PDA

View Full Version : Round of eight: CCU @ N Dak. State

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 12:14 PM
WTF Brock. Vraa was wide open!

jmrepak
I don't think this has anything to do with the players or the opponents we've faced this year. Our team is better than they're playing. However, I blame a lot of our issues in this game so far on play calling. We are going way too pass heavy when we have established the run yet. Additionally, when we do call run plays with our star back we are running him east/west instead of north/south. Clearly NDSU showed up and CCU didn't, but a lot of our offensive issues in this game thus far stem from play calling.

Texas
If you could have beaten McNeese you may have gotten us.

You are clinging to that McNeese win aren't you.
We weren't healthy in either of our RBs(our #1 weapons) and McNeese played that game like the only one that mattered all year. Enjoy your beating by EWU later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Where the Coastal guys at?

Lots of yang before 11 am.

Cocky
December 14th, 2013, 12:16 PM
I think it has a lot to do with the Big South
What does it say about Montana?

mmiller_34
December 14th, 2013, 12:16 PM
In what way? CCU was a darn good team but NDSU is at another level. CCU could beat every other team in the MVFC. It's about teams, not conferences...

I don't think CCU could beat UNI, SDSU, or even YSU or SIU. MSU would give them a good game too.

Texas
December 14th, 2013, 12:17 PM

They are a joke? Like everyone has said but Big Sky fans.

Bisonator
I don't think this has anything to do with the players or the opponents we've faced this year. Our team is better than they're playing. However, I blame a lot of our issues in this game so far on play calling. We are going way too pass heavy when we have established the run yet. Additionally, when we do call run plays with our star back we are running him east/west instead of north/south. Clearly NDSU showed up and CCU didn't, but a lot of our offensive issues in this game thus far stem from play calling.

Might have something to do with NDSU too.:D

caribbeanhen

overrated again

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Continuing with the superlatives, Ojuri looks awfully fresh and so sharp today.

Cocky
You are clinging to that McNeese win aren't you.
We weren't healthy in either of our RBs(our #1 weapons) and McNeese played that game like the only one that mattered all year. Enjoy your beating by EWU later.

your cling to the last two years. Everybody has injuries.

TILIS-BisonFan
Ndsu has hit their t.o.p. avg in the first half somehow

Go Lehigh TU Owl

I watched Montana all season. They were a fringe Top 15 team that survived on brand recognition. Their best win was against a middling MSU team.

Drblankstare
Bison O just bleeding them slowly now, 3yrds at time

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Well the little conferences have had their fun in the early rounds beating each other and teams from better conferences that were inflated by weak schedules.

Time for the big boys to show them how its really done

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 12:19 PM
I don't think CCU could beat UNI, SDSU, or even YSU or SIU. MSU would give them a good game too.
The way NDSU is playing today, I doubt ANY of those teams would be doing much better than CCU.

Thumper76
December 14th, 2013, 12:20 PM
In what way? CCU was a darn good team but NDSU is at another level. CCU could beat every other team in the MVFC. It's about teams, not conferences...

Like the SDSU team that held NDSU to 7 pts till midway through the fourth or UNI who was beating them until the fourth? C'mon man.

Cocky
overrated again
So can we get the names of the teams not overrated? Exactly who was much better?

Bisonator
TD Bison!!!!

mmiller_34
Wow. 31 to 0.

NoDak 4 Ever
Any Given Saturday.

Just not this one.

TILIS-BisonFan

You have been nominated for the 2014 age preposterous statement tournament

RabidRabbit
December 14th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Jensen just pwns the offensive sets. Still don't believe he's a GREAT QB, but within the NDSU system, he's been perfection.

Coastal doesn't play defense, vs Bison O. Wait til the wheels come off the CCU D due to exhaustion.

Red & Black
This is UGLY.

caribbeanhen
So can we get the names of the teams not overrated? Exactly who was much better?

Jacksonville State for one

Texas
your cling to the last two years. Everybody has injuries.

Sure but when your number one man and his back up are hurt you will have problems. Keep loading up stock in that McNeese win. ;)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 14th, 2013, 12:22 PM

Meh, the MVC had one elite team in NDSU and some good ones.

After the whole Bohl thing, the Bison are playing machine like. CCU was nervous from the opening kick.

Mr. C
It would be hard to expect North Dakota State to play much better than it has today. Almost a perfect game. Nice response to all of the distractions around the program in the past week.

DJKyR0
This was never going to be close. Congrats on a fine season CCU fans.

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 12:23 PM

After the whole Bohl thing, the Bison are playing machine like. CCU was nervous from the opening kick.The MVC doesn't exist...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 14th, 2013, 12:25 PM
The MVC doesn't exist...

Close enough...

Shouldn't you be watching a certain hoops game right now?

Cocky
Jacksonville State for one
We couldn't beat NDSU today.

Southern Bison
This is UGLY.

Thanks to Coastal...

IBleedYellow
December 14th, 2013, 12:26 PM

After the whole Bohl thing, the Bison are playing machine like. CCU was nervous from the opening kick.

Showing your Lehigh degree wisdom. There is no MVC team in this game.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

underdawg

I'm from SIU but I'll just say UNI (at the very least) deserved to be in this farce of a play-off field more than 75% of the teams selected--they definitely got screwed big-time.

Mr. C
Poor injury-plagued Colton Heagle is helped off the field again.

NDSUSR
December 14th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Ross is going to get hurt if he keeps this up.

Cocky
Sure but when your number one man and his back up are hurt you will have problems. Keep loading up stock in that McNeese win. ;)

our no 1 QB was hurt against McNeese. Ill take a win over a seated team especially when we've never won a playoff game and our conference hadn't won in several years.

Mr. C
I'm from SIU but I'll just say UNI (at the very least) deserved to be in this farce of a play-off field more than 75% of the teams selected--they definitely got screwed big-time.
No team is going to get an at-large bid when you lose five games. You have to win some games. UNI didn't light it up in the MVFC.

Bisonator
That was bad tackling.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Some missed tackles by NDSU and CCU with a nice run to the five.

Bisonator
TD CC. Finally.

Mr. C
Taliferro with the TD run

NDSUSR
December 14th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I am actually happy CCU scored.

IBleedYellow
Come on. Dang that was some bad tackling.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Showing your Lehigh degree wisdom. There is no MVC team in this game.

Lehigh degree?

The fact you're making a big deal about forgetting the letter F is laughable...

NDSU has a great team but there's no reason to rag on the BS.

Bogus Megapardus
Well, they scored at least. Sorry CCU, but . . . Go Bison!

NoDak 4 Ever
The Bison will take CC scoring like that all game long.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Gotta clean that up at halftime. At least we got something to talk about. xsmugx

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 12:32 PM
WTF didn't we call TO with 15 seconds.xrolleyesx

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 12:32 PM
NDSU seems to be losing a little bit of an edge at the end of the first half.

Sycamore62
December 14th, 2013, 12:33 PM
The MVC won't let them in

Bogus Megapardus
Bohl is saving his time outs for Wyoming.

Bisonator

Tough to stay focused when your up 31-0.

Sycamore62
December 14th, 2013, 12:34 PM
I love how quiet the Fagodome gets when we are on offense.

Nobody gave you crap for forgetting the letter "R" here

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 12:35 PM
FG is good! 34-7 at the half.

Texas
Gotta be nice playing in a dome

Go Lehigh TU Owl

Probably not. The UNI-VCU hoops game on ESPNU is getting twice the rating....

NDSUSR

More like shifted into neutral. The game is in the bag, no need to embarrass CCU any further.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 12:36 PM

Beats the frozen tundra. At least from the fans side.

Mr. C
Craig Bohl: "Our kids are playing inspired football."

Colton Heagle is out for the game.

IBleedYellow
Nobody gave you crap for forgetting the letter "R" here

Lol I just noticed that! Clearly my silly NDSU education isn't very good either!

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Close enough...

Shouldn't you be watching a certain hoops game right now?I am watching a MVC team beat a VCU...and do so rather convincningly (even though the score doesn't show it) UNI has been up 5-7 most of the game)

Lehigh degree?

The fact you're making a big deal about forgetting the letter F is laughable...

NDSU has a great team but there's no reason to rag on the BS.It is a big deal. Two completely different conferences....One of which NDSU isn't a member of and never will be

I would bet that if put to a vote there would be 1 yes vote to let them in....maybe....on a good day

Mr. C
Do you have instant ratings?

CPrice91
If only it had been Montana. Would have thoroughly enjoyed the blowout.

NDSUstudent
December 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
what a kick by the four-toed kicker.

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 12:38 PM
Very likely

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 12:39 PM

It clearly doesn't matter with NDSU's road record.

Mr. C
Tough to stay focused when your up 31-0.
Yep. But it gives Bohl and the coaches something to crab about with the players at halftime. I guess the Bison are not perfect.

clenz
I don't know about double...but the only chance the NDSU/CCU game would have to beat the UNI/VCU basketball game is the fact the UNI BB game is on ESPNU and the FB game is on the main channel....

Still don't think that will make up the difference

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Yep. But it gives Bohl and the coaches something to crab about with the players at halftime. I guess the Bison are not perfect.

Watch the 2nd half. They only get better.

Mr. C
what a kick by the four-toed kicker.
Tom Dempsey had less than that and he set the NFL record with the first 63-yard field goal.

knucklehead
Best halftime adjustment Moglia could make right now is to load the team on the bus and head for the airport. Man was I wrong about this one. Coastal not even putting up a fight.

Big Rack
No one watches college BB until March madness.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 14th, 2013, 12:41 PM

Taking an educated guess.

And yes, I know there is a difference between the "MVC" and "MVFC". Flipping channels between football and hoops created a freudian slip...

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I don't know about double...but the only chance the NDSU/CCU game would have to beat the UNI/VCU basketball game is the fact the UNI BB game is on ESPNU and the FB game is on the main channel....

Still don't think that will make up the difference
There have been some good ratings for teams like Appalachian State and Montana and North Dakota State is starting to earn a similar national following. The ratings for this game might be better than you think, though a blowout doesn't help for the second half.

- - - Updated - - -

There have been some good ratings for teams like Appalachian State and Montana and North Dakota State is starting to earn a similar national following. The ratings for this game might be better than you think, though a blowout doesn't help for the second half.
I have ZERO interest in college basketball in December.

IBleedYellow
December 14th, 2013, 12:42 PM
During the summer Coastal Carolina needs to take their best athletes and put them on the defensive side.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 14th, 2013, 12:43 PM
No one watches college BB until March madness.

Kentucky vs North Carolina later. You really think no one will be watching?

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 12:44 PM
The highest rated playoff game last season was barely over a 1. I don't remember which match up it was but it was a semifinal (I believe NDSU/Georgia Southern). The rest of the playoffs was around a .4

Mr. C
Best halftime adjustment Moglia could make right now is to load the team on the bus and head for the airport. Man was I wrong about this one. Coastal not even putting up a fight.

Can we focus on how well North Dakota State is playing, instead of this negative stuff? There isn't anything wrong with CCU's effort. NDSU has just been that good today.

Big Rack
Kentucky vs North Carolina later. You really think no one will watching?

They will be ice fishing after the NDSU game is over.

NDSUSR
Tom Dempsey had less than that and he set the NFL record with the first 63-yard field goal.

I still think his "special" shoe was an advantage.

Bison56
December 14th, 2013, 12:45 PM
2nd half will be all about grinding the clock.

Cocky
I won't.

Darlinikki150
Unofficial stats

Total NDSU 349 CC 111

Can't win a game w those numbers.

clenz
That game will easily triple, if not quadruple the highest rated playoff game this year

NoDak 4 Ever
You guys are awesome - too easy. I'll miss it when you vanish like Keyser Soze today.

Right now the Bison are reliving the 19th century as their season approaches extinction.

You think you know but you have no idea. Our offense is about to blow up that prestigious D, and our defense is going to be up to the challenge this week. I'm glad everyone is confident that we're getting the ball first. I think we've learned our lesson from giving up three and outs by trying to go deep on the first play of the game. I suspect we'll see points on the first drive after some serious grinding by Taliaferro. He's about to punch his ticket to the NFL combine with this game.

I hope Bison fans are watching the EIU game. That way, it will be more familiar when we do something similar to them tomorrow.

You really think we can't? We have the most high powered offense you've faced all year. After we drop a two score lead on you it's going to be hard to stick to your ground and pound style and catch up. If we get out early, watch out!

You still only put up 24 that game. You'll need more than that this week.

For your halftime entertainment. I'm just going to throw these up here.

FargoBison
December 14th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Very likely

Doubt it.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 12:46 PM
The highest rated playoff game last season was barely over a 1. I don't remember which match up it was but it was a semifinal (I believe NDSU/Georgia Southern). The rest of the playoffs was around a .4
Ratings are directly about the teams that are playing. NDSU is the marquee name now with Appalachian State and Georgia Southern gone and Montana trying to regain its swagger. Towson, with Terrance West, might start getting some new fans after last night.

NDSUSR
December 14th, 2013, 12:47 PM

Funny, but no need for that. I am sure he is feeling bad enough already today.
Play nice. :)

FargoBison
December 14th, 2013, 12:48 PM

People will watch that. But this football game is probably triple the bball game on ESPNU.

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 12:48 PM
Ratings are directly about the teams that are playing. NDSU is the marquee name now with Appalachian State and Georgia Southern gone and Montana trying to regain its swagger. Towson, with Terrance West, might start getting some new fans after last night.
NDSU, even with the name they have right now, will not outdraw anyone when they are playing Coastal Carolina.

I LOVE the FCS. I watch more FCS football than I should....the only time I put the football game on was halftime of the UNI basketball game, and even then I found a couple other basketball games to flip too

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Funny, but no need for that. I am sure he is feeling bad enough already today.
Play nice. :)

I'm not a **** starter. I'm a **** returner.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 12:50 PM
This game could be 41-7 before Ross touches the ball again.

Bisonator
I have avatars to pick thru. xlolx

NDSUSR
I'm not a **** starter. I'm a **** returner.
Fair enough.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 14th, 2013, 12:51 PM
NDSU, even with the name they have right now, will not outdraw anyone when they are playing Coastal Carolina.

I LOVE the FCS. I watch more FCS football than I should....the only time I put the football game on was halftime of the UNI basketball game, and even then I found a couple other basketball games to flip too

Exactly. I'm a FCS junkie too..

#1 Arizona vs #25 Michigan from Crisler is on CBS right now. Despite being on ESPN, the FCS game is fighting an uphill battle.

srgrizizen
If only it had been Montana. Would have thoroughly enjoyed the blowout.

So you think your 3rd straight Nat'l Championship won't be legitimate w/o having beaten the Griz?? Apparently we're in your head even when we are clearly having a down period. And yes, it would have been ugly. Congrats on a great team and season.xbowx

NDSUSR
I have avatars to pick thru. xlolx

Make it count.

Bisonwinagn

Dude you need serious therapy if you are watching basketball over football. No reason to ever watch that stuff until sometime in January.

Hammerhead
Like the ESPN announcers said, this year's Bison look better than ever. It's kind of funny to see how amazed they are with the speed of the Bison defense.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 12:52 PM
So you think your 3rd straight Nat'l Championship won't be legitimate w/o having beaten the Griz?? Apparently we're in your head even when we are clearly having a down period. And yes, it would have been ugly. Congrats on a great team and season.xbowx

That's a Bobcat fan you're replying to.

We don't care about Montana.

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 12:53 PM
Exactly. I'm a FCS junkie too..

#1 Arizona vs #25 Michigan from Crisler is on CBS right now. Despite being on ESPN, the FCS game is fighting an uphill battle.
Lousiville is playing Western Kentucky on ESPN2

That game will outdraw the FCS game in the NW part of Kentucky on it's own.

If this NDSU game has a rating of more than .5 or .6 I'll **** myself

rokamortis
The Bison are awesome - who knew? xrotatehx

Seriously, I know they were great but they are better than I expected.

NDSUSR

I will take irrelevant teams for $100 Alex.

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Dude you need serious therapy if you are watching basketball over football. No reason to ever watch that stuff until sometime in January.
This post is the exact reason NDSU will never get into the MVC. I've had this discussion with NDSU fans for a long time and they tell me I'm wrong.

This post shows the stark contrast between what the MVCs goal is and what NDSUs goal is.

NoDak 4 Ever
The Bison are awesome - who knew? xrotatehx

Seriously, I know they were great but they are better than I expected.

Hey! Welcome back!

You should have listened to me.

Go Lehigh TU Owl

We're crazy sports fans! Plus, I went to a college hoops school....

UNI is not a football school....to the masses.

FargoBison

His school is playing in that game...

NoDak 4 Ever
I will take irrelevant teams for $100 Alex.

Speaking of.....

This post is the exact reason NDSU will never get into the MVC. I've had this discussion with NDSU fans for a long time and they tell me I'm wrong.

This post shows the stark contrast between what the MVCs goal is and what NDSUs goal is.

isn't there a basketball forum you guys could be doing this on?

centennial
December 14th, 2013, 12:55 PM
I think the griz would would've been better. You lost to coastal because of trying to force the issue, you don't need that against NDSU. We play slower. I thought your team was better, maybe not the coaching.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 12:56 PM

UNI is not a football school....

They have a garage door that would disagree with you. xlolx

UNH Fanboi
I really wish that ESPN chose the televised games based on the matchups rather than just picking the games involving the marquee names. It was pretty obvious that this game was going to be a blowout. They always do this.

Bisonator
Speaking of.....

No ****. Take it to a BB site.xsmhx

jmrepak
December 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM

Ouch man. That's a tough sandwich to swallow. I'm just hoping for a 180 in the second half to make it interesting. The most painful one is the second to last. You flipped that around on us and did the same thing to us.

NDSUSR
December 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM
Speaking of.....

My post had nothing to do with basketball. Put the pipe down.
Your posts are no more relevant than any others.
Can you even see the ground from your high horse?

Skyhawk71
December 14th, 2013, 12:59 PM
I really wish that ESPN chose the televised games based on the matchups rather than just picking the games involving the marquee names. It was pretty obvious that this game was going to be a blowout. They always do this.

Yep, the Mount Union snow storm game is pretty good, and the monsoon game at Lenoir-Rhyne is not too bad either, but I hate being back on the computer watching football...........

Bisonwinagn
December 14th, 2013, 01:01 PM

I agree with you. NDSU will have to consistently make the NCAA tournament before they draw fans like the football team. Winning the summit league every 5-6 years will not be good enough. Basketball is just a cute sport for most Bison fans.

Now back to football!!

srgrizizen
December 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM

Sorry, my bad. No reason you should care about Montana for the time being.

X-Factor
December 14th, 2013, 01:04 PM

No, but if my team got beat by a patriot team in vintage fashion the last time we made the playoffs I'd be watching bball too

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 14th, 2013, 01:06 PM
I agree with you. NDSU will have to consistently make the NCAA tournament before they draw fans like the football team. Winning the summit league every 5-6 years will not be good enough. Basketball is just a cute sport for most Bison fans.

Now back to football!!

Basketball is VERY important to UNI. The recognition it has received in hoops trumps NDSU's success in football. I treat equally but I follow sports more in-depth than most imo.

gofurman
December 14th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Yep Coastal beat Furman AT Coastal when Furman was a 2-4 team... Then Furman ran off 6 straight FCS wins once our starting QB was back in place for good. Coastal beat a far different Furman team. Last week I posted that Furman had improved exponentially and CCU was about to get blown out - weak weak run D. And honestly That is exactly what is transpiring. One well-thought out response from a Coastal fan was "yeah, Furman has certainly improved a lot but so has CCU - esp the CCU Offense !" I then said - well I guess we will see if CCU has improved Next week vs NDSU and see if they can score in bunches that you speak of. This guy said coastal would get 30 legit points. Yeah... Right. If they get 30 it will be back door late 4th quarter points as they lose 60-20. Furman was a much better opponent

Mr. C
Some nice runs from Taliferro, this time after a catch.

caribbeanhen
hey, a lil mojo from #15 right there

clenz

UNI is not a football school....to the masses.This is true. UNI is as close to a football school as there is in the MVC and to say UNI is a football school is a stretch.

Speaking of.....

No ****. Take it to a BB site.xsmhxWait...NDSU fans bitching about a thread being hijacked? Holy ****..
.https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRT1xWoUQuvxWVbUpqwLEdEVlf-nzAXBYyPl7pFWDpSngg2gbuNzQ

NDSU would have to completely shift focus from football to basketball. The MVC doesn't have football and has no interest in football. The MVC, and all member schools, watched what happened with the old Big East (the "big version" of the MVC) and don't want to go through that. That is why when Creighton left a private basketball school was added and schools like NDSU, SDSU, USD, WIU, etc.. weren't even considered

Go Lehigh TU Owl
No, but if my team got beat by a patriot team in vintage fashion the last time we made the playoffs I'd be watching bball too

That PL team also beat T-West and Towson...but I digress...

Clenz gets the big picture...

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2013, 01:08 PM
nice catch CC

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Great grab by Hazel on the 20-yard TD pass from Ross.

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Basketball is VERY important to UNI. The recognition it has received in hoops trumps NDSU's success in football. I treat equally but I follow sports more in-depth than most imo.
Basketball is the face of the university here. Still a "football school" during the fall but basketball in terms of money, recognition, television, etc... is well a head of football

IBleedYellow
December 14th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Grrr.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 01:10 PM
****. Come on D we need to shut them out here no more then 6 points.xsmhx

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:11 PM
All of this basketball talk on here makes me want to look for the barf bag from this morning's plane flight back to Baltimore.

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 01:12 PM
That PL team also beat T-West and Towson...but I digress...

Clenz gets the big picture...
Fans from a football *only* school don't understand how anything except football could have any impact on anything....ever...in anyway.

I'm 100000% serious when I say what happened to the old Big East scared the **** out of the MVC and everything possible is being done to prevent that from happening to the MVC

Gil Dobie
December 14th, 2013, 01:13 PM
CCU has made some adjustments, may be too late though.

caribbeanhen
All of this basketball talk on here makes me want to look for the barf bag from this morning's plane flight back to Baltimore.

agree

Go Lehigh TU Owl

Just be glad you got out!

When the game was going like that, a little MVFC vs MVC banter spiced things up.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Basketball is the face of the university here. Still a "football school" during the fall but basketball in terms of money, recognition, television, etc... is well a head of football
You've played for a national championship football, something you will likely never do in basketball, however. I have enjoyed UNI basketball (and volleyball) over the years, but I always enjoy Panther football even more.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Our offense is blowing it here. No energy anymore.

caribbeanhen
Well another big play here for Coastal makes it interesting

Mr. C
Just be glad you got out!

When the game was going like that, a little MVFC vs MVC banter spiced things up.
With it starting to snow in Philly now, I'm glad I got home before the weather turned bad.

Gil Dobie
Another good Defensive stand by CCU, Bison need to get refocused.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Our offense is blowing it here. No energy anymore.

Yep. letting up. Not taking them seriously anymore.

rokamortis
December 14th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Well another big play here for Coastal makes it interesting

We are usually a better 2nd half team but I think the hole is too deep to climb out of.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 14th, 2013, 01:19 PM
You've played for a national championship football, something you will likely never do in basketball, however. I have enjoyed UNI basketball (and volleyball) over the years, but I always enjoy Panther football even more.

Villanova, I believe is the only school to win both a Hoops and FCS title. It's not even close when deciding which means more.

UNI football gets more out of Kurt Warner's name than on the field success. It's not fair, but true..

Game getting interesting!

clenz
December 14th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Yet the S16 run for UNI brought in more money, quality applicants, merchandise sales, ticket sales, statewide recognition, national recognition, etc... than anything football has EVER done....and it's not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

UNI football gets more out of Kurt Warner's name than on the field success. It's not fair, but true..
True...and he wasn't good enough at UNI to see the field until his senior seasion

Mr. C
Most important drive of the game now for CCU, if the Chants want to make this any sort of game.

IBleedYellow
We are missing Colton Heagle right now... And missing tackles ffs.

Bisonwinagn
WTF is with the missed tackles today? Not playing very good defense the past two quarters.

NDSUstudent
December 14th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Come on Bison. Start talking. All the big runs have been missed tackles.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 01:22 PM
**** now Jiriks hurt. I'll take the win and no more injuries please.

Mr. C
Ask Captain Cat which sport he follows more as a UNI alum?

Gil Dobie
Will we see the return of Southern Speed

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Probably should have been PI on Shep there.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:24 PM
You can't play an NFL-like schedule (talking about the amount of games) and not have some injuries. At least NDSU has some of the best depth in FCS.

- - - Updated - - -

Important stop for the Bison D.

IBleedYellow

It's just his shoulder that he has had issues with all season. As long as he can play through the pain.

jmrepak
It absolutely should have been, but the receiver should have added some dramatics and asked for it because it was really obvious but it was there.

clenz
Ask Captain Cat which sport he follows more as a UNI alum?

He's been to more basketball games at uni than football games in the last two years...fwiw

He also played football.

Ask any of our former bb players which one they follow more

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

Big Rack

I thought a flag should have been thrown for holding on the off. line player.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 01:25 PM

underthrown.

NDSUstudent
No way their QB is 6'1"

Drblankstare
Oh ****. Jensen down

IBleedYellow
Brock down.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Oh no, Jensen is down

- - - Updated - - -

Jensen landed hard on his right shoulder

- - - Updated - - -

How good is NDSU's backup QB?

Bisonator
Get him out and let Wentz run some plays.

IBleedYellow
Brocks back.

IBleedYellow
December 14th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Wentz is a good QB, Mr. C. A better arm than Brock.

jmrepak
I agree with Rok. The hole is too deep, but I would like to see us put 2 more up and limit you guys to one more score to make it respectable if we can. I'll take a 28-41 loss. Just wonder what it would have been like if our regular team showed up in the first 25 minutes.

BTW, I don't want the Bison fans to think I am taking anything away from their guys when I talk about our performance issues. You guys have been lights out so far.

Mr. C
Jensen looked good on his first pass back

Bisonwinagn
December 14th, 2013, 01:28 PM
It absolutely should have been, but the receiver should have added some dramatics and asked for it because it was really obvious but it was there.

The receiver should have ran over the defender and he would have gotten it for sure. He didn't really go after the ball though.

Bisonator
Let's have a Bison drive here and take off about 8-9 minutes.:D

Bisonwinagn
Jensen looked good on his first pass back

Just the wind knocked out I think.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:29 PM
NDSU's o-line is taking charge on this drive as the third quarter ends.

- - - Updated - - -

Just the wind knocked out I think.
It was a shoulder problem.

Drblankstare
December 14th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Let's have a Bison drive here and take off about 8-9 minutes.:D
The O line is really starting to take over, Bison will bleed that clock

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 01:32 PM
TD BISON!!!!

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:33 PM
TD pass for NDSU

NDSUSR
Jensen's shoulder adjustment worked.

Bisonator
So much for bleeding the clock. xlolx

Drblankstare
December 14th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Jensen to Vraa TD. First play of the 4th q. 41-14

- - - Updated - - -

So much for bleeding the clock. xlolx
Just to make me look bad I'm sure:D

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:35 PM
The offensive line looked really good on that drive, particularly on the Jensen TD pass.

NoDak 4 Ever
So when do they quit like they did at SC?

I heard they do that.

Bisonator
Interception!!!

Big Rack
December 14th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Now we run the ball.

Mr. C
And Ross throws an interception to Dudzik on the next play.

Sycamore62
I am watching a MVC team beat a VCU...and do so rather convincningly (even though the score doesn't show it) UNI has been up 5-7 most of the game)

It is a big deal. Two completely different conferences....One of which NDSU isn't a member of and never will be

I would bet that if put to a vote there would be 1 yes vote to let them in....maybe....on a good day

I wonder who doesn't want them in. It wouldn't surprise me if it was ISU-b due to travel. On the other hand I think the non football schools they let in was due to the other non fb schools

Drblankstare
I thought for sure that hit the ground. Hell of a pick

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I am anticipating a North Dakota State-Towson matchup in the national championship game. Any thoughts about that?

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Now bleed the clock. Please!:)

IBleedYellow
December 14th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I am anticipating a North Dakota State-Towson matchup in the national championship game. Any thoughts about that?

EWU will beat them.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:38 PM
CCU looks completely worn down on defense now.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 01:39 PM

I think so too. Would be a good battle I think. Both teams play a similar style.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:39 PM
EWU will beat them.

It is a bad matchup for the EWU defense.

Drblankstare
December 14th, 2013, 01:40 PM
EWU will beat them.

I'm with you, I still think it will be EWU.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:40 PM
I would put in the backup QB for this QB sneak.

- - - Updated - - -

A handoff to Lang instead.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Season-high 332 yards rushing for NDSU

Drblankstare
December 14th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Lang running like he's shot out of a cannon.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Lang is showing some explosiveness in the fourth quarter.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 01:43 PM
TD BISON!!!!!!

Mr. C
10 play drive for the TD, finished with another Jensen pass on the bootleg.

NDSUSR
I hope they sit Jensen now.

IBleedYellow
December 14th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Also, I WANT TO SEE EWU. Revenge for 2010.

An entire game between here and there though.

Drblankstare
Time to get the young kids some work.

Texas
It is a bad matchup for the EWU defense.

This. Towson should win.

centennial
I hope they sit Jensen now.
Me too.

Southern Bison
December 14th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Where did rokamortis & jmrepak run off to? They tore down the Boardwalk Pavillion in Myrtle Beach a couple years ago so I don't think they're crying while riding the ferris wheel...

Bison56
December 14th, 2013, 01:47 PM
#2s should go in.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 01:49 PM
Come on guys NO TD's!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 01:49 PM
12/13/2013
08:00 PM (EST)
Towson
Eastern Illinois
+17½ -110
-17½ -110
+650
Over 68 -110
Under 68 -110

12/14/2013
12:00 PM (EST)
Coastal Carolina
North Dakota State
+14½ -110
-14½ -110
+450
Over 62½ -115
Under 62½ -115

I was thinking the under was a good bet but we're looking at it might get blown here.

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Matt Hazel has been one of the better looking kids on the field today. Good downfield blocking sets up another nice run after catch. 8 catches, 91 yards for Hazel as CCU threatens again.

Bisonator
Intercepted! YES!!!!

Mr. C
Bad throw in the end zone for Ross and Dudzik picks him off again.

Bison56
December 14th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Come on guys NO TD's!
Yu can exhale again. xlolx

jmrepak
December 14th, 2013, 01:53 PM
This has not been the game I was hoping for in any way shape or form for CCU. I am truly impressed with the level of talent on your team. I am also not sour. I think losing to you guys is respectable. Unfortunately for us, our guys didn't play their game in the first half and it bit them in the ass. I'm not saying they would have won, but at least it would have been dressed up a little.

I will be pulling for you guys for the rest of the playoffs. After all, being beat by the team that goes on to win the national championship takes a little of the sting away.

I was also hoping that last drive would result in a TD so I could watch Bisonator post with a chanticleer all week. No such luck though. We were trying to thread a needle and it didn't work.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 01:53 PM
jmrepak I got you're avatar for this week ready for you.

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 01:55 PM
This has not been the game I was hoping for in any way shape or form for CCU. I am truly impressed with the level of talent on your team. I am also not sour. I think losing to you guys is respectable. Unfortunately for us, our guys didn't play their game in the first half and it bit them in the ass. I'm not saying they would have won, but at least it would have been dressed up a little.

I will be pulling for you guys for the rest of the playoffs. After all, being beat by the team that goes on to win the national championship takes a little of the sting away.

I was also hoping that last drive would result in a TD so I could watch Bisonator post with a chanticleer all week. No such luck though. We were trying to thread a needle and it didn't work.

Good post man. Congrats on the Chanticleers getting this far!

Mr. C
December 14th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Get this game over so I can get a nap in between games. I'm working on about two hours of sleep after going to and from Eastern Illinois.

Drblankstare
December 14th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Congrats to CCU on a great year. A lot of talent on that Offense, I expect to see you guys in the playoffs often.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 01:57 PM

Good sparring with you this week. Now that I know the game is in hand, I will admit your team has something to it.

Hammerhead
December 14th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Just like every other team NDSU played this year.

CCU looks completely worn down on defense now.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Tallywhatshisname has 4 Zenners today.

I way underestimated the D's ability to contain him.

RabidRabbit
December 14th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Yes, Big South teams should play some MVFC teams for OOC.

Yawn, waiting for the roar announcing the final score.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 02:02 PM
As predicted. Brian Kass in for mop up duty.

RabidRabbit
December 14th, 2013, 02:03 PM
NDSU continues to show its tank like characteristics.

Way to leave no doubt Bizon.

IBleedYellow
December 14th, 2013, 02:07 PM
We play Friday night. They announced that fast.

Drblankstare
623 of Offense for the Bison. Simply stunning

jmrepak
<--- Damn it that hurts

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Winner winner chicken dinner!

http://www.perdue.com/recipes/recipeimages/Easy%20Sunder%20Dinner%20Roast%20Chicken.jpg

Drblankstare
December 14th, 2013, 02:09 PM
<--- Damn it that hurts
Reppies forever

Bisonator
December 14th, 2013, 02:10 PM
<--- Damn it that hurts

Looks great! I knew you had Bison Pride in ya!:D

rokamortis
December 14th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Congrats Bizon. Best of luck - go win your third FCS Championship!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Comin to Fargo for the semi's next week, just like I planned it.

zilla
December 14th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Congrats to NDSU. You guys have a good thing going!

Also proud of my Chants for a great season! Future looks bright

jmrepak
December 14th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Looks great! I knew you had Bison Pride in ya!:D
Hey, if you're going to sport the avy you do it right. I'll be writing as a bye-son :D Fan on next weeks game thread

X-Factor
December 14th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Congrats on good season Chants. Glad this one is over. Too many injuries

AmsterBison
December 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM
CCU needs to shore up the defense - they really put the DBs on islands but NDSU didn't really make them pay. I think their offense picked the wrong day to misfire because I know they're better than that.

Good luck next year, Chanticleers.

rokamortis
December 14th, 2013, 02:55 PM
CCU needs to shore up the defense - they really put the DBs on islands but NDSU didn't really make them pay. I think their offense picked the wrong day to misfire because I know they're better than that.

Good luck next year, Chanticleers.

Good point on the offense. We've come out flat early a few times this year. We have to figure out how to come out executing rather than be flat.

Darlinikki150
December 14th, 2013, 02:55 PM
Good job Chants! Good year, and hopefully we cya in the playoffs next year!

rokamortis
December 14th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Good job Chants! Good year, and hopefully we cya in the playoffs next year!

Thank you, and it was good jawing with you this week.

jmrepak
December 14th, 2013, 03:06 PM
The smack talk was fun, but we need you guys to clean up the rest of the season to help us dress up this heart breaker. Go win a 3rd one

BisonBacker
December 14th, 2013, 03:15 PM
You really think we can't? We have the most high powered offense you've faced all year. After we drop a two score lead on you it's going to be hard to stick to your ground and pound style and catch up. If we get out early, watch out!

Just got back from the game and catching up on this thread and holy **** is this funny!!!

BisonBacker
December 14th, 2013, 03:18 PM
You guys are awesome - too easy. I'll miss it when you vanish like Keyser Soze today.
This must be chattownmoc's in disguise!

BisonBacker
December 14th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Right now the Bison are reliving the 19th century as their season approaches extinction.

You think you know but you have no idea. Our offense is about to blow up that prestigious D, and our defense is going to be up to the challenge this week. I'm glad everyone is confident that we're getting the ball first. I think we've learned our lesson from giving up three and outs by trying to go deep on the first play of the game. I suspect we'll see points on the first drive after some serious grinding by Taliaferro. He's about to punch his ticket to the NFL combine with this game.

This is so easy picking these posts to laugh about. About everyone of them is delusional.

jmrepak
December 14th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Just got back from the game and catching up on this thread and holy **** is this funny!!!
I already responded to that one. It was sad (to us anyways) how well you guys completely flipped that on us. We started 2 drives in a row with terrible play calling and you guys capitalized. From that point forward it was hard for our team to go back to the run and hope to catch up. Also, I was expecting your stout run D, but what I was really impressed by was your pass D. Your guys were with the receivers step for step in man or light zone coverage while you were bringing effective blitz packages. It was truly impressive

Darlinikki150
December 14th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I already responded to that one. It was sad (to us anyways) how well you guys completely flipped that on us. We started 2 drives in a row with terrible play calling and you guys capitalized. From that point forward it was hard for our team to go back to the run and hope to catch up. Also, I was expecting your stout run D, but what I was really impressed by was your pass D. Your guys were with the receivers step for step in man or light zone coverage while you were bringing effective blitz packages. It was truly impressive

I think the inexperience of your qb showed. Not to knock him, but our D really hassled him. I think come next year he will read the D better and his check downs IMO.

Btw, that avatar looks sexy! ;)

jmrepak
December 14th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I think the inexperience of your qb showed. Not to knock him, but our D really hassled him. I think come next year he will read the D better and his check downs IMO.

Btw, that avatar looks sexy! ;)
i don't necessarily think it was the pressure your D brought. It sure didn't help, but his accuracy has been off for a little over a month now. He brought his non-throwing hand down on a helmet and injured his thumb to the point that it requires offseason surgery. I know it's his non-throwing hand , but his accuracy hasn't been the same since.

A lot of the guys on here would try turn that into something perverted I'm sure (cough cough, CitDog), but I'll simply say thank you

CPrice91
December 14th, 2013, 03:45 PM

Correct. I just hate Montana. xlolx

Look forward to the SELA @ Fargo game. Ought to be more interesting.

Nickels
December 14th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Congrats Bison. Only 2 more for the 3 peat! Yours to lose.

bisonboone11
December 14th, 2013, 04:12 PM
CCU has a better offense than most MVFC teams and thus, will have more time of possession. NDSU won't hold the ball nearly as much as they normally do.
So much for not holding the ball... Almost 40 minutes.

BisonBacker
December 14th, 2013, 04:45 PM

I was posting all this before I got to the end of the thread. Congrats on a great year and like Amster said shore up that defense and get back to the playoffs again next year.

jmrepak
December 14th, 2013, 04:48 PM
I was posting all this before I got to the end of the thread. Congrats on a great year and like Amster said shore up that defense and get back to the playoffs again next year.
No problem man. Congrats to you guys and good luck with the rest of your season.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 04:55 PM
I hope the semifinal is close for atleast the first 3 quarters.

This was a pretty boring game from the fans perspective.