Tommy John
Tony La Russa
Marvin Miller
Dave Parker
Dan Quisenberry
Ted Simmons
George Steinbrenner
Joe Torre

The committee is Rod Carew, Carlton Fisk, Whitey Herzog, Tommy Lasorda, Paul Molitor, Joe Morgan, Phil Niekro, Frank Robinson, Paul Beeston, Dave Montgomery, Jerry Reinsdorf, and Andy MacPhail.

Gil Dobie
November 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM
I would put them all in. The Hall of Fame has players/coaches that currently are not at the level of the players/coaches on this list.

Dave Concepcion
Bobby Cox
Steve Garvey
Tommy John
Tony La Russa
Marvin Miller
Dave Parker
Dan Quisenberry
Ted Simmons
George Steinbrenner
Joe Torre

superman7515
November 5th, 2013, 10:17 AM
I would put in Cox, Torre, La Russa, and Steinbrenner but none of the others.

dbackjon
November 5th, 2013, 10:37 AM
None of the above

AshevilleApp2
November 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM
Marvin Miller.

B.T.C.
November 7th, 2013, 04:09 PM
I would put in Cox, Torre, La Russa, and Steinbrenner but none of the others.

(I'm a Yankees fan for full disclosure) I could sign off on this. But I think I'd wittle that down even more so and potentially only make it Steinbrenner. For some reason I'm leaning more toward Cox than Torre. But Torre has become Selig's golden boy over the years so he is in. Steinbrenner is the only one that I think is a no brainer, however. He revolutionized the way the game was marketed and the business end of it all.

citdog
November 7th, 2013, 04:12 PM
(I'm a Yankees fan for full disclosure) .

mother****ing jim leyritz

superman7515
November 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM
The most wins by managers all-time:
1. Connie Mack - in the HOF
2. John McGraw - in the HOF
3. Tony La Russa
4. Bobby Cox
5. Joe Torre
6. Sparky Anderson - in the HOF
7. Bucky Harris - in the HOF
8. Joe McCarthy - in the HOF
9. Walter Alston - in the HOF
10. Leo Durocher - in the HOF
11. Casey Stengel - in the HOF

B.T.C.
November 7th, 2013, 06:34 PM
The most wins by managers all-time:
1. Connie Mack - in the HOF
2. John McGraw - in the HOF
3. Tony La Russa
4. Bobby Cox
5. Joe Torre
6. Sparky Anderson - in the HOF
7. Bucky Harris - in the HOF
8. Joe McCarthy - in the HOF
9. Walter Alston - in the HOF
10. Leo Durocher - in the HOF
11. Casey Stengel - in the HOF

Cox and La Russa actually coached. Torre, not so much. Most objective Yankees fans will let you know just how poor of a manager he was. He was fortunate enough to have a wealth of talent around him, a talented minor league system, and bottomless pockets of an owner prior to the Luxury Tax becoming what it is today under the new CBA. Torre did as much harm to his teams as good, despite all of their success.

superman7515
November 7th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Torre was also a 9x All Star, an MVP, received votes for MVP 6 other times, finished 2nd in rookie of the year voting, won a Gold Glove, 1971 NL batting title, 1971 NL Player of the Year, and won over 1100 games as the manager of teams not named Yankees.

B.T.C.
November 7th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Torre was also a 9x All Star, an MVP, received votes for MVP 6 other times, finished 2nd in rookie of the year voting, won a Gold Glove, 1971 NL batting title, 1971 NL Player of the Year, and won over 1100 games as the manager of teams not named Yankees.

And in managing all teams not named 'New York Yankees' he lost more games than he won, only accumulating winnings seasons in 6 out of 18 seasons. He had 1,230 losses to accompany those 1,100 non-Yankee wins you made mention of. Does that sound HOF worthy to you? A .484 winning percentage across 18 seasons?

PaladinFan
November 8th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Bobby Cox should be the first of the Braves' dynasty to enter the Hall.

I'm expecting five all in - Glavine, Maddux, Smoltz, Cox, and Jones.

PaladinFan
November 8th, 2013, 08:34 AM
mother****ing jim leyritz

A pox on his house.

If I never see him or Kent Hrbeck again, it'll be too soon. Someone EXPLAIN this call to me (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzH2sFArIwE). That was worse than the bloody 270 foot infield fly two years ago, and that was one of the worst calls in the history of the game. Somewhere in there too is Eric Gregg's 6 foot wide strikezone in 1997 (how do we keep getting screwed?).

superman7515
November 8th, 2013, 09:01 AM
And in managing all teams not named 'New York Yankees' he lost more games than he won, only accumulating winnings seasons in 6 out of 18 seasons. He had 1,230 losses to accompany those 1,100 non-Yankee wins you made mention of. Does that sound HOF worthy to you? A .484 winning percentage across 18 seasons?

Funny you should mention that.

Connie Mack - .486 win pct - Hall of Fame
Bucky Harris - .493 win pct - Hall of Fame
Lou Boudreau - .487 win pct - Hall of Fame
Frank Robinson - .475 win pct - Hall of Fame

So yes, it does sound HOF worthy, even though you conveniently chose to ignore the All-Star appearances, MVP, etc.

PaladinFan
November 8th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Funny you should mention that.

Connie Mack - .486 win pct - Hall of Fame
Bucky Harris - .493 win pct - Hall of Fame
Lou Boudreau - .487 win pct - Hall of Fame
Frank Robinson - .475 win pct - Hall of Fame

So yes, it does sound HOF worthy, even though you conveniently chose to ignore the All-Star appearances, MVP, etc.

I don't know who to attribute it to, but I head the quote recently "If winning is everything, baseball's not your game."

dgtw
November 8th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Frank Robinson is not in the HOF for his managing.