PDA

View Full Version : I never thought I would say this....

Seven Would Be Nice
October 7th, 2006, 09:34 PM
I don't think these words have ever been said in the city of statesboro... but im afraid to play Elon next week :( :(

They seem to be playing much better this year, and everyone knows we are struggling.

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2006, 09:36 PM
YA'LL EAGLES...O' CHICKENS?.................AWK!

GeauxColonels
October 7th, 2006, 09:39 PM
I don't think these words have ever been said in the city of statesboro... but im afraid to play Elon next week :( :(

They seem to be playing much better this year, and everyone knows we are struggling.
WOW!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Are things REALLY that bad in Statesboro?!

catamount man
October 7th, 2006, 09:41 PM
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

(the above=catamount nation this evening. You BETTER believe Elon will be more than ready, take it from me.)

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

bobbythekidd
October 7th, 2006, 10:00 PM
I've said it before, I will say it again. What is up with the SoCon this season?

Death Dealer
October 7th, 2006, 10:54 PM
I've said it before, I will say it again. What is up with the SoCon this season?

Dude, don't even go there. We just lost to a CCU! They lost to Elon! So technically, Elon has already beaten us! Excuse me, I gotta go puke now.:pumpuke:

gophoenix
October 7th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Elon is bad, everyone bitches.

Elon is better, everyone bitches.

Elon beats good teams, everyone bitches and says those teams are overrated.

Elon loses to good teams, everyone bitches and ir proves Elon can't hang.

I mean, wtf do you people want? We were good in the recent past and its going to happen again sometime.

Death Dealer
October 7th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Elon is bad, everyone bitches.

Elon is better and everyone bitches.

So basically, there's no winning for us.

Quit your bellyaching. It was a compliment. You guys are alot better than I gave you credit for earlier in the season. But I still want to kick your butts, and I am some more pissed off that we just dropped a game to CCU....a Big South team for God's sake! What is the world coming to! Hold on, I feel another wave of nausea coming on.......:pumpuke:

God, losing sucks.:bang:

ngineer
October 7th, 2006, 11:08 PM
Seems like Lembo is already making his presence felt in the SoCon. The Phoenix should be sending some love to Lehigh for nurturing their new coach..:D

catamount man
October 7th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Seems like Lembo is already making his presence felt in the SoCon. The Phoenix should be sending some love to Lehigh for nurturing their new coach..:D

He outcoached Kent Briggs today, that's for sure. Dang, I feel about as low as a fan can get.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Seven Would Be Nice
October 8th, 2006, 12:05 PM
WOW!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Are things REALLY that bad in Statesboro?!

yes:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

GeauxColonels
October 8th, 2006, 12:07 PM
What are they saying is the problem out there? Anything in particular? Or is it just meltdowns across the board?

Seven Would Be Nice
October 8th, 2006, 01:35 PM
defense, offense has trouble clicking... cant finish strong in any games...small details like those :-/

KJ Eagle
October 8th, 2006, 01:37 PM
What are they saying is the problem out there? Anything in particular? Or is it just meltdowns across the board?

It depends on who you ask??

Some will say that it is a transition year with a very young and inexperienced defense and a brand new offense that most of the players were not recruited for. Therefore, a rough year is expected and look toward significant improvement in the next few years.

While others would say that BVG is Satan and has completely destroyed 25 years of perfection at GSU.:bawling:

I'm in the first group, but there is not a lot of patience in the 'Boro from most of the fans.

smallcollegefbfan
October 8th, 2006, 01:54 PM
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : : smh : :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

(the above=catamount nation this evening. You BETTER believe Elon will be more than ready, take it from me.)

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Is Appalachian State that much better than everyone in the SoCon? Elon did not score a TD on ASU's first team defense when they played. ASU beat them pretty good. Elon scored on an INT return and then put up 2 scores late on ASU's 2nd and 3rd team defense. Am I right on that Mr. C?

Right now I do think ASU is the best team in the SoCon for sure. They finally hit a stride on offense yesterday. Their defense is probably the fastest in I-AA. I believe you could take the best from Richmond, Cal Poly, and ASU on defense and probably come up with a top 15 defense in I-A.

gophoenix
October 8th, 2006, 02:00 PM
App has momentum right now and that is hard to stop. Elon played App 10-7 until late in the 2nd quarter when App focused and Elon lost focus for a quick 21 point 4 minutes for App before halftime. Elon scored in the 2nd quarter against a majority 1st string defense, though they were starting to rotated in 2nd stringers by then and then scored against a full 2nd string squad later. When App had their full 3rd string in is when Elon had a combination of 2nd/3rd string personnel in.

Just to clarify a bit.

But yes, at this point App is that much better. The rest of the SoCon teams seem a bit young this year..... at least with Western, Elon, The Citadel and GSU for that matter.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 8th, 2006, 02:08 PM

Some will say that it is a transition year with a very young and inexperienced defense and a brand new offense that most of the players were not recruited for. Therefore, a rough year is expected and look toward significant improvement in the next few years.

While others would say that BVG is Satan and has completely destroyed 25 years of perfection at GSU.:bawling:

I'm in the first group, but there is not a lot of patience in the 'Boro from most of the fans.

rough year, maybe 2 before we start seeing improvements.

recruiting players will take a year or two to develop. even next year if we recruit alot of players they are still freshman, leaving us with a young team for several more years.

GeauxColonels
October 8th, 2006, 06:50 PM

Rough times. Kind of sounds like the situation in Florida last year in Urban Meyer's first season. His system was not suited for the personnel - so he tweaked it and now they're playing well. Any chance that could help down there?!

tralfangar
October 8th, 2006, 07:01 PM
App has momentum right now and that is hard to stop. Elon played App 10-7 until late in the 2nd quarter when App focused and Elon lost focus for a quick 21 point 4 minutes for App before halftime. Elon scored in the 2nd quarter against a majority 1st string defense, though they were starting to rotated in 2nd stringers by then and then scored against a full 2nd string squad later. When App had their full 3rd string in is when Elon had a combination of 2nd/3rd string personnel in.

Just to clarify a bit.

But yes, at this point App is that much better. The rest of the SoCon teams seem a bit young this year..... at least with Western, Elon, The Citadel and GSU for that matter.

Cough... http://www.goasu.com/football/stats/2006/6341/

You scored on an int return in the second quarter, NOT on our defense. Good teams retain focus. Growing teams lose it....see App circa 2004. We reeled off 21 points after that int.

I look forward to Elon improving, don't be so defensive about everything. Forgive us if we're not jumping on the Elon bandwagon after such bad teams in the past few years.