PDA

View Full Version : Kansas St -38.5 (Home) vs UMass

Lehigh'98
September 11th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Does this mean NDSU would be > 35 pt favs vs. UMass. Seems like the Minutemen have a plethora of problems with their program. One of them being they can't seem to win very often. xtwocentsxxtwocentsx (Yes, I'm still bitter about losing to them in 1998 playoffs).

Professor Chaos
September 11th, 2013, 08:49 PM
NDSU was at -17.5 when the K State line opened so that would make UMass 21 point dogs if they played NDSU on a neutral field.

BisonTru
September 11th, 2013, 09:27 PM
I put this game in to compughterratings simulator. Score NDSU 38, UMass 3. So according to one website, yes.

crusader11
September 11th, 2013, 10:01 PM
UMass would go middle of the pack in the CAA this year. It's almost unimaginable, but they've regressed since transitioning to the FBS. The grass isn't always greener.

Twentysix
September 11th, 2013, 10:38 PM
UMass vs USD, what does it look like? Someone put it in a computer.

Would UMass be the worst team in the MVFC this year?

thebootfitter
September 11th, 2013, 10:57 PM

I believe they would be.

Massey shows the median score as USD 21 to UMass 14, with USD expected to win 64% of the match ups.

Lehigh Football Nation
September 11th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Does this mean NDSU would be > 35 pt favs vs. UMass. Seems like the Minutemen have a plethora of problems with their program. One of them being they can't seem to win very often. xtwocentsxxtwocentsx (Yes, I'm still bitter about losing to them in 1998 playoffs).

That pass interference call was one of the worst I've witnessed live.

Squealofthepig
September 11th, 2013, 11:40 PM
I believe they would be.

Massey shows the median score as USD 21 to UMass 14, with USD expected to win 64% of the match ups.

OK, who's scheduling for Missouri State and how did they not get the Minutemen on their schedule?

(I grew up in Southwest Missouri and, like many of the Cubs fans I was surrounded with in a decade in Chicago, I'm in a perpetual state of hoping the Bears break through to the next level).

URMite
September 12th, 2013, 11:04 AM

Hey, some of us are bitter about your playoff game before that one. xbawlingx

marenlee
September 12th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Kansas State covers. Book it!

Lehigh'98
September 12th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Hey, some of us are bitter about your playoff game before that one. xbawlingx

The blocked xtra point is what ultimately did you in that game..Great game though !!

Lehigh'98
September 12th, 2013, 11:37 AM
That pass interference call was one of the worst I've witnessed live.

Ha, I was screaming at the ref on the field. Blood was boiling.

NIU007
September 12th, 2013, 02:54 PM
I think UMass fans would tell you they regressed because of their previous coach, not due to FBS. I sure hope they get better soon, the MAC didn't need any additional bad teams.

bkrownd
September 12th, 2013, 03:04 PM
I think UMass fans would tell you they regressed because of their previous coach, not due to FBS. I sure hope they get better soon, the MAC didn't need any additional bad teams.

Akron does.... xsmiley_wix

Hammerhead
September 12th, 2013, 03:17 PM
The Sagarin ratings have UMass just 0.39 points ahead of South Dakota who is the lowest ranked team in the MVFC. Sagarin predicts NDSU would beat UMass by 14 on a neutral field.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2013/conference/

NIU007
September 12th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Akron does.... xsmiley_wix

LOL, good point. I believe Akron is making the effort. Unlike most of us they have a new stadium, and hired a Bowden to hopefully turn it around. Hopefully UMass will turn it around too.

thebootfitter
September 12th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Hammerhead: "Sagarin predicts NDSU would beat UMass by 14 on a neutral field."

That's actually pretty funny. Though it is early in the season for the computer models to be very accurate. And NDSU doesn't always run up the score on lesser competition.