PDA

View Full Version : NBCSports.com's 2013-14 Mid-Major Power Rankings

BisonFan02
October 10th, 2013, 07:33 PM
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/09/nbcsports-coms-2013-2014-mid-major-power-rankings/

Interesting. :)

Twentysix
October 11th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Hopefully we can win some of our big away games early on.

IBleedYellow
October 11th, 2013, 08:02 AM
East Coast bias.

darell1976
October 11th, 2013, 08:07 AM
2 Summit teams in the top 10...add SDSU and it makes for a 3 team race before the season has started.

BisonFan02
October 11th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Also, lol at the whining from Wichita State fans for being considered a mid major in the comments...what a bunch of tools.

darell1976
October 11th, 2013, 10:37 AM
One month til the season starts and when football playoffs start....where did fall go.

Twentysix
October 11th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Awesome, NDSU has 17 games on TV this season.

darell1976
October 11th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Awesome, NDSU has 17 games on TV this season.

Do you have a tv schedule?

Twentysix
October 11th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Do you have a tv schedule?

Yeah:

Nov. 18 Southern Mississippi MeTV
Dec. 16 Delaware MeTV
Dec. 21 Towson NBC ND (HD)
Jan. 16 Omaha MeTV
Jan. 18 Western Illinois MeTV
Feb. 22 South Dakota State MeTV
Feb. 27 South Dakota MeTV
Mar. 1 Denver NBC ND (HD)

The North Dakota State men's basketball program will be featured in a minimum of 17 games on television for the 2013-14 season

It's obviously incomplete at this point. I would guess vs UND on Midco. Away USD SDSU, the game against Ohio State is likely on Big Ten Network, Notre Dame game is probably on tv, etc.

darell1976
October 11th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Yeah:

Nov. 18 Southern Mississippi MeTV
Dec. 16 Delaware MeTV
Dec. 21 Towson NBC ND (HD)
Jan. 16 Omaha MeTV
Jan. 18 Western Illinois MeTV
Feb. 22 South Dakota State MeTV
Feb. 27 South Dakota MeTV
Mar. 1 Denver NBC ND (HD)

The North Dakota State men's basketball program will be featured in a minimum of 17 games on television for the 2013-14 season

It's obviously incomplete at this point. I would guess vs UND on Midco. Away USD SDSU, the game against Ohio State is likely on Big Ten Network, Notre Dame game is probably on tv, etc.

Maybe FCS can pick up the UND/NDSU game. But impressive tv schedule. UND has a game on Fox Sports 1 with Butler would be the highlight of our tv schedule.

UND has 5 games on Midco NDSU, SDSU, Southern Utah, Montana St and Eastern Washington.

Twentysix
October 11th, 2013, 11:01 AM
A more complete posting:

11-18 Southern Miss MeTV
11-24 UND Midco
12-11 Notre Dame ESPNU
12-14 Ohio State B1G
12-16 Delaware MeTV
12-21 Towson NBC ND HD
1-16 Omaha MeTV
1-18 WIU MeTV
1-25 SDSU Midco and Fox College sports
1-30 USD Midco
2-6 IUPUI Fox College sports and Midco
2-8 IPFW Fox College Sports and Midco
2-15 Omaha Fox Collge Sports and Midco
2-22 SDSU MeTV
2-27 USD MeTV
3-1 Denver NBC ND HD

Summit league games x3 Fox Collge sports and Midco
Summit league championship ESPN2

20 possible TV games with no other game being picked up by TV, 17 guaranteed.

I think we had like 3 games on TV when I was a sophomore so this is a pretty big improvement.

superman7515
October 11th, 2013, 11:43 AM
How about that, yet another sport discussed at length on this site where Towson is actually better than NDSU... xlolx

Twentysix
October 11th, 2013, 12:24 PM
How about that, yet another sport discussed at length on this site where Towson is actually better than NDSU... xlolx

xcoffeex

TigerFen
October 12th, 2013, 07:12 AM
When I see Towson listed as a possible Tournament team, I am in shock. They have been so unwatchable for so long that I can't how they got watchable again. They are and at the right time with a new arena. On that note for the NDSU fans, Who should I be interested in seeing on NDSU when they play Towson in December?

Twentysix
October 12th, 2013, 10:01 AM
When I see Towson listed as a possible Tournament team, I am in shock. They have been so unwatchable for so long that I can't how they got watchable again. They are and at the right time with a new arena. On that note for the NDSU fans, Who should I be interested in seeing on NDSU when they play Towson in December?

Depends what kind of ball you like to watch. If you like alley-oops Trayvon Wright. If you like well rounded athletic players, Taylor Braun. If you like 3's Mike Felt.

BisonBohl
October 16th, 2013, 09:25 PM

Taylor Braun is our best player, he is the preseason pick for player of the year in the Summit League. He is Mr.effecient, scores, rebounds, assists, and defends very well. Very well rounded game.

Lawrence Alexander and Marshall Bjorklund are also both first team summit selections for the preseason. LA is a steady pg who has some bounce in his step. Bjorklund is our center who shot 67% from the field last year, second best in the nation. We love to get him touches and he finishes quite well.

Trayvonn Wright is freak athlete who can jump out of the building. Improved mightly over his junior year shooting the 3 and is long and lanky on defense.

Should be quite the game, Towson's Jerrelle Benimon is quite the player, really excited to see him play. Should be a great game.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 17th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Georgia State in the top 15? I'm calling shenanigans. Heck, we beat them last year.

lquarles
November 20th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Wichita State is scary again.

JMUNJ08
November 21st, 2013, 01:06 PM

Exchange Towson for JMU and you have our Men's team since the mid-90's... For my undergrad in the mid-2000's, JMU's highest win total was I think 7 or 9 games.... I never fathomed we would be banging bodies with IU in March...

UIWWildthing
November 29th, 2013, 06:14 PM
NDSU to Towson on national TV huh? So that means I get to see Towson beat NDSU on national TV twice in two weeks? :)
All kidding aside I'm with TigerFen it's amazing to see the turnaround the Tigers have made. Jerrille Benimon is the best player you may never heard of.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
December 3rd, 2013, 03:43 PM
NDSU to Towson on national TV huh? So that means I get to see Towson beat NDSU on national TV twice in two weeks? :)
All kidding aside I'm with TigerFen it's amazing to see the turnaround the Tigers have made. Jerrille Benimon is the best player you may never heard of.

I watched him go for 32 and 10 against Temple last month! He did it against a likely NBA player in Temple's Anthony Lee. Lee did have 20 and 9 himself..

Towson has the potential to be a Sweet 16 team imo. Their two losses were blowouts against VERY good teams (Kansas & Villanova). NDSU is a step up from St. Mary's this year. The Bison will have to play extremely well to win assuming Towson brings their A game.

Twentysix
February 1st, 2014, 02:52 PM
I guess they weren't better in either sport :p

FargoBison
February 3rd, 2014, 05:09 PM
I guess they weren't better in either sport :p

NDSU owns the CAA in both football and hoops!