PDA

View Full Version : The only way ndsu loses this year

Pages : 1 [2]

bjtheflamesfan
October 25th, 2013, 06:29 AM
I don't think any team (at least with a sane fan base...) expects that their team will lose at any point. the reason you have upsets is because, every so often, a team that wasn't expected to win, catches lightning in a bottle, And you end up with games like NDSU over K-State, App State over Michigan, Indiana State over NDSU, Fordham over Villanova, The Citadel over Arkansas, Illinois State over App State, etc. remember the title of this board Bison Nation...it will serve you well when the time comes for the upset bug to once again bite the green and gold

ValleyTalk
October 25th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Maine, Towson, Villanova, Fordham, EIU, EWU - Teams with best shot to knock off NDSU deep in playoffs....

YSU - Only MVFC team with a shot I believe. Having them at home with Sweater Vest day will be an emotional lift.

McNeese, SHSU, Montana, Montana St - Outside shot catching them early in playoffs on down week.
The YSU Athletic marketing wing should do everything in their God given power to make sure there are 20,500 at the YSU vs. NDSU game. Anything less than that would be a damn shame as far as I am concerned.

Last time YSU had more than 20,000 in a game.... it was Jim Tressel's final season in 2000 and it was when the Penguins defeated UNI 28-24. That was the last time YSU beat UNI until last season's showdown at Stambaugh!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 25th, 2013, 07:51 AM
The YSU Athletic marketing wing should do everything in their God given power to make sure there are 20,500 at the YSU vs. NDSU game. Anything less than that would be a damn shame as far as I am concerned.

Last time YSU had more than 20,000 in a game.... it was Jim Tressel's final season in 2000 and it was when the Penguins defeated UNI 28-24. That was the last time YSU beat UNI until last season's showdown at Stambaugh!

That would be half as many people that were there for K-State (not counting Bison fans). It simply doesn't matter.

bjtheflamesfan
October 25th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Remember the name of this board NoDak...no one can win every week and all good things must come to an end..it may not be that week but it will happen. (Like star Trek the next generation which titled its series finale "all good things" if memory serves me correctly)

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Youngstown is their most dangerous regular season game left. Once the playoffs start, anything can happen.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 25th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Remember the name of this board NoDak...no one can win every week and all good things must come to an end..it may not be that week but it will happen. (Like star Trek the next generation which titled its series finale "all good things" if memory serves me correctly)

Sure they can. There have been undefeated teams in the past.

Bison56
October 25th, 2013, 09:00 AM
The only way ndsu loses this year is if someone scores more points than them.

Grizalltheway
October 25th, 2013, 09:10 AM
Sure they can. There have been undefeated teams in the past.

Sure, but the odds are against you.

semobison
October 25th, 2013, 09:52 AM
0 losses. Book it.

Nothing is given in college football. We have a great team and a great opportunity to win a 3rd Nat Title. Lot of unfinished football left. O losses, book it??
Id rather lose a regular season game than one in the playoffs. Remember the Patriots undefeated season. Lets not get too cocky NoDak!

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Going undefeated in the Valley is a rare feat, but not impossible. My Salukis have only done it twice (2004, 2009).

NoDak 4 Ever
October 25th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Let me diagram it for you

This is a team before it meets NDSU:
http://f1.fsc.szene1.at/fign/92758/fign_92758.jpg
This is the game:

http://meatgrinders101.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/meat-grinder.jpg

Any questions?

Grizalltheway
October 25th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Let me diagram it for you

This is a team before it meets NDSU:
http://f1.fsc.szene1.at/fign/92758/fign_92758.jpg
This is the game:

http://meatgrinders101.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/meat-grinder.jpg

Any questions?

Well, Grizzlies are a protected species, so I'm not too worried about the meat grinder thing.

Twentysix
October 25th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Well, Grizzlies are a protected species, so I'm not too worried about the meat grinder thing.

All you gotta do is say, "it's coming right for us."

You then have the right to do anything you want :).

Grizalltheway
October 25th, 2013, 10:34 AM
All you gotta do is say, "it's coming right for us."

You then have the right to do anything you want :).

http://www.krtv.com/images/Bear3.jpg

As you can see, we're comin' for ya.xthumbsupx

Bisonator
October 25th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I do think the Bison go undefeated this season but I'm not naive enough to think that a loss couldn't happen. AGS

Who thought we would lose to Indiana State last year? Brock could have a brain fart and throw 2 more pick 6's!

Twentysix
October 25th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I do think the Bison go undefeated this season but I'm not naive enough to think that a loss couldn't happen. AGS

Who thought we would lose to Indiana State last year? Brock could have a brain fart and throw 2 more pick 6's!

I don't think 2 pick 6's will decide the game this year.

2012 ISU-b beats 2013 ISU-b by 50+.

Indiana State will be lucky to get 25 minutes TOP tomorrow

Bisonator
October 25th, 2013, 10:43 AM

Good thing we stay in a Herd!:D

NoDak 4 Ever
October 25th, 2013, 10:44 AM

Sounds like a possible Grambling situation happened yesterday. This team couldn't be more demoralized.

Bisonator
October 25th, 2013, 10:44 AM

I wasn't necessarily talking about tomorrows game. Just sayin....

Twentysix
October 25th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Good thing we stay in a Herd!:D

Isn't that the truth.

https://scontent-a-ord.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/969648_10151928657717008_1804480804_n.jpg

http://image2.stadiumjourney.com/images/stadiums/1444_NDSU_Bison_Fans_Flood_the_Field_After_Winning _FCS_Championship.jpg

bisonboone11
October 25th, 2013, 10:49 AM

Are you trying to show that even a wounded bison is strides ahead of a grizzly? xsmugx

Grizalltheway
October 25th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Are you trying to show that even a wounded bison is strides ahead of a grizzly? xsmugx

You see what you wanna see, I guess. :D

thebootfitter
October 25th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I don't think any team (at least with a sane fan base...) expects that their team will lose at any point. the reason you have upsets is because, every so often, a team that wasn't expected to win, catches lightning in a bottle, And you end up with games like NDSU over K-State, App State over Michigan, Indiana State over NDSU, Fordham over Villanova, The Citadel over Arkansas, Illinois State over App State, etc. remember the title of this board Bison Nation...it will serve you well when the time comes for the upset bug to once again bite the green and gold
Except that many NDSU fans expected the Bison to beat the Wildcats. But yes, point taken.

I think every sane NDSU fan already knows that upsets can happen. The players and the fans have seen it happen once in each of the past two years. I think that is why there is a confidence within both the fan base and the team that they will not allow it to happen again this year. The team knows what that sting of a loss feels like. They know what they need to do to prevent it from happening again. They are experienced and mature enough to execute on that. And they will not allow an upset against them this season.

If a team beats them this season, it will be because they are outplayed, outran, out-hustled, outsmarted, out-schemed, out-coached, etc. and have a few unlucky breaks. Of course this is possible. But this NDSU team has a certain resolve to it that will overcome even great adversity. There is something special about this group of players and coaches at this point in their collective careers, and I'm not being a homer when I say that.

Some folks have said that the odds are against them. Looking historically at how many other teams have three-peated and/or gone undefeated, I agree. However, when considering the history of this group of players as well as the intangibles they collectively possess, I have to say that the odds are actually with them to 3-peat and finish the season undefeated.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 25th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Except that many NDSU fans expected the Bison to beat the Wildcats. But yes, point taken.

I think every sane NDSU fan already knows that upsets can happen. The players and the fans have seen it happen once in each of the past two years. I think that is why there is a confidence within both the fan base and the team that they will not allow it to happen again this year. The team knows what that sting of a loss feels like. They know what they need to do to prevent it from happening again. They are experienced and mature enough to execute on that. And they will not allow an upset against them this season.

If a team beats them this season, it will be because they are outplayed, outran, out-hustled, outsmarted, out-schemed, out-coached, etc. and have a few unlucky breaks. Of course this is possible. But this NDSU team has a certain resolve to it that will overcome even great adversity. There is something special about this group of players and coaches at this point in their collective careers, and I'm not being a homer when I say that.

Some folks have said that the odds are against them. Looking historically at how many other teams have three-peated and/or gone undefeated, I agree. However, when considering the history of this group of players as well as the intangibles they collectively possess, I have to say that the odds are actually with them to 3-peat and finish the season undefeated.

I'm too tired to write this much today. Well said.

thebootfitter
October 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Furman is down 16-20 to #12 LSU at the half. But there's no way that NDSU could play with a team in the top 15 of FBS, right Chattown?

TennBison
October 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Yep, that looks right, it represents a Bison player and how far ahead of a grizzly player he will be while going into the end zone for a TD.

kingranch
May 26th, 2015, 07:50 PM
Bump, I predicted that season quite well!!! Actually I am just trying to get my post count up to 100 so I can vote in the poll this year and the other threads are really boring this time of the year

centennial
May 26th, 2015, 08:12 PM
AGS lounge ->
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forumdisplay.php?8-AGS-Lounge

PaladinFan
May 27th, 2015, 09:48 AM
It is worse than that... GSU had a 10 pt lead at half and was receiving the second half kickoff. They fumbled the kickoff return which set Furman up and then fumbled the first play after the subsequent kickoff which set Furman up again... just like that they were tied and in trouble.

A couple of series later Peterson took a shot in the small of the back and was done. Furman later scored and bled the clock dry and just like that a great era was done. You never know how things will work out... a couple of bad plays and you get beat.

Furman also played without its best player. Probably win a few bets noting that the leading rusher for the Paladins that day was Hindley Brigham.

They don't make many games like that anymore. The Furman/App/Georgia Southern games of those years were something special.

I was not in the locker room that day, but I imagine there are only a few college football teams in recent history that truly could feel like they felled a giant.

centennial
May 27th, 2015, 10:48 AM
This thread was pure comedic gold. That 2013 NDSU team is probably the best team in the FCS that I've seen in my 10 years of following it. That K-State team finished 8-5 with a bowl win over Michigan.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 27th, 2015, 10:54 AM
This thread was pure comedic gold. That 2013 NDSU team is probably the best team in the FCS that I've seen in my 10 years of following it. That K-State team finished 8-5 with a bowl win over Michigan.

It's definitely good to go back and see how much crap we got.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 27th, 2015, 08:43 PM
It's definitely good to go back and see how much crap we got.

Great read going back through it.

This year's Bison team has the potential to win it again.

IMO, there are probably 3 away games that could be a slip-up: Montana, SIU and maybe YSU.

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
May 28th, 2015, 06:52 PM
How did this turn into another "everybody pile on chattownmocs" thread?

Can I hate on him too?? Please??

andthehomeofthe-BIZON-
May 28th, 2015, 06:58 PM
Maine, Towson, Villanova, Fordham, EIU, EWU - Teams with best shot to knock off NDSU deep in playoffs....

YSU - Only MVFC team with a shot I believe. Having them at home with Sweater Vest day will be an emotional lift.

McNeese, SHSU, Montana, Montana St - Outside shot catching them early in playoffs on down week.

This makes sense.

BisonTru
May 28th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Great read going back through it.

This year's Bison team has the potential to win it again.

IMO, there are probably 3 away games that could be a slip-up: Montana, SIU and maybe YSU.

I'd put @SDSU at the top of that list. The Jacks return most of their defense, the majority of their o line, and a very good WR.

They'll need to replace Sumner and Zenner. Lujan looked decent in relief last year and if he gets unseated even better for the Jacks. Zenner most likely is replaced by a committee.

All in all, I'm not sure why people are sleeping on the Jacks. I have them finishing third in the MVFC.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 28th, 2015, 10:50 PM
Can I hate on him too?? Please??

I tell ya, I didn't go back enough pages to see that part until tonight. Man, I forgot how fun that conversation was. This could be my favorite non-playoff related thread ever.

Rjones61
May 29th, 2015, 01:13 AM
Try to remember how close the championship game was.

thebootfitter
May 29th, 2015, 01:23 AM
Chatty will be lucky to be 7-4 this season. Lucky.

Chattanooga has moved to a 12 game schedule like most teams.

my bad. 7-5

You sound desperate, we are already 5-2.

Yep and you'll beat Appy and The Citadel and lose to Samford, Wofford, and Alabama.

Sure, great prediction buddy!!!
I had to bring this string forward. Good call, NoDak. Only off by the Wofford game.

IBleedYellow
May 29th, 2015, 07:47 AM
Yeah. This thread was two years ago... When NDSU slaughtered the entire subdivision and not one playoff game was close.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 29th, 2015, 11:19 AM
I had to bring this string forward. Good call, NoDak. Only off by the Wofford game.

Woffy let me down that year. They went on a skid at the end of the season. It looked good when I said that.

parr90
May 29th, 2015, 11:52 AM
Stop it, we have mostly played teams way better than Chattanooga.

Was reading this thread and thought it very interesting and funny, but now I cant help but post. No you guys have not played most teams better than Chatt. Most teams you guys play are equal to Chatt talent wise. Chatt has alot of talent FCS wise every year, they just havent put together championship caliber teams with the talent over the years. You have played some teams more talented and won no doubt, but most your games are against teams that are similar to Chatt in talent. ESPN was wrong if they said NDST is closer to Bama than to Chatt. Going on talent alone ND and Chatt are more similar. Now I am one who has argued forever that the talent Gap between FCS and FBS is much smaller than is led to believe. You can thank the media for this and all the star rankings stuff. There is a difference in talent and being a football player. Having alot of talent doesnt equate to having alot of good football players. NDST has talent but more so have done a great job finding good football players and getting them to buy into their philosophy and culture. Winning is a culture and NDST has a winning culture, which makes them hard to beat. Georgia Southern where I played in the 80's has a winning culture and thats why they have been able to continue to win even though moving up a level. So has App St. The premier FBS teams have more talent, but are their football players that much better? I dont think so. What you have when you see a team like GS or NDST play a premier FBS team close is usually the premier team has 4-5 really superstar talented athletes like a Percy Harvin types that end up breaking the game open and are able to make the plays that count that allow them to pull away in the 4th quarters. A team like NDST can play with an Alabama for 3 quarters if their mind is right going in, its these high caliber types that end up breaking it out for the Bamas. Thats the real difference. You wont see NDST's OL getting pushed around by a premier teams DL. Oh the announcers and media will try to say stuff like that and say "ND just couldnt hold up against the size and strength of Ohio States big line. BS. Bigger doesnt mean stronger. And all this crap about a smaller DL gets worn down by the bigger OL is BS too. That is something the media loves to say......"they are wearing them down now". Maybe if they have a deep rotation and the smaller team has 4 guys up front playing the whole game, but not because they are bigger and stronger. If the DL is in shape, it doesnt matter if the OL is bigger as far as getting tired. If it is it never happened to me and other players I have spoken to agree. NDST has been on an incredible run. Its going to end at some point but it may not be til after they win 5. That would be some accomplishment. I dont believe the FCS is as strong overall team wise though as it was 15 years ago when all the other move ups were still around. Still very impressive for NDST. That last simi against GS up at ND was hard for me to watch. I still think that game would have been different had we played on a neutral outdoor site, and maybe had a FG kicker. I do think there are some programs like NDST in FCS that have established a culture of winning that could play and win consistently with at least MAC or Sunbelt, Conf USA types. The question I have for NDST will be when this run is over will they be able to continue winning consistently or will they just drop off and become another 4 or 5 and done. I always felt it would be hard to recruit at NDST but when you create a successful culture of winning it seems to continue.

Rjones61
May 29th, 2015, 12:04 PM
Yeah. This thread was two years ago... When NDSU slaughtered the entire subdivision and not one playoff game was close.

Ah, I see. My fault, I thought it was a 2016 season prediction.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 29th, 2015, 12:31 PM
Was reading this thread and thought it very interesting and funny, but now I cant help but post. No you guys have not played most teams better than Chatt. Most teams you guys play are equal to Chatt talent wise. Chatt has alot of talent FCS wise every year, they just havent put together championship caliber teams with the talent over the years. You have played some teams more talented and won no doubt, but most your games are against teams that are similar to Chatt in talent. ESPN was wrong if they said NDST is closer to Bama than to Chatt. Going on talent alone ND and Chatt are more similar. Now I am one who has argued forever that the talent Gap between FCS and FBS is much smaller than is led to believe. You can thank the media for this and all the star rankings stuff. There is a difference in talent and being a football player. Having alot of talent doesnt equate to having alot of good football players. NDST has talent but more so have done a great job finding good football players and getting them to buy into their philosophy and culture. Winning is a culture and NDST has a winning culture, which makes them hard to beat. Georgia Southern where I played in the 80's has a winning culture and thats why they have been able to continue to win even though moving up a level. So has App St. The premier FBS teams have more talent, but are their football players that much better? I dont think so. What you have when you see a team like GS or NDST play a premier FBS team close is usually the premier team has 4-5 really superstar talented athletes like a Percy Harvin types that end up breaking the game open and are able to make the plays that count that allow them to pull away in the 4th quarters. A team like NDST can play with an Alabama for 3 quarters if their mind is right going in, its these high caliber types that end up breaking it out for the Bamas. Thats the real difference. You wont see NDST's OL getting pushed around by a premier teams DL. Oh the announcers and media will try to say stuff like that and say "ND just couldnt hold up against the size and strength of Ohio States big line. BS. Bigger doesnt mean stronger. And all this crap about a smaller DL gets worn down by the bigger OL is BS too. That is something the media loves to say......"they are wearing them down now". Maybe if they have a deep rotation and the smaller team has 4 guys up front playing the whole game, but not because they are bigger and stronger. If the DL is in shape, it doesnt matter if the OL is bigger as far as getting tired. If it is it never happened to me and other players I have spoken to agree. NDST has been on an incredible run. Its going to end at some point but it may not be til after they win 5. That would be some accomplishment. I dont believe the FCS is as strong overall team wise though as it was 15 years ago when all the other move ups were still around. Still very impressive for NDST. That last simi against GS up at ND was hard for me to watch. I still think that game would have been different had we played on a neutral outdoor site, and maybe had a FG kicker. I do think there are some programs like NDST in FCS that have established a culture of winning that could play and win consistently with at least MAC or Sunbelt, Conf USA types. The question I have for NDST will be when this run is over will they be able to continue winning consistently or will they just drop off and become another 4 or 5 and done. I always felt it would be hard to recruit at NDST but when you create a successful culture of winning it seems to continue.

I'll let you know. So far the run is going on 50 years.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2015, 12:35 PM
Ah, I see. My fault, I thought it was a 2016 season prediction.

2015? Man are we jumping back & forth through time. xlolx

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON WITH THIS THING?!!
http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ziggy.jpg

caribbeanhen
May 29th, 2015, 12:38 PM
is by continuing to play in the FCS

thebootfitter
May 29th, 2015, 12:41 PM

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ziggy.jpg

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to ursus arctos horribilis again."

That was a GREAT show! Not often I see references to it.

centennial
May 29th, 2015, 12:56 PM

It's really hard to read without paragraphs. Yes, chatt has had talent close or better than the average MVFC team. Does talent alone make a team? We have been winning consistently for a long time. Yes, we will not win the FCS every year but we expect to be close to the top. As an example Craig Bohl was on really thin ice after 3-8 2009 season and might have been replaced had we not made the playoffs in 2010.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 29th, 2015, 01:37 PM
It's really hard to read without paragraphs. Yes, chatt has had talent close or better than the average MVFC team. Does talent alone make a team? We have been winning consistently for a long time. Yes, we will not win the FCS every year but we expect to be close to the top. As an example Craig Bohl was on really thin ice after 3-8 2009 season and might have been replaced had we not made the playoffs in 2010.

I didn't say "we played athletes better than Chattanooga", I said "we played TEAMS better than Chattanooga".

He then goes on to describe the difference which only proved my point.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2015, 02:43 PM

xlolx

I absolutely will not read something that is one big long block of text like that. Parr's a good dude but I just wasn't diving into that mess.

NDSUSR
May 29th, 2015, 03:52 PM
http://acephalous.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c2df453ef01156f8a4e10970c-500pi

Missingnumber7
May 29th, 2015, 04:02 PM
The question I have for NDST will be when this run is over will they be able to continue winning consistently or will they just drop off and become another 4 or 5 and done.

4 or 5 and done really? 101-30 in our first decade in FCS...1 losing season. But yea we will just drop off and become another 4 and 5 and done...we've already done something no one else in FCS had ever done...win 4 straight...during that streach we changed coaches and QBs. But please...tear the team down more so you can build yours up a notch.

clenz
May 29th, 2015, 04:23 PM
4 or 5 and done really? 101-30 in our first decade in FCS...1 losing season. But yea we will just drop off and become another 4 and 5 and done...we've already done something no one else in FCS had ever done...win 4 straight...during that streach we changed coaches and QBs. But please...tear the team down more so you can build yours up a notch.
I'm amazed at how quickly, and to the level, Bison fans STILL get uptight and defensive. It really is something else to behold

clenz
May 29th, 2015, 04:24 PM
xlolx

I absolutely will not read something that is one big long block of text like that. Parr's a good dude but I just wasn't diving into that mess.
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/392/689/333.jpg

Rjones61
May 29th, 2015, 05:10 PM

http://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/ziggy.jpghttp://farm3.staticflickr.com/2273/2502533056_76280dafaf_z.jpg?zz=1

NoDak 4 Ever
May 29th, 2015, 05:13 PM
I'm amazed at how quickly, and to the level, Bison fans STILL get uptight and defensive. It really is something else to behold

Please, mention one little thing about your little championship wall not filling as fast as it used to and you are all over it.

NDSUSR
May 29th, 2015, 10:15 PM

If respect is earned and not given what more do you ****ing expect from NDSU?
You voting for Hillary too?

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 30th, 2015, 08:56 AM
NDSU will always field a competitive team no matter at what level they are at. This 15 team will be very good and has the ability to win it's 5th NC in a row.

Bison Fan in NW MN
May 30th, 2015, 09:04 AM
Please, mention one little thing about your little championship wall not filling as fast as it used to and you are all over it.

The only thing UNI football has over the Bison, which is almost nothing, is their head to head matchup. Oh ya, all the conference titles pre Dakota schools....

UNI is a good FCS program but not top dog in the conference any more and that "irritates" UNI fans.

.......there is always basketball season

BisonFan02
May 30th, 2015, 09:31 AM
The only thing UNI football has over the Bison, which is almost nothing, is their head to head matchup. Oh ya, all the conference titles pre Dakota schools....

UNI is a good FCS program but not top dog in the conference any more and that "irritates" UNI fans.

.......there is always basketball season

Yup....and some things never change. In those years when UNI beat NDSU in D2/College Division, how many championships did they win? :D

344Johnson
May 30th, 2015, 09:42 AM

Try living in Fargo and being surrounded by it.

If respect is earned and not given what more do you ****ing expect from NDSU?
You voting for Hillary too?

Respect is earned? I agree. What does that have to do with getting super defensive anytime someone questions a football team that you don't play for?

NoDak 4 Ever
May 30th, 2015, 09:49 AM
Try living in Fargo and being surrounded by it.

Respect is earned? I agree. What does that have to do with getting super defensive anytime someone questions a football team that you don't play for?

I could ask the same about constantly taking potshots at a football team you don't play for. The comment that started this little slapfight was simply a correction to the impression that this team is just a flash in the pan. It clearly is not.

344Johnson
May 30th, 2015, 10:08 AM
I could ask the same about constantly taking potshots at a football team you don't play for. The comment that started this little slapfight was simply a correction to the impression that this team is just a flash in the pan. It clearly is not.

Because it's become very fun to watch the reactions. You'd think from talking to the average NDSU fan that this team could be a BCS team.

Ultra-defensive group, if anyone ever questions anything about "the program," they will find about ten Bison fans smashing away at their keyboards on their old Windows XP with their signed Brock Jensen jersey in the background.

NoDak 4 Ever
May 30th, 2015, 10:23 AM
Because it's become very fun to watch the reactions. You'd think from talking to the average NDSU fan that this team could be a BCS team.

Ultra-defensive group, if anyone ever questions anything about "the program," they will find about ten Bison fans smashing away at their keyboards on their old Windows XP with their signed Brock Jensen jersey in the background.

that's not really what happened here. You troll Bisonville and a lot of threads here, unfortunately we usually take the bait and react accordingly.

344Johnson
May 30th, 2015, 11:00 AM
that's not really what happened here. You troll Bisonville and a lot of threads here, unfortunately we usually take the bait and react accordingly.

Hence what clenz was saying, defensive group of people.

Twentysix
May 30th, 2015, 02:57 PM

You have to wonder if UNI will win another basketball game, ever. I mean they play in Iowa, recruiting is basically impossible.

:D Enjoy Clenz.

clenz
May 30th, 2015, 03:22 PM
Yup. Whats amazing is that an actual bison has very, very, thick skin.

Most bison posters have the skin thickness of the top of my left thumb right now....which is currently recovering from second degree burns...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

centennial
May 30th, 2015, 04:12 PM
I admit, a lot of NDSU fans have a thin skin. The only reason you are here is to troll, I am not a fan of Texas but I am not on their forums trolling them. If you don't like NDSU you are free to ignore them. Do you have a need for getting a reaction out of people online?

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2015, 04:33 PM
I admit, a lot of NDSU fans have a thin skin. The only reason you are here is to troll, I am not a fan of Texas but I am not on their forums trolling them. If you don't like NDSU you are free to ignore them. Do you have a need for getting a reaction out of people online?

I think there are some very thin skinned NDSU fans. Heck every fanbase has em'. The hyper sensitive crew that just have to jump on any perceived slight...but it looks like a more prevalent thing with NDSU because there are just more fans here so you get more of all of it. The good, the bad, the ugly, etc.

But the number of those that like to lash out at anyone else and then have thin skin is what makes me wonder where some get off. If you want to dish it out then be able to take it.

If 344 is just a troll to you guys then that sucks and so forth but anytime you find some overly thin skin you might overdo it just to cause problems, that happens, hell I do it. xlolx

NDSU fans are just great fans that are great in this community overall. You guys have won 4 in a row, you might want to ease up on the hyper sensitive thing just a bit though cuz it just doesn't look right for such a proud heritage.

If you don't feel like it then that ain't no big deal either.xthumbsupx

Twentysix
May 30th, 2015, 05:08 PM
Yup. Whats amazing is that an actual bison has very, very, thick skin.

Most bison posters have the skin thickness of the top of my left thumb right now....which is currently recovering from second degree burns...

Damn, I didn't mean for my post to burn you that badly.

clenz
May 30th, 2015, 06:02 PM
Damn, I didn't mean for my post to burn you that badly.
It wasn't "that bad" of a second degree burn according to the doctor but it is about 80% of the skin between the two knuckles...looks right off of webmd.
You got me get, chicken ******
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/30/c7ea7de6b47f458135a87a628378384d.jpg

For real though, molten plastic will do some real damage on the 1/2 second it's on your hand before you're are to get it off.... try to avoid it

ursus arctos horribilis
May 30th, 2015, 06:05 PM
It wasn't "that bad" of a second degree burn according to the doctor but it is about 80% of the skin between the two knuckles...looks right off of webmd.
You got me get, chicken ******
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/05/30/c7ea7de6b47f458135a87a628378384d.jpg

For real though, molten plastic will do some real damage on the 1/2 second it's on your hand before you're are to get it off.... try to avoid it

And for the ove of god, absolutely do not put it on your nipples.

clenz
May 30th, 2015, 06:07 PM
And for the ove of god, absolutely do not put it on your nipples.
Also good advice

Twentysix
May 30th, 2015, 09:06 PM

Were you making some kind of weird thumb shaped sex toy?

clenz
May 30th, 2015, 09:43 PM
Were you making some kind of weird thumb shaped sex toy?
My thumb isn't that big. Was fixing/bonding some plastic connections at work. Some plastic got too hot and melted off the attempted fix.

Mostly a comedy of errors

parr90
June 1st, 2015, 09:31 AM
xlolx

LOL sorry guys.........Wasnt trying to impress my English teacher. I just started writing what I was thinking. I was thinking the same thing afterwards.

As far as winning, I was talking about NDST in FCS. I know they won allot before they moved up as well. I was actually praising NDST, I think they have done an incredible job there. They have done a great job getting really good football players and getting them to buy in. I just think it would be hard to recruit there, but obviously they have been able to to do so successfully in the past.

parr90
June 1st, 2015, 09:41 AM

Man O Man..........not what I was doing. Probably should have stated that differently. My point was that yes ND has been successful in FCS but there is a little difference in winning over a long period of time and doing so in a block of time like 4-5 years. I know you guys were successful as well before moving in FCS. I am just curious to see if once your team gets to a point where this run is over, how will things pan out over the next few years after that? We won a championship the year after our coach retired but it was still with his players. Our coach that started the program won 3 and played for 4. When the new coach came in and won a NC it looked like things would continue as it had but after a couple years we went through a down period, for us, it wasnt losing seasons but it was not what we had been used to.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 23rd, 2015, 08:57 PM
Bump

15-0 and 5 straight NCs.

BisonBacker
June 24th, 2015, 02:00 PM
xlolx

^^^THIS^^^

Hammerhead
June 24th, 2015, 04:00 PM

Don't forget that SDSU also had a 4-point lead with 3 minutes left in our first playoff game.

clenz
June 24th, 2015, 04:32 PM
Don't forget that SDSU also had a 4-point lead with 3 minutes left in our first playoff game.
and you lost by 3 TDs to UNI.

IBleedYellow
June 24th, 2015, 04:42 PM

But that doesn't matter. We all know UNI steps up for big games and then forgets where they are come playoffs.

Sorry Chad. :D

BisonFan02
June 24th, 2015, 06:10 PM

You guys got your paint cans handy to throw that up on the wall? xlolx xthumbsupx

centennial
June 24th, 2015, 06:18 PM
Better drop one in the Valley then the playoffs. UNI played a great game. We did win 4 NC's in a row and only one was undefeated. I would take the NC every year even if we lost to UNI.

Bison Fan in NW MN
June 24th, 2015, 07:08 PM

Had a good come back all ready to go.

4 titles in a row....I'll leave it at that!

ursus arctos horribilis
June 24th, 2015, 07:24 PM
clenzy lighting up the Bison!

xlolx

Lehigh'98
June 24th, 2015, 08:37 PM
clenzy lighting up the Bison!

xlolx

You'd think they'd be a little more secure after 4. Lighten up Francis!!!

344Johnson
June 24th, 2015, 08:40 PM

Watch out. You might get one of two reactions.

"Wentz was hurt!!! Dude could barely walk! Bruce Jenner's courage has nothing on Carson!"

Or....

"Congrats to UNI, definitely the better team that day. But Carson was hurt and the Bison dropped a TD!"

Jokes aside.

I'll take the Herd to lose a couple of games in the regular season unless the Valley sucks something awful. Lost a lot on defense.

clenz
June 24th, 2015, 08:42 PM
It's still so damn easy to get BiSSSSSSon fans worked up

caribbeanhen
June 24th, 2015, 09:27 PM

why is that so true? It's like there is a secret lying in the river up in Fargo....

centennial
June 24th, 2015, 10:06 PM
Watch out. You might get one of two reactions.

"Wentz was hurt!!! Dude could barely walk! Bruce Jenner's courage has nothing on Carson!"

Or....

"Congrats to UNI, definitely the better team that day. But Carson was hurt and the Bison dropped a TD!"

Jokes aside.

I'll take the Herd to lose a couple of games in the regular season unless the Valley sucks something awful. Lost a lot on defense.
Why don't you go and enjoy life instead of trying to troll people? If you really hate NDSU fans so much you are free to move to South Bend. UNI played a great game, that is all. Who cares if Carson was injured, we should have put the backup in. Champions don't make excuses.

NDSUSR
June 24th, 2015, 11:06 PM

How did you guys do last year?? yeah, I thought so.

NDSUSR
June 24th, 2015, 11:08 PM

Yeah its hard being on top. Oh wait, you wouldnt understand.

344Johnson
June 24th, 2015, 11:18 PM
Why don't you go and enjoy life instead of trying to troll people? If you really hate NDSU fans so much you are free to move to South Bend. UNI played a great game, that is all. Who cares if Carson was injured, we should have put the backup in. Champions don't make excuses.

I do enjoy life. I don't want to move to Indiana. I prefer North Dakota. And that's odd, I saw a lot of excuses.

NDSUSR
June 24th, 2015, 11:20 PM
I do enjoy life. I don't want to move to Indiana. I prefer North Dakota. And that's odd, I saw a lot of excuses.

meh... Living in Indiana does suck tho.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
June 24th, 2015, 11:27 PM

I've been a lifelong ND fan. They were the very first team I ever really liked. I was pretty much born into it. Thankfully, I'm just old enough to remember 1988 and the Tony Rice, Rocket, Zorich etc. years.

Temple played them two years ago in South Bend. It was the most uncomfortable sporting event I've ever watched. Temple plays ND in Philly this year which will be equally awkward. More so if we're good.....

344Johnson
June 24th, 2015, 11:50 PM
I've been a lifelong ND fan. They were the very first team I ever really liked. I was pretty much born into it. Thankfully, I'm just old enough to remember 1988 and the Tony Rice, Rocket, Zorich etc. years.

Temple played them two years ago in South Bend. It was the most uncomfortable sporting event I've ever watched. Temple plays ND in Philly this year which will be equally awkward. More so if we're good.....

Same. Born into it. Too young to have many positive experiences... Only heartbreak. I imagine it's how Viking fans feel.