PDA

View Full Version : College World Series

Hansel
June 14th, 2005, 06:56 PM
anybody going or been there before? I am a first timer and heading there on Friday, hope to make the Tenn-Oregon St game Friday afternoon, but it depends on how much work I pretend to get done by Fri morning.

bobcatfan06
June 15th, 2005, 12:34 AM
Baylor or Tulane wins it all.

bison95
June 15th, 2005, 08:52 AM
I live about an hour from the stadium. I would love to go, but would prefer to go when the husker football freaks are not at the games. Everyone who goes says the people and the atmosphere are great, except when NU is there. Also it sounds like tickets will be at a premium with the huskers buying them up.

Gil Dobie
June 15th, 2005, 12:02 PM
It's a great event, I've been there 9 times. Best game was the 1995 championship with the walk-off HR. There is a souvenir store across the street that gives out a free beer to customers. Get there early if you want cheap on the street parking.

wkuhillhound
June 15th, 2005, 03:06 PM
It's a great event, I've been there 9 times. Best game was the 1995 championship with the walk-off HR. There is a souvenir store across the street that gives out a free beer to customers. Get there early if you want cheap on the street parking.

Are you referring to the LSU homerun to beat the Miami Hurricanes?

Hansel
June 15th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Warren Morris?

Gil Dobie
June 15th, 2005, 09:29 PM

Yes, I was sitting just past 1st base and got a great view.