PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Furman...SoCon Autobid Winners

FCS_pwns_FBS
November 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
I will admit you guys are legit now. Your team has really matured over the year. I think you guys can take down many of the teams in the playoffs. I am reminded of a certain SoCon team that was picked to finish near the bottom of the SoCon standings, snuck into the playoffs, and made it to the semifinals.

kdinva
November 23rd, 2013, 05:59 PM
So, the SoCon had to go deep into the three-way tiebreaker procedure........Furman's win over ElCid was the clincher, it seems (samford lost to Citadel, UTC lost to both samford and Ga. Southern.........or something like that............)

apaladin2
November 23rd, 2013, 06:02 PM
I will admit you guys are legit now. Your team has really matured over the year. I think you guys can take down many of the teams in the playoffs. I am reminded of a certain SoCon team that was picked to finish near the bottom of the SoCon standings, snuck into the playoffs, and made it to the semifinals.

Thanks it's been a while. Congrats to the Igglets on their big win. Great way to end the season.

phoenix3
November 23rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
Here, here. Many congrats. You should send Swepson a thank you note.

citdog
November 23rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
furman sucks

but has a pretty good football team that could win couple in the playoffs

PaladinFan
November 23rd, 2013, 06:15 PM
Great win by the Eagles as well. Undoubtedly helps the strength of schedule.

Furman needed about 5 games to go their way to make the playoffs as autobid and SoCon champ. They all came though. Elon tried their darndest to screw us for the second time this season, but the fates had it for us.

Can't say enough about the team. Picked low to start the season, young team, coming off a 3-8 campaign, and just wouldn't quit.

longtimemocfan
November 23rd, 2013, 06:17 PM
Here, here. Many congrats. You should send Swepson a thank you note.

Congrats to Samford as well. 4th and goal at the Elon 12 and Sammy makes the play to win the game with 7 seconds left.

ElCid
November 23rd, 2013, 07:11 PM
Good job pukes. Better not embarrass us. Best of luck now. Shut some of these SOCON bashers up!

zilla
November 23rd, 2013, 07:26 PM
Congratulations Paladins!

Southern Bison
November 23rd, 2013, 07:31 PM
Congrats to the Paladins on getting the SoCon AQ!! It was a great game to watch in person and thanks to OL FU for being a great host

cmaxwellgsu
November 23rd, 2013, 07:49 PM
Congrats Paladins! Y'all definitely have the most improved team over the course of the season.

Apps03
November 23rd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Congrats to the Paladins on getting the SoCon AQ!! It was a great game to watch in person and thanks to OL FU for being a great host

Man, you have been one lucky dude this year. you have been to games and tailgated with some of the best people on this board. I know you would like to be in the dome this year. From your posts however, it appears as though you have been to some great games, great institutions and met some great people

DoWe
November 23rd, 2013, 09:14 PM
Congratulations to Furman! Now, it's your responsibility to shut up the SoCon bashers around here. Don't fail me as picked you to make the round of 8. You have my blessings to take it further.

xthumbsupx

Ivytalk
November 23rd, 2013, 09:15 PM
Somewhere in SC, OL FU is partying!

PaladinFan
November 24th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Somewhere in SC, OL FU is partying!

I was driving somewhere in East Texas following the Samford/Elon game on my phone celebrating. I can only imagine OL FU and the Furman team was celebrating somewhere.

seantaylor
November 25th, 2013, 02:19 AM
Socon autobid traveling to a MEAC school. Jimmy Iovine is kin to Sammy Baker when it comes to denigrating a commodity

Eaglesrus
November 25th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Congratulations to all of you Paladins. The way your team developed during the season really was a testament to the abilities and dedication of your players and coaches. Best of luck in the playoffs!

PaladinFan
November 25th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Socon autobid traveling to a MEAC school. Jimmy Iovine is kin to Sammy Baker when it comes to denigrating a commodity

We won the auto bid. We were still a 7-5 team.

eaglewraith
November 25th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Purple still sucks, just saying.

SpeedkingATL
November 25th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Quite a turnaround for the Furple this year. I still hate purple but will be pulling for you guys in the playoffs. Well done Furman! Hate App won't get the chance to even the series; one of my regrets about leaving the SoCon. Kick some playoff butt!

furpal87
November 25th, 2013, 09:10 AM

Was that your first trip to Furman or had you been there before. Hope you had a chance to experience the beauty of the place, not to mention a great game!!

AshevilleApp2
November 25th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Congratulations Furman. It's been a long (for you) down time for your program. I don't doubt that making the playoffs this year is just a start to the return of one of the better FCS programs. Best of luck moving forward.

PaladinFan
November 25th, 2013, 03:37 PM
Congratulations Furman. It's been a long (for you) down time for your program. I don't doubt that making the playoffs this year is just a start to the return of one of the better FCS programs. Best of luck moving forward.

Thanks. I do think one of the most satisfying things about the season (for all three champs) is that they would have split the title regardless of App and GSU eligibility.

There's something less exciting about winning a SoCon title "because App and GSU weren't eligible." I appreciate it that much more that Furman, Samford, and UTC were able to do it the old fashioned way.

PaladinFan
November 25th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Furman celebrates SoCon championship

http://youtu.be/aSU6M9_4nO8