PDA

View Full Version : Okay UN_

Pages : 1 [2]

aces1180
October 27th, 2013, 06:17 PM
UND's defense must have done something to allow 0 points through 3 quarters on a team putting up 34 ppg. Oh that's right you are a Bison fan, so you dismiss everything positive that could come out of UND. I am done with this thread, I said my piece, UND needs to fire Muss and to Aces I will laugh too when NDSU loses either in the regular season and/or the playoffs. Mods shut this Bison smackfest of a thread down. I can see why UND fans don't want to post on any thread regarding UND football.

Go go ahead a laugh...NDSU has won two-straight NCs...Sorry, but you can't ever take those feats away, regardless of what happens in 2013.

2-6

Save Muss!

BisonFan02
October 27th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Western Carolina has 2 wins now too! :D

Darlinikki150
October 27th, 2013, 06:39 PM
It is easy as a Bison fan to bash UND, we are winning and you aren't. But in the totality of the season UND fans have to see that even though there maybe glimpses of good defense or glimpses of offense it just doesn't matter. You have to have string together 4 quarters of effective playing on both sides of the ball to have success and you just aren't getting that with this team. When we were 3-8 I wasn't proud of small victories or moral wins; I wanted the Bison to play better. Thankfully we found the right head coach and other leadership to do so. I hope UND fans realize the difference before its to late.

semobison
October 27th, 2013, 06:40 PM
stay classy bison fans

I agree! Every fan base has its asshats!

frozennorth
October 27th, 2013, 06:41 PM
I agree! Every fan base has its asshats!
it would be nice if UND had more than a handful that weren't

SDFS
October 27th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Probably, If that's what you call it. Seeing as you are the arbiter of all that is appropriate on here. You should contribute a little more and judge a little less.

I guess it depends on your definition of contribution. It appears that you are in favor of contributions from Bison fans who did not watch the game and have no idea what happened in the game. Why discuss something with a group of people who didn't watch the game and are just arguing off a quick box score review if that... I find it kind of boring. I guess I just call it trolling - that is why I bowed out - as usual stay classy.

TennBison
October 28th, 2013, 07:52 AM
I guess it depends on your definition of contribution. It appears that you are in favor of contributions from Bison fans who did not watch the game and have no idea what happened in the game. Why discuss something with a group of people who didn't watch the game and are just arguing off a quick box score review if that... I find it kind of boring. I guess I just call it trolling - that is why I bowed out - as usual stay classy.
I actually saw quite a bit of the game, that is why I am calling UN_ a joke of a football team right now, and to think, most of their fan base thinks they deserve a home-home football game contract with NDSU.

aces1180
November 2nd, 2013, 09:45 PM
I thought UN_ played well enough tonight to save Muss's job for another year...

48-27 loss to a ranked NAU team on the road has got to be a moral victory...In fact, I would like to see UN_ give Muss another extension.

2-7

Save Muss.

BisonFan02
November 2nd, 2013, 11:09 PM
Tonight's UND game got me thinking (bored idle hands....beware). Over the past two seasons, UND has given up 45 or more points in a game SEVEN times...The Bison have allowed 45 or more points 23 times.....EVER, and only 3 times since 1960. Maybe they can bank on hiring the next Mudra? Not looking good for the boys up north.

1899 - @North Dakota, 0-46
1919 - @Detroit, 0-48
1921 - South Dakota State, 0-54
1932 - @Army, 0-52
1934 - @Minnesota, 12-52
1937 - @Minnesota, 7-69
1941 - @Northern Iowa, 6-51
1947 - @Iowa, 0-59
1949 - @Marquette, 0-66
1950 - South Dakota State, 0-60
1952 - @Idaho, 9-54
1954 - South Dakota State, 13-50
1954 - @Wichita, 0-59
1954 - @South Dakota, 20-52
1955 - South Dakota, 28-45
1955 - @Miss. Southern, 0-58
1957 - Concordia, 0-47
1958 - @Trinity, 6-80
1959 - @Marquette, 0-48
1998 - @Nebraska-Omaha, 28-49
2002 - @Nebraska-Omaha, 42-49
2009 - @Sam Houston State, 45-48

Darlinikki150
November 2nd, 2013, 11:53 PM
I watched the 1st quarter, brutal. I didn't see much fire on the D side of the ball. Just from comparison to NDSU, I see a lot of talking, hand signals and movement from NDSU. I didn't see any of that from UND. Is this a coaching style or somn? I'm not well schooled in how to run a defense but UND seems very flat. Had sum good tackles from the dline guys but if the ball gets past them, poor tackling and no gang tackling like I see from NDSU. Any insight from anyone else on this?

mgbison
November 3rd, 2013, 12:39 AM
UND looked slow and unathletic. I watched most of the game (I had und covering 18 points) and it was frustrating to watch. NAU could've scored 80.

Recently, we haven't lost many local recruiting battles to UND. It's funny that the one we did lose was to Mollberg (sp?). If he was looking for playing time early in his career, he got it, and probably played himself out of a starting spot. Plus, he gets to play 2nd string for a terrible team.

Positives, I thought Bartels showed some promise. He had a couple of int's, but he could move the offense. Also, Golladay is a stud.

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 3rd, 2013, 05:26 AM
UND looked slow and unathletic. I watched most of the game (I had und covering 18 points) and it was frustrating to watch. NAU could've scored 80.

Recently, we haven't lost many local recruiting battles to UND. It's funny that the one we did lose was to Mollberg (sp?). If he was looking for playing time early in his career, he got it, and probably played himself out of a starting spot. Plus, he gets to play 2nd string for a terrible team.

Positives, I thought Bartels showed some promise. He had a couple of int's, but he could move the offense. Also, Golladay is a stud.

In Mollberg's defense, the O-line is terrible. But Bartels did show he could move the ball with the same O-line. Basically UND needs to get better in the trenches and get some sort of running game. They must have passed the ball 70 times last night....no way are you going to win many games passing it that much. They are definitely in the right conference if all they want to do is sling the ball around the field.

IMO, and I'm just an arm-chair QB, they should go back to what made them successful in the late 90s and 2000s. Go back to their power running game and short methodical passing game. Their 3-4 defense is probably fine but recruit better players for that system.

Muss will get another year.

semobison
November 3rd, 2013, 08:40 AM
UND is -18 in TO margin this season! That's been their biggest problem!

aces1180
November 12th, 2013, 02:39 PM
Well, it's _ND's last game of the season this weekend, as they visit UC-Davis. I'm surprised certain _ND "fans" haven't been talking about this matchup. Even after the upset of UNC in GF last weekend, in front of a 45% filled Alerus Center (announced), but only 20% butts in the seats (confirmed).

I guess they've given up. Well, not me!

For a team that one particular poster predicted would be in the top-3 in the Big Sky, the current 3-7 record doesn't lend much hope for the future. However, I feel that if the NoNamers can pull off a win in California this week, Coach Muss should get the gatorade bath he deserves, along with the chance to coach next year. Hell, a 4-7 record is better than NDSU's 2nd-year of eligibility, and as we all know, that has been a certain poster's talking point previously. I mean, just look what NDSU did the next three seasons after posting the 3-8 mark: Loss in quarterfinals, national championship and national championship. If NDSU can pull that off, why can't _ND and Coach Muss?

So here's hoping for a stunning 24-17 win for the Green and White this weekend to finish 4-7 and assure us all that Muss returns with some unfinished business next season!

taper
November 12th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Well, it's _ND's last game of the season this weekend, as they visit UC-Davis. I'm surprised certain _ND "fans" haven't been talking about this matchup. Even after the upset of UNC in GF last weekend, in front of a 45% filled Alerus Center (announced), but only 20% butts in the seats (confirmed).

For a team that one particular poster predicted would be in the top-3 in the Big Sky, the current 3-7 record doesn't lend much hope for the future. However, I feel that if the NoNamers can pull off a win in California this week, Coach Muss should get the gatorade bath he deserves, along with the chance to coach next year. Hell, a 4-7 record is better than NDSU's 2nd-year of eligibility, and as we all know, that has been a certain poster's talking point previously. I mean, just look what NDSU did the next three seasons after posting the 3-8 mark: Loss in quarterfinals, national championship and national championship. If NDSU can pull that off, why can't _ND and Coach Muss?

So here's hoping for a stunning 24-17 win for the Green and White and Pink this weekend to finish 4-7 and assure us all that Muss returns with some unfinished business next season!

UN_ has had more yards in penalties than rushing in 5 games this year. Can they make it 6 of 11?

Bison Fan in NW MN
November 12th, 2013, 05:47 PM

So here's hoping for a stunning 24-17 win for the Green and White this weekend to finish 4-7 and assure us all that Muss returns with some unfinished business next season!

Maybe Hak could donate 1/2 his salary to help buyout Muss since the hockey team is also going no where this season....xlolx

aces1180
November 16th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Well, UN_ finished 3-8 in the second year of NCAA FCS eligibility.

I fully expect them to qualify for the playoffs next year and make the quarterfinals. Then in 2015-2017, they will go on a run of national championships.

NDSU did it, so UN_ has to do it too, right?

Save Muss!