PDA

View Full Version : Ivy League Week 3 (6) - 2013

bonarae
September 29th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Penn has some real competition for the title this season after breakout "upsets" by Yale (over Cornell) and Harvard (over Brown). xrolleyesx

This week's games:
Colgate at Cornell - seems obvious to me...
Harvard at Holy Cross - Holy Cross is bipolar to me.
Dartmouth at Penn
Columbia at Princeton
Yale at Cal Poly - the first shot of any Ivy facing a ranked team west of the Mississippi in the FCS era. One-sided battle most likely, barring another offensive outburst by the Bulldogs.
Rhode Island at Brown - Rhody is also bipolar to me.

bulldog10jw
September 29th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Penn has some real competition for the title this season after breakout "upsets" by Yale (over Cornell) and Harvard (over Brown). xrolleyesx

This week's games:
Dartmouth at Penn
Columbia at Princeton
Yale at Cal Poly - the first shot of any Ivy facing a ranked team west of the Mississippi in the FCS era. One-sided battle most likely, barring another offensive outburst by the Bulldogs.

Harvard over Brown was certainly not an upset.

That being said, I agree with all your pics.

I will be at the Yale-Cal Poly game. Please, no major injuries.

dystopiamembrane
September 29th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Rankings:
1. Harvard
2. Yale
3. Brown
4. Princeton
5. Pennsylvania
6. Dartmouth
7. Cornell
8. Columbia

Predictions:
Cornell 45-35 Colgate
Holy Cross 21-35 Harvard
Pennsylvania 27-24 Dartmouth
Princeton 35-14 Columbia
Cal Poly 29-14 Yale
Brown ​21-13 Rhode Island

Ivytalk
September 29th, 2013, 11:55 AM

This week's games:
Dartmouth at Penn
Columbia at Princeton

I will pick URI to upset Brown just because I'm old and cantankerous.

Cal Poly will have its hands full with Yale, but I think Poly wins a close one. If Yale pulls the upset, they might just run the table.

Skyhawk71
September 29th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Colgate @ Cornell
Harvard @ Holy Cross
Dartmouth @ Penn
Columbia @ Princeton
Yale @ Cal Poly
Rhode Island @ Brown

CFBfan
September 29th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Gate gets in the win column
Harvard over Cross
Penn spanks Drtmouth
Tigers rout the Lions
Cal beats the Eli
Brown wins over RI

Go Green
September 29th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Holy Cross is bipolar to me.

I think I can explain the divergent results.

http://www.goholycross.com/sports/m-footbl/2013-14/bios/pujals_pete

crusader11
September 29th, 2013, 09:54 PM
I think I can explain the divergent results.

http://www.goholycross.com/sports/m-footbl/2013-14/bios/pujals_pete

HC fans are hoping that things begin to turn around now that Pujals has been handed the keys to the car. He was the best player in Hanover last night, and will most likely be the Patriot League ROY when all is said and done. A good feeling to know that HC has their QB locked up for the next four years.

By the way, was also very impressed with Dartmouth's QB -- sophomore Dalyn Williams. Unfortunate when he fumbled the ball late in the 3rd quarter. Dartmouth was driving up 21-14, and then HC recovers the fumble and scores four plays later. Totally changed the game.

bonarae
October 5th, 2013, 10:10 PM
All final scores:

Colgate 41, Cornell 20 - what has gone wrong with Mathews? Why is he still on the Payton list? xsmhx
Harvard 41, Holy Cross 35 (3 OT's) - I'm quite surprised that it went into overtimes. HC is looking like a PL contender with its frosh QB.
Penn 27, Dartmouth 21 - Given this performance by the Quackers, I'd not be surprised if somebody else wins this year.
Princeton 53, Columbia 7 - Is Columbia the new Savannah State/Austin Peay/Idaho State of the Ivy League? xchinscratchx
Yale 24, Cal Poly 10 - Yale is for real indeed. But it was helped by Cal Poly's own miscues.
Brown 31, Rhody 14 - Brown can contend for the Ivy title this year.