PDA

View Full Version : Fordham at Temple, Mr. C's Official Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Fordham
September 14th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Ugh. These officials awful

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Not over yet, but I bet Kevin Marshall would make this pressure PAT.

naw i'd shank it so we could win in OT

Mr. C
Marando with the kick for the win. And Temple calls its final time out.

Pard4Life
Come on, Kick the PAT!

Mr. C
Get rid of the icing the kicker time outs, please. I've got another game to get to.

Mr. C
September 14th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Kick is GOOD. Great hold by Wetzel

Mr. C
September 14th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Fordham 30, Temple 29

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Keep the booze away from LU Towel Owl tonight... first Lehigh barely beats bad Monmouth, and now this.. ouch! Scholarships help!

RichH2
September 14th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Congrats Rams on great game. Clear class of PL

Mr. C
September 14th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Fordham calls its second time out after looking at Temple's return team line-up

Mr. C
The longest four seconds in football history

Go Lehigh TU Owl
Keep the booze away from LU Towel Owl tonight... first Lehigh barely beats bad Monmouth, and now this.. ouch! Scholarships help!

Good thing I don't drink...lol...

I thought FU had a better shot of winning. Lehigh actually did SOME good things. Hell, if Temple had BB and Kurfis they might have won this game....

Temple really needs to consider dropping the program imo. This garbage can't continue....

Mr. C
September 14th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Squib kick and and the Temple returner falls down at the 25. 3 seconds left. One final play for Temple

Mr. C
September 14th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Time out Fordham. FINAL ONE.

Pard4Life
September 14th, 2013, 03:24 PM
OMG THIS ISS WORSE THAN THE LAST 10 SECONDS OF A BASKETBALL GAME!!

Mr. C
September 14th, 2013, 03:25 PM
And incredibly, Reilly is sacked by DeAndre Slate on the final play.

Pard4Life
WOW!! CONGRATS FORDHAM! AND jimbo, fordham 65 joltin joe and all of the rams fans on AGS!

Fordham
Oh my God!

Mr. C
FINAL

FORDHAM 30, TEMPLE 29

Vooter
September 14th, 2013, 03:26 PM
HOLY F'ING *****...YEAH, BABY!

Mr. C
And now I am off to Easton, PA for the William & Mary at Lafayette game tonight at Fisher Stadium.

LehighU11
FORDHAM gets the Patriot League its scalp! Congrats Rams!!

Late November game in Hamilton will be tough, but they should run the table in the PL with ease.

Screamin_Eagle174
September 14th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Congrats Rams! FCS doin' it big this year!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 14th, 2013, 03:28 PM
I hope our administration thinks long and hard about continuing this embarrassment year after year. How can the Eagles allow this to continue in front of 15k(?) people? Midnight Madness is in 4 weeks, Thank Goodness!!

kdinva
September 14th, 2013, 03:30 PM
great win for the Rams, Lombardi smiling in heaven, with those big teeth.....

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Fordham's next opponent: Columbia.

Well, that should be interesting.

JSUBison
September 14th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Good win, way to come back after that Temple TD. Fordham now 3-0 and they already played their 2 toughest games. It's early, but the Patriot might get two teams in playoffs and steal an at large.

TheValleyRaider
September 14th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Way to go Rams! xthumbsupx xbowx xthumbsupx xbowx

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 14th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Now you guys should know why I've spend the last 10+ years on a FCS board

LehighU11
September 14th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Good win, way to come back after that Temple TD. Fordham now 3-0 and they already played their 2 toughest games. It's early, but the Patriot might get two teams in playoffs and steal an at large.

Patriot League WILL get 2 teams in, so long as Fordham doesn't fall apart. Rams are ineligible for the PL title and auto-bid because of scholarships.

marenlee
September 14th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Everyone still going to rank nova higher than Fordham? xlolx

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Patriot League WILL get 2 teams in, so long as Fordham doesn't fall apart. Rams are ineligible for the PL title and auto-bid because of scholarships.

and it's BULL**** like that that make people think the FCS is garbage.

CHIP72
September 14th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I hope our administration thinks long and hard about continuing this embarrassment year after year. How can the Eagles allow this to continue in front of 15k(?) people? Midnight Madness is in 4 weeks, Thank Goodness!!

Yeah, today was pretty bad for Temple all around.

The guys at the Temple Scout message board are not a happy bunch right now (and neither am I).

If Fordham beats Lehigh and/or Lafayette, I'm REALLY going to hate the Rams this year (after they already knocked off Villanova and then Temple).

SpeedkingATL
September 14th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Wow, great win Rams!!!

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 14th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Yeah, today was pretty bad for Temple all around.

The guys at the Temple Scout message board are not a happy bunch right now (and neither am I).

If Fordham beats Lehigh and/or Lafayette, I'm REALLY going to hate the Rams this year (after they already knocked off Villanova and then Temple).

Temple has the worst MB posters I've ever seen. It was a trainwreck on Rivals and the Scout board doesn't appear to be any better. There's soo many clueless Temple sports fans that it makes it difficult to have any type of intelligent convos'. I'm TUowl05 on there BTW....

Ivytalk
September 14th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Good job, Fordham!xthumbsupx

CHIP72
September 14th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Temple has the worst MB posters I've ever seen. It was a trainwreck on Rivals and the Scout board doesn't appear to be any better. There's soo many clueless Temple sports fans that it makes it difficult to have any type of intelligent convos'. I'm TUowl05 on there BTW....

I'm CHIP72 on there (and just about every other message board where I post :)).

The thing about the Temple Scout/Owls Daily board is that some of the posters have unrealistic expectations and way, way overestimate what Temple can/will do. For example, I like the Temple Football Forever blog that papreps (aka Mike Gibson) maintains, but he's always unrealistically optimistic about what the Owls will do every season.

Unfortunately, some posters there are equally unrealistic IMO about other aspects of the Temple football program too, like building an on-campus stadium. I'd personally like that, but I think that would be a pain for most people who do/can attend Temple football games.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 14th, 2013, 04:31 PM
I'm CHIP72 on there (and just about every other message board where I post :)).

The thing about the Temple Scout/Owls Daily board is that some of the posters have unrealistic expectations and way, way overestimate what Temple can/will do. For example, I like the Temple Football Forever blog that papreps (aka Mike Gibson) maintains, but he's always unrealistically optimistic about what the Owls will do every season.

Unfortunately, some posters there are equally unrealistic IMO about other aspects of the Temple football program too, like building an on-campus stadium. I'd personally like that, but I think that would be a pain for most people who do/can attend Temple football games.

Unless there's an on campus stadium built I think the programs future should be seriously questioned. We'll never build the type of student/alumni support we need by playing in the cavernous Linc. Maybe the Eagles/state will force the decision upon us. I say go all in with the on campus stadium or stop the insanity. We caught lightening in a bottle with Golden and he ain't coming back....

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Unless there's an on campus stadium built I think the programs future should be seriously questioned. We'll never build the type of student/alumni support we need by playing in the cavernous Linc. Maybe the Eagles/state will force the decision upon us. I say go all in with the on campus stadium or stop the insanity. We caught lightening in a bottle with Golden and he ain't coming back....

Where would you put it? And who would pay for it? I think the city still suffers from stadium fatigue.

And if Temple isn't playing football, it isn't staying in the AAC.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 14th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Where would you put it? And who would pay for it? I think the city still suffers from stadium fatigue.

There is some space near campus. A right size stadium that could be used for HS football games, graduation, concerts, community events would work. I think it is possible.

Temple could easily return to the A10 or try to wiggle their way into BE.

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Temple could easily return to the A10 or try to wiggle their way into BE.

I'd take Temple and UConn tomorrow but in recent years, Freedom Of Information Act requests and public notice laws (particularly with USF) exposed sensitive data about the BE to ESPN and its ACC surrogates. An all-private conference is under no such jurisdiction.

MR. CHICKEN
September 14th, 2013, 07:15 PM

18258.....COSBY'S GOT SOME DUCKETS....BAKE SALE.....TAP DUH GROCERY SHOPPERS......50/50's.....LOTTO TIX.....GET YER GOLD JEWELRY APPRAISED....AWK!

AppMan
September 14th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Pretty shocking win for a team picked to finish last in their low scholarship conference. Just how many schollies do the Rams give?

DFW HOYA
September 14th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Pretty shocking win for a team picked to finish last in their low scholarship conference. Just how many schollies do the Rams give?

The count by school, 2013:

Fordham 60
Lehigh 15
Lafayette 15
Colgate 15
Holy Cross: just under 15
Bucknell: just under 15
Georgetown : 0

The count in 2016:

Fordham 60
Lehigh 60
Lafayette 60
Colgate 60
Holy Cross: approx. 60
Bucknell: approx. 60

Mr. C
September 14th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I was told in the press box this afternoon that Fordham is now at the full allotment of 63 scholarships. This is the fourth year of offering schollies for the Rams.

Fordham
September 14th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Where did you see us picked last?

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 14th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Attendance was announced as 20,042...

Dunphy should send the hoops team to the Bronx tomorrow to kick their arses out of principal....

Go...gate
September 15th, 2013, 01:25 AM
The count by school, 2013:

Fordham 60
Lehigh 15
Lafayette 15
Colgate 15
Holy Cross: just under 15
Bucknell: just under 15

The count in 2016:

Fordham 60
Lehigh 60
Lafayette 60
Colgate 60
Holy Cross: approx. 60
Bucknell: approx. 60

Thought I read on here this summer that BU would not offer a full allotment, maybe 30 - 40 or so.

CFBfan
September 15th, 2013, 07:39 AM
Where did you see us picked last?

I have the same question?? NOWHERE was FU picked last!

RichH2
September 15th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Go..Gate
II had read same re Bucknell. It appears tho that they will go to 60 perhaps a bit slower . Likewise Cross may go to max slightly slower.

dgtw
September 15th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Georgetown needs to join the Pioneer League if they are still going to be non scholarship after everyone else starts givign them.

Vooter
September 15th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Attendance was announced as 20,042...

Dunphy should send the hoops team to the Bronx tomorrow to kick their arses out of principal....

FWIW, the basketball Rams may surprise a lot of people this year...

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 15th, 2013, 01:13 PM
FWIW, the basketball Rams may surprise a lot of people this year...

Pecora has recruited well and the A10 will be down a bit. I could see a run at .500.

Great win for the Rams BTW! Maybe Lehigh can make it 23-2 in a few weeks. The games on my bday after all...

DFW HOYA
September 15th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Georgetown needs to join the Pioneer League if they are still going to be non scholarship after everyone else starts givign them.

Georgetown offers equivalencies which is not allowed in the PFL.

More to the point, while it has no plans to offer scholarships, Georgetown is clearly not interested in the Pioneer model.

If the PL opted to kick Georgetown out, it would veer either to the lower tier of the NEC or as a I-AA independent. There are advantages and (mostly) disadvantages to each scenario but there is plenty of time for another thread to work through those contingencies.

Fordham meets Georgetown Oct. 12. The Rams have won 20 of the last 23 meetings and probably won't be too worried about this one.

JimboCBA72
September 17th, 2013, 01:35 PM
WOW!! CONGRATS FORDHAM! AND jimbo, fordham 65 joltin joe and all of the rams fans on AGS!

Thanks! Needless to say it has been a pretty good three weeks. We have one helluva staff on Rose Hill as evidenced by the fact that most of the kids are recruits of the previous regime. Granted, Nebrich is a top flight QB who followed Joe Moorhead from UCONN but the guts of the team came on board during Masella's era. 1-10 two years ago to where we are today. Livin the dream so please don't wake me up!

JoltinJoe
September 17th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Thanks! Needless to say it has been a pretty good three weeks. We have one helluva staff on Rose Hill as evidenced by the fact that most of the kids are recruits of the previous regime. Granted, Nebrich is a top flight QB who followed Joe Moorhead from UCONN but the guts of the team came on board during Masella's era. 1-10 two years ago to where we are today. Livin the dream so please don't wake me up!

I think also we need to give Masella credit. He pushed the scholarship issue and was able to recruit some great talent to Rose Hill. I can't explain what happened on game day, but I always thought Masella was a good overall fit at Fordham and knew how to get things done. I think some day he would be a great fit in athletic administration in an assistant AD type role.

In the end, Masella left the program in great shape, despite that 2011 season, and he deserves acknowledgment for that.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 17th, 2013, 05:15 PM
I think also we need to give Masella credit. He pushed the scholarship issue and was able to recruit some great talent to Rose Hill. I can't explain what happened on game day, but I always thought Masella was a good overall fit at Fordham and knew how to get things done. I think some day he would be a great fit in athletic administration in an assistant AD type role.

In the end, Masella left the program in great shape, despite that 2011 season, and he deserves acknowledgment for that.

Last year he also helped bring Wagner the NEC's first-ever playoff win. Thought that should be mentioned too.