a NC with a running QB, and won the NC in 2010 with a running QB. Tons of teams have running QB's.

Our problem was, the coaches have not had time to recruit and our backups didn't fit the offense. They did a good job adapting it for Max, and Max plays his heart out, but he isn't Eli.

The awesome thing for JSU fans, is that we had 9 new starters on offense, and will have 10 back next season. Our entire DL is back, as is our secondary... our only defensive losses are at LB. It was our coaches' first season with an entirely new staff - many of whom were first year college coaches. There was an entirely new system installed. Next year the offense should be lights-out.

Congrats to EW, your team earned it... but they had to earn it. JSU was not the pushover you guys thought we would be.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 14th, 2013, 07:34 PM
EWU has a worse defense than EIU and it's showing against a strong running team just like last night's game. IF EWU survives today, they don't make it to Frisco.

xlolx just like against SDSU huh?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2013, 07:39 PM
EWU and Towson will be an interesting match up.

Ground and pound vs high output offense

Should be a good one.

Southern Bison
December 14th, 2013, 07:45 PM
xlolx just like against SDSU huh?

Injuries don't hit JSU and you're crying in your apple juice.

BTW, where did you disappear to? Your Motorola flip phone won't let you post during the game? The dial-up you have in grandma's basement can't handle streaming the game and AGS?

Screamin_Eagle174
December 14th, 2013, 08:00 PM

BTW, where did you disappear to? Your Motorola flip phone won't let you post during the game? The dial-up you have in grandma's basement can't handle streaming the game and AGS?

It's called being a fan and watching the game in person, not worried about every post some worthless douchebag bison fan is posting on the internets. See you in Frisco.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 14th, 2013, 08:05 PM
It's called being a fan and watching the game in person, not worried about every post some worthless douchebag bison fan is posting on the internets. See you in Frisco.

EWU is going to have its hands full with Towson.

Cocky
December 14th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Don't see EWU stopping West but not too sure about Towsons defense either.

Red & Black
December 14th, 2013, 09:30 PM
It'll be an interesting match-up for sure. I will say that we played very poorly in some respects today, but you have to give some credit to JSU, they came in with a good game plan. For Adams, he just did not look like himself, but like I said in the other thread, this season EWU generally follows up a marginal performance with a very good one the next game.

I don't see EWU stopping West, but it will be interesting to see how they game plan to at least slow him down some or limit him, similar to what they did against SDSU. I'm not sure what Towson's QB is like, but the running teams that give EWU problems are usually ones that have a mobile QB. When EWU has played teams this year that have really good RB's, but a so-so passing game, they've played well.

Based off of both teams quarter-final performances, I could see people picking Towson in this one. No issues with that; but I know that this team can play a lot better than they did today and they have shown that many times this season. I think we'll play better next Saturday.

Big_Fan
December 14th, 2013, 10:51 PM
It'll be an interesting match-up for sure. I will say that we played very poorly in some respects today, but you have to give some credit to JSU, they came in with a good game plan. For Adams, he just did not look like himself, but like I said in the other thread, this season EWU generally follows up a marginal performance with a very good one the next game.

I don't see EWU stopping West, but it will be interesting to see how they game plan to at least slow him down some or limit him, similar to what they did against SDSU. I'm not sure what Towson's QB is like, but the running teams that give EWU problems are usually ones that have a mobile QB. When EWU has played teams this year that have really good RB's, but a so-so passing game, they've played well.

Based off of both teams quarter-final performances, I could see people picking Towson in this one. No issues with that; but I know that this team can play a lot better than they did today and they have shown that many times this season. I think we'll play better next Saturday.

We have 10 starters back on offense next season, and everyone but our linebackers on defense. Maybe we can do this again next season at our place. I have a feeling we will be back, and next time as a seeded team.

dudeitsaid
December 14th, 2013, 11:29 PM
Maybe we can do this again next season at our place. I have a feeling we will be back, and next time as a seeded team.

I will not be surprised to see you guys do very well next year, especially with Garoppolo gone. But EWU returns a great deal of their offensive firepower including record setters Vernon Adams and Cooper Kupp. Our RB that averaged almost 200 yrd/game for the playoffs will be back as well, including two additional play-making receivers. Ronnie Hamlin may receive an additional year of eligibility, and Tevin McDonald and Jordan Tonani will both be back from season ending injuries (Tonani didn't even play this season after a breakout freshman year). That's just a start. So, chances are EWU will be very similar to their performance this year, and maybe even better with another year of experience for those star players. So, my guess is that EWU ends up a seed again next year. If we meet at Jax St, it will be deep into the playoffs. But my guess is if we meet again, it will be in Cheney.

Good luck next year, there is no doubt in my mind you guys will be a force in the OVC.

tomq04
December 14th, 2013, 11:49 PM
game was too much fun for these bones. Hate when a star gets injured :(

kalm
December 15th, 2013, 08:26 AM

If we don't turn it over twice in the end zone it's a blowout win. **** happens.

I felt like We were a good matchup for JSU with their read option, mobile QB, and top 10 rankings in pass D and sacks. I was a bit surprised we were able to move the ball with that much easy against them. On offense, they really do have a nice passing game to compliment James.

They are relatively young and I think for real. Should win the OVC next year.

Cocky
December 15th, 2013, 08:52 AM
If not for our two int while in scoring position (one a pick 6) it could have been a blowout for JSU.

And without or starting QB,RB and LT were able to move the ball decently. It took the offense a couple of series to get comfortable but probably put up over 100 yds in the 4qt. EWU in comparison was less than 100 in the 4th. This was all by a 3 place OVC team against a 3 seed.

EWU got more out of their TOs than JSU both stopped two scoring opportunities with EWU get 7 points JSU 0. If our defense doesn't play one of their worse proformances of the last half of the season this could have been a cake walk. EWU was luck to catch us on a bad defensive day and injury day but that football.

Red & Black
December 15th, 2013, 08:56 AM
Would like to see that. The cool thing about the playoffs is getting to play a bunch of teams you don't normally see during the regular season.

We have 10 starters back on offense next season, and everyone but our linebackers on defense. Maybe we can do this again next season at our place. I have a feeling we will be back, and next time as a seeded team.

Skyhawk71
December 15th, 2013, 10:07 AM
Congrats to the Eagles, and congrats to Jax State on a great season, with an excellent young team- without a doubt favorites to win the Ohio Valley 2014, just hope we get to play you on a Saturday this year, that last Thursday trip to Jacksonville sucked............

Screamin_Eagle174
December 15th, 2013, 10:29 AM
If not for our two int while in scoring position (one a pick 6) it could have been a blowout for JSU.

And without or starting QB,RB and LT were able to move the ball decently. It took the offense a couple of series to get comfortable but probably put up over 100 yds in the 4qt. EWU in comparison was less than 100 in the 4th. This was all by a 3 place OVC team against a 3 seed.

EWU got more out of their TOs than JSU both stopped two scoring opportunities with EWU get 7 points JSU 0. If our defense doesn't play one of their worse proformances of the last half of the season this could have been a cake walk. EWU was luck to catch us on a bad defensive day and injury day but that football.

xlolx

Screamin_Eagle174
December 15th, 2013, 10:35 AM
EWU's fans are even harder to look at.

..... said the failed abortion.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 15th, 2013, 10:36 AM
EWU has a worse defense than EIU and it's showing against a strong running team just like last night's game. IF EWU survives today, they don't make it to Frisco.

Thanks John Madden.

The Ville
December 15th, 2013, 03:51 PM
I'm alright with the outcome only because JSU already exceeded any expectations for this year with a young team and first time head coach. I can handle losing to a good team on the road and on top of that we were playing with them if not out playing EWU in the first half when we had our dominant QB/RB... still made it a closer finish than most expected. I enjoyed the trip out to Washington, small but neat stadium, the Eagle fans I encountered were not that bad. Yes, we're in Alabama (not Florida) but don't worry you're just like every other non-OVC team to think that way. Good game.

I know some JSU fans want EWU murdered next round, I just assume they win it all, if you're going to lose to someone why not lose to the champs.

Red & Black
December 15th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Good post. Rep for you.

I'm alright with the outcome only because JSU already exceeded any expectations for this year with a young team and first time head coach. I can handle losing to a good team on the road and on top of that we were playing with them if not out playing EWU in the first half when we had our dominant QB/RB... still made it a closer finish than most expected. I enjoyed the trip out to Washington, small but neat stadium, the Eagle fans I encountered were not that bad. Yes, we're in Alabama (not Florida) but don't worry you're just like every other non-OVC team to think that way. Good game.

I know some JSU fans want EWU murdered next round, I just assume they win it all, if you're going to lose to someone why not lose to the champs.

putter
December 15th, 2013, 09:34 PM

You guys sound like Griz fans. If we would not have turned the ball over, If we would have scored more points. A you did not and B you did not so you lost.....

Big_Fan
December 15th, 2013, 11:08 PM
You guys sound like Griz fans. If we would not have turned the ball over, If we would have scored more points. A you did not and B you did not so you lost.....

Selective reading of the conversation... he was responding to EWU fan comments that the only reason it was close was because EWU played poorly. Perhaps the reason they played poorly was the defense. The Coaches made adjustments at halftime that slowed your offense down, and the JSU defense that is top 10 in pass efficiency defense made a couple of interceptions. Maybe the defensive scheme and pressure had something to do with the poor throws.

If if if goes both ways.

...and EWU didn't "roll" us. It was an evenly matched game, and both the score and the stats bear that out.

Grizo406
December 16th, 2013, 11:26 PM
With the way this season has played out, I'm fairly satisfied with the final four teams left in the playoffs.

Not going out on too much of a limb here, but I think NDSU is gonna' 3 peat. As ALPHA has said, more than once, "They are that good...!".

To all the posters that yammer/dis/ and complain about the other posters that still have a team left in the playoffs...be VERY THANKFUL that the Griz aren't one of those teams!xcoffeex