Hansel
October 7th, 2006, 09:12 PM
GAME OVER CHANTS WIN :eek:

GaSouthern
October 7th, 2006, 09:13 PM
its over for sure now?!?!?!?!

umassfan
My question is how far will Furman fall in the polls.

FlyYtown
Wow.. Congrats CCU!!

MR. CHICKEN
THUD!........DUH SOUND O' FURPLE......DROPPIN' TA 11 ON DUH AGS!

AppStateSVX
October 7th, 2006, 09:14 PM
NOOOO!!!!!

I wanted ASU to hand furman that 2nd loss!!!

Tod
NO WAY! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Congrats CCU!!

xsmileyclapx

thirdgendin
Our special teams have been VERY bad all year, and it finally cost us a game.

AndrewFU21
God damit. I can't believe we lost by a defensive 2-pointer AGAIN.

But the fact that we lost to a big south team is just ridiculous. Sorrells filled in pretty well at QB, but hopefully Gray will be back soon, so we can run our normal offense.

Looks like I've got a whole lot more drinkin' to do tonight.

Tod
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

SuperJon
October 7th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Police formed a barrier. Goal posts are still up.

They're coming down now.

Wait, police stopped em.

Now they're coming down.

Whoa, wait, could be bad (On the phone with CoastalFan).

Nevermind, police formed a circle around the goal posts.

AppStateSVX
God damit. I can't believe we lost by a defensive 2-pointer AGAIN.

you guys gotta quit doing that

Coastal89
That was one hell of a ball game. I never would have put money on Coastal, not even with 14 points. I'm glad i've got it on tape though, it'll make the off season just a little better.

ravens
October 7th, 2006, 09:16 PM
THUD!........DUH SOUND O' FURPLE......DROPPIN' TA 11 ON DUH AGS!

It sounded further. Good win Chants.

MR. CHICKEN
HEY FURBALLS....COULD BE WORSE.......YA'LL COULD BE WEARIN'...MICHIGAN HELMETS!................AWK!

Mountaineer
Wow. :o

Congrats to Coastal! xsmileyclapx :hurray:

Hansel
Nice win Chants :)

bobbythekidd
October 7th, 2006, 09:17 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: I like the outcome.
I hate the way it ended.
Congrats Coastal, A hard win against an awsome team. Great heart and coaching!:hurray:

Death Dealer
October 7th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Unbelievable. I am actually at a loss for words. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: This sucks. Grats to Coastal...they played a great game and we played the worst game of our season so far, hope it's the worst of the whole season. Gotta say though, if this is how we play D, we are going to get our asses handed to us in Boone, and maybe a few other places.:( Holy crap, we just lost to Coastal.

FlyYtown
October 7th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Final Score for everyone's knowledge?

Death Dealer
October 7th, 2006, 09:19 PM
29-27 Coastal :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Final Score for everyone's knowledge?

29-27...BEACH CHICKENS!

thirdgendin
29-27

SuperJon
Memo to teams: If you wear purple, don't play a 7pm game at Coastal.

Death Dealer
October 7th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Hey Mr. Chicken. No offense but I really hate you right now. It's that avatar...it's just too painful to look at.

Rick C
October 7th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Furman should fall a lot in the polls. CCU played well. It took a good while for Furman to adjust defensively to what CCU was doing. Even though Furman kept CCU from scoring in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, they didn't put it away when they had the chance.

Furman had two chances to win the game - they had the ball with a 7 point lead in the 3rd quarter and CCU stopped their running game and they had to punt. Then they had the ball first down on the CCU 41 with 3+ minutes to go, down by 2. Felton for 1 on first down. CCU began to bring some pressure, and there were three straight incompletions. That was pretty much the ball game.

Although I believe that Furman would have scored a couple more touchdowns with Gray, this is a game they should have won even with him going out. Congratulations to CCU. Thigpen played very well and Simpson was sensational.

nothingbutjsu
October 7th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Great game. Watched it on CSS. Tough luck FU. Big win for CCU. Congrats from a fellow chicken!

MR. CHICKEN
October 7th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Hey Mr. Chicken. No offense but I really hate you right now. It's that avatar...it's just too painful to look at.

HEY...NO SAND...ON MAH BEACH BLANKET!

DEALER...EVERAH HEAR..O' MOLLY HATCHET?

Coastal89
October 7th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Simpsons stat 9 catchs 151 yards 2tds

Thigpen 21-33-0 274 yards

Simpson should get some consideration for offensive player of the week. No way we win without him.

phoenixsq
October 7th, 2006, 09:36 PM
OK all you SoCon people, let's give a little (just a little) respect to Elon:nod: for their victory in Conway last month. We are really not as bad as the crApp St people say we are. Still I am sorry to see a loss within the SoCon family.:bang:

matfu
October 7th, 2006, 09:37 PM
this game was an "ambush". i did not believe coastal could beat us unless everything went wrong. if gray doesn't go out, we win going away. the
4th down TD pass to simpson was huge. tough to play 3 quarters with a redshirt freshman qb.

the good news: this was not a conference game and if furman is going to win it all this year, we needed to play against a team who likes to pass.

congrats to coastal. you did what you had to do to win!

phoenixsq
October 7th, 2006, 09:38 PM

Unless you wear maroon and gold!!!:D Go Elon!!

matfu
October 7th, 2006, 09:39 PM
elon has obviously improved to whip western and beat coastal; i think furman could beat coastal at least 8 out of 10 games BUT tonight they WON!!!

blur2005
October 7th, 2006, 09:46 PM
Yeah, this means that UNI, Western Illinois, Weber State, Tennessee Tech, Western Carolina, Northwestern State, Holy Cross, Prairie View, and Central Arkansas should probably try to avoid a game in Conway at night. Just ask JMU and Furman.

catdaddy2402
October 7th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Good win for Coastal, and one that can be used as a cornerstone for a still building program.

Death Dealer
October 7th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Yeah Mr. Chicken, gotta love MH....great grits rock band. Woulda, coulda, shoulda....blah, blah, blah....we played like **** on D. :bang: With that sort of passing D, the Crappalachian Mountainqueers are going to eat our lunch. : flamemad

Chants '07
October 8th, 2006, 01:11 AM
All I'm hearing from Furman fans are excuses as to why you lost!

Furman scored on a VERY SHORT field after a muffed punt that tied the game at 14

Coastal missed a FG that would have put them up 17-14 at the half.

Realistically Furman was FORTUNATE TO BE TIED AT THE HALF. The score could have been 17-7 Coastal.

Plain and simple Furman's pass D is weak. Jerome had a field day, whether it was double coverage or what, and Tyler made great decisions on 3rd down and did not turn the ball over.

We had MULTIPLE dropped passes that ended drives in the 3rd quarter, so its not like Coastal played it best game of the season by any stretch. Offensively I believe Elon is the best showing but the lack of redzone offense killed the chants in that one.

MAYBE, JUST MAYBE Coastal outplayed Furman!!

I've got to believe that if we can run the table, and win impressively that the playoffs are still within grasp!!

GO CHANTS...FINISH!!

AndrewFU21
October 8th, 2006, 01:39 AM
All I know, is that Coastal better be ready for the return trip next season. Because Western Carolina already found out a couple of weeks ago, that Furman University doesn't play that *****ing bad against the same team twice in a row.

With that said, congrats to CCU. You guys have a good team, and Simpson is a good WR. You exploited our defensive weakness, being the height of our DB's, and went with it. It was just one of those kind of games where literaly everything was going against FU: CCU's coach's mother dies, or starting QB gets hurt, etc. The biggest thing is that with Gray out, we had to completely change our offense, and couldn't run what we had been running all year long. CCU's offense is tough as well, and our defense, the strength of the team all season, couldn't make a stop when it mattered most.

kirkblitz
October 8th, 2006, 01:41 AM
Did the furman qb get carried off the field or did he walk? I never notcied he even got injured, i did see a little golf cart ambulance thing though.

Coastal89
October 8th, 2006, 02:32 AM
I forgot to mention that just before tonights game, Coastal recieve a $1.6M donation towards the construction of the fieldhouse and stadium improvements.:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

psc2445
October 8th, 2006, 02:37 AM
I forgot to mention that just before tonights game, Coastal recieve a $1.6M donation towards the construction of the fieldhouse and stadium improvements.:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

that's awesome, but for the game.................damn furman!

AndrewFU21
October 8th, 2006, 02:38 AM

Nice. From the TV, the scoreboard looked really nice, but the stadium definitely could use some improvements. Ideally they would increase the capacity by at least 5000 or so at some point if they want to move into the SoCon.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.

Coastal89
October 8th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Nice. From the TV, the scoreboard looked really nice, but the stadium definitely could use some improvements. Ideally they would increase the capacity by at least 5000 or so at some point if they want to move into the SoCon.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the way.
The plan is to add 2000 seats in the endzone and later on to add an upper level to the visitors side, no number on the seats there but i'd guess around 4-5K.

OL FU
October 8th, 2006, 06:49 AM
Good Facilities
Good Atmosphere
Good Crowd
Good Fans
Good Game

:thumbsup: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Oh well it is Sunday now and I feel better.

rokamortis
October 8th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Good Facilities
Good Atmosphere
Good Crowd
Good Fans
Good Game

:thumbsup: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Oh well it is Sunday now and I feel better.

Thanks OL FU.

rokamortis
October 8th, 2006, 08:46 AM
The plan is to add 2000 seats in the endzone and later on to add an upper level to the visitors side, no number on the seats there but i'd guess around 4-5K.

I was told 2100 seats. I think it is great that we'll get those but it concerns me that it is at the expense of the hill. Someone said we can't really fit temp bleachers either so the only option is to expand with permanent seats. As a startup program we couldn't expand too quickly as we have limited funds and are paying off the startup costs, but hopefully after the fieldhouse is built we'll start adding seats evry season to get to a size where we have plenty of seats. I wouldn't mind expanding a bit too much and start offering discounted family plans like Georgia Southern and Delaware.

GaSouthern
October 8th, 2006, 09:40 AM
its ok FU fans we just had our worst home loss since like 1994

Death Dealer
October 8th, 2006, 10:13 AM
its ok FU fans we just had our worst home loss since like 1994

Losing really sucks...although we seem be making a niche for ourselves in the "shooting ourselves in the foot in the middle of the season" category. :bang:

Death Dealer
October 8th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Can't really say it was all our fault though. I am cringing as I say this, and as much as it pains me to admit it, Coastal played a great game...they just had our number last night....ughhhh, there I said it. :bawling: If you tell my brother ( he's a CCU alum), I will deny it to my grave....I've gotta listen to his **** for a whole year. : flamemad It's enough to make you :pumpuke:

Chants '07
October 8th, 2006, 10:21 AM
Thank you Death Dealer!!!

Finally a Furman fan admits that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, coastal is a pretty good football team. Yeah we lost to Elon, we also had over 400 yards of total offense that night and got into the redzone 8 TIMES! Poor execution on our part lead to the lost, it was NOTHING that elon did!!!

Georgia Southern was our worst game BY FAR, defensively of the season. I would like to see them again, but we'll have to wait a year!

Death Dealer
October 8th, 2006, 11:17 AM

Finally a Furman fan admits that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, coastal is a pretty good football team. Yeah we lost to Elon, we also had over 400 yards of total offense that night and got into the redzone 8 TIMES! Poor execution on our part lead to the lost, it was NOTHING that elon did!!!

Georgia Southern was our worst game BY FAR, defensively of the season. I would like to see them again, but we'll have to wait a year!

Enjoy while it lasts, because we are going to beat the crap out of you next year! I promise! :smiley_wi (just some good natured smack Chants 07). Same thing I told my brother this morning for the tenth time...I hate having to already be thinking about next year.:bang: :D If you come to the game next year you can come tailgate with my brother and I....I'll be sure to have a few extra FU smack talkers to help my side. xlolx

eaglesrthe1
October 8th, 2006, 11:45 AM
All I'm hearing from Furman fans are excuses as to why you lost!

GO CHANTS...FINISH!!

Every time I read posts like this, it makes me chuckle.xlolx People can see things so easily in others, and yet be so blind to it in themselves.:rolleyes:

OL FU
October 8th, 2006, 01:34 PM

Bennett (or whoever calls the plays) called a good game also. :nod:

Saint3333
October 8th, 2006, 01:46 PM
OK all you SoCon people, let's give a little (just a little) respect to Elon:nod: for their victory in Conway last month. We are really not as bad as the crApp St people say we are. Still I am sorry to see a loss within the SoCon family.:bang:

Why do Elon fans always involve ASU in their discussions:confused:

Did we just beat you by 30? I hope Elon is a good team, just makes us look better.

Furman very disappointed in your performance, I hope you guys bring the team that played last night up to Boone, but for some reason I doubt that...

AppGuy04
October 8th, 2006, 01:51 PM

Did we just beat you by 30? I hope Elon is a good team, just makes us look better.

Furman very disappointed in your performance, I hope you guys bring the team that played last night up to Boone, but for some reason I doubt that...

envy breeds contempt Saint

Great wins by the Chants

OL FU
October 8th, 2006, 02:25 PM

After all the talk about our defense, I was also.

We seem to suffer from the same thing we suffer from 14 out of every fifteen years, the lact of ability to defend the pass. especially tall receivers. :rotateh:

Saint3333
October 8th, 2006, 02:37 PM
After all the talk about our defense, I was also.

We seem to suffer from the same thing we suffer from 14 out of every fifteen years, the lact of ability to defend the pass. especially tall receivers. :rotateh:

Can I introduce you too Mr. Mayfield a converted linebacker...

30 receptions, 560 yards, 4 TDs

http://www.goasu.com/football/roster/1571/

phoenixsq
October 8th, 2006, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Chants '07]Thank you Death Dealer!!!

:confused: :confused: What? We held you three times inside the red zone to field goals, forced turneovers, and kept the ball away from you the final six minutes on offense and Elon had nothing to do with itxidiotx xidiotx ?? Don't get big headed now just because you beat Furman:eyebrow: :eyebrow: . The bottom line is we came into your house and still :asswhip: How about some respect here? We are SoCon brethern a believe me we will not forget next time you come to our house.

AppGuy04
October 8th, 2006, 02:50 PM
:confused: :confused: What? We held you three times inside the red zone to field goals, forced turneovers, and kept the ball away from you the final six minutes on offense and Elon had nothing to do with itxidiotx xidiotx ?? Don't get big headed now just because you beat Furman:eyebrow: :eyebrow: . The bottom line is we came into your house and still :asswhip: How about some respect here? We are SoCon brethern a believe me we will not forget next time you come to our house.

God forbid you win a couple of more games. You won't be able to walk through a door. Never thought Elon fans would seem worse than GSU fans

SoCon48
October 8th, 2006, 02:58 PM
They seem to forget Furman's 1st string QB watched much of the game from the sidelines with his ankle in a boot cast.

OL FU
October 8th, 2006, 03:04 PM
They seem to forget Furman's 1st string QB watched much of the game from the sidelines with his ankle in a boot cast.

There is no doubt that did not help.

Sorrels did a good job but we change our offensive strategy with him in and he is not Gray the junior.

But the problem is pass coverage. :eek:

Thigpen picked us apart good.