PDA

View Full Version : UNI @ NDSU: The Battle for the Valley

Pages : 1 2 [3]

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Did you ever consider that maybe UNI had something to do with you playing sloppy?

UNI didn't replace 2 veteran offensive linemen with unseasoned freshmen/sophomores, so no.

penguinpower
October 5th, 2013, 07:27 PM
These two will meet in the playoffs and UNI has a shot.

thebootfitter
October 5th, 2013, 07:28 PM
The ecb selection committee will likely have UNI and NDSU play in the second round
They won't meet until Frisco if they're seeded 1 & 2.

Houndawg
October 5th, 2013, 07:30 PM
UNI didn't replace 2 veteran offensive linemen with unseasoned freshmen/sophomores, so no.

Yeah if it isn't a three score win you played sloppy or got jobbed by the refs.

BisonBacker
October 5th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Did you ever consider that maybe UNI had something to do with you playing sloppy?

UNI has a hell of a team. Yes they did have something to do with it but the opening kickoff our returned carrying the ball with the wrong hand and not taking care of the ball is on him. Bottom line is NDSU didn't play a sharp game and with 2 turnovers and a missed pick 6 by our D they (UNI) still came up short. Like many have said all along if NDSU doesn't beat themselves there isn't anyone in this division this year that will. I hope that Farley is OK. As far as their coach Farley he apparently had words again with Bohl but I don't know what his beef would have been. It was a hard fought game but for these two teams it was a clean game.

MplsBison
October 5th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Congrats Bison...and congrats UNI. You just lost the national championship warm-up game by one point, in Fargo.

Thoughts (forgive me in advance for not reading the first 500 posts in this thread):

- David Johnson, best offensive player in the game...when he was able to play. What the heck happened to this guy??? Did someone shoot him with a traquilizer? I can understand that you get a cramp...but that SHOULD NOT happen if you properly hydrate yourself. Just selfish to not be hydrated. Unless he was sick or has a disease or something to that effect, then I count it as not trying hard enough. Which is too bad for UNI. Seems like at one point in the game they could've given him the ball for a first down every time.

-Jack Plankers, freshman OL who played RG for NDSU was badly overmatched and not yet ready to play at the most elite level of play in this sub-division. Don't fret young man, you're going to be a great one for NDSU one day. Be thankful for this opportunity and use it to motivate yourself to the next level in your game. Which brings me to...

- Tyler Gimmestad, so what the heck was his deal?? He didn't play at first and I thought he was out for the game? But he comes in and to my eyes played his butt off! He was knocking UNI linemen off their feet! If he could've played the whole game like that, it was a foolish mistake not to do that. I'm all for developing depth and giving a rising young star in the making like Plankers a shot at the big time, but they should've pulled him earlier then and not waited until his injury.

- At points in today's game UNI's Vereen and Kollmorgen made Marcus Williams look like a mere mortal, which I hadn't seen to that effect before. Is that the same Vereen as the Gophers have?

- Injury to Farley's boy looked very painful. Tough loss for dad and tough to lose your kid like that at the same time.

- Guaranteed there is no playoff eligible team in the Big Sky, Southland, SoCon, OVC, CAA or Patriot League that could beat UNI. That means NDSU is the undisputed #1 seed in the country and UNI, with it's only loss on the road at NDSU, by one point, is the undisputed #2 seed in the country.

End

Southern Bison
October 5th, 2013, 07:42 PM
If we win either of the next two it might be an upset, but it won't be a very big upset.

Let's see...NDSU unanimous #1 across the 3 FCS polls, UNI will likely stay top 5. SIU is #36 in the AGS poll, receive no points in the Media or Coaches' polls. You may make the press release in the ORV sections this week, but it'll still be a big upset for the Salukis if they win either of the games.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Yeah if it isn't a three score win you played sloppy or got jobbed by the refs.

and if it's a Bison thread you are guaranteed to be yipping about everything but your team.

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 07:45 PM
DJ wasn't cramping....don't know what it was, but it wasn't a cramp....

Self by you to assume that.

Also...here is a perfect photo of the pass interefence call. Damn our DB for trying to pick the ****ing pass off. Clearly PI....xnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2 xxeekxxoopsxxbadxxthumbsdownxxbangxxflamemadxxpiss edxxpissedxxpissedxxpissedx

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/77/277a93ac-ae01-5eea-83b3-da80f82843f3/5250b0b7542dd.preview-620.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM

Also...here is a perfect photo of the pass interefence call. Damn our DB for trying to pick the ****ing pass off. Clearly PI....xnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2xxnonono2 xxeekxxoopsxxbadxxthumbsdownxxbangxxflamemadxxpiss edxxpissedxxpissedxxpissedx

I think it was less that and more that he fell into/ran through him while the ball was still up.

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 07:49 PM
UNI has a hell of a team. Yes they did have something to do with it but the opening kickoff our returned carrying the ball with the wrong hand and not taking care of the ball is on him. Bottom line is NDSU didn't play a sharp game and with 2 turnovers and a missed pick 6 by our D they (UNI) still came up short. Like many have said all along if NDSU doesn't beat themselves there isn't anyone in this division this year that will. I hope that Farley is OK. As far as their coach Farley he apparently had words again with Bohl but I don't know what his beef would have been. It was a hard fought game but for these two teams it was a clean game.
So...you really believe that UNI had little/nothing to do with the fact NDSU looked like **** at times? Really? Seriously?

NDSU should consider themselves lucky that Sawyer played the worst game, BY FAR, of his life....and apparently it had nothing to do with the NDSU defense, since we are playing that game tonight.

UNI had nothing to do with forcing those fumbles? NDSU should consider themselves lucky the recovered the other 2 that UNI forced.
UNI had nothing to do with Marcus Williams looking like a true freshman that shouldn't be on the field?
UNI better consider themselves lucky that NDSU took it easy and didn't drop 50 on them....

That game could have been 21-0 at half if Sawyer had a better game. Could have been even higher had we turned the other fumble into a TD instead of a FG....UNI, for as good as we looked, played pretty freaking bad, honestly, at times. It wasn't, and he didn't. NDSU deserves a ton of credit for that....I'm not sure I really want to give it to them though....

You do realize how silly your entire post sounds, right?

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I think it was less that and more that he fell into/ran through him while the ball was still up.
Tell me how he ran through him? He had inside position the entire play, the ball was greatly under thrown, and had the WR not gone through Dorleant's back to break it up that pass it picked.

Hell, looks like he is grabbing MD's helmet in the pic.

Vitojr130
October 5th, 2013, 07:56 PM

http://bloximages.chicago2.vip.townnews.com/wcfcourier.com/content/tncms/assets/v3/editorial/2/77/277a93ac-ae01-5eea-83b3-da80f82843f3/5250b0b7542dd.preview-620.jpg

To be fair clenz, the refs weren't only horseco*k to UNI. That punt we had DEFINITELY went out at the 1 yard line (I was sitting right there in the student section...) and they called a touchback... Those refs were just God-awful all around and need to be reevaluated.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Tell me how he ran through him? He had inside position the entire play, the ball was greatly under thrown, and had the WR not gone through Dorleant's back to break it up that pass it picked.

Hell, looks like he is grabbing MD's helmet in the pic.

are you looking at a still photograph or the video? I just watched it back frame by frame and it shows clearly that the first contact was Dorleant pulling Vraa's hands down and running through him on the 1 yd line when the ball was still 20 feet in the air.

That's pass interference

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 07:58 PM
To be fair clenz, the refs weren't only horseco*k to UNI. That punt we had DEFINITELY went out at the 1 yard line (I was sitting right there in the student section...) and they called a touchback... Those refs were just God-awful all around and need to be reevaluated.
I honestly couldn't tell on that.

The replay on TV cut the pylon out of the picture and it wasn't able to be seen.

It really is sad how bad the refs in the MVFC really ****ing are. Every game they are ****ing something up and really ruining some good ****ing games.

NDSU did what they needed to to get the W. Kudos to them. They deserved it by the end of the game.

MplsBison
October 5th, 2013, 08:00 PM

Meh. You should be thankful that NDSU gave you guys the ball back with over two minutes left.

A no call means NDSU marches into the endzone (probably via Jensen scoring one of his QB runs) with less than 30 seconds left on the clock.

DJ looked flat out of gas. He looked like an MMA fighter does at the end of round three when they've been wrestling the entire time: body just doesn't want to move.

And at one point the TV broadcast showed a trainer working his calf on the table. Therefore I assumed cramps. I'll gladly accept the real story.

BisonBohl
October 5th, 2013, 08:01 PM

Still picture doesnt really tell a good story for this play. I personally dont think it was a PI but it was called, there was contact but I thought your DB played the ball. Tough break for sure...

Impressed with UNI, handled the noise very well and for a good portion of the game were the better team.

MplsBison
October 5th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I honestly couldn't tell on that.

The replay on TV cut the pylon out of the picture and it wasn't able to be seen.

It really is sad how bad the refs in the MVFC really ****ing are. Every game they are ****ing something up and really ruining some good ****ing games.

NDSU did what they needed to to get the W. Kudos to them. They deserved it by the end of the game.

NDSU pays for Big Ten reffing crews to come to Fargo for non-conference games. I think that's correct.

It's too bad MVFC wouldn't let us pay our on own for better refs.

BisonBacker
October 5th, 2013, 08:02 PM
So...you really believe that UNI had little/nothing to do with the fact NDSU looked like **** at times? Really? Seriously?

NDSU should consider themselves lucky that Sawyer played the worst game, BY FAR, of his life....and apparently it had nothing to do with the NDSU defense, since we are playing that game tonight.

UNI had nothing to do with forcing those fumbles? NDSU should consider themselves lucky the recovered the other 2 that UNI forced.
UNI had nothing to do with Marcus Williams looking like a true freshman that shouldn't be on the field?
UNI better consider themselves lucky that NDSU took it easy and didn't drop 50 on them....

That game could have been 21-0 at half if Sawyer had a better game. Could have been even higher had we turned the other fumble into a TD instead of a FG....UNI, for as good as we looked, played pretty freaking bad, honestly, at times. It wasn't, and he didn't. NDSU deserves a ton of credit for that....I'm not sure I really want to give it to them though....

You do realize how silly your entire post sounds, right?

Dude take a chill pill, I started out the comment by giving your team kudos. I said they are a good team. Bottom line NDSU literally gifted you that game and you still ended up in the L column.

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 08:02 PM
It wasn't cramps....the way he was moving...it wasn't cramps.

However, you live in your own world were reality doesn't exist, so...it was cramps and DJ did it on purpose to **** the team over because he only cares about himself....apparently

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Dude take a chill pill, I started out the comment by giving your team kudos. I said they are a good team. Bottom line NDSU literally gifted you that game and you still ended up in the L column.
By gifted you mean UNI forced those right? No...NDSU literally set the ball on the ground and said "Here's your ****ing gifts!!!!"?

I'd say you should be lucky that UNI missed a FG, or the game ends in a 2 pt UNI win...or that Sawyer played like he did...

Darlinikki150
October 5th, 2013, 08:04 PM
The refs were awful on both sides of the ball. Bad calls for both teams.

Marcus looked outmatched and slow. Lucky they didn't hit him harder.

Brock looked tentative in the first half, missing open guys down the field, throwing his awful passes 10yrds or less

uNI defense, excellent. Just seemed tired at the end, we were starting to ground and pound on them finally.

NDSU offense, sluggish and not clicking. Partly defense, partly we don't play well against good defensive teams in the first half. We are a second half team and its disturbing sometimes.

Overall great game, not much chippiness. Glad to get outta there w a win.

Bisonator
October 5th, 2013, 08:05 PM
It always sucks when a game appears to come down to one blown call by the refs but that's hardly ever the case. There were a bunch of plays that both teams could have, should have made, that would have blown the game wide open. That's football!

Sounds like both teams are pretty banged up. Hopefully guys on both sides heal quickly and we meet again in Frisco!

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 08:06 PM
Agreed on the refs...the entire game I was going

"CALL THE DAMN HOLD" or "HOLY ****, HOW DID WE GET AWAY WITH THAT HOLD?"

Terrible crew today, really

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Could tell it was a NDSU broadcast though...

No replay of the PI or the hands to the face penalties...but replays of everything else...xlolx

I honestly have no idea on the hands to the face. Didn't see it (wasn't watching that part of the screen) live, and no replay was ever given. I assume it was the right call though

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Still picture doesnt really tell a good story for this play. I personally dont think it was a PI but it was called, there was contact but I thought your DB played the ball. Tough break for sure...

Impressed with UNI, handled the noise very well and for a good portion of the game were the better team.

See my explanation above. It was pass interference a second or two before that picture is taken.

PantherRob82
October 5th, 2013, 08:14 PM

Of course not. They don't normally make mistakes, but just happened to today. :)

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 08:15 PM
Of course not. They don't normally make mistakes, but just happened to today. :)
Sounds exactly like what we hear from Iowa State, and in basketball from Creighton, Wichita State, Illinois State, Southern Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Bradley, Kansas, UNLV, etc...

robsnotes4u
October 5th, 2013, 08:18 PM

Don't forget the terrible offensive pass interference call that should have been defensive pass interference in the end zone on the last scoring drive. I about had a heart attack when I heard Bison faithful even saying it at the fargodome after the game.

Great game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

IBleedYellow
October 5th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Clenz is being a sore loser right now, which I wouldn't expect. You lost a game that literally came down to one possession. Be happy and go back to winning.

Moto X

BisonBacker
October 5th, 2013, 08:20 PM
By gifted you mean UNI forced those right? No...NDSU literally set the ball on the ground and said "Here's your ****ing gifts!!!!"?

I'd say you should be lucky that UNI missed a FG, or the game ends in a 2 pt UNI win...or that Sawyer played like he did...

I'd follow that up by saying with the turnovers and points you guys got off them you should have won the game but you didn't. You can say what you want but you can't deny that fact.

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Clenz is being a sore loser right now, which I wouldn't expect. You lost a game that literally came down to one possession. Be happy and go back to winning.

Moto XUm...I'm not really.

I've said, multiple times actually, that NDSU did everything they needed too and deserved to win based on that.

My issue is the fact that apparently UNI had nothing to do with NDSU's struggles today, and we should be thankful that NDSU gave us the gifts that they did to let the team stay in the game

robsnotes4u
October 5th, 2013, 08:21 PM

No replay of the PI or the hands to the face penalties...but replays of everything else...xlolx

I honestly have no idea on the hands to the face. Didn't see it (wasn't watching that part of the screen) live, and no replay was ever given. I assume it was the right call though

The play was directly in front of me, but I was watching the pass so I couldn't say if it happened or not. Nobody around said much about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2013, 08:21 PM

Too bad, you could have seen they were both good Williams gets his hand under the facemask of Hinz and extends his arm behind the play. happened right in front of the Umpire who threw the flag. The PI happened before the end zone.

I'm really glad I DVR'd this thing.

BisonBacker
October 5th, 2013, 08:22 PM

Moto X

They came out of this game really banged up. They are not out of the valley chipper yet. With the defense they have though they will or should be in every game.

Southern Bison
October 5th, 2013, 08:24 PM
Dear God you two (Clenz & PantherRob)...UNI played one hell of a game that disrupted the Bison offense and confused the Bison D. Each team had their chances in a game that played out to be factual of the hype it received leading up to it. #3 @ #1 is supposed to be that knockdown, drag-out fight that lasts for 60 minutes where each team throws a wrench in the other's gameplan. This game succeeded in delivering and IMO, I am concerned (as a Bison alum) to face UNI in the playoffs come December.

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 08:25 PM
FWIW, mpls...

coaches said after the game DJ has a hip flexor issue. That would have been my guess as well with what was seen on TV with the way the trainers were rotating his leg/hip

bisonboone11
October 5th, 2013, 08:28 PM

Did I miss something? I don't remember UNI missing a FG?

PantherRob82
October 5th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Dear God you two (Clenz & PantherRob)...UNI played one hell of a game that disrupted the Bison offense and confused the Bison D. Each team had their chances in a game that played out to be factual of the hype it received leading up to it. #3 @ #1 is supposed to be that knockdown, drag-out fight that lasts for 60 minutes where each team throws a wrench in the other's gameplan. This game succeeded in delivering and IMO, I am concerned (as a Bison alum) to face UNI in the playoffs come December.

What? I just agreed with what you guys were saying. :)

BisonBacker
October 5th, 2013, 08:33 PM
Did I miss something? I don't remember UNI missing a FG?

He's just pissed off they lost and pulling crapola outta his ass.

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 08:34 PM
I was thinking of the FG last week off of a fumble...my mistake.

I see BisonBacker is good at winning with grace....****ing shocker, that is

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 5th, 2013, 08:36 PM
Interesting stats on a 1 point game:

First downs: Bison 22-11
Rushing: Bison 260-168
Passing: UNI 128-99
TOP: Bison 37:25 minutes

I hope we play UNI again. Cut out the penalties and turnovers.

IBleedYellow
October 5th, 2013, 08:45 PM

Sounds just like the SDSU games last year.

Moto X

Bisonator
October 5th, 2013, 08:47 PM

We have to get this corrected. 2 games in a row now where we have uncharacteristic penalties and turnovers. You can't continue to do that and expect to win especially when the playoffs get here. Another thing is dropped passes and int's. Don't know how many passes we dropped and those int's that bounced off Smith and Dudzick could have been critical! Lots to work on....

MplsBison
October 5th, 2013, 08:48 PM
FWIW, mpls...

coaches said after the game DJ has a hip flexor issue. That would have been my guess as well with what was seen on TV with the way the trainers were rotating his leg/hip

Ah.

Thanks for that. That would explain it then. Which was too bad for UNI, but truly a blessing for NDSU. It was funny to listen to lay comments from people I was watching the game with to the effect of "Oh no, it's number 7 again!!".

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 5th, 2013, 08:50 PM

Clenz, I haven't read all of this and I'm not going to.

UNI has a very good FB this year. They came in and gave the Bison all they could handle. By the looks of it, UNI is easily going to beat SDSU and all the other teams unless they slip-up like the Bison usually do. 10-1 with a 2 or 3 seed.

DJ made a great play on his long TD run....he looked like he was stopped behind the line then stiff arms a guy and was gone. Man, with his size he has NFL written all over him.

Great game to be at.

Southern Bison
October 5th, 2013, 08:50 PM
We have to get this corrected. 2 games in a row now where we have uncharacteristic penalties and turnovers. You can't continue to do that and expect to win especially when the playoffs get here. Another thing is dropped passes and int's. Don't know how many passes we dropped and those int's that bounced off Smith and Dudzick could have been critical! Lots to work on....

I'd lay that more at the feet of Jensen...he just seemed off for a good portion of the game. May have been the pressure of UNI or their pass coverage scheme, it was tough to tell on the iPad.

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 08:52 PM
I'd lay that more at the feet of Jensen...he just seemed off for a good portion of the game. May have been the pressure of UNI or their pass coverage scheme, it was tough to tell on the iPad.

both he and Sawyer made some/many real poor throws

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Bisonator
October 5th, 2013, 08:53 PM

Oh yeah Jensen definitely missed on some wide open receivers too, but there were plenty of dropped passes that should have been caught too. Not every pass is gonna be perfect, good receivers have to catch it if they can get their hands on it.

BisonBacker
October 5th, 2013, 08:57 PM

Get over yourself already, talk about doing anything with grace you should talk.

Hammersmith
October 5th, 2013, 09:04 PM
- Tyler Gimmestad, so what the heck was his deal?? He didn't play at first and I thought he was out for the game? But he comes in and to my eyes played his butt off! He was knocking UNI linemen off their feet! If he could've played the whole game like that, it was a foolish mistake not to do that. I'm all for developing depth and giving a rising young star in the making like Plankers a shot at the big time, but they should've pulled him earlier then and not waited until his injury.

Gimmestad was playing on a bad knee. He's got some meniscus damage. It's amazing he was able to play as well as he did on basically one leg. Pure desperation to put him in after Plankers went down.

BisonBacker
October 5th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Gimmestad was playing on a bad knee. He's got some meniscus damage. It's amazing he was able to play as well as he did on basically one leg. Pure desperation to put him in after Plankers went down.
What was the injury on plankers did you hear?

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 5th, 2013, 09:09 PM
What was the injury on plankers did you hear?

looked like an ankle sprain as he walked off the field.

DJKyR0
October 5th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Really have to credit UNI - you guys have a team that is light years beyond what you fielded last season. What a fun game to watch. Really enjoyed meeting some Panther fans at tailgate, too.

that said, three in a row! :D

BisonBacker
October 5th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Really have to credit UNI - you guys have a team that is light years beyond what you fielded last season. What a fun game to watch. Really enjoyed meeting some Panther fans at tailgate, too.

Lots of work to do before even thinking about that.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2013, 09:14 PM

Forgot about that. one more 3 in a row to go.

344Johnson
October 5th, 2013, 09:19 PM
NDSU gave this game to UNI with the fumbles and the big plays. UNI gave it back and has to be feeling sick to their stomachs that they let go of a 13 point lead.

BisonFan02
October 5th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Lots of work to do before even thinking about that.

He was talking about 3 wins in a row against UNI....

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Whew! What a game! A few thoughts from me on what happened today at the Fargodome:

1) David Johnson is a manchild. The only back I've seen with his elusiveness against the Bison defense over the last couple years was Flanders from SHSU and Johnson is so much better out of the backfield and lining up wide he's the best complete RB I've seen in a long time.

2) Marcus Williams played the worst game I can ever recall him playing.

3) I'm encouraged by the fact that NDSU played far from their best and still managed to win a game against a tremendous team.

4) UNI is moving up to #2 in my poll after this week. As long as they keep this up they'll get another chance at the Bison in December/January.

5) Hate seeing the injury to Farley's kid. Not a big fan of his dad's but the kid plays with a ton of heart and you could tell he was in a lot pain. Wishing him the speediest of recoveries.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 5th, 2013, 09:30 PM
Whew! What a game! A few thoughts from me on what happened today at the Fargodome:

1) David Johnson is a manchild. The only back I've seen with his elusiveness against the Bison defense over the last couple years was Flanders from SHSU and Johnson is so much better out of the backfield and lining up wide he's the best complete RB I've seen in a long time.

2) Marcus Williams played the worst game I can ever recall him playing.

3) I'm encouraged by the fact that NDSU played far from their best and still managed to win a game against a tremendous team.

4) UNI is moving up to #2 in my poll after this week. As long as they keep this up they'll get another chance at the Bison in December/January.

5) Hate seeing the injury to Farley's kid. Not a big fan of his dad's but the kid plays with a ton of heart and you could tell he was in a lot pain. Wishing him the speediest of recoveries.

Marcus didn't play the best but give Kollmorgen his due, he put the ball where it needed to be...over Marcus. Nothing was thrown under. Plus his receivers made some great catches. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the QB/WR.

Bisonator
October 5th, 2013, 09:34 PM
Marcus didn't play the best but give Kollmorgen his due, he put the ball where it needed to be...over Marcus. Nothing was thrown under. Plus his receivers made some great catches. Sometimes you have to tip your hat to the QB/WR.

I agree. The only glaring mistake I saw MWill make was the TD pass but the ball was thrown where the receiver had to adjust to catch it.

Professor Chaos
October 5th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Three plays stood out for me. First was obviously his game opening fumble. Second was the fade route TD he gave up. I was sure he saw the ball in the air but didn't even go up to contest, he usually eats up those jump balls. Third was the 4th quarter prayer that Kollmorgen threw up while getting hit on 3rd down (I think it was 3rd down but not positive). Looked like Marcus quit on the ball and let the UNI receiver catch it without a contest.

Hopefully he bounces back because he's way too talented to get consistently burnt like he did today.

clenz
October 5th, 2013, 09:41 PM
That last one could have been much worse than it was. Had Vereen kept that right foot in bounds he may have been fine with the way Marcus quit.

Wish we had our top wr today...

TILIS-BisonFan
October 5th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Im a Bison fan but UNI is a great team. Their defense is very good and their secondary is very young and talented. My opinion of UNI is that they will be contenders/favorites the next 2-3 years. Their QB is one tough SOB. He got mauled on almost every throw.

NDSU did not play their best game but as I have seen for the last four years they just wear teams down. They have done it repeatedly to every team they have faced. The pass interference call was a terrible call. I immediately thought it was on NDSU for offensive interference. The flag shouldve been picked up. However who knows if NDSU would still have scored. The hands to the face was a good call. The loss of Farley really hurt them on the final scoring drive.

Also the punt that was ruled a touchback was clearly down at the one as well. I think it was the same official. Missouri Valley officials are not the best.

Where NDSU hurt Northern Iowa was on the line. They were able to hit the QB on every throw rushing four lineman. NDSU has what is arguably the best defense in FCS history and if you can drop 7 and get pressure that is very hard to overcome.

I have a lot of respect for the UNI team. They are still number 2 IMO. I would much rather face any other team in the playoffs than having to play them again.

marenlee
October 5th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Yes. The officials were pretty bad. But they're still not quite Big Sky bad yet...

semobison
October 5th, 2013, 09:53 PM

Almost half of our total offense was in the 4th quarter. We wore them down very much the same as we did to K State and SDSU. We scored the last 17 points against K State, 13 in the 4th quarter against SDSU and the last 14 today in the 4th. Give UNI some credit. they pretty much outplayed us for the first 3 quarters. The TD pass on 4th and 6 was the play of the game IMO. Also give the defense credit for holding UNI to field goals after the 2 KO return fumbles... UNI is a good team, physically we just wore them down. With the mistakes we made, Ill take the 1 point win!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 5th, 2013, 10:30 PM
PI still not a bad call. Hope someone gets to see the game on replay

344Johnson
October 5th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Very happy with the pass rush. When Kollmorgen completed his first pass while getting lit up, I was ok with it cause I figured it'd give him the confidence to try it again...which he did....and I figured it'd go to one of our guys...which it did....and then Dudzik dropped it! Kudos to Kollmorgen for taking his beatings and getting up time and time again.

UNI burn on Marcus the first time I was ok with...one handed catch. The other plays frustrated me a lot more. It'd be nice to see him zoning more...I think thats where he is at his best.

Bisonwinagn
October 5th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Almost half of our total offense was in the 4th quarter. We wore them down very much the same as we did to K State and SDSU. We scored the last 17 points against K State, 13 in the 4th quarter against SDSU and the last 14 today in the 4th. Give UNI some credit. they pretty much outplayed us for the first 3 quarters. The TD pass on 4th and 6 was the play of the game IMO. Also give the defense credit for holding UNI to field goals after the 2 KO return fumbles... UNI is a good team, physically we just wore them down. With the mistakes we made, Ill take the 1 point win!

We wore them out but Farley getting hurt was also a big factor in the last TD run up the middle.

dewey
October 5th, 2013, 11:26 PM
I sure hope Farley will be OK. The wifey recorded the game and I saw the replay when I got home. You never want to see anyone get hurt. It had to be tough on HC Farley because of it being his son.

Hats off to UNI for playing a great game and I hope their fans that came up had safe travels.

NDSU just has that 'it' factor right now to win these types of games. Brock looks off for a decent part of the game but when the game is on the line the guy flat out gets it done.

What a game!

Go Bison!

Dewey

marenlee
October 5th, 2013, 11:26 PM
Doesn't matter. The game did not hinge on that call and it is being way overblown. I thought it was bad call myself. Either way. Bison were lights out and they score either way.

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2013, 07:07 AM
IBY's thoughts:

Damn UNI is a good team, nothing more you can say about that. They played the exact gameplan they needed to play in order to give themselves a chance to win. That said, NDSU did exactly what they do best again: Destroy teams in the 4th quarter. NDSU was running downhill from about 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter all the way to the end of the 4th. The way NDSU plays with time of possession so heavily favoring the Green and Yellow ends up doing what you just saw. If NDSU can keep games within a score throughout the entire game, the other team better hope that they have great coniditioning so that they can stop the rolling downhill runners that will be coming at them hard in the end of games.

Stats (Thanks Bison Fan of NW):

Thoughts on the stats: If the Bison don't gift UNI 6 points, which could have easily been 14 points if we don't have the defense that we do, this game has a totally different feel from the start. Turnovers are huge, making mental errors almost cost NDSU the game and one could argue ended up costing UNI the game in the end with two big penalties coming against them on NDSU's game winning drive. If you take those two turnovers out: NDSU fans wouldn't be thrilled, but would be happy with the fact knowing we out-did UNI these large statistical areas. Many of those stats came in the 3rd and 4th quarters, also.

UNI skillset: I'd watched UNI play this year so DJ didn't suprise me as much as he did other people, but I think that UNI's defense shocked more people one would expect. Sucks to see a great player like Farley go down and out the way he did, I was proud to be a Bison when I saw and heard the TWO standing ovasions the crowed gave to him when he was getting carted off, much respect for a really good player.

Tale of the defense: WOW between UNI's stellar defense and NDSU's stellar defense I don't even know what to say. UNI was getting gassed towards the end of the game just because you can't expect a D to play for 37-40 minutes and not start to show some fatigue. These really were the top 2 defenses in the country. Plus: That damn 3-4 defense gives us fits.

Final Take: I want to play UNI again, Fargodome or Frisco, I don't care, hopefully the injuries both teams forced upon each other don't get them too nicked up to finish strong. I really like the Bison playing UNI again if it comes down to it, take away our mental mistakes and T/O and we walk out of this game going "Damn hard game, but managable." If you don't think the Valley isn't the top conference, just look at the brand of physical and tough football that the two top teams in the country displayed yesterday, can you match up to that physical play? Because if you want to be champs, you're going to have to go through one of these two physical teams.

stevdock
October 6th, 2013, 07:19 AM

I haven't seen the replay of this call, but live and right in front of me I thought it was a very weak call.

clenz
October 6th, 2013, 07:31 AM
I have a copy of the play...Not great quality as I only got the game in sd, and recorded the play with my phone...I'll see of the wrist it's good enough to post

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Seriously? You are entrenched in ONE PLAY. A football game that was not won or lost on ONE play. One drive, yes, but not one play. Give it a rest Clenz, the refs in the Vallye are bad, I'm glad you can find video evidence to prove to the world that you should have won the game because of the refs. You sound just like Chattown right now. The refs cost you the gameee!!!! The refs coosttttttttttt you the gameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!! xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawl ingxxbawlingxxbawlingx

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Hell, you sound worse than my Bison brothers who still talk about the EWU loss where the ground caused the fumble. We lost then and you lost now.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2013, 08:16 AM
IBY's thoughts:

Damn UNI is a good team, nothing more you can say about that. They played the exact gameplan they needed to play in order to give themselves a chance to win. That said, NDSU did exactly what they do best again: Destroy teams in the 4th quarter. NDSU was running downhill from about 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter all the way to the end of the 4th. The way NDSU plays with time of possession so heavily favoring the Green and Yellow ends up doing what you just saw. If NDSU can keep games within a score throughout the entire game, the other team better hope that they have great coniditioning so that they can stop the rolling downhill runners that will be coming at them hard in the end of games.

Stats (Thanks Bison Fan of NW):

Thoughts on the stats: If the Bison don't gift UNI 6 points, which could have easily been 14 points if we don't have the defense that we do, this game has a totally different feel from the start. Turnovers are huge, making mental errors almost cost NDSU the game and one could argue ended up costing UNI the game in the end with two big penalties coming against them on NDSU's game winning drive. If you take those two turnovers out: NDSU fans wouldn't be thrilled, but would be happy with the fact knowing we out-did UNI these large statistical areas. Many of those stats came in the 3rd and 4th quarters, also.

UNI skillset: I'd watched UNI play this year so DJ didn't suprise me as much as he did other people, but I think that UNI's defense shocked more people one would expect. Sucks to see a great player like Farley go down and out the way he did, I was proud to be a Bison when I saw and heard the TWO standing ovasions the crowed gave to him when he was getting carted off, much respect for a really good player.

Tale of the defense: WOW between UNI's stellar defense and NDSU's stellar defense I don't even know what to say. UNI was getting gassed towards the end of the game just because you can't expect a D to play for 37-40 minutes and not start to show some fatigue. These really were the top 2 defenses in the country. Plus: That damn 3-4 defense gives us fits.

Final Take: I want to play UNI again, Fargodome or Frisco, I don't care, hopefully the injuries both teams forced upon each other don't get them too nicked up to finish strong. I really like the Bison playing UNI again if it comes down to it, take away our mental mistakes and T/O and we walk out of this game going "Damn hard game, but managable." If you don't think the Valley isn't the top conference, just look at the brand of physical and tough football that the two top teams in the country displayed yesterday, can you match up to that physical play? Because if you want to be champs, you're going to have to go through one of these two physical teams.

Good post IBY!!

Not a lot to add but our O-line did a great job with 2 starters out.

tjamz
October 6th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Normal position?

I believe that even in 2011 UNI shared the conference title with NDSU....NDSU won the title so theres that, but

How is that a pronuciation slur?

The letter S makes an S sound. Do you think the zun keeps the world warm during the summer. Are you someone's zon?

Reazon, seazon, treazon, poizon...the list goez on.

Add Andre Rison to the list. Only off by one letter and pronounced exactly the same way we pronounce it at NDSU.

tjamz
October 6th, 2013, 09:06 AM

For sure they played a part in it. The false starts by ndsu at home are uncharacteristic however as was the 85 yard run by DJ. Your qb passes to the receiver along the sidelines against Williams were spot on perfect. Nobody at any level could defend against them. Hats off to some perfect plays there. Colville and Gimmestad out on the oline hurt us early as well as we could not pick up the blitz even when they were showing blitz pre-snap.

I'm happy to come away with a win in this one and have nothing but respect for the team that UNI put on the field today.... that said I hope you lose every game from here on out cuz I don't want to play you guys again this year. ;-)

bisonboone11
October 6th, 2013, 09:08 AM

I recorded the replay of the game and re-watched this play this morning. While I was watching the game, I initially thought it was going to be an offensive pass interference if anything. I thought it was a horrible call in favor of the Bison, and this picture is exactly what I was thinking happened. However, after watching it, it seems obvious to me that the ref was already in the process of throwing the flag at the time this picture was taken. The flag appeared to be thrown due to the contact at the 1/goal line, where Vraa slowed up and the UNI defender appeared to make contact while turning his head around. I still think it should have been a no call, but it seems a little more understandable on why it was called after re-watching it.

However, I don't think this play decided the game. It was 2nd and 4 at the time (a no call would've made it 3rd and 4), and the UNI defense seemed worn down. I don't think UNI would've stopped NDSU anyways. However, I can understand how UNI fans would be upset, as I probably would be if the tables were turned. I'm not sure if the replay would make me feel any better if I was in that position.

Either way, UNI is a very good team. NDSU did play very sloppy compared to what we are typically used to seeing. I believe part of that is due to NDSU having 2 backup offensive linemen starting, but a big part of it was UNI. Their defense really surprised me. It's really too bad that Farley went down the way he did. He's a very good defender, and you never want to see someone injured like that. Hopefully that injury and the DJ injury don't slow down UNI too much. I think these two teams will meet again.

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 09:12 AM
For sure they played a part in it. The false starts by ndsu at home are uncharacteristic however as was the 85 yard run by DJ. Your qb passes to the receiver along the sidelines against Williams were spot on perfect. Nobody at any level could defend against them. Hats off to some perfect plays there. Colville and Gimmestad out on the oline hurt us early as well as we could not pick up the blitz even when they were showing blitz pre-snap.

I'm happy to come away with a win in this one and have nothing but respect for the team that UNI put on the field today.... that said I hope you lose every game from here on out cuz I don't want to play you guys again this year. ;-)

You haven't played us yet.

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2013, 09:18 AM
I see so many NDSU fans comparing us to SDSU. I cannot even. How can you make that comparision? SDSU scored 0 points against you guys at home with -32 rushing yards. We scored 23. Some of your fans thought we would be lucky to score. If this game didn't prove David Johnson is the best player in the country I don't know what would.

Would the PI call make a difference in the game? I don't know to say it wouldn't have is ignorant. To say Farley leaving with what appeared to be a broken leg didn't make a difference then you don't know football. We got beat by a team that is not much better than us. The fumbles were because we put hats on the football. Those were forced not just gifted to us. Williams got beat on plays where the football was thrown perfect and Vereen made GREAT catches. Without Johnson and Farley at the end of this game we got "worn down". Hopefully we can bounce back without Farley and keep winning, but we will have to see.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2013, 09:21 AM

Let me guess....SIU is going to steamroll the Bison....xrolleyesx

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I see so many NDSU fans comparing us to SDSU. I cannot even. How can you make that comparision? SDSU scored 0 points against you guys at home with -32 rushing yards. We scored 23. Some of your fans thought we would be lucky to score. If this game didn't prove David Johnson is the best player in the country I don't know what would.

Would the PI call make a difference in the game? I don't know to say it wouldn't have is ignorant. To say Farley leaving with what appeared to be a broken leg didn't make a difference then you don't know football. We got beat by a team that is not much better than us. The fumbles were because we put hats on the football. Those were forced not just gifted to us. Williams got beat on plays where the football was thrown perfect and Vereen made GREAT catches. Without Johnson and Farley at the end of this game we got "worn down". Hopefully we can bounce back without Farley and keep winning, but we will have to see.

You got worn down period. Just like K State and SDSU. That's NDSU's MO.

You may not have gotten beat by a team much better, but better nonetheless.

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 09:25 AM

We'll be lucky to lose by less than 21.

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2013, 09:26 AM

I am not convinced the better team won.

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 09:30 AM

Let me guess, you didn't have anybody available to read the post for you?

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 09:31 AM

That's why they play.

Bison Fan in NW MN

Mostly w/o 2 starting O-Lineman.

tjamz

Oops, I thought you were a uni fan. Or was that in reference to me saying "I" don't want to play you guys again since "I" don't play on the field. Either way I see your point.

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Oops, I thought you were a uni fan. Or was that in reference to me saying "I" don't want to play you guys again since "I" don't play on the field. Either way I see your point.

The first...might want to explain it to your buddy...

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Mostly w/o 2 starting O-Lineman.

There has always been someone missing that makes for more an equalizing factor.

Last year it was Heagle who had 9 tackles and a QB hurry yesterday.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Let me guess, you didn't have anybody available to read the post for you?

2nd post...still trying to think of something to add?

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2013, 09:35 AM
We'll be lucky to lose by less than 21.

No, but you'll fade in the 4th quarter worse than our other opponents. NDSU had 40+ mintues TOP in last years game.

Did you get a better conditioning coach this year or something?

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2013, 09:36 AM
UNI may have been a better team than NDSU was yesterday but I still think the Bison are a better team going forward. UNI certainly played a cleaner game than NDSU did. It just goes to show that there's something to be said for not playing your best but still finding a way to win. After seeing NDSU gut out the win with our best defensive player playing uncharacteristically poor, our O-line getting outplayed consistently by the UNI front 7 through the first 3 quarters, and spotting UNI two turnovers deep in NDSU territory I'd still say that if both teams play their best NDSU is a better team.

tjamz
October 6th, 2013, 09:38 AM

I agree with this. UNI is a way better team than sdsu this year and Johnson is better than Zenner. Part of Johnson's big numbers is due to the 85 yard run, but that actually proves him as better than Zenner imho. Good backs find ways to make plays, even against very good defenses. Hats off to your team for playing a great game. Second best game I've ever seen in the FargoDome (sorry gaso still owns the best game in my book... but not by much)

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 09:41 AM
No, but you'll fade in the 4th quarter worse than our other opponents. NDSU had 40+ mintues TOP in last years game.

Did you get a better conditioning coach this year or something?

It will be over long before the 4th qtr. If Lennon had any sense he would forfeit and save the players for the rest of the season.

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2013, 09:42 AM
UNI may have been a better team than NDSU was yesterday but I still think the Bison are a better team going forward. UNI certainly played a cleaner game than NDSU did. It just goes to show that there's something to be said for not playing your best but still finding a way to win. After seeing NDSU gut out the win with our best defensive player playing uncharacteristically poor, our O-line getting manhandled consistently by the UNI front 7 through the first 3 quarters, and spotting UNI two turnovers deep in NDSU territory I'd still say that if both teams play their best NDSU is a better team.

So you just said that we are the better team. Usually when your team plays "uncharacteristically" poor it is because the other team was better. The OLine for NDSU got manhandled by a better defensive front. There is a reason it is called FORCING turnovers. The Bison are only the better team going forward because they didn't lose their best defensive player to a gruesome broken leg yesterday. We didn't have the best player in the country for most of the 2nd half. That seemed to be the difference yesterday.

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2013, 09:45 AM
I agree with this. UNI is a way better team than sdsu this year and Johnson is better than Zenner. Part of Johnson's big numbers is due to the 85 yard run, but that actually proves him as better than Zenner imho. Good backs find ways to make plays, even against very good defenses. Hats off to your team for playing a great game. Second best game I've ever seen in the FargoDome (sorry gaso still owns the best game in my book... but not by much)

I love how NDSU fans are trying to discount Johnson because he had an 85 yard run. You want to have the BEST DEFENSE IN FCS HISTORY...Don't give up an 85 yard run. Give credit where it is due NDSU fans have a very hard time with this...

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2013, 09:46 AM

This is why there's a difference between players and a team. Was DJ the best running back? Yes. Was Kollmorgen the best QB? Maybe.

NDSU is deep, they are the better team, that's why they won.

UNI was done when DJ started having problems. When Carnes dropped out, the KR game disappeared. NDSU had 3 different players fielding kicks and, well, at least one of them managed to hold on to the ball. They had 5 players with more than one reception and 2 Running back with 90+ yds rushing.

They have no single dominant defensive player like Farley, they play as a unit and sub in and out frequently.

Hell, they managed to hold it together missing 2 veterans on the offensive line.

Yes, the better team won.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2013, 09:46 AM
So you just said that we are the better team. Usually when your team plays "uncharacteristically" poor it is because the other team was better. The OLine for NDSU got manhandled by a better defensive front. There is a reason it is called FORCING turnovers. The Bison are only the better team going forward because they didn't lose their best defensive player to a gruesome broken leg yesterday. We didn't have the best player in the country for most of the 2nd half. That seemed to be the difference yesterday.

NDSU's O-line did not get manhandled. UNI's defensive line played very well at times but the Bison still rushed for 260. Football is 4 quarters.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I love how NDSU fans are trying to discount Johnson because he had an 85 yard run. You want to have the BEST DEFENSE IN FCS HISTORY...Don't give up an 85 yard run. Give credit where it is due NDSU fans have a very hard time with this...

Great play by a great player.

But your assertion that the best team did not win is false. Football games are 4 quarters/60 minutes.

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2013, 09:48 AM
This is why there's a difference between players and a team. Was DJ the best running back? Yes. Was Kollmorgen the best QB? Maybe.

NDSU is deep, they are the better team, that's why they won.

UNI was done when DJ started having problems. When Carnes dropped out, the KR game disappeared. NDSU had 3 different players fielding kicks and, well, at least one of them managed to hold on to the ball. They had 5 players with more than one reception and 2 Running back with 90+ yds rushing.

They have no single dominant defensive player like Farley, they play as a unit and sub in and out frequently.

Hell, they managed to hold it together missing 2 veterans on the offensive line.

Yes, the better team won.

Play this game anywhere, but Fargo and UNI wins by a TD. Guaranteed.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2013, 09:50 AM

I hope we play UNI again. Bison clean up their turnovers and penalties, the game is a 10+ Bison win IMO.

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2013, 09:53 AM

With your best defensive player now out you're guaranteeing a win? Man, I'd like to have what you're drinking.

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I said yesterday you may have been a better team. If the same game is played again next week I'd be of the opinion that NDSU is the better team and would expect them to win because I think UNI played a cleaner game than NDSU did but I wouldn't expect that to continue.

As far as the turnovers go Marcus Williams fumble was a gift, no other way to put it. Watch the highlights if you don't think so (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3lR3STeZPA). Not a violent hit whatsoever he was just careless with the football. The Dudzik fumble was a bigger hit but I still don't give him the benefit of the doubt for putting the ball on the ground. Johnson took numerous big hits and had Bison defenders trying to pry the ball out of his arms all day, he didn't put it on the ground once.

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I said yesterday you may have been a better team. If the same game is played again next week I'd be of the opinion that NDSU is the better team and would expect them to win because I think UNI played a cleaner game than NDSU did but I wouldn't expect that to continue.

As far as the turnovers go Marcus Williams fumble was a gift, no other way to put it. Watch the highlights if you don't think so (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3lR3STeZPA). Not a violent hit whatsoever he was just careless with the football. The Dudzik fumble was a bigger hit but I still don't give him the benefit of the doubt for putting the ball on the ground. Johnson took numerous big hits and had Bison defenders trying to pry the ball out of his arms all day, he didn't put it on the ground once.

The hit might not have been violent, but when you put your hand where the ball is things happen. That is exactly what the defender did on the opening kick off. This was the second week in a row we forced a fumble on the opening kick off. Must be because players are careless not that we teach defenders to put their hat or hand on the ball...

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2013, 09:58 AM
My last comment about if we meet again in the playoffs:

I see this game just like the first of two SDSU games last year. We didn't play that great against SDSU that first game, our players were really disappointed in themselves because they didn't play up to their standards. What did they do? Stepped it up in the 2nd game and totally manhandled SDSU. I'm not saying if we play again we will manhandle you guys, but I'd be willing to put money do that if we played you again, we'd have the W a little smoother since our boys just don't enjoy settling for "good enough."

All of those things aren't even taking into consideration we totally destroyed your team with injuries yesterday (went both ways, I realize this), which I'm not saying I'm proud of, I hate how injuries can change a game. But you may have a totally different team next week against SIU just because of how physical this game was on both sides of the ball.

BisonTru
October 6th, 2013, 10:00 AM

Get your @$$ to frisco, that's where we're headed and we'll settle this on a neutral field.

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2013, 10:01 AM
The hit might not have been violent, but when you put your hand where the ball is things happen. That is exactly what the defender did on the opening kick off. This was the second week in a row we forced a fumble on the opening kick off. Must be because players are careless not that we teach defenders to put their hat or hand on the ball...
And you don't think NDSU's defense is taught the same thing? Yet UNI didn't put on the ball on the ground once. Why? Because their ball handlers took care of the football which is something neither Williams or Dudzik did.

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2013, 10:07 AM
And you don't think NDSU's defense is taught the same thing? Yet UNI didn't put on the ball on the ground once. Why? Because their ball handlers took care of the football which is something neither Williams or Dudzik did.

So had this been the other way. If UNI had fumbled it would have been because of the great NDSU defense, but when UNI forces fumbles it is because NDSU was sloppy. I get it now...

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Get your @$$ to frisco, that's where we're headed and we'll settle this on a neutral field.

I'm not convinced after yesterday NDSU will be in Frisco. UNI may not be either, but I think NDSU is very very beatable...

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I'm not convinced after yesterday NDSU will be in Frisco. UNI may not be either, but I think NDSU is very very beatable...

Every team is beatable on any day. Check the stats on the game....Bison offense actually played pretty decent, just inconsistent.

I hope these teams meet up again.

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Every team is beatable on any day. Check the stats on the game....Bison offense actually played pretty decent, just inconsistent.

I hope these teams meet up again.

They won't...

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2013, 10:14 AM

Why? because your home crowd is such a factor? I've been there, it's not.

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Both teams offenses played sub-par.

It is the defenses of both teams that played stellar, which caused the offense to be even more sub-par. Can no one else see this? Sawyer was 12/33 and Brock was 13/24. Brock rushed well while Sawyer didn't.

Defense.

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2013, 10:16 AM

No because our team is better...

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 10:16 AM
So had this been the other way. If UNI had fumbled it would have been because of the great NDSU defense, but when UNI forces fumbles it is because NDSU was sloppy. I get it now...

Only took you three years....need to get with it...

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2013, 10:17 AM

It is the defenses of both teams that played stellar, which caused the offense to be even more sub-par. Can no one else see this? Sawyer was 12/33 and Brock was 13/24. Brock rushed well while Sawyer didn't.

Defense.

This is true. Both teams have stellar defenses! It was a great game. We lost. Time to move on for SIU on Homecoming!

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2013, 10:17 AM

Defense.

He's just been up all night crying and he needs someone to lash out at. It's ok. He'll eventually let it all out.

IBleedYellow
October 6th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I thought when the teams play the football game and when one loses and the other wins, that's how we were supposed to let the teams do the talking with which team was better?

The pissing match will never end. Lmfao.

Bison56
October 6th, 2013, 10:19 AM
This is true. Both teams have stellar defenses! It was a great game. We lost. Time to move on for SIU on Homecoming!
Finally.

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I'm done arguing with you about this because it's clear you won't understand where I'm coming from. I guess I can't give credit to UNI for holding on to the football when NDSU couldn't but apparently that's a backhanded insult to your defense. I know every UNI fan was giving NDSU's special teams credit for "forcing" Sonie to fumble the punt in last year's game. I get it now...

No because our team is better...
You can have the "better team mantle" every game if you want it so much. We'll continue to take the wins.

FargoBison
October 6th, 2013, 10:31 AM

Our OL got manhandled? We rushed for 260 yards... I'd love to see what not getting manhandled looks like if we got "manhandled" yesterday.You know what last year we lost two of our best players on defense to injuries, both in huge games. I think the true difference between NDSU and UNI is how well NDSU handles adversity. We got down by two scores and that didn't seem to faze the team.

OrygunBison
October 6th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Good lord, Bison fans. Be humble after a very ugly win. UNI is very good and I agree that I'm not so sure about Frisco anymore.

Bison Fan in NW MN
October 6th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Good lord, Bison fans. Be humble after a very ugly win. UNI is very good and I agree that I'm not so sure about Frisco anymore.

Read the whole thread johny come lately....

Professor Chaos
October 6th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Our OL got manhandled? We rushed for 260 yards... I'd love to see what not getting manhandled looks like if we got "manhandled" yesterday.You know what last year we lost two of our best players on defense to injuries, both in huge games. I think the true difference between NDSU and UNI is how well NDSU handles adversity. We got down by two scores and that didn't seem to faze the team.
To be fair it was me that said they got manhandled and that wasn't very accurate when it came to the run game. UNI had their fair share of snaps there they stuffed the NDSU run game but NDSU got them in the run game more often than not. I will say that UNI's front seven clearly outplayed NDSU's O-line when it came to pass protection/rush. I don't really care if there was injuries or not, it still meant there was a lot of free rushing white jerseys in Jensen's face in passing situations.

marenlee
October 6th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Alright. Ndsu has been beatable the past 3 years. How will that stop them from a 3peat? No one is invincible and ndsu has proven that before but they still win when it's all on the line. This is nothing new... And about home field advantage... look at the bison the past 3 seasons. They play better on the road so I don't buy "if this was at our house or a neutral field" mumbo jumbo.

FargoBison
October 6th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I wonder what was said???

Hearing from people in the know that there were definitely words between coaches after the game today. This is more of a rivalry than SDSU.

https://twitter.com/SteveHallstrom/status/386667132374630401

Houndawg
October 6th, 2013, 11:29 AM

Impostor...

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 6th, 2013, 11:32 AM
What? Even the biggest homer in me can't imagine that. First to 24 wins.
Ding ding ding!!

Great call!

FargoBison
October 6th, 2013, 11:34 AM
UNI has a great team, Johnson is the best RB we've went up against in the past few years and we've matched up with a few great backs.

ALPHAGRIZ1
October 6th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Just not by you guys.............24-23 NDSU

PantherRob82
October 6th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I hope we play UNI again. Bison clean up their turnovers and penalties, the game is a 10+ Bison win IMO.

How do they "clean up" the turnovers? Helmet resistant power shields? Shoes that keep them from getting flipped upside down?

The false starts were a discipline thing. They were clearly amped, nervous, or whatever. That can be fixed. The turnovers were forced.

PantherRob82
October 6th, 2013, 11:58 AM

Is it really that unreasonable that a 1 point game played anywhere than your hostile environment might have had a different outcome? xcoffeex

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Is it really that unreasonable that a 1 point game played anywhere than your hostile environment might have had a different outcome? xcoffeex

not enough to flip it 8 points "guaranteed"

PantherRob82
October 6th, 2013, 12:00 PM
I thought when the teams play the football game and when one loses and the other wins, that's how we were supposed to let the teams do the talking with which team was better?

The pissing match will never end. Lmfao.

It should end. But both teams fans are still going with it.

It doesn't help that the game winning drive had two odd calls that kept it going. That isn't why we lost, but it doesn't help. I've learned that football is fun to talk about, but not to dwell on. :)

PantherRob82
October 6th, 2013, 12:01 PM
not enough to flip it 8 points "guaranteed"

My bad, I must have missed that part. ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2013, 12:02 PM
It should end. But both teams fans are still going with it.

It doesn't help that the game winning drive had two odd calls that kept it going. That isn't why we lost, but it doesn't help. I've learned that football is fun to talk about, but not to dwell on. :)

which were the odd calls? I know your answer and why you think that but it doesn't make it reality.

FargoBison
October 6th, 2013, 12:10 PM

UNI was definitely rattled...that noise also really helps the DL get a better jump on the OL.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2013, 12:19 PM
UNI was definitely rattled...that noise also really helps the DL get a better jump on the OL.

I agree but I don't buy into the "if it were in our house" bull****. NDSU is undefeated in road/neutral site games for the last 2 1/2 seasons.

UNIFanSince1983
October 6th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Farley broke both bones in his leg had surgery last night.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

PantherRob82
October 6th, 2013, 12:49 PM
which were the odd calls? I know your answer and why you think that but it doesn't make it reality.

Hands to the face (no replay) and the PI (no replay). Notice I said odd, not bad. Don't be so sensitive. ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Hands to the face (no replay) and the PI (no replay). Notice I said odd, not bad. Don't be so sensitive. ;)

like I said. I DVR'd it, they were legit.

344Johnson
October 6th, 2013, 12:52 PM

No. UNI got 2 gifts inside the 30 yard line...and did nothing with it. UNI's offense did solid at times though.

NDSU's offense had some rough drives, but as the game wore on they slowly wore down UNI.

Face it, NDSU gave the game to UNI on a silver platter, and UNI didn't do what it had to do...hell, UNI had TWO chances to get a field goal and failed both times. Kollmorgen completed 1/3 of his passes.

Anyone who watched that game would have no problem distinguishing which team is and was better. NDSU ran the ball better, threw the ball about as well...and got it done in the 4th quarter(something no one will ever say about UNI btw).

saxbison
October 6th, 2013, 12:57 PM

Best wishes to Jake. I really hope this doesn't end his career.

344Johnson
October 6th, 2013, 01:02 PM
'
I broke my tib fib on two seperate occasions(one of which also required surgery). Never stopped me from playing. Hopefully he comes back from it. I do not want to see the replay.

clenz
October 6th, 2013, 01:10 PM
like I said. I DVR'd it, they were legit.

Would love to see them. If they were correct you'd have no problem posting them, right?

saxbison
October 6th, 2013, 01:30 PM
'
I broke my tib fib on two seperate occasions(one of which also required surgery). Never stopped me from playing. Hopefully he comes back from it. I do not want to see the replay.

I watched it earlier. It looked nasty.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Would love to see them. If they were correct you'd have no problem posting them, right?

more technical than anything. I have Directv so I'm not sure how I can get that on the computer.

clenz
October 6th, 2013, 01:58 PM
My TiVo just finished recording the game replay.

I can do it from that, but it's a slow process as moving a 3 hour game takes hours

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2013, 02:00 PM

I can do it from that, but it's a slow process as moving a 3 hour game takes hours

I used to have Tivo, it was great for saving shows.

dewey
October 6th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I watched it earlier. It looked nasty.

I saw the replay last night and it looked really bad. Best of wishes to him in his rehabilitation.

I watched the replay of the coaches handshake and it didn't look like much. It would be interesting to find out what was said. I doubt coach Bohl will elaborate during his coaches show.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Bison56
October 6th, 2013, 02:07 PM
2nd that. Didnt look good.

clenz
October 6th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Couch Farley started in Fargo with Jake last night as he had surgery. I honestly wouldn't have blamed him if he had left the stadium with Jake at that point.

I'm going to miss my TiVo after we move. The cable provider we have in Cedar Falls is second to none...sadly they are only in Cedar Falls, and all of the providers in Cedar Rapids/Marion (where I'm moving) suck. We are probably going with Direct TV or dish, which don't work with tivo unheard you buy it from them (dtv). Had a TiVo for 5 years, going to suck to not have it

PantherRob82
October 6th, 2013, 02:18 PM

The PI video is on Panther Nation.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 6th, 2013, 02:27 PM
The PI video is on Panther Nation.

If you're talking about the super grainy video that I just saw, the PI happens at about :11 of it. That's when the flag starts coming out.

Bisonator
October 6th, 2013, 05:39 PM

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10)

I wish him the best and a speedy recovery. I hate seeing anyone get injured.

Bisonator
October 6th, 2013, 05:50 PM
The hands to the face PF was legit. You can clearly see the UNI nose tackle pushing our centers head up and back on the play. The ump was right behind him and it was an easy call. The PI penalty was definitely being called before the ball got there. At the goal line Vraa tried to slow up to catch the ball the UNI player kept running right thru him got his head around just as the ball got there. The ref was pulling the flag out before the ball got there. It is what it is, did it effect the outcome of the game maybe but that's with any call. It happened on 2nd down and 4 to go. We'll never know if NDSU converts anyway. It'd be different if it was the last play of the game but it wasn't. You can't let stuff like that effect your next play or plays. UNI had multiple chances to finish us off and didn't get it done.

Ronin
October 7th, 2013, 01:24 PM
I agree but I don't buy into the "if it were in our house" bull****. NDSU is undefeated in road/neutral site games for the last 2 1/2 seasons.

Most odds makers allow 3 points to the home team. Draw your own conclusions for a 4th and 6 come from behind to win by 1.

BisonBacker
October 7th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Most odds makers allow 3 points to the home team. Draw your own conclusions for a 4th and 6 come from behind to win by 1.

The Jealousy,envy and butthurt is strong in you.....

http://www.versusbattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/darth-vader.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Not gonna lie, to have them lose like that and the subsequent butthurt flood, gives me a few giggles.

BisonBacker
October 7th, 2013, 02:25 PM
Not gonna lie, to have them lose like that and the subsequent butthurt flood, gives me a few giggles.

I have to chuckle when they say we have a woody for them. I go over to their board and this is some of what I read.

NDSU is going to get torn apart next year in the Dome, there aint no doubt about it.

I can't put into words how excited I am for this game already

We have got to make sure that there are less than 1000 Bison fans there

Go Jamie Pollard style and make tickets available to season ticket holders only. If they want to be in the building, its going to cost them $200 to do it.
This is just from the last page of one thread on NDSU. Way to funny.

On a serious note they are going to have a hell of a team next year but they already have us getting torn apart. I can see why they feel the way they do given they moved up to IAA/FCS some 30 years before we did and have yet to win it all. Yes the jealousy and butthurt is strong in that fanbase but they do have some passionate fans. Jealous but passionate xnodx

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2013, 02:27 PM
I have to chuckle when they say we have a woody for them. I go over to their board and this is some of what I read.

On a serious note they are going to have a hell of a team next year but they already have us getting torn apart. I can see why they feel the way they do given they moved up to IAA/FCS some 30 years before we did and have yet to win it all. Yes the jealousy and butthurt is strong in that fanbase but they do have some passionate fans. Jealous but passionate xnodx

I like our chances. Crockett will be back and I like Carson at QB. There is a ton of defense coming back. So far, this is a reloading situation.

BisonBacker
October 7th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I like our chances. Crockett will be back and I like Carson at QB. There is a ton of defense coming back. So far, this is a reloading situation.

I agree but you won't be able to tell them that. They already have this one chalked up as a "W"

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2013, 02:33 PM
I agree but you won't be able to tell them that. They already have this one chalked up as a "W"

It's always next year for them.

Da Bison
October 7th, 2013, 02:57 PM
I agree but you won't be able to tell them that. They already have this one painted on the wall as a "W"

FIFY

BISON Thunder
October 7th, 2013, 03:18 PM
It's always next year for them.

I can't wait to get them in the SuperFargoDome in 2033, because my sister is going to have a son in two years who is going to make NDSU fans forget about Jensen...

Twentysix
October 7th, 2013, 03:20 PM
painted on the garage door?

Houndawg
October 7th, 2013, 03:53 PM
I hate that we have to play them the week after they were embarrassed.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 7th, 2013, 03:57 PM
I hate that we have to play them.

FIFY

Houndawg
October 7th, 2013, 04:14 PM
FIFY

I think we have a fair chance to not get blown out.

UNIFanSince1983
October 7th, 2013, 05:39 PM

These are some of the reasons I do not go to PantherNation. There are too many homer lunatics. We should be very good next year. You guys should be slightly down (and I just say that because you do lose some important pieces from what has been an all time great run). I do not think we can count anything is a win right now against a team that have proven they can win. We should have been great in 2006 returning a lot of players from a run to the National Championship game, and we didn't even make the playoffs and lost to a DII UND. Then in 2007 we go undefeated until losing to Joe Flacco in the quarterfinals. We lost quite a bit from that team including an all-time great QB. Turns out the next year we make it to the semifinals. You really just never know what can happen. Especially if you are a fan of the UNI Panthers.

i would be far more excited to play you guys again this year, but for some reason fans on Panther Nation have already moved to next year when we can still do a lot of damage this year.

Go Panthers!

clenz
October 7th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Update from Mark on Jake's injury...

On the field after it happened
Mark: What Happened
Jake: I broke my leg.

Also, for those of you who seem to hate Farley for no real reason other than you percieve him to be an ass (which he is far from, I can attest to that from the times I have talked with him...as a peon student employee who he didn't need to make time for, but would on a daily basis, or in the community when he recognized me from my time at UNI) watch the last 30 seconds, or so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u69lXWH7nnQ&feature=youtu.be

UNI Pike
October 8th, 2013, 12:44 AM
The Jealousy,envy and butthurt is strong in you.....

http://www.versusbattle.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/darth-vader.jpg

North Dakota fans strangely reference the term "butt hurt" as commonly as other people use propositions. Must be very long winters in ND as a child...

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Houndawg
October 8th, 2013, 07:53 AM
North Dakota fans strangely reference the term "butt hurt" as commonly as other people use propositions. Must be very long winters in ND as a child...

sent from my NSA monitored Samsung Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk for one percenters

Its prepositions. Propositions cause butthurt.....

NoDak 4 Ever
October 8th, 2013, 08:12 AM
Update from Mark on Jake's injury...

On the field after it happened
Mark: What Happened
Jake: I broke my leg.

Also, for those of you who seem to hate Farley for no real reason other than you percieve him to be an ass (which he is far from, I can attest to that from the times I have talked with him...as a peon student employee who he didn't need to make time for, but would on a daily basis, or in the community when he recognized me from my time at UNI) watch the last 30 seconds, or so

and thanks to the superior medical staff and facilities in Fargo, he'll be just fine.

UNI Pike
October 8th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Auto-correct apparently invented in Fargo

344Johnson
October 8th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Happy to hear younger Farley will be ok. 8 weeks and it'll be all good, see him down in Frisco? ;)

clenz
October 8th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Happy to hear younger Farley will be ok. 8 weeks and it'll be all good, see him down in Frisco? ;)
8 weeks on crutches likely means 5 weeks of training to get back to game ready...so no

I'd also guess UNI seeks a medical on this one as he missed the entire 2011 season with a broken leg at Kansas as well

NoDak 4 Ever
October 8th, 2013, 09:47 AM
8 weeks on crutches likely means 5 weeks of training to get back to game ready...so no

I'd also guess UNI seeks a medical on this one as he missed the entire 2011 season with a broken leg at Kansas as well

The kid needs to drink more milk.

aces1180
October 8th, 2013, 09:52 AM

Is there a specific point in the season when the NCAA says no to the hardship because the regular season is almost halfway over?

I've seen athletes get a medical hardship after 3 games, but I can't recall anyone getting one after 5. I honestly don't know their policy.

aces1180
October 8th, 2013, 09:52 AM
The kid needs to drink more milk.

I hope that was in jest...If not, that's a very disrespectful comment.

clenz
October 8th, 2013, 09:53 AM
The NCAA has shown they have no real set standard...they pretend they do, buy they don't.

I said they'll likely seek it, not they'll likely get it.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

NoDak 4 Ever
October 8th, 2013, 09:53 AM
I hope that was in jest...If not, that's a very disrespectful comment.

I'm not sure what that means.

aces1180
October 8th, 2013, 09:56 AM
I'm not sure what that means.

He's broken his leg twice because he didn't drink enough milk? Really? You don't see how that could be considered a offensive to the player who had his leg shattered during the heat of battle? I hope the comment was a joke and your are not serious.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 8th, 2013, 09:58 AM
He's broken his leg twice because he didn't drink enough milk? Really? You don't see how that could be considered a offensive to the player who had his leg shattered during the heat of battle? I hope the comment was a joke and your are not serious.

If it was a joke, would it still not be offensive?

Professor Chaos
October 8th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Maybe not, but it still wouldn't be funny.

aces1180

Not offensive as a joke...Sometimes reading sarcasm/parody is hard on the Internet...Hence purple font. ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
Maybe not, but it still wouldn't be funny.

Sorry to ruin everyone's day.

Bisonator
October 8th, 2013, 10:58 AM
That's good to here. It sounds like he should make a full recovery. Get well soon Jake!

Ronin
October 8th, 2013, 05:51 PM

So true....

Ronin
October 8th, 2013, 05:54 PM
The hands to the face PF was legit. You can clearly see the UNI nose tackle pushing our centers head up and back on the play. The ump was right behind him and it was an easy call. The PI penalty was definitely being called before the ball got there. At the goal line Vraa tried to slow up to catch the ball the UNI player kept running right thru him got his head around just as the ball got there. The ref was pulling the flag out before the ball got there. It is what it is, did it effect the outcome of the game maybe but that's with any call. It happened on 2nd down and 4 to go. We'll never know if NDSU converts anyway. It'd be different if it was the last play of the game but it wasn't. You can't let stuff like that effect your next play or plays. UNI had multiple chances to finish us off and didn't get it done.

Would this be the call you are referencing for PI?

UNI defense was flagged for the PI in this pic.

UNI Pike
October 8th, 2013, 05:55 PM

The sign at my office says "If it's really funny, it's probably harassment"

Bisonator
October 8th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Would this be the call you are referencing for PI?

UNI defense was flagged for the PI in this pic.

The PI was actually being called before this pic was taken. The ref started pulling his flag at the 1 yard line when the UNI player ran into Vraa.

Darlinikki150
October 8th, 2013, 06:35 PM
Did Farley injure that leg in the past? My pt therapist said she heard he had an old injury. I feel for the guy, I watched the play again and its nasty. I hope he's ok and can come back and play.

clenz
October 8th, 2013, 07:56 PM
The PI was actually being called before this pic was taken. The ref started pulling his flag at the 1 yard line when the UNI player ran into Vraa.

You mean when Vraa ran into Dorleant

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk now Free ('http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10')

Houndawg
October 8th, 2013, 08:09 PM
You mean when Vraa ran into Dorleant

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=10)

Bill Fette made the call...he owed the Bison one...

Bisonator
October 8th, 2013, 08:11 PM
I never said it was a good call. :D

Houndawg
October 8th, 2013, 08:25 PM
No conference in these United States has refs that suck as bad as the myopic dimwits of the MVC...xthumbsdownx

BisonFan02
October 8th, 2013, 08:43 PM
No conference in these United States has refs that suck as bad as the myopic dimwits of the MVC...xthumbsdownx

I think our friends in the Southern and Big Sky conferences would beg to differ.

mgbison
October 8th, 2013, 08:57 PM
I think the play looked like PI live, but watching the replay it wasn't. I wish we could have a better review of the 3 and 8 on UNI's TD drive where CJ Smith got called for PI. Him and the UNI player ended up 3 yards out of bounds. My brother was sitting about 10 rows up from it and said the UNI receiver basically grabbed Smith's facemask and dragged him out of bounds. Bohl was hysterical after the call. However, there wasn't a good replay of it on TV.

Good to hear about Farley's progress.

marenlee
October 8th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Why are we still talking about a 2nd down PI? MVFC refs are still light years ahead of the big sky refs.

UNIFanSince1983
October 8th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Why are we still talking about a 2nd down PI? MVFC refs are still light years ahead of the big sky refs.

Good point. If anything the call that made the difference was the 3rd down hands to the face. I haven't seen the replay so don't know if it was a bad call or not. If it is a good call which it sounds like both sides are saying we cannot have that happen at that point in the game. Letting Jensen run for a first down on I think it was a 3rd and long can't happen either. We had chances to win and we didn't do it.

I think we should both be in different threads talking about the games this week though!

Go Panthers!

Bisonator
October 9th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Good point. If anything the call that made the difference was the 3rd down hands to the face. I haven't seen the replay so don't know if it was a bad call or not. If it is a good call which it sounds like both sides are saying we cannot have that happen at that point in the game. Letting Jensen run for a first down on I think it was a 3rd and long can't happen either. We had chances to win and we didn't do it.

I think we should both be in different threads talking about the games this week though!

Go Panthers!

Here is a snap shot of the PF hands to the face play. The umpire is looking directly at the UNI nose guard Williams who is clearly pushing our centers head back. It was a good call. We probably would have had to punt there but there was still nearly 6 minutes left so who knows how it would have played out.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Here is a snap shot of the PF hands to the face play. The umpire is looking directly at the UNI nose guard Williams who is clearly pushing our centers head back. It was a good call. We probably would have had to punt there but there was still nearly 6 minutes left so who knows how it would have played out.

I will say that the consensus opinion about the TV coverage and the lack of replays fueled this fire a lot. There were also not nearly enough cameras. I've seen high school games where they had a camera on the far side of the field so the near sideline (where at least 2 controversial calls happened) could be seen.

Bisonator
October 9th, 2013, 08:53 AM
I will say that the consensus opinion about the TV coverage and the lack of replays fueled this fire a lot. There were also not nearly enough cameras. I've seen high school games where they had a camera on the far side of the field so the near sideline (where at least 2 controversial calls happened) could be seen.

I agree the TV coverage needs to get better. They've come a long ways though in a short time period. I think it'll keep improving. I know a lot of FCS schools would love our TV coverage so I'm not going to complain too much yet.

MplsBison
October 9th, 2013, 10:36 AM
I guess we have an answer about what happened to the Bison OL: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/414631/group/Sports/

Or maybe this was already known. It was news to me.

I was always a big fan of Jesse Hinz since he played center as a true freshman in 2010. Then he fell off the face of the earth. Glad to see him in there and do well against UNI's giant NT. Hope he gets a chance to rotate with the much smaller Colville, particularly if more teams try to give NDSU a 3-4 look - which usually entails a very large man lined up right on the center.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 9th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I guess we have an answer about what happened to the Bison OL: http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/414631/group/Sports/

I was always a big fan of Jesse Hinz since he played center as a true freshman in 2010. Then he fell off the face of the earth. Glad to see him in there and do well against UNI's giant NT. Hope he gets a chance to rotate with the much smaller Colville, particularly if more teams try to give NDSU a 3-4 look - which usually entails a very large man lined up right on the center.

I hope he left an expensive dent in that asshole's car. I like riding my moped and it's a great commuter vehicle but it's about 10x worse than being on a motorcycle with cars out there.

Bisonoline
October 9th, 2013, 09:41 PM

I dont see how you got that conclusion from that pic. That pic doesnt show anything of the sort.

clenz
October 9th, 2013, 09:54 PM
I dont see how you got that conclusion from that pic. That pic doesnt show anything of the sort.

Let it be known that a ****ing NDSU fan said that before any UNI fan said it.

There's the old adage "fans shouldn't bitch about holding because it happens every play", the same exact thing can be said for "hands to the face"....

Whatever, at this point though

Go Bison
October 10th, 2013, 09:39 AM

Hinz played in seven games including one start vs. James Madison in 2011 but had to sit out all of 2012 with an injury. Other than his holding call early on in the UNI game I thought he played pretty well. The paper said if Colville wouldn't have gotten hurt that Hinz would have played center and Colville would have moved over to guard to take Gimmestad's spot.

dewey
October 10th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Here is a link to a press conference with UNI head coach Mark Farley about the injury to his son and the prognosis for him.

I hope his son has a speedy recovery.

If this has already been posted, sorry.

Dewey

bisonboone11
October 10th, 2013, 12:16 PM

There's the old adage "fans shouldn't bitch about holding because it happens every play", the same exact thing can be said for "hands to the face"....

Yes. Some NDSU fans can admit that you can't fully evaluate a penalty that was called in a game, unlike most of the UNI fans that seem to have difficulty comprehending this.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM

The pic is easier to post than the video, which does show the penalty.

Must be MoState week.

Bisonator
October 10th, 2013, 12:26 PM

Are you effing blind? Watch a replay!xeyebrowx

CassBison
October 10th, 2013, 12:35 PM

This picture shows nothing about what you are talking about. It was the correct call because it was called and there is nothing we can do to change that. But you cannot say that this picture gives any conclusive evidence supporting the call. If you want to prove your point the only way would be to give a replay focusing directly on those players involved.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 10th, 2013, 12:36 PM
This picture shows nothing about what you are talking about. It was the correct call because it was called and there is nothing we can do to change that. But you cannot say that this picture gives any conclusive evidence supporting the call. If you want to prove your point the only way would be to give a replay focusing directly on those players involved.

thanks to ND NBC there wasn't one.

CassBison
October 10th, 2013, 12:39 PM
thanks to ND NBC there wasn't one.

Exactly so there is no way to prove that the call made was correct or incorrect, besides what the referee called.

Bisonator
October 10th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Like I said watch the replay then.xrotatehx

NoDak 4 Ever
October 10th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Exactly so there is no way to prove that the call made was correct or incorrect, besides what the referee called.

actually when you look closely, there is enough to see but you do have to look closely because the angle is so wide. That's why a screen shot doesn't work.

Bisonator
October 10th, 2013, 12:44 PM
The whole game video is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZBjwegeHK8

dewey
October 10th, 2013, 12:51 PM

I am not saying the call was right or wrong but us NDSU fans have never seen questionable calls before, right:)

Dewey

TennBison
October 10th, 2013, 01:47 PM

I myself get a kick out of how misinformed a lot of there fans are about how good their team has actually been over its history on their own message board. Case in point, one of the UNI fans posted about how they annually win ten games throughout their history. Took me all of five minutes of research to find this to be wrong and when I posted my findings they went nuts on me. The postings (to do a short version)go basically like this.
UNI posters: We win ten games annually, we are a great program yadda yadda yadda.
My post: Google defines annually as "every year" and in the last four years your team has reached 10 or more wins once. So you don't win ten games annually.
UNI posters: We are talking about over the history of our program.
My post: I looked up the history of your program and you have just slightly over 60% winning percentage since you took up football.
UNI posters: We are talking about more recent history, like since we joined DI football, (and they make fun of NDSU a bit for remaining a sub par program because they stayed DII).
My post: Really, because my finding are that since 1985 (that was all I could confirm on their web site which had to be close to going DI) they had 18 seasons where they had 9 or less wins, and 11 seasons of 10 or more wins. That to me sounds like it is close to only 37% of the time do you win 10 or more games and is nothing close to annually.

At that point I was receiving about 10 personal messages calling for me to be banned as well as about 5-6 posts. Two hours later I was suspended from their site until Oct 23rd 10pm. And the reason given to me by their admin was because of comments I made in Bisonville with a post made on Oct 6th. Wow, who would know that a post on another site could get you banned from a different site. lol

NoDak 4 Ever
October 10th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I myself get a kick out of how misinformed a lot of there fans are about how good their team has actually been over its history on their own message board. Case in point, one of the UNI fans posted about how they annually win ten games throughout their history. Took me all of five minutes of research to find this to be wrong and when I posted my findings they went nuts on me. The postings (to do a short version)go basically like this.
UNI posters: We win ten games annually, we are a great program yadda yadda yadda.
My post: Google defines annually as "every year" and in the last four years your team has reached 10 or more wins once. So you don't win ten games annually.
My post: I looked up the history of your program and you have just slightly over 60% winning percentage since you took up football.
UNI posters: We are talking about more recent history, like since we joined DI football, (and they make fun of NDSU a bit for remaining a sub par program because they stayed DII).
My post: Really, because my finding are that since 1985 (that was all I could confirm on their web site which had to be close to going DI) they had 18 seasons where they had 9 or less wins, and 11 seasons of 10 or more wins. That to me sounds like it is close to only 33% of the time do you win 10 or more games and is nothing close to annually.

At that point I was receiving about 10 personal messages calling for me to be banned as well as about 5-6 posts. Two hours later I was suspended from their site until Oct 23rd 10pm. And the reason given to me by their admin was because of comments I made in Bisonville with a post made on Oct 6th. Wow, who would know that a post on another site could get you banned from a different site. lol

This is why I stay off other boards. Too much circle jerking.

UNIFanSince1983
October 10th, 2013, 05:31 PM
My post: Really, because my finding are that since 1985 (that was all I could confirm on their web site which had to be close to going DI) they had 18 seasons where they had 9 or less wins, and 11 seasons of 10 or more wins. That to me sounds like it is close to only 33% of the time do you win 10 or more games and is nothing close to annually.

Said it before and will say it again this is exactly why I stay off Panther Nation or any teams site. I visit AGS during football and MVCfans during basketball.