PDA

View Full Version : FCS Selection Show

Pages : 1 [2]

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 01:15 PM
You add no value to the board, then bring up race. Please someone use you hammer.

Lol... please stop revealing your political ideologies to the world.

Bison Fan in NW MN
And now you're attacking Howard...

The hate continues...

Irony, since the MEAC has been in the FCS much longer than North Dakota State.
Howard's been in the FCS since the start of the FCS...

Yet, you say that WE don't belong... hilarious.

It does not matter how long they have been in the FCS.

MEAC = weak conference.....very weak

LOL....NDSU could have beat Delaware State 100-0..if not by more....xlolx

Bison56
Are you high? Your argument is ridic, if I'm following you, you think the top tier FCS programs should all just leave so your team can have a chance? I mean that's just ludricous...
If he was high at least he would have an excuse he is just xholyx

DSUrocks07
This is exciting! We have another chattown! I was afraid we were going to miss him

chattown 2.0

he's a conference homer. for a conference that continues to disappoint year after year. when was Howard's last playoff appearance?

youwouldno
November 24th, 2013, 01:17 PM
YES! Thank you for reminding me. They were a 7-4 team but two of those losses were to FBS Bowl teams (Kent, and LSU), and they only loss to LSU by 2 possessions. So yeah, the teams left out this year have nothing on Towson, Richmond, and Lehigh (Patriot League) being left out last year. SCSU being in this year is wacky. It almost makes the BCS look like a more fair assessment of validating teams. Of course I don't actually like the BCS, but heck it doesn't have the subjective element that the NCAA selection committee obviously does.

I also agree with a previous poster who said that the field being expanded to 24 is a bad thing. I totally agree. It's silly. There's no way an NEC or Pioneer team will EVER win a national title, until they are full scholly programs. It's stupid like March Madness being 64 teams; a 16 seed will never beat a 1 seed in that ridiculous tournament. Our precious FCS playoff system is also turning into "madness" as the field expands.

I don't hate it as much as I thought I would. The first round is basically a play-in to the real tournament of 16.

Darlinikki150
This is exciting! We have another chattown! I was afraid we were going to miss him

He will be gone in a week....he's just poking his out to see how long winter is gonna be.

DSUrocks07

political ideologies are how SC State MADE the field xwhistlex

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 01:20 PM
BCS seeding system for FCS. No more BS biased committees.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Yes, Delaware State should have demanded to host Delaware in a 7,000 seat HS stadium that we don't even sell out AT ALL. xawesomex

A stadium, mind you, that is on a landlocked campus, with only two legit entrances to even GET over to the stadium (one that they close on gamedays), in a city that suffers from gridlock traffic at any given time of the day. That when they hosted a music festival that was on the OTHER SIDE of town, traffic was backed up 20 miles in all directions. xawesomex

Yeah that would have been a brilliant idea. xcoffeex

Yeah, the city of Dover can't handle 10,000-20,000 for a college football game, but they can handle 100,000 for a NASCAR RACE...

Who is Delaware that they can't attend a game in a 7,000 seat stadium??

You just let them convince you all that you're inferior.

No wonder you all haven't defeated them yet.

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Now you think you're worthy enough for me to feel I have to prove my intelligence to you?

HA!

You're... who again?

The arrogance of some of you posters...

Waiting .... Nothing, ok let me help. "A mind is a terrible thing to waste". You can do it, think hard, I know it hurts, but if you work hard, you can come up with one reason why SCSU has earned their spot, you have SOOO MANY. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Holy crap are you funny.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 01:23 PM
political ideologies are how SC State MADE the field xwhistlex

Hey, I don't have a problem with the FCS playoff committee's political ideologiesxthumbsupx

GO STATE! GO MEAC!

I told Engineer 86 to stop sharing HIS political ideologies with the world. Because the world that we live in, has past him behind.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Yeah, the city of Dover can't handle 10,000-20,000 for a college football game, but they can handle 100,000 for a NASCAR RACE...

You have some deep seated issues friend. Please take them else where. Someone use the hammer on this gentleman.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Hey, I don't have a problem with the FCS playoff committee's political ideologiesxthumbsupx

GO STATE! GO MEAC!

I told Engineer 86 to stop sharing HIS political ideologies with the world. Because the world that we live in, has past him behind.

http://schroedingerscat.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/image_thumb.png?w=495&h=618

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 01:26 PM

Only one guy on here brought up race, you know nothing about my political ideologies. What a fool.

DSUrocks07
November 24th, 2013, 01:27 PM

Obviously we make more (i.e lose less) money playing at Delaware yearly.

Would I love for UD to come to Dover, sure, but they need to EXPAND Alumni Stadium and make another entrance there.

That's not happening any time soon.

Am I suppose to think that we're superior to UD? Because we sure as hell aren't equals. You said it yourself.

As many advantages and resources as some of these other schools have??

But the difference is, I don't expect UD or any other entity to just hand us what we want. We have to earn it, we have to prove that we deserve it and right now we don't. It is what it is. But I don't wear a chip on my shoulder about it.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Waiting .... Nothing, ok let me help. "A mind is a terrible thing to waste". You can do it, think hard, I know it hurts, but if you work hard, you can come up with one reason why SCSU has earned their spot, you have SOOO MANY. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Holy crap are you funny.

And again, who are you that I have to defend one of our school to you?

As if I have to somehow prove our worth to you?

I don't.

I won't.

SC State's IN.

Let their play next Saturday do the talking.

citdog
November 24th, 2013, 01:29 PM
This from a poster from the school that allowed Delaware to convince the Hornets to NEVER PLAY THEIR ANNUAL RIVALRY GAME IN DOVER BECAUSE DELAWARE STATE'S STADIUM IS TOO SMALL...

"Own Merits," f- outta here.

Are you serious right now?

"Own Merits," gtfohwts...

FBS programs how don't have the balls to move up from the FCS are what most of these playoff teams are.

You think that's not obvious?

SC State is a good football team. They are in and will play vermin at home. Good for the Orangeburg 'Dogs! Time for the MEAC to step up and earn some national respect. Anybody who exterminates vermin is fine with me! RA you are not helping them or yourself by making playoff selection a race issue.

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2013, 01:29 PM
R.A. give it a rest, until a MEAC team can actually win a playoff game........ and yes some of the posters are arrogant on here, but if their teams are current playoff teams and have been for years they have the right to be IMO.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 01:31 PM
And again, who are you that I have to defend one of our school to you?

As if I have to somehow prove our worth to you?

I don't.

I won't.

SC State's IN.

Let their play next Saturday do the talking.

If they manage to get by the weakest SoCon champ in years, they are looking at a team that will name their score with the 2nd and 3rd stringers in very early.

woo! I love playoff expansion!

Bison56
SC State is a good football team. They are in and will play vermin at home. Good for the Orangeburg 'Dogs! Time for the MEAC to step up and earn some national respect. Anybody who exterminates vermin is fine with me! RA you are not helping them or yourself by making playoff selection a race issue.
Stupid people scream racism when their only other option is to admit they are wrong.

Tribal
I'm not going to read through 269 posts to see if someone already mentioned this and I'm too pissed about losing yesterday to care if it upsets someone.xblehx

Fordham's ineligibility cost some team a playoff berth. Lafayette, while playing much better lately, is the first team to make the playoffs with a losing record. Pretty fair.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Only one guy on here brought up race, you know nothing about my political ideologies. What a fool.

During the Selection show, the fact that three HBCUs made the field, was mentioned.

I didn't bring it up, I just continued the discourse.

If it didn't matter, no mention of it would have been made.

UNHknowledge
November 24th, 2013, 01:35 PM
This from a poster from the school that allowed Delaware to convince the Hornets to NEVER PLAY THEIR ANNUAL RIVALRY GAME IN DOVER BECAUSE DELAWARE STATE'S STADIUM IS TOO SMALL...

"Own Merits," f- outta here.

Are you serious right now?

"Own Merits," gtfohwts...

FBS programs how don't have the balls to move up from the FCS are what most of these playoff teams are.

This guy is reaching so hard. Your logic is so flawed. If I didn't know better, I'd almost think you had a decent argument, but obviously you don't see this is FCS football. Nobody has television contracts like Notre Dame, nobody is being suspended for the selling of their own merchandise (nobody buys FCS gear, even from the big boys like Montana, NDSU, Delaware, etc.). So the only "resource" you can be griping about is ticket sales (stadium size), but with that argument SCSU, with their 22,000 seat stadium that frequently sells out should be destroying every team they play. NDSU has created their dynasty after moving up from D-II (how were they entitled? they simply worked their assess off, recruited, believed in a system and play hard week in and week out). UNH has the longest playoff appearance streak in the country and plays in what is essentially a glorified high school stadium. So are you saying that UNH should move up to the ACC? O yeah, we can't because we can't afford to expand our stadium to the size permitted to play in the ACC. How about SCSU and other MEAC teams scheduling playoff contenders in non-conference games. That's an easy solution to whether or not the MEAC should ever have more than 1 playoff team. That conference's co-champ certainly doesn't belong until their "champ" wins a playoff game, especially considering Towson and Richmond were left out last year as CAA co-champs.

bisonguy
November 24th, 2013, 01:37 PM

Or maybe it's obvious that a lot of the playoff teams that can never win are really d2 or d3 teams, but too proud to compete at the level in which they run their program?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
November 24th, 2013, 01:39 PM
I'm not going to read through 269 posts to see if someone already mentioned this and I'm too pissed about losing yesterday to care if it upsets someone.xblehx

Fordham's ineligibility cost some team a playoff berth. Lafayette, while playing much better lately, is the first team to make the playoffs with a losing record. Pretty fair.
No it didn't, had Fordham been eligible for the Patriot league autobid they would've been 5-1 just like Lafayette so Lafayette would've taken the autobid anyway by virtue of the head to head tie breaker. Your point in theory is valid but I don't consider it that much of a travesty because if Fordham wasn't associated with the PL they would probably still play the PL teams as traditional rivals as an and would've been in the at large conversation this year as an independent anyway.

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 01:41 PM
SC State is a good football team.

Ok, maybe you can help me. What do you base this statement on? I don't see it and I am just looking for someone to add something other than opinion on this.

i see see they have a solid defense based on stats, but then I see that the MEAC has five teams in around the top 15 in allowing total yes, so is it good defense or bad offense?

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 01:43 PM
This guy is reaching so hard. Your logic is so flawed. If I didn't know better, I'd almost think you had a decent argument, but obviously you don't see this is FCS football. Nobody has television contracts like Notre Dame, nobody is being suspended for the selling of their own merchandise (nobody buys FCS gear, even from the big boys like Montana, NDSU, Delaware, etc.). So the only "resource" you can be griping about is ticket sales (stadium size), but with that argument SCSU, with their 22,000 seat stadium that frequently sells out should be destroying every team they play. NDSU has created their dynasty after moving up from D-II

Where's NDSU's competition when it come to State support? UND.
How about SC State... Clemson, South Carolina...

UNH has the longest playoff appearance streak in the country and plays in what is essentially a glorified high school stadium. So are you saying that UNH should move up to the ACC? O yeah, we can't because we can't afford to expand our stadium to the size permitted to play in the ACC.

If the State of New Hampshire decided not to increase athletic funding for a legit FBS leap for UNH... they're wise, because UNH, like NDSU when they eventually move up, will become an afterthought, much like Western Kentucky...

How about SCSU and other MEAC teams scheduling playoff contenders in non-conference games. That's an easy solution to whether or not the MEAC should ever have more than 1 playoff team. That conference's co-champ certainly doesn't belong until their "champ" wins a playoff game, especially considering Towson and Richmond were left out last year as CAA co-champs.

Do you even know who our conference played out of conference this season??

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Or maybe it's obvious that a lot of the playoff teams that can never win are really d2 or d3 teams, but too proud to compete at the level in which they run their program?

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

The same arguments that GSU and Appy State fans used to use with me... now they're gone...

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I'm absolutely dumbfounded by some of the at-large teams that were selected and the matchups that were paired together....going to digest a bit more before I go on a tirade however.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Stupid people scream racism when their only other option is to admit they are wrong.

Yep, keep your blinders on up there in nobodygivesafly North Dakota.

The rest of us who are living in the real world, know that SC State Earned the right to be in the playoffs.

God bless America!

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2013, 01:51 PM
If the State of New Hampshire decided not to increase athletic funding for a legit FBS leap for UNH... they're wise, because UNH, like NDSU when they eventually move up, will become an afterthought, much like Western Kentucky...

HAHAHAHA good one. Isn't going to happen for UNH, EVER.

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 01:52 PM

Who cares who you played, who did you beat?

UNHWildcat18
November 24th, 2013, 01:52 PM
NDSU would not just be an afterthought btw.

Gordon Shumway
November 24th, 2013, 01:53 PM
That is an argument that will be made on Saturday by The Bulldogs versus Furman.

And if you were watching the show, somebody DOES care about the fact that three HBCUs are in the Playoffs, for if no one cared, the fact would not have been mentioned during the selection show...

But now you're hating on AD Johnson, because she did her job by pulling for her school...

You're just mad, filled with hate.

Again, don't hate the player, hate the game.

I'm kind of surprised no one has called you on this ridiculous statement. Her job was to help create the best playoff field possible based on existing criteria. She was not chosen for the committee to lobby for her own team. If she did what you are claiming, then no one from SCSU should ever be chosen for the committee again.

citdog
November 24th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Ok, maybe you can help me. What do you base this statement on? I don't see it and I am just looking for someone to add something other than opinion on this.

i see see they have a solid defense based on stats, but then I see that the MEAC has five teams in around the top 15 in allowing total yes, so is it good defense or bad offense?

Buddy Pough, who The Citadel offered its head coaching job to before Kevin Higgins and he turned it down, has his team playing like they usually do. They are STOUT against the run and play ball control and fundamentally sound on offense. They will not wow you with stats but they WIN. This game should be a slobberknockin, punch them in the mouth type of game and the team that plays with the most pride, poise, and team will win. See what I did there Ursus?

Bison56
November 24th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Who is Howard?

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 01:56 PM
The same arguments that GSU and Appy State fans used to use with me... now they're gone...
Are you a troll? Surely, you could not be a real person. Either way I give you a Grade A for trolling, something I doubt you ever earned on your own seeing that you advocate handouts. Otherwise, well done sir.

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Buddy Pough, who The Citadel offered its head coaching job to before Kevin Higgins and he turned it down, has his team playing like they usually do. They are STOUT against the run and play ball control and fundamentally sound on offense.

They will not wow you with stats but they WIN.

Thank you for the first comment. In this game I would imagine a run defense will be important.

I do find it ironic that you make that second comment with no consideration of the competition, just a wee bit inconsistent with your views in the past.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 02:04 PM
NDSU would not just be an afterthought btw.

Who wouldn't be an afterthought?

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 02:05 PM
I'm kind of surprised no one has called you on this ridiculous statement. Her job was to help create the best playoff field possible based on existing criteria. She was not chosen for the committee to lobby for her own team. If she did what you are claiming, then no one from SCSU should ever be chosen for the committee again.

I'm sure in her eyes, the best field included SC State... Are you guys living in the real world or what?

citdog
November 24th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Thank you for the first comment. In this game I would imagine a run defense will be important.

I do find it ironic that you make that second comment with no consideration of the competition, just a wee bit inconsistent with your views in the past.

no offense to the PL but the MEAC is a tougher league

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Are you a troll? Surely, you could not be a real person. Either way I give you a Grade A for trolling, something I doubt you ever earned on your own seeing that you advocate handouts. Otherwise, well done sir.

I advocate equality.

Bison56
November 24th, 2013, 02:09 PM
I'm sure in her eyes, the best field included SC State... Are you guys living in the real world or what?
Yes we are, but she is not.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Who is Howard?

Lol... look us up.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Yes we are, but she is not.

And yet, SC State's in the playoffs, the real life playoffs.

Haters...

Professor Chaos
I advocate equality.
And what makes SCSU more equal than YSU or UNI? The fact that they're a HBCU? If you can't see the irony in that I don't what can be done for you.

eaglewraith
I could ask the OVC with three teams in the same question, but of course... LET'S ALL TEAM UP AND BASH THE MEAC... BECAUSE IN REALITY, WE HATE THE MEAC...

Hop off our di*ks please and worry about your own contests.

We've destroyed many MEAC opponents in the playoffs. My criticism still stands.

Still upset about that beatdown last year?

NoDak 4 Ever
I advocate equality.

equality in what? opportunity or outcome? This is a competition. The best teams are not equal to the worst.

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 02:12 PM
no offense to the PL but the MEAC is a tougher league

Based on what?

Patriot league wins - UNH, Villanova, Temple, Princeton
MEAC OOC wins - App St, TSU, FIU

Did I miss someone?

Bison56
November 24th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Lol... look us up.
I did and I xlolx

citdog
November 24th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Based on what?

Patriot league wins - UNH, Villanova, Temple, Princeton
MEAC OOC wins - App St, TSU, FIU

Did I miss someone?

Wasn't speaking of OOC but top to bottom strength of the leagues

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I advocate equality.

I agree. Savanah St got screwed. Those haters just refuse to treat everyone equally!

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 02:17 PM
We've destroyed many MEAC opponents in the playoffs. My criticism still stands.

Still upset about that beatdown last year?

Nope. I wasn't upset when it happen and advocated for playing you all again.

I'm actually surprised that we scored so many points on you all... I thought Georgia Southern had a better defense than that...

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 02:20 PM

How does a league demonstrate strength other than OOC. Beating each other does not show strength. If you are a better league, you beat the teams in the other leagues.

edit. I would also debate the top to bottom. Lafayette is a much improved team. Bucknell has a strong defense and once they got their QB back was competitive.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 02:21 PM
I did and I xlolx

I know.

It's hilarious that you are so ignorant...

that why I "lol (laughed)" when you asked initially...

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 02:22 PM

Citdog, when are you all going to play SC State?

El Citadel has a rep for dodging SC State in MEAC circles...

UNHknowledge
November 24th, 2013, 02:36 PM

Best argument this guy has made yet, but still doesn't explain what SCSU has done to deserve a playoff spot.

UNHknowledge
November 24th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Where's NDSU's competition when it come to State support? UND.
How about SC State... Clemson, South Carolina...

YESSSS!!! FBS powers for financial support and got WAXED, and teams like Benedictine. UNH used to play Hampton back when they were good, but and we were BAD and Hampton NEVER won. That's a problem.

And comments 1 and 2 were so DUMB. Clemson and SC didn't keep Coastal Carolina from becoming damn good in less than a decade of football. Howard, like you said, has been in the FCS forever and still SUCKS.

wheatstraw78
November 24th, 2013, 02:54 PM
So, let me get this right. Out of all the teams that received an at-large bid SCSU is the only school that you had a problem with? You guys can't be serious!

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 02:55 PM
YESSSS!!! FBS powers for financial support and got WAXED, and teams like Benedictine. UNH used to play Hampton back when they were good, but and we were BAD and Hampton NEVER won. That's a problem.

And comments 1 and 2 were so DUMB. Clemson and SC didn't keep Coastal Carolina from becoming damn good in less than a decade of football. Howard, like you said, has been in the FCS forever and still SUCKS.

Well, Howard's more an academic institution.

But fund one of our historical powers like FAMu or SC State the same amount as a NDSU or a GSU... we do so much more, with sooooo much less.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 02:56 PM
So, let me get this right. Out of all the teams that received an at-large bid SCSU is the only school that you had a problem with? You guys can't be serious!

Oh, they hate that SC State received an at large...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 02:57 PM

But fund one of our historical powers like FAMu or SC State the same amount as a NDSU or a GSU... we do so much more, with sooooo much less.

Could have fooled me.

UNHknowledge
November 24th, 2013, 03:04 PM

So lame, don't you know the entire CAA are "academic" institutions. Don't get me going about state support and doing a lot with a little. You're acting like NDSU is playing with 88 scholarships and playing in a 50,000 seat stadium. They're not, man, and they have to recruit kids to come to North Dakota to play football for 4 years (that ain't easy); you already made a joke about North Dakota being obscure. The entire MEAC is located in a recruiting hot bed. Yet, they can't put together a champion that can win a playoff game.

UNHknowledge
November 24th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Oh, they hate that SC State received an at large...

I don't "hate" it, I'm just calling you out on your BS. I would've LOVED for UNH to draw SCSU in Rd. 1. You realize that UNH has NEVER lost to a MEAC team. And btw, we've only played MEAC champions.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I don't "hate" it, I'm just calling you out on your BS. I would've LOVED for UNH to draw SCSU in Rd. 1. You realize that UNH has NEVER lost to a MEAC team. And btw, we've only played MEAC champions.

I think everybody is wishing they had drawn SCSU.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 03:12 PM
We also have problems with Jacksonville state and most of all Sam Houston who got in with 6 d1 wins, there are many questionable calls. You don't see their fans defending bad decisions. Neither do you see them calling for affirmative action in the playoffs.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 03:13 PM
We also have problems with Jacksonville state and most of all Sam Houston who got in with 6 d1 wins, there are many questionable calls. You don't see their fans defending bad decisions. Neither do you see them calling for affirmative action in the playoffs.

What's funny is he's just defending his weak ass conference.

Demwai
November 24th, 2013, 03:15 PM
All of this "MEAC" bravado is going to make it very awkward if we go 0-fer again....just saying.

Best way for SC State to avoid this controversy? Schedule a WIU or a USD and beat them. Instead of Benedict...

This convo probably would never come up if home and home games were scheduled. Kind of hard as an hbcu to get on an even platform, if "they" never come play in our stadiums.

James Madison
November 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM
If you would like to complain to the committee chair, send your emails to the JMU athletic director Jeff Bourne
[email protected]

As a general practice, he does not return email even to James Madison Duke Club donors who help fund the athletic department.
Try thinking of a strong A.D. who embraces competitiveness and then think about the complete opposite. That opposite would be Jeff Bourne.

GoBlueHens83
November 24th, 2013, 03:18 PM

I know this is a playoff thread, but come on...

Move a game that can draw over 20k from a stadium that holds 22k to a stadium that holds 7k? What sense does that make? I'm pretty sure this would cause DSU to lose more money than playing in Newark. It's an OOC game for UD, so why would we travel to DSU? If they wanted a home game, too bad. I would be in favor of some other team coming to Newark for a beat down.... like Howard.

Sam_Kats
November 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Just to add to the conversation, the reason we had to pickup such a *****ty team in HBU is because Alabama State cancelled on us & decided to host Jax State instead. Kinda put us in a bit of a pickle.

That being said, again, I felt as if Sam did enough to stay home.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 03:23 PM
This convo probably would never come up if home and home games were scheduled. Kind of hard as an hbcu to get on an even platform, if "they" never come play in our stadiums.
Finally, someone making an actual argument. HBCU need to bring better players and coaches in. Once they have better teams, no one will refuse home and home. Seems like a viscous cycle.

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 03:30 PM

Yes, every other team has something they can at least point as to a reason they got in. I still have yet to hear one thing other than "SCSU is good" as a reason why they are in?

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 03:33 PM

At least SHSU can point to beating the number 3 seeded team.

extremerouge
November 24th, 2013, 03:43 PM

Actually, South Carolina St. spends approximately 3M on football, whereas NDSU spends 3.6M.

Not exactly sooooo much less, but we shouldn't let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Source:
http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 03:44 PM
I know this is a playoff thread, but come on...

Move a game that can draw over 20k from a stadium that holds 22k to a stadium that holds 7k? What sense does that make? I'm pretty sure this would cause DSU to lose more money than playing in Newark. It's an OOC game for UD, so why would we travel to DSU? If they wanted a home game, too bad. I would be in favor of some other team coming to Newark for a beat down.... like Howard.

Come to us, unless you're scared. I've seen Maine, Georgetown and Charleston Southern, all play at Howard.

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Come to us, unless you're scared. I've seen Maine, Georgetown and Charleston Southern, all play at Howard.

Get better.

The MEAC, SWAC, Patriot, and Pioneer will always be paycheck leagues until they get better.

Elite teams pay non-elites to come in. Cocky? Maybe, but true.

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 03:51 PM

What a tool! Yes, CSU and Georgetown, UD is in the same scheduling predicament to get their schedule together as they are. And UM as well for that matter. Oh that's right it is all a racial thing isn't it.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Actually, South Carolina St. spends approximately 3M on football, whereas NDSU spends 3.6M.

Not exactly sooooo much less, but we shouldn't let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Source:
http://ope.ed.gov/athletics/

$2.9 M vs $3.6 M

But where is information such as booster and fundraising supplement?

These numbers don't paint the entire picture.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Get better.

The MEAC, SWAC, Patriot, and Pioneer will always be paycheck leagues until they get better.

Elite teams pay non-elites to come in. Cocky? Maybe, but true.

And Maine?

What about Southern Illinois and Western Illinois and Princeton... they were at Hampton.

Delaware is just making excuses, and Delaware State isn't being strong in standing up to them.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 03:59 PM
$2.9 M vs $3.6 M

But where is information such as booster and fundraising supplement?

These numbers don't paint the entire picture.
Are you a SC State alumni by any chance?

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 03:59 PM
What a tool! Yes, CSU and Georgetown, UD is in the same scheduling predicament to get their schedule together as they are. And UM as well for that matter. Oh that's right it is all a racial thing isn't it.

If Delaware is in such a predicament, then sign home and home contracts with Delaware State... predicament over.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Are you a SC State alumni by any chance?

No.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 04:03 PM
No.
How did you come to support the team?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 04:12 PM
And Maine?

What about Southern Illinois and Western Illinois and Princeton... they were at Hampton.

Delaware is just making excuses, and Delaware State isn't being strong in standing up to them.

I said Elite.

Good teams with big stadiums that fill make more in one home game than most teams do all season.

NDSU drew almost 19k for DSU
Delaware drew just over 19k for DSU

Bonus for DSU was the extra exposure on ESPN.

ejjones
November 24th, 2013, 04:18 PM
If SCSU went and played YSU or UNI I would expect a 40-14 type of score. Why should they be in at all?
IF? Hypothetical...schedule a home / home. Settle on the field not on a forum.

Engineer86
If Delaware is in such a predicament, then sign home and home contracts with Delaware State... predicament over.

Go ahead, name the last home and home OOC that UD scheduled. I will give you a hint, go back a ways. It has nothing to do with your agenda.

R.A.
How did you come to support the team?

Most of us stand together in the MEAC.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Go ahead, name the last home and home OOC that UD scheduled. I will give you a hint, go back a ways. It has nothing to do with your agenda.

My agenda being what exactly?

Sam_Kats
November 24th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Most of us stand together in the MEAC.

We know. The last 2 elections proved it.

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 04:24 PM
My agenda being what exactly?

That UD and Delaware are unfair to DSU because DSU a MEAC school. But nice try though

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 04:25 PM
IF? Hypothetical...schedule a home / home. Settle on the field not on a forum.

Why do you people think you can get a home/home against teams like that?

Beat that weak ass Furman team and you'll find out what it's like to play with the big boys.

citdog
November 24th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Citdog, when are you all going to play SC State?

El Citadel has a rep for dodging SC State in MEAC circles...

We had a nice series with the little 'dogs in the early part of the last decade. Buddy Pough's Son played receiver for us. We aren't dodging anyone.

DSUrocks07
November 24th, 2013, 04:26 PM
And Maine?

Please. :rolleyes:

We don't have to justify our existence as a football program in any way, shape, form or fashion in regards to the University of Delaware. And it's completely asinine to suggest so. The inferiority complex that REEKS in this thread does not exist in Dover. DSU-UD is a fun matchup that has zero bearing on the future or direction of either program. Like it has been mentioned before, historically we've already competed against one another in several sports both home and away.

Would I like to see the game continue? Sure. Will I lose sleep if it doesn't? Absolutely not. And I'm 100% sure that any Hornet and Blue Hen fan would agree with me.

Let's be clear. A home game will NOT happen until DSU expands or builds a new stadium that can handle the capacity. Until then its a non starter.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

ejjones
November 24th, 2013, 04:28 PM
If SCSU went and played YSU or UNI I would expect a 40-14 type of score. Why should they be in at all?

No they did not earn it. Who is hating on the players? We are just hating the politics Charlene M. Johnson had to pull to get your team in.
Let me spell it out to you-
No one, and I mean no one gives a crap about what color the players on the team are. You were picked over 5 teams(possibly more) that deserved it more than you. That is it. Why don't you make the argument about how you are better than all of them? Or even 1 or 2. Instead you talk in hypotheticals and present false arguments.
Trust me C. Johnson had nothing to do with SCSU getting in. Also, why do we have a committee, then question the results. IMO, the last two weeks helped the Bulldogs. A lot of teams played their way out & we played our way in. Also, being on ESPNU 4 x this season didn't hurt.

saxbison
November 24th, 2013, 04:32 PM
We know. The last 2 elections proved it.

xpopcornx

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 04:33 PM
That UD and Delaware are unfair to DSU because DSU a MEAC school. But nice try though

No, not because they are a MEAC.

Because they feel that they are superior, when in fact the two schools are on the same FCS level.

Why should Delaware State let Delaware treat them the same way that Delaware treats DII West Chester?

Delaware State needs to command the respect of Delaware, instead of letting Delaware play a Jedi mind trick on them.

Get the Hens on your campus, or tell the hens to f off.

centennial
November 24th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Trust me C. Johnson had nothing to do with SCSU getting in. Also, why do we have a committee, then question the results. IMO, the last two weeks helped the Bulldogs. A lot of teams played their way out & we played our way in. Also, being on ESPNU 4 x this season didn't hurt.
You know her/him personally? Could you give us an insight on how the selection was done? Is there politics involved? This was a not a fair selection at all.

R.A.
November 24th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Please. :rolleyes:

We don't have to justify our existence as a football program in any way, shape, form or fashion in regards to the University of Delaware. And it's completely asinine to suggest so. The inferiority complex that REEKS in this thread does not exist in Dover. DSU-UD is a fun matchup

What's so fun about losing?

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 04:36 PM

I do not see a win on the schedule that is of quality. One win over a team actor over .500?

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 04:38 PM

Because they feel that they are superior, when in fact the two schools are on the same FCS level.

Why should Delaware State let Delaware treat them the same way that Delaware treats DII West Chester?

Delaware State needs to command the respect of Delaware, instead of letting Delaware play a Jedi mind trick on them.

You are showing that either you have no idea about how scheduling is done , or that hip on your shoulder is so big you are not able to see that is the way UD handles all OOC FCS opponents. Again, go look at the last time thy had a home and home FCS OOC series.

but please don't let facts get in the way of your agenda.

ejjones
November 24th, 2013, 04:44 PM

No they did not earn it. Who is hating on the players? We are just hating the politics Charlene M. Johnson had to pull to get your team in.
Let me spell it out to you-
No one, and I mean no one gives a crap about what color the players on the team are. You were picked over 5 teams(possibly more) that deserved it more than you. That is it. Why don't you make the argument about how you are better than all of them? Or even 1 or 2. Instead you talk in hypotheticals and present false arguments.

Why do you people think you can get a home/home against teams like that?

Beat that weak ass Furman team and you'll find out what it's like to play with the big boys.
"you people"? Teams like that? YSU? What's so special?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 04:49 PM
"you people"? Teams like that? YSU? What's so special?

You middling teams in non-power conferences.

ejjones
November 24th, 2013, 04:50 PM
I do not see a win on the schedule that is of quality. One win over a team actor over .500?
I think we passed the "eye" test. We can't control the teams we play in conference. Did you get a chance to see any of our games this season?

GoBlueHens83
November 24th, 2013, 05:47 PM

Not one person at UD or DSU would lose sleep over canceling the series. UD & DSU are happy with the current arrangement because both sides make money. The series is marketed to the whole state as a way to bring interest to both programs. So I will ask again... What sense does it make to move a game to a stadium that holds less than 1/3 of the fans?

I would suggest that you take a look at how UD schedules all non-conference games. UD looks for teams that will give us a home game with no return trip. Teams like UD, Montana, Appalachian State, James Madison, etc. can do this because teams are willing to come play at Delaware for a paycheck. Do you think we are going to make a trip to Wagner next year? Why not the outrage out of you for them?

I don't mind the UD vs DSU series. But if they start demanding a home game I'm fine with them not being on the schedule. Now if DSU were to build a new stadium, or expand the current one, I would love to go to Dover for a game. It's actually a shorter drive for me. But, until that time, you want see the Hens in Dover.

Pitbull
November 24th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I haven't been on this board for a minute and after reading some of the posts I now remember why i stopped coming to this forum...
Here's some real talk for you all.....I don't care how we got in....But we got in...All of this b1tchin' and moaning is hilarious....Win, lose or draw....We got in and some of the teams you all wanted to get in didn't....Deal with it and move on.... Stop ... xdeadhorsex

WITH BULLDAWG TENACITY!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
November 24th, 2013, 07:29 PM
I haven't been on this board for a minute and after reading some of the posts I now remember why i stopped coming to this forum...
Here's some real talk for you all.....I don't care how we got in....But we got in...All of this b1tchin' and moaning is hilarious....Win, lose or draw....We got in and some of the teams you all wanted to get in didn't....Deal with it and move on.... Stop ... xdeadhorsex

I think I've stated, I'm glad you got in. I already bought my tickets to the NC and got my hotel reservations. I love that trip to Texas in January.

Sam_Kats
November 24th, 2013, 07:35 PM
Might make that trip anyway & find the Frisco Cruiser xthumbsupx

Engineer86
November 24th, 2013, 07:43 PM

I would feel exactly like you if I had a team that beat no one and got into the playoffs with an inflated record. It is comical that not one supporter will point to anything that supports the selection of this team. Not even a weak arguement. Just nothing but, stop picking on me.

BisonFan02
November 24th, 2013, 07:52 PM
Might make that trip anyway & find the Frisco Cruiser xthumbsupx

Come on over! :D

WestCoastAggie
November 24th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Youngstown State got hosed but if SCSU can get past Furman, that game in Fargo would be interesting. Can Buddy win a big game? Idk...

Fear the Bird
November 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM

I believe Furman in 2006ish and the favor was not returned so unfortunately we may not see it happen again any time soon

Demwai
November 24th, 2013, 08:47 PM

Stand up Bulldogs and represent!

ejjones
November 24th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Youngstown State got hosed but if SCSU can get past Furman, that game in Fargo would be interesting. Can Buddy win a big game? Idk...

I don't know if I'd say YSU got hosed...they hosed themselves. Ending the season on a 3 game losing streak, win 1 and they would have been in. OOC schedule? Playing 2 pioneer foes & 1 NEC opponent? Those conferences are even weaker than the MEAC. Again, win 1 of 3 closing and their end...not SCSU fault, but thx.

eaglewraith
December 1st, 2013, 02:17 PM
Until the MEAC does something in the playoffs, these conversations will always happen.

I don't care what color anyone is, if you do poorly in the playoffs year in and year out, I'm going to question why you're still getting someone into the field.

Welp.

BisonFan02
December 1st, 2013, 02:24 PM
Most of you can't see it. So it's definitely no use in arguing over it.

The committee did the right thing.

SC State EARNED their bid.

Stop hating. Don't hate the players, hate the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y__iv23yVuQ