PDA

View Full Version : CSU and UNH - who would you take now?

Squealofthepig
November 23rd, 2013, 02:22 PM
We're just a few hours into a fantastic Saturday lineup, and already we have two major scores that affect the field (not including Furman, which still depends on Samford):

Maine 3, @New Hampshire 24
Liberty 56, @Charleston Southern 14

Maine's safely into the playoffs regardless, so this only affects their seed (that's a different conversation). But, what do you do with CSU and UNH now?

CSU is 10-3 (thirteen games!), with eight D1 wins (@Citadel, @Campbell, @Norfolk State, @App State, @VMI, vs. Charlotte, @Presbyterian, vs. Coastal Carolina). If you read that again, you'll notice that only two of those games are at home. However, the last two weeks have really put a hurting on the resume: a 27-10 loss at Gardner-Webb (which I think most could overlook), and now a 56-14 loss, at home, to Liberty.
UNH has been hard for me to gauge, but at 7-4 with 7 D1 wins, they have to be in the conversation: D1 wins vs. Colgate, Rhode Island, Nova, Stony Brook, JMU, Albany and Maine. Their losses can't be considered bad (FBS Central Michigan by 3, @Lehigh, @Towson, @W&M).

With Furman possibly snagging a spot, let's say the last spot is between these two. Who would you put in?

kdinva
November 23rd, 2013, 02:25 PM
New Hampshire, no doubt..........

UNHWildcat18
November 23rd, 2013, 02:26 PM
UNH

Squealofthepig
November 23rd, 2013, 02:29 PM
For the record, I'm on the UNH bandwagon too - just two weeks ago, though, who would've thought we'd be thinking of leaving CSU out? While I do like CSU's road performance, their 6 touchdown loss at home going into the playoffs is very hard to overlook.

smilo
November 23rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Both! Go Phoenix!

But if Samford comes back as they likely won't go down easy, I agree with the UNH sentiment.

FargoBison
November 23rd, 2013, 03:18 PM
I'd take UNI over CSU. CSU has no business even being discussed. You can't finish the season like that.

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk

Engineer86
November 23rd, 2013, 03:26 PM
CSU is absolutely out. I agree they have no business even in the discussion

DoubleH
November 23rd, 2013, 06:44 PM
Agree with all the other posters. You take UNH, and it's not even close.

bonarae
November 23rd, 2013, 06:58 PM
UNH...

Cocky
November 23rd, 2013, 06:58 PM
UNH before and after this weekend.

ElCid
November 23rd, 2013, 07:27 PM
I was a CSU basher for weeks and then finally got on the bandwagon after their victory over CCU. Then I wish I had trusted my judgment all along. The losses to G-W and Liberty were horrendous. Playoff teams do not choke that bad. Good job by NH, but still not entirely sold on them either. But if any 7 win team gets in for an at-large, it might be them. And they might deserve it, especially after today.

CID1990
November 23rd, 2013, 09:38 PM
I was a CSU basher for weeks and then finally got on the bandwagon after their victory over CCU. Then I wish I had trusted my judgment all along. The losses to G-W and Liberty were horrendous. Playoff teams do not choke that bad. Good job by NH, but still not entirely sold on them either. But if any 7 win team gets in for an at-large, it might be them. And they might deserve it, especially after today.

CSU relied on a combination of luck, and disbelief/disrespect on the part of their opponents. They won't sneak up on anybody next year.

We are going to trash them in the opener next year. Yes, this is my Apphole moment... bookmark it.