PDA

View Full Version : Clemens, Pettite and Tejada...oh, my

UNHWildCats
October 1st, 2006, 11:51 AM
Remember that document with names blacked out in the Grimsley investigation that forced his retirement from baseball? The names are out and Roger Clemens, Andy Pettite and Migue Tejada are among others named as players taking steroids.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/baseball/mlb/09/30/bc.bbo.drugs.grimsley.other.ap/index.html

Mr. C
October 1st, 2006, 11:10 PM
It was hard for me not to suspect Clemens for a variety of reasons. He seemed to be on the downward spiral and then suddenly he is pitching like Superman again and then holding up way into his mid-40s. Pettite is one of Clemens' best friends and they share a personal trainer who has been implicated. Tejeda came from Oakland and was surrounded by other dirty players. He also was partially blamed when Rafael Palmeiro got busted last year for giving Palmeiro injectable "vitamins. Brian Roberts of Baltimore had 18 career homers and suddenly hits 18 the next season. Jay Gibbons was another player that sort of burst on the scene with the Orioles.

At least in David Segui's case, he was using HGH legally, prescribed by a doctor to treat a real medical condition.

Mr. C
October 1st, 2006, 11:13 PM
Heard Clemens a few months back busting on Barry Bonds on the Dan Patrick Show one day. Now it looks like Roger the Dodger was being a hypocrite.

bluehenbillk
October 2nd, 2006, 07:19 AM
Not surprised on Clemens at all. But Andy Pettite?

LacesOut
October 2nd, 2006, 08:24 AM
They're all hypocrites and liars. I don't believe any of them when they deny using. Not that I care that they used, but man up and admit it. Jeesh!

HiHiYikas
October 2nd, 2006, 08:39 AM
It's good to see that some big pitchers are finally being implicated, and not just sluggers. It further reveals that the whole steroids era was dirty, and that an asterisk here or there is entirely useless.

Gil Dobie
October 2nd, 2006, 09:13 AM
Give them all the Balco Barry Asterisk.

UNHWildCats
October 2nd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Not surprised on Clemens at all. But Andy Pettite?

I know like i told my friend. Tejada and Roberts well ya anyone would suspect them, Clemens..ok but PEttite WOW! never expected that

Ivytalk
October 2nd, 2006, 10:11 AM
I saw Tejada play in Oakland as a rookie. He was skinny back then. Now he looks like the Incredible Hulk.: smh :

Hansel
October 2nd, 2006, 01:56 PM
Does Petitte look like he takes roids?

LacesOut
October 2nd, 2006, 02:29 PM

No. But neither did Raffy Palmerio or Jason Grimsley. Not all juicers will look like Bonds, McGuire, Caminiti, or Sosa.

HiHiYikas
October 2nd, 2006, 05:57 PM
Well, you have to take into account what he looked like when he was a rookie...
http://www.maderatribune.com/content/img/f65937/0715as-Little-League-JoJo.jpg

Mr. C
October 2nd, 2006, 11:53 PM
Well, you have to take into account what he looked like when he was a rookie...
http://www.maderatribune.com/content/img/f65937/0715as-Little-League-JoJo.jpg
Wow, the roids must have given Andy Pettite the ability to throw left-handed too.
:D xlolx

seantaylor
October 3rd, 2006, 02:41 AM
Grimsley is just fronting. Neither Pettite or Clemons was juicing IMO. Pithcers have it, or they don't. It's not like either of these guys went from a buck 50 to 250 in their 30's like Bonds. Bonds's head got bigger, and he started hitting more homers after age 36. Doesn't happen. Pettite and Clemens were better in their 20's then they are now. I have no idea about Tejada.

JoltinJoe
October 3rd, 2006, 05:49 AM
I guess these guys are in the clear now as the US Attorney overseeing the investigation says the LA Times story was significantly inaccurate.

U.S. Attorney Says Report Alleging Drug Use Contains 'Inaccuracies' (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/02/AR2006100201054.html)

HiHiYikas
October 3rd, 2006, 06:48 AM
Wow, the roids must have given Andy Pettite the ability to throw left-handed too.
:D xlolx
That's right...side-effects may include sudden, unexplained sinistrality...