PDA

View Full Version : CCU's fate mirrors BYU

kirkblitz
October 10th, 2006, 02:45 PM
http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/myrtlebeachonline/sports/15722425.htm

Most fans may believe that our win against Furman, easily the biggest in our program's young history, was decided about 10 p.m. on Saturday night.

However, a Coastal fan brought up an interesting fact that may prove that our fate was settled about 5 p.m. in Provo, Utah.

The fan - if I could remember his name I would give him credit for his observation - approached me after the game and said he knew we were going to upset the highly-ranked and respected Paladins. He was sure of himself because Brigham Young University had defeated San Diego State earlier in the day.
The fan pointed out that BYU had won and lost on the same weekends as CCU each week this year.
When we lost to Elon by three points in our opener, BYU fell to Arizona by three.
The weekend that we beat Wofford, BYU beat Tulsa.

That is very interesting, why would byu and coastal be exact mirrors of each other almost? Does this happen in 1-aa alot? Anyone got any opinions on that?

dungeonjoe
October 10th, 2006, 02:47 PM

That is very interesting, why would byu and coastal be exact mirrors of each other almost? Does this happen in 1-aa alot? Anyone got any opinions on that?

you are both near salt water?:confused:

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 10th, 2006, 02:50 PM
..and crack! :D

Sometimes the planets and stars just align themselves perfectly for these things.

UNHFan99
October 10th, 2006, 02:50 PM
I think it is really stupid, but also really interesting.

cosmo here
October 10th, 2006, 02:54 PM

what are they chances that one of more than 100 I-A teams' results will line up with one of more than 100 I-AA teams' results through five or six games? actually, probaby not bad. there really aren't that many permutations in football - either you win or you lose, usually scoring between 0 and 40 points, etc ...

walliver
October 10th, 2006, 07:51 PM
The odds of any two teams matching up wins/losses:

1 game - 50%
2 games - 25%
3 games - 12.5%
4 games - 6.25%
5 games - 3.125%

Obviously with 100 teams and a three percent chance of any two teams matching, most likely there will be at least one (likely more) team to match records.

As far as what a group of Mormons have to do with Beach Bums, I have no idea:D

Coastal89
October 10th, 2006, 09:10 PM
I think Josh is putting more effort into writing than he is kicking this year. He's missed 4 out of 10 FGs from 30-39 yards. Those were a sure thing the past 3 seasons.

The Gadfly
October 13th, 2006, 02:36 AM
An old Church of Later Day Saints practice was to have many wives.
The Chanticleer in the Nun's Priest's Tale had many wives. :eek:

Linehawg
October 13th, 2006, 12:47 PM
As far as what a group of Mormons have to do with Beach Bums, I have no idea:D

Gettin' naked with multiple "partners?"xlolx

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

MarkCCU
October 13th, 2006, 01:01 PM
it's a conspiracy

goasu984Life
October 13th, 2006, 01:04 PM
I would say that it is just a freaky thing. If it keeps up, though, you may be on to something.