PDA

View Full Version : All is Right With the World

PaladinFan
December 7th, 2013, 11:00 PM
We do not have to endure Ohio State playing for a national title.

Florida State and Auburn should be a heckuva game.

AshevilleApp2
December 8th, 2013, 07:46 AM
I concur. I wish the Buckeye anguish had happened last week, but I'll take it!

CPrice91
December 8th, 2013, 02:48 PM
I would have tolerated it should it have meant no SEC team was in...

bonarae
December 8th, 2013, 05:35 PM

I agree. The SEC has had way too much exposure in the championship scene over the years...

AshevilleApp2
December 8th, 2013, 06:49 PM
The SEC has earned the exposure.

PaladinFan
December 9th, 2013, 05:23 AM
I don't disagree with the exposure argument. It's hard to argue with the product, though. It's an elite brand of football.

citdog
December 9th, 2013, 10:28 AM

All the SEC does is win championships and show the superiority of Southern Football. I understand why you'd be all butthurt over it though.

PaladinFan
December 9th, 2013, 06:36 PM
All the SEC does is win championships and show the superiority of Southern Football. I understand why you'd be all butthurt over it though.

I think the general perception of college football changed in 2006. Florida sorta fell into the national title game despite entering championship weekend as #4. It was immediately apparent in the title game against Ohio State that the SEC team folks thought was lucky to be there was heads and shoulders better than OSU.

seantaylor
December 9th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Michigan State would beat both teams. That is an NFL defense

PaladinFan
December 10th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Michigan State would beat both teams. That is an NFL defense

MSU has only two wins against ranked teams all season. You look at the numbers nationally, Michigan State's defense, while good, is not up with Alabama. That is even considering that MSU plays in a much weaker conference against much less potent offenses.

If Auburn can run the ball all over Alabama, they'd sure enough run it all over Michigan State too. I don't think MSU would be within 17 points of either FSU or Auburn.