PDA

View Full Version : the Gate board....

CFBfan
September 27th, 2013, 08:46 AM
was just on the Gate board and I am stunned by the stupidity of some and the outward disdain for one another on that board! wow!!
some calling for biddles head, some with NO clue about football and most expressing contempt for each other.
I am hoping/assuming this is but a small (in several ways!) sample of the Gate fan base??

pike51
September 27th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Obviously you haven't been on Panthertalk.

Bogus Megapardus
September 27th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Nah, the Gate board is no different than other PL boards (Lafayette, Holy Cross, Fordham, etc.). As far as I know, we're the only FCS boards that regularly do cartoon parodies of our head coaches, hold polls to assess our own incompetence, and have investigators to determine the level to which campus administrators are trying hack members' identities.

From what I've seen, I'm quite impressed with PantherTalk, though.

Franks Tanks
September 27th, 2013, 09:35 AM
There have always been a few trolls over there. I think they are hurt by the old voy board and lack of permanent user names.

RichH2
September 27th, 2013, 09:37 AM
The vitriol is not surprising given their expectations for this year. A bit surprised by the slew of uninformed posts

robsnotes4u
September 27th, 2013, 10:04 AM
was just on the Gate board and I am stunned by the stupidity of some and the outward disdain for one another on that board! wow!!
some calling for biddles head, some with NO clue about football and most expressing contempt for each other.
I am hoping/assuming this is but a small (in several ways!) sample of the Gate fan base??

Spend some time on Bisonville, they actually think they can give Alabama and other top FBS teams a run. Fight against themselves. Crazy talk, with a huge God complex

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Twentysix
September 27th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Spend some time on Bisonville, they actually think they can give Alabama and other top FBS teams a run. Fight against themselves. Crazy talk, with a huge God complex

This is the internet.

GateRaider63
September 27th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I cleaned up (deleted) a lot of the posts. Can't help with the design of the board. Well, I could, but then some posters would bust out their canes, torches, and pitchforks. I occasionally check out the IP addresses people post under to see the different usernames they use.

Go...gate
September 27th, 2013, 11:42 AM

Indeed, it is but a small sample, but the disrespect is very evident - IMO, especially to the older alumni.

Isn't it shameful how Biddle is being villified?

Go...gate
September 27th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I cleaned up (deleted) a lot of the posts. Can't help with the design of the board. Well, I could, but then some posters would bust out their canes, torches, and pitchforks. I occasionally check out the IP addresses people post under to see the different usernames they use.

Thanks, GateRaider63.

robsnotes4u
September 27th, 2013, 11:44 AM
This is the internet.

I agree, you should see some of the stuff on a Billiards board. Also good for laughs, I never take it serious, all for fun. You are one of the reasonable ones.

Bill
September 27th, 2013, 12:00 PM
some posters would bust out their canes, torches, and pitchforks.
Can't help but laugh there. As someone with multiple Colgate grads in his family, all I can think of is that ceremony with all of the torches coming down the hill. Reminds me of black and white movies with the town going after the monster!

GateRaider63
September 27th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Can't help but laugh there. As someone with multiple Colgate grads in his family, all I can think of is that ceremony with all of the torches coming down the hill. Reminds me of black and white movies with the town going after the monster!

That's how I picture it. I made another perfectly good Colgate board (I think it is probably filled with spam now, I haven't looked at it in a year or two - http://colgatefootball.webs.com/apps/forums/ (http://colgatefootball.webs.com/apps/forums/)) but no one stayed there long because they didn't like the change in format. I suppose now that I am the Voy forum owner I could delete it and just have everyone move to the new one or be left out, but I'm not that mean.

Fordhamanhattan
September 27th, 2013, 12:48 PM
I have left posting on the Fordham board due to repeated ad hominem attacks by anonymous bottom feeders who know I am as I don't disguise my identity. They seem to lack the as the Italians say cujones (sp?) to insult me to my face.

Lehigh'98
September 27th, 2013, 02:11 PM
What does Voy mean?

GateRaider63
September 27th, 2013, 02:15 PM
What does Voy mean?

The board is set up through Voy - www.voy.com/227566/ (http://www.voy.com/227566/)

colorless raider
September 27th, 2013, 03:23 PM
That's how I picture it. I made another perfectly good Colgate board (I think it is probably filled with spam now, I haven't looked at it in a year or two - http://colgatefootball.webs.com/apps/forums/ (http://colgatefootball.webs.com/apps/forums/)) but no one stayed there long because they didn't like the change in format. I suppose now that I am the Voy forum owner I could delete it and just have everyone move to the new one or be left out, but I'm not that mean.

Colgate should adopt the format of the Lafayette board. It is very well done and more active than our board.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 27th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I have a decent forum as well for all things Lehigh:

http://www.lehighsportsforum.com/

It's mostly found a home with the hoops crowd, but I like how it's turned out.

Sader87
September 27th, 2013, 03:38 PM
We rarely have the best football or basketball team in the Patriot League but we do have the best (or most active and interesting) board in the league anyway:

http://s2.excoboard.com/Crossports

TheValleyRaider
September 27th, 2013, 05:57 PM
That non-registration thing is a real turn-off for me. I don't bother posting there (of course I'm barely around here anymore, so there's that :p). 63 does a bang-up job, and I'm pretty sure I was registered for his board, but it died, and I have no real interest in wading into the current hornet's nest.

Actually, I'd say the discussions have been pretty tame this week (basketball can get much worse), and outside a few malcontents/trolls, people aren't really calling for Biddle's head. The longer-time guys there certainly know better, and there are some good eggs there who know their stuff, at least as far as the institution is concerned. It just gets to be a pain wading through the nonsense