PDA

View Full Version : UNH @ Lehigh: "The Overrated Bowl"

Pages : 1 [2]

Engineer1985
September 28th, 2013, 03:07 PM
While I agree that our d played terrible and your qb was all over them, I still don't think that you are an overall better team. Just was better on this given Saturday. Still doubt you would fair better than us in caa play, now you get to play cupcakes besides Fordham for the next 6 weeks.

Good teams find ways to win. And yes, LU is an overall better team. Just look at the scoreboard because that's all that matters. No bad calls, no controversies. Just a win.

Bogus Megapardus
September 28th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Good teams find ways to win.

And yet, Lehigh won today. Debunks the theory. ;)

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 28th, 2013, 03:10 PM
I'm glad this series is expected to continue! These are to very similar programs when it comes to their style of play!

Engineer1985
September 28th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Citadel? What are they 0-4? Is this guy kidding? LU has played them a number of times over the years. Don't believe we've ever lost to them and certainly wouldn't this year. Get real guy.

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Citadel? What are they 0-4? Is this guy kidding? LU has played them a number of times over the years. Don't believe we've ever lost to them and certainly wouldn't this year. Get real guy.

THE Citadel. We play in a GOOD football conference. You should see about getting into one.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 28th, 2013, 03:14 PM
THE Citadel. We play in a GOOD football conference. You should see about getting into one.

LOL, we'll see where the PL teams are ranked this week compared to the SoCon teams......

Mattymc727
September 28th, 2013, 03:15 PM
UNH is not a good football team, they werent last year either. Looks like Chip Kelly was the real reason for the UNH success. I hope Lehigh is just better than i think they are.

UNHWildcat18
September 28th, 2013, 03:16 PM
It's funny you waste so much time trying to crap on caa and pl teams, this must be what happens to people when their teams can't make the playoffs year in and year out.

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 03:17 PM
UNH is not a good football team, they werent last year either. Looks like Chip Kelly was the real reason for the UNH success. I hope Lehigh is just better than i think they are.

I agree. both of these teams are HIGHLY overrated

Engineer1985
September 28th, 2013, 03:17 PM
LOL, we'll see where the PL teams are ranked this week compared to the SoCon teams......

And PL gets no votes... Every year we see those Southern Con teams up in the ranking and other than App state they all get eliminated game 1. Maybe if Wofford tried playing less than three games against DIII teams... :-)

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 03:18 PM
It's funny you waste so much time trying to crap on caa and pl teams, this must be what happens to people when their teams can't make the playoffs year in and year out.

the CAA is usually quite good. The pl is decent at the top but VERY WEAK at the bottom.

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 03:19 PM
And PL gets no votes... Every year we see those Southern Con teams up in the ranking and other than App state they all get eliminated game 1. Maybe if Wofford tried playing less than three games against DIII teams... :-)

woffy beat Montana in Missoula a couple of years ago and unh LAST year in the playoffs.

RichH2
September 28th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Amazing,when we beat a.good team,either they didnt play well or theyre really just not a good team. The PL stigma.

Bogus Megapardus
September 28th, 2013, 03:22 PM

Well, I looked into that. Turns out that the FCS schools up here not only invented the game of football, but the football conference as well. We've been playing against the same teams (in a variety of alignments) for 150 years now. But we'll let you know when that isn't working out for us any longer.

Tribal
September 28th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Again, there actually IS a way that you could play Lehigh (and Colgate and Holy Cross, etc.) every year, you know . . . xrolleyesx

What?
N
E
V
E
R

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Amazing,when we beat a.good team,either they didnt play well or theyre really just not a good team. The PL stigma.

I've been saying it all along. When you don't see the Appy or GSU's or the Wofford's and until recently the furman's of the world year in and year out you really have no idea what you DON'T have in comparison.

CHIP72
Hey, didn't that Yankee General Sherman pretty much annihilate South Carolina nearly 150 years ago?

FCS_pwns_FBS

Haven't followed much of the playoffs recently have you?

Engineer1985
September 28th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Has Citadel ever made it to the playoffs? I didn't check but I don't think so. Check out the track record of Lehigh, Colgate, Lafayette and very soon from what I've seen, Fordham. You guys at Citadel beat any FBS teams lately? other than App state I don't think you've ever play one. Your conference fro the most part stick to easy marks to boost rankings along with your votes on the board that we don't have. Prediction for Chattanooga @ Alabama last week of the season... 80-0. xlolx

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Well, I looked into that. Turns out that the FCS schools up here not only invented the game of football, but the football conference as well. We've been playing against the same teams (in a variety of alignments) for 150 years now. But we'll let you know when that isn't working out for us any longer.

inventions need to be improved upon. yours has been.

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Hey, didn't that Yankee General Sherman pretty much annihilate South Carolina nearly 150 years ago?

yes he did. making war upon defenseless old men, women, and children is something you yankee scum don't have the decency to be ashamed of.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 28th, 2013, 03:26 PM
yes he did. making war upon defenseless old men, women, and children is something you yankee scum don't have the decency to be ashamed of.

Why do you need to come here and troll the thread like a 5 year old? I mean seriously? Just leave....

Tribal
September 28th, 2013, 03:26 PM

Georgia Southern has had some success. Just a little.

Lehigh'98
September 28th, 2013, 03:27 PM
The Citadel is the least of my thoughts today. I was Lehigh's biggest critic up until today and will happily swallow crow. It's time they get a nominal amount of respect, not saying they are worldbeaters, but there is absolutely no quit in this team.

CHIP72
September 28th, 2013, 03:29 PM

That's what happens when the Palmetto State takes the lead in trying to break up the greatest country in the world.

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Has Citadel ever made it to the playoffs? I didn't check but I don't think so. Check out the track record of Lehigh, Colgate, Lafayette and very soon from what I've seen, Fordham. You guys at Citadel beat any FBS teams lately? other than App state I don't think you've ever play one. Your conference fro the most part stick to easy marks to boost rankings along with your votes on the board that we don't have. Prediction for Chattanooga @ Alabama last week of the season... 80-0. xlolx

we have been to the playoffs. The Citadel has defeated South Carolina, Arkansas, hudson high, and canoe u. it is very amusing that you yankees can't take any criticism of the conference you play in. you just want to attack. probably why we had to kill 400,000 of you when you invaded us.

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Why do you need to come here and troll the thread like a 5 year old? I mean seriously? Just leave....

if you read the thread I was invited.......haven't you ever seen true blood? you have to invite me in. lol

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 03:33 PM
That's what happens when the Palmetto State takes the lead in trying to break up the greatest country in the world.

we are responsible for it being in existence in the first place. the lobsterbacks whipped y'all. See Cowpens, Kings Mountain, Francis Marion, Yorktown.

Engineer1985
September 28th, 2013, 03:33 PM
I'd love to see College of the Immaculate Word on the Lehigh schedule. How about Mars Hill? These are friggin' community colleges made up of DII and DIII rejects. LU plays 11 legitimate programs every single year and now with schollies. You think SSCU is a pushover? Monmouth? They'd beat Immaculate Word by 50. We play 11 tough games a year. Southern plays 7 even marginally competitive teams at best. But the have all the votes. I don't understand why that is.

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 03:35 PM
I'd love to see College of the Immaculate Word on the Lehigh schedule. How about Mars Hill? These are friggin' community colleges made up of DII and DIII rejects. LU plays 11 legitimate programs every single year and now with schollies. You think SSCU is a pushover? Monmouth? They'd beat Immaculate Word by 50. We play 11 tough games a year. Southern plays 7 even marginally competitive teams at best. But the have all the votes. I don't understand why that is.

legitimate programs? WHAT color is the sun in your world? Mars Hill would finish no worse than 3rd in your league. Y'all just haven't seen enough football outside of your little group to have any understanding.

Engineer1985
September 28th, 2013, 03:36 PM
we have been to the playoffs. The Citadel has defeated South Carolina, Arkansas, hudson high, and canoe u. it is very amusing that you yankees can't take any criticism of the conference you play in. you just want to attack. probably why we had to kill 400,000 of you when you invaded us.

And who won in the end? xlolx And when did you beat Arkansas and South Carolina? 1861? You haven't beat anyone in recent history.

Engineer1985
September 28th, 2013, 03:43 PM
legitimate programs? WHAT color is the sun in your world? Mars Hill would finish no worse than 3rd in your league. Y'all just haven't seen enough football outside of your little group to have any understanding.

This guy is totally nuts. Any Patriot team would take Mars Hill apart. They wouldn't win a game in the Patriot. It's a two year college for god's sake. It's a community college! You're placing them third in a league with full schollies, television coverage and a big time job on graduation versus a position in the food service business? That's hilarious.

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 03:46 PM
And who won in the end? xlolx And when did you beat Arkansas and South Carolina? 1861? You haven't beat anyone in recent history.

and WHAT a get y'all got! South Carolina 1990. Arkansas 1992. Finished regular season in '92 ranked #1 in FCS. Has le high ever done that?

Bogus Megapardus
September 28th, 2013, 03:48 PM

I respectfully disagree. Just like flying the Bars n' Stars, denizens of the Southern Colonies ought to be free to make their point of view known.

Besides, I troll like a 5 year old week in and week out. So I vote that Citdog stays.

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 03:50 PM
This guy is totally nuts. Any Patriot team would take Mars Hill apart. They wouldn't win a game in the Patriot. It's a two year college for god's sake. It's a community college! You're placing them third in a league with full schollies, television coverage and a big time job on graduation versus a position in the food service business? That's hilarious.

dude google is NOT your friend obviously.

http://www.mhc.edu/

don't let your yankee elitist mouth get you in trouble now.....

UNHFootballAlum
September 28th, 2013, 03:56 PM
While I agree that our d played terrible and your qb was all over them, I still don't think that you are an overall better team. Just was better on this given Saturday. Still doubt you would fair better than us in caa play, now you get to play cupcakes besides Fordham for the next 6 weeks..

Let it go! UNH did not deserve to win this game and if they don't get some things straightened out, they will have a rough season

RichH2
September 28th, 2013, 04:11 PM
We need to see a PL team vs. The Citadel one of these days.

Probably would have to be Hoyas for a decent game. Maybe Bison,everyone else would cream them

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Probably would have to be Hoyas for a decent game. Maybe Bison,everyone else would cream them

you really should be telling jokes on a stage somewhere!

Engineer86
September 28th, 2013, 04:18 PM
the CAA is usually quite good. The pl is decent at the top but VERY WEAK at the bottom.

Wow, this is almost a compliment from the puppy

Engineer86
September 28th, 2013, 04:22 PM

Are you talking about your football team?

RichH2
September 28th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Regardless of trolling and sour grapes this was a great win for LU against a very good team. Air lehigh has a lot to do with shredding UNH secondary. Done it to everyone so far. OL had a superb game. Sid before game if we got 100 yds rushing we would win. We did.

Engineer86
September 28th, 2013, 04:23 PM

Actually we called hi out because of all the previous trolling. And by the way, it is no longer true, so now he can go away

Fordham
September 28th, 2013, 04:25 PM
CONGRATS Lehigh!!!!!

Gonna be a helluva game in the Bronx next week!!!

RichH2
September 28th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Are you talking about your football team?
Civil War atrocities is not one you can use w/o recalling Andersonville and others done by South. All war sucks and you guys started it.

Lehigh'98
September 28th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Can't wait for the Fordham showdown!!

Bogus Megapardus
September 28th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Gonna be a helluva game in the Bronx next week!!!

I was watching Fordham @ St. Francis on a second window until the outcome became obvious. Rams will run the table.

Including next Saturday.

Engineer86
September 28th, 2013, 04:35 PM
and WHAT a get y'all got! South Carolina 1990. Arkansas 1992. Finished regular season in '92 ranked #1 in FCS. Has le high ever done that?

Lehigh 106
Penn St 0

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Civil War atrocities is not one you can use w/o recalling Andersonville and others done by South. All war sucks and you guys started it.

Andersonville was NO WORSE than ELMIRA, PT. LOOKOUT, or CAMP DOUGLAS. Our men starved to death in a land of plenty. A higher percentage on Confederate Soldiers who were captured died in YOUR country than yankees prisioners in OURS Y'all even built a tower and charged admission to see it.

Engineer86
September 28th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Andersonville was NO WORSE than ELMIRA, PT. LOOKOUT, or CAMP DOUGLAS. Our men starved to death in a land of plenty. A higher percentage on Confederate Soldiers died in YOUR country.

I agree that is all sad history, now for more recent history. Do you know what happened in 1889?

RichH2
September 28th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Andersonville was NO WORSE than ELMIRA, PT. LOOKOUT, or CAMP DOUGLAS. Our men starved to death in a land of plenty. A higher percentage on Confederate Soldiers died in YOUR country.

C'mon your best defense is that your atrocities were worse than ours. Disengenuous at best and rather heartless at least.

Lehigh'98
September 28th, 2013, 04:54 PM
8,900 in attendance. From what I saw, it looked higher.

cmaxwellgsu
September 28th, 2013, 04:56 PM

Please, the PL is a joke in FCS. The rankings aren't adjusted for your AI.....

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 04:56 PM
C'mon your best defense is that your atrocities were worse than ours. Disengenuous at best and rather heartless at least.

actually there is no comparison. you people were, and are, no better than the huns.

RichH2
September 28th, 2013, 05:02 PM
actually there is no comparison. you people were, and are, no better than the huns.

when pressed you just get ignorant. A shame.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Please, the PL is a joke in FCS. The rankings aren't adjusted for your AI.....

says a Sun Belt member...lol...

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM
when pressed you just get ignorant. A shame.

ignorant? There isn't a building in Atlanta or Columbia older than 1865. Your war criminal sherman ordered the inhabitants out and then burnt their homes. Again, you people don't even have the decency to be ashamed.

gumby013
September 28th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Glad I decided to make the trek over for this one. Good game all.

Sader87
September 28th, 2013, 05:12 PM
ignorant? There isn't a building in Atlanta or Columbia older than 1865. Your war criminal sherman ordered the inhabitants out and then burnt their homes. Again, you people don't even have the decency to be ashamed.

I'm up for burning down the South again....ridiculous portion of the country, holding us back from joining the 21st Century....

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 05:13 PM
I'm up for burning down the South again....ridiculous portion of the country, holding us back from joining the 21st Century....

We'd LOVE to try y'all again!

Bogus Megapardus
September 28th, 2013, 05:14 PM

Still won't surpass Pard attendance, no matter how you try. Won't happen.

The aroma still is just too pungent for most.

cmaxwellgsu
September 28th, 2013, 05:14 PM
says a Sun Belt member...lol...

Yeah, and Temple is a football powerhouse....

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 28th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Yeah, and Temple is a football powerhouse....

We're terrible but I'm not losing sleep. Hoops practice starts this week...

Sader87
September 28th, 2013, 05:16 PM
We'd LOVE to try y'all again!

2 for 1 series???

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 05:17 PM
2 for 1 series???

we played most of the last one at our place. we'll make the trip this time.

Lehigh'98
September 28th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Great football game thread degrades into Civil War recreation.

Bogus Megapardus
September 28th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Sacred Heard @ Bucknell - in high definition:

http://www.campusinsiders.com/network/patriot_league/live

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Great football game thread degrades into Civil War recreation.

decent football game thread upgrades into a discussion of the War Betwixt the States

Bill
September 28th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Isn't it "Northern Aggression" ?xsmiley_wix

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Isn't it "Northern Aggression" ?xsmiley_wix

indeed it was.

JimLU
September 28th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Just curious citidog.......Does Kevin Higgins know where Bethlehem, Pa. is anymore? He had no trouble winning there, but sure has had trouble winning since. Is it the water in Charleston or the talent level relative to the competition?

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 05:46 PM
Just curious citidog.......Does Kevin Higgins know where Bethlehem, Pa. is anymore? He had no trouble winning there, but sure has had trouble winning since. Is it the water in Charleston or the talent level relative to the competition?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMidadrRcpg

Engineer86
September 28th, 2013, 05:57 PM
I agree the back field was filled at the level equal to a Lafayette home game

Lehigh'98
September 28th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Yes, UNH had a decent crowd too.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 28th, 2013, 06:00 PM
I agree the back field was filled at the level equal to a Lafayette home game

Something has changed with the way they count tickets. Maybe there's fewer companies buying up blocks of tickets? I remember a crowd last year that was listed at 6,500 and the stadium was over half full. This has been going on for 5-6 years now. A crowd of 10k 10 years ago meant a fairly full homeside, a decent hill crowd and a small cluster on the away side. Now that equates to 7,500.....

Bogus Megapardus
September 28th, 2013, 06:02 PM
This game is done. Wannabes @ Keggers now on Fox Sports.

You should watch. We watched your game. So you kinda have to.

RichH2
September 28th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Why should I be?First ,I wasn't there. Nor was my family. We didn't come to USA until the 1880s. Secondly,your argument is totally irrelevant to college football.Altho it does bring to mind ,How many descendants of slaves is Citadel fielding now? Just saying....

Kramer
September 28th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Still won't surpass Pard attendance, no matter how you try. Won't happen.

The aroma still is just too pungent for most.

I do believe it's the smell of victory. You guys still remember it, don't you?

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 06:44 PM
Why should I be?First ,I wasn't there. Nor was my family. We didn't come to USA until the 1880s. Secondly,your argument is totally irrelevant to college football.Altho it does bring to mind ,How many descendants of slaves is Citadel fielding now? Just saying....

guilt by association. mine came in 1670's. since the close of the late war football in the South has been a revenge game whenever we play yankee schools. more than le high is I'm sure.

RichH2
September 28th, 2013, 06:59 PM
guilt by association. mine came in 1670's. since the close of the late war football in the South has been a revenge game whenever we play yankee schools. more than le high is I'm sure.
May be so, I guess,rather sad in a way. Not being sarcastic,

PAllen
September 28th, 2013, 07:07 PM
9000 (8998 but come on) about right for attendance based on what I saw on tv. Home side wasn't quite full, with the bank making up the difference to 8000, then about 1000 on the visitor's side.

Go...gate
September 28th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Congratulations to Lehigh on a great win!

ngineer
September 28th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Got home a little while ago and enjoyed the thread, but not as much as the game. A great win for the program, first in regular season over a CAA since 'nova in 2006 (did Towson in playoffs a couple years ago). A strange game in the way the momentum gradually shifted, not suddenly, but you could sense a shift occurring half way through the second quarter.
Lehigh DL very undersized but 'game'. Our young LB's did a nice job of pursuing, but we still had some lousy tackling, just as at Princeton. Offense was efficient..especially the great 3rd down conversions in the second half. BB does not have a canon, but he is smart and finds the open receiver. Kurfis got a lot of attention so Fernandez-Soto got some great face time.
Sherman ran well between the tackles, but WE HAVE TO STOP TRYING TO SWEEP SINCE WE HAVE NO SPEED!!! OL did an excellent job today and the secondary was very good in breaking up passes.

The big curiosity for me was the play calling by UNH. They go 70 yards in two plays on the ground to open the game....AND THEN START THROWING THE BALL?????!!!! Sometimes I think college coaches get too smart for themselves. People 'pooh-pooh' the old Woody Hayes adage of keep doing it until they prove they can stop you, but if UNH had followed that philosophy, the hole we found ourselves in may have been a heck of lot deeper. Of course, we blew some great opportunities for more points and settling for two FGs, and set up one of UNH's on the fumble.

I predicted Lehigh would win this game, not because I thought we would match up better, athletically, but because we have shown the ability to adjust to the opponent, and work as a team. The defense is undersized and inexperienced and have taken the brunt of any malignment of the Mountain Hawks this year, but the last two weeks have shown that they do not rattle, and giving up yardage does not phase them. My prediction was predicated on holding UNH to 30 points or less and voila!. This UNH team virtually beat Central Michigan a few weeks ago and annihilated Colgate (albeit without McCarney, but McCarney doesn't play defense). Based on what I saw today, next week's game is huge. Another measuring stick. Another step on ascending road. This was a quality win over a quality program and about time some of the 'football elites' around here recognized it.

FWIW, I thought the attendance today was in the 10,000+ area. Home stands were full, people on the horseshoe and plaza above, and UNH brought a nice crowd. Along with a number of Lehigh fans who like to sunbath this time of year, the visitors side was about half full.

RichH2
September 28th, 2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks n, official was just under 9000. D has been improving each week as has Oline. Most impressive today was play from mid 2nd to the end. Close to a 60 min game. Now we need to do that every wek and avoid a WTF game

WM2001
September 28th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Good win for Lehigh.

Kramer
September 28th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Thanks n, official was just under 9000. D has been improving each week as has Oline. Most impressive today was play from mid 2nd to the end. Close to a 60 min game. Now we need to do that every wek and avoid a WTF game

The defense will continue to improve (we'll certainly take our lumps against Fordham). Lots of underclassmen contributing.

Go...gate
September 28th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Got home a little while ago and enjoyed the thread, but not as much as the game. A great win for the program, first in regular season over a CAA since 'nova in 2006 (did Towson in playoffs a couple years ago). A strange game in the way the momentum gradually shifted, not suddenly, but you could sense a shift occurring half way through the second quarter.
Lehigh DL very undersized but 'game'. Our young LB's did a nice job of pursuing, but we still had some lousy tackling, just as at Princeton. Offense was efficient..especially the great 3rd down conversions in the second half. BB does not have a canon, but he is smart and finds the open receiver. Kurfis got a lot of attention so Fernandez-Soto got some great face time.
Sherman ran well between the tackles, but WE HAVE TO STOP TRYING TO SWEEP SINCE WE HAVE NO SPEED!!! OL did an excellent job today and the secondary was very good in breaking up passes.

The big curiosity for me was the play calling by UNH. They go 70 yards in two plays on the ground to open the game....AND THEN START THROWING THE BALL?????!!!! Sometimes I think college coaches get too smart for themselves. People 'pooh-pooh' the old Woody Hayes adage of keep doing it until they prove they can stop you, but if UNH had followed that philosophy, the hole we found ourselves in may have been a heck of lot deeper. Of course, we blew some great opportunities for more points and settling for two FGs, and set up one of UNH's on the fumble.

I predicted Lehigh would win this game, not because I thought we would match up better, athletically, but because we have shown the ability to adjust to the opponent, and work as a team. The defense is undersized and inexperienced and have taken the brunt of any malignment of the Mountain Hawks this year, but the last two weeks have shown that they do not rattle, and giving up yardage does not phase them. My prediction was predicated on holding UNH to 30 points or less and voila!. This UNH team virtually beat Central Michigan a few weeks ago and annihilated Colgate (albeit without McCarney, but McCarney doesn't play defense). Based on what I saw today, next week's game is huge. Another measuring stick. Another step on ascending road. This was a quality win over a quality program and about time some of the 'football elites' around here recognized it.

FWIW, I thought the attendance today was in the 10,000+ area. Home stands were full, people on the horseshoe and plaza above, and UNH brought a nice crowd. Along with a number of Lehigh fans who like to sunbath this time of year, the visitors side was about half full.

Agree wholeheartedly. If the defense cannot stop the run, WTH pass any more than necessary?

paward
September 28th, 2013, 09:23 PM
AGS Poll Guy: Are you sure you want to rank Lehigh that high?

Paward: I rest my case!

Kramden
September 28th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Congratulations Lehigh.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 28th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Nice TSN Article on Lehigh....

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4628035

Twentysix
September 28th, 2013, 10:23 PM
AGS Poll Guy: Are you sure you want to rank Lehigh that high?

Paward: I rest my case!

UNH has a pretty bad resume to date. I don't think your case is going to win itself, lol. UNH has one win over 0-4 colgate.

RichH2
September 28th, 2013, 10:31 PM
Nice TSN Article on Lehigh....

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/news/news.aspx?id=4628035

McQuiken,Harris,Rieker,Semptimphelter,Brunner,Mich aelski, Sterrett,Alleva,Stambaugh,Lum,Colvin and there are more. Rare over last 40+ years that we haven't had a good QB and some great

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 28th, 2013, 10:35 PM
McQuiken,Harris,Rieker,Semptimphelter,Brunner,Mich aelski, Sterrett,Alleva,Stambaugh,Lum,Colvin and there are more. Rare over last 40+ years that we haven't had a good QB and some great

You missed Kempa who is on the Mt. Rushmore imo. Stambaugh would join him. The '77 QB has to be on it leaving one spot imo.

Lehigh'98
September 28th, 2013, 10:46 PM
UNH has a pretty bad resume to date. I don't think your case is going to win itself, lol. UNH has one win over 0-4 colgate. They had only played 2 games prior to today. Time will tell, I'm not sure if UNH has the defense to make playoffs for 10th straight yr and the gauntlet of CAA powerhouses they have to play.......Lehigh will be up against it next week at Fordham. I'm not counting them out, but I think they are in for an even tougher test than today. They should be in the top 15-20 this week though.

RichH2
September 28th, 2013, 10:47 PM
77 was Rieker, Glenn another senior star. Just going from memory. I know I'm forgetting at least 2 more. The QB Luke took over for when injured.

Lehigh'98
September 28th, 2013, 10:49 PM
B. Hall and Aylesworth

RichH2
September 28th, 2013, 10:51 PM
They had only played 2 games prior to today. Time will tell, I'm not sure if UNH has the defense to make playoffs for 10th straight yr and the gauntlet of CAA powerhouses they have to play.......Lehigh will be up against it next week at Fordham. I'm not counting them out, but I think they are in for an even tougher test than today. They should be in the top 15-20 this week though.

I have hope.FU Offense more potent but their D is quite bad.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 28th, 2013, 11:45 PM
They had only played 2 games prior to today. Time will tell, I'm not sure if UNH has the defense to make playoffs for 10th straight yr and the gauntlet of CAA powerhouses they have to play.......Lehigh will be up against it next week at Fordham. I'm not counting them out, but I think they are in for an even tougher test than today. They should be in the top 15-20 this week though.

Ya think? After beating the 7th-ranked team in the country and going 14-1 in the last 15 games?

Montana did less and they were somehow ranked ahead of Lehigh. To think, some people criticized my Top 25 in the preseason for not including Montana and ranking Lehigh in the low teens.

RichH2
September 29th, 2013, 12:19 AM
B. Hall and Aylesworth

Thanks. Completely blanked on him.Aylsworth gutsy guy and a very accurate passer but I think a bit further down the list. Marty Horn was the one I forgot. Which then brought to mind Borda and McGowan. Hon.mention s/b made to Keating ,the punter turned QB

Wallace
September 29th, 2013, 01:52 AM
Ya think? After beating the 7th-ranked team in the country...

Massey last week
#37 New Hampshire
#44 Lehigh

Congrats Lehigh on beating a higher ranked team. xbowx

You also beat
#76 Princeton
#80 Monmouth
#110 Cen Conn

4-0 looks nice...

ngineer
September 29th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Massey last week
#37 New Hampshire
#44 Lehigh

Congrats Lehigh on beating a higher ranked team. xbowx

You also beat
#76 Princeton
#80 Monmouth
#110 Cen Conn

4-0 looks nice...

Massey is a deceased actor. What did he know? (;-)

LUHawker
September 29th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Perfect day for a game at Goodman yesterday. The team played great and it was a deserving and solid victory. My son and I discussed whether Lehigh got lucky or was the better team. We both concluded that Lehigh was the better team and this was no fluke. For all the excitement, the game should not have come down to UNH throwing out of the end zone to end the game. Lehigh's prior offensive series should have gotten us 3 points at least or milked some more time off the clock. After they were getting 4-5 yards per carry and burning 25 seconds per play, why the heck t
did they go to the air. They ran four plays and only burned 10 seconds. It is a minor complaint, but they've got to work that better at the end. Still a great win.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 29th, 2013, 11:13 AM
<quoting a bunch of computer indexes that mean nothing>

xlolx

Lehigh Football Nation
September 29th, 2013, 01:06 PM
My happy recap:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/09/lehigh-survives-wildcat-attack-34-27.html

It's remarkable how similar this win was to the one against, say, Central Connecticut State.

LUHawker
September 29th, 2013, 01:33 PM
My happy recap:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/09/lehigh-survives-wildcat-attack-34-27.html

It's remarkable how similar this win was to the one against, say, Central Connecticut State.

I agree, LFN, that there was no grumbling in the stands and I think the fans felt the win was there for the taking. I walked up to see a friend who was seated below the press back at half-time and announced "I think we have a team." W discussed that all the confidence was on the Lehigh side and there was a quiet confidence in the stands - not usually the case for the grousing group that sits below the press box.

MSUBobcat
September 29th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Congrats to Lehigh on the victory but take it with a grain of salt. The thread's title is "the Overrated Bowl" and UNH was clearly shown to be highly overrated. #7 in some poll a LU fan said and #11 in the AGS poll even though they have 1 win against winless Colgate and gave CMU its only win so far this year. Not sure how they got to #11, but I'd bet they are outside the top 20 after this weekend, maybe even not ranked. I think UNH falls a lot more than Lehigh climbs.

Engineer86
September 29th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Congrats to Lehigh on the victory but take it with a grain of salt. The thread's title is "the Overrated Bowl" and UNH was clearly shown to be highly overrated. #7 in some poll a LU fan said and #11 in the AGS poll even though they have 1 win against winless Colgate and gave CMU its only win so far this year. Not sure how they got to #11, but I'd bet they are outside the top 20 after this weekend, maybe even not ranked. I think UNH falls a lot more than Lehigh climbs.

UNH almost beats an FBS team and demolishes Colgate. Yet the Lehigh haters will kill them for the immortal sin in the third game of losing to Lehigh. IF UNH turns out to do well in the CAAwill anyone on this board come back and admit that Lehigh and Fordham are pretty good from the PL.

It is clear that the board does view LU to be any good. If Lehigh finds a way to beat Fordham this week, I predict Fordham will drop like a rock, but Villanova will not be impacted.

And I have not been on the LU bandwagon, just amused by the bias led by the puppy.

Wallace
September 29th, 2013, 06:09 PM
...[quoting polls that mean nothing]...

can't have it both ways chuckles

Lehigh'98
September 29th, 2013, 06:28 PM
Had anyone been posed the question on Friday if this would have been a good win for LU, the answer would have been yes. UNH may not be a great team, but their history has shown they are a consistent top 15 FCS team. I will take this win with a grain of salt for now and see how the rest of the season plays out, but Lehigh deserves credit for this win.

MSUBobcat
September 29th, 2013, 06:29 PM
UNH almost beats an FBS team and demolishes Colgate. Yet the Lehigh haters will kill them for the immortal sin in the third game of losing to Lehigh. IF UNH turns out to do well in the CAAwill anyone on this board come back and admit that Lehigh and Fordham are pretty good from the PL.

It is clear that the board does view LU to be any good. If Lehigh finds a way to beat Fordham this week, I predict Fordham will drop like a rock, but Villanova will not be impacted.

And I have not been on the LU bandwagon, just amused by the bias led by the puppy.

IF, and that's a big IF, UNH does well in the CAA, then this is a quality win for LU. However, demolishing 'Gate, who gave Albany what could very well be their only win all year, and almost beating a bad CMU team (UNH is their only win) means UNH is not a top 25 team, IMO. They may improve, but their resume so far is awful and they were ranked too high due to their history (2011 EWU, 2012 Montana and UNI ring any bells?).

Engineer86
September 29th, 2013, 06:35 PM
IF, and that's a big IF, UNH does well in the CAA, then this is a quality win for LU. However, demolishing 'Gate, who gave Albany what could very well be their only win all year, and almost beating a bad CMU team (UNH is their only win) means UNH is not a top 25 team, IMO. They may improve, but their resume so far is awful and they were ranked too high due to their history (2011 EWU, 2012 Montana and UNI ring any bells?).

Lets be honest though, their biggest fault is losing to Lehigh, who finally played a full game I a year and a half

MSUBobcat
September 29th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Had anyone been posed the question on Friday if this would have been a good win for LU, the answer would have been yes. UNH may not be a great team, but their history has shown they are a consistent top 15 FCS team. I will take this win with a grain of salt for now and see how the rest of the season plays out, but Lehigh deserves credit for this win.

I agree and gave credit for the win. I honestly hope it doesn't turn out to be another case of LU trying to schedule good OOC teams only to have that team $h!t the bed in the year they play. Historically UNH would have been a good win. So far in 2013 it's not looking that great. A close loss to an FBS team and demolishing a playoff FCS team started off as a good resume, but those 2 teams failed to win any other games this year (0-7). Not as impressive anymore.

MSUBobcat
September 29th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Lets be honest though, their biggest fault is losing to Lehigh, who finally played a full game I a year and a half

Their biggest fault is they are 1-2 with only RI and Albany as "easy" games remaining. I think it's very possible that UNH finishes below .500, which makes them not a quality win. Lots of season left though. Things can and do change quickly.

Lehigh'98
September 29th, 2013, 07:17 PM
At least it sets up a great mid season game with Fordham if nothing else. If we can beat Fordham, even if we slip up and dont win the league (FU ineligible) then we should still get an at large.

LehighU11
September 29th, 2013, 07:56 PM
At least it sets up a great mid season game with Fordham if nothing else. If we can beat Fordham, even if we slip up and dont win the league (FU ineligible) then we should still get an at large.

Which raises the question: if Lehigh manages to win at Fordham, but loses to the PL champ, could there be 3 PL teams in this year's expanded palyoff field? Assuming a 10-1 Fordham, 10-1 Lehigh, x-x (6-0 PL) PL champ.

I'm still amazed by the complete team effort we saw yesterday. Defense was classic bend, don't break like our 2010 and 2011 teams, minus the presence of a Pierce/Groome/C. Newton. Sophomores Robb and Kondas were impressive and showed some great promise for the next 3 years, while Muhammad and Ward put in their usual strong performances. Aside from a few overthrown passes, BB is continuing to progress and put up killer numbers. He played extremely confident behind some superb O-line play, and it doesn't hurt that the receiving corps is both talented and reliable. Can't forget to mention the play by Farrell, Sherman, and Hayden either. Glad to see that we finally established the run for the first time in a while.

And to think that just 3 weeks ago at halftime vs. CCSU, I was concerned that we could potentially be headed to Columbia 0-5...

Engineer86
September 29th, 2013, 08:09 PM
Which raises the question: if Lehigh manages to win at Fordham, but loses to the PL champ, could there be 3 PL teams in this year's expanded palyoff field? Assuming a 10-1 Fordham, 10-1 Lehigh, x-x (6-0 PL) PL champ.

I'm still amazed by the complete team effort we saw yesterday. Defense was classic bend, don't break like our 2010 and 2011 teams, minus the presence of a Pierce/Groome/C. Newton. Sophomores Robb and Kondas were impressive and showed some great promise for the next 3 years, while Muhammad and Ward put in their usual strong performances. Aside from a few overthrown passes, BB is continuing to progress and put up killer numbers. He played extremely confident behind some superb O-line play, and it doesn't hurt that the receiving corps is both talented and reliable. Can't forget to mention the play by Farrell, Sherman, and Hayden either. Glad to see that we finally established the run for the first time in a while.

And to think that just 3 weeks ago at halftime vs. CCSU, I was concerned that we could potentially be headed to Columbia 0-5...

If Fordham loses to Lehigh, they will drop like a rock in the AGS poll. I highly doubt the PL would get more than one team in other than Fordham, if they beat Lehigh

RichH2
September 29th, 2013, 08:45 PM
If Fordham gets an at large, PL guaranteed 2 teams in playoffs. As to polls clearly a lot of season left. If it plays out on current trajectory I think it likely both get in no matter who wins on Saturday

Lehigh Football Nation
September 29th, 2013, 10:40 PM
If Fordham goes 10-1 or 9-2 they are a mortal lock for the playoffs because they've beaten Temple AND Villanova. You can choose to ignore one but not both.

Lehigh could win an at-large with a 10-1 or 9-2 record but it would depend on Fordham's and UNH's trajectory the rest of the year. Given that UNH has been nationally ranked for the last 130 weeks, I'm not all that concerned yet, despite the fact some on here are trying to call them overrated for the mortal sins of (chortle) losing to an FBS team and a nationally-ranked opponent at their place.

UNH Fanboi
September 30th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Lehigh played well but I have a feeling the significance of this win will diminish as the seasons progresses. UNH will probably get blown out by Towson next week and god knows what will happen after that. Not to take away from Lehigh's victory, but the UNH defense is awful and, outside of the running game, the offense hasn't looked great either.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 30th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Lehigh played well but I have a feeling the significance of this win will diminish as the seasons progresses. UNH will probably get blown out by Towson next week and god knows what will happen after that. Not to take away from Lehigh's victory, but the UNH defense is awful and, outside of the running game, the offense hasn't looked great either.

So do us all a favor and beat Towson for us... xlolx

heath
September 30th, 2013, 11:44 AM
If Fordham goes 10-1 or 9-2 they are a mortal lock for the playoffs because they've beaten Temple AND Villanova. You can choose to ignore one but not both.

Lehigh could win an at-large with a 10-1 or 9-2 record but it would depend on Fordham's and UNH's trajectory the rest of the year. Given that UNH has been nationally ranked for the last 130 weeks, I'm not all that concerned yet, despite the fact some on here are trying to call them overrated for the mortal sins of (chortle) losing to an FBS team and a nationally-ranked opponent at their place.
11-1 or 10-2

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Given that UNH has been nationally ranked for the last 130 weeks, I'm not all that concerned yet, despite the fact some on here are trying to call them overrated for the mortal sins of (chortle) losing to an FBS team and a nationally-ranked opponent at their place.

If Fordham gets an atlarge the PL will have 2. No way in hell the PL gets 3 teams in.