PDA

View Full Version : Bohl to Wyoming

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Skjellyfetti
December 7th, 2013, 10:33 PM
What would you do differently?

I'd make sure I wasn't getting to Boise job first at the very least. Haha.

And, he may have done that... Who knows.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2013, 10:36 PM
If he is really trying to steal the coaches and leaves mid playoffs he could set back the program 10 years back to our transition.
This, this is what I am worried about. If he cleans house and everyone goes we'd be just like UND with coaches... Except we like football here.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

stevdock
December 7th, 2013, 10:38 PM
This, this is what I am worried about. If he cleans house and everyone goes we'd be just like UND with coaches... Except we like football here.

Once again if true, our AD would be very smart to find a step up quickly too.

Bison Fan in NW MN

Vigen will probably stay...... he was on Babich's staff. Bohl would be crazy not to take Klieman with him. Personally, I would prefer Klieman but I wonder what a DC at Wyo would make? 200-300K?

Drblankstare
What would you do differently?
Announce it yourself first, don't allow it to be leaked. Preferably before the playoffs start. I know that coaches are hired guns and they all eventually move on, but the timing is just ****ty.

SactoHornetFan
December 7th, 2013, 10:39 PM
I'm getting sick of these coaches who leave like this, especially when teams' season's are still going. Men like these have no more ethics anymore. And then on top of it we want them educating young minds?!? If any of my kids get recruited by a coach like this I will make sure they never go to school like that. Will refuse to sign the NLI as well as their FAFSA.

Feel for NDSU people.

eaglewraith
December 7th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Announce it yourself first, don't allow it to be leaked. Preferably before the playoffs start. I know that coaches are hired guns and they all eventually move on, but the timing is just ****ty.

I agree the best move probably would have been to announce before the playoffs. Gives NDSU two weeks to figure things out. No idea when they finalized the deal though.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 10:40 PM
If he announces it he can't coach...keeping it a secret is a no brainer for him...Dane thing if he told Taylor. If Taylor knew it was said he'd have told the players which would have made it public...

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

jmufan
December 7th, 2013, 10:41 PM
I think what's most shocking of all this isn't Bohl leaving...it's Wyoming being actively courted by the b12

How true is that?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
I agree the best move probably would have been to announce before the playoffs. Gives NDSU two weeks to figure things out. No idea when they finalized the deal though.

Considering WYO just fired their coach six days ago that wouldn't work so well.

NDSUSR
I'm getting sick of these coaches who leave like this, especially when teams' season's are still going. Men like these have no more ethics anymore. And then on top of it we want them educating young minds?!? If any of my kids get recruited by a coach like this I will make sure they never go to school like that. Will refuse to sign the NLI as well as their FAFSA.

Feel for NDSU people.

Apparently with Bohl $$ > Ethics.

This news during playoffs is unforgivable. If true, I wish Bohl misery.

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Vigen will probably stay...... he was on Babich's staff. Bohl would be crazy not to take Klieman with him. Personally, I would prefer Klieman but I wonder what a DC at Wyo would make? 200-300K?
Around 250k sounds right, I tried googling it but couldn't find a salary..

eaglewraith

Well there you go.

marenlee
I think what's most shocking of all this isn't Bohl leaving...it's Wyoming being actively courted by the b12

This... BYU also? I still haven't seen anything on this, but it's puzzling.

clenz

This.

A lot of people are saying a lot of **** without taking two seconds to think first

Drblankstare
Bison fans shouldn't pretend to be shocked about the move. Successful coaches will always have offers to move up. I think the fact it's Wyoming and the fact that it's the playoffs is what is stunning to everyone.

blackbeard
December 7th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Here is Pete Roussel with coachingsearch a few hours ago:

Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch 1h (https://twitter.com/coachingsearch/status/409513735007375360) Got the tip about Craig Bohl this afternoon. Thus, my tweet, Tried to confirm it with a 2nd source for hours. Nice work by @BFeldmanCBS (https://twitter.com/BFeldmanCBS)

And early today he had obviously heard something but couldn't confirm it:

Pete Roussel ‏@coachingsearch 5h (https://twitter.com/coachingsearch/status/409460985246654464) It wouldn't surprise me if Craig Bohl emerges as the guy at Wyoming. Presser tomorrow.

knucklehead
December 7th, 2013, 10:43 PM
I personally think the right thing is to wait until the team's season is ALL the way over. It is wrong to leave young me who have worked their butts off the whole year to get to this point in the middle of the playoffs.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 10:44 PM
This... BYU also? I still haven't seen anything on this, but it's puzzling.

Agreed...I live in b12 country with a school that files realignment client because they are not a school that would fair well in trying to find a new home. I've heard BYU before but NEVER Wyoming

eaglewraith
December 7th, 2013, 10:46 PM
I personally think the right thing is to wait until the team's season is ALL the way over. It is wrong to leave young me who have worked their butts off the whole year to get to this point in the middle of the playoffs.

Not feasible, unless NDSU were to have lost today.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 10:46 PM

That sets him up to fail at his new job...putting him a month behind in recruiting

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2013, 10:47 PM
Agreed...I live in b12 country with a school that files realignment client because they are not a school that would fair well in trying to find a new home. I've heard BYU before but NEVER Wyoming

With Wyo leaving the MWC....you know what that means right? :D

SactoHornetFan
December 7th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Apparently with Bohl $$ > Ethics.

This news during playoffs is unforgivable. If true, I wish Bohl misery.

No amount of $$ will ever allow someone to recapture their ethics/character etc once they lose it. Pity their souls.

IBleedYellow

Damnit... You made me laugh.

jacoj21
Watch any Bison football game highlight video ending, press conference, Craig Bohl Show, etc., and very often Bohl talks about how this team is family. They play as a family, and they trust each other like family. The way this all went down is not what someone does to their family IMO.

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Damnit... You made me laugh.

PuMp It Up BiT**eS!!!!!! :D (I'm still going through the 5 stages of grief...time to go to bed, but that may not happen now).

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2013, 10:50 PM
NDSU to the MWC!

knucklehead
December 7th, 2013, 10:50 PM
Not feasible, unless NDSU were to have lost today.

It's feasible if the coach decides to wait for a job that will wait for them. Bohl would have surely had other chances After the playoffs.

Texas
December 7th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Watch any Bison football game highlight video ending, press conference, Craig Bohl Show, etc., and very often Bohl talks about how this team is family. They play as a family, and they trust each other like family. The way this all went down is not what someone does to their family IMO.
That's the life of a successful Football coach.
You don't tell your boss you are job hunting do you?

Bison Fan in NW MN
I wish Coach Bohl good luck in Wyoming. Not the best timing for sure but he has done great things at NDSU and I give him respect and kudos for that.

If I was GT, I would be lobbying Coach Klieman hard to stay and be the HC.

IBleedYellow
PuMp It Up BiT**eS!!!!!! :D (I'm still going through the 5 stages of grief...time to go to bed, but that may not happen now).

I finally hit the acceptance stage.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 10:52 PM
It's feasible if the coach decides to wait for a job that will wait for them. Bohl would have surely had other chances After the playoffs.

Better? You mean trends with better records?

What about finding s good fit for you and your family? Maybe that was a big part of it

Drblankstare
December 7th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Honestly any coach that talks about his team being a family is a joke. The players might feel like a family, but the Coaches care about the paycheck. It's a sad but true reality. Players can't move to any team they want without penalty, but coaches can come and go as they please.

eaglewraith
December 7th, 2013, 10:53 PM

You'd never get a job that way. A program can't afford to have a coach wait until the beginning of January to take a job. There's recruits that have to be contacted and a staff that has to be put in place. After the championship game for FCS, there's only like 2 weeks of contact allowed before Signing Day. At that point, you have a coach coming in cold with no knowledge of his recruiting needs as well.

What you are talking about is just not possible. Maybe in fairy land, but not in college football.

NDSUSR
December 7th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Better? You mean trends with better records?

What about finding s good fit for you and your family? Maybe that was a big part of it

Going to Wyoming isnt a good fit for him or his family. Its all about the money.

Bison56
December 7th, 2013, 10:54 PM
I finally hit the acceptance stage.

I can accept him leaving its just the whole Wyoming thing that blows my mind, but if they are going to the big 12 it makes more sense.

PaladinFan
December 7th, 2013, 10:55 PM
Just the common cycle of successful football programs. Furman lost Bobby Johnson to Vanderbilt (along with a lot of the coaching staff) after our 2001 title appearance. I believe that was the same season Paul Johnson left Georgia Southern for Navy. It stings, but you move on.

marenlee
I wish Coach Bohl good luck in Wyoming. Not the best timing for sure but he has done great things at NDSU and I give him respect and kudos for that.

If I was GT, I would be lobbying Coach Klieman hard to stay and be the HC.

Hypothetically, if Coach K were to stay and be HC, how would Vigen handle that considering how long he has been here and how short K has been?

Drblankstare
Buttwyoming

slostang
NDSU fans should be saying thank you and good luck. He did sooooooooo much for your university.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 10:56 PM
Brian Shawn(NDSU TV play by play guy) thinks Klieman will be the next head coach.

Bison56
December 7th, 2013, 10:56 PM
You'd never get a job that way. A program can't afford to have a coach wait until the beginning of January to take a job. There's recruits that have to be contacted and a staff that has to be put in place. After the championship game for FCS, there's only like 2 weeks of contact allowed before Signing Day. At that point, you have a coach coming in cold with no knowledge of his recruiting needs as well.

What you are talking about is just not possible. Maybe in fairy land, but not in college football.
I want to live in fairy land.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Going to Wyoming isnt a good fit for him or his family. Its all about the money.

You don't know that.

SIUSalukiFan
December 7th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Just the common cycle of successful football programs. Furman lost Bobby Johnson to Vanderbilt (along with a lot of the coaching staff) after our 2001 title appearance. I believe that was the same season Paul Johnson left Georgia Southern for Navy. It stings, but you move on.

Southern Illinois lost Jerry Kill to Northern Illinois after losing to Delaware in the 2007 semifinals.

There are one hundred more stories like that.

I'm guessing Dino Babers at Eastern Illinois will move on, too.

Drblankstare
December 7th, 2013, 10:58 PM
NDSU fans should be saying thank you and good luck. He did sooooooooo much for your university.
I wish him all the best, but if your going to cheat at least cheat up. Don't nail the fat girl in the mail room :)

centennial

I have to agree with you, the timing sucks. Much harder to move in January.. still all this could have been handled much better. When coach won a NC at NDSU he makes 400kish with all the endorsements and bonuses. He will make 1.2mil (rumored 1.5-2 and private jet) at Wyoming. 3 years of that kind of money will set him up for life..

Twentysix
Brian Shawn(NDSU TV play by play guy) thinks Klieman will be the next head coach.

Hey man, I said it first... just cause I am not on tv... sheesh.

NDSUSR

Leadership is a privilege to better the lives of others. It is not an opportunity to satisfy personal greed.
Founding member of FU Bohl club.

robsnotes4u
I can accept him leaving its just the whole Wyoming thing that blows my mind, but if they are going to the big 12 it makes more sense.

Just goes to show you, what FCS is to most. To leave a premier program in the FCS to a nothing program in the FBS. Sad for all the Bison.

jacoj21
That's the life of a successful Football coach.
You don't tell your boss you are job hunting do you?

Only job I ever left was for an internship regarding my major in a different city that I informed my boss of basically once I started working there. I also never considered, implied, inferred, etc. my boss and colleagues as family.

I never kidded myself into believing that Bohl would've been the coach at NDSU forever. I, as well as many others, are grateful for what he accomplished here, but some people will have that sour taste in their mouth about him leaving, especially like this.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 10:59 PM
I have to agree with you, the timing sucks. Much harder to move in January.. still all this could have been handled much better. When coach won a NC at NDSU he makes 400kish with all the endorsements and bonuses. He will make 1.2mil (rumored 1.5-2 and private jet) at Wyoming. 3 years of that kind of money will set him up for life..

And if he some how pulls it off, he could jump to a legit team and make boatloads of money. And if he fails horribly and gets fired after 3 years, he will still have 10-15 years worth of salary at NDSU.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2013, 10:59 PM
You don't know that.

Considering Bohls wife is from Fargo and his son is going to college across the river I don't see how it would be better family situation in Wyo.

NDSUSR
December 7th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Considering Bohls wife is from Fargo and his son is going to college across the river I don't see how it would be better family situation in Wyo.

Subtract the $ = stay in Fargo, like you contractually agreed to.

Bison56
December 7th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Contracts mean nothing other than how much money you will make and thats in any job.

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Sure, I'm disappointed he's leaving, but I wish him well. Great coaches have come and gone in the past and probably will forever.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Only job I ever left was for an internship regarding my major in a different city that I informed my boss of basically once I started working there. I also never considered, implied, inferred, etc. my boss and colleagues as family.

I never kidded myself into believing that Bohl would've been the coach at NDSU forever. I, as well as many others, are grateful for what he accomplished here, but some people will have that sour taste in their mouth about him leaving, especially like this.

I've left two jobs...I told neither of them until I put my two weeks in....I also made sure they weren't contracted by any place that I applied too until I said it was okay to do so

NDSUSR
December 7th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Contracts mean nothing other than how much money you will make and thats in any job.

It means Bohl writes NDSU a check for 100k.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Sure, I'm disappointed he's leaving, but I wish him well. Great coaches have come and gone in the past and probably will forever.

Until teams are coached by Strategic Football playing algorhythms, :p

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 11:09 PM
This thread got to be 31 pages in 2 1/2 hours. Impressive.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 11:10 PM

Pretty easy to do when he just sextupled/sectupled his base salary.

Also Wyoming, and their donors will cover that

slostang
December 7th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Impressive coach.

jacoj21
December 7th, 2013, 11:11 PM
I've left two jobs...I told neither of them until I put my two weeks in....I also made sure they weren't contracted by any place that I applied too until I said it was okay to do so

cool

No_Skill
December 7th, 2013, 11:12 PM
So I just got home from Fargo. This thread seems interesting....

Best of luck. Glad we had him while we did.

FargoBison

Well Bisonville crashed...thankfully AGS is here to save the day.

clenz
cool

Point being you don't broadcast that ****....ever...for any reason

Drblankstare
December 7th, 2013, 11:13 PM
The biggest question is, Who leaves with him and when.

Bisonwinagn
December 7th, 2013, 11:13 PM

That's a joke if that's all it is...It should be a minimum of 3X his gross salary.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 11:14 PM
That's a joke if that's all it is...It should be a minimum of 3X his gross salary.

You are kidding yourself if you think Bohl is writing a check. The school he is going to is likely paying him a million+ a year... they are going to foot the bill. $100,000 to NDSU signed Wyoming ;) (yeah, they will probably sign it with a gd winky face at the end!)

Drblankstare
December 7th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Well Bisonville crashed...thankfully AGS is here to save the day.
Bisonville was probably burned to the ground, flipped over cop cars Detriot style

clenz

Why?

Other than your pissed your coach is leaving

No_Skill

It hurts right now so people will take it personally. The reality is, you have to lookout for numero uno ... no one else will.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 11:17 PM
The biggest question is, Who leaves with him and when.

It could be the assistants stuck around until after the playoffs before joining...or it could be a mass exodus....like the Jews from Egypt

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 11:18 PM
http://player.radioloyalty.com/station/8547.html
Local fargo media talking about Bohl leaving.

He says Jim Kramer will be the 1st to poached off..

jacoj21

My bad. Just answering a question directed at me. Didn't know it was a no-no.

clenz
It hurts right now so people will take it personally. The reality is, you have to lookout for numero uno ... no one else will.

Agree completely.

I agree the timing sucks, and maybe it wasn't supposed to be out yet. However, the reality of the fbs world and recruiting means he has to go now or he's completely ****ed recruiting this year

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 11:19 PM
It could be the assistants stuck around until after the playoffs before joining...or it could be a mass exodus....like the Jews from Egypt

Rumor is the entire staff is going with him after NDSU wins the Natty or is knocked out of the playoffs. (but it is a real rumor, not one from a journalist) It allegedly comes from an assistant coaches family.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree completely.

I agree the timing sucks, and maybe it wasn't supposed to be out yet. However, the reality of the fbs world and recruiting means he has to go now or he's completely ****ed recruiting this year

It was supposed to be out tommorow at 6pm.... this isn't really that huge of a leak imo.

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 11:20 PM
Says he will leave maybe 1-2 coaches.. rest he is taking away.
Edit: Maybe not.. he might take 1 or 2.

NDSUSR
December 7th, 2013, 11:21 PM
So much for loyalty to community, **** Bohl.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 11:22 PM
My bad. Just answering a question directed at me. Didn't know it was a no-no.

It's why you will never see a coach do/say anything other than "no comment", "just focusing on the next opponent", "dedicated to this program at this time", etc...

While I was looking for other jobs I made sure to completely cover my tracks do I didn't give my current employer a reason to terminate me. NDSU wouldn't have fired him but it would be suicide for any coach to admit he is looking at other jobs publicly. It's already used against a ton of coaches that "they are just their till the next big job"in recruiting. Imagine how hard it would be to recruit saying "I'm looking for a new job"

2 seconds of thinking brings the logical conclusion out of that

Sycamore62
December 7th, 2013, 11:23 PM
I'm behind on this thread and at this rate I'll finish it after he wins his first game at Wyoming.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 11:23 PM

xsmhx

That is a ridiculous way to approach this situation.

Bisonwinagn
December 7th, 2013, 11:24 PM
This makes more sense that everyone will stay through the end of the season...then he will pull a Jerry Kill and take everyone to Wyoming.

Twentysix
It's why you will never see a coach do/say anything other than "no comment", "just focusing on the next opponent", "dedicated to this program at this time", etc...

While I was looking for other jobs I made sure to completely cover my tracks do I didn't give my current employer a reason to terminate me. NDSU wouldn't have fired him but it would be suicide for any coach to admit he is looking at other jobs publicly. It's already used against a ton of coaches that "they are just their till the next big job"in recruiting. Imagine how hard it would be to recruit saying "I'm looking for a new job"

NDSU also stands to make money by not firing him.

clenz
Says he will leave maybe 1-2 coaches.. rest he is taking away.
Edit: Maybe not.. he might take 1 or 2.

Right now...I'd bet he is leaving some there for the rest of the playoffsthen poaching them if he is only taking 2 right now

Twentysix
This makes more sense that everyone will stay through the end of the season...then he will pull a Jerry Kill and take everyone to Wyoming.

I am pretty sure Bohl is gone. Everyone else will stay until NDSU is done with 2013.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Yikes, if most of the staff leaves....

Big pay increase for all of the assistants. Cannot blame them.

Bring back Caruso or Hazelton.

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Right now...I'd bet he is leaving some there for the rest of the playoffsthen poaching them if he is only taking 2 right now

The radio show thinks that might be the case. He takes 1-2 now and tries to poach the rest later..

slostang
December 7th, 2013, 11:27 PM
So you will NEVER leave a job for a higher paying one??? Give me a break. The man brought you back to back national championships and has you ready to make a run at a third. He left the program better than he found it. To say anything but thank you and good luck is wrong.

NDSUSR
xsmhx

That is a ridiculous way to approach this situation.

It is what it is. Bohl goes in the radio weekly saying he wont leave and wants to stay in Fargo.
Its all bull****, and I call them like I see them.
Bohl is welcome to leave, just not like this. Its on him.
He said he would stay, broke his word. In athletics and life in general, your word is important.

clenz
The radio show thinks that might be the case. He takes 1-2 now and tries to poach the rest later..

I'm not sure it'd be poaching as much as an agreed upon, in secret, deal between the coaches and maybe even Taylor, now that I think of it

jacoj21
December 7th, 2013, 11:28 PM

Gotcha. Assumed you had a problem with my reply to Texas.

NDSUSR
December 7th, 2013, 11:28 PM
So you will NEVER leave a job for a higher paying one??? Give me a break. The man brought you back to back national championships and has you ready to make a run at a third. He left the program better than he found it. To say anything but thank you and good luck is wrong.
If I quit like this I would be unemployable in my field.

slostang
December 7th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Different field. Welcome to the world of athletics. I still believe NDSU fans should be saying thank you.

Professor Chaos
Southern Illinois lost Jerry Kill to Northern Illinois after losing to Delaware in the 2007 semifinals.

There are one hundred more stories like that.

I'm guessing Dino Babers at Eastern Illinois will move on, too.
Therein lies the difference. I don't think any reasonable fan would blame Bohl for taking a job with that kind of pay hike but to do it in middle of a potentially historic playoff run is what's burning us. Had Furman beat the Bison today I wouldn't blame Bohl one bit for bolting tomorrow. Him leaving in the midst of this playoff run is forgivable given the circumstances but if he raids the staff less than a week before a game it would be a complete chicken **** move on his part and a slap in the face of the school that gave him the opportunity to resurrect his career.

Grizo406
Now, I don't feel so bad about the timing of Joe Glenn's departure from Missoula, and the Griz, for Wyoming!

Regardless, I would have felt A LOT better if this thread's title was: "Bohl to Missoula"!!

Tough break for Bison Nation, but I think you guys will do just fine!xnodx

Darlinikki150
December 7th, 2013, 11:32 PM
**** Bohl. Just sick for the players. Wat a dirty move at this time in this season. Totally disappointing.

NDSUSR
Therein lies the difference. I don't think any reasonable fan would blame Bohl for taking a job with that kind of pay hike but to do it in middle of a potentially historic playoff run is what's burning us. Had Furman beat the Bison today I wouldn't blame Bohl one bit for bolting tomorrow. Him leaving in the midst of this playoff run is forgivable given the circumstances but if he raids the staff less than a week before a game it would be a complete chicken **** move on his part and a slap in the face of the school that gave him the opportunity to resurrect his career.
Not to mention the slap in the face to the PLAYERS who made him what he is now.

clenz

The thing is....coaching/sports is unlike any job field there is.

Also, as dedicated as you are to your employer...remember there are tens of thousands of you that they can hire if they no longer want/need you. You are nothing other than a pawn....the difference between the sports world and our world is that coaches know it and use it. They aren't fans they have no real loyalty beyond the pay check the vast majority of the time. That's why fans can't understand why a coach would leave for any reason

SactoHornetFan
December 7th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Different field. Welcome to the world of athletics. I still believe NDSU fans should be saying thank you.

And you want these people who are coaching our young adult children that this normal business behavior? Especially since maybe only 1-2% of all student athletes will work their professional lives college athletics? No thank you.

Southern Bison
December 7th, 2013, 11:33 PM

NDSU also gave him a chance at redemption...let's not forget his transgressions at Nebraska. It was a win-win for both parties and each one was redeemed by the other working together. For it to end in this fashion is what is most disturbing and spiteful.

NDSUSR
December 7th, 2013, 11:34 PM
**** Bohl. Just sick for the players. Wat a dirty move at this time in this season. Totally disappointing.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one calling this what it is.

Bisonoline
December 7th, 2013, 11:34 PM
This isnt a joke, its happening and it sucks. I am so pissed off right now!

I dont blame a coach for leaving that his choice but damn the timing and blindsiding this whole program is total dick move. Hope that check was big enough...just sick.

Didnt even tell the team. He just crapped all over the players and NDSU. I dont mind the him leaving. That happens. But you dont crap on your players in the middle of a championship run and leave them hanging out to dry. So much for the integrity he used to talk so much about.

marenlee
December 7th, 2013, 11:35 PM
This situation makes me wonder why I invest so much money and emotion into this game just to get punched in the gut by someone who should not affect me whatsoever. I'll eventually sleep this off and get over it, but it hurts.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 11:36 PM
And you want these people who are coaching our young adult children that this normal business behavior? Especially since maybe only 1-2% of all student athletes will work their professional lives college athletics? No thank you.

Are you in the working field at all m

This is exactly how the business/real world work...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 11:36 PM
I'm glad that I'm not the only one calling this what it is.

Bison fans are in shock and hurting but Coach Bohl did a great job at NDSU. I say, good luck to him.

The next coach has some really big shoes to fill.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Didnt even tell the team. He just crapped all over the players and NDSU. I dont mind the him leaving. That happens. But you dont crap on your players in the middle of a championship run and leave them hanging out to dry. So much for the integrity he used to talk so much about.

Ya, he should have told the players for sure.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 11:38 PM
Everyone must remember the game was really early in the day. It is entirely possible Bohl was going to call a team meeting at 8 or 9 and tell them... We have been talking about this for almost 4 hours, it isn't like 4am right now.

Bisonoline
December 7th, 2013, 11:39 PM

Bullsh__t. NDSU took a chance on him when no one else would. Then he craps on them like this? Leaving under the cover of darkness without addressing his players. wow. Flight leaving Fargo tomorrow 8.11am for wy. Flight plan was filed.

NDSUSR
December 7th, 2013, 11:40 PM
The thing is....coaching/sports is unlike any job field there is.

Also, as dedicated as you are to your employer...remember there are tens of thousands of you that they can hire if they no longer want/need you. You are nothing other than a pawn....the difference between the sports world and our world is that coaches know it and use it. They aren't fans they have no real loyalty beyond the pay check the vast majority of the time. That's why fans can't understand why a coach would leave for any reason

Not really, I own my Company. I do what maybe 20 people in the world can do as well as I do. I leverage my contracts as much as I can, but I don't quit my clients when better money offers itself up (which happens often).
Bohl made a bitch move and it will haunt him, mark my words. Financially a good move, but his career is on the downward side of the bell curve.
Bohl will never win another Championship. Yep you heard it here first. :)

Bison will be fine, its a rebuilding phase anyway. Bohl bailed on his players and that's what stings.

RichH2
December 7th, 2013, 11:41 PM
A great coach who built a great program. Kinda classless way to move on but really how many other times have we seen the same over the last 10 yrs. May be the way to conduct business nowadays but it still could have been handled tactfully. Fell for Bison fans. They deserved better especially from a coach who preached better conduct.

SactoHornetFan
Are you in the working field at all m

This is exactly how the business/real world work...

I'm in a licensed business field where this would be an ethical violation and can cost people their licenses on an ethics violation. So maybe you should do a little more critical thinking before speaking.

Gil Dobie
Bison fans are in shock and hurting but Coach Bohl did a great job at NDSU. I say, good luck to him.

The next coach has some really big shoes to fill.

Stick around, you will see a lot of coaches come and go. It's part of the college football game. Mudra left, Erhardt left, Morton left. None of these guys did anything for me except coach at the school I attended. Surprised but not hurt and not shocked.

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Bullsh__t. NDSU took a chance on him when no one else would. Then he craps on them like this? Leaving under the cover of darkness without addressing his players. wow. Flight leaving Fargo tomorrow 8.11am for wy. Flight plan was filed.
They have a team meeting early tomorrow morning at 9am. If Craig is really on that flight then he won't even address the team personally before he leaves..

Bisonwinagn
December 7th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Everyone must remember the game was really early in the day. It is entirely possible Bohl was going to call a team meeting at 8 or 9 and tell them... We have been talking about this for almost 4 hours, it isn't like 4am right now.

That's obviously not true or he would have told the players after the game about the meeting. That's the part the still puzzles me is I would have expected him to schedule a meeting sometime tomorrow morning before the Wyoming Press conference.

Professor Chaos
Calm down man, if he's allowing the assistants to finish the season he's doing the university a solid. The guy is making a decision that is best for him and you can't judge him for it fairly without being in his shoes. NDSU will be a very attractive position for other coaches around the country and I'm sure a very good staff will brought in. All is not lost (except for the 2014 NDSU recruiting class) for the Bison, I'd expect them to continue to be a premier FCS program under a new coaching staff.

Darlinikki150

Do u really believe that? He had grown men crying at Senior day. This shows a total lack of respect for the players so he can go rot in Wyoming for all I care now. Bison Nation will rally the boys and the head line will be Bison 3peat without Coach! Oh I'm just do angry!

NDSUstudent
This isnt a joke, its happening and it sucks. I am so pissed off right now!

I dont blame a coach for leaving that his choice but damn the timing and blindsiding this whole program is total dick move. Hope that check was big enough...just sick.

hope he takes saul with him

NDSUSR
December 7th, 2013, 11:45 PM
They have a team meeting early tomorrow morning at 9am. If Craig is really on that flight then he won't even address the team personally before he leaves..

If hes not at that meeting to address the team its unforgivable.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 11:45 PM
Stick around, you will see a lot of coaches come and go. It's part of the college football game. Mudra left, Erhardt left, Morton left. None of these guys did anything for me except coach at the school I attended. Surprised but not hurt and not shocked.

Never said it wasn't part of the game, the shocking part is the timing with the playoff run.

Bisonoline
December 7th, 2013, 11:46 PM

There are talks that WY may be going to the Big12. May be that was the juice that tipped him over--besides the 1.2 million.

FargoBison

You have no idea how lucky NDSU is to have a guy like Saul. If he left he sure as hell wouldn't do it like this.

centennial
Calm down man, if he's allowing the assistants to finish the season he's doing the university a solid. The guy is making a decision that is best for him and you can't judge him for it fairly without being in his shoes. NDSU will be a very attractive position for other coaches around the country and I'm sure a very good staff will brought in. All is not lost (except for the 2014 NDSU recruiting class) for the Bison, I'd expect them to continue to be a premier FCS program under a new coaching staff.

This might be one day where I agree with Lakes. As a FCS program we cannot retain coaches who bring us success..

There are talks that WY may be going to the Big12. May be that was the juice that tipped him over--besides the 1.2 million.
1.5-2 million and a private jet.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 11:47 PM

Agree.

Saul is way over rated.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Do u really believe that? He had grown men crying at Senior day. This shows a total lack of respect for the players so he can go rot in Wyoming for all I care now. Bison Nation will rally the boys and the head line will be Bison 3peat without Coach! Oh I'm just do angry!

Sure why not. You are way to emotional over a football coach.

- - - Updated - - -

This might be one day where I agree with Lakes. As a FCS program we cannot retain coaches who bring us success..

Meh, MWC teams can't either. Their is always a step higher on the food chain.

FCS>>MAC/Sun belt/MWC>>legit bcs conference>>NFL.

NDSUSR

I agree. I am mad as hell at Bohl for the way this was done. I get leaving, but not like a bitch in the night.
NDSU players deserve better than this.

clenz
If hes not at that meeting to address the team its unforgivable.

Tough to be at a meeting in Fargo at when he will be almost to Casper by 9...

gofurman
Has a coach ever left his team for another job in the middle of a playoff run before?

Paul Johnson at Georgia Southern did the same thing (well, word got out at that time)... Prior to playing ...Furman. Odd. I wish NDSU all the best and honestly (though I don't know what Wyoming pays?) would have thought Bohl could wait for better. Furmans 2001 National Title game coach (Bobby Johnson) went to Vanderbilt which I would consider above Wyoming probably just bc you play in the SEC at least? I would think Bohl could have waited for more... But what do i know. Maybe they offered a ton o'money. still odd timing?

gregatim
December 7th, 2013, 11:49 PM
For those sympathizing with Bohl saying this is a business and he didn't owe the players, university, or fans anything more, I say fine. But then we get to treat him the same and don't owe him any more. I for one am not going to thank him or wish him well. I wish him miserable failure. It's a business, and in all reality, he'll be going after some of the same recruits as we will. And for not manning up to your players, well, rot in hell you coward!!!! He owed them everything!!!

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 11:49 PM
Tough to be at a meeting in Fargo at when he will be almost to Casper by 9...

What is in casper? Wyoming is in Lairmie.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 11:50 PM
What is in casper? Wyoming is in Lairmie.

****...meant Laramie...don't know why I said Casper

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 11:50 PM
For those sympathizing with Bohl saying this is a business and he didn't owe the players, university, or fans anything more, I say fine. But then we get to treat him the same and don't owe him any more. I for one am not going to thank him or wish him well. I wish him miserable failure. It's a business, and in all reality, he'll be going after some of the same recruits as we will. And for not manning up to your players, well, rot in hell you coward!!!! He owed them everything!!!

Lol, so salty. You owe him nothing, he owes you nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

****...meant Laramie...don't know why I said Casper

You are the fourth person I have seen say Wyoming is in Casper tonight. I was thinking there was something going on that I don't know about.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Rot in he ll...?

Dude...take a step back.

Way overboard

Darlinikki150
December 7th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Sure why not. You are way to emotional over a football coach.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh, MWC teams can't either. Their is always a step higher on the food chain.

FCS>>MAC/Sun belt/MWC>>legit bcs conference>>NFL.

Of course I'm emotional, that's what die hard fans are. You love your school and football team. Its the emotion thst makes the Bison Nation strong. I'm fine w him pursuing his career but not in this way. Not tell his players, who literally shed tears for him on Senior Day. Its a dirty move and he can suck a tailpipe.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2013, 11:52 PM
Step away from the ledge people. The players are probably handling it better then the fans. Coaches come and go the program will live on. It may stumble but it will survive and eventually thrive. Once a Bison always a Bison!

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Lol, so salty. You owe him nothing, he owes you nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

You are the fourth person I have seen say Wyoming is in Casper tonight. I was thinking there was something going on that I don't know about.

Probably why I said Casper. I've been to Wyomings campus

Tubakat2014
December 7th, 2013, 11:53 PM
I think it's about time players stop looking to coaches for motivation and inspiration. Trust and follow the game plan, absorb all the knowledge and wisdom you can from the coaches you have, but can an FCS or FBS football player really count on their coaches to actually be there for them? Can you really forge emotional bonds with someone that could be gone in a couple months time?

I know that sounds needlessly cynical, but Bohl is the last coach I would have ever expected to do something like this. It really opened my eyes to how cold and calculated the coaching carousel really is. Heck, I give Fritz a week before somebody poaches him.

I still wish the best for Bohl at Wyoming. We can't lose sight of what he did for NDSU and ultimately, the FCS as a whole. But this proves that at least in the FCS, no coach is ever certain to stay, no matter how close they are to a "dream" situation.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Of course I'm emotional, that's what die hard fans are. You love your school and football team. Its the emotion thst makes the Bison Nation strong. I'm fine w him pursuing his career but not in this way. Not tell his players, who literally shed tears for him on Senior Day. Its a dirty move and he can suck a tailpipe.

Lol, I am about as diehard as they come, and it goes way beyond football, hell I have been granted scholarship money for my diehard fandom, that doesn't mean you can't be logical. Some of the posts on here sound like people are homicidal.

Bisonwinagn

I agree I hope he fails at recruiting and in the MWC. If they go to the Big 12 I may root for him again, but until then he is our rival and competitor.

clenz

You, and many others, are letting this affect you way more than it should....

Go rub one out, take an ambien, go to bed and reset in the morning

NDSUstudent
December 7th, 2013, 11:55 PM
You have no idea how lucky NDSU is to have a guy like Saul. If he left he sure as hell wouldn't do it like this.

bwahahaha

The Ville
December 7th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Wyoming has to be worse than NDSU, I know there's that potential of turning a program around and then you're in the FBS to really go somewhere but I just can't see it happening. Like Montana coach to UNLV, some FCS programs are just not worth leaving if you're really not going to a better place despite the FCS/FBS titles

Wyoming
What makes you guys think it was someone at Wyoming that leaked this?Also, great hire for us...

NDSUSR
if he's allowing the assistants to finish the season he's doing the university a solid.

Allowing? It shouldn't even be permitted. As weak as non-compete agreements are, the morality and ethics clauses in most contracts expressly forbid it.
If they want to follow Bohl down the rabbit hole for a few years worth of silver dollars before they head to highschool programs that's fine by me.

Look dont get me wrong, I am all about me and financial goals. But I do have morals and ethics, something Bohl claimed were his backbone.
I understand the timing and the decision, I just dont condone it. Personally I would have waited for #3 and a better offer after the season was over.
Bohl had a very narrow margin for making a decision, his greed overrode his morality.

Simply stated he lacks what he demands from his players.

clenz
Lol, I am about as diehard as they come, and it goes way beyond football, hell I have been granted scholarship money for my diehard fandom, that doesn't mean you can't be logical. Some of the posts on here sound like people are homicidal.

It really is sad to watch people wish death, in a round about way, upon him for taking another job.

bonarae
This is in total contrast to how/what the Ivies do to their football coaches... look at Bagnoli and Murphy. They have had good programs at Penn and Harvard the past 20 or so years but they are still loyal to their programs and couldn't really leave for anything better (if there are still any), despite Murphy being on the low end of the Ivy standings until around the start of this current millennium and Bagnoli having hard times as well. Was Teevens in a similar situation towards the end of his first Dartmouth stint? Meanwhile, the coaches who are at the low end of the Ivy standings (Columbia, Cornell, etc.) last usually 2-3 years before being replaced by another.

centennial
Probably why I said Casper. I've been to Wyomings campus

Clenz you seem happy about him leaving. As are the griz, cat, eagles, sela, and even Iowa state football boards..
In my opinion this is a loss for FCS.

jacoj21
December 7th, 2013, 11:57 PM
You are way to emotional over a football coach.

It's hard not to be. Bohl-coached Bison football teams are the ones I grew up watching.
Could you imagine, during the '91-'92 college basketball season Coach K from Duke taking a NBA job in the middle of the Blue Devils' playoff run to their 2nd consecutive championship?

Squealofthepig
December 7th, 2013, 11:57 PM

Any source on that? Trying to find but just have some vague rumors from weeks/months ago. (I grew up on Big 8 football, so this would be interesting).

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2013, 11:58 PM
If he's not even going to address his former players before bolting I'll lose a ton of respect for him. If he can't delay getting his payday for an extra hour or two to give the guys who've poured out their heart and soul for him the courtesy of a face-to-face meeting to explain his decision and give his well wishes he's got a lot lacking when it comes to personal integrity.

Wyoming
December 7th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Any source on that? Trying to find but just have some vague rumors from weeks/months ago. (I grew up on Big 8 football, so this would be interesting).

Talks of going to the big 12 are completely false.

gotts
December 7th, 2013, 11:59 PM
This is in total contrast to how/what the Ivies do to their football coaches... look at Bagnoli and Murphy. They have had good programs at Penn and Harvard the past 20 or so years but they are still loyal to their programs and couldn't really leave for anything better (if there are still any), despite Murphy being on the low end of the Ivy standings until around the start of this current millennium and Bagnoli having hard times as well. Was Teevens in a similar situation towards the end of his first Dartmouth stint? Meanwhile, the coaches who are at the low end of the Ivy standings (Columbia, Cornell, etc.) last usually 2-3 years before being replaced by another.

Probably just sticking around to get their kids cheaper tutition :D

/obviously kidding

slostang
December 8th, 2013, 12:00 AM
Allowing? It shouldn't even be permitted. As weak as non-compete agreements are, the morality and ethics clauses in most contracts expressly forbid it.
If they want to follow Bohl down the rabbit hole for a few years worth of silver dollars before they head to highschool programs that's fine by me.

Look dont get me wrong, I am all about me and financial goals. But I do have morals and ethics, something Bohl claimed were his backbone.
I understand the timing and the decision, I just dont condone it. Personally I would have waited for #3 and a better offer after the season was over.
Bohl had a very narrow margin for making a decision, his greed overrode his morality.

Simply stated he lacks what he demands from his players.
All I can say is if you ever leave a job for a higher paying job you will be a hypocrite.

centennial
What makes you guys think it was someone at Wyoming that leaked this?Also, great hire for us...
Go away Wyoming..

Bisonoline
I think it's about time players stop looking to coaches for motivation and inspiration. Trust and follow the game plan, absorb all the knowledge and wisdom you can from the coaches you have, but can an FCS or FBS football player really count on their coaches to actually be there for them? Can you really forge emotional bonds with someone that could be gone in a couple months time?

I know that sounds needlessly cynical, but Bohl is the last coach I would have ever expected to do something like this. It really opened my eyes to how cold and calculated the coaching carousel really is. Heck, I give Fritz a week before somebody poaches him.

I still wish the best for Bohl at Wyoming. We can't lose sight of what he did for NDSU and ultimately, the FCS as a whole. But this proves that at least in the FCS, no coach is ever certain to stay, no matter how close they are to a "dream" situation.

Really. It was NDSU who took a chance on him when nobody else would. It was NDSU who gave him the resources to be successful. Its not the fact that he is leaving. Its the classless way that he did it. He talked about integrity and character many times. I guess in the end it was all talk. He took a dump on those he called family.

Gil Dobie

A lot of people in Fargo were calling for Boh's head 5 years ago.

Darlinikki150
U boys are right to sum degree, but its still a bull**** move. And if he doesn't address the team in person then what kind of man dies that make him? It isn't like I'm home crying, but I feel really bad for the Seniors and the rest of the players. They put their faith in this man and he runs off into the night for 1million $. Its hurtful to say the least.

clenz
Clenz you seem happy about him leaving. As are the griz, cat, eagles, sela, and even Iowa state football boards..
In my opinion this is a loss for FCS.

Happy?

Meh.

Able to take a step back and look at this calmly and rationally? Yup.

I appear happy because I ask contrasted by people wishing death upon him in the same thread

Twentysix

The only journalist source I have seen is someone from the Dickinson press, but that could be crossed wires, who knows.

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2013, 12:01 AM

Oh good...the Teton troll has arrived.

Bisonoline
December 8th, 2013, 12:01 AM
Talks of going to the big 12 are completely false.

Bohl said he wasnt interested in the WY job also.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 12:02 AM
U boys are right to sum degree, but its still a bull**** move. And if he doesn't address the team in person then what kind of man dies that make him? It isn't like I'm home crying, but I feel really bad for the Seniors and the rest of the players. They put their faith in this man and he runs off into the night for 1million $. Its hurtful to say the least.

To be fair he probably ran off for closer to $5 million (this is assuming he is fired after about 3 years). Just look at what heisenberg was willing to do for $700k lol.

NDSUstudent
December 8th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Wyoming, where coaches go to die.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 12:03 AM
A lot of people in Fargo were calling for Boh's head 5 years ago.

Expectations are high at NDSU.

- - - Updated - - -

Good coach at a crap FBS school.

frozennorth
they might be joining the big12 in wrestling, thats it

Twentysix

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you are a womens Basketball coach, lol.

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Go away Wyoming..

Sure... Just let me pack coach's bags.... We have a flight to catch.

Twentysix

So uhh... Red chiclet attack?

MNBISON

If not Wyoming, then where did it come from? Do you think Feldman got it from Bohl or NDSU?

NDSUSR
All I can say is if you ever leave a job for a higher paying job you will be a hypocrite.

I never will. Besides personal ethics, I will get sued and never find another contract in my field.
Believe me , I have wanted to, but its just not allowable in my field. 20 years in this industry and I have never broken a contract.

clenz
December 8th, 2013, 12:05 AM
To be fair he probably ran off for closer to $5 million.

At least. He'll get at least 4 years at Wyoming...there is 4.8 million...plus any bonuses he had for any bowl game, free cars, and other perks...

I'll bet he gets at least 7 million over the next 4 or 5 years in total compensation.

Compared 3 million in Fargo over that same time...assuming he keeps winning titles to up his base pay off 206k

Bison Fan in NW MN
Unless you are a womens Basketball coach, lol.

Oh man, don't start with DeHoff.....xsmhx

Darlinikki150

Omg shut your mouth. Why r here? This is FCS football talk, something of which you know nothing about.

clenz
December 8th, 2013, 12:06 AM
I never will. Besides personal ethics, I will get sued and never find another contract in my field.
Believe me , I have wanted to, but its just not allowable in my field. 20 years in this industry and I have never broken a contract.

Well it is allowed in his field....

He wanted too, just like you. However, he was smart enough not to get into a position he couldn't move in from when he wanted too

nodak651
"Once a Bison.... Always a Bison"

xrolleyesx

NoDak 4 Ever
So uhh... Red chiclet attack?

Stupid. No fan of a FBS team would go troll a FCS board. Even if it's Wyoming, it's beneath them.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 12:07 AM
At least. He'll get at least 4 years at Wyoming...there is 4.8 million...plus any bonuses he had for any bowl game, free cars, and other perks...

I'll bet he gets at least 7 million over the next 4 or 5 years in total compensation.

Compared 3 million in Fargo over that same time...assuming he keeps winning titles to up his base pay off 206k

4 years in fargo is like 1.6million not 3 million. And that is assuming a 7 peat.

clenz
December 8th, 2013, 12:09 AM
4 years in fargo is like 1.6million not 3 million.

I figured best case scenario...

4 more titles....or 7 in a row...which gives him that 300k boost on a 206k salary from what I've read in this thread. 500k by 4 years is 2 mil...plus any cars, houses, places,etc... perks he would get

Sycamore62
December 8th, 2013, 12:09 AM
At least he didn't leave for Georgia State

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Yeah, maybe. He did just negotiate a pretty sweet 'FCS' contract though. 500k a year seems pretty steep for NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
I figured best case scenario...

4 more titles....or 7 in a row...which gives him that 300k boost. 500k by 4 years is 2 mil...plus any cars, houses, places,etc... perks he would get

You really think he had those kinds of 'perks' at NDSU?

Wyoming

- - - Updated - - -

Someone once called Boise State a crap school....

The state of Wyoming's only University..... Millions in upgrades... Top notch facilities and a 1.2 million dollar salary.... Yeah Coach is gonna enjoy Laramie

http://www.gowyo.com/facilities/wyo-facilities.html

centennial
Happy?

Meh.

Able to take a step back and look at this calmly and rationally? Yup.

I appear happy because I ask contrasted by people wishing death upon him in the same thread

Every fairy tail has to end one day. Most fans aren't delusional like Nikki. However -
Bohl negotiated a long term contract with NDSU. We acted in good faith and got burned.
He is leaving between a record 3rd playoff NC run
He will probably not even address the players before leaving
He is trying to raid as many NDSU coaches as possible (might leave a few until the end of our run)
He is going to take our recruits using the loophole
We gave him a chance after he was unemployable after sleeping with coeds and cheating on the wife

If all this is true, then it is a really classless move. Somehow I think there must have been a better way to deal with this situation. Not like next year he couldn't get another 5 teams asking him to take their HC position..

Darlinikki150
4 years in fargo is like 1.6million not 3 million. And that is assuming a 7 peat.

I understand the need to further ones career and make more money. I think that's human nature. What I'm having the problem with is how Bohl is doing it. My whole crew is pissed, its just a dirty move imho. This couldn't wait til the end of the season?

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 12:11 AM
At least he didn't leave for Georgia State

If you aren't on a warpath right now, that is funny.

- - - Updated - - -

I understand the need to further ones career and make more money. I think that's human nature. What I'm having the problem with is how Bohl is doing it. My whole crew is pissed, its just a dirty move imho. This couldn't wait til the end of the season?

Wyoming likely wouldn't let him wait till the end of the year... they are the ones with the dollars, so they are the ones in power. Like posted repeatedly in this thread before, the earlier the better for his 2014 recruiting class.

clenz
December 8th, 2013, 12:12 AM

No....by the time the title game is over there is only 2 weeks of recruiting before signing day

Not a lot can be done in 2 weeks at a new school when they haven't had a coach for 6 weeks

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Every fairy tail has to end one day. Most fans aren't delusional like Nikki. However -
Bohl negotiated a long term contract with NDSU. We acted in good faith and got burned.
He is trying to raid as many NDSU coaches as possible (might leave a few until the end of our run)
We gave him a chance after he was unemployable after sleeping with coeds and cheating on the wife

If all this is true, then it is a really classless move. Somehow I think there must have been a better way to deal with this situation. Not like next year he couldn't get another 5 teams asking him to take their HC position..

How am I delusional exactly? I might be pissed and my words are harsh but this is a dick move at this time of the season by any coach.

Wyoming

top notch facilities and 1.2 million a year..... Sounds like Coach loves Laramie

clenz

Farley had them at UNI...even most of the assistants do.

**** the wbb, vb, softball, and wrestling coaches do...don't know about the other sports

NDSUSR
Well it is allowed in his field....
He wanted too, just like you. However, he was smart enough not to get into a position he couldn't move in from when he wanted too
No its not allowed, its just become the acceptable. Its really kind of sad and reflects the moral decay of the country.
I can break any contract with a client with a 30 day notice. Not doing so is a testament to my perseverance and commitment to my clients.
Its what makes me one notch better than my competitors. Something Bohl has proven he cannot do twice now.
If you think the way Bohl has handled this is acceptable, you are part of the problem with this country.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 12:15 AM
No....by the time the title game is over there is only 2 weeks of recruiting before signing day

Not a lot can be done in 2 weeks at a new school when they haven't had a coach for 6 weeks

Who has a bigger boner right now, you or SE?

This is just ****ty. I hope everything will get sorted tomorrow but leaving like this, you are essentially saying "**** you" to the team who has been trying to win a 3rd NC. That's pretty bad.

NDSUstudent

top notch facilities and 1.2 million a year..... Sounds like Coach loves Laramie

looks liked Darrell got a new user name

Bison Fan in NW MN

Top notch.....really?

Wyoming is a FBS doormat and will always be one.

Twentysix
No its not allowed, its just become the acceptable. Its really kind of sad and reflects the moral decay of the country.
I can break any contract with a client with a 30 day notice. Not doing so is a testament to my perseverance and commitment to my clients.
Its what makes me one notch better than my competitors. Something Bohl has proven he cannot do twice now.
If you think the way Bohl has handled this is acceptable, you are part of the problem with this country.

Eh, tell that to the French burbon kings of Spain, or anything else throughout history.

Anyone who talks about decay of society/humankind/country has such a narrow historical scope they are moronic.

gregatim

Don't forget the winning tradition!! That certainly played a big part in his decision lol

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 12:16 AM
looks liked Darrell got a new user name

Haha, darrell secretly likes NDSU a little. He wouldn't do that.

FargoBison

Bohl gets a vehicle from NDSU, he gets a $20,000 annuity from the foundation every year, the school pay's his son's tuition at MSUM, a membership at the Fargo Country Club...he has a lot of perks that people don't know about.

clenz

Bohl's contract had a buy out clause agreed on by him and NDSU....he isn't breaking any contact. He is doing exactly what his contract allowed him to do

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Over on thy Wyo board, lots of talk about Joe Glenn II.

centennial
How am I delusional exactly? I might be pissed and my words are harsh but this is a dick move at this time of the season by any coach.
Now, Nikki there is no need for name calling. Coming from someone in his mid 20's and a NDSU alumni, so I understand the pain. We all agree that this is a classless move but you are falling to his level, NDSU fans are better than that.

Twentysix
Over on thy Wyo board, lots of talk about Joe Glenn II.

And this means??? They are not happy with Bohl?

clenz
December 8th, 2013, 12:19 AM

The thing is he could have had other offers....so there is something about this one that goes beyond the money side of it imo.

If he could have had a dozen "better"offers that paid at least what Wyoming will why this one now? Answer that....

There has to be something more that Bohl liked for his family somewhere

NoDak 4 Ever
And this means??? They are not happy with Bohl?

I guess. I don't get these FBS clowns. You have a terrible program and are hiring a winning coach, who cares where he comes from?

SactoHornetFan

I call BS on this whole 2 week thing. Guess what, all the kids he has been recruiting so far, to come to NDSU, are likely the same level of kid at UWyo. He's taking all the info on these kids. Especially because recruiting isn't proprietary info. If it was; guarantee he would leave like this.

The way AD's have become in the last several years in their attitude in hiring coaches in this manner is downright pathetic and embarrassing. They have become ambulance chasers.

Tubakat2014
December 8th, 2013, 12:20 AM
Really. It was NDSU who took a chance on him when nobody else would. It was NDSU who gave him the resources to be successful. Its not the fact that he is leaving. Its the classless way that he did it. He talked about integrity and character many times. I guess in the end it was all talk. He took a dump on those he called family.

All of those things are great points. I don't disagree with you on any of them. But if NDSU took a chance on me and gave me plenty of resources, you'd be looking at a pretty terrible football team. You have to give Bohl some credit for his coaching abilities, even if today's events expose him as somewhat of a snake. I sure hope he learned something from this blown up situation, and I also hope Wyoming doesn't get too upset if Bohl takes another step up the FBS ladder in a couple years.

He had better address the team in person. He needs to let them speak up, and answer any questions they might have. Again, Bohl did a lot for Bison football. But this goes beyond the gridiron- these are human beings that placed a huge amount of trust in their coach. If he can't even show them a little bit of respect, shame on him to the highest degree.

Wyoming
Seriously though... We don't even like this hire.

You should check out the mwc forum..... Melt down

Twentysix
The thing is he could have had other offers....so there is something about this one that goes beyond the money side of it imo.

If he could have had a dozen "better"offers that paid at least what Wyoming will why this one now? Answer that....

There has to be something more that Bohl liked for his family somewhere

Secretly moving to BigXII? Geography to Nebraska? Maybe this is the best money he has seen. Maybe they gave him a CRAZY CRAZY buyout for being fired.

Bison Fan in NW MN
I guess. I don't get these FBS clowns. You have a terrible program and are hiring a winning coach, who cares where he comes from?

It's Wyoming....

centennial
December 8th, 2013, 12:21 AM

Even at Wyoming and with all the oil/ shale money your team is beneath ours, don't forget that. Our 3rd team would give your 1st fits. Go back to the Wyoming board, you aren't welcome here..

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 12:21 AM
Eh, tell that to the French burbon kings of Spain, or anything else throughout history.
Anyone who talks about decay of society/humankind/country has such a narrow historical scope they are moronic.
Thanks for contributing to the decline. If you want to lecture someone on history at least spell "Bourbon" properly and use correct capitalization.
If you are referring to the Bourbon Monarchs.

When you are dry behind the ears, and your balls drop lets talk history again.

SactoHornetFan
December 8th, 2013, 12:22 AM

Amen!!!

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Now, Nikki there is no need for name calling. Coming from someone in his mid 20's and a NDSU alumni, so I understand the pain. We all agree that this is a classless move but you are falling to his level, NDSU fans are better than that.

Omg really? I didn't call u a dick, I said its a dick move. Its a classless move, its a bull**** move to do at this time in the season. Just let me be mad dammit lol ;)

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Omg really? I didn't call u a dick, I said its a dick move. Its a classless move, its a bull**** move to do at this time in the season. Just let me be mad dammit lol ;)

Ok, hes a dick. :)

Sader87
Aren't Wyoming and North Dakota basically the same? Cultural wastelands devoid of anything remotely cosmopolitan?

Bison Fan in NW MN
Thanks for contributing to the decline. If you want to lecture someone on history at least spell "Bourbon" properly and use correct capitalization.

He is still googling his comeback.....

clenz
I call BS on this whole 2 week thing. Guess what, all the kids he has been recruiting so far, to come to NDSU, are likely the same level of kid at UWyo. He's taking all the info on these kids. Especially because recruiting isn't proprietary info. If it was; guarantee he would leave like this.

The way AD's have become in the last several years in their attitude in hiring coaches in this manner is downright pathetic and embarrassing. They have become ambulance chasers.
There is only 2 weeks between the title game and signing day.

If Wyoming waited until January 10 to hire him they would be 6 weeks without a coach. 6 weeks no recruiting. It isn't about him needing time to recruit high level projects it's about him needing time to recruit period. You can bet he is going to use the **** out of that loop hole....and use all 6 weeks to do so...as well as get all the existing Wyoming targets on board with him.

This isn't as easy to do as you think it is...recruiting doesn't work like the NCAA football video games

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 12:26 AM

Lol good job at googling! A genuine wiki-historian in the flesh! Tell me more about the modern corruption of humanity.

Squealofthepig
It's Wyoming....

Hey now, Wyoming has beaten as many teams in the last five years as Georgia State has in its entire existence!

(That number would be ten, for anyone curious).

Bison Fan in NW MN
Aren't Wyoming and North Dakota basically the same? Cultural wastelands devoid of anything remotely cosmopolitan?

Hard working people.

Nice try.

clenz
December 8th, 2013, 12:28 AM
Secretly moving to BigXII? Geography to Nebraska? Maybe this is the best money he has seen. Maybe they gave him a CRAZY CRAZY buyout for being fired.

All of which are possible....

He no doubt would have had other offers...which to me says something about this one was different

Also lol to the America is falling apart because coaches exercise the rights they have laid out in legal writing in their contact

Wyoming
December 8th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Even at Wyoming and with all the oil/ shale money your team is beneath ours, don't forget that. Our 3rd team would give your 1st fits. Go back to the Wyoming board, you aren't welcome here..

Maybe be he will make a winner out of us. Much respect for your wonderful program. Too bad Coach is leaving.

centennial
December 8th, 2013, 12:29 AM
Fine.. this once. A girl I knew used to go outside and shout as loud as possible. Maybe do that, I tried it a few times definitely helps..

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2013, 12:31 AM
So I stepped back for a bit while reading this quickly advancing thread and played devil's advocate for a minute...let's look into what's being posted & what's not.

- NDSU players had no clue about this via tweets from Brock & MWill.
- Team meeting at 9 am Sunday.
- Flight plan filed for an 8 am departure from FAR to Laramie on Sunday.

However, we aren't hearing anything from the following:
- AD Gene Taylor or President Bresciani
- Coach Bohl (who himself shed tears - as he put it - only 14 days ago on Senior Day)

If what this man has coached, preached, and stated to the public about family, respect, honor, etc. for the past 10 years came from his heart, IMO at the very least, he would've talked to the players before the public became aware. With a supposed departure for WY 1 hour before an "emergency team meeting", does it make sense to any other Bison fan that Bohl would turn his back without so much as an "adios" or "good luck next week"?

There simply are pieces that aren't adding up so far...at 1:30 am.

centennial
December 8th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Maybe be he will make a winner out of us. Much respect for your wonderful program. Too bad Coach is leaving.
There is nothing that you can say right now that will help. Lets us continue our melt down in peace. We don't need a Wyoming fan rubbing it in, we already have half the FCS celebrating him leaving.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 12:32 AM
So I stepped back for a bit while reading this quickly advancing thread and played devil's advocate for a minute...let's look into what's being posted & what's not.

- NDSU players had no clue about this via tweets from Brock & MWill.
- Team meeting at 9 am Sunday.
- Flight plan filed for an 8 am departure from FAR to Laramie on Sunday.

However, we aren't hearing anything from the following:
- AD Gene Taylor or President Bresciani
- Coach Bohl (who himself shed tears - as he put it - only 14 days ago on Senior Day)

If what this man has coached, preached, and stated to the public about family, respect, honor, etc. for the past 10 years came from his heart, IMO at the very least, he would've talked to the players before the public became aware. With a supposed departure for WY 1 hour before an "emergency team meeting", does it make sense to any other Bison fan that Bohl would turn his back without so much as an "adios" or "good luck next week"?

There simply are pieces that aren't adding up so far...at 1:30 am.

It sure is shocking. Likely we will have much better information tomorrow at 6.

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 12:33 AM
He is still googling his comeback.....

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 12:34 AM

You cant say **** like that abou.... well yup.

Sycamore62
December 8th, 2013, 12:36 AM
This sums up the MWC for me.. I'm reading this thread and looked up at the TV and realized they MWC conference championship is a 1 score game and is in the last 2min.

Back to reading

NDSUSR
Lol good job at googling! A genuine wiki-historian in the flesh! Tell me more about the modern corruption of humanity.

I didn't graduate from NDSU, I have a real education. From FSU!!!
I don't need Google to bitchslap you. Go to bed junior. :)

Twentysix
This sums up the MWC for me.. I'm reading this thread and looked up at the TV and realized they MWC conference championship is a 1 score game and is in the last 2min.

Back to reading

Who is playing? I honestly don't know.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 8th, 2013, 12:38 AM
**** this, I'm going to bed.

Still planning on a trip for the Semi,

Still have my NC tickets.

**** you FCS, still gonna happen.

NDSUSR
There is nothing that you can say right now that will help. Lets us continue our melt down in peace. We don't need a Wyoming fan rubbing it in, we already have half the FCS celebrating him leaving.

Exactly. We are entitled right.
They hate when we celebrate, the least they can do is let us meltdown.
:)

Darlinikki150
It sure is shocking. Likely we will have much better information tomorrow at 6.

Great post, something just seems fishy with this situation. I truly want to believe Bohl wouldn't leave this way. Gonna be a crazy Sunday, my intense anger is subsiding now. I would have gone outside to yell but I don't feel like freezing my tits off lol.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 12:39 AM
I didn't graduate from NDSU, I have a real education. From FSU!!!
I don't need Google to bitchslap you. Go to bed junior. :)

You tried to spell a french word correctly, that shows a serious flaw in your self esteem.
The french are the worst people on earth. Mangle their language, titles, and locales as best you can, always.

I am actually disappointed in myself that I didn't **** it up more.

IBleedYellow
December 8th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Is lakes going to follow Coach Bohl to Wyoming?

Sycamore62
Who is playing? I honestly don't know.
2 high school teams

fresno st Utah st

Twentysix

Hell no, Lakes is going to be our new HC.

BisonFan02

Only if NDSU doesn't join the MWC.

NDSUSR
December 8th, 2013, 12:41 AM
I am actually disappointed in myself that I didn't **** it up more.

It only has one correct spelling.
Dont worry, you ****ed it up more than enough.

Twentysix
Bohl will get NDSU in to mountain west - unnamed source.

(Ok it was really lakes, but he was being sarcastic, and has a good sense of humor)

Drblankstare
Unless Bohl takes Brock Jensen, Sam Ojiuri, the offense line and the Defense with him tomorrow the Bison should be Ok for the rest of the Playoffs. Going forward who the hell knows

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 12:45 AM
Great post, something just seems fishy with this situation. I truly want to believe Bohl wouldn't leave this way. Gonna be a crazy Sunday, my intense anger is subsiding now. I would have gone outside to yell but I don't feel like freezing my tits off lol.

How is it fishy?
Most coaches leave pretty much the same way, ask Washington on how they felt. This hiring was probably in process months ago.

I'm seriously wondering what kind of drugs Bison were taking to think Bohl would never leave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

GoWyo
December 8th, 2013, 12:46 AM
I know the fans of NDSU are hurting right now, but most of these comments are amusing and laughable. Bohl's compensation will be 5-6-7 times annually at Wyoming than what it is in Fargo. He'll have use of a private plane and assistant coaching salaries have been bumped nicely for this hire. In 2014, Bohl gets to face Oregon and Michigan State, along with the usual MWC teams. Oregon, Missouri and Iowa will be coming to Laramie in the years ahead. Nebraska, Texas, A&M, Virginia and Ole Miss have already been to Laramie in recent years. Sorry boys, but this is a different level of football overall and UW/boosters are opening their wallets to get the program back on track. Good luck.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 12:47 AM
I know the fans of NDSU are hurting right now, but most of these comments are amusing and laughable. Bohl's compensation will be 5-6-7 times annually at Wyoming than what it is in Fargo. He'll have use of a private plane and assistant coaching salaries have been bumped nicely for this hire. In 2014, Bohl gets to face Oregon and Michigan State, along with the usual MWC teams. Oregon, Missouri and Iowa will be coming to Laramie in the years ahead. Nebraska, Texas, A&M, Virginia and Ole Miss have already been to Laramie in recent years. Sorry boys, but this is a different level of football overall and UW/boosters are opening their wallets to get the program back on track. Good luck.

Does bohl get to fly the plane?

IBleedYellow
December 8th, 2013, 12:48 AM

Back on track so be the place coaching careers go to die? Glad to see that you're wanting to keep that going. You're football program is a joke. Less than .500 winning percentage all time and a losing record in bowl games.

You're so special you little flower.

EDIT: Pretty sure I bit hard on trollbait, don't even care. Wyo is a crap program and I mean it with all my heart. IN THE DUMPS. Coach Bohl will be able to turn it around, but you have nothing for tradition. NOTHING.

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Back on track so be the place coaching careers go to die? Glad to see that you're wanting to keep that going.

How old is he? No idea seriously.
Maybe Bohl like the challenge and money.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 12:50 AM
How is it fishy?
Most coaches leave pretty much the same way, ask Washington on how they felt. This hiring was probably in process months ago.

I'm seriously wondering what kind of drugs Bison were taking to think Bohl would never leave.

Fishy on the timing, how he's leaving. Not talking to the players, not fishy he got an offer to coach a FBS team. Should have clarified sorry and perhaps fishy isn't the correct word but its all I could come with. My apologies.

clenz
December 8th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Fishy on the timing, how he's leaving. Not talking to the players, not fishy he got an offer to coach a FBS team. Should have clarified sorry and perhaps fishy isn't the correct word but its all I could come with. My apologies.

How is the timing fishy? December is when a tin if college coaching changes happen

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 12:53 AM
How old is he? No idea seriously.
Maybe Bohl like the challenge and money.

55 (born in 58)

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 12:54 AM

I'm sure Bohl and co did not mean it to come out this way. You don't go hire and spend a good amount of money just because, for all you know Bohl accepted the job weeks or more ago.

Wyoming has their man they have absolute nothing to lose by leaking it and can only gain recruits from NDSU decommits.

Darlinikki150
December 8th, 2013, 12:55 AM
How is the timing fishy? December is when a tin if college coaching changes happen

Get off my back about my word choices. I will clarify again, ****ty timing for our program since we are in the playoffs trying to 3 peat. Good lord Clenz, I understand what you are saying in the big picture but I don't care about Wyoming recruiting. I only care about Bison football and the timing sucks for us.