PDA

View Full Version : Texas/Oklahoma Governors make wager

blackfordpu
October 5th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Oklahoma, Texas governors make charity wagerAssociated Press

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma Gov. Brad Henry and Texas Gov. Rick Perry have made a friendly wager on the upcoming game between Oklahoma and Texas.

If it's possible, the Red River Rivalry has more significance now than it did in the 1980s, when it was viewed as life-or-death by fans of the Longhorns and Sooners. Of course, the fans' attitude hasn't changed -- but the country's has.
To read more of What to Watch during week 6 by Jim Donnan, click here.

The governor whose team loses will donate a basket of goods from his state to a charitable organization of the winning governor's choice. The wager is a long-standing tradition between the governors of the two states.

Henry said he expects the No. 14 Sooners to win Saturday at the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. It will be the 101st meeting between the teams. Texas, ranked No. 7, won last year after dropping five straight in the series.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2613806

Hansel
October 5th, 2006, 09:23 PM
OU will win in a stunner :eek:

unknown-swac
October 6th, 2006, 12:12 AM
I like OU in this one also. I just dont think that rookie QB Texas has is gonna be able to stand up under pressure. Adrian Peterson will act a fool. Wouldve been interesting if they still had Bomar.

Zoo
October 6th, 2006, 12:26 AM
Oklahoma will win. Peterson is way too good for Texas to contain, and Colt McCoy for Texas, is going to be in for a looooong day.

blur2005
October 6th, 2006, 12:59 AM
I say Texas in a close one. AP may be incredible but Oklahoma's defense isn't that good, which is why Colt McCoy won't be shaken up too bad. Morevoer, all he has to do is throw it up to Limas Sweed because no one on Oklahoma's team will be able to cover him or Billy Pittman for that matter.

blackfordpu
October 6th, 2006, 10:38 AM
I'm taking Texas in a close one too. :nod:

Ivytalk
October 6th, 2006, 10:42 AM
I'll go with the Sooners in a tight one.

TexasTerror
October 6th, 2006, 11:38 AM
OU will win in a stunner :eek:

I honestly don't think it will be a stunner...

Two ranked teams. A rivalry game. It could go either way...

wannabegaucho
October 6th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Go Oklahoma! It will be a tough win for Oklahoma though, I'm still not convinced.