PDA

View Full Version : NDSU @ SDSU: The Battle for the Dakota Marker

Pages : 1 [2]

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Jensen needs to get rid of the ball.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Offense has been running the ball.....continue to run.

Bison56
September 28th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Can noone get open? Has al day to throw.

TILIS-BisonFan
September 28th, 2013, 04:20 PM
unless SDSU gets a homerun play I cant see them sustaining a scoring drive

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Can noone get open? Has al day to throw.

Jensen needs to tuck it and run like he did in the 1st half.

Bisonator
September 28th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Brock needs to just take off. He's got lanes just run it.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Some luck for the Bison. Fumble out of bounds.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Holy crap Crockett is kicking ass

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 04:29 PM
TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 04:29 PM
TD Bison. Crockett. 13-0 NDSU. 10 min left in the 4th Q

BisonFan02
September 28th, 2013, 04:30 PM
And a missed XP....ball probably didn't get 4 feet off the ground.

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Record crowd at Coughlin Alumni Stadium. 16,498. Breaks the previous record, also against Bison in 2007.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Bison D can pretty much end it here with a stop

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 04:39 PM
holy crap, nice run by Jensen

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Nice run by Ojuri!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1st and goal

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Jenson has not had a great day throwing, but he can sure run the ball. Bison still up 13-0 with 6 min left in the 4th

TennBison
Game is in the bag with a score here

Bison56
Typical Bison 4th quater .

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 04:41 PM
TD Jensen....

4 minutes and change left

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 04:42 PM
TD Bison. Jenson keeper and that will do it. 20-0 NDSU

Bisonator
This ones about over. NDSU leading 20-0 with under 5 min left.

BisonFan02
When in doubt....run the VEER! :D

citdog
September 28th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Bison do nothing special BUT WIN

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I have to give some love to the SDSU D. They played some great ball, but the Bison O just started to wear them down in the 4th

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Now it gets chippy

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Fat Lady Me, ME, ME,

Bison O-line absolutely rick rolling the Jacks D.

Bison O pulling the same ***** that did vs K STate.

Good luck the rest of the season Bison.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Bison do nothing special BUT WIN

Nothing but win!

I'll take it.

marenlee
Really Jacks? Keep it classy. Sam thing happened last game when the game was out of hand.

jacksfan29
September 28th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Now it gets chippy

Personal foul Bison, losing their cool?

Sorry, weary of Bison fans running their mouth about their high moral standards.

marenlee
September 28th, 2013, 04:49 PM
Good non-call by the officials. I was about to blow a gasket if they would have called that as personal foul.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 04:50 PM

Sorry, weary of Bison fans running their mouth about their high moral standards.

What personal foul?

He led with his forarm....

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 04:51 PM

Not at all, a lot of emotions and this is football not patty cake. I like the fight that each team shows.

marenlee
September 28th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I think it's pretty obvious looking at last year's playoff game and this year's about the chippiness.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Bison are better period!

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 04:52 PM
-27 yards rushing for the Jacks. Wow. Great job by the Bison D

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 04:56 PM
Dakota Marker stays where it should!

TILIS-BisonFan
September 28th, 2013, 04:57 PM
-32 yards rushing. averaging 2 yards per play overall. Next weeks game is huge in the MVC

Bisonwinagn
September 28th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Bison defense came to play and were impressive!! Congrats.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 05:03 PM
LOL...ZZ run for 200+ against Nebraska and neg yds against the Bison.

xlolx

JSUBison
September 28th, 2013, 05:11 PM
LOL...ZZ run for 200+ against Nebraska and neg yds against the Bison.

xlolx

Bohl>Cat lover Pelini

IBleedYellow
September 28th, 2013, 05:13 PM
This defensive unit is scary.

Moto X

Hammerhead
September 28th, 2013, 05:17 PM
True that. Two shutouts in a row and averaging 8 points per game so far this year.

This defensive unit is scary.

Moto X

IBleedYellow
September 28th, 2013, 05:18 PM
True that. Two shutouts in a row and averaging 8 points per game so far this year.

The scary part is SDSU is still a good team. Very good team.

Moto X

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 05:33 PM

Moto X

Good team...yes.

They need to beat UNI

344Johnson
September 28th, 2013, 06:38 PM

Moto X

We were watching two different games. I thought SDSU looked mediocre. That said, I see them going like 7-4.

mmiller_34
September 28th, 2013, 06:43 PM
We were watching two different games. I thought SDSU looked mediocre. That said, I see them going like 7-4.

8-4. 12 game season.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 06:45 PM
8-4. 12 game season.

Two more losses?

To whom?

344Johnson
September 28th, 2013, 06:47 PM
Two more losses?

To whom?

I'll go UNI and some 'surprise' ala Indiana State in the Fargodome last season.

mmiller_34
September 28th, 2013, 06:52 PM
I'll go UNI and some 'surprise' ala Indiana State in the Fargodome last season.

This.

Dissapointed as a Jackrabbit today. There will be better days.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 07:50 PM
It's funny Bison fans seem disappointed how they won and Jack fans seem disappointed how they lost.

mmiller_34
September 28th, 2013, 08:03 PM
It's funny Bison fans seem disappointed how they won and Jack fans seem disappointed how they lost.

What does it mean????

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 08:07 PM
What does it mean????

Probably that Bison fans didn't like all the miscues that the Bison had today and Jacks fans are disappointed in the run game.

IBleedYellow
September 28th, 2013, 08:07 PM

We played a bad first half. We have high expectations for our team. We had more penalties in the first half of this game than our first three games.

Sorry we think highly of our team and have frustrations when we don't play to our ability.

Moto X

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 08:21 PM
Probably that Bison fans didn't like all the miscues that the Bison had today and Jacks fans are disappointed in the run game.
This is correct.

mmiller_34
September 28th, 2013, 08:22 PM
We played a bad first half. We have high expectations for our team. We had more penalties in the first half of this game than our first three games.

Sorry we think highly of our team and have frustrations when we don't play to our ability.

Moto X

You shouldn't apologize for that. Rabbit fans feel the same about our team.

Drblankstare
September 28th, 2013, 08:25 PM
The Jacks fans I've talked to tonight did not like the fact that it was a pass first offense. The Bison fans I've talked to, feel like it should have never been close for 3 qtrs. Mistakes and bad execution on O.

mmiller_34
September 28th, 2013, 08:40 PM
The Jacks fans I've talked to tonight did not like the fact that it was a pass first offense. The Bison fans I've talked to, feel like it should have never been close for 3 qtrs. Mistakes and bad execution on O.

My primary complaint about our offense was that it was the same vanilla **** that hasn't worked against the Bison the past four years now.

Not that it would have made much of a difference... But there was zero effort to get the run going in a non-traditional sense--no draws, no misdirections (a couple screens). Our coaches need to get more creative. If they don't I honestly think that we'll never reach a 10-win season.

Sumner was fine for the better part of the first half. However, once it was obvious that SDSU gave up on the run the Bison were able to lick their chops and bring the pressure. Sumner got sacked how many times?? 6, 7? Then he was rattled.

Wit it that said, this Bison squad is insane. We have an above-average FCS O-Line and our boys were completely out gunned. It was a fun, intense, game with an ending that wasn't really surprising. But it still stings. Best rivalry in the Dakotas.

swaghook
September 28th, 2013, 08:41 PM
The penalties, fumbles and bad snap among other issues made this game frustrating to watch as a Bison fan. The low snaps have been bad since game 1 today it could have cost a turnover.

Twentysix
September 28th, 2013, 08:54 PM
SDSU probably loses to SIU and UNI. They wont ever look this bad again though. Their bread and butter is running the ball, and that was entirely taken away.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 28th, 2013, 08:54 PM
The penalties, fumbles and bad snap among other issues made this game frustrating to watch as a Bison fan. The low snaps have been bad since game 1 today it could have cost a turnover.

Colville needs to get this straightened out fast. His 1st year at center probably has something to do with it.

SiouxFallsJack
September 28th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Congrats on the win today!

clenz
September 28th, 2013, 09:39 PM
So...can we finally say SDSU is a very one dimensional team without getting blasted for it?

BisonBacker
September 28th, 2013, 09:50 PM
So...can we finally say SDSU is a very one dimensional team without getting blasted for it?

I've been saying that for some time now.

RabidRabbit
September 28th, 2013, 09:56 PM

IMHO. No the Jacks are not 1-D. Bison d is that good. It will be VERY interesting to see how UNI/NDSU plays out. IMHO, given the BCS wins each team (UNI/NDSU) and dominant wins over top 20 FCS teams, UNI and NDSU are the 1 & 2 teams in the FCS. If Jacks lose another game this season, it's likely to be UNI.

Bison are a VERY SOLID & COMPLETE team. They made mistakes vs the Jacks, and still surrendered 0 points. As a Jacks fans, I'm NOT a happy camper. As an impartial watcher of football, the Bison are an amazing team. The offensive line of the Bison were phenomenal. Brock Jensen is not a great QB. But within that Bison offense, and his abilities, he is much more than he would be elsewhere. He doesn't run much. But most of the time, when he does, he is gets yards.

mmiller_34
September 28th, 2013, 10:03 PM

No. Bison D can force anyone to be 1-D.

Twentysix
September 28th, 2013, 10:03 PM

We shall see next week.

clenz
September 28th, 2013, 10:06 PM
Here's what I mean by one dimensional

If Zenner isn't going for 150 plus SDSU isn't going to win
OR
If Zenner going for 150+ isn't enough offense SDSU isn't going to win
OR
To sum it up
SDSU isn't going to beat anyone that forces them to do so through the air

That's been proven time and time again - see NDSU x3, UNI, YSU, or SIU.

Sumner is a serviceable QB right now, but he isn't going to scare any defense in anyway, and the defenses he might are the defenses that ZZ is going to run all over.

DJ was held to 86 yards tonight (on 16 carries) but UNI threw for over 300 yards to get the W.

Jensen may not ever put up huge numbers, but if the running game for NDSU isn't working, you know for a fact he is going to find a way to get a W (or get really damn close). I'm not sure anyone, except the SDSU homers, believe Sumner has that capability.

I don't trust anyone except Zenner on that offense - and I mean anyone - to do anything to get a W.

To me, that is the definition of one dimentional

clenz
September 28th, 2013, 10:08 PM
There's difference between being forced to be 1D because of the defense and actually being 1D.

It's been shown 6 or 7 times the last two seasons that unless Zenner is putting up huge numbers (and sometimes even when he does) SDSU isn't going to win.

mmiller_34
September 28th, 2013, 10:10 PM

OR
OR
To sum it up

Sumner is a serviceable QB right now, but he isn't going to scare any defense in anyway, and the defenses he might are the defenses that ZZ is going to run all over.

DJ was held to 86 yards tonight (on 16 carries) but UNI threw for over 300 yards to get the W.

Jensen may not ever put up huge numbers, but if the running game for NDSU isn't working, you know for a fact he is going to find a way to get a W (or get really damn close). I'm not sure anyone, except the SDSU homers, believe Sumner has that capability.

I don't trust anyone except Zenner on that offense - and I mean anyone - to do anything to get a W.

YSU hasn't beaten SDSU since 2007. SIU hasn't beaten SDSU since Zenner and Sumner have been around. So I'm confused.

in the past two meetings between SDSU and YSU:
Sumner-- 700 yards, 9 TDs, 2 ints

in the past two meetings between SDSU and SIU:
Sumner-- 600 yards, 5 TDs, 2 ints

What you mean to say is SDSU can't beat NDSU and UNI.. which is true.

mmiller_34
September 28th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Tough for us Jacks to say that Sumner can't win games with his arm when we've seen it so many times--he's about to break the school record for passing yards.

mmiller_34
September 28th, 2013, 11:08 PM
There's difference between being forced to be 1D because of the defense and actually being 1D.

It's been shown 6 or 7 times the last two seasons that unless Zenner is putting up huge numbers (and sometimes even when he does) SDSU isn't going to win.

SDSU's last 8 losses have been to UNI, NDSU, or an FBS team.

RowdyRabbit
September 28th, 2013, 11:58 PM

You're right. I didn't realize that. Insane.

DJKyR0
September 29th, 2013, 12:44 AM
Now I want to see what a four-dimensional team looks like.

Maybe it's the annual Drunk Dash talking, bot woah.

taper
September 29th, 2013, 12:51 AM

That's nuts. SDSU is still a very good team, very good possibility we'll see them again this year.

LeeshaJo
September 29th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Congrats Bison Fans, Your D was everything you have been claiming and more, which is hard to believe. My take from the game as a Jacks fan.

Our D is better than I thought. I trusted our O going into this game and honestly, still do. Your D Line didn't let anything on the run more than a yard deep and if Zenner had the ball your guys knew where he was instantly. Where ZZ is good is when he can get momentum and a step, not happening against your D line. In two seasons the Bison are the only team to stop him. I don't think many teams can do that. I think maybe you are in his head a bit.

I didn't Think Sumner played a bad game. We had many dropped passes that should have been caught. And, when the D knows you are going to pass every play, it makes it easier to get at the QB.

I still hold my breath every time our special teams is on the field, EVERY TIME.

I enjoyed the Bison fans that were sitting in front of me, very knowledgeable, friendly guys.

Next week is going to be huge for the Jacks season. Need to shake off these two weeks and come out and play. I don't think we have put a complete game together yet this season. Would be fun to see what we can do if the O and D are both working the same game.

Anyway, I HATE to lose to the Bison, but will pull for you the rest of the season, unless we see you in the playoffs again, in which case... well you know...lol

Good game today.

frozennorth
September 29th, 2013, 02:59 AM
sdsu had been doing well in the passing game.

IBleedYellow
September 29th, 2013, 06:12 AM
I have to credit SDSU's defense, they played well and probably helped create some of our mistakes.

This is just game 1 of the Valley grind. Let's do it boys!

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 29th, 2013, 06:39 AM

Maybe to some degree but Sumner is a good passer. SDSU has lost to NDSU the last 5 times they have played; hard to judge the team against just one other team they have played.

ZZ and Sumner are very good players...it is just the Bison defense is that good.

h5322rsh
September 29th, 2013, 08:27 AM
The old Johnny Cash song comes to mind after yesterday. I don't like it(outcome of the NDSU VS SDSU GAME) but I guess things happen that way.

h5322rsh
September 29th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Maybe to some degree but Sumner is a good passer. SDSU has lost to NDSU the last 5 times they have played; hard to judge the team against just one other team they have played.

ZZ and Sumner are very good players...it is just the Bison defense is that good.
According to Mike Hardie, in the presser, the D worked on ZZ and his moves all week. Its a shame our O line did not work on controlling the line of scrimmage.

NDSUtk
September 29th, 2013, 08:39 AM
I didn't Think Sumner played a bad game. We had many dropped passes that should have been caught. And, when the D knows you are going to pass every play, it makes it easier to get at the QB.

I agree with this. The first half, Sumner was able to pick apart our zone and make those 7-10 yard passes. The wind didn't help for the passing game on either side. Would have liked to have seen NDSU's dbacks play a little better coverage that first half. If we don't play tighter coverage next week, UNI could have another 300+ yard passing day.

Professor Chaos
September 29th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Let me preface this by saying I've never coached football at any level so I'm sure SDSU's coaching staff has forgotten more about coaching then I'll even know but how can they only give Zenner 8 carries in a game that was tied or a one score game until the 10 minute mark in the 4th quarter? Everyone could see that Zenner was getting stuffed but they had to know their only chance was to ride him. I don't know if the Bison defense was in the head of Zenner but they definitely appeared to be in the head of SDSU's OC.

buffalobill
September 29th, 2013, 11:25 AM
NDSU vs Nebraska might actually turn out to be an interesting match-up. To bad after watching the NDSU vs SDSU game it couldn't be a reality.

Bisonoline
September 29th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Let me preface this by saying I've never coached football at any level so I'm sure SDSU's coaching staff has forgotten more about coaching then I'll even know but how can they only give Zenner 8 carries in a game that was tied or a one score game until the 10 minute mark in the 4th quarter? Everyone could see that Zenner was getting stuffed but they had to know their only chance was to ride him. I don't know if the Bison defense was in the head of Zenner but they definitely appeared to be in the head of SDSU's OC.

The Bison D wasnt in the head of Zenner. It was in the head of Stig who basically gave up on the run.

Thundar
September 29th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I have never been to an away game were afterwards we were treated so poorly, they had an octoberfest event downtown, and they wouldn't serve us because we were bison fans, and the people were flat out rude

totally changed my perception of SDSU and the fans. one guy told me to get the f*** out of Brookings when we walked into the bar. I was shocked anyone else have any experiences like that

NoDak 4 Ever
September 29th, 2013, 05:49 PM
I have never been to an away game were afterwards we were treated so poorly, they had an octoberfest event downtown, and they wouldn't serve us because we were bison fans, and the people were flat out rude

totally changed my perception of SDSU and the fans. one guy told me to get the f*** out of Brookings when we walked into the bar. I was shocked anyone else have any experiences like that

we went down right after the game so we were in pretty mixed company. A couple of people were really nice to us walking down the street. I was with some older people (I'm not a young kid myself) so maybe nobody wanted to challenge us. The service was slow but only because the place was packed.

mmiller_34
September 29th, 2013, 05:56 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

There are those in every fan base. As I was driving out of the game a few NDSU fans were taunting me as I went by. I'm sure alcohol had an impact in my experience as well as yours.

NDSUstudent
September 29th, 2013, 06:09 PM

Yes. They have now replaced the gophers as the worst fan base in the region. We were told to get the f*** out of a bar because he ( a sdsu fan) goes there 7 days a week. We saw a guy (sdsu fan) throw a punch at a girl who was wearing a NDSU jersey at Skinners. Numerous bad experiences after the game Saturday and I was the DD for family and friends.

Hope Brookings burns to the ground. Also, if anyone says this is not a true rivalry you haven't been to a game.

I expect taunting from both sides but sdsu fans getting in the face of girls wearing NDSU colors and throwing a punch is beyond classless.

Thundar
September 29th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Yes. They have now replaced the gophers as the worst fan base in the region. We were told to get the f*** out of a bar because he ( a sdsu fan) goes there 7 days a week. We saw a guy (sdsu fan) throw a punch at a girl who was wearing a NDSU jersey at Skinners. Numerous bad experiences after the game Saturday and I was the DD for family and friends.

Hope Brookings burns to the ground.

wow so it wasn't just me, I really did not expect or believe it. I laughed off the instance because it's expected to get a little crap but then I realized it wasn't joking around, girl in my group was scared so we left

Twentysix
September 29th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Got a little bit of, **** the bison etc, around town in brookings.

not a word after the game.

tjamz
September 29th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Night before the game a former player (not sure his name, just went by what others said) was in Cubby's and would spit on bison fans who had their back turned to him... then was trying to instigate a fight with anyone who would listen to his **** talking. We left as he wasn't worth it. ****ing classless. Most of the fans were ok, but that guy was a BIG arsehole!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

NDSUstudent
September 29th, 2013, 06:57 PM
wow so it wasn't just me, I really did not expect or believe it. I laughed off the instance because it's expected to get a little crap but then I realized it wasn't joking around, girl in my group was scared so we left

I know exactly what you're talking about. We had to walk two groups of NDSU ladies to their cars because they didn't feel safe.

I get the taunting and expect that from both fan bases but when you try and intimidate women that is a new low.

Bison fans just want to drink and be merry.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 29th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Name names. What bars were you threatened in? We'll know not to go there next time we're in Brookings.

NDSUstudent
September 29th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Name names. What bars were you threatened in? We'll know not to go there next time we're in Brookings.

Mostly at Skinners. Some at Cubbys.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 29th, 2013, 07:10 PM
Mostly at Skinners. Some at Cubbys.

Skinners is that kind of place. We were at Cubby's and nobody did ****. It does not surprise me that someone goes drinking 7 days a week there.

Twentysix
September 29th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Skinners is that kind of place. We were at Cubby's and nobody did ****. It does not surprise me that someone goes drinking 7 days a week there.

Well, when you can't go to Burger King cause your place of residence can't keep them around... I mean I get why they drink 7 days a week. :p

Thundar
September 29th, 2013, 07:40 PM

cubbys was was the worst, they literally chased us out. was unbelievable

NoDak 4 Ever
September 29th, 2013, 07:42 PM
cubbys was was the worst, they literally chased us out. was unbelievable

admittedly, we went there when it was still early and lots of Bison fans were eating. In fact, it was my suggestion we go there because I knew they had food and enough room. Was it later in the evening when the younger crowd probably started hanging out?

Thundar
September 29th, 2013, 08:02 PM
admittedly, we went there when it was still early and lots of Bison fans were eating. In fact, it was my suggestion we go there because I knew they had food and enough room. Was it later in the evening when the younger crowd probably started hanging out?

9:30 or 10

NoDak 4 Ever
September 29th, 2013, 08:05 PM
9:30 or 10

That makes sense then. All the sensible people had gone home by then and it's just the alcohol fueled assholes still around.

NDSUstudent
September 29th, 2013, 08:10 PM
That makes sense then. All the sensible people had gone home by then and it's just the alcohol fueled assholes still around.

At 9:30? How old are you? LoL

clenz
September 29th, 2013, 08:16 PM
There's is a huge shift between the 9 and 10 hour in the bar crowd.

I'm 25 and hate being in most bars after 930 because it's the drunk, douche bag,asshole based crowd from them until 2ish when the bars close

Sent from a, likely, NSA tracked device

deez_na
September 30th, 2013, 08:37 AM
Nice win. Sounds like some real classless ***holes you guys ran into. They need to get over it and realize it's just a game. Talk some fun smack but don't be complete losers

NoDak 4 Ever
September 30th, 2013, 08:44 AM
At 9:30? How old are you? LoL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjF93E4LjlA

Actually, 41 but close enough.

Thundar
September 30th, 2013, 08:49 AM

it wasn't just drunk college kids, unless the people serving were drunk when they wouldn't serve bison fans

I learned one thing, next game I go to in Brookings I will spend zero money there.

classless on the businesses part and the fans

aces1180
September 30th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I'll add my two-cents about this game...

The only fans I had issue with at the game were SDSU students...The ones that were standing next to the fence behind the Bison bench were looking to start fights with Bison fans...We were directly behind them in the first row of section T, so we really gave them crap (no cussing or name calling, just smack about their school)...It got so bad that one of them was tossed by the police. His buddies continued to lip-off, but they didn't say much when the Bison put the Bunnies away.

I was again disappointed with SDSU's poise at the end of the game...Once again, they had a PF penalty when the game was virtually over. Coach Bohl was irate and let Stig know that it wasn't appreciated...I also watched the post-game handshake and Bohl didn't have much to say. Not really surprising, considering what has happened in the last three games between these two teams.

Finally, the bathroom situation on the East side is absolutely embarrassing. I've been to high school stadiums that provide more facilities than those available at CAS.

Otherwise, great win for the Herd and I look forward to UNI this week.

BISON Thunder
September 30th, 2013, 09:22 AM
...the SDSU fans I talked with before and after the game were nice and fun to talk football with. Perfect day for football. Like others have said however, that port a potty situation behind the east stands continues to be incredible. For just a little more money, SDSU could make the game day experience so much better...but they refuse to do so. To have to miss fifteen minutes of the game because god made us have to pee is, well, a pisser.

i_got_a_fever
September 30th, 2013, 09:37 AM
I know exactly what you're talking about. We had to walk two groups of NDSU ladies to their cars because they didn't feel safe.

I get the taunting and expect that from both fan bases but when you try and intimidate women that is a new low.

Bison fans just want to drink and be merry.

Yeah, because no Jacks Fan has ever gone into Chub's in fargo, and had service refused and his wife and other women in the group called ***ches. Yeah fargo, and ndsu fans are so different. I like Brookings, you like fargo, and I hope fargo burns to the ground.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 10:14 AM
it wasn't just drunk college kids, unless the people serving were drunk when they wouldn't serve bison fans

I learned one thing, next game I go to in Brookings I will spend zero money there.

classless on the businesses part and the fans

I spent 24.72 at the gas station, to buy gas. :D I no halp SD economy.

BisonBacker
September 30th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Yeah, because no Jacks Fan has ever gone into Chub's in fargo, and had service refused and his wife and other women in the group called ***ches. Yeah fargo, and ndsu fans are so different. I like Brookings, you like fargo, and I hope fargo burns to the ground.

http://static.neatoshop.com/images/product/54/5554/I-Flunked-Anger-Management-Mug_25924-l.jpg?v=25924

NoDak 4 Ever
September 30th, 2013, 11:01 AM

I'd be really interested to know if this was a first hand account because I know the owner and I'm sure he wouldn't approve. I've seen people walk in there with Sioux gear and have no problems. You guys aren't as big a deal as them.

Twentysix
September 30th, 2013, 11:02 AM
29 North Dakota State AA = 78.71 4 0

Wow, our highest sagarin ranking ever?

NDSUstudent
September 30th, 2013, 11:46 AM

Being called **tches is different from being physically threatened. Stay classy SDSU fans.

Evolution Prime
September 30th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I am sorry you guys had a negative experience on your trip to Brookings. Not trying to make excuses since there is not excuse for this type of behavior, but every town is going to have those type of idiots. I find that bar "regulars" are one of the worst. The truely believe that this is their bar and anything disrupting the flow of their good time needs to be taken care of. Unfortunately, some bar owners will cater or bend over backwards for these guys to keep their business. I personally did not see anything happen when I was bar hopping during the night. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I wish your view of SDSU fans wasn't ruined by a couple jerks, but it looks like it has.

BirdieJack
September 30th, 2013, 01:39 PM
In an attempt to get the discussion back to the game. The score was 7-0 when this occured early in the 4th quarter. Considering the utter lack of production by our offense for the 1st 3 quarters, would've it matter??? We'll never know.

http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions-so-little-time/953/photo-did-sdsu-player-recover-crocketts-fumble-cleanly/ (http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions-so-little-time/953/photo-did-sdsu-player-recover-crocketts-fumble-cleanly/)

side note...I believe the fumble was recovered apparently "out of bounds" around mid-field...I might be wrong about that, but it was somewhere around there. The Bison continued that drive with 6 points making it 13-0 after a blocked PAT.

Go Jacks!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 30th, 2013, 01:40 PM
In an attempt to get the discussion back to the game. The score was 7-0 when this occured early in the 4th quarter. Considering the utter lack of production by our offense for the 1st 3 quarters, would've it matter??? We'll never know.

http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions-so-little-time/953/photo-did-sdsu-player-recover-crocketts-fumble-cleanly/ (http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions-so-little-time/953/photo-did-sdsu-player-recover-crocketts-fumble-cleanly/)

Go Jacks!

That screen shot is 1/30th of a second from the entire video. It doesn't show clear possession with no movement of the ball AT ALL. It is not conclusive in the slightest.

BirdieJack
September 30th, 2013, 01:44 PM
That screen shot is 1/30th of a second from the entire video. It doesn't show clear possession with no movement of the ball AT ALL. It is not conclusive in the slightest.

Depends on who you're a fan of I guess. Someone other than a Bison/Jack fan want to chime in??

Go Jacks!!

Professor Chaos
September 30th, 2013, 01:56 PM
I'll concede that it could've been called either way. I'll also say that it wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome of the game except for it being 13-0 (possibly - NDSU did kneel at the end of the game inside the Jackrabbit 5) instead of 20-0. So fretting over it makes little sense.

Also be aware that the guy who posted that article is a radio shock jock that lives to rile up Bison fans in order to drum up caller action for his show.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 30th, 2013, 01:58 PM
I'll concede that it could've been called either way. I'll also say that it wouldn't have made a difference in the outcome of the game except for it being 13-0 (possibly - NDSU did kneel at the end of the game inside the Jackrabbit 5) instead of 20-0. So fretting over it makes little sense.

Also be aware that the guy who posted that article is a radio shock jock that lives to rile up Bison fans in order to drum up caller action for his show.

McFeely's a dip****. He should be smart enough to know that a screen cap can't tell the story as much as slowed down video but to try to conflate the two is absurd.

Bisonoline
September 30th, 2013, 02:02 PM
There was nothing conclusive about control as the players back is towards the camera. You cant tell where he actually gains control of the ball.

Professor Chaos
September 30th, 2013, 02:03 PM
McFeely's a dip****. He should be smart enough to know that a screen cap can't tell the story as much as slowed down video but to try to conflate the two is absurd.
Oh, he is smart enough to know that. He just knows that this will get posted all over Bisonville and other various places where there are rabid NDSU followers and it will get people to tune into his show and even call him to argue about it. He's consistently proven that he'll gladly play the role of contrarian if it comes to arguing against NDSU. Then he can be lazy and just take calls and argue with Bison fans all day instead of actually having to come up with creative content to discuss on his radio show.

LeeshaJo
September 30th, 2013, 02:04 PM
There was nothing conclusive about control as the players back is towards the camera. You cant tell where he actually gains control of the ball.

Wasn't that just after the questionable No TD call for the Bison? I remember thinking at that point the Refs were being equally questionable for both teams. Either call could have gone either way. and for honesty's sake I didn't think he had control before he slid out of bounds, as much as I wish it would have been otherwise. I didn't have a good angle on the Bison play to make a judgement.

tjamz
September 30th, 2013, 02:14 PM
I am sorry you guys had a negative experience on your trip to Brookings. Not trying to make excuses since there is not excuse for this type of behavior, but every town is going to have those type of idiots. I find that bar "regulars" are one of the worst. The truely believe that this is their bar and anything disrupting the flow of their good time needs to be taken care of. Unfortunately, some bar owners will cater or bend over backwards for these guys to keep their business. I personally did not see anything happen when I was bar hopping during the night. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. I wish your view of SDSU fans wasn't ruined by a couple jerks, but it looks like it has.

My experiences were with the former players in Cubby's on Friday. One of them was pretty cool actually (Danny Batten) and seemed to keep the other guys (don't know their names, Batten mentioned they were former players) in check a bit, but one guy was literally spitting on NDSU fans backs as they walked by him and another kept yelling at NDSU fans that brushed up against him on the way to the bar (the place was packed). Basically both of them were just pushing people to fight them without having the balls to just walk up and do it... their mentality spread throughout the rest of the drunk fans and the place got hostile fairly quick. My group left before **** hit the fan, but it was not a fun place to be. Not sure if a fight ever actually broke out and don't care. Wanting to kick someones ass just because they walked into a bar wearing an opposing teams gear is stupid. I never got treated like this at UND bars back in the day, makes me sad that someone from a school that I have respect for would indiscriminately just start spitting on people. I'll never go back to Cubby's and I'm likely to not even spend the night at a hotel down there going forward, I really don't want to contribute to Brookings economy after that.

Evolution Prime
September 30th, 2013, 02:21 PM
Can't say I dont blame you. I was never a real frequenter of Cubby's except for the occational meal and a couple get togethers. As former players, they should no better as that looks bad for the team, the estsablishment, SDSU and Brookings. I am surpried it happened at Cubby's as I never thought of it as a place that would go on in. The Lantern, however, I could see something like that going on.

BisonBacker
September 30th, 2013, 03:58 PM
Haven't gone back through to read this entire thread but I looked at the Argus Leader and holy cow watching the post game presser not only was I not impressed with Stig in some of his answers but the players just looked totally beaten. Yes they lost a game and it was to NDSU which I know they get up for more than any other game in the conference but wow. They did not want to be there and when asked about next week the answers and looks on their faces just was amazing. If I was a fan of SDSU watching the players and then listening to the coach I'd be more than worried. Just an overall complete downer. Coach didn't have answers and the players looked so downtrodden. Wow.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20130929/SPORTS0202/309290039/Bison-rise-above-Jackrabbits-shutout?nclick_check=1

KUlawJack
October 1st, 2013, 10:15 AM

OR
OR
To sum it up

Uh, you're wrong on the bolded. We won both of those games last year. Sumner threw for 350/5 TDs against YSU and led an 80-some yard scoring drive in less than 2 minutes to beat SIU. He also threw for 284/and the game winning TD. Just thought that needed to be clarified as you continually make this error as it relates to both of those two games from last year.

Twentysix
October 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM
Depends on who you're a fan of I guess. Someone other than a Bison/Jack fan want to chime in??

Go Jacks!!

The play happened right infront of me. He was clearly out of bounds before getting control of the ball. The amount they moved the ball back was also ridiculous, they said the ball bounced something like 11 or 12 yards after it came out.

bisonboone11
October 1st, 2013, 11:42 AM
From watching it on TV, I couldn't tell one way or another (I didn't go back and look at it though either). The video clip on that website didn't show anything though. As you mentioned, the player's back was towards the camera. You can clearly see that the ref that was on the side of this camera angle deferred to the other to make the call.

KUlawJack
October 1st, 2013, 11:43 AM
The play happened right infront of me. He was clearly out of bounds before getting control of the ball. The amount they moved the ball back was also ridiculous, they said the ball bounced something like 11 or 12 yards after it came out.

The father of one of the guys I sit with was watching at home. He watched it about 10 times, including in slow motion, and then texted us that it was a clean recovery in bounds. That was his take on the situation.

It would not have mattered. We could not move the ball at all.

Twentysix
October 1st, 2013, 11:44 AM
The father of one of the guys I sit with was watching at home. He watched it about 10 times, including in slow motion, and then texted us that it was a clean recovery in bounds. That was his take on the situation.

It would not have mattered. We could not move the ball at all.

From my in person seat right in front of the play, I side with the refs, except for their placement of the ball at the end of the play.

Houndawg
October 1st, 2013, 02:45 PM
My experiences were with the former players in Cubby's on Friday. One of them was pretty cool actually (Danny Batten) and seemed to keep the other guys (don't know their names, Batten mentioned they were former players) in check a bit, but one guy was literally spitting on NDSU fans backs as they walked by him and another kept yelling at NDSU fans that brushed up against him on the way to the bar (the place was packed). Basically both of them were just pushing people to fight them without having the balls to just walk up and do it... their mentality spread throughout the rest of the drunk fans and the place got hostile fairly quick. My group left before **** hit the fan, but it was not a fun place to be. Not sure if a fight ever actually broke out and don't care. Wanting to kick someones ass just because they walked into a bar wearing an opposing teams gear is stupid. I never got treated like this at UND bars back in the day, makes me sad that someone from a school that I have respect for would indiscriminately just start spitting on people. I'll never go back to Cubby's and I'm likely to not even spend the night at a hotel down there going forward, I really don't want to contribute to Brookings economy after that.

I know some folks going up there this week, I'll warn them to steer clear of Cubby's and tell their friends.

lionsrking2
October 1st, 2013, 02:53 PM
I know some folks going up there this week, I'll warn them to steer clear of Cubby's and tell their friends.

We had a large group stop by Cubby's prior to our game with SDSU a couple of weeks ago and had a great time! SDSU fans were warm and gracious and didn't cause any trouble at all. Then again, we're not a seasonal rival, but our overall experience was very positive - minus the six turnovers and 12 penalties.

Evolution Prime
October 1st, 2013, 03:15 PM

I honestly believe this is more of an incident dealing that it was NDSU. I believe that had it been anyone other than NDSU, except USD or possibly UND, that it is doubtful this would have happend. That is a 100s of years worth of rivalry that doesn't go away. I would expect better treatment as I have not heard of this happening before, but obviously can't guarentee that it wouldn't happen again.

Houndawg
October 1st, 2013, 03:17 PM
I honestly believe this is more of an incident dealing that it was NDSU. I believe that had it been anyone other than NDSU, except USD or possibly UND, that it is doubtful this would have happend. That is a 100s of years worth of rivalry that doesn't go away. I would expect better treatment as I have not heard of this happening before, but obviously can't guarentee that it wouldn't happen again.

I guess its different if the jacks win.

Evolution Prime
October 1st, 2013, 03:19 PM

You may have a point there.

KUlawJack
October 1st, 2013, 03:31 PM
We had a large group stop by Cubby's prior to our game with SDSU a couple of weeks ago and had a great time! SDSU fans were warm and gracious and didn't cause any trouble at all. Then again, we're not a seasonal rival, but our overall experience was very positive - minus the six turnovers and 12 penalties.

I think the bolded is a big part of it. It sucks to hear NDSU fans caught some serious BS and idiotic behavior from some SDSU fans. Its embarrassing to all of us. In 10 years frequenting Cubby's I've never heard of any incident like this. That makes it even worse.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2013, 03:34 PM
I think the bolded is a big part of it. It sucks to hear NDSU fans caught some serious BS and idiotic behavior from some SDSU fans. Its embarrassing to all of us. In 10 years frequenting Cubby's I've never heard of any incident like this. That makes it even worse.

LIke I said. We got in and out of there without incident. In fact, the only fan interaction I saw was a Jacks fan failing miserably at pushing up on 2 girls in Bison gear.

IBleedYellow
October 1st, 2013, 03:38 PM
Wasn't that just after the questionable No TD call for the Bison? I remember thinking at that point the Refs were being equally questionable for both teams. Either call could have gone either way. and for honesty's sake I didn't think he had control before he slid out of bounds, as much as I wish it would have been otherwise. I didn't have a good angle on the Bison play to make a judgement.

I'd say this was more obviously wrong than the "missed" TD catch. Our receiver did not maintain possession throughout the entire landing, thus no TD. If you watching this fumble in the game and on the video boards it showed him also losing control before finally coming to rest, hence whey they blew it away.

Evolution Prime
October 1st, 2013, 03:55 PM
LIke I said. We got in and out of there without incident. In fact, the only fan interaction I saw was a Jacks fan failing miserably at pushing up on 2 girls in Bison gear.

This is what I think of when I hear that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/EvolutionPrime/Mobile%20Uploads/roxburykattan2_20131001154919531_zps32e18203.jpg

tjamz
October 1st, 2013, 04:38 PM

This was the day before the game

Houndawg
October 1st, 2013, 05:47 PM
This was the day before the game

Wow. Better stay out of Brookings.

Thundar
October 1st, 2013, 07:49 PM

tell them to stay in Sioux Falls, F Brookings it was a terrible experience.

KUlawJack
October 1st, 2013, 08:51 PM
tell them to stay in Sioux Falls, F Brookings it was a terrible experience.

Again, sorry to hear that. First time I've heard of fans from the opposing team being treated this poorly, especially in Cubby's. That's usually a very friendly atmosphere.

As an aside, I don't think SIU fans will be treated that way. Sad to say the NDSU/SDSU brought out the real bad in some SDSU fans.

NoDak 4 Ever
October 1st, 2013, 09:05 PM
Again, sorry to hear that. First time I've heard of fans from the opposing team being treated this poorly, especially in Cubby's. That's usually a very friendly atmosphere.

As an aside, I don't think SIU fans will be treated that way. Sad to say the NDSU/SDSU brought out the real bad in some SDSU fans.

The only things I missed were George's Pizza and ice cream from the Dairy Bar. Neither would have made the trip home in good shape.