PDA

View Full Version : Bohl to Wyoming

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 12:56 AM
I know the fans of NDSU are hurting right now, but most of these comments are amusing and laughable. Bohl's compensation will be 5-6-7 times annually at Wyoming than what it is in Fargo. He'll have use of a private plane and assistant coaching salaries have been bumped nicely for this hire. In 2014, Bohl gets to face Oregon and Michigan State, along with the usual MWC teams. Oregon, Missouri and Iowa will be coming to Laramie in the years ahead. Nebraska, Texas, A&M, Virginia and Ole Miss have already been to Laramie in recent years. Sorry boys, but this is a different level of football overall and UW/boosters are opening their wallets to get the program back on track. Good luck.

Fair enough, but when Bohl fails to produce I hope you have the balls to run him out on a rail before he milks the bank account dry.
Bohl wasn't the Bison. The Bison made Bohl.

Sycamore62
NDSU could have made the buyout higher.

If Bohls would have gone 4-7 for 2 years you would have wanted him fired in the middle of that contract.

I would say say at least one coach will stay due to being able to make more as a HC rather than a Coordinator at Wyo.

all of these successful head coaches think they are what every bad program is missing or that they are as good as someone else if they had the same support they did.

If Bohls is getting $2M then it's more than what Peterson was getting at Boise St.

I thought Wyo was Big 12. They seem to fit. Bunch of schools who have nowhere else to go and Texas.

Twentysix
Get off my back about my word choices. I will clarify again, ****ty timing for our program since we are in the playoffs trying to 3 peat. Good lord Clenz, I understand what you are saying in the big picture but I don't care about Wyoming recruiting. I only care about Bison football and the timing sucks for us.

Mighty is the woman weilding the banhammer! ;)

youwouldno
Maybe he toured Wyoming and thought the coeds were hotter?

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 12:57 AM
How is the timing fishy? December is when a tin if college coaching changes happen

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk
Not "fishy", more like ****ing terrible.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 12:58 AM
NDSU could have made the buyout higher.

If Bohls would have gone 4-7 for 2 years you would have wanted him fired in the middle of that contract.

I would say say at least one coach will stay due to being able to make more as a HC rather than a Coordinator at Wyo.

all of these successful head coaches think they are what every bad program is missing or that they are as good as someone else if they had the same support they did.

If Bohls is getting $2M then it's more than what Peterson was getting at Boise St.

I thought Wyo was Big 12. They seem to fit. Bunch of schools who have nowhere else to go and Texas.

If bohl earns 2 million it will be because he won a natty at wyoming and recieved mad incentives. I would suspect it will be closer to 1 million.

centennial
December 8th, 2013, 12:58 AM
I know the fans of NDSU are hurting right now, but most of these comments are amusing and laughable. Bohl's compensation will be 5-6-7 times annually at Wyoming than what it is in Fargo. He'll have use of a private plane and assistant coaching salaries have been bumped nicely for this hire. In 2014, Bohl gets to face Oregon and Michigan State, along with the usual MWC teams. Oregon, Missouri and Iowa will be coming to Laramie in the years ahead. Nebraska, Texas, A&M, Virginia and Ole Miss have already been to Laramie in recent years. Sorry boys, but this is a different level of football overall and UW/boosters are opening their wallets to get the program back on track. Good luck.

Go away Wyoming loser. With all the state support you have, your university is a dumpster fire. With how you are poaching our coach, I hope you university all the disrepute and lots of 1 win seasons.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Mighty is the woman weilding the banhammer! ;)

Ha, totally forgot about that. I'm still pretty pissed, I was sleeping and the bf woke me to tell me. So I have known for about a hour, I'm still in the 1 step of the 7 steps of grief lol.

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Bohl will not have success at Wyoming. You read it here first.
I expect sub .500 for the next 3 years, then hes gone forever.
Yachting, perhaps in the Caribbean, with a couple of coeds with a unlimited (contractually obligated) Wyoming Visa card.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:03 AM
I wonder if he got a bronze likeness into the HC contract with wyoming. He had to know he was only a few years away from one at NDSU. lol

slostang
Some NDSU fans could take a lesson from their starting QB.

Senior quarterback Brock Jensen wrote on Twitter: "Really happy for Coach, love that man with all my heart... Sad it had to get leaked like this, doubt he wanted it to happen like it is."

NDSUSR
Ha, totally forgot about that. I'm still pretty pissed, I was sleeping and the bf woke me to tell me. So I have known for about a hour, I'm still in the 1 step of the 7 steps of grief lol.

He woke you up to tell you that you're still pissed? LOL.

GoWyo
December 8th, 2013, 01:04 AM
Back on track so be the place coaching careers go to die? Glad to see that you're wanting to keep that going. You're football program is a joke. Less than .500 winning percentage all time and a losing record in bowl games.

You're so special you little flower.

EDIT: Pretty sure I bit hard on trollbait, don't even care. Wyo is a crap program and I mean it with all my heart. IN THE DUMPS. Coach Bohl will be able to turn it around, but you have nothing for tradition. NOTHING.

Sunshine, Wyoming has been to a Sugar Bowl and Fiesta Bowl. Wyoming had the second most WAC championships before moving to the MWC. We're sorry you're taking this so hard.

Twentysix
Sunshine, Wyoming has been to a Sugar Bowl and Fiesta Bowl. Wyoming had the second most WAC championships before moving to the MWC. We're sorry you're taking this so hard.

does bohl get to fly the plane?

Sycamore62
If bohl earns 2 million it will be because he won a natty at wyoming and recieved mad incentives. I would suspect it will be closer to 1 million.

They fired a coach who was making $1.2M

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Back on track so be the place coaching careers go to die? Glad to see that you're wanting to keep that going. You're football program is a joke. Less than .500 winning percentage all time and a losing record in bowl games.

EDIT: Pretty sure I bit hard on trollbait, don't even care. Wyo is a crap program and I mean it with all my heart. IN THE DUMPS. Coach Bohl will be able to turn it around, but you have nothing for tradition. NOTHING.

Pat Dye
Dennis Erickson
Bob Devaney
Joe Tiller....

yeah.... all their careers ended at Wyoming. Or they used Wyoming as a Stepping stone... Just like Coach used NDSU....

It aint French but....read your history ......
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Wyoming_Cowboys_football_coaches

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:06 AM

They fired a coach who made 849k in 2012, and had a contract that had incentives up to 1.2M. Apples and oranges I think. I don't doubt Bohls deal will go up to 2M I just think Undefeated and National Champion will be stipulations of reaching its peak.

Their previous coaches base pay was less than what Craig Bohls is currently. The incentives are what make the contract.

jmufan
Is it true thT their A.D. is also leaving?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Darlinikki150
He woke you up to tell you that you're still pissed? LOL.

Jeez lay off for the love of god. Woke me up to tell me Bohl was leaving.

GoWyo
December 8th, 2013, 01:07 AM

Don't try to state facts with these clowns. They act like three-year-olds.

Wyoming

Pat Dye
Dennis Erickson
Bob Devaney
Joe Tiller....

FargoBison
If you want to know what Bohl said to the team after the game here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D6AsKsXvIg#t=145

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 01:08 AM

lots of names on that list....

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:08 AM
Don't try to state facts with these clowns. They act like three-year-olds.

Does he get to fly the plane?

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 01:09 AM

lots of names on that list....

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 01:11 AM
Go away Wyoming. No one here cares about your football team.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 01:12 AM
If you want to know what Bohl said to the team after the game here it is...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D6AsKsXvIg#t=145

togetherness and love

i like this guy...

- - - Updated - - -

But you care about our coach ...... ;-)

Sycamore62
December 8th, 2013, 01:12 AM

Cared

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 01:14 AM
Some NDSU fans could take a lesson from their starting QB.

Senior quarterback Brock Jensen wrote on Twitter: "Really happy for Coach, love that man with all my heart... Sad it had to get leaked like this, doubt he wanted it to happen like it is."

The suck part is that Jensen really does feel that way. When Bohl is a no-show for the meeting tomorrow I expect the team will be silent.

What lesson do you think I need to learn from his post?

1. Blowing your team off is acceptable during playoffs.
2. Live as I say, not as I do.
3. Money is everything.
4. Its ok to quit in the middle of anything as long as your getting paid.
5. Coeds are not off-limits.

Let me know, I am not receiving any lesson here.
Jensen has a career to deal with, his words are measured.
I am sure he is less than happy with the current situation.

BEAR
Oh my..... An FBS fan trolling the lowly FCS boards. How grand!

Darlinikki150
togetherness and love

i like this guy...

- - - Updated - - -

But you care about our coach ...... ;-)

I care about Bison football and young men that play. There is a difference.

bojeta
December 8th, 2013, 01:15 AM

We enjoyed our trip to Laramie last year :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqAyu3eWedI&feature=player_detailpage Cal Poly 24 Wyoming 22

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/wqAyu3eWedI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 01:18 AM
togetherness and love

i like this guy...

Lets revisit this again in a year.
All you have to do is move up 120 spots and Sagarin will have you right around where NDSU is.

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 01:18 AM
Oh my..... An FBS fan trolling the lowly FCS boards. How grand!

Wait Wyoming is FBS? Jesus I feel bad for those kids, probably best thing in their life just happened.

I rag on Dakotas and Montana but Wyoming takes the cake on the most easily forgotten state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2013, 01:20 AM
I rag on Dakotas and Montana but Wyoming takes the cake on the most easily forgotten state.

He does rag on us for that, but we can always counter that the Dakotas and Montana have a refreshing paucity of Texans. (Just to get this back on the normal AGS track of good-natured ribbing).

Sycamore62
December 8th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Why would a guy like Bohls leave NDSU for another fcs job.....wait....what?

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Lets revisit this again in a year.
All you have to do is move up 120 spots and Sagarin will have you right around where NDSU is.

i know you are butthurt.... but in all reality.... Is this a good hire?

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:22 AM

Probably not, only ditka could save Wyoming. I mean NDSU atleast has resources in place, the most important of which, is that it isn't wyoming.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Wait Wyoming is FBS? Jesus I feel bad for those kids, probably best thing in their life just happened.

Texas, I will take that as a compliment to our state of ND, thank you lol

centennial
December 8th, 2013, 01:25 AM

No one cares about Wyoming. No one. They have the little man syndrome and decide to be FBS for a university of 13k students. Your dumpster fire will never end..
Also Sagarin- NDSU - 22
Wyoming - 142
Just because you can out spend us doesn't make you better. Also for a city of 36k in the metro to be thinking they are better than one that is 212k is delusional.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 01:26 AM
Many people do not experience the stages in the order listed below, which is okay. The key to understanding the stages is not to feel like you must go through every one of them, in precise order. Instead, it’s more helpful to look at them as guides in the grieving process — it helps you understand and put into context where you are.
1. Denial and IsolationThe first reaction to learning of terminal illness or death of a cherished loved one is to deny the reality of the situation. It is a normal reaction to rationalize overwhelming emotions. It is a defense mechanism that buffers the immediate shock. We block out the words and hide from the facts. This is a temporary response that carries us through the first wave of pain.
2. AngerAs the masking effects of denial and isolation begin to wear, reality and its pain re-emerge. We are not ready. The intense emotion is deflected from our vulnerable core, redirected and expressed instead as anger. The anger may be aimed at inanimate objects, complete strangers, friends or family. Anger may be directed at our dying or deceased loved one. Rationally, we know the person is not to be blamed. Emotionally, however, we may resent the person for causing us pain or for leaving us. We feel guilty for being angry, and this makes us more angry.
Remember, grieving is a personal process that has no time limit, nor one “right” way to do it.
The doctor who diagnosed the illness and was unable to cure the disease might become a convenient target. Health professionals deal with death and dying every day. That does not make them immune to the suffering of their patients or to those who grieve for them.
Do not hesitate to ask your doctor to give you extra time or to explain just once more the details of your loved one’s illness. Arrange a special appointment or ask that he telephone you at the end of his day. Ask for clear answers to your questions regarding medical diagnosis and treatment. Understand the options available to you. Take your time.
3. BargainingThe normal reaction to feelings of helplessness and vulnerability is often a need to regain control–

If only we had sought medical attention sooner…
If only we got a second opinion from another doctor…
If only we had tried to be a better person toward them…

Secretly, we may make a deal with God or our higher power in an attempt to postpone the inevitable. This is a weaker line of defense to protect us from the painful reality.
4. DepressionTwo types of depression (http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2009/07/09/6-steps-for-beating-depression/) are associated with mourning. The first one is a reaction to practical implications relating to the loss. Sadness and regret predominate this type of depression. We worry about the costs and burial. We worry that, in our grief, we have spent less time with others that depend on us. This phase may be eased by simple clarification and reassurance. We may need a bit of helpful cooperation and a few kind words. The second type of depression is more subtle and, in a sense, perhaps more private. It is our quiet preparation to separate and to bid our loved one farewell. Sometimes all we really need is a hug.
5. AcceptanceReaching this stage of mourning is a gift not afforded to everyone. Death may be sudden and unexpected or we may never see beyond our anger or denial. It is not necessarily a mark of bravery to resist the inevitable and to deny ourselves the opportunity to make our peace. This phase is marked by withdrawal and calm. This is not a period of happiness and must be distinguished from depression.
Loved ones that are terminally ill or aging appear to go through a final period of withdrawal. This is by no means a suggestion that they are aware of their own impending death or such, only that physical decline may be sufficient to produce a similar response. Their behavior implies that it is natural to reach a stage at which social interaction is limited. The dignity and grace shown by our dying loved ones may well be their last gift to us.
Coping with loss is a ultimately a deeply personal and singular experience — nobody can help you go through it more easily or understand all the emotions that you’re going through. But others can be there for you and help comfort you through this process. The best thing you can do is to allow yourself to feel the grief as it comes over you. Resisting it only will prolong the natural process of healing.

centennial
December 8th, 2013, 01:27 AM
He will sleep with all the coeds and dump you guys in 2 years for nebraska or minnesota. By the time his system is getting set(3-4) years he will already have left..

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Wyoming don't you have a fan site you shoul be on instead of slumming it with us FCSers? Go away.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Wyoming don't you have a fan site you shoul be on instead of slumming it with us FCSers? Go away.

SHouldn't you be making a sammich... or getting me a drink? Or better yet.....

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:31 AM

(reluctantly) we have the Ivy League, get out of here!

centennial
December 8th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Someone from Wyoming saying this. Funny. No one cares about your state, go away.

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 01:35 AM

Time will tell. Right now it must seem like a cherry on top for Wyoming, but you dont always get what you pay for.
I think you will find that Bohl was NOT the driving force behind the Bison, but an exceptional group of athletes/friends were.
Wyoming will be under .500 the next 3 years. Throwing money at it generally yields some improvement though.
If I played for Wyoming, I certainly would be concerned about the treatment Bohl has shown" his" NDSU players today.

Sycamore62
December 8th, 2013, 01:36 AM

Yes but it's tough to use since they only have dial up there

Wyoming
Someone from Wyoming saying this. Funny. No one cares about your state, go away.

I'm actually from Chicago ;-) Graduated from WYO!!! SO, in reality.... I'm laughing at you laughing at Wyoming.

Mr. C
Why am I hearing the Oh Yes. Wyoming song in my head? There is a verse about Dakota in there. They sing that every week at Wyoming home games.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 01:37 AM

That's cute, I see what you did there. I'm a chick so I shouldn't be talking about football or have opinions. But as far as any of that goes, I'm gonna pass on making you anything but perhaps you could go outside and find a sheep to help stimy your "manly" urges.

Big kisses tho!!!

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2013, 01:37 AM
What state is Wyoming in?

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 01:38 AM

Aren't your sheep getting lonely?

hebmskebm
December 8th, 2013, 01:38 AM
This thread is like a small scale version of what would happen on Bama's message boards if Saban leaves for Texas.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Time will tell. Right now it must seem like a cherry on top for Wyoming, but you dont always get what you pay for.
I think you will find that Bohl was NOT the driving force behind the Bison, but an exceptional group of athletes/friends were.
Wyoming will be under .500 the next 3 years. Throwing money at it generally yields some improvement though.
If I played for Wyoming, I certainly would be concerned about the treatment Bohl has shown" his" NDSU players today.

It seems like there is an Exceptional Culture among the Bison. That is what I want to see the Pokes establish. Again, much respect for NDSU.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Just got home and saw the news. I'm really not that surprised that Bohl is moving on. The NDSU fans thought he was lifer were simply in denial when it comes to the coaching game. Also, he isn't going to do much better than Wyoming given his history. There's no doubt that certain administrators won't look past what happened at Nebraska. I honestly think this is about as good as he's going to do. Like or not, some people do not like his character. I know NU alums and a former player that think he's scum. I'm not going to pass judgement, just what I was told...

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 01:42 AM
I'm actually from Chicago ;-) Graduated from WYO!!! SO, in reality.... I'm laughing at you laughing at Wyoming.
The only place worse than anywhere in Wyoming is Chicago.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:43 AM

Gotta disagree there. Chicago is great, that guy is just a douchenozzle.

Red & Black
December 8th, 2013, 01:44 AM
This seems to be 100% driven by money, which is unfortunate, but the name of the game. It'll be interesting to see what we can do in Laramie. Wyoming wouldn't even be in the top 25 in the FCS.

bojeta
Cal Poly 24 Wyoming 22
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v455/bojeta/CPWymg2_zps63e2317b.jpg

Drblankstare
Just got home and saw the news. I'm really not that surprised that Bohl is moving on. The NDSU fans thought he was lifer were simply in denial when it comes to the coaching game. Also, he isn't going to do much better than Wyoming given his history. There's no doubt that certain administrators won't look past what happened at Nebraska. I honestly think this is about as good as he's going to do. Like or not, some people do not like his character. I know NU alums and a former player that think he's scum. I'm not going to pass judgement, just what I was told...
If the reports can be believed, it sounds like hes getting a damn good deal from Wyoming. Money is good, private jet, his pick of coeds.:D Sorry I just had to.

larssc
Around 250k sounds right, I tried googling it but couldn't find a salary..

In 2012 DC paid $165,000 salary 25,000 max bonus. (USA Today)

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2013, 01:45 AM

I lived for a decade in Chicago. I can confirm this is true.

Wyoming

OK let me rephrase..... I say Chicago because it's the closest big city for you to pick out on a map. I'm actually in DeKalb... Across the street from NIU ;-)

but i still laugh a North Dakota people making fun of anyone....

Mr. C
Hell no, Lakes is going to be our new HC.
And you are going to be Lakes' offensive coordinator?

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Gotta disagree there. Chicago is great, that guy is just a douchenozzle.
I am there twice a week. I hate it.
Certain areas are ok, unfortunately where I work is not so nice. The airport, dont even get me started. :)

buffalobill
December 8th, 2013, 01:47 AM
About the only thing I ever agreed with, as far as the French are concerned, was their saying of "The king is dead long live the king" I suspect we will weather this storm as well! Hail The Herd!

slostang
Most if not all here would switch jobs if another company offered to triple your salary. If you say other wise you not telling the truth.

Squealofthepig

Can I be the Tight Ends coach? I just want the giggle-inducing business cards.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:48 AM

Maybe, you wanna write the story that no one will read? I'll get you exclusive access.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2013, 01:49 AM
Do you wear a mask and make pregame inspirational videos for Wyoming football that you post on youtube? I think I know you...

NDSUSR
If the reports can be believed, it sounds like hes getting a damn good deal from Wyoming. Money is good, private jet, his pick of coeds.:D Sorry I just had to.

Whats the ranking of the coeds?
Number agreed upon in contract?

Do tell!!!

Twentysix
Do you wear a mask and make pregame inspirational videos for Wyoming football that you post on youtube? I think I know you...

hahahahahahahahahahaha God you are on tonight.

Wyoming
I am there twice a week. I hate it.
Certain areas are ok, unfortunately where I work is not so nice. The airport, dont even get me started. :)

Thats funny you say airport... I am an air traffic controller ;-)

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 01:50 AM
OK let me rephrase..... I say Chicago because it's the closest big city for you to pick out on a map. I'm actually in DeKalb... Across the street from NIU ;-)

but i still laugh a North Dakota people making fun of anyone....

Why? Every state makes fun of every other state. I make fun of the southern states all the time. Nothing wrong with having pride in your state, and I live in Fargo ND and have pride in that. Good jobs, low crime rate, nice people, lots o money in the coffers. Oh and Bison football! Pretty nice life up here, and I'm sure other people in other states can say the same about where they live.

Twentysix

In dekalb?

Does bohl get to fly the plane?

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Every state makes fun of every other state. I make fun of the southern states all the time. Nothing wrong with having pride in your state, and I live in Fargo ND and have pride in that. Good jobs, low crime rate, nice people, lots o money in the coffers. Oh and Bison football! Pretty nice life up here, and I'm sure other people in other states can say the same about where they live.

Except that it's basically ****ing antartica in the winter.

centennial
It seems like there is an Exceptional Culture among the Bison. That is what I want to see the Pokes establish. Again, much respect for NDSU.
We have no respect for your town, university, football program. You are wasting your time here. We aren't going to give you any information on Bohl. I would tell you to use the search but that might be too complicated for you. Tell me, are you really a Wyoming alumini? Did you education entail a BA in university studies?
http://www.uwyo.edu/unst/

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 01:51 AM

I wouldn't mind living in Fargo...

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 01:51 AM
Most if not all here would switch jobs if another company offered to triple your salary. If you say other wise you not telling the truth.

Sure any given day. UNLESS I AM UNDER CONTRACT.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:52 AM

Contracts are made up in a right to work state anyway.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 01:52 AM
We have no respect for your town, university, football program. You are wasting your time here. We aren't going to give you any information on Bohl. I would tell you to use the search but that might be too complicated for you. Tell me, are you really a Wyoming alumini? Did you education entail a BA in university studies?
http://www.uwyo.edu/unst/

;-) nope... I see you have the same degree
http://www.ndsu.edu/univ_studies/bachelor_of_university_studies/

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:53 AM
;-) nope... I see you have the same degree
http://www.ndsu.edu/univ_studies/bachelor_of_university_studies/

Yeah, but ours is better. Deal with it.

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 01:54 AM
I listen to the chatter on ch#9 when we are headed to the runway or gate.
That's a job you can have. Its communication on a whole different level.
How anything goes right at ORD is a mystery to me.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 01:54 AM
I wouldn't mind living in Fargo...

I'm sure you would like it, you could watch a real football team play and win. Ha jk. Its damn cold but it keeps the riff raff out.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Yeah, but ours is better. Deal with it.

Slams Wyoming for having a University Studies degree....... forgets to google and see if NDSU has the same degree.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Slams Wyoming for having a University Studies degree....... forgets to google and see if NDSU has the same degree.

Haha, I thought about PMing him about it, but decided not too. I'm feeling bad tonight. ;)

BattinRam
December 8th, 2013, 01:56 AM

Jeez, Wyoming. Even the little ole Missouri State Bears have beaten you guys in basketball the last 3 times we have played you.
Your not exactly a scary program, but it's good to see you have no problem coming down here with us FCS bottom feeders, you must feel at home.

Big Rack
December 8th, 2013, 01:57 AM
NDSU is like the Dallas Cowboys. You play for the star, not the coach.

Also, live in Bismarck, not Fargo.

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 01:57 AM
Contracts are made up in a right to work state anyway.
More to it than the legal aspect. My attorney tells me to break any agreement I have ever made and not to worry about it.
I care more about my reputation than the legal implications.
This of Bohls folly.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 01:58 AM
I just realized SHSU lost. My anger about Bohl has lessened and joy has taken over. Cya KittyCats!

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2013, 01:59 AM
Jeez, Wyoming. Even the little ole Missouri State Bears have beaten you guys in basketball the last 3 times we have played you.
Your not exactly a scary program, but it's good to see you have no problem coming down here with us FCS bottom feeders, you must feel at home.

Hey now, Missouri State had Charlie Spoonhouer (sp) and some great teams that made a lot of noise in the NCAA tourney when he was at (then) SMSU. Remember them beating Clemson? They had signs saying "No Clemson After Atlanta" and damned if they didn't back that up. Also Cheryl Burnett and that whole ladies program deal.

centennial
Not the point at all.
PS- I knew NDSU has a University Studies degree.

Wyoming
Actually, I don't work at ORD... but another FAA control tower. Anyways, ORD's new runway will keep flow going a little better in the future. The guys you really should be thanking for a job well done are the radar controllers at C90 tracon and ZAU... they keep you flowing into Chicago airspace safely.

Texas
NDSU is like the Dallas Cowboys. You play for the star, not the coach.

Also, live in Bismarck, not Fargo.

What?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
What was Bohl suppose to do? He was never going to get a "good" FBS job straight from NDSU given his history. If he wants to coach in FBS he has to take what he can get. This is a guy with a Bobby Petrino-esque background. I think his "shady" departure from NDSU is pretty fitting for him....

Sader87
December 8th, 2013, 02:00 AM
I find this chatter pretty comical.....nothing substantial is going to change.

Do you really think Wyoming is going to be a great team in the FBS world because Bohl is coaching there? Ummmm, no.

Do you really think NDSU with one of the best followings, best facilities etc is now going to be an also-ran in FCS? Ummmmm, no.

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 02:03 AM
I find this chatter pretty comical.....nothing substantial is going to change.

Do you really think Wyoming is going to be a great team in the FBS world because Bohl is coaching there? Ummmm, no.

Do you really think NDSU with one of the best followings, best facilities etc is now going to be an also-ran in FCS? Ummmmm, no.

Not that it isnt comical, it just caught us off-guard. :)
Its going to be a rebuild cycle for NDSU anyway. May as well start fresh with a new, non-coed banging, coach.

Big Rack
December 8th, 2013, 02:04 AM
What?

Fargo is a horrible place to live. Bismarck is a great place to live. Fargo is flat and Bismarck has mountains compared to Fargo. :)

centennial
December 8th, 2013, 02:04 AM
What was Bohl suppose to do? He was never going to get a "good" FBS job straight from NDSU given his history. If he wants to coach in FBS he has to take what he can get. This is a guy with a Bobby Petrino-esque background. I think his "shady" departure from NDSU is pretty fitting for him....
If all this is true, you have the whole FCS now thinking he is shady. He is not making any friends by pulling this. Rather, if he fails at Wyoming he won't have anywhere to go. He will be set for life either way.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/420539/group/homepage/

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 02:05 AM
Fargo is a horrible place to live. Bismarck is a great place to live. Fargo is flat and Bismarck has mountains compared to Fargo. :)

I was talking about the Dallas cowboy part.

Sycamore62
December 8th, 2013, 02:06 AM
If all this is true, you have the whole FCS now thinking he is shady. He is not making any friends by pulling this. Rather, if he fails at Wyoming he won't have anywhere to go. He will be set for life either way.

Even below average coaches find jobs when they get fired

Big Rack
December 8th, 2013, 02:06 AM
How many times has college gameday been to Wyoming? lol

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 02:07 AM

Only a crazy person would make his arguement anyway, the part that didn't involve the cowboys.

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 02:07 AM

If he fails at Wyoming he will get another FCS job. Saying he wouldn't is foolish, NDSU over looked his issues I'm sure someone else will too.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 02:08 AM

Ya cause Bismarck has sooo much going for it, like say a major university? Please it shouldn't even be the capital.

Big Rack

It's called tradition.

centennial
Even below average coaches find jobs when they get fired
I actually thought Bohl would get an opportunity in the NFL as a DC in a few years..

Big Rack
December 8th, 2013, 02:09 AM
Ya cause Bismarck has sooo much going for it, like say a major university? Please it shouldn't even be the capital.

You like flat and I don't.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 02:09 AM

They got to choose between NDSU and the prison. They choose a prison.. Man that was shortsighted.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 02:10 AM

No guys like flat! Ha :)

BattinRam
December 8th, 2013, 02:11 AM
Well I feel for you NDSU, as a Bear fan I've been through this many times. Still kinda happy that Alford still hasn't made as far as he did while he was at SMS in the NCAA's.
Now for a little humor,
You have my permission to go ahead and steal our football coach away from us if you would like to.

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 02:12 AM
They got to choose between NDSU and the prison. They choose a prison.. Man that was shortsighted.

Sounds like Huntsville, execpt we choose all the prisons and a university and gave up the capital part.

Big Rack

I agree.

Wyoming

Same thing happened in Wyoming.... Rawlins chose the prison....

Big Rack
December 8th, 2013, 02:16 AM
I may be wrong, but I don't see NDSU losing any major recruits to Wyoming. The ones we do lose would be players not wanting to contend for the top prize.

Big Rack
December 8th, 2013, 02:18 AM
No guys like flat! Ha :)

Fargo isn't even a little bumpy. :). I went to NDSU and hated the flatness of Fargo. I am glad the women were not. :)

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 02:20 AM
I may be wrong, but I don't see NDSU losing any major recruits to Wyoming. The ones we do lose would be players not wanting to contend for the top prize.

Or.... you could lose players that want to play against the Oregon's and Michigan State's of the college football world.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/mtn-west/wyoming-cowboys.php

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 02:22 AM

Agreed, maybe some players from the South that wanna play FBS but as far as kids that are up in Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa etc I think NDSU is still very attractive.

Big Rack
December 8th, 2013, 02:24 AM
Or.... you could lose players that want to play against the Oregon's and Michigan State's of the college football world.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/mtn-west/wyoming-cowboys.php

Are you serious?

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Are you serious?

He says "want to play", not "want to beat", so he's at least being realistic about Wyoming's value proposition.

Big Rack
December 8th, 2013, 02:28 AM
He says "want to play", not "want to beat", so he's at least being realistic about Wyoming's value proposition.

Wyoming could save a lot of money and move down to FSC.

Sader87
December 8th, 2013, 02:32 AM
You will never hear from Coach Bohl again....good for him to get this gig and scratch, but there is no way in hell anyone wins at Wyoming on the FBS level to ever enter the national conversation ever again.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 02:34 AM

Listen... winning a National Championship at your level is impressive. I doubt Wyoming could compete. However, there are kids out there that want that title of being a D1 football player... its not that far fetched.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2013, 02:37 AM
You will never hear from Coach Bohl again....good for him to get this gig and scratch, but there is no way in hell anyone wins at Wyoming on the FBS level to ever enter the national conversation ever again.

They did give Temple a bowl victory a few years ago!

To say that Wyoming will NEVER enter the national conversation is a bit far imo. I can easily see Wyoming having a stretch where they flirt with the Top 25. The MWC is a solid league. That alone gives Wyoming a platform to succeed...

There's far worse places he could have ended up. FIU, FAU, EMU etc. I think he did OK all things considered....

Big Rack
December 8th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Listen... winning a National Championship at your level is impressive. I doubt Wyoming could compete. However, there are kids out there that want that title of being a D1 football player... its not that far fetched.

Randy Moss, Tony Romo, and Demarcus Ware don't seem to care.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 02:42 AM
Randy Moss, Tony Romo, and Demarcus Ware don't seem to care.

Randy Moss had his scholarship revoked from Notre Dame..... in any case... there will always be exceptions.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 02:43 AM

You are right. However with BCS moving towards playoffs isn't it realistic that a player would want to play for a team w a chance at winning a title regardless of FCS/FBS classification? Why play for Wyoming, who currently has no chance of winning anything or being in a sub par bowl game when you could play for NDSU, MSU, SHSU, EW and compete for a natty?

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 02:47 AM
You are right. However with BCS moving towards playoffs isn't it realistic that a player would want to play for a team w a chance at winning a title regardless of FCS/FBS classification? Why play for Wyoming, who currently has no chance of winning anything or being in a sub par bowl game when you could play for NDSU, MSU, SHSU, EW and compete for a natty?

Because outside of North Dakota..... no kid from the inner city cares about winning a FCS "natty"...... they want to tell there boys back on the block that they played against D1 talent. (although i think there is more d1 talent on NDSU than wyo)

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2013, 02:48 AM
there are kids out there that want that title of being a D1 football player... its not that far fetched.

Again, I give you credit for being realistic (though I should also note - as you're outing yourself anyway - that FCS IS also division 1).

centennial
December 8th, 2013, 02:49 AM
Going to bed. I am done being mad. I still think we have a good chance especially if and DC and OC are still there. Bohl is going to get a lot of bad press, since NDSU is the FCS ESPN darling right now.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 02:50 AM
Again, I give you credit for being realistic (though I should also note - as you're outing yourself anyway - that FCS IS also division 1).

pardon me... you know what i am getting at.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2013, 02:51 AM
Well that's obvious given your username.

Well I feel for you NDSU, as a Bear fan I've been through this many times. Still kinda happy that Alford still hasn't made as far as he did while he was at SMS in the NCAA's.
Now for a little humor,
You have my permission to go ahead and steal our football coach away from us if you would like to.
Funny thing is Terry Allen was offered the NDSU head coaching job back in 2003. He declined, the job was offered to Bohl, and the rest was history.

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2013, 02:52 AM
Because outside of North Dakota..... no kid from the inner city cares about winning a FCS "natty"...... they want to tell there boys back on the block that they played against D1 talent. (although i think there is more d1 talent on NDSU than wyo)

Wyoming's goal is to impress "inner city kids" in the hood, then, with participation ribbons from their former players?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 8th, 2013, 02:54 AM

Wyoming is not the dregs of FBS football. They've been a respectable/decent program the last 25 years.

To those who thought Bohl was in high demand, this should be a reality check though.

To keep winning and still have no options I think would wear on Bohl. He knew his past was going to prevent him for aiming too high...

MTfan4life
December 8th, 2013, 03:52 AM
They did give Temple a bowl victory a few years ago!

To say that Wyoming will NEVER enter the national conversation is a bit far imo. I can easily see Wyoming having a stretch where they flirt with the Top 25. The MWC is a solid league. That alone gives Wyoming a platform to succeed...

There's far worse places he could have ended up. FIU, FAU, EMU etc. I think he did OK all things considered....

I'm sure this has been mentioned in this mammoth thread, but tell that to Joe Glenn. Jumping up to Wyoming from winning the National Championship at Montana led to him coaching at South Dakota ten years later. Just because you're going FBS doesn't mean it's going to better you're future.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 03:57 AM
Wyoming is not the dregs of FBS football. They've been a respectable/decent program the last 25 years.

To those who thought Bohl was in high demand, this should be a reality check though.

To keep winning and still have no options I think would wear on Bohl. He knew his past was going to prevent him for aiming too high...

So a kid with D1 talent wants to play for a respectable/decent team? That's laughable, cmon man. And I didn't think Bohl was even Bri g looked at by other teams, hence the anger tonight. But everything happens for a reason so we will forget Bohl and just move on to the goal of a 3rd NC. Rally the troops as it were, Costal will be a good game. They looked good today against the Griz.

MTfan4life
December 8th, 2013, 04:43 AM
Ten bucks says this was Dustin Monke's (https://twitter.com/monkebusiness) source of generating the Wyoming to the Big 12 rumor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMGj7dfOmnU

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Lol. Is that Nintendo 64?

Bogus Megapardus
December 8th, 2013, 05:10 AM
I live in the east and I have an admitted east coast football bias. I can honestly say that I have never seen Wyoming play and I can't name anyone who has played there. I don't even know what town it is in.

On the other hand, I have seen NDSU play many times. Off the top of my head, I can identify its head coach as well as his principal assistants, and its important players. I know where NDSU plays, who it plays and its overall record. I recognize the team instantly when I see it. I'd even go so far as to say that NDSU gets more coverage in the New York Times than Wyoming.

From where I sit, Wyoming is so far down the totem pole from NDSU, you might as well be comparing Pop Warner to the NFL in terms of recognition and national prominence. What a huge miscalculation for Coach Bohl. It's really a shame.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2013, 06:03 AM
I live in the east and I have an admitted east coast football bias. I can honestly say that I have never seen Wyoming play and I can't name anyone who has played there. I don't even know what town it is in.

On the other hand, I have seen NDSU play many times. Off the top of my head, I can identify its head coach as well as his principal assistants, and its important players. I know where NDSU plays, who it plays and its overall record. I recognize the team instantly when I see it. I'd even go so far as to say that NDSU gets more coverage in the New York Times than Wyoming.

From where I sit, Wyoming is so far down the totem pole from NDSU, you might as well be comparing Pop Warner to the NFL in terms of recognition and national prominence. What a huge miscalculation for Coach Bohl. It's really a shame.

Actually I had heard of Wyoming long before No Da State, it wasn't until 3 years ago or so when N Dak State started making headlines..... sounds like coach Bohl likes the idea of a true challenge

Bogus Megapardus
December 8th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Actually I had heard of Wyoming long before No Da State, it wasn't until 3 years ago or so when N Dak State started making headlines..... sounds like coach Bohl likes the idea of a true challenge

NDSU was a Division II top dog for years.

TigerFen
December 8th, 2013, 06:19 AM
If it wasnt true why wouldnt they just come out and say it?

I'm thinking it would be because of making arrangements for a replacement coach. It's also not bad timing recruiting wise. The next weekend is a major recruiting visit time for Colleges as it's the last chance to talk to recruits before the month blackout for the holidays. This sadly makes sense for Wyoming.

I'm not into NDSU Football, but I'm surprised by this move. I think he deserves better than Wyoming. I could see him working at a place like Illinois or Iowa. He is from the midwest and that's where his recruiting base is. As many have said before, it's also horrendous timing for NDSU football.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2013, 06:20 AM
NDSU was a Division II top dog for years.

yes they were but that accomplishment doesn't generate headlines

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 06:23 AM
I'm thinking it would be because of making arrangements for a replacement coach. It's also not bad timing recruiting wise. The next weekend is a major recruiting visit time for Colleges as it's the last chance to talk to recruits before the month blackout for the holidays. This sadly makes sense for Wyoming.

I'm not into NDSU Football, but I'm surprised by this move. I think he deserves better than Wyoming. I could see him working at a place like Illinois or Iowa. He is from the midwest and that's where his recruiting base is. As many have said before, it's also horrendous timing for NDSU football.

Wyoming can ****off if they think they are recruiting Minnesota.

marenlee
December 8th, 2013, 06:35 AM
Have to disagree here. One of our best recruits for 2014 specifically said he chose NDSU over several FBS schools because he wants to WIN. Several other have turned down FBS offers to win a national championship.

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2013, 06:42 AM
I like reading the early posts of this thread of all the people saying "There's no way Bohl would go there!!!"

Distrust is a funny thing sometimes when it backfires on you.

Think about it for a minute Einstein Wyoming isn't exactly big time. It's where coaches careers die. Bohl is no idiot or so I thought but if this is true I may have to reconsider my opinion of Bohl if he truly takes that job.

- - - Updated - - -

amen.
****ty move to the players, city and Bison Football because we will lose a good part of our verbals, check Easton Sticks twitter He'll be gone to Rutgers.

Dakotaguy74
December 8th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Only place with uglier uniforms than NDSU. Makes sense to me.

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I can accept him leaving its just the whole Wyoming thing that blows my mind, but if they are going to the big 12 it makes more sense.

I'm just getting caught up in this thread and when I first responded to it my comments were correct, Wyoming was/would be a ****ty job. But if true about the Big12 then it makes a little more sense. Still sucks but can understand his motivations.

BisonBacker
December 8th, 2013, 06:58 AM
I wish him all the best, but if your going to cheat at least cheat up. Don't nail the fat girl in the mail room :) Best post in the thread so far. I damn near spilled my coffee!!xthumbsupx

Lehigh'98
December 8th, 2013, 07:16 AM
"Glory days, they'll pass you by glory days"....... Nice run Bison, both on the field and the internet.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 07:22 AM
You jokers are killing me with all your anti Wyoming rhetoric....

I'm curious if you even understand the potential that Laramie has....

Wyoming has spent Millions upgrading its athletic facilities and is second to no one in the MWC when it comes to an indoor practice facility and weight room... And there are millions more to spend.
Some of you jackwads need to actually pull out a map... Look how far Colorado State university is away from Laramie...or for that fact, Denver. No one ever says.... Oh CSU is in the middle of no where... Yet we are only less than 60 miles down the road and we have better facilities and are stealing Colorado kids away from Ft. Collins and Boulder (100 miles down the road)... Every year...Most students that attend Wyoming outside of residents are from Denver...

And to say "coaches go to Laramie to die" is ignorant..... You need to google past Wyoming football coaches.

you all sound butt hurt.....

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 07:24 AM

I'm curious if you even understand the potential that Laramie has....

Wyoming has spent Millions upgrading its athletic facilities and is second to no one in the MWC when it comes to an indoor practice facility and weight room... And there are millions more to spend.
Some of you jackwads need to actually pull out a map... Look how far Colorado State university is away from Laramie...or for that fact, Denver. No one ever says.... Oh CSU is in the middle of no where... Yet we are only less than 60 miles down the road and we have better facilities and are stealing Colorado kids away from Ft. Collins and Boulder (100 miles down the road)... Every year...Most students that attend Wyoming outside of residents are from Denver...

And to say "coaches go to Laramie to die" is ignorant..... You need to google past Wyoming football coaches.

you all sound butt hurt.....

GTFO Wyoming troll

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 07:27 AM
"Glory days, they'll pass you by glory days"....... Nice run Bison, both on the field and the internet.

If you think for one minute losing Bohl is gonna stop NDSU from being a competitive team you are delusional. And if you think this means we can't achieve a 3 peat this year, you're an idiot. The team is more than a coach my friend.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2013, 07:32 AM
This isnt a joke, its happening and it sucks. I am so pissed off right now!

I dont blame a coach for leaving that his choice but damn the timing and blindsiding this whole program is total dick move. Hope that check was big enough...just sick.

Wow! I guess I assume it leaked out but Bohl shouldn't have expected this to remain under wraps until the second week of January? A whole month?!?!?

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 07:38 AM
GTFO Wyoming troll

Nikki... You sound angry. Eat a snickers.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 07:41 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=O-k04tL8ajs&p=PLFBC562FA2E465CF1

yeah... A total dump...lmao

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Private flight on a 7 seat private plane scheduled at 0811 from Fargo to Cheyenne tomorrow.

Thats how the national media found about about Palin! Check those flight logs! Great job!

katstrapper
December 8th, 2013, 07:49 AM
i am shocked at this news.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Nikki... You sound angry. Eat a snickers.

I'm good but thanks for the concern. Why are you even on here? You don't play in the FCS, I'm sure you don't follow our playoffs. You got a coach from the defending National Champs. Go to your own board and talk with your fellow Wyoming fans about how awesome you will be playing in some ridic bowl that means nothing. You are seriously annoying me for some reason, and I don't wanna waste my ban hammer on you but I will just to get rid of your bull****.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 07:53 AM
NDSU will be fine.

Timing sucks but as long as most of the assistants stay to finish the potential 3-peat run, the team will be fine this year.

Next year might be a little 'bumpy'.

Looking forward to CC coming to town next Saturday.

AshevilleApp2
December 8th, 2013, 07:55 AM
66 pages in less than 12 hours. Awesome.

And I agree, the timing couldn't be worse.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 07:59 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=O-k04tL8ajs&p=PLFBC562FA2E465CF1

yeah... A total dump...lmao

Not bad facilities but still a crap FBS program.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Not bad facilities but still a crap FBS program.

Coach is gonna lead us to the promise land.... Or the Las Vegas bowl ;-)

darell1976
December 8th, 2013, 08:09 AM
NDSU will be fine.

Timing sucks but as long as most of the assistants stay to finish the potential 3-peat run, the team will be fine this year.

Next year might be a little 'bumpy'.

Looking forward to CC coming to town next Saturday.

That might be the million dollar question...how many assistants stay and how many go with Bohl?

Eaglesrus
December 8th, 2013, 08:10 AM
...............From where I sit, Wyoming is so far down the totem pole from NDSU, you might as well be comparing Pop Warner to the NFL in terms of recognition and national prominence. What a huge miscalculation for Coach Bohl. It's really a shame.

Don't disagree with your first sentence at all. On the other hand, it's my belief that the primary reason that a majority of people who go to work each day do so is the money. Therefore, I don't see how a 55 year old guy with few other prospects (due to his Petrino-esque background, as someone else said) taking the opportunity to triple his salary for at least a few years is a huge miscalculation for him. Biggest surprise to me is how many NDSU fans were so confident of his character in view of his past.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Coach is gonna lead us to the promise land.... Or the Las Vegas bowl ;-)

I hope Coach Bohl does turn Wyoming around. He is a very good coach and he should have beat Wyoming back in '08. In fact, NDSU probably would have beaten Wyo these last 3-4 years.....with 22 less scholarships.

If any coach can do it, it is Bohl.

Good luck to Coach Bohl at Wyoming.

Theee Catrabbit
December 8th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Wyoming? That's it? That's what potential FCS 3-peats get you? Geez. What a waste of a good coach! I heard rumors, but he must have done even more ****ty stuff down in Nebraska than I thought. Total waste! Joe Glenn comes to mind here.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 08:13 AM
That might be the million dollar question...how many assistants stay and how many go with Bohl?

I'm sure he wants Klieman and Kramer for sure. I would also take Burns, Fuchs, Stanard and Cooper.

Maybe this is Grant Olson's opportunity to start off his coaching career. Bohl said he is the smartest player he has ever coached.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 08:15 AM
Wyoming? That's it? That's what potential FCS 3-peats get you? Geez. What a waste of a good coach! I heard rumors, but he must have done even more ****ty stuff down in Nebraska than I thought. Total waste! Joe Glenn comes to mind here.

He will probably increase his pay 3-5 times.....cannot blame him. Yes, he did have a huge red mark at Nebraska.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 08:23 AM
My question for Ndsu fans is...... Is this not an opportunity? Many of you look down on this....as if you wouldn't triple your salary if given the chance. But what if he builds something great in Laramie... He did a hell of a job for you guys.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2013, 08:26 AM
He will probably increase his pay 3-5 times.....cannot blame him. Yes, he did have a huge red mark at Nebraska.

Info please! What happ at Nebraska?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 08:27 AM
I'm sure he wants Klieman and Kramer for sure. I would also take Burns, Fuchs, Stanard and Cooper.

Maybe this is Grant Olson's opportunity to start off his coaching career. Bohl said he is the smartest player he has ever coached.

Yes but he is a 21 year old kid who can possibly work at a graduate assistant but needs many years of experience before he is ready to meaningfully coach at this level

- - - Updated - - -

Info please! What happ at Nebraska?

Pretty likely he banged a cheerleader while married.

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Yes but he is a 21 year old kid who can possibly work at a graduate assistant but needs many years of experience before he is ready to meaningfully coach at this level

- - - Updated - - -

I still throw this in his plus column.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 08:35 AM

- - - Updated - - -

He would start out as a LBer coach. I'm not saying he would be a DC right away.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 08:37 AM
He would start out as a LBer coach. I'm not saying he would be a DC right away.

Right, I'm still not sure I've ever seen someone jump from player to position coach right away.

Is Robin Pflugrad too much damaged goods? I know he had problems at Montana but they weren't on the field. It seemed he got thrown under the bus a little bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I still throw this in his plus column.

agreed but the bluehairs that run universities tend to frown on it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Right, I'm still not sure I've ever seen someone jump from player to position coach right away.

Is Robin Pflugrad too much damaged goods? I know he had problems at Montana but they weren't on the field. It seemed he got thrown under the bus a little bit.

- - - Updated - - -

agreed but the bluehairs that run universities tend to frown on it.

If anyone could do it, it would be Grant Olson. Bohl said he would tell the coaches how they could run the Tampa-2 better...:)

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Hey I can go across town and see if Rocky Hager is interested!!! :)

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Man to be a fly on the wall at the meeting in 15 min...

T-Dog
December 8th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Bohl will appear on the coaches show as scheduled in a couple of hours.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6ZoPCMZ-05M/Up2A_9AEUkI/AAAAAAAADWw/CRK_HV3k2K4/s1600/tumblr_mw68pgnpQx1r1nl1zo1_400.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Hey I can go across town and see if Rocky Hager is interested!!! :)

Trust me, there are a ton of people who would have a parade if Rocky Hager came back to NDSU. Me among them.

Nobody loves NDSU more than that guy.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Bohl will appear on the coaches show as scheduled in a couple of hours.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-6ZoPCMZ-05M/Up2A_9AEUkI/AAAAAAAADWw/CRK_HV3k2K4/s1600/tumblr_mw68pgnpQx1r1nl1zo1_400.gif

Should be an interesting show then...

Doc QB
December 8th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Trust me, there are a ton of people who would have a parade if Rocky Hager came back to NDSU. Me among them.

Nobody loves NDSU more than that guy. Then why did he leave? Seriously, no smack, I have no idea.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Then why did he leave? Seriously, no smack, I have no idea.

Bob Entzion was about the biggest piece of human **** that ever existed. Rocky did have some discipline problems but Entzion needed someone to take the heat off of him getting arrested for getting a hummer from a dude in a Omaha park known for "late night activity".

That's the Reader's Digest version. Or should I say Twitter? I'm getting old.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Any ideas if Bohl will be live in studio or live via satellite?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 09:07 AM

Rocky is a 'NDSU guy' for sure but I wouldn't want him coaching here now.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Rocky is a 'NDSU guy' for sure but I wouldn't want him coaching here now.

Yeah, you're probably right. I still like Pflugrad. I just want there to be someone to coach this week.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2013, 09:11 AM

huh...Looking at Cherry Hill NJ West HS site, he is not the HC there anymore?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 09:12 AM
IMO, Klieman or Vigen will be coaching on Saturday.

I would love to have Caruso or Hazelton come back to be head coach.

IMO Bohl takes these guys with him:

Klieman
Kramer
Stanard
Cooper
Fuchs

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 09:14 AM
huh...Looking at Cherry Hill NJ West HS site, he is not the HC there anymore?

He's been DL coach at Bryant for 2 years.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Interesting...According to Cheyenne Airport website, N88U is en route from FAR now - not scheduled carrier. N102WY is en route from LAS to Cheyenne. The tail number suggests ownership by Wyoming. Would it pick up Wyoming brass first then go on to FAR to pick up Bohl and back to CYS (Cheyenne) for the press conference??

Bisonator
December 8th, 2013, 09:20 AM
IMO, Klieman or Vigen will be coaching on Saturday.

I would love to have Caruso or Hazelton come back to be head coach.

IMO Bohl takes these guys with him:

Klieman
Kramer
Stanard
Cooper
Fuchs

Can't see Vigen or Fuchs leaving they are Bison through and through.

clenz
December 8th, 2013, 09:23 AM

You keep saying that....but contacts all have outs written into them legally. He did nothing legally/contractually wrong no matter how you try to spin it...

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2013, 09:24 AM
My memory of Cheyenne airport now that I'm thinking of it: On April 11, 1996, 7 year old Jessica Dubroff (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/wiki/Jessica_Dubroff), along with her father and flight instructor, died when her general aviation aircraft crashed after takeoff from Cheyenne Regional in a storm. Dubroff was attempting to be the youngest person to fly across the United States.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Can't see Vigen or Fuchs leaving they are Bison through and through.

Maybe.

Over on Bisonville, they say that Bohl has offered contracts to 5 of the assistants.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Maybe.

Over on Bisonville, they say that Bohl has offered contracts to 5 of the assistants.

WOW!! I mean what a way to depart!!

AmsterBison
December 8th, 2013, 09:29 AM

Let me ask you this, under what circumstances do you expect Coach Bohl to be at Wyoming in the year 2018? I mean, if he's successful, it's not like Wyoming is a destination job... it's more a "how quickly can I turn this around and get a better job" job.

The only thing that I can guarantee is that I won't be trolling a Wyoming fan site to gloat about it when Coach Bohl packs his bags.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 09:30 AM
WOW!! I mean what a way to depart!!

Ya, no kidding!

There are a few former Bison assistants that would make great HCs here. Bohl will take the DC and strength coach for sure, IMO.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 09:33 AM
What I don't understand about the whole flight plan thing is.... There is perfectly good airport in Laramie ;-)

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Let me ask you this, under what circumstances do you expect Coach Bohl to be at Wyoming in the year 2018? I mean, if he's successful, it's not like Wyoming is a destination job... it's more a "how quickly can I turn this around and get a better job" job.

The only thing that I can guarantee is that I won't be trolling a Wyoming fan site to gloat about it when Coach Bohl packs his bags.

It's apparent ndsu isn't anyone's destination either....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 09:36 AM
Now from BV.....Bohl is going to coach thru the playoffs?

Should be an interesting day.....week.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2013, 09:36 AM
What I don't understand about the whole flight plan thing is.... There is perfectly good airport in Laramie ;-)

Yeah - especially if it is a single engine plane as it is. A Bison friend just txt me Bohl is pilot so it makes sense. Interesting, a flightplan has been filed since last time I checked from Cheyenne to Phoenix-Goodyear AZ?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 09:37 AM

So, you're either a EWU, UNI, or SHSU fan who is basking in the schadenfreude or legitimately a Wyoming fan who came to troll a FCS site. Either way, trolls be trollin.

My wife interviewed at Wyoming, the phrase 'only if everything else fell through' came to mind. Luckily, we didn't have to.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 09:37 AM

Go jump off a mountain already.

T-Dog
December 8th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Bohl is staying through the playoffs. Dumb decision.

Hey Statesboro, what happens when a team going for a three-peat learns their coach is leaving?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 09:43 AM
Sounds like Bohl has offered jobs to:

Klieman
Vigen
Stanard
Burns
Fuchs

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Sounds like Bohl has offered jobs to:

Klieman
Vigen
Stanard
Burns
Fuchs

OK, is it announced whosew departing?

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 09:47 AM
OK, is it announced whosew departing?

Tweet from local radio personality.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2013, 09:49 AM
OK N102WY tail number is Governor Matt Mead's (R, WY) state plane.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I really do want to just get through this season. GT is smart, he won't hire a Bob Babich sized turd. Easton Stick is making me very nervous with this tweets but let's just stay positive.

Bison56
December 8th, 2013, 09:50 AM
If he stays it wil be interesting saturday as he runs out of the tunnel. I am expecting the crowd to be louder than ever for the players.

Tribe93
December 8th, 2013, 09:52 AM
It will be interesting to see if Bison recruits back out of their verbal commitments.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2013, 09:54 AM
have you Fargo guys seen a current ESPN3 announcer sporting a pair of shades in town this morning?

centennial
December 8th, 2013, 09:55 AM
It will be interesting to see if Bison recruits back out of their verbal commitments.
One of our best maybe gone and a few others.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2013, 09:55 AM
N88U cutting across the NW corner of Nebraska now on final approach to CYS (Cheyenne) airport.

Bisonator
December 8th, 2013, 09:57 AM
IMO Gene needs to tell Bohl to leave now. Promote one of the coordinators and let the rest of the assistants decide if they are with us or not and move on immediately. I could never have a coach of another team on my staff!

clenz
December 8th, 2013, 09:58 AM
IMO Gene needs to tell Bohl to leave now. Promote one of the coordinators and let the rest of the assistants decide if they are with us or not and move on immediately. I could never have a coach of another team on my staff!

Agreed.

I wouldn't want Bohl, or any leaving coach in this situation, on my sideline

knucklehead
December 8th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Woah. I went to bed with 27 pages and now we are in the 70s. How am I supposed to read all this? Someone summarize. haha

clenz
December 8th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Some Ndsu fans wishing death/rotting in hell....most saying they understand the move. Timing sucks for the team but in the coaching world it is what it is

rokamortis
December 8th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Woah. I went to bed with 27 pages and now we are in the 70s. How am I supposed to read all this? Someone summarize. haha

xsmhx

xconfusedx

xeekx

xmadx

clenz
December 8th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Then a troll from Wyoming getting into it with ndsu fans about Wyoming tradition, north Dakota vs Wyoming state smack

Pards Rule

He's gone. On his way now to CYS airport for a press conference.

Gil Dobie
Klieman or Vigen need to stick around for the playoffs. Bohl's success was assembling a great staff and being a great communicator. Heard that somewhere before :) Bohl needs these people around him to be successful at Wyoming. There is a great bunch of Seniors at NDSU right now, I have confidence they can rally around each other and continue their success per The Herd below.

For the strength of the Herd
is the Bison
And the strength of the Bison
is the Herd.

centennial
xsmhx

xconfusedx

xeekx

xmadx
LOL

clenz
That's about it

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Then a troll from Wyoming getting into it with ndsu fans about Wyoming tradition, north Dakota vs Wyoming state smack

I almost wasted my ban hammer on Wyoming. He was an ahole.

jmrepak
December 8th, 2013, 10:06 AM
xsmhx

xconfusedx

xeekx

xmadx
Best post yet. Hahaha

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Less than a 1/2 until the Craig Bohl show......skipping church for this!!!!!

T-Dog
December 8th, 2013, 10:07 AM

Setting------->My Account, General Settings-------->Number of Post to Show Per Page----->Show 40 posts Per Page.

xthumbsupx

knucklehead
December 8th, 2013, 10:07 AM
xsmhx

xconfusedx

xeekx

xmadx

Haha, thanks to all for the updates. Just like that. I feel back in the loop. HAH

centennial
December 8th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Web Link? I know they put it on YouTube but I want to watch it live.

Ginsbach
December 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM

Per Twitter and Facebook, both KFGO and 740 The Fan will be carrying the radio broadcast in addition to the tv stream. I'm not sure if they'll broadcast it over the internet, but they might.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM

Because the NCAA is full of tightasses, no online option during the playoffs.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 10:14 AM
No web link I believe someone said against NCAA rules.... I'm not 100% clear on why.

Hammersmith
December 8th, 2013, 10:14 AM

No on-line access due to NCAA rules. Available on KFGO, but I don't know if the no on-line also applies to them.

Craig Bohl will appear live today on his statewide television show at 10:30am. CBS Fargo/NBC ND. Not available on-line due to NCAA rules.

Bison Radio Flagship KFGO will simulcast this mornings Craig Bohl Football TV show..

https://twitter.com/NDSUbroadcast

DSUrocks07
December 8th, 2013, 10:15 AM
If you think about it, this IS the period where a lot of coaches are hired at FBS programs anyway, right after the end of the season and conference championships, heading into bowl season. The fact that FCS has playoffs puts a hindrance of this because the playoffs go into January. If NDSU was heading for a bowl game then this isn't much different than the coach at NIU going to NC State prior to their BCS bowl game. I wish Bohl the best of luck at Wyoming. Who knows, he just might turn that program around.

gumby013
December 8th, 2013, 10:20 AM
KFGO is saying they will have it...not sure if it applies to their online feed though.

http://kfgo.com/

FargoBison
December 8th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Majority of #NDSU (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NDSU&src=hash) football team just left meeting room no comments there; team captains and Gene Taylor still in meeting room

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/409719761216344064

Bogus Megapardus
December 8th, 2013, 10:24 AM
xsmhx

xconfusedx

xeekx

xmadx

xpopcornx

xpopcornx

xpopcornx

FargoBison
December 8th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Bisonville is about to crash again...

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I don't think this has been posted here but I think this may change a lot of Bison fan's attitudes if true. From @FootballScoop:

Also heard this AM that, at this time, Craig Bohl plans to coach his NDSU team on their playoff run.

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/409704842848768000

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 10:27 AM
I don't think this has been posted here but I think this may change a lot of Bison fan's attitudes if true. From @FootballScoop:

It has but I say let him go and promote Vigen to finish it out. This is to big a distraction for the players.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Well show time.....wonder how this is gonna go down

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2013, 10:30 AM
It has but I say let him go and promote Vigen to finish it out. This is to big a distraction for the players.
For all they know Vigen may be gone after the season too. Word is he's already offered Vigen, Kleiman, Burns (WR coach), Stanard (LB coach), and Fuchs (O-line coach) positions on his new staff. I'd be happy to see him finish out the season, I think it would be a favor to NDSU and the team.

centennial
I might have to agree. Fire him him if he does not leave.

DSUrocks07

Kinda puts him behind the 8-ball on recruiting at Wyoming the longer he stays at NDSU.

smilo
December 8th, 2013, 10:31 AM
As a Wyoming fan at the FBS level, I am absolutely ecstatic, as I should be obviously. I hope Bohl gets the three-peat first at NDSU.

Wyoming is going to dominate the MWC in a couple years.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2013, 10:32 AM

no your not, all of you think he walks on water anyway

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Sounds like he claims he's committed to this years Bison team.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Kinda puts him behind the 8-ball on recruiting at Wyoming the longer he stays at NDSU.

he'll be taking the 59 underclassmen on the NDST roster West with him

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2013, 10:38 AM
FWIW, Bohl says he's flying out to Wyoming today to meet the AD and members of the team and he'll be back in Fargo tomorrow morning with his #1 priority being winning a 3rd national title at NDSU.