PDA

View Full Version : Go NATS!

89Hen
April 14th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Home opener today for the DC Nationals! The area is pretty pumped and ready to go. Unfortunately, I will not be in attendance but will be watching on TV. My kids gave me a Nats pennant for my birthday today and it's already on display in my office. I'm still a Phillies fan, but this is the first DC team that I can actually root for (except when they're playing the Phils). It's really hard living in city and rooting for a rival city all these years. I'll never be able to root for the Redskins, Caps or Wiz.

89Hen
April 18th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Bump!

Nationals 8-4 .667 -
Braves 6-6 .500 2.0
Marlins 6-6 .500 2.0
Mets 6-6 .500 2.0
Phillies 6-6 .500 2.0

TexasTerror
April 18th, 2005, 09:05 AM
I really think the Braves run at first will come to an end. Yes, it's early, but I have confidence the Marlins could do it. Would love if the Nationals or Phillies bumped all of them though. Anything but the same old Yanks and Braves year-in and year-out would be wonderful...

colgate13
April 18th, 2005, 09:08 AM
M-E-T-S, Mets, Mets, Mets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, I don't like the boys from LaGuardia, but they will make a run, at least until the All-Star break. Maybe this is their year to take the NYC spotlight if the Yanks really do peter out. You gotta believe!

TexasTerror
April 18th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Well, the Mets had the best offseason in baseball. They've done this before, but it seems that they have better fits with the pieces they got this offseason compared to past offseasons where they got some folks that just did not seem to pay off.

I'm interested to see how Beltran does if the Mets start being sluggish. He's not used to all this big time attention that comes from being in the Big Apple. He'd been better off in Houston, but again, I'm an Astros fan, so what more do you expect out of me? Go 'Stros!

faxjusfax
April 18th, 2005, 10:28 AM
M-E-T-S, Mets, Mets, Mets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just kidding, I don't like the boys from LaGuardia, but they will make a run, at least until the All-Star break. Maybe this is their year to take the NYC spotlight if the Yanks really do peter out. You gotta believe!

The big difference in the Mets off-season is that they got younger! No more over-the-hill injury prone players that are past their prime. They WILL make waves. That, andt the Yankess imploding (it has started already) will make this a great summer.

MR. CHICKEN
April 18th, 2005, 11:48 AM
RELAX KNUCKLE-DRAGGERS.....DEY ARE DUH OLD MONTREAL EXPOS!........DEY WILL BATTLE DUH PHILLIES FOR SOLE POSSESSION O' DA CELLAR....BY SEPTEMBER! :nod: [email protected]/frankrobinson!