PDA

View Full Version : Emmert Questioned Again--Enforcement Bias

Nova09
October 10th, 2013, 04:00 PM
USA Today article addresses some inherent flaws in the NCAA enforcement system, concludes things are much more exacerbated under Emmert than ever before.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2013/10/08/alabama-illegal-benefits-case-spotlights-ncaa-mark-emmert-nick-saban-friendship/2948023/

NCAA President Mark Emmert has a special relationship with Alabama head football coach Nick Saban.
As chancellor at LSU from 1999 to 2004, Emmert hired Saban as his football coach and eventually helped make him the highest-paid coach in the nation at $2.3 million.
"Chancellor Emmert is absolutely the best boss I've ever had," Saban said at LSU in 2004. "He's the most significant reason I was interested in the job. Never once has he disappointed me."
But how will that relationship work out now?Saban's program at Alabama has a problem that might draw attention from Emmert's NCAA. According to a recent report by Yahoo Sports, one of Saban's best players, D.J. Fluker, took money and gifts at Alabama in 2012 — a possible rules violation that could draw a penalty as serious as the NCAA ordering Alabama to vacate last season's national title. An assistant Alabama strength coach also recently was placed on leave for providing an impermissible short-term loan to a football player, according to The Tuscaloosa News.

OhioHen
October 11th, 2013, 06:17 AM
The NCAA can't make Alabama vacate last year's "national title." It isn't an NCAA championship.