PDA

View Full Version : Bigsouth Edge

kirkblitz
September 26th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Im not sure if they belongs here or not but here i go. I will not beable to attend a few big south confrence games for CCU and my question is do you think ALL of the confrence games will be shown on Bigsouth EDGE? Will the CCU @ VMI game be shown? Anyone subscribe to it?
http://www.bigsouthsports.com//ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=4800&ATCLID=206474

Another thing i want to ask is what does everyone think about having football games shown LIVE on the internet for 1-aa. Do you think itll help the teams more then if it was just local tv?

CSU BUCS
September 26th, 2006, 08:21 PM
I’m Curious too about the Big South broadcast. I may be moving (if everything goes right) in a few months and I was thinking about subscribing but didn’t know the quality of it. CSU has radio broadcast of all the games streamed live through the internet or you can call this 1800 # and listen live as well.

Internet broadcast are most definitely good for 1-AA. More exposure can’t be bad.

kirkblitz
September 26th, 2006, 11:42 PM
I emailed bigsouth sunday and they still havent gotten back to me, 70 bucks is alot to spend for something i know nothing about.

rokamortis
September 27th, 2006, 03:12 AM
I emailed bigsouth sunday and they still havent gotten back to me, 70 bucks is alot to spend for something i know nothing about.

I got it last year and they had a couple of the football games - but no CCU games. It was ok later on when they showed a couple of basketball games or tournament finals for volleyball / softball / baseball but I didn't see where it was worth it, especially since my main interest is football. For the games you do want live, they usually have a lower fee like $5 per game. My advice is just to wait and see - it may be better this year but I haven't seen any indication of that.

The Cats
September 27th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Another thing i want to ask is what does everyone think about having football games shown LIVE on the internet for 1-aa. Do you think itll help the teams more then if it was just local tv?

See the article about UNCG and how they are broadcasting live video feeds of all of their sporting events via the internet. Smaller schools can compete with the bigger schools TV packages with this method of getting games on the web.

http://www.news-record.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060926/NEWSREC0105/609260306