PDA

View Full Version : ESPN College Gameday coming to Fargo

Pages : 1 [2]

Go Bison
September 21st, 2013, 08:06 PM
Tweet from Chris Fowler:

Chris Fowler ‏@cbfowler (https://twitter.com/cbfowler)7h (https://twitter.com/cbfowler/status/381467763744972800)
Huge thank you to Fargo and #NDSU (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NDSU&src=hash) for one of our favorite @CollegeGameDay (https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay) ever! Bye-Zun fans are incredible. Love to do it again!

Bisonator
September 21st, 2013, 08:47 PM
Agree there were some questionable calls in the game favoring NDSU, I really don't think it mattered though.

Yep. It was over early. Thanks to DSU for the scrimmage though. xthumbsupx

bisonguy
September 21st, 2013, 09:21 PM
Tweet from Chris Fowler:

Chris Fowler ‏@cbfowler (https://twitter.com/cbfowler)7h (https://twitter.com/cbfowler/status/381467763744972800)
Huge thank you to Fargo and #NDSU (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NDSU&src=hash) for one of our favorite @CollegeGameDay (https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay) ever! Bye-Zun fans are incredible. Love to do it again!

Herbstreit had some kind words, as well:

Kirk Herbstreit ‏@KirkHerbstreit 9h (https://twitter.com/KirkHerbstreit/status/381454560687964160) Thank you to #NDSU (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NDSU&src=hash) and the great people of Fargo. We were honored to do our show from your city and showcase your school. What a scene!!!

BisonBacker
September 22nd, 2013, 06:39 AM
Well I'm here to have my helping of Crow. I thought initially the location was a huge mistake. I couldn't have been more wrong. What a party and what a success.

robsnotes4u
September 22nd, 2013, 07:24 AM
I thought it looked awesome downtown with people on the roofs and balconies. Great showing by all who showed, and another dominate performance by NDSU.

Congrats, and thank you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

tjamz
September 22nd, 2013, 09:04 AM
Well I'm here to have my helping of Crow. I thought initially the location was a huge mistake. I couldn't have been more wrong. What a party and what a success.

I was pretty vocal about this as well and was also wrong about a number of things in my thinking. Downtown was crazy to say the least. Tailgating, while full of rigs was devoid of people until after 11. Not necessarily a horrible thing as it was insane after 11, but that is part of the reason why espn didn't broadcast any ground shots from the FargoDome /tailgating lot (that I saw anyway)

RabidRabbit
September 22nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
Saw at least 4 different FCS teams showing up in the signs, NDSU (of course), UND (this isn't a hockey show), SDSU (Phil Hansen picks, + sign in the audience) and Del St (opponent). Any others FCS teams in the audience?

IBleedYellow
September 22nd, 2013, 09:43 AM
In Jeff Kolpack's forum article today:

“We’ve been to every hotbed you can think of. This has been unforgettable,” he said, adding that he hoped to bring the show back.
He followed that up with a tweet that surely drew more cheers from fans:
“Huge thank you to Fargo and #NDSU for one of our favorite @CollegeGameDay ever! Bye-Zun fans are incredible. Love to do it again!”
“We’ll make it a yearly stop if everything falls into place,” Fitting said. “North Dakota State will not fall off our radar. Again, one of the all-time best spots.”

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/412996/

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2013, 11:47 AM

Agreed, they knew what they were doing. I was mad and I was way wrong.

I'm glad they came and I'm glad I went, but I fell asleep around 7pm and just woke up 10 minutes ago... I hope they don't come back until I'm gone :p.

Twentysix
September 22nd, 2013, 11:49 AM
Saw at least 4 different FCS teams showing up in the signs, NDSU (of course), UND (this isn't a hockey show), SDSU (Phil Hansen picks, + sign in the audience) and Del St (opponent). Any others FCS teams in the audience?

Saw a kid with a brown hunting Griz hat. No sign.

Wallace
September 22nd, 2013, 12:13 PM
Walter Payton...

Walter Payton never played FCS or I-AA.

Bison56
September 22nd, 2013, 12:24 PM
I felt the same way but I was also wrong because it turned out to be awesome.

Pyroshane
September 22nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
There was a Montana State flag that someone kept extending and then withdrawing from one of the top floor windows of the building across from the Fargo Theater, but I don't think I ever saw it on the screens.

Hammerhead
September 22nd, 2013, 07:35 PM
We were behind the pit and I didn't notice any other FCS gear except for UND. The big Washington State flag was flying over us and I saw more WSU fans than I do here in Portland. :)

Bisonoline
September 22nd, 2013, 10:08 PM
There were two siouxwege fans outside the BSA. One sign said Bohl plays butt darts. The other Jensen sits when he pees--roll tide. Way to rep stinky forks.

Bison56
September 22nd, 2013, 10:27 PM
There were two siouxwege fans outside the BSA. One sign said Bohl plays butt darts. The other Jensen sits when he pees--roll tide. Way to rep stinky forks.
Really 2 fans seen together?

Gil Dobie
September 22nd, 2013, 10:40 PM

Payton, Buck Buchanan, Deacon Jones, Charlie Joiner etc were mentioned as players that didn't get recruited by the Big Schools, they all played college division or DII. When they showed the list of FCS/I-AA players, they actually played FCS/I-AA.

Bisonoline
September 22nd, 2013, 10:52 PM

Athletic teams are a member of the NCAA Division I-FCS (Football Championship Subdivision) Southwestern Athletic Conference (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwestern_Athletic_Conference), commonly known as the SWAC. All SWAC sports are DI with Football being FCS.

JSUBison
September 22nd, 2013, 11:14 PM
Athletic teams are a member of the NCAA Division I-FCS (Football Championship Subdivision) Southwestern Athletic Conference (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southwestern_Athletic_Conference), commonly known as the SWAC. All SWAC sports are DI with Football being FCS.

He's right, they moved up a couple years after Payton. Sometimes I forget that, but I shouldn't as Bentrim broke Payton's TD record.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 22nd, 2013, 11:35 PM
https://a1-images.myspacecdn.com/images03/26/f64b395a5f5f4f159b3939d37d37f5c3/full.jpg

NoDak 4 Ever
September 23rd, 2013, 07:46 AM

I think I may have been the only one to see it but on the East side of Broadway someone had a Northern Iowa flag hanging out one of the windows. A few minutes later I looked up and it was gone.

deez_na
September 23rd, 2013, 08:07 AM
That UND sign needed to be ripped down. Also how were there 2 kids with und clothes up in front? I can't believe nobody moved them back. Come on

BisonBacker
September 24th, 2013, 03:16 PM
Accolades from ESPN making news about the Fargo Gameday experience. Gotta love the quote..

The senior producer of ESPN’s College GameDay show says Fargo was one of the “all-time best spots” for the program that aired Saturday morning and the sports network would like to return to the home of North Dakota State University football.

or this one.

GameDay producer Lee Fitting said afterward that ESPN will make Fargo a yearly stop “if everything falls into place.” He called it the perfect backdrop for the show

http://wcfcourier.com/sports/football/espn-official-says-fargo-was-perfect-site-for-show/article_077a4d3a-2402-11e3-8fbb-0019bb2963f4.html
(http://wcfcourier.com/sports/football/espn-official-says-fargo-was-perfect-site-for-show/article_077a4d3a-2402-11e3-8fbb-0019bb2963f4.html)
Oh and the fact it was in an Iowa newspaper..Sorry UNI Fans. Ok not really :D

Professor Chaos
September 6th, 2014, 09:20 AM
There was some interesting FCS chatter on Gameday this morning. After Kirk Herbstreit bashed FBS teams scheduling FCS cupcakes Chris Fowler mentioned the NDSU and Weber St game today saying that "It has crucial Gameday implications. File that away."

Gameday producer Lee Fitting already announced that they're going "off the grid" next week which they'll announce at the end of today's show. He was questioned about whether that meant NDSU and reiterated "way off the grid" meaning that NDSU won't be hosting next week. It appears, to me at least, that these signs point to NDSU and Montana being front and center in their eyes for a return to Fargo on 9/20. We'll see what comes of it but there seems to be some fire behind all this smoke.

ESPN did think highly enough of that matchup to petition the schools to move the game to the weekend of 8/23 in the spot EWU and SDSU eventually got but NDSU declined since the Fargodome was booked by some no-namer called Katy Perry that day and I don't think Coach Klieman was too keen on opening the season early with consecutive games against Montana and Iowa St.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2014, 09:35 AM
There was some interesting FCS chatter on Gameday this morning. After Kirk Herbstreit bashed FBS teams scheduling FCS cupcakes Chris Fowler mentioned the NDSU and Weber St game today saying that "It has crucial Gameday implications. File that away."

Gameday producer Lee Fitting already announced that they're going "off the grid" next week which they'll announce at the end of today's show. He was questioned about whether that meant NDSU and reiterated "way off the grid" meaning that NDSU won't be hosting next week. It appears, to me at least, that these signs point to NDSU and Montana being front and center in their eyes for a return to Fargo on 9/20. We'll see what comes of it but there seems to be some fire behind all this smoke.

ESPN did think highly enough of that matchup to petition the schools to move the game to the weekend of 8/23 in the spot EWU and SDSU eventually got but NDSU declined since the Fargodome was booked by some no-namer called Katy Perry that day and I don't think Coach Klieman was too keen on opening the season early with consecutive games against Montana and Iowa St.

NDSU/Montana has a good chance of getting on GameDay.

Wonder if this happens if it will be bigger this year? I think more people would show up this year.

Rockbear99
September 6th, 2014, 09:39 AM
lets hope so. the whole Gameday in Fargo was a blast last year.

IBleedYellow
September 6th, 2014, 09:43 AM
NDSU/Montana has a good chance of getting on GameDay.

Wonder if this happens if it will be bigger this year? I think more people would show up this year.

Hell yeah more people would turn up. UM fans would get here, too, so that's going to add some more color.

Also, I think it should be downtown again if we have the chance to host again.

dewey
September 6th, 2014, 09:44 AM
Here is a picture of a BISON PRIDE flag from Eugene this morning.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2014, 09:47 AM
Hell yeah more people would turn up. UM fans would get here, too, so that's going to add some more color.

Also, I think it should be downtown again if we have the chance to host again.

Downtown was awesome. Although a tailgate show would be off the charts...xthumbsupx

tjamz
September 6th, 2014, 09:57 AM
Downtown was awesome. Although a tailgate show would be off the charts...xthumbsupx

I agree.... Imagine the zip line camera running the length of both tailgate lots (Each lot is 1 block wide by two blocks long and STUFFED full of buses, rv's, tents, fire trucks, etc....)

FargoBison
September 6th, 2014, 09:59 AM
Guessing it would either be in downtown again or in the dome.

IBleedYellow
September 6th, 2014, 10:09 AM
If it had to be around campus could we look into old Dacotah field?

Hammersmith
September 6th, 2014, 11:20 AM
NEXT WEEK!!!! (if we beat Weber)

confirmed lee fitting twitter

https://twitter.com/leefitting

(Bisonville crashed - don't know if this is why or coincidence)

marenlee
September 6th, 2014, 11:23 AM

Holy hell. Was wondering what was going on with BV. I was really hoping for the Montana game. Need a premier FCS matchup. But can't really complain if they do end up coming again.

Thundar
September 6th, 2014, 11:25 AM
and people made fun of us for starting the plans.........love it

JSUBison
September 6th, 2014, 11:27 AM

When I couldn't get on, I figured this was the reason, lol.

344Johnson
September 6th, 2014, 11:29 AM
Lolol. Two years in a row.... Both times awful opponents. Lame

IBleedYellow
September 6th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Bisonville crashed HARD.

Bison56
Wish it would have been the UM game.

marenlee
Bisonville crashed HARD.

Maybe we need to increase donations for more server space?

FargoBison
September 6th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Wish it would have been the UM game.

So do I. Would be nice for them to have an actual game to talk about.

Thundar
September 6th, 2014, 11:36 AM
So do I. Would be nice for them to have an actual game to talk about.

gameday is coming to Fargo again, let's be happy with that, already people bitching it should be a week later on twitter

my god........who cares the opponent, they are coming for NDSU not who they play

IBleedYellow
September 6th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Maybe we need to increase donations for more server space?

Teammakers > Bisonville for donations.

FargoBison
September 6th, 2014, 11:49 AM
gameday is coming to Fargo again, let's be happy with that, already people bitching it should be a week later on twitter

my god........who cares the opponent, they are coming for NDSU not who they play

My comment was more about the FCS in general. NDSU-Montana would be better for the FCS.

As an NDSU fan I am ecstatic they are coming back obviously.

BisonBacker
September 6th, 2014, 11:56 AM
I agree that it's nice that NDSU gets this publicity again if it really happens but good god Incarnate Word? If you think people make fun of this level of football because it's not the "Big boys" playing wait till they get a hold of the "Incarnate Word" references. I'm sorry to the fans of Incarnate word whoever they are but Montana would have been the game to have GameDay showcasing FCS football.

Bison56
September 6th, 2014, 12:07 PM
I'm not bitching I am pumped just wish they had a better game to showcase. As the great Lakes would say " let's get this pumped up"

Rockbear99
September 6th, 2014, 12:08 PM
Holy ****. This is awesome news. I for one could care less who the opponent is. They are there for NDSU and NDSU only.

Bison56
September 6th, 2014, 12:08 PM
My comment was more about the FCS in general. NDSU-Montana would be better for the FCS.

My thoughts exactly. This is great for NDSU but with a better game it would benefit the whole FCS.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 6th, 2014, 12:09 PM
I am glad Incarnate Word is going to be raped on national TV and not Montana, this would have been embarrassing to our program.

BisonBacker
September 6th, 2014, 12:10 PM
People who say NDSU was lucky to win the games against the FBS will just use this game and our opponent to bolster their argument about playing a full schedule of FBS teams is way different than what our schedule is. Yeah it's only one game and then we have the grinder of the rest of our schedule I'm just saying wish it was against a team that people from the FBS have at least heard of. Of all the games on our schedule this is the worst one to showcase NDSU.

Texas
September 6th, 2014, 12:15 PM
People who say NDSU was lucky to win the games against the FBS will just use this game and our opponent to bolster their argument about playing a full schedule of FBS teams is way different than what our schedule is. Yeah it's only one game and then we have the grinder of the rest of our schedule I'm just saying wish it was against a team that people from the FBS have at least heard of. Of all the games on our schedule this is the worst one to showcase NDSU.

No one said lucky. NDSU hasn't beaten the greatest or very good FBS teams... KState was most impressive and they were unranked and very mediocre.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2014, 12:15 PM

Probably true about the worst game to showcase but early in the year there are weeks where there are not 'showcase' FBS games. I'll take it no matter who they play.

BisonFan02
September 6th, 2014, 12:16 PM
No one said lucky. NDSU hasn't beaten the greatest or very good FBS teams... KState was most impressive and they were unranked and very mediocre.

Iowa State is beating K State right now...and driving.

FargoBison
September 6th, 2014, 12:17 PM

They were a fringe top 25 team to start and end the season. Not amazing but respectable.

Say what you want about our other wins, but that one was legit.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2014, 12:18 PM

Mediocre or whatever opposing fans want to say is fine but the fact is that NDSU has beaten those teams and proven it on the field.

LOL....Iowa State just scored on KState again to go up 21-13....but they are ****ty programs right?
xlolx

Texas
September 6th, 2014, 12:20 PM
They were a fringe top 25 to start and end the season. Not amazing be respectable.

Say what you want about our other wins, but that one was legit.

Not saying it wasn't but let's be real. It was the beginning of the season with a new QB. Yeah Bison got better as time went by but not as drastic.

FargoBison
September 6th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Not saying it wasn't but let's be real. It was the beginning of the season with a new QB. Yeah Bison got better as time went by but not as drastic.

It wasn't like their starting QB just got injured. The guy had an entire offseason to be ready and had one of the best receivers in the Big 12 to throw to. It was a good win.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2014, 12:27 PM

LOL...frickin excuses...xcoffeex

BisonBacker
September 6th, 2014, 12:27 PM

God are you that ignorant? They were the defending BigXII Champions. NDSU scheduled the game several years before. Is it our fault they didn't go undefeated? Well actually it was but still if my memory serves me correctly they ended up going to a bowl game and beating Michigan 31-14 and ending the season 8-5. Yeah they sucked xcrazyx

344Johnson
September 6th, 2014, 12:30 PM

I think if they had played at the end of the year K State would have likely won by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

That game was a perfect storm of circumstances.

Texas
September 6th, 2014, 12:30 PM
God are you that ignorant? They were the defending BigXII Champions. NDSU scheduled the game several years before. Is it our fault they didn't go undefeated? Well actually it was but still if my memory serves me correctly they ended up going to a bowl game and beating Michigan 31-14 and ending the season 8-5. Yeah they sucked xcrazyx

Defending but not the 2013 champs and it wasn't even close. So Bison fans are saying more time playing together means nothing? Especially with a new starting QB?

centennial
September 6th, 2014, 12:31 PM

Let's be real here. Your team would lose to ours by 2-4 touchdowns in a year where we lost the head coach and majority of our starters. You have no right to talk.

NDSUSR
September 6th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Right now NDSU would be beating KState by as much as Iowa St is..

Texas
I think if they had played at the end of the year K State would have likely won by 3 or 4 touchdowns.

Bingo.

The game was a huge accomplishment and credit for NDSU beating them but let's not go crazy.

FargoBison
Defending but not the 2013 champs and it wasn't even close. So Bison fans are saying more time playing together means nothing? Especially with a new starting QB?

I don't think it means as much if the QB was being groomed to start for an entire offseason and is playing at home.

The thing is, their QB played well. Made some big plays, their defense had much bigger issues.

marenlee
September 6th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Oh geez. Gotta love hypothetical what ifs. Is that all there is to argue against NDSU?

FargoBison
September 6th, 2014, 12:34 PM

I don't agree at all. I think it would still be a tight game but K-State wins at home...NDSU would beat them in the dome.

Texas
September 6th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Let's be real here. Your team would lose to ours by 2-4 touchdowns in a year where we lost the head coach and majority of our starters. You have no right to talk.

Let's hope we can see that match up.
Only thing you know about us we lost our first game to a top team with a probable Payton award winner.

Thundar
September 6th, 2014, 12:38 PM

wasnt directed at you, worded bad meant the crap towards the twitter people...sorry because yes the um game would have been nice but I'll take it

NoDak 4 Ever
September 6th, 2014, 12:40 PM
Only thing you know about us we lost our first game to a top team with a probable Payton award winner.

Well we know that you can't beat us even with a Payton finalist, so.......?

centennial
September 6th, 2014, 12:40 PM

To be honest you guys should have killed EWU. Don't know why you threw those long balls. For now EWU is overrated.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2014, 01:16 PM

Bison still would have won. Bison got better also.

darell1976
September 6th, 2014, 01:49 PM
Can't wait to see UND fans on Gameday again.

Bison56
September 6th, 2014, 01:54 PM
Both of you going?

NDSUSR
September 6th, 2014, 01:56 PM

http://marketingresourceblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/RidingCoattails.jpg

Thundar
September 6th, 2014, 02:16 PM

more people the better, only makes us look better, every college they go to has fans from many teams

darell1976
September 6th, 2014, 02:18 PM
more people the better, only makes us look better, every college they go to has fans from many teams

They showed a UND flag last year hanging out someone's window.

SUPharmacist
September 6th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Have to wonder why they are maybe coming back so soon. I love it, but outside of the one time novelty why does ESPN care, are they trying to pump the administration towards an FBS move.

344Johnson
September 6th, 2014, 02:22 PM

I could count on one hand how many I saw there last year. I honest to God saw more Michigan fans.

IBleedYellow
September 6th, 2014, 02:24 PM
I could count on one hand how many I saw there last year. I honest to God saw more Michigan fans.
Same here. But I don't really care, they think they matter somehow, which is funny.

darell1976
September 6th, 2014, 02:25 PM

Why would you be there, you don't like Bison football remember.

centennial
September 6th, 2014, 02:25 PM
That's all that matters. UND stronk..

darell1976
September 6th, 2014, 02:28 PM
Same here. But I don't really care, they think they matter somehow, which is funny.

Don't worry IBY we matter in every Bison fans eyes. :)

BisonBacker
September 6th, 2014, 02:28 PM
It's the only way the get a sniff of Gameday as Gameday sure as hell wouldn't go to elforko grande nor could they care less about the club football played in elforko grande.

darell1976
September 6th, 2014, 02:29 PM
That's all that matters. UND stronk..

It must have mattered if ESPN showed it, talked about and Bison fans booed it.

344Johnson
September 6th, 2014, 02:40 PM
Why would you be there, you don't like Bison football remember.

Same reason Washington State has someone there every week. Same reason the Michigan fans were there. It's a fun deal.

I likely won't go this year unless it's somewhere on campus...

BisonBacker
September 6th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Aren't we forgetting something.....Still have to beat Weber tonight first! After today's slate of games and how close things were in some of those games you can't take anything for granted.

IBleedYellow
September 6th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Don't worry IBY we matter in every Bison fans eyes. :)
Only when you're smelling our ass, I guess so.

centennial
September 6th, 2014, 02:54 PM
It must have mattered if ESPN showed it, talked about and Bison fans booed it.
Yes it was a nice 5 seconds about UND, for a show in Fargo about NDSU. Let's talk when you can actually win the BSC and/or actually win something worthwhile about to talk.

darell1976
September 6th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Yes it was a nice 5 seconds about UND, for a show in Fargo about NDSU. Let's talk when you can actually win the BSC and/or actually win something worthwhile about to talk.

Enjoy the ride guys, enjoy the ride.

marenlee
September 6th, 2014, 02:58 PM
Enjoy the ride guys, enjoy the ride.

Pretty sure a lot of people said it was going to end after the Towson game? Well it has shown no signs of slowing down.

darell1976
September 6th, 2014, 03:12 PM
Pretty sure a lot of people said it was going to end after the Towson game? Well it has shown no signs of slowing down.

It surely hasn't after the Iowa St game.

Thundar
September 6th, 2014, 03:42 PM

yep, they showed a NDSU flag today in Oregon.....

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 6th, 2014, 03:59 PM
Aren't we forgetting something.....Still have to beat Weber tonight first! After today's slate of games and how close things were in some of those games you can't take anything for granted.

Bison will roll Weber State.

taper
September 6th, 2014, 04:06 PM
Bison will roll Weber State.

Our last loss was to Indiana State at home. I'm very confident of a win, but we still have to play the game.

No_Skill
September 6th, 2014, 04:15 PM

Congrat-u-funkin-lations.

tjamz
September 6th, 2014, 06:05 PM

So... ISU should have KILLED NDSU this year then using your logic.

Texas
September 6th, 2014, 06:06 PM
So... ISU should have KILLED NDSU this year then using your logic.

Or ISU is flat out terrible and will be competing with Kansas for last place.

centennial
September 6th, 2014, 06:21 PM

Or they aren't and almost beat K-State(ranked 20).

344Johnson
September 6th, 2014, 06:26 PM
Or they aren't and almost beat K-State(ranked 20).

..... They are awful. They are always bad. Notre Dame beat Pitt in overtime in 12. Pitt lost to YSU badly. Was YSU capable of playing with Notre Dame? No.

NDSU curb stomped a bad FBS team. Great! Transitive property has little if any place in collegiate football.

centennial
September 6th, 2014, 06:30 PM
..... They are awful. They are always bad. Notre Dame beat Pitt in overtime in 12. Pitt lost to YSU badly. Was YSU capable of playing with Notre Dame? No.

NDSU curb stomped a bad FBS team. Great! Transitive property has little if any place in collegiate football.
I am not claiming NDSU is beating K-State. Just saying that Iowa State isn't a bad team, they are a middle of the road FCS team. People should stop acting like their team would kick Iowa State in the butt just because NDSU beat them.

X-Factor
September 6th, 2014, 06:44 PM

Soooooooo.......in other news, what is going to be tonights spread against LSU?

Texas
September 6th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Soooooooo.......in other news, what is going to be tonights spread against LSU?

Dunno. Probably high since they are ranked and not complete trash. :)

aces1180
September 6th, 2014, 10:00 PM
It's official!

BisonHype!
September 6th, 2014, 10:30 PM
NDSU, Get ready to GET UP! FOR GAAAAAAAAMEDAY!

Professor Chaos
September 7th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Twice as nice!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bw5g3PNIcAISVAo.jpg

https://www.oneherd.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/NDSU_ESPN_GAMEDAY_ONE_Herd.jpg

paward
September 7th, 2014, 07:50 AM
Priceless! Way to represent.

RabidRabbit
September 7th, 2014, 10:39 AM
It would make it much more interesting if it was Montana rather than Incarnate Word. However, happy that FCS & NDSU get some more national exposure.

Kemo
September 7th, 2014, 11:33 AM
It would make it much more interesting if it was Montana rather than Incarnate Word. However, happy that FCS & NDSU get some more national exposure.
Agreed. I guess I can complain about the Bison/FCS getting exposure from ESPN, but it would be nice if they'd show a good match up. Delaware State and Incarnate Word aren't exactly good representatives of high level, FCS football. The Montana@NDSU game would have been preferred.

AmsterBison
September 7th, 2014, 02:25 PM

Montana would have been awesome. That said, this is a gigantic gift horse and I'm not about to check its dental work.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2014, 02:33 PM
Downtown location again. Good choice. Tailgate area would have been great but downtown is awesome.

MTfan4life
September 7th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Agreed. I guess I can complain about the Bison/FCS getting exposure from ESPN, but it would be nice if they'd show a good match up. Delaware State and Incarnate Word aren't exactly good representatives of high level, FCS football. The Montana@NDSU game would have been preferred.

It's not really FCS exposure though when they pick irrelevant games. It's more of a gimmick. Any other game that Gameday goes to is a "big" game. By going to Fargo on weeks they play terrible teams, they are just showing they have no interest in the game. It's awesome for Fargo and for NDSU, but it really comes across as a joke on FCS. They're basically saying they'll only come to an FCS town when it's a week off and there's no game to be excited about. Kudos to NDSU and Fargo for being a great crowd and for doing this an unprecedented back-to-back years, but half the fun of watching Gameday on tv is the excitement that is in the air about that night's game.

BisonFan02
September 7th, 2014, 07:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bw92T6IIQAEmzMB.jpg

BisonBacker
September 7th, 2014, 07:21 PM

That's hilarious!!! Love it.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 7th, 2014, 07:23 PM
That's hilarious!!! Love it.

That is awesome!!!

Sounds like a lot of students, including my daughter, will be taking the shuttles down...xthumbsupx

Gil Dobie
September 7th, 2014, 08:28 PM

Good old Chub's Pub. Spent many an night and Saturday Morning, solving the world's problems there.

Anyone remember Fran's Chili with the large Jalapeno peppers floating around?

Twentysix
September 7th, 2014, 11:20 PM
I think NDSU running away with the consecutive undefeated record and being 26-0 plays into this more than some realize. Likely a key thing they will focus on for their filler segments.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2014, 09:16 AM
According to ESPN

"We had an unbelievable scene there last year, maybe the all-time best GameDay scene," Fitting said. "If the scene's great and the team's relevant, then why not go back?"
Thousands of Bison fans dressed in green and yellow filled the streets last year and many spectators cheered from windows, patios and rooftops.
The Bison currently sit atop of both Football Championship Subdivision polls. The team downed Iowa State in its first game of the season, 34-14, for its 25th straight victory and its fifth straight win over an FBS school.
"Last year was one of our more memorable scenes in the history of the show and you couple that with the fact that they are clearly the most dominant team, most talked about team in FCS ... we're expecting the same type of scene again on Saturday," Fitting said. "We can't wait."

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/09/07/4333728/college-gameday-returning-to-fargo.html#storylink=cpy

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0ojYThrP5t8/Uj2VpkQHkKI/AAAAAAAAPoY/BrTUZkQIaAs/s1600/BUr6fNKCYAMX9eC.jpg

AmsterBison
September 8th, 2014, 01:01 PM
I think NDSU running away with the consecutive undefeated record and being 26-0 plays into this more than some realize. Likely a key thing they will focus on for their filler segments.

The producer, Lee Fitting, was on the radio today saying that NDSU's fan energy is a big reason for coming back (obviously, they've seen NDSU fans swarm on Minnesota, Kansas State, Iowa State, Frisco, and they saw them in action at the last Game Day.) They know that Bison fans and people from the area will bring the type of energy they want for an ESPN game day backdrop. Cripes, he even knew that NDSU was going to be raising the championship banner and that it was the home opener - so they did their research.

TILIS-BisonFan
September 9th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Lee fitting has made it pretty clear in interviews it's not about the opponent or fcs it's about north Dakota state.

Also made it clear for this to happen south Carolina had to lose and there is a lack of fbs games.

It's not really FCS exposure though when they pick irrelevant games. It's more of a gimmick. Any other game that Gameday goes to is a "big" game. By going to Fargo on weeks they play terrible teams, they are just showing they have no interest in the game. It's awesome for Fargo and for NDSU, but it really comes across as a joke on FCS. They're basically saying they'll only come to an FCS town when it's a week off and there's no game to be excited about. Kudos to NDSU and Fargo for being a great crowd and for doing this an unprecedented back-to-back years, but half the fun of watching Gameday on tv is the excitement that is in the air about that night's game.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Lee fitting has made it pretty clear in interviews it's not about the opponent or fcs it's about north Dakota state.

Also made it clear for this to happen south Carolina had to lose and there is a lack of fbs games.

The funny part about this it just pisses off so many folks just an hour North of here xnodx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2014, 10:39 AM
The funny part about this it just pisses off so many folks just an hour North of here xnodx

not to mention 13 hours west of there.

frozennorth
September 9th, 2014, 11:12 AM
not to mention 13 hours west of there.
has the fanbase three hours southeast flipped out yet?

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2014, 11:18 AM

A few have but so many have realized they have been irrelevant in the eyes of FBS fans for decades that nothing they think matters anyway. Their biggest news coming out of their football program is that the Vikings are playing at the gophers football stadium until the new Vikings football home is built. At least they get to see some good football played on that field.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2014, 12:07 PM

They trolled us on Twitter. I went back and forth with them a bit.

Lehigh'98
September 9th, 2014, 12:12 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Isn't that Canada?

robsnotes4u
September 9th, 2014, 12:20 PM
- - - Updated - - -

Isn't that Canada?

No that would be Grand Forks. I have two kids at UND and went to college in the mid 80's when the Bison use to kill us by 40 at half. Nothing like an ass kicking when it was 20 below zero.

With that said. I am happy for the Bison, they deserve Game Day again. They have upped the bar for everyone.

pvdogteam
September 9th, 2014, 04:03 PM
That is pretty cool, they love their football there. I will be on the lookout for the gameday coverage

RabidRabbit
September 9th, 2014, 05:03 PM
Yes, Bison fans know how to cheer, they're fervent, knowledgeable, and numerous. With the highest # of football titles of ANY TEAM they have earned respect.

It's a challenge to get a ticket to the FARGODOME games (especially if a rival school fan (UND, UNI or SDSU)), but it's amazing adventure, that any FCS fan should consider seeing when your team plays there.

However, once a season is ENOUGH. Hope the selection committee avoids matching up SDSU/NDSU besides at the title game.

Laker
September 10th, 2014, 07:00 AM
I've heard of a team having Walmart fans, but now the Bison have Walmart shirts........... errr, "Bisons". Someone really messed up.

http://www.wday.com/content/bisons-shirts-sale-fargo-walmart

BisonBacker
September 10th, 2014, 08:03 AM
I've heard of a team having Walmart fans, but now the Bison have Walmart shirts........... errr, "Bisons". Someone really messed up.

I saw that last night and just laughed. What a bunch of Rubes!

Bisonator
September 10th, 2014, 01:40 PM
That's walmart for ya. Get the cheapest crap they can from the chinese sweat shops and sell it to morons for 10x what it's worth!

Hammerhead
September 10th, 2014, 03:43 PM
That's worse than Altitude Sports using an outdated logo featuring the brown bison (Also Bisonator's avatar) for the Weber State game. At least it has the lightning bolt so many Bison fans liked with the old approved green and gold image.

http://news.sportslogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/NDSU-Logo11.jpg

Bisonator
September 10th, 2014, 06:54 PM
That's worse than Altitude Sports using an outdated logo featuring the brown bison (Also Bisonator's avatar) for the Weber State game. At least it has the lightning bolt so many Bison fans liked with the old approved green and gold image.

http://news.sportslogos.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/NDSU-Logo11.jpg
I always liked that logo. Wish NDSU would have kept it.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
September 10th, 2014, 06:59 PM

The Wal-Mart in Bozeman sells Montana State gear and has for some time....

BISON Thunder
September 10th, 2014, 08:10 PM
That is pretty cool, they love their football there. I will be on the lookout for the gameday coverage

Courtesy of Bisonville...the College Gameday trucks arrived in Fargo this evening!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZUWpvalMMs&feature=player_embedded

robsnotes4u
September 10th, 2014, 08:14 PM
Years ago my wife would go to Herbergers in Fargo, and buy Montana Grizzlies clothes for pennies on the dollar. I would guess someone was ordering U of M stuff thinking it was for the University of Minnesota, without really looking into it.

I think she got all of our nieces clothes for about 5 years there for Christmas.

marenlee
September 10th, 2014, 09:07 PM
More video of Gameday arriving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZUWpvalMMs&feature=player_embedded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuE9egKt-n8

marenlee
September 10th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Official Gameday Ad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5gbJYx43jc

marenlee
September 10th, 2014, 09:58 PM
From NDSU Athletics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvmA8yt4oxA

marenlee
September 10th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Based on the last video the crowd this year looked much larger.

dewey
September 10th, 2014, 10:23 PM
Boy is Friday night and Saturday going g to be F'ING AWESOME!!!!

We are going to be tailgating all day Saturday before the game so if anyone finds the motor home with the following flags feel free to stop by and say hi.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
September 11th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Look at dis! Look at dis! Look at dis!

Fargo'd.

deez_na
September 11th, 2014, 09:06 AM
It's going to be awesome this weekend!!! GO BISON!

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 11th, 2014, 11:07 AM
When did this happen?

- - - Updated - - -

Never herd a thing about it...........

citdog
September 11th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Never herd a thing about it...........

I see what you did there.........

IBleedYellow
September 11th, 2014, 01:51 PM
Make sure to look for "The Citadel Cut Blocked my other sign!" on Saturday! :D

citdog
September 11th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Make sure to look for "The Citadel Cut Blocked my other sign!" on Saturday! :D

Comedy GOLD that is!

gumby013
September 11th, 2014, 03:04 PM
My signs are ready to go.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/gumby013/IMG_2004.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/gumby013/IMG_2005.jpg

BisonFan02
September 11th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Jim Delany needs Zoltar.

Red & Black
September 11th, 2014, 10:50 PM
My signs are ready to go.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/gumby013/IMG_2004.jpg

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d156/gumby013/IMG_2005.jpg

I guess I don't get the WSU reference...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockbear99
September 11th, 2014, 11:02 PM
I guess I don't get the WSU reference...

WSU always send a flag for gameday because they have not hosted I believe. So if they want to host just play NDSU and then they may get gamday.

Red & Black
September 11th, 2014, 11:08 PM
WSU always send a flag for gameday because they have not hosted I believe. So if they want to host just play NDSU and then they may get gamday.

Interesting, thanks. Shows you how indifferent I am to WSU.

ALPHAGRIZ1
September 11th, 2014, 11:22 PM
I am sure they care............

FargoBison
September 12th, 2014, 04:41 PM
Just heard that Army at Yale is on College Gameday's radar.

Professor Chaos
September 12th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Just heard that Army at Yale is on College Gameday's radar.
Very ugly slate of games that week (9/27) too amongst the big boys. The best game is a Thursday nighter (#12 UCLA at #16 Arizone St). As of now the only other top 25 matchup is #20 Mizzou at #24 South Carolina. It's actually about a 3 week stretch here between this week and that weekend of 9/27 that there's not a lot of attractive games in FBS land. Maybe that explains why Herbie went on his OOC scheduling rant last week.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 12th, 2014, 08:26 PM
My daughter (NDSU student) says a lot of students are going down at 3 am to get in the front to be on TV...xthumbsupx

Many more people will be at this one.

robsnotes4u
September 12th, 2014, 08:58 PM
My daughter (NDSU student) says a lot of students are going down at 3 am to get in the front to be on TV...xthumbsupx

Many more people will be at this one.

My wife and went downtown to eat at Vinyl Taco and have a drink. There was a young man in a chair at the entrance of the arena area waiting to be the first in. Little chilly around here for this time of year, but I am sure he probably has some "antifreeze". Not as many people walking around as I thought there would be. Here are a couple of pics. Nice job on the building.

Didn't go last year, and will not be there tomorrow, but it is a great accomplishment that NDSU should be proud of.

I heard Incarnate Word flew in Larry Owings to give them the pre-game speech.

bisonguy
September 12th, 2014, 09:33 PM
I was walking about downtown around 4:30 and 6:00, and there were significantly more people out than last year around the same times. Sammy's Pizza was packed the entire time, whereas last year there were a lot of open tables

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 12th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I was walking about downtown around 4:30 and 6:00, and there were significantly more people out than last year around the same times. Sammy's Pizza was packed the entire time, whereas last year there were a lot of open tables

6-7K last year.

8-10K this year.

robsnotes4u
September 12th, 2014, 10:23 PM

Good to hear. I wasn't there last year, the night before or the day of. After Vinyl Taco we sat at Fort Knox and had a drink looking out south window towards OB. A lot of people coming from the south about 7:30 making their way north. Don't know where they were parking as we easily found a spot on the west side of the Forum building, which surprised me.

Fans are forecasting more people, which would be great. If figure two things, colder weather, and being the second time, will amount to a smaller crowd. Most people I have talked to say the same, they were there before and that was enough.

Doesn't matter the numbers will be whatever someone wants them to be.

I can say this the Bison faithful should be proud. Downtown Fargo has bought in and is dressed up for the occasion. Fargo, and the FCS should be proud. I don't know if anyone could do it better ( I am not a Bison faithful BTW). There is a reason ESPN came back so soon.

dewey
September 13th, 2014, 12:01 AM
My father in law, myself and my son just got in line with the motor home on 17th ave. Just cracked the first of many beers for tonight.

Go Bison!

Dewey

BisonFan02
September 13th, 2014, 12:15 AM
http://youtu.be/X8p43Y8zHq0

- - - Updated - - -

My father in law, myself and my son just got in line with the motor home on 17th ave. Just cracked the first of many beers for tonight.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Headed to downtown at 4am.....good night and good luck. :D

344Johnson
September 13th, 2014, 12:39 AM
Fun fact. UIW coaches are at the old Broadway. Second fun fact.... Last year I came at 4 am and got a bad spot.

dewey
September 13th, 2014, 01:35 AM
Fun fact. UIW coaches are at the old Broadway. Second fun fact.... Last year I came at 4 am and got a bad spot.

Did you go and say anything to them or wish them luck the rest of the season? At 4 am I will still be sleeping:-) I will be at Gameday later in the morning.

Dewey

darell1976
September 13th, 2014, 01:58 AM
My wife is planning to go there with the kids how far north on Broadway does the crowd go? I told her there is to be more people than last year and it may stretch almost to Sanford Health.

darell1976
September 13th, 2014, 01:59 AM

Did you see Ricky Williams? I still have his Miami Dolphins bobble head.

IBleedYellow
September 13th, 2014, 04:37 AM
3 hours of sleep.... LET'S GET THIS PARTY START BISON NATION!

BisonBacker
September 13th, 2014, 06:45 AM
I'm heading out the door now to see the mayhem. I know I won't get anywhere near the stage but hell I'm going to College Gameday!! Should be a good time.

Tribe4SF
September 13th, 2014, 07:24 AM
Just saw the first shots of Gameday on ESPN. Fargo rocking!

darell1976
September 13th, 2014, 07:52 AM
My wife and son are having a blast by the Fargo Theatre, I am sure they will be on tv.

dewey
September 13th, 2014, 07:53 AM
39 degrees here this morning. We are all set up with the NDSU and Montana flags flying.

Dewey

dewey
September 13th, 2014, 08:53 AM
My son and I are just getting ready to leave the Fargodome and head downtown for Gameday.

He is really excited...so am I!

Go Bison!

Dewey

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2014, 09:11 AM
Saw this sign:

Fargo Past times:

1) Drinking
2) Winning Championships

Lol...

Who had a Washington State flag?

Swore I saw a UNI flag on a rooftop.

Red & Black
September 13th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Nice plug there for VA. :)

NoDak 4 Ever
September 13th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Saw this sign:

Fargo Past times:

1) Drinking
2) Winning Championships

Lol...

They have a group that gets them to every GameDay

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2014, 09:45 AM
you guys having a good time? Looks a bit nippy out there from my view ....

BigDGarciaFan
September 13th, 2014, 09:48 AM
i dont watch Gameday as much as i used to, but seeing the whole town of fargo on the national stage......WOW. the fans are proud of their team, i give them credit. as for the team itself, the Bison should be promoted to the FBS level, they played extremely well against FBS programs.

marenlee
September 13th, 2014, 10:09 AM
The Citadel Cut Block my Other Sign sighting xbowx

blackbeard
September 13th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Great turnout in Fargo!

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 10:32 AM
I am embarrassed for the parents who choose to put their 12 year old girls on TV. Signs should be vetted..

Pard4Life
September 13th, 2014, 10:35 AM
I am embarrassed for the parents who choose to put their 12 year old girls on TV. Signs should be vetted..

Those cut-outs of two girls' heads behind the stage?? Was wondering what's up with those...

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 10:37 AM
Those cut-outs of two girls' heads behind the stage?? Was wondering what's up with those...
Yes. ESPN is cutting away from the right side because of how embarrassing it is.

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2014, 10:46 AM
how about the cardboard cut out of K state fan? where is he?

centennial
September 13th, 2014, 10:48 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3133605/kstatenooo_medium.gif

caribbeanhen
September 13th, 2014, 11:00 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/3133605/kstatenooo_medium.gif

ha, thanks, this is the cutout that should be on gameday, this guy need to be immortalized

marenlee
September 13th, 2014, 11:06 AM
ha, thanks, this is the cutout that should be on gameday, this guy need to be immortalized
He was there. He was peeking around Fowler's shoulders a few times.

Hammersmith
September 13th, 2014, 11:08 AM

He was there quite a bit. Over Fowler's right or left shoulder depending on which camera was being used.

Oops, too slow.

IBleedYellow
September 13th, 2014, 11:41 AM
He was there quite a bit. Over Fowler's right or left shoulder depending on which camera was being used.

Oops, too slow.
We were having fun with him around the shoulders.

darell1976
September 13th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Saw this sign:

Fargo Past times:

1) Drinking
2) Winning Championships

Lol...

My wife was near the person with a South Dakota State Jackrabbit flag. Also nice shoutout on a sign for Dickinson State University.