PDA

View Full Version : Lafayette at New Hampshire

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

Pards Rule
September 16th, 2021, 08:21 PM
Since this thread covers both the 2013 playoff game and the game this Saturday, shouldn't we just continue the score from where it ended up in 2013?

And the weather? I was there. 30 high but no wind or breeze and all sun

Bogus Megapardus
September 16th, 2021, 08:21 PM
Since this thread covers both the 2013 playoff game and the game this Saturday, shouldn't we just continue the score from where it ended up in 2013?

That would be the rule were the game in Durham. Since it's in Easton, the 2013 score gets reversed. Doesn't everybody know this?

KPSUL
September 16th, 2021, 08:31 PM
That would be the rule were the game in Durham. Since it's in Easton, the 2013 score gets reversed. Doesn't everybody know this?

That's only true when both teams still have the same head coach.

Bogus Megapardus
September 17th, 2021, 04:11 AM

Perhaps. But, last we heard, Frank Tavani *thinks* he's still the head coach at Lafayette.

Pards Rule
September 17th, 2021, 08:50 AM

Recall after that 2013 game, longtime LC DC John Loose left to go to Army (where he is now Assistant HC under Jeff Monck) and Tavani hired the LB coach from the Wildcats Art Link as his new DC. Tavani was replaced at end of 2016 season with John Garrett and pretty much whole staff was fired and Link is now HC at D3 Christopher Newport in Hampton Roads area of VA.

Pards Rule
September 17th, 2021, 09:12 AM
Hey KPSUL look forward to seeing you Saturday. Thanks for the contact info. I think in the lead up to the 2013 playoff game (as I mentioned in my PM to KPSUL) when I recalled aspects of the Nov 1981 game in Easton I saw most of second half, specifically recalling we were behind I think 21-0 at half, came storming back to 21-18, and were driving in late 4th when FB Craig Williams (later gaining some fame as one of the original contestants on Gladiators!) was popped and fumbled near 50. A Wildcat on here stepped up and said he either caused the fumble, recovered it or both (cant recall). Is that person still on here?

The Boogie Down
September 17th, 2021, 01:16 PM

This is exactly how soccer handles home-&-home playoff series. Lafayette needs to make up more than 38 points to advance. 38 even if they hold UNH to 6 points or less. Field Goal kicks shootout if it ends up 45-7 in Lafayette's favor.

The Boogie Down
September 17th, 2021, 01:18 PM
Hey KPSUL look forward to seeing you Saturday. Thanks for the contact info. I think in the lead up to the 2013 playoff game (as I mentioned in my PM to KPSUL) when I recalled aspects of the Nov 1981 game in Easton I saw most of second half, specifically recalling we were behind I think 21-0 at half, came storming back to 21-18, and were driving in late 4th when FB Craig Williams (later gaining some fame as one of the original contestants on Gladiators!) was popped and fumbled near 50. A Wildcat on here stepped up and said he either caused the fumble, recovered it or both (cant recall). Is that person still on here?

Small world. Hope that guy is still on here. Back in HS, and before realizing the paramount importance of I-AA football, I spent more than a few Saturday mornings watching GLOW/American Gladiators on WPIX, a local NYC station. Needless to say, I preferred GLOW! xsmiley_wix

Go Green
September 17th, 2021, 03:09 PM
Needless to say, I preferred GLOW! xsmiley_wix

If so, then you'd enjoy both the documentary as well as the Netflix show. A shame that the latter was canceled after three seasons because of COVID.

The Boogie Down
September 17th, 2021, 05:45 PM
If so, then you'd enjoy both the documentary as well as the Netflix show. A shame that the latter was canceled after three seasons because of COVID.

Thanks for the documentary tip, never knew one had been made. Much love to the Netflix series though! I firmly believe that "Everyone here is too much sissy" is the single greatest line in TV history: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1lnNmE5JLE

Oh and cool to find that Liberty Belle, protector of all things Godly, 'Murican and simply good is a Fordham alumna.

KPSUL
September 17th, 2021, 08:03 PM

1981? I was in Germany winning the cold war - no time for UNH football. But I'll be at the game with the UNH fan who is most likely to know. He goes way back on AGS too.

Sorry I missed all these great PL posts today, I was working in Winchester all day and then struggling up I 81 and I 78 to be ready to go to the game tomorrow. What's with the roads up this way? This part of PA is one big construction site.

Bogus Megapardus
September 18th, 2021, 03:29 AM
What's with the roads up this way? This part of PA is one big construction site.

Pennsylvania has notoriously bad roads and never-ending construction.

According to a new study, Pennsylvania has the nation’s fifth worse road infrastructure. (https://www.pennlive.com/news/2019/09/pas-roads-rank-5th-worse-in-nation-study.html)

Sitting Bull
September 18th, 2021, 08:55 AM
I think there’s a state law that no expressway in PA exceed 2 lanes.
Or so it seems.

acbearkat
September 18th, 2021, 01:17 PM
New Hampshire needs a new kicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WrenFGun
September 18th, 2021, 03:08 PM
Honest to god UNH is pretty good if they could just kick.

They left probably 8 to 11 points on the board today due to the kicker, never mind giving Lafayette their only TD by kicking right into the return.

That said, Lafayette didn't look bad to me. Their TE is enormous and should do well in the PL. Gillette can get open. Defense has some talent.

I don't really know what to make of a 3-0 UNH game who beat three teams they probably should, but it's sure as hell better than the alternative. They've allowed a total of 7 offensive points in their first three first halves of the season.

Pards Rule
September 19th, 2021, 09:27 AM
Enjoyed spending entire tailgate period over at Bushkill lot (which seems to have evolved as the visitors lot in the 2 years it was opened, considering 2020 season was called off except for this past springs 3 games) with Jim off of here I met up with in the 2013 playoff game in Durham. Also met KPSUL too who knows Jim very well. Very hot day, 86 degrees and no breeze, hardly any clouds. The players must have been on a 100 degree field. Great defensive show by LC as acknowledged by two UNH players I talked to walking out of stadium. Once again we need points from offense besides FGs (actually to be specific I guess those 6 points came from special teams as did the opening kickoff return for TD). Bogey, when was last time the Pards returned opening kickoff for TD? I checked back on the 1986 season and as I suspected but confirming through Wikipedia (yes there is actuallya Wiki page on the Pards 1986 season) I INDEED DID attend that game in Easton - the last time the Cats visited here, 35 years ago! I vaguely recall it was a Homecoming game which I confirmed looking at the reported attendance (12,000+). We lost 20-16 to UNH and I recall the score now. How about that!!

KPSUL
September 19th, 2021, 10:14 AM
It was a good competitive game as P-Rule said. The leopards pressured UNH QB Brett Edwards more effectively than our two previous CAA opponents. His yardage total was close to his season average, but completion percentage not as high. Both teams have excellent defenses, in this game the Lafayette LBs were particularly effective, and the UNH secondary prevented big plays and ultimately kept the Leopard offense out of the end zone. The offensive standout of the game was UNH's all purpose back, Dylan Laube, who had 143 yards rushing and receiving including a 50 yard TD run which turned out to be the difference in the game. UNH's extended their season field goal draught to 0 of 5. Lafayette's surprise starter at QB ( not listed on the two deep) seemed very comfortable and in control, he was very elusive but also seemed to have very good awareness and didn't panic or scramble around unnecessarily. I enjoyed meeting Pard's Rule who managed to meet almost all the UNH fans, family members and former players in the Bushkill Commons parking lot.

caribbeanhen
September 19th, 2021, 10:31 AM
It was a good competitive game as P-Rule said. The leopards pressured UNH QB Brett Edwards more effectively than our two previous CAA opponents. His yardage total was close to his season average, but completion percentage not as high. Both teams have excellent defenses, in this game the Lafayette LBs were particularly effective, and the UNH secondary prevented big plays and ultimately kept the Leopard offense out of the end zone. The offensive standout of the game was UNH's all purpose back, Dylan Laube, who had 143 yards rushing and receiving including a 50 yard TD run which turned out to be the difference in the game. UNH's extended their season field goal draught to 0 of 5. Lafayette's surprise starter at QB ( not listed on the two deep) seemed very comfortable and in control, he was very elusive but also seemed to have very good awareness and didn't panic or scramble around unnecessarily. I enjoyed meeting Pard's Rule who managed to meet almost all the UNH fans, family members and former players in the Bushkill Commons parking lot.

Dylan Laube is a talent!

KPSUL
September 19th, 2021, 10:42 AM
Dylan Laube is a talent!

UNH has done very well recruiting on Long Island: currently Dylan Laube, 4 year OL starter Matt Mascia and Dalton Crossan who finished his UNH career in 2016 with over 5000 all purpose yards. Laube and Crossan have amazingly similar skills.

Pards Rule
September 19th, 2021, 01:12 PM

Even discounting the 50 yards on that run I was surprised he had 93 without the 50 - just didnt seem like it. But it was a great game indeed. I was a roving one man Lafayette PR machine at UNH tailgate. One Cat was there and said his daughter was going to look at Bucknell very seriously and I told him my parents were 61 BU and brother 86 BU and go up there every summer for a golf vacation in the Bucknell MODs. Anyways I gave them my biz card for any questions.

Pards Rule
September 20th, 2021, 01:47 PM
NH Union Leader had him with 10 carries of 79 yards - including 50 yard end around. And some 64 yards in catches so it now makes sense. Yardage total with catches is the low hundreds number

Pards Rule
September 20th, 2021, 01:50 PM
1981? I was in Germany winning the cold war - no time for UNH football. But I'll be at the game with the UNH fan who is most likely to know. He goes way back on AGS too.

Sorry I missed all these great PL posts today, I was working in Winchester all day and then struggling up I 81 and I 78 to be ready to go to the game tomorrow. What's with the roads up this way? This part of PA is one big construction site.

Yes clearing out my inbox it was one UNHFootballAlum who made the hit that caused the Craig Williams fumble in the 1981 game.. He told me in that 2013 message a UNH player got knocked out of game by hitting Mr Williams massive thighs! He hasnt posted since Nov 2017 in discussion back then on the first round CCSU at UNH playoff game. Anyone heard from him?

Nova09
November 22nd, 2021, 07:11 AM
Finally, we can stop worrying about who will make the "playoffs" and give our attention back to the game that really matters

Bill
November 22nd, 2021, 07:42 AM
I love how this is the "Steven Segal" of threads....Hard to Kill

Nova09
November 22nd, 2021, 06:52 PM
Poor Garrett, relegated to always bringing the jv squad to whomever the administration wanted to maintain relationships with while frank kept the real players focused on the game that matters

caribbeanhen
November 22nd, 2021, 08:24 PM
Rocco entourage seen on breaking news heading north

Pard4Life
November 22nd, 2021, 08:40 PM
This thread... I cannot believe it... oh wait I can...

- - - Updated - - -

Poor Garrett, relegated to always bringing the jv squad to whomever the administration wanted to maintain relationships with while frank kept the real players focused on the game that matters

This thread is older than Garrett's coaching career at Lafayette... just sayin'

Pards Rule
November 23rd, 2021, 07:06 AM
This thread... I cannot believe it... oh wait I can...

- - - Updated - - -

This thread is older than Garrett's coaching career at Lafayette... just sayin'

This thread seems as old as when I talked to you at halftime of Pard-UMass playoff game way back on Nov. 25, 2006 (15 years ago!). Hard to believe it was 25 years ago yesterday we got out to a 19-0 lead vs THE Brown (a year after the 1995 meltdown) and lost AGAIN! The following year, 1997, we blew a 21-0 lead.

KnightoftheRedFlash
September 27th, 2023, 03:33 PM
Epic thread.

Bill
September 27th, 2023, 07:55 PM
Oh boy. We forgot to cut off the head last time. It's back...

KPSUL
September 27th, 2023, 07:57 PM
This thread seems as old as when I talked to you at halftime of Pard-UMass playoff game way back on Nov. 25, 2006 (15 years ago!). Hard to believe it was 25 years ago yesterday we got out to a 19-0 lead vs THE Brown (a year after the 1995 meltdown) and lost AGAIN! The following year, 1997, we blew a 21-0 lead.

So when does UNH get the return game in Durham NH for the 2021 game @ Lafayette ?

Pard4Life
September 27th, 2023, 08:22 PM
So when does UNH get the return game in Durham NH for the 2021 game @ Lafayette ?

We were the return game for that 2013 home game. xnodx

Go...gate
September 28th, 2023, 01:36 AM
This thread is the Lazarus of AGS!! xthumbsupx

KPSUL
September 28th, 2023, 01:28 PM
We were the return game for that 2013 home game. xnodx

xsmhx No , no, no! That was a playoff game, no returns accepted.

I went to that game in 2021 and someone mentioned that is was a return game, but for some other Patriot team. Some sort of double switch-a-roo or another type of Patriot League Shenanigans. 3 out of our last 4 games vs Holy Cross were at Fitton Field, and we play'em again 2024 - at Fitton Field. 2022 was a playoff game so I get that, but even taking it out of consideration thing are significantly out of whack - advantage Crusaders!

Pard4Life
September 28th, 2023, 09:06 PM

I went to that game in 2021 and someone mentioned that is was a return game, but for some other Patriot team. Some sort of double switch-a-roo or another type of Patriot League Shenanigans. 3 out of our last 4 games vs Holy Cross were at Fitton Field, and we play'em again 2024 - at Fitton Field. 2022 was a playoff game so I get that, but even taking it out of consideration thing are significantly out of whack - advantage Crusaders!

UNH just wants to experience some warmer weather as the September cold settles in Durham.

Go...gate
September 29th, 2023, 10:06 AM

Us? Surely you jest!

RichH2
September 29th, 2023, 01:38 PM
This thread is the Lazarus of AGS!! xthumbsupx

🤣🤣🤣😳 It will not die. Fond memories. Kinda miss those guys. We had issues but also laughter.

Bogus Megapardus
September 30th, 2023, 08:17 PM
Heh. xcoffeex

Bill
September 30th, 2023, 09:33 PM
Bogie! Glad to see you still lurk from time to time.xdrunkyx

Go...gate
October 1st, 2023, 01:27 AM
Bogie! Glad to see you still lurk from time to time.xdrunkyx

Me, too! Bogie is definitely missed.

Pards Rule
October 1st, 2023, 06:38 AM

Hey Im ready for it! Met you, Jim and the UNH folks at your tailgate at Bushkill Commoms and look forward to meeting again. I think the rock outcrops in the tailgate field are beyond cool and so NE! I was up there for the 2013 playoff game and met Jim first time. I will mention it to Bob Sell our BOT chairman.

Pards Rule
October 1st, 2023, 06:45 AM
Even discounting the 50 yards on that run I was surprised he had 93 without the 50 - just didnt seem like it. But it was a great game indeed. I was a roving one man Lafayette PR machine at UNH tailgate. One Cat was there and said his daughter was going to look at Bucknell very seriously and I told him my parents were 61 BU and brother 86 BU and go up there every summer for a golf vacation in the Bucknell MODs. Anyways I gave them my biz card for any questions.

KPSUL, wonder if his daughter decided Bucknell. See what I did there? Got BU in this thread!

65 Pard
October 10th, 2023, 12:27 PM
Lafayette getting more votes than UNH in coaches poll

KPSUL
October 10th, 2023, 02:15 PM
Hey Im ready for it! Met you, Jim and the UNH folks at your tailgate at Bushkill Commoms and look forward to meeting again. I think the rock outcrops in the tailgate field are beyond cool and so NE! I was up there for the 2013 playoff game and met Jim first time. I will mention it to Bob Sell our BOT chairman.

I really enjoyed the 2021 game at Lafayette, unfortunately both teams pretty well fell on their faces after that game and both finished 3-8. But it was a fun tailgate for sure. Who knows, if UNH wins out this season, or slides in at 7-4, and the Pards play HC tough again and win the rest of their conference games we could have a 1st round playoff rematch of the 2013 game!

Pards Rule
October 11th, 2023, 11:53 AM
I really enjoyed the 2021 game at Lafayette, unfortunately both teams pretty well fell on their faces after that game and both finished 3-8. But it was a fun tailgate for sure. Who knows, if UNH wins out this season, or slides in at 7-4, and the Pards play HC tough again and win the rest of their conference games we could have a 1st round playoff rematch of the 2013 game!

Im ready to return to Durham!

Go...gate
October 12th, 2023, 09:13 PM
Go Pards!

leopardball2010
October 13th, 2023, 04:41 AM
Im ready to return to Durham!That loss at UNH was one of the most brutal I've ever experienced. Nothing we could do to score and God help us trying to stop them.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that this current team, at 5-1, is already a better team that that 5-6 PL champ team.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Pards Rule
October 13th, 2023, 07:47 AM
That loss at UNH was one of the most brutal I've ever experienced. Nothing we could do to score and God help us trying to stop them.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that this current team, at 5-1, is already a better team that that 5-6 PL champ team.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah I went up there my first time to UNH. I knew we were just good enough to win PL, didnt want us to go any further. As Lehigh rout week before was ending I turned to my former roommate and said "cant it just end here?" But anyways glad to see campus on UNH and meet Jim and the other Cat fans and have a good stay at the Dover NH Microtel!