PDA

View Full Version : How to tell your teams season is shot

clenz
November 3rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
When you turn on the radio broadcast for the game, stop paying attention for 4 minutes, and when you start listening again you can't tell who has the ball because your team is so far down the depth chart due to injuries that even most of the die hard fans wouldn't know the names.

Kid you not that happened to be multiple times yesterday. I can't count how many times I found myself going "who the hell is that"listening to the UNI game yesterday and I tend to know the roster fairly well

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

PantherRob82
November 3rd, 2013, 05:16 PM
Same here. I also went into the store, came back out and all of the sudden only Carnes was taking snaps. Didn't know until later that Kollmorgen was injured because Rima never mentioned it.

Sycamore62
November 3rd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Same here. I also went into the store, came back out and all of the sudden only Carnes was taking snaps. Didn't know until later that Kollmorgen was injured because Rima never mentioned it.

It's a shame you don't have us on the schedule this year.

DFW HOYA
November 3rd, 2013, 09:26 PM
A 20 point loss to Marist in week 3 was an early sign.

ValleyTalk
November 3rd, 2013, 09:42 PM
Did Kolmorgen and Johnson both get hurt?

JayJ79
November 3rd, 2013, 10:54 PM

what did you want him to do, recap all the injuries every 5 minutes? There wouldn't be any time for any PbP.

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 07:19 AM
Did Kolmorgen and Johnson both get hurt?

Apparently...along with 16 other starters this season...

Smitty
November 4th, 2013, 07:27 AM
How to tell you teams season is shot?

It starts....

DetroitFlyer
November 4th, 2013, 07:44 AM
A 20 point loss to Marist in week 3 was an early sign.

Marist is good this year. Their QB is a difference maker. No shame in a loss to Marist this year. Most likely at least a PFL co-champion.

SpeedkingATL
November 4th, 2013, 08:16 AM
Losing to NC A&T and Charleston Southern at home early in the season pretty much gives you a trend.

BEAR
November 4th, 2013, 08:41 AM
When you hear the radio announcer say, "Looks like coach is taking off that freshman's redshirt. Shame really. Oooooohh. Looks like he broke his leg too! What a waste of a redshirt season."

UCA has had nearly 20 injuries with at least 5 broken ankles or legs. One senior is playing on offense with just a couple on defense. When you can make Northwestern State look good, you have FAAAAAAAAR too many injuries. Up next, a rolling and on fire Southeastern Louisiana Lions team. We're doomed.

Daved
November 4th, 2013, 08:48 AM
When the opposing team has more fans in the stands on homecoming week.xsmhx

F'N Hawks
November 4th, 2013, 08:58 AM
When your team gives up 35, 55, and 63 points in a three game HOME stretch. xthumbsdownx

Houndawg
November 4th, 2013, 09:12 AM
When you lose your entire starting secondary before the first game.xsmhx

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 11:28 AM
When you hear the radio announcer say, "Looks like coach is taking off that freshman's redshirt. Shame really. Oooooohh. Looks like he broke his leg too! What a waste of a redshirt season."

UCA has had nearly 20 injuries with at least 5 broken ankles or legs. One senior is playing on offense with just a couple on defense. When you can make Northwestern State look good, you have FAAAAAAAAR too many injuries. Up next, a rolling and on fire Southeastern Louisiana Lions team. We're doomed.

Same here. At some point ill update my list of injuries and who is out for the season.

I know we lost another starting db this weekend....May have lost our starting qb and rb too...to go along with 2 starting wr, at least 1 starting ol, at least 1 or 2 starting dl, at least 1 starting lb, and pretty much every db on the roster

penguinpower
November 4th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Same here. At some point ill update my list of injuries and who is out for the season.

I know we lost another starting db this weekend....May have lost our starting qb and rb too...to go along with 2 starting wr, at least 1 starting ol, at least 1 or 2 starting dl, at least 1 starting lb, and pretty much every db on the roster

WTF is going on there? Can that all be bad luck or is there a S&C issue?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Well very recently the way to tell your season is shot is you are UNI and it's October.

BEAR
November 4th, 2013, 11:40 AM

I gave up trying to keep up with who was injured and who was out for the year. We are now up to 7 season ending or career ending injuries after the horse-collar tackle that sent our redshirt freshman RB to the hospital in an ambulance during our game Saturday against Northwestern State.

Is it bad luck?

Is it that second rate Adidas stuff that was sent to the team under the new contract, you know not the stuff they promised? None of this happened before we took on Adidas. Makes me wonder.

I'm guessing we are close to 20 injuries of various sorts with most of them being upper classmen. Concussions, broken ankles and legs are the biggies from what I've seen.

All I know is the team that takes the field on Saturday is nearly totally different than the one that kicked it off to start the year. That isn't good.

World
November 4th, 2013, 01:24 PM
How to tell your teams season is shot

Easy

When you lose to Columbia by a wide margin

World
November 4th, 2013, 01:26 PM
When the opposing team has more fans in the stands on homecoming week.xsmhx

Ouch!

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 01:42 PM
WTF is going on there? Can that all be bad luck or is there a S&C issue?
No idea this year. It's just crazy...

I doubt it's a SC thing though as it's not what you'd expect from SC issues - it's broken legs, blown ACL's, broken feet, separated shoulders, concussions, dislocated elbows, stress fractures, etc... The SC coach at UNI is a tremendous coach that has worked with olympic lifters and athletes.

We've had injuries before, but this is just stupid. I'm not kidding when I said I had no idea who had the ball. I'm in the process of moving and just had the UNI game in the background. I got caught away from the radio for 5-10 minutes and when I got back IlSU had the ball but I legitimately couldn't tell because the guys making the tackles I had never heard of, and when UNI had the ball I hadn't heard of the people getting the ball thrown to them.

Without looking, like I said, I'd bet we are down to pulling redshirts off of guys and/or playing rFr that had no intention of actually seeing the field this year. I wouldn't be shocked if Sawyer can't go (I have no idea what his issue is, like PR said it was never touched on in the broadcast for those that missed it) I'd bet we see rFr Justin Black get PT at QB so we can keep Brion Carnes on the edgres (and Carnes isn't a great thrower). Out top 2 WR right now came into camp as the 3 and 4 options on the edge (could be argued it was 2/4). We are down to our 3rd and 4th TE in multiple TE sets. Both starting DT's are out for the season since camp or very limited in game/practice - also why we are running a 3-4 instead of a 4-3. It seems like we've rotated 8-10 guys through the secondary due to injuries, and same for LB.

It's one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen

Sycamore62
November 4th, 2013, 02:36 PM
ISUb is right there with you with the injuries

darell1976
November 4th, 2013, 03:09 PM
How to tell your teams season is shot:

Have Chris Mussman as your head coach.

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Got a text from a buddy saying David Johnson broke his fibia.....done for the year.

Also said that is is unlikely Sawyer plays this week. The concussion he suffered at NDSU is probably a lot worse than was let on, and with the OL getting banged up like it is sounds like it hasn't gotten better.

Holy ****....the hits keep coming if these rumors are true.

darell1976
November 4th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Got a text from a buddy saying David Johnson broke his fibia.....done for the year.

Also said that is is unlikely Sawyer plays this week. The concussion he suffered at NDSU is probably a lot worse than was let on, and with the OL getting banged up like it is sounds like it hasn't gotten better.

Hopefully everyone recovers fully for next season.

BisonFan02
November 4th, 2013, 03:29 PM

Concussion at NDSU for Sawyer? I thought that happened last week.

Bears 16
November 4th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Is it that second rate Adidas stuff that was sent to the team under the new contract, you know not the stuff they promised? None of this happened before we took on Adidas. Makes me wonder.

Alright don't even start talk about it being adidas cleats. A helmet straight to the leg regardless of what kind of gear you are wearing will most likely break something. A horse collar tackle like what happened to Kelton Nike cleats are not going to help that. These guys getting there legs rolled up none of that is preventable. Take a look at the Florida Gators injury report and all the leg injuries they have, they are not adidas. Don't start blaming it on the brand of gear UCA has switched to.

Emphasis is being put on protecting a players head area which is a good thing, but think about it, you can't go high on somebody anymore they are going to start going lower thus you are going to have more leg injuries.

Twentysix
November 4th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Concussion at NDSU for Sawyer? I thought that happened last week.

He can't handle how bad NDSU owns the pussies so he is blaming us for stuff that we didn't do, lol.

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 03:34 PM
He can't handle how bad NDSU owns the pussies so he is blaming us for stuff that we didn't do, lol.
Um...no, it's widely known he suffered a concussion at NDSU.

Sounds like he sufferend another one/exaserbated the previous one this past week.

****ing better as the minute goes on. Sounds like another starting OL Dan Kruger is out of the season and so is starting LB Jordan Gacke

I went to PantherNation for the first time in months to see if anyone had a list...here is a list of starters that we've now lost

Ben Wallace (starting OL, out for season)
Mac O'Brien (starting DL, out for season)
Bret LeMaster (Best WR, our for season)
Phil Wright (starting WR, out for season)
Sam Rohr (Starting TE, out for season)
Evan Williams (backup RB, out for first half of season)
Jake Farley (starting MLB, best defensive player, out for season)
Tim Kilfoy (Starting S, out for season)
David Johnson (hurt today, on crutches - rumoured to be broken leg)
Sawyer Kollmorgen (2nd concussion, could be done)
Jordan Gacke (starting LB, rumored torn ACL)
Dan Kruger (starting OL - nothing confirmed yet)

Those are just the season injuries...the list of other players who've left games/missed games is just stupid long

aces1180
November 4th, 2013, 03:36 PM

Sounds like he sufferend another one/exaserbated the previous one this past week.

****ing better as the minute goes on. Sounds like another starting OL Dan Kruger is out of the season and so is starting LB Jordan Gacke

I went to PantherNation for the first time in months to see if anyone had a list...here is a list of starters that we've now lost

Those are just the season injuries...the list of other players who've left games/missed games is just stupid long

But yet he stayed in the game? That seems pretty irresponsible of the UNI staff letting him continue playing...Reminds me of Ryan Berry from SDSU back in 2008.

I am hoping for a UNI miracle this weekend against YSU, however.

darell1976
November 4th, 2013, 03:37 PM

How many of those listed are seniors?

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2013, 03:39 PM
But yet he stayed in the game? That seems pretty irresponsible of the UNI staff letting him continue playing...Reminds me of Ryan Berry from SDSU back in 2008.

I am hoping for a UNI miracle this weekend against YSU, however.

then despite all protests, that is on the SC staff.

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 03:42 PM
I still fail to see how a concussion is on our strength coach...or broken bones....or dislocated joints, it torn acls

Muscle tears or strains sure...

NoDak 4 Ever
November 4th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I still fail to see how a concussion is on our strength coach...or broken bones....or dislocated joints, it torn acls

Tired teams hurt themselves. Isn't the training staff under that "department" as well?

jub1982
November 4th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Wasn't last year a similar story for UNI? They played a couple Big 10 schools and got beat up early, then never recovered. I know some of the injuries are bad luck, but sometimes its a sign of other issues.

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 04:39 PM
ACLs were an issue for as well...can't really do anything about that

Daved
November 4th, 2013, 05:08 PM

I am hoping for a UNI miracle this weekend against YSU, however.Wouldn't take a miracle--UNI could play their cheer leaders and still have a chance--back in 2008 YSU had an unreal 23 injured and lost to UNI by 1 point.

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2013, 05:08 PM
But it's not the coaches fault, period the end.

Here's the thing...this conference is a meat grinder. Survive it without injuries and you're doing something right.

AmsterBison
November 4th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Is Xavier Williams back?

Really too bad about those injuries. UNI hasn't caught a break on anything lately.

IBleedYellow
November 4th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Is Xavier Williams back?

Really too bad about those injuries. UNI hasn't caught a break on anything lately.

Only the bad kinds, which totally sucks. Our conference went from most likely having 3-4 teams in to 2.

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Is Xavier Williams back?

Kind of back but not really...

He falls into the next category of

clenz
November 4th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Players...not really practicing and kind of playing sometimes

JayJ79
November 4th, 2013, 05:44 PM

Concussions aren't always obvious right away. It could be that the staff wasn't aware of it during the game, and Sawyer tried to just play through it without telling anyone until after the game.

I don't know if that was the case or not, but it's a possibility.

SoCon2013
November 5th, 2013, 10:43 PM
When your number one QB has had unsuccessful knee surgery in the off season and you hire a rookie head coach as well as having the nation's best freshman WR kicked off the team.

SoCon2013
November 5th, 2013, 10:45 PM

Even the best conditioned athletes can suffer muscle strains or tears. It's the nature of the game.

skinny_uncle
November 5th, 2013, 11:49 PM
When you lose your entire starting secondary before the first game.xsmhx
If you are talking about 2010, I don't think we lost the last guy until week 2.
xoopsx

McNeese72
November 6th, 2013, 08:32 AM
I knew McNeese's season was shot in the 2012 season when there were more DB's on the sidelines not dressed out on crutches than there were DB's dressed out. Of course, there were multiple injuries at other positions, too.

In the 2011 season, it was offensive linemen and, if I remember right, runningbacks.

Doc

BEAR
November 6th, 2013, 08:37 AM
I knew McNeese's season was shot in the 2012 season when there were more DB's on the sidelines not dressed out on crutches than there were DB's dressed out. Of course, there were multiple injuries at other positions, too.

In the 2011 season, it was offensive linemen and, if I remember right, runningbacks.

Doc

I remember those two seasons. Said to myself, "Man, now Sam has a chance to win the conference."

eaglewraith
November 6th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Due to inability to block well on the outside, we move an OL out to be a slot receiver. However, he's wearing an ineligible number so he can't receive a pass (unless it's backward). It's supposedly because we saw something we could exploit in the opposing defense. However, we rarely run to his side, and we never set up a pass that he would be eligible to catch.

Nevermind that WR is probably the one position we don't have any injuries this year. Yep, that's when I knew it was over.

Twentysix
November 7th, 2013, 01:02 AM

Is it so widely known it was published somewhere?