PDA

View Full Version : Twins President Chyme's in on NDSU & UND Rivalry

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

NoDak 4 Ever
September 10th, 2013, 08:03 AM
This thread is still going? Geeze guys let it go already...

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/archive/1/11/20080202231407%21Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

What else do you want to talk about? Our thrilling opponent BYE this week?

Bisonator
September 10th, 2013, 08:08 AM
What else do you want to talk about? Our thrilling opponent BYE this week?

Anything is better then this same old song and dance. It just makes both sides look like chit!xblehx

I'll start a new thread for the game against Bye! xlolx

Bisonoline
September 10th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Only Prarie view and Ferris were buyout replacements the others....oh that's right you also did a home and home with SOUTH DAKOTA when they were in the GWFC, lots of recognition there.

They all filled a void. It wasnt about recognition. Nice try. I am sure you dont want to talk about the tomato cans that were on your schedule. xlolx

Grizzlies82
September 11th, 2013, 12:15 AM
BSC screwed up by not taking NDSU when it had the chance
UND screwed up by sticking with the name bull**** for so long.
BSC and UND screwed up by joining up.

UND is in a significantly worse position than NDSU. They can say whatever they want about the summit. NO WAY would I switch places with UND.

Don't fool yourself, it made no sense for the Big Sky to take NDSU when the Bison were needing a home. Nor did it make much sense with UND (with or without So Dakota backing out). Don't misunderstand, I've no problem with the Bison or Sioux. It is just because of distance. You all are Midwestern teams and belong in conferences over there. Ultimately I suspect this new Big Sky configuration will fail. It is too unwieldy and we have co-conference "champs" who've never played each other. Then, as pointed out, the distances are just ridiculous. Is Youngstown any further away than Bozeman, Missoula, or Sacramento? The solution is for NDSU to man up and help their cousins to the north and get UND into the MVC. Then you can play each other as they should. Enough of the excuses, the two universities should be regular opponents.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Don't fool yourself, it made no sense for the Big Sky to take NDSU when the Bison were needing a home. Nor did it make much sense with UND (with or without So Dakota backing out). Don't misunderstand, I've no problem with the Bison or Sioux. It is just because of distance. You all are Midwestern teams and belong in conferences over there. Ultimately I suspect this new Big Sky configuration will fail. It is too unwieldy and we have co-conference "champs" who've never played each other. Then, as pointed out, the distances are just ridiculous. Is Youngstown any further away than Bozeman, Missoula, or Sacramento? The solution is for NDSU to man up and help their cousins to the north and get UND into the MVC. Then you can play each other as they should. Enough of the excuses, the two universities should be regular opponents.

Perhaps you're right, but will UND come? It seems to me they rather like the Big Sky and WAC for baseball.

I've put a proposal on the table that I think is very reasonable:

Summit Football:
NDSU, UND (add from Big Sky), SDSU, USD, Western Ill, Eastern Ill (add from OVC)

Summit Basketball:
NDSU-UND, SDSU-USD, WIU-EIU, Denver-Omaha, IUPUI-IPFW
(Note: UND would get to play hockey rivals and new conference mates Denver and Omaha in bball and other sports)

Summit Baseball:
NDSU-UND, SDSU-Omaha, WIU-EIU, IPFW
(Note: I think the NCAA will give Summit a waiver to the 6 team rule for autobid, but nonetheless having 7 teams is better)

EIU is doing very well so far in football this season and would be a great conference rival for WIU.

Summit football would obviously obtain a scheduling agreement with the teams left in the MVFC as they would also need one to fill their schedules.

-OR-

Perhaps the MVFC continues to be the umbrella with separate Summit and MVC divisions, but that gives the Summit less control over who it can invite and when. And the NCAA won't give the conference two auto-bids. Separate conferences is the better option.

robsnotes4u
September 11th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Perhaps you're right, but will UND come? It seems to me they rather like the Big Sky and WAC for baseball.

I've put a proposal on the table that I think is very reasonable:

Summit Football:
NDSU, UND (add from Big Sky), SDSU, USD, Western Ill, Eastern Ill (add from OVC)

Summit Basketball:
NDSU-UND, SDSU-USD, WIU-EIU, Denver-Omaha, IUPUI-IPFW
(Note: UND would get to play hockey rivals and new conference mates Denver and Omaha in bball and other sports)

Summit Baseball:
NDSU-UND, SDSU-Omaha, WIU-EIU, IPFW
(Note: I think the NCAA will give Summit a waiver to the 6 team rule for autobid, but nonetheless having 7 teams is better)

EIU is doing very well so far in football this season and would be a great conference rival for WIU.

Summit football would obviously obtain a scheduling agreement with the teams left in the MVFC as they would also need one to fill their schedules.

-OR-

Perhaps the MVFC continues to be the umbrella with separate Summit and MVC divisions, but that gives the Summit less control over who it can invite and when. And the NCAA won't give the conference two auto-bids. Separate conferences is the better option.

That is a nice idea, I would miss watching the big sky schools in grand forks, but this makes sense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

darell1976
September 11th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Get rid of Summit League commish Tom Douple and UND may go, Douple tried to **** UND over by the nickname issue (telling its members not to schedule UND...it didn't work as members did), then getting into a whole lying debate with UND president Robert Kelley (I think the two still don't like each other), then UND baseball coach sends the SL an application to join but is not accepted so UND joins the WAC. So it does make sense for UND to be in the SL/MVFC it's too bad the powers to make it happen don't want it to happen.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 11th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Get rid of Summit League commish Tom Douple and UND may go, Douple tried to **** UND over by the nickname issue (telling its members not to schedule UND...it didn't work as members did), then getting into a whole lying debate with UND president Robert Kelley (I think the two still don't like each other), then UND baseball coach sends the SL an application to join but is not accepted so UND joins the WAC. So it does make sense for UND to be in the SL/MVFC it's too bad the powers to make it happen don't want it to happen.

UND ****ed itself with the nickname issue. Lets be clear about that.

darell1976
September 11th, 2013, 09:15 AM
UND ****ed itself with the nickname issue. Lets be clear about that.

How? The NCAA gave UND a deadline to get permission by Nov 2010, (if it weren't for petitions and state laws by Al Carlson) UND would have been either nicknameless since 2010 or have had a new name for the last 3 years. The name was either going to be acceptable under the NCAA terms or it was going to be retired, Douple was being a dumbass thinking this thing was going to last for years and years, obviously Doug Fullerton could see it.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 11th, 2013, 09:23 AM
How? The NCAA gave UND a deadline to get permission by Nov 2010, (if it weren't for petitions and state laws by Al Carlson) UND would have been either nicknameless since 2010 or have had a new name for the last 3 years. The name was either going to be acceptable under the NCAA terms or it was going to be retired, Douple was being a dumbass thinking this thing was going to last for years and years, obviously Doug Fullerton could see it.

They've had plenty of chances before the NCAA action to make the change. UND was waiting until they absolutely HAD to change rather than being proactive about it. Kupchella could have sacked up and made the change when he wanted to. When other institutions responded by refusing scheduling, as was their right, they just didn't want to get any stank on them.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2013, 10:26 AM

You have a wild imagination.

darell1976
September 11th, 2013, 10:43 AM
You have a wild imagination.

https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=1&article_id=365046&CFID=415699803&CFTOKEN=26836492

FARGO – It was January 2011 when Summit League Commissioner Tom Douple said it was University of North Dakota officials, not the league, who asked that retirement of the Fighting Sioux moniker be required for league membership.Douple’s comment kicked up a dust-storm in an already stormy debate: Could UND officials themselves be crafting a narrative that would cause even ardent nickname supporters to abandon their cause?
UND President Robert Kelley adamantly denied Douple’s claim, and Douple never spoke about it again.
But it turns out UND had another ally in the dustup: North Dakota State University President Dean Bresciani.

Last summer at this time, Bresciani was apparently the only president to ding Douple on an issue, writing that Douple brought “media attention to himself,” among other things.
When asked this week about last summer’s evaluation of Douple, Bresciani said his criticism was driven by Douple publicly weighing in on the UND nickname matter.
“It was during the heated exchange with the UND logo and he (Douple) got involved,” Bresciani said. “I don’t see why he got involved. I was trying to protect UND a little bit.”
Bresciani said he thought UND was getting beat up over the NCAA’s mandate that the school either get permission from the tribes to use the Fighting Sioux nickname or retire it.

Nice that even NDSU's president doesn't think highly of SL commissioner Tom Douple. Still a wild imagination??

https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=1&article_id=227147&CFID=415699803&CFTOKEN=26836492

The Summit League commissioner Tom Douple on Wednesday cautioned his members to wait until the nickname controversy at the University of North Dakota is resolved before moving into further scheduling agreements with the Fighting Sioux. UND athletic director Brian Faison, however, doesn’t want to wait to play North Dakota State.
“The bottom line for us is this: We’re ready to play, so let’s play,” Faison said. “We’ve heard all the reasons why we can’t do this or can’t do that, and I’m referring specifically to North Dakota State. We’re ready to play, so let’s play.”
The Summit League said this week that it will make a site visit to the University of South Dakota later this month, a move that could have expansion ramifications. At the same time, Douple said he will not present information to the league’s Presidents Council on UND until the nickname issue is behind it.
“We’ve taken a stance that we want them to take care of their business – you can interpret that in scheduling,” Douple said.

UND has already scheduled games with some Summit schools, such as six games with South Dakota State in baseball this spring and SDSU and Missouri-Kansas City in softball next fall. UND defeated UMKC in men’s basketball earlier this season.

UNDBIZ
September 11th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Ah yes, now we can elevate the discussion from UND versus ndsu to the Fighting Sioux nickname debacle. This should get very interesting.

xrotatehxxrotatehxxrotatehx

darell1976
September 11th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Ah yes, now we can elevate the discussion from UND versus ndsu to the Fighting Sioux nickname debacle. This should get very interesting.

Some people think getting into the Summit/MVFC should be no problem, however past history says differently.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 11th, 2013, 11:16 AM

Many UND people throw out the red herring of travel, etc when they talk about why they didn't/wouldn't get into the Summit/MVFC. It was all about the nickname issue and the pissing contest with the NCAA, nobody wanted a piece of that.

darell1976
September 11th, 2013, 11:26 AM
Many UND people throw out the red herring of travel, etc when they talk about why they didn't/wouldn't get into the Summit/MVFC. It was all about the nickname issue and the pissing contest with the NCAA, nobody wanted a piece of that.

When it was certain the Standing Rock wasn't going to give their blessing I accepted the deadline but then Al Carlson appeared as this savior and almost costed UND a spot in the BSC. But all that is gone and over but with Douple not accepting UND into the SL for baseball earlier this year I can tell he isn't over this whole issue, therefore probably won't accept UND anytime soon.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2013, 12:37 PM
That is a nice idea, I would miss watching the big sky schools in grand forks, but this makes sense.

At the least, the Summit needs to go after Eastern Illinois, for the sake of WIU. They've been in the Midcontinent/Summit for many years and should be taken care of first. Gives them a real conference rival in football, basketball and baseball (assuming they could be added to the MVFC - perhaps if Youngstown was to leave).

And that gets baseball back to six.

You can't tell me Eastern Illinois feels at home in a Kentucky/Tennessee/Alabama conference - that they're going to enjoy playing Murray State, Austin Peay and Jacksonville St. in football after playing (and potentially beating) in-state rivals SIU and IL St. No friggin' way.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2013, 12:47 PM
https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=1&article_id=365046&CFID=415699803&CFTOKEN=26836492

Nice that even NDSU's president doesn't think highly of SL commissioner Tom Douple. Still a wild imagination??

https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=1&article_id=227147&CFID=415699803&CFTOKEN=26836492

Neither article corroborates anything of the sort that you mentioned in your post #507:

- Douple didn't tell anyone to do anything, he offered a warning. Some members chose to ignore it, some may or may not have heeded it.

- Douple says one thing, UND president says another thing. The truth of what actually went on in emails and phone calls between the two will never come out. It's a moot point, now that the nickname is retired.

Furthermore, NDSU president does think highly of Douple. Otherwise, he would not have offered the suggestion for how he could have improved his performance. If he did think poorly of him, Douple would be fired. That simple.

Not only do you have a wild imagination, you're just making up whatever it is that you want to see and then adopting it as if it had actually been said.

I suggest you come back to reality and formulate opinions that are much less driven by emotion.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2013, 12:54 PM
When it was certain the Standing Rock wasn't going to give their blessing I accepted the deadline but then Al Carlson appeared as this savior and almost costed UND a spot in the BSC. But all that is gone and over but with Douple not accepting UND into the SL for baseball earlier this year I can tell he isn't over this whole issue, therefore probably won't accept UND anytime soon.

UND didn't apply to the Summit League in baseball and probably never intended to. As they had aligned themselves with the Big Sky and the only two Sky baseball playing members were already in the WAC, they chose to apply to the WAC and were accepted.

darell1976
September 11th, 2013, 01:01 PM
UND didn't apply to the Summit League in baseball and probably never intended to. As they had aligned themselves with the Big Sky and the only two Sky baseball playing members were already in the WAC, they chose to apply to the WAC and were accepted.

So UND coach Jeff Dodson made it up??

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/event/article/id/65638/

The Summit League, which includes North Dakota State and South Dakota State, was one option for UND baseball. But that option never materialized.
“We had applied for the Summit but I never heard anything personally from them,” Dodson said.

darell1976
September 11th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Neither article corroborates anything of the sort that you mentioned in your post #507:

- Douple didn't tell anyone to do anything, he offered a warning. Some members chose to ignore it, some may or may not have heeded it.

- Douple says one thing, UND president says another thing. The truth of what actually went on in emails and phone calls between the two will never come out. It's a moot point, now that the nickname is retired.

Furthermore, NDSU president does think highly of Douple. Otherwise, he would not have offered the suggestion for how he could have improved his performance. If he did think poorly of him, Douple would be fired. That simple.

Not only do you have a wild imagination, you're just making up whatever it is that you want to see and then adopting it as if it had actually been said.

I suggest you come back to reality and formulate opinions that are much less driven by emotion.

NDSU, in its second year in The Summit, has already made that interpretation. Athletic director Gene Taylor said Tuesday that scheduling the Sioux would go against the wishes of the Summit.

UND not scheduled until 2011-12 season (a year after the NCAA deadline and the end of the Sioux nickname)

Also if one president is unhappy with the commissioner which NDSU was as I proved in the article he wouldn't be fired. There are other schools in the league and to get someone fired would most likely need a majority....NOT one person!

MplsBison
September 11th, 2013, 01:26 PM
So UND coach Jeff Dodson made it up??

http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/event/article/id/65638/

It's nothing really more than a poor job of reporting. Given that Wayne Nelson is a wily veteran, I suspect he did it more or less on purpose, in order to paint the Summit in the worse light as possible without outright violating ethics.

Don't you think it's a misleading that UND AD wasn't quoted at all, in this story? A few lines of quote from him could've completely cleared up any confusion, but he chose not to obtain them for the story. That gives people like you almost unlimited boundaries for creating whatever scenario fits your agenda.

It's absolutely reasonable that your athletic director told the baseball coach that he would "work with the Summit to see if there was mutual interest" while always intending to work with the WAC first, wait for their response and then work with the Summit if need be.

Moreover, the conference wouldn't necessarily contact the baseball coach or keep him on copy in emails during the initial communications and application process. So his quote really doesn't mean anything.

Since Douple has said that UND never applied, that is the only fact we have to go on.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2013, 01:28 PM

UND not scheduled until 2011-12 season (a year after the NCAA deadline and the end of the Sioux nickname)

Also if one president is unhappy with the commissioner which NDSU was as I proved in the article he wouldn't be fired. There are other schools in the league and to get someone fired would most likely need a majority....NOT one person!

As I said, Douple offered a warning.

I guess Taylor used that as a scapegoat for his own personal agenda of not scheduling UND. That makes sense for me, given Taylor's grudges. It doesn't mean Douple commanded anyone to do anything.

You're right about firing Douple, but have taken the NDSU presidents suggestion for improvement way out of context by pretending that it was some kind of degrading mark against him.

Darlinikki150
September 11th, 2013, 02:35 PM
I hate the Sioux. Always have, always will. I was rooting for the Jacks to win the football game last wkend. Everytime we r at Chubs we sing Hail the Bison and its w the Sioux lyrics. Hell I still can't help myself at any basketball game, I still yell out Sioux Suck ****! Its s hatred deep within me that I will never loose. I try to pass it along to my niece and nephew, they are getting there. But I could care less if we ever play them again in football. Get a better team and u can have the privlege of getting ur ass kicked by us in the playoffs. #uck the Sioux.

Plus, as a season tix holder for 15 years now I have missed 1home game which was last week due to injury. What Sioux fans don't get is the Bison football is s lifestyle. Summer is over, and its football season. Its not just s game it's an event, we all plan around the games. If the Sioux understood that, maybe they would have better attendance. Its a choice to support ur team no matter the record, and my friends, family, and myself always choose to support Bison football. Good or bad seasons.

Bison Fan in NW MN
September 11th, 2013, 09:00 PM
I hate the Sioux. Always have, always will. I was rooting for the Jacks to win the football game last wkend. Everytime we r at Chubs we sing Hail the Bison and its w the Sioux lyrics. Hell I still can't help myself at any basketball game, I still yell out Sioux Suck ****! Its s hatred deep within me that I will never loose. I try to pass it along to my niece and nephew, they are getting there. But I could care less if we ever play them again in football. Get a better team and u can have the privlege of getting ur ass kicked by us in the playoffs. #uck the Sioux.

Plus, as a season tix holder for 15 years now I have missed 1home game which was last week due to injury. What Sioux fans don't get is the Bison football is s lifestyle. Summer is over, and its football season. Its not just s game it's an event, we all plan around the games. If the Sioux understood that, maybe they would have better attendance. Its a choice to support ur team no matter the record, and my friends, family, and myself always choose to support Bison football. Good or bad seasons.

You posted during the run up to the NC game then nothing all summer.....xconfusedx

Fair weather fan??

xpeacex

robsnotes4u
September 11th, 2013, 09:25 PM
You posted during the run up to the NC game then nothing all summer.....xconfusedx

Fair weather fan??

xpeacex

From the post, I am guessing Prairie

Hammersmith
September 11th, 2013, 09:52 PM
As I said, Douple offered a warning.

I guess Taylor used that as a scapegoat for his own personal agenda of not scheduling UND. That makes sense for me, given Taylor's grudges. It doesn't mean Douple commanded anyone to do anything.

You're right about firing Douple, but have taken the NDSU presidents suggestion for improvement way out of context by pretending that it was some kind of degrading mark against him.
Why do you put it on GT? It was Chapman that ordered no scheduling with UND. GT had to make excuses over the years, but he slipped up and said the real reason during a live interview after Kelley became president at UND and the ban was lifted.

MplsBison
September 11th, 2013, 11:10 PM
Why do you put it on GT? It was Chapman that ordered no scheduling with UND. GT had to make excuses over the years, but he slipped up and said the real reason during a live interview after Kelley became president at UND and the ban was lifted.

You're one of the very few posters that I more or less believe at face value. Thanks for the correction and info. It makes sense.

Still, I have my doubts that Taylor lost any sleep over such commandments.

Darlinikki150
September 12th, 2013, 12:30 AM

Fair weather fan??

xpeacex

I have other things to do in the summer, sorry. I am all about football during the fall but summer time I work a lot of overtime and chill at the lake. Gotta unplug sometime bro..

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 07:39 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/411936/group/Sports/

UND beats NDSU in women's soccer.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 08:00 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/411936/group/Sports/

UND beats NDSU in women's soccer.

I heard there is an outcry for NDSU to fire their women's AD. Volleyball, and basketball has been in the toilet now soccer team loses to UND who has scored 1 goal in their last 17 games. Yikes!!!

Bisonator
September 12th, 2013, 08:01 AM
This post from BV is about spot on concerning the UN_/NDSU rivalry:

The history seems pretty simple to me. First RT blackballed NDSU sports because our actions hurt UND. It's true: By going DI with us, it would've forced UND to up its budgets in a bunch of sports and that would hurt hockey. And if there was one thing RT was bad at as an AD, it was managing budgets. By leaving without them, it crippled the NCC and UND's schedules. That state of affairs continued until RT was gone and UND started the DI move. At that point, Chapman blackballed UND sports due to the horrible relationship between him and Kupchella. I swear, I don't think the other would piss on them if they were on fire.

Once Kuppy retired, Chapman hosted a welcoming party for Kelley. That must have been a good meeting because Chapman lifted the blackballing shortly after. How do we know it was Chapman? GT slipped during a halftime MBB interview shortly after Kelley became president and the lifting of the blackball. He said that he was now allowed to schedule UND. There was only one person that had the authority to give GT an order like that. At that point, each coach was free to schedule UND as they saw fit. And schedule them they did except for FB and WBB. For WBB, look north to Gene Roebuck. There was some serious bad blood between GR and AR and that must have continued on his end until he finally retired. The WBB game resumed shortly after(last year).

So what happened in FB? Well, we know from reports that both Bunning and Faison have asked for the game. We also know that TB wanted and BF initially insisted that the game must be held every year. GT rejected that position. Further, we know GT offered an every other year game as a compromise but BF refused it. We've heard that BF has relented on the every year insistence and has offered a contract to GT, but I've never seen concrete confirmation of that.

As for my opinion, I think spite has a little to do with it. But not as much as many people think. The economic reasons that have been presented here ad nauseam are almost certainly the backbone of the reasons. But I think there is one other reason that may be the tipping point for now: GT doesn't trust BF and UND. For the better part of a decade, the UND athletic department has used the media to push its case. This is one area where you can't say, "ignore the past because all the old people are gone." RT did it, TB did it, and BF has done it. It has felt like we were very close to a game several times, but BF shot himself in the foot every time.

I truly believe the incident with the championship banner killed the last deal. It may seem like a small thing, but it showed that nothing had changed up there. Instead of repackaging the banner and getting it down to Fargo immediately without word leaking out, people within the UND athletic department took photos and put them on facebook and other sites. Then the GF media got in on the act. I believe GT first learned about the banner when a media member called him and asked for a reaction. That had to bring back memories of RT and the unsigned FB contract/press conference from the very beginning of this mess. It would have been one thing for SDSU to pull a stunt like that, but UND hasn't earned the right. It's the difference between your best friend f-cking with you, and the neighbor or coworker you don't like trying the same thing.

I will say this, it's looking more and more like BF has finally gotten the message. I haven't heard anything stupid out of their athletic department about NDSU since the banner incident. The St. Peter letter was bush league, but I'm willing to believe that letter was sent without running it by BF first. I hope that BF would have told DStP not to send it if he had been asked ahead of time. If BF continues to keep his trap shut, and keeps CM's trap shut as well, I think a signed contract is getting close.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 08:03 AM

The history seems pretty simple to me. First RT blackballed NDSU sports because our actions hurt UND. It's true: By going DI with us, it would've forced UND to up its budgets in a bunch of sports and that would hurt hockey. And if there was one thing RT was bad at as an AD, it was managing budgets. By leaving without them, it crippled the NCC and UND's schedules. That state of affairs continued until RT was gone and UND started the DI move. At that point, Chapman blackballed UND sports due to the horrible relationship between him and Kupchella. I swear, I don't think the other would piss on them if they were on fire.

Once Kuppy retired, Chapman hosted a welcoming party for Kelley. That must have been a good meeting because Chapman lifted the blackballing shortly after. How do we know it was Chapman? GT slipped during a halftime MBB interview shortly after Kelley became president and the lifting of the blackball. He said that he was now allowed to schedule UND. There was only one person that had the authority to give GT an order like that. At that point, each coach was free to schedule UND as they saw fit. And schedule them they did except for FB and WBB. For WBB, look north to Gene Roebuck. There was some serious bad blood between GR and AR and that must have continued on his end until he finally retired. The WBB game resumed shortly after(last year).

So what happened in FB? Well, we know from reports that both Bunning and Faison have asked for the game. We also know that TB wanted and BF initially insisted that the game must be held every year. GT rejected that position. Further, we know GT offered an every other year game as a compromise but BF refused it. We've heard that BF has relented on the every year insistence and has offered a contract to GT, but I've never seen concrete confirmation of that.

As for my opinion, I think spite has a little to do with it. But not as much as many people think. The economic reasons that have been presented here ad nauseam are almost certainly the backbone of the reasons. But I think there is one other reason that may be the tipping point for now: GT doesn't trust BF and UND. For the better part of a decade, the UND athletic department has used the media to push its case. This is one area where you can't say, "ignore the past because all the old people are gone." RT did it, TB did it, and BF has done it. It has felt like we were very close to a game several times, but BF shot himself in the foot every time.

I truly believe the incident with the championship banner killed the last deal. It may seem like a small thing, but it showed that nothing had changed up there. Instead of repackaging the banner and getting it down to Fargo immediately without word leaking out, people within the UND athletic department took photos and put them on facebook and other sites. Then the GF media got in on the act. I believe GT first learned about the banner when a media member called him and asked for a reaction. That had to bring back memories of RT and the unsigned FB contract/press conference from the very beginning of this mess. It would have been one thing for SDSU to pull a stunt like that, but UND hasn't earned the right. It's the difference between your best friend f-cking with you, and the neighbor or coworker you don't like trying the same thing.

I will say this, it's looking more and more like BF has finally gotten the message. I haven't heard anything stupid out of their athletic department about NDSU since the banner incident. The St. Peter letter was bush league, but I'm willing to believe that letter was sent without running it by BF first. I hope that BF would have told DStP not to send it if he had been asked ahead of time. If BF continues to keep his trap shut, and keeps CM's trap shut as well, I think a signed contract is getting close.

One of the worst AD's UND ever had.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 08:08 AM

Like Gene Taylor would do that. The same guy who allowed the Sioux suck chant to go on at the NCAA Title game.xrolleyesx

Bisonator
September 12th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Like Gene Taylor would do that. The same guy who allowed the Sioux suck chant to go on at the NCAA Title game.xrolleyesx

He's supposed to control the fans???

344Johnson
September 12th, 2013, 08:23 AM
I heard there is an outcry for NDSU to fire their women's AD. Volleyball, and basketball has been in the toilet now soccer team loses to UND who has scored 1 goal in their last 17 games. Yikes!!!

Yep. Time to go for Lynn Dorn....why the heck we need a women's AD as well as a men's one is beyond me.

Lol funny.....how would you expect him to stop chants at a neutral site game?

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 08:26 AM
He's supposed to control the fans???

If it was just "the fans" why didn't he have the fans apologize to UND, instead of himself. Also BF opened up a box addressed to him (NOT Gene Taylor) from the NCAA how was he supposed to know what was in the box. So every box should be opened in private under a desk for no one to see? I doubt GT was reminded of RT especially when BF didn't hold it hostage until FU agreed to play UND in football. I love how FU fans love to spin everything including a **** up by the NCAA to show how evil UND is.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Yep. Time to go for Lynn Dorn....why the heck we need a women's AD as well as a men's one is beyond me.

But NDSU fans don't care about UND.

http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/11799/

Bisonator
September 12th, 2013, 08:30 AM
If it was just "the fans" why didn't he have the fans apologize to UND, instead of himself. Also BF opened up a box addressed to him (NOT Gene Taylor) from the NCAA how was he supposed to know what was in the box. So every box should be opened in private under a desk for no one to see? I doubt GT was reminded of RT especially when BF didn't hold it hostage until FU agreed to play UND in football. I love how FU fans love to spin everything including a **** up by the NCAA to show how evil UND is.

I can tell you are a UN_ grad. You're reasoning is so sound! xlolx

Like was posted, BF should have just repackaged it and sent it out. Why feel the need to air it in the news first? At least give GT a call first!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 12th, 2013, 08:32 AM

Not evil, just dumb.

But NDSU fans don't care about UND.

http://www.wdaz.com/event/article/id/11799/

Already discussed.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 08:35 AM

xscanx xeyebrowx xcrazyx

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 08:37 AM

Like was posted, BF should have just repackaged it and sent it out. Why feel the need to air it in the news first? At least give GT a call first!

He didn't, a staff member took a pic of it, and sent it to FB where it was seen by a GF Herald worker that posted the pic in the paper. Its not like BF took it out, and said hey GFH come here and get some shots of these, then when I feel its right I will send it pony express to Fargo.

bisonboone11
September 12th, 2013, 08:48 AM
He didn't, a staff member took a pic of it, and sent it to FB where it was seen by a GF Herald worker that posted the pic in the paper. Its not like BF took it out, and said hey GFH come here and get some shots of these, then when I feel its right I will send it pony express to Fargo.
So you expect GT to control the NDSU fans, but you don't think BF needs to control his own staff?

Bisonator
September 12th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Everyone can believe what they want but UN_'s track record speaks for itself!

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Everyone can believe what they want but UN_'s track record speaks for itself!

Which track record...shot put, long jump, 400m hurdles? :D

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 09:12 AM
So you expect GT to control the NDSU fans, but you don't think BF needs to control his own staff?

So are you guys butthurt over it showing it up in the paper instead of being butthurt it was address Brian Faison AD North Dakota State?xlolx

robsnotes4u
September 12th, 2013, 09:20 AM

Good post, and if anyone thinks NDSU wouldn't have done the same thing to UND if a wrong Banner was mailed to them, you are looking through rosé colored glasses.

bisonboone11
September 12th, 2013, 09:44 AM
So are you guys butthurt over it showing it up in the paper instead of being butthurt it was address Brian Faison AD North Dakota State?xlolx
Nice job avoiding the question. xlolx

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Nice job avoiding the question. xlolx

Should BF control his staff, he did, they showed up for work. Just like Robsnotes4u said if you think NDSU wouldn't have done the same thing, take off the Yellow and green glasses. I just think its funny how you people get upset about it showing up in the paper and all over media outlets, than upset at the NCAA for sending it to UND. Its not like Faison called Indy and said send us the banner.

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 10:07 AM

Don't give him credit for something he didn't earn...

bisonboone11
September 12th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Should BF control his staff, he did, they showed up for work. Just like Robsnotes4u said if you think NDSU wouldn't have done the same thing, take off the Yellow and green glasses. I just think its funny how you people get upset about it showing up in the paper and all over media outlets, than upset at the NCAA for sending it to UND. Its not like Faison called Indy and said send us the banner.
I don't believe I ever saw anyone say that they were more upset about that. This thread is about NDSU and UND playing. The handling of the banner was just used as an example of how a lot of things at UND that have anything to do with NDSU end up in the media before notifying NDSU. It never seems to be handled in the proper way, going back to when UND decided to stop playing NDSU. That is related to the topic of this thread. Just because NDSU fans aren't discussing how upset they are with the NCAA doesn't necessarily mean they are more upset about how UND handled the situation. It could just be that NDSU fans being upset with the NCAA has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 10:12 AM
xscanx xeyebrowx xcrazyx

Obviously, you don't have a clue about the author of this post and his reputation. He's about as credible as someone gets on message boards.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Obviously, you don't have a clue about the author of this post and his reputation. He's about as credible as someone gets on message boards.

So the crap he spits out is credible in yours and Bisonville's eyes huh. WOW!!

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 10:16 AM

Being extremely close to certain situations can often result in views that are even more skewed than those watching from afar. Perhaps he is credible with a lot of inside information on certain situations, but he appears butthurt on this one.

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 10:18 AM
So the crap he spits out is credible in yours and Bisonville's eyes huh. WOW!!

Have you ever met Hammersmith? The guy is EXTREMELY intelligent and credible.

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Being extremely close to certain situations can often result in views that are even more skewed than those watching from afar. Perhaps he is credible with a lot of inside information on certain situations, but he appears butthurt on this one.

He is not an insider...He just calls it like he sees it, which in this case is 100% true.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 10:22 AM
He is not an insider...He just calls it like he sees it, which in this case is 100% true.

From his perspective.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 10:26 AM

This is total crap!!!! Read it in the eyes of a Bison fan and it sounds like fact, read it in the eyes of a NON-Bison fan and it sounds butthurt to me.

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 10:26 AM
From his perspective.

You could say that about everything you (or anyone else) posts on this site. Hammersmith is as credible as it gets, but I digress.

Let me recap for you all:

NDSU will play UN_ when it is best for them and no one else.

/Thread

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Have you ever met Hammersmith? The guy is EXTREMELY intelligent and credible.

I think I have seen him before...he wears the coolest green and yellow glasses ever.

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 10:27 AM
This is total crap!!!! Read it in the eyes of a Bison fan and it sounds like fact, read it in the eyes of a NON-Bison fan and it sounds butthurt to me.

The truth hurts darrel....You may think it is crap, but it is what it is...BF screwed himself by not controlling his staff and making a bigger deal about this incident than needed.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 10:28 AM
You could say that about everything you (or anyone else) posts on this site. Hammersmith is as credible as it gets, but I digress.

/Thread

And UND will play FU when its best for them without WDAY's Dom Izzo bringing it up to both AD's every year when NDSU has scheduling problems.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 10:28 AM
The truth hurts darrel....You may think it is crap, but it is what it is...BF screwed himself by not controlling his staff and making a bigger deal about this incident than needed.

And Gene Taylor told you this?? Lets see it printed from Gene, not a guy who types away on a computer.

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 10:31 AM

Awesome post!!!!

Who wrote that? Hammersmith, I would guess. Kudos to the author. Every bit is believable and well articulated. I drank it up.

And here's to the FB contract being signed in short order, as well. :)

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 10:34 AM
And UND will play FU when its best for them without WDAY's Dom Izzo bringing it up to both AD's every year when NDSU has scheduling problems.

Don't kid yourself, UN_ would agree to a home/home today if possible.

Also, I didn't realize Izzo was the end all, say all for this game happening...

As far as scheduling problems, things always work out...We haven't had to go on the road for an OCC game, DII games aren't held against teams anymore (they may even hold more merit in some cases if you look at this article http://www.argusleader.com/article/20130912/SPORTS02/309120024/College-football-FCS-tinkering-new-team-rating-system) and we are ranked #1 in the country and the overwhelming favorites to 3-peat.

Life is good in Bison Nation.

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Awesome post!!!!

Who wrote that? Hammersmith, I would guess. Kudos to the author. Every bit is believable and well articulated. I drank it up.

And here's to the FB contract being signed in short order, as well. :)

Yeah, that was Hammer.

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 10:36 AM
And Gene Taylor told you this?? Lets see it printed from Gene, not a guy who types away on a computer.

You think GT wants tell the media ANYTHING about his relationship with UN_? You don't think there are a lot of insiders who know this as fact, even though GT didn't make a quote about this? Have you heard the term "off the record?"

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 10:39 AM
You think GT wants tell the media ANYTHING about his relationship with UN_? You don't think there are a lot of insiders who know this as fact, even though GT didn't make a quote about this? Have you heard the term "off the record?"

So a BV poster is your source. xcrazyx

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 10:39 AM

I would say there doesn't need to be an official title of "Women's AD", but rather having an "associate AD" or "assistant AD" (something to that effect) who is a woman is probably very helpful as I imagine the women on the team and women coaches would be able to relate more easily to a woman AD.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 10:40 AM
I would say there doesn't need to be an official title of "Women's AD", but rather having an "associate AD" or "assistant AD" (something to that effect) who is a woman is probably very helpful as I imagine the women on the team and women coaches would be able to relate more easily to a woman AD.

Just how many schools have 2 head AD's?

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 10:41 AM

/Thread

What I post is absolutely my opinion. In my opinion, the majority of what I post is credible other than a few posts aimed at getting bizun fans' blood pressure up. However, my posts are still going to have my own personal skew to them. Hammersmith is no different. His posts have a personal skew to them and should not be taken as 100% fact.

Edit: Also, he's is seen as credible by fellow bison posters. I guarantee you would disagree with certain posts made by 82SiouxGuy, even though he is very credible.

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 10:42 AM

That's fair enough. But it still would've been nice for BF to get on the media with quotes saying "the staff member has been disciplined and did not represent UND athletics department well." Anyway, hopefully things have settled down well enough.

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 10:43 AM
So a BV poster is your source. xcrazyx

Where did I write that?

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 10:44 AM

Well...maybe GT is butthurt. Did you ever consider that?

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 10:45 AM

U of Minn used to, then got rid of the women's AD position some time ago. I'm not 100% certain on that, but pretty sure.

As to your question, currently I have no idea. I would guess not many.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 10:46 AM
Well...maybe GT is butthurt. Did you ever consider that?

I think that's what nearly all UND fans blame for these games not being played. So..... yes.

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 10:47 AM
What I post is absolutely my opinion. In my opinion, the majority of what I post is credible other than a few posts aimed at getting bizun fans' blood pressure up. However, my posts are still going to have my own personal skew to them. Hammersmith is no different. His posts have a personal skew to them and should not be taken as 100% fact.

Edit: Also, he's is seen as credible by fellow bison posters. I guarantee you would disagree with certain posts made by 82SiouxGuy, even though he is very credible.

Fine. But like I said, HS is one of the very few posters that I'll take at face value as being correct without checking for myself. It just goes with the history of reading his posts for the last X years. He's usually never wrong. I would also say he usually doesn't post a lot of his own opinions, rather he posts information or outright facts (often to correct misinformed posters).

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I think that's what nearly all UND fans blame for these games not being played. So..... yes.

I know darrell is the one who said it - but in addressing both of you:

so then wouldn't you say that HS's last paragraph is legitimate, then? If it sounds butthurt, it's probably because NDSU's admin are butthurt over the history with UND since 2003!!

Not saying that it's justified, just saying that's probably how it is.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 10:49 AM
U of Minn used to, then got rid of the women's AD position some time ago. I'm not 100% certain on that, but pretty sure.

As to your question, currently I have no idea. I would guess not many.

I actually didn't think schools had a men's and women's AD, I thought it was just AD and assistant AD. Whether the AD is male or female shouldn't matter if they suck fire them.

KUlawJack
September 12th, 2013, 10:51 AM

I find him credible. Stuff he posts on SDSUfans and here is usually very good and informative.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 10:52 AM

so then wouldn't you say that HS's last paragraph is legitimate, then? If it sounds butthurt, it's probably because NDSU's admin are butthurt over the history with UND since 2003!!

Then why is NDSU playing UND in every sport BUT football? If he is hurt there should be no games as UND killed playing NDSU in ALL sports. NDSU fans don't want their team to play UND at UND ever, but if the rivalry was never killed in the first place, the every other year (at UND) contract would still be alive today...wouldn't it?

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 10:53 AM

If you want to pull out an individual paragraph...... sure, that one may be legit.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 10:54 AM
I find him credible. Stuff he posts on SDSUfans and here is usually very good and informative.

In most situations I find him credible too. This one is apparently too personal/convoluted for anyone to see clearly.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 10:55 AM
In most situations I find him credible too. This one is apparently too personal/convoluted for anyone to see clearly.

Usually anything a FU fan writes about UND is.

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Then why is NDSU playing UND in every sport BUT football? If he is hurt there should be no games as UND killed playing NDSU in ALL sports. NDSU fans don't want their team to play UND at UND ever, but if the rivalry was never killed in the first place, the every other year (at UND) contract would still be alive today...wouldn't it?

Because he, along with Brian Gordon, do the scheduling for football, whereas the individual coaches do it for the other sports?

GT is doing what is best for NDSU, not UN_...I think your school's fans need to understand that.

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Usually anything a FU fan writes about UND is.

This comment coming from you? LMAO!

Bisonator
September 12th, 2013, 11:04 AM

The fact is there are many more OOC game opportunities in sports other then FB. Ever thought of that???

344Johnson
September 12th, 2013, 11:10 AM

Because he probably enjoys reading the ****storm on siouxsports and BV.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 11:13 AM
The fact is there are many more OOC game opportunities in sports other then FB. Ever thought of that???

Or the fact he doesn't care about the other sports getting beat by UND, (since it has happened in every sport since play was stopped in 2003), but when it comes to football....

NoDak 4 Ever
September 12th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Or the fact he doesn't care about the other sports getting beat by UND, (since it has happened in every sport since play was stopped in 2003), but when it comes to football....

I have to tell you Darell, this is the strongest line of argumentation you have offered in a while. No offense, but you can get whiny. Sticking UND's success against NDSU is a good way to refute the arguments.

Nice work.

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 11:16 AM
I find it hilarious that UN_ fans hate GT so much...

He has done nothing but great things for NDSU.

In Gene we trust!

344Johnson
September 12th, 2013, 11:17 AM

tell ya what, if you really want to complain about the two not playing anymore, feel free to get in a time machine, and go tell RT and Kuppy to make sure they sign the contract that Gene offered them back then....

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 11:19 AM
tell ya what, if you really want to complain about the two not playing anymore, feel free to get in a time machine, and go tell RT and Kuppy to make sure they sign the contract that Gene offered them back then....

I say he needs to hang out on the corner of University and 17th Ave N wearing a sandwich board that says "#PlayUND - Gene Taylor is the devil!" That will get some attention.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM

Trust me I (and a lot of UND fans) would have Doc Brown on the phone this minute if I could and tell those two idiots to move up with the SU's.

Bisonator
September 12th, 2013, 11:25 AM

Yes, I'm sure that's it. We would have been killed by UN_ in football the last 3 years! xlolx

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Yes, I'm sure that's it. We would have been killed by UN_ in football the last 3 years! xlolx

Which I don't understand why not play? If we match up like Wagner, Morgan State, and Prairie View we fit in in GT's OOC formula.

robsnotes4u
September 12th, 2013, 11:28 AM
That's fair enough. But it still would've been nice for BF to get on the media with quotes saying "the staff member has been disciplined and did not represent UND athletics department well." Anyway, hopefully things have settled down well enough.

Good point

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Which I don't understand why not play? If we match up like Wagner, Morgan State, and Prairie View we fit in in GT's OOC formula.

Except we refuse to be a ***** team that signs up to play a single game in Fargo and rightfully so.

344Johnson
September 12th, 2013, 11:36 AM

Except we refuse to be a ***** team that signs up to play a single game in Fargo and rightfully so.

If it looks like a duck (gives up 300 yards to Zenner), and walks like a duck(gatorade bath after beating SUU), and sounds like a duck(program's D-I proud accomplishment is beating a down montana team).....its probably a duck....or in this case, a ***** team.

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 11:39 AM

Isn't that what is in the best interests of UN_? Seems like a familiar concept...

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 12:57 PM
If you want to pull out an individual paragraph...... sure, that one may be legit.

I was only addressing a specific comment made by darrell which in turn was only addressing that paragraph.

The rest of the paragraphs are just as legitimate and I'd be happy to discuss them as you like.

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 01:06 PM

The simple answer is that football is different. As much as you may like to believe otherwise, there's just not a whole lot more to it than that. There are only 11 regular season games and only three non-conference regular season games to be scheduled.

And GT and Bohl have decided on the following as scheduling priorities every year: 1) a game at a B1G or BigXII team every year, 2) six home games every year and 3) only scheduling 11 games in the regular season, even when 12 games are allowed for a particular year.

At least one of those priorities would be violated every other year to make accommodations for playing the rivalry game in Grand Forks.

There is no physical, mathematical way to bypass this problem, so long as UND is not in the same football conference as NDSU and so long as 11 regular season games stays the norm at this level. Something has to give.

Now to your point, **IF** the football games had always been played (from 2004 onward) I have no doubt they would continue to be played today. They'd justify not meeting one of the scheduling priorities to keep playing a 110+ year traditional game.

But at that time, many UND fans thought that playing the game in Fargo would help NDSU through its transition to DI and thought that would be the only way NDSU could sell out the Fargodome. Therefore, their line of thinking is "they're leaving us, they're screwing over DII and screwing over the NCC, why the heck should we help them??"

Then when the playoff point system for DII (that would be used to select teams to the 2004 DII playoff) came out, showing games against DI-AA teams counting for less points than playing DII teams, that was used as the "official" excuse for not schedule NDSU.

Many NDSU fans thought that was a load of you know what and that it likely would have been no actual detriment to UND's playoff chances. I think you can take it from there.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 01:14 PM
The simple answer is that football is different. As much as you may like to believe otherwise, there's just not a whole lot more to it than that. There are only 11 regular season games and only three non-conference regular season games to be scheduled.

And GT and Bohl have decided on the following as scheduling priorities every year: 1) a game at a B1G or BigXII team every year, 2) six home games every year and 3) only scheduling 11 games in the regular season, even when 12 games are allowed for a particular year.

At least one of those priorities would be violated every other year to make accommodations for playing the rivalry game in Grand Forks.

There is no physical, mathematical way to bypass this problem. Something has to give.

Now to your point, **IF** the football games had always been played (from 2004 onward) I have no doubt they would continue to be played today. They'd justify not meeting one of the scheduling priorities to keep playing a 110+ year traditional game.

But at that time, many UND fans thought that playing the game in Fargo would help NDSU through its transition to DI and thought that would be the only way NDSU could sell out the Fargodome. Therefore, their line of thinking is "they're leaving us, they're screwing over DII and screwing over the NCC, why the heck should we help them??"

Then when the playoff point system for DII (that would be used to select teams to the 2004 DII playoff) came out, showing games against FCS teams counting for less points than playing DII teams, that was used as the excuse to not schedule NDSU.

But don't you find it odd how UND who stopped play in 2003 with SDSU just completed the end game of a home and home but yet NDSU cannot schedule UND. Obviously they got over moving up without UND, while NDSU continues with their grudge. Even NDSU scheduling a 3 for 1 with USD before scheduling UND even thou both schools cancelled the series with NDSU. A lot of people say they will meet once GT is gone from NDSU unless the NCAA makes it happen in the playoffs..there is a lot of truth to that.

BisonBacker
September 12th, 2013, 01:20 PM
But don't you find it odd how UND who stopped play in 2003 with SDSU just completed the end game of a home and home but yet NDSU cannot schedule UND. Obviously they got over moving up without UND, while NDSU continues with their grudge. Even NDSU scheduling a 3 for 1 with USD before scheduling UND even thou both schools cancelled the series with NDSU. A lot of people say they will meet once GT is gone from NDSU unless the NCAA makes it happen in the playoffs..there is a lot of truth to that.

I thought you guys were doing fine without us?
Oh wait I remember again now why you want this game.....

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/und2_zpsadf98797.gif

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/und1_zps2b9bab99.gif

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 01:23 PM
I thought you guys were doing fine without us?
Oh wait I remember again now why you want this game.....

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/und2_zpsadf98797.gif

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/und1_zps2b9bab99.gif

People want it because all we hear is "we would destroy them and 80-0" well prove it on the field. Attendance has nothing to do with this and yes UND is doing fine without scheduling FU. Take away the two buyouts our scheduling is working out fine.

bisonboone11
September 12th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Maybe there is a lot of truth to that. UND fans seem to hate that this is the way it is (if that's how it is), and I believe NDSU fans trust what GT has done and is doing for the football program. How about the UND fans just keep believing that the game will not happen until GT leaves, and the NDSU fans keep trusting what GT is doing for the football program, and let's take this up again after GT leaves.

BisonBacker
September 12th, 2013, 01:29 PM
You can clearly see how well it's working out represented by all those empty seats.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 01:32 PM
You can clearly see how well it's working out represented by all those empty seats.

Didn't we discuss this earlier when it was pointed out that was the seats the band sits in. And winning represents attendance like I pointed out look at your 2009 attendance and the drop from the first game.

Bisonator
September 12th, 2013, 01:42 PM
We are not losing an FBS game or the $250,000+ we would make with a home OOC to go to GF for a game!xrolleyesx

How many times does it have to be explained to you???xdontknowx

BisonBacker
September 12th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Didn't we discuss this earlier when it was pointed out that was the seats the band sits in. And winning represents attendance like I pointed out look at your 2009 attendance and the drop from the first game.
You have 2000+ people in the Band? Wow congratulations.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 01:46 PM
You have 2000+ people in the Band? Wow congratulations.

There are 2000 seats in that pic?? Damn we have a huge dome!!!

BisonBacker
September 12th, 2013, 01:50 PM
There are 2000 seats in that pic?? Damn we have a huge dome!!!

Nice try at deflecting the truth about dismal turnouts to football games in the shed up there. So the band sits in those seats? Why are they sporadically peppered with fans sitting in them then? Clearly the band doesn't sit there unless when the band files out to play people sit there and watch the game till the band comes back? I know at NDSU games the seats sit empty when the band is down on the field. Nice try but you guys don't get 10k to a game and that Grain storage shed seats what 12k? So do the math darell I'm sure you can figure out the difference or maybe you need to brush up that un_ education and take a math refresher.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 01:53 PM
We are not losing an FBS game or the $250,000+ we would make with a home OOC to go to GF for a game!xrolleyesx

Because NDSU refuses to institute premium game pricing, this makes sense. I am one of the UND fans who doesn't care to play ndsu in the regular season as I feel our schedule is looking just fine the way it is. I only post on these discussions because I feel the need to correct misinformation spread by certain posters (not you).

BisonBacker
September 12th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Because NDSU refuses to institute premium game pricing, this makes sense. I am one of the UND fans who doesn't care to play ndsu in the regular season as I feel our schedule is looking just fine the way it is. I only post on these discussions because I feel the need to Post more misinformation spread by other un_ posters (not you).

Yep that's about right.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Nice try at deflecting the truth about dismal turnouts to football games in the shed up there. So the band sits in those seats? Why are they sporadically peppered with fans sitting in them then? Clearly the band doesn't sit there unless when the band files out to play people sit there and watch the game till the band comes back? I know at NDSU games the seats sit empty when the band is down on the field. Nice try but you guys don't get 10k to a game and that Grain storage shed seats what 12k? So do the math darell I'm sure you can figure out the difference or maybe you need to brush up that un_ education and take a math refresher.

Darell didn't go to UND. Those pictures have already been discussed. You chose them because they were after fans started leaving when UND went down 21 points. UND's athletic department is doing just fine and is not being pressured to play ndsu due to budget issues.

BisonBacker
September 12th, 2013, 01:59 PM
You keep telling yourself that tiger!

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 02:00 PM

Many fans buy a ticket then they stand in the walkway above and behind the end zones so its tough to see a full crowd with a pic from a section, and UND did have over 10k against SDSU. So have you looked at the attendance problems NDSU had in 2009? 18k was very rare that year add another 12k at the Robert Morris playoff game. First ever DI home playoff game and you only get a dome roughly 65% full??

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Yep that's about right.

Haha whatever. Good use of the apostrophe though. I'm proud of you.

BisonBacker
September 12th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Many fans buy a ticket then they stand in the walkway above and behind the end zones so its tough to see a full crowd with a pic from a section, and UND did have over 10k against SDSU. So have you looked at the attendance problems NDSU had in 2009? 18k was very rare that year add another 12k at the Robert Morris playoff game. First ever DI home playoff game and you only get a dome roughly 65% full??

Darell I'm living in the here and now not the past. You just had the 6th ranked team (highest ranked team in GF according to reports I read) and yet you still couldn't fill the shed. Just saying.

BisonBacker
September 12th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Haha whatever. Good use of the apostrophe though. I'm proud of you.

Glad you approve I'll be here all day:D

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Darell I'm living in the here and now not the past. You just had the 6th ranked team (highest ranked team in GF according to reports I read) and yet you still couldn't fill the shed. Just saying.

And why do you or any other FU fan care if we sellout out dome or not? We've won a national title without selling out our dome..what's your point?

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 02:26 PM

That may end up being the case, but I trust HS on this saying that the contract is close as long as no more provocations come from Grand Forks.

I'm not sure when the last time SDSU played UND was, but I know this year SDSU took advantage of a rule that allows FCS teams to schedule 12 regular season games. NDSU will only schedule 11 regular season games regardless.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 12th, 2013, 02:26 PM
And why do you or any other FU fan care if we sellout out dome or not? We've won a national title without selling out our dome..what's your point?

You make North Dakota look bad.

Now you're back to whining. You had something going before.

Bisonator
September 12th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Because NDSU refuses to institute premium game pricing, this makes sense. I am one of the UND fans who doesn't care to play ndsu in the regular season as I feel our schedule is looking just fine the way it is. I only post on these discussions because I feel the need to correct misinformation spread by certain posters (not you).

So NDSU is supposed to screw their fans for more money just to get a game in el forke? WTF sense does that make???

Bisonator
September 12th, 2013, 02:34 PM
woops, sorry UNDBIZ I didn't quite read close enough to see you were agreeing. My bad...

BisonBacker
September 12th, 2013, 02:37 PM
You (the UN_ fans) or your administration or both are clamoring to get this game going because you don't sell out the shed otherwise. I wouldn't put it past BF to have asked Dave St. Peter to write that letter to try to put pressure on to get the game scheduled. He's tried about everything else. Kinda sad really.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 02:38 PM
That may end up being the case, but I trust HS on this saying that the contract is close as long as no more provocations come from Grand Forks.

I'm not sure when the last time SDSU played UND was, but I know this year SDSU took advantage of a rule that allows FCS teams to schedule 12 regular season games. NDSU will only schedule 11 regular season games regardless.

UND broke off all games with SDSU when they moved up but unlike what NDSU did SDSU and UND agreed to a home and home in 2010 in Brookings and 2013 in Grand Forks. UND just signed a home and home with USD and Missouri State. So since 2003 UND will have played these MVFC teams...SDSU, USD, Missouri St, UNI and SIU. UNI was when we were in DII in 06.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 02:40 PM
So NDSU is supposed to screw their fans for more money just to get a game in el forke? WTF sense does that make???

That's a choice ndsu has to make (and apparently due to the lack of a scheduled game, has made). I was just pointing out that the option is there to make more money off of a home game against UND. If ndsu chooses to charge less in order to make their fans happy then good for them. I'm sure they've considered whether the fans are happier paying less to watch ndsu beat up a non-scholly team than if they had to pay more to watch ndsu and UND play and that's why we are where we are today.

Bisonator
September 12th, 2013, 02:41 PM
UND broke off all games with SDSU when they moved up but unlike what NDSU did SDSU and UND agreed to a home and home in 2010 in Brookings and 2013 in Grand Forks. UND just signed a home and home with USD and Missouri State. So since 2003 UND will have played these MVFC teams...SDSU, USD, Missouri St, UNI and SIU. UNI was when we were in DII in 06.

And those teams don't sell out their stadiums either so what's your point?

TennBison
September 12th, 2013, 02:42 PM
You said before that it was addressed to BF. Well how did the staff member get it to take pictures of it then. BF showed it to someone and let them take pictures of it. Or are you saying that the staff member broke into his office and took pics without his knowledge.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 02:42 PM
woops, sorry UNDBIZ I didn't quite read close enough to see you were agreeing. My bad...

No worries. Agreement between our peoples is rare. xsmiley_wix

Bisonator
September 12th, 2013, 02:44 PM
That's a choice ndsu has to make (and apparently due to the lack of a scheduled game, has made). I was just pointing out that the option is there to make more money off of a home game against UND. If ndsu chooses to charge less in order to make their fans happy then good for them. I'm sure they've considered whether the fans are happier paying less to watch ndsu beat up a non-scholly team than if they had to pay more to watch ndsu and UND play and that's why we are where we are today.

The fact is NDSU doesn't have to charge the fans more to see them play one less home game. The fans get 2 home games for the same price as 1 if it's UN_.

bisonboone11
September 12th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Ok. In an attempt to come to a close on this topic, I am going to say what every NDSU fan is thinking and knows is the true reason NDSU won't schedule UND. So here it goes.

The real reason that NDSU won't schedule UND is every NDSU fan knows that UND, with their superior football program, would absolutely destroy NDSU. It wouldn't even be close. UND would be able to put their third stringers in before halftime. UND would dominate every single aspect of the game. On defense, UND would shut down NDSU's run game, causing NDSU to attempt to pass, which obviously wouldn't work against UND outstanding secondary. NDSU would eventually just start punting on first down so they didn't have to put their team through the misery of getting shut down on every play. On the other side of the ball, UND's quarterbacks would pick apart NDSU's pass defense. For fun, Molberg would decide to complete a 60 yard pass to himself and run it in for a touchdown. Then, UND would teach NDSU how to run the ball, putting up 300 yards on the ground in the second quarter. Our veteran defense will be exposed for how weak they truly are. I mean, let's be honest. They have obviously just been hiding behind all of their flaws, but Coach Mussman the rest of UND's superior coaching staff will be the ones to expose all of the flaws in NDSU's defense. At halftime, Coach Bohl will try calling every FBS school to get a new job, just hoping that none of them watched the first half. Unfortunately, word had spread like wildfire, and Coach Bohl can't even get a job coaching pee wee football, and therefore goes into hiding, I mean retirement. The assistant coaches will also follow suit, and the team will be left without coaches for the second half. By midway through the 3rd quarter, UND will feel so bad for NDSU, that they let Brock Jensen run one in for a touchdown so he can get one last "discount double check" in before he quits the team. Unfortunately, he is so depressed, he only does a "discount single check" and proceeds to walk out the doors and directly back to his home in Wisconsin. The rest of the team follows him out the doors, and that will be the end of NDSU football as we know it... That is, until NDSU decides to move up to the FBS to escape UND again.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 02:47 PM
You said before that it was addressed to BF. Well how did the staff member get it to take pictures of it then. BF showed it to someone and let them take pictures of it. Or are you saying that the staff member broke into his office and took pics without his knowledge.

I'd guess it was addressed to the UND athletics department. Even if it was addressed to Brian Faison at the athletics department, I'd be surprised if he didn't have somebody else to go through his mail and sort out the important vs. unimportant stuff. Regardless, it was a funny situation and I'm not really sure why some of you were so hurt over it.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 02:47 PM
And those teams don't sell out their stadiums either so what's your point?

I am replying to Mplsbison's question about the last time SDSU played UND...try to keep up.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Ok. In an attempt to come to a close on this topic, I am going to say what every NDSU fan is thinking and knows is the true reason NDSU won't schedule UND. So here it goes.

The real reason that NDSU won't schedule UND is every NDSU fan knows that UND, with their superior football program, would absolutely destroy NDSU. It wouldn't even be close. UND would be able to put their third stringers in before halftime. UND would dominate every single aspect of the game. On defense, UND would shut down NDSU's run game, causing NDSU to attempt to pass, which obviously wouldn't work against UND outstanding secondary. NDSU would eventually just start punting on first down so they didn't have to put their team through the misery of getting shut down on every play. On the other side of the ball, UND's quarterbacks would pick apart NDSU's pass defense. For fun, Molberg would decide to complete a 60 yard pass to himself and run it in for a touchdown. Then, UND would teach NDSU how to run the ball, putting up 300 yards on the ground in the second quarter. Our veteran defense will be exposed for how weak they truly are. I mean, let's be honest. They have obviously just been hiding behind all of their flaws, but Coach Mussman the rest of UND's superior coaching staff will be the ones to expose all of the flaws in NDSU's defense. At halftime, Coach Bohl will try calling every FBS school to get a new job, just hoping that none of them watched the first half. Unfortunately, word had spread like wildfire, and Coach Bohl can't even get a job coaching pee wee football, and therefore goes into hiding, I mean retirement. The assistant coaches will also follow suit, and the team will be left without coaches for the second half. By midway through the 3rd quarter, UND will feel so bad for NDSU, that they let Brock Jensen run one in for a touchdown so he can get one last "discount double check" in before he quits the team. Unfortunately, he is so depressed, he only does a "discount single check" and proceeds to walk out the doors and directly back to his home in Wisconsin. The rest of the team follows him out the doors, and that will be the end of NDSU football as we know it... That is, until NDSU decides to move up to the FBS to escape UND again.

You just described what happened in 2003. ;)

Bisonator
September 12th, 2013, 02:50 PM

But we can say we went toe to toe with them! xlolx

TennBison
September 12th, 2013, 02:51 PM
I myself take that incident with a grain of salt, it was a screw up by the NCAA, and UND had some fun with it. But there is a more likely scenario that you have not considered, I believe that the NCAA wanted UND to have an idea of what a NCAA DI NC banner looks like and that is why it was sent there.
I noticed that you have still avoided the question, you expect GT to control the football fans and what they chant at a game, but BF can't control his staff from going into his office and taking pictures without his permission (as you would have us believe is the only way they got pictures of it).

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 02:52 PM

You forgot to mention the mass suicides taking place in Fargo over the following week, but at least we're all on the same page now. I call this "come to jesus meeting" to a close. Thanks everybody for attending. I really feel we got most of the issues stamped out.

Bisonator
September 12th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I am replying to Mplsbison's question about the last time SDSU played UND...try to keep up.

And I'm explaining why NDSU is different! Try to keep up.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 02:53 PM
I myself take that incident with a grain of salt, it was a screw up by the NCAA, and UND had some fun with it. But there is a more likely scenario that you have not considered, I believe that the NCAA wanted UND to have an idea of what a NCAA DI NC banner looks like and that is why it was sent there.
I noticed that you have still avoided the question, you expect GT to control the football fans and what they chant at a game, but BF can't control his staff from going into his office and taking pictures without his permission (as you would have us believe is the only way they got pictures of it).

We did already have 7 of them, but it was probably a good experience for Faison to see one up close so I thank you.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 02:58 PM

I didn't say it was in his office or the staff didn't have permission to take pictures. There was no media there to take pics so what harm could it do if a staff member sent a pic to a friend or family member, but for Bison fans getting uptight over this is funny. But your point of the NCAA doing this intentionally is possible because it was delivered when voting on retiring the Sioux nickname was going on. Keep the name and you won't see one of these.

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 02:59 PM

Valid point, but I explained NDSU's scheduling priorities.

TennBison
September 12th, 2013, 02:59 PM
The bigger more successful ones usually do, how many does UND have ???

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 03:02 PM
The bigger more successful ones usually do, how many does UND have ???

Just Brian Faison the best one they have had in a long time, RT was good until not letting UND move up, his downfall.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Just Brian Faison the best one they have had in a long time, RT was good until not letting UND move up, his downfall.

Faison has been great in that he created one conference and got us into 3 others (Big Sky, WAC, and wherever swimming/diving is), but I worry about what responsibility he bears for losing the Minnesota rivalry and not getting the ndsu rivalry back sooner. Perhaps he had no control and the gophers are just acting highbrow, but I'm not ready to throw all my support behind him.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Faison has been great in that he created one conference and got us into 3 others (Big Sky, WAC, and wherever swimming/diving is), but I worry about what responsibility he bears for losing the Minnesota rivalry and not getting the ndsu rivalry back sooner. Perhaps he had no control and the gophers are just acting highbrow, but I'm not ready to throw all my support behind him.

Conpared to Bunning, Thomas, and current Sac St AD Terry Wannless, I would rank Faison high on the list, he also had to deal with the nickname, and the threat of teams backing out/ not scheduling UND due to the nickname issue. The GT thing is not Faison's fault since he wasn't there in 03, as for the Gophers even the Mpls media is ripping them as Lucia came up with pretty crappy excuses why they don't continue the rivalry, especially when Wisconsin had room to schedule UND maybe it was the continuous butt-kicking they got from UND. With a crappy conference like the B1G they will need more of the UND's to up their SOS.

TennBison
September 12th, 2013, 03:24 PM
We did already have 7 of them, but it was probably a good experience for Faison to see one up close so I thank you.

Really, because last time I was at the Alerus I didn't see any DI football banners hanging up there in the rafters. Oh I see what your trying to brag about now,it's the sport of hockey. Go to the hockey forum for that one.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 12th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Really, because last time I was at the Alerus I didn't see any DI football banners hanging up there in the rafters. Oh I see what your trying to brag about now,it's the sport of hockey. Go to the hockey forum for that one.

I know, right? 59 teams compete in Division I hockey. How ****ing competitive can that be?

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Conpared to Bunning, Thomas, and current Sac St AD Terry Wannless, I would rank Faison high on the list, he also had to deal with the nickname, and the threat of teams backing out/ not scheduling UND due to the nickname issue. The GT thing is not Faison's fault since he wasn't there in 03, as for the Gophers even the Mpls media is ripping them as Lucia came up with pretty crappy excuses why they don't continue the rivalry, especially when Wisconsin had room to schedule UND maybe it was the continuous butt-kicking they got from UND. With a crappy conference like the B1G they will need more of the UND's to up their SOS.

Or maybe it's because Faison is an @$$hole, which I have heard from people who worked for him. When one pompous @$$ (Faison) runs into another pompous @$$ (Maturi/Taylor), the results are often negative. Lucia's excuses were awful, but maybe he couldn't give the real reason the rivalry is on a break because it would appear unprofessional. I'm not saying this is what happened, I'm just playing devil's advocate a bit.

TennBison
September 12th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Valid point, but I explained NDSU's scheduling priorities.

Does anyone else notice that the UND fans will argue every point except for that one. They jump on everything thing else but never try to answer that one. They don't seem to get that their football team just does not fit into what is important for what NDSU is looking for at this time. 1 FBS game and 2 home OCC games, I am sure that off the record NDSU has offered them the latter.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 03:33 PM

Sorry, I forgot only banners for Division 1 FCS football championships count as Division 1 championship banners. My bad.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 03:36 PM
I know, right? 59 teams compete in Division I hockey. How ****ing competitive can that be?

I'd rather not get into a hockey vs. football argument on this board because I know you guys will never drop it, but ask Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St, and Notre Dame. Or perhaps your conference mates Nebraska Omaha and Denver.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Or maybe it's because Faison is an @$$hole, which I have heard from people who worked for him. When one pompous @$$ (Faison) runs into another pompous @$$ (Maturi/Taylor), the results are often negative. Lucia's excuses were awful, but maybe he couldn't give the real reason the rivalry is on a break because it would appear unprofessional. I'm not saying this is what happened, I'm just playing devil's advocate a bit.

True.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 12th, 2013, 03:41 PM
I'd rather not get into a hockey vs. football argument on this board because I know you guys will never drop it, but ask Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St, and Notre Dame. Or perhaps your conference mates Nebraska Omaha and Denver.

27% of the schools in the division make the playoffs every year. Come on.

RPI, N Michigan, Lake Superior State? Come on.

UNDBIZ
Does anyone else notice that the UND fans will argue every point except for that one. They jump on everything thing else but never try to answer that one. They don't seem to get that their football team just does not fit into what is important for what NDSU is looking for at this time. 1 FBS game and 2 home OCC games, I am sure that off the record NDSU has offered them the latter.

It's because that point is invalid. Ndsu has deviated from their "scheduling priorities" for several schools, a couple of whom never made the return trip.

TennBison
Sorry, I forgot only banners for Division 1 FCS football championships count as Division 1 championship banners. My bad.

Why would I talk about any other sport besides football championships, this is a FCS football website and we are talking about UND vs NDSU football.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 12th, 2013, 03:42 PM

Faison looks successful purely because UND is a cash cow. If he didn't have the revenue and donation stream coming in, he would look like **** and be out on his ear.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 03:42 PM

Obviously GT didn't follow the latter since you guys did travel to Bozeman, SHSU, Sioux Falls, and soon Missoula. UND has 5 home games next year due to our home and home with Missouri St, sonetimes you do have to go on the road.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Faison looks successful purely because UND is a cash cow. If he didn't have the revenue and donation stream coming in, he would look like **** and be out on his ear.

So that's Faison's fault they have a lot of alumni who give back to their school, yes alumni like Ralph Engelstad, Sally Smith (CEO Buffalo Wild Wings) etc are millionaires but not all are. I have classmates that are UND grads that aren't millionaires. NDSU could have things UND does but choose to spend their money on football, and say to hell with the rest of the sports (SHAC).

NoDak 4 Ever
September 12th, 2013, 03:49 PM
So that's Faison's fault they have a lot of alumni who give back to their school, yes alumni like Ralph Engelstad, Sally Smith (CEO Buffalo Wild Wings) etc are millionaires but not all are. I have classmates that are UND grads that aren't millionaires. NDSU could have things UND does but choose to spend their money on football, and say to hell with the rest of the sports (SHAC).

I'm saying the money covers up the dumb mistakes and makes them look much better than they are.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 03:51 PM

Most UND fans aren't happy about that either.

Sorry if any of these teams actually have fans, but...... Bryant, Central Connecticut St, Gardner-Webb, Marist, Prairie View A&M, Saint Francis, Stetson, Valparaiso?? Come on.

TennBison
September 12th, 2013, 03:52 PM
It's because that point is invalid. Ndsu has deviated from their "scheduling priorities" for several schools, a couple of whom never made the return trip.

Let me help educate your small inoperative mind, this has been discussed in this thread before, those teams that we had home and home contracts with before were at the top of FCS football and we wanted to get recognition by playing them. Now that we are at the top we get to set up and control who we play and when, and right now it is not a game at UND. When we played those schools we were trying to build up recognition and had to play by their rules, since we did that, we now get to call the shots. If you don't like it then just keep on doing what your school does and play other teams. Or better yet, win your games and do what is needed to play us in the playoffs, because that is what NDSU fans are hoping for. If your team does its job you can play us every year that way.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 03:53 PM
UND is a cash cow.

Thank you. ;)

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Let me help educate your small inoperative mind, this has been discussed in this thread before, those teams that we had home and home contracts with before were at the top of FCS football and we wanted to get recognition by playing them. Now that we are at the top we get to set up and control who we play and when, and right now it is not a game at UND. When we played those schools we were trying to build up recognition and had to play by their rules, since we did that, we now get to call the shots. If you don't like it then just keep on doing what your school does and play other teams. Or better yet, win your games and do what is needed to play us in the playoffs, because that is what NDSU fans are hoping for. If your team does its job you can play us every year that way.

I'm happy playing other teams. Just pointing out your misleading/invalid statement. At the top of FCS, you will be participating in a home and home with Montana, so apparently that scheduling formula (1 FBS, 2 OOC at home) is far from concrete.

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 03:56 PM

What percent of the FBS go to bowl games? About half?

NoDak 4 Ever
September 12th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Most UND fans aren't happy about that either.

Sorry if any of these teams actually have fans, but...... Bryant, Central Connecticut St, Gardner-Webb, Marist, Prairie View A&M, Saint Francis, Stetson, Valparaiso?? Come on.

I was talking about teams that have been the champion of the highest division in hockey.

TennBison
September 12th, 2013, 03:58 PM

Wrong, while football does use a lot of money, other NDSU sports have done well and made the NCAA tournaments, Mens BB, womens VB, womens softball, and the track and field teams, and womens golf. Might even be something else missing but that should do.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 12th, 2013, 03:58 PM

Yep. If you've been paying attention, I think that's stupid too.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 04:08 PM
I was talking about teams that have been the champion of the highest division in hockey.

Idaho St, Northeast Louisiana, Western Kentucky, Richmond. On the national scene, these schools are just as invisible as the ones you listed.

TennBison
September 12th, 2013, 04:10 PM
I'm happy playing other teams. Just pointing out your misleading/invalid statement. At the top of FCS, you will be participating in a home and home with Montana, so apparently that scheduling formula (1 FBS, 2 OOC at home) is far from concrete.

Your pretty bad at just selecting not even whole sentences to comment about but only part of one. I laid out why we chose those team at the times that we did when we were for the most part starting out in DI football. That formula works for us for the last oh 3-4 years, those games were set up before that. It's what we do now for setting up games that matters. And you UND fans just continue to blow right past that whole point and go right into your " But mommy the big boys won't play with us " tantrum. Get over it, things change as time goes on. Did you see our new uniforms, they are not the same as they were back in 2003.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Wrong, while football does use a lot of money, other NDSU sports have done well and made the NCAA tournaments, Mens BB, womens VB, womens softball, and the track and field teams, and womens golf. Might even be something else missing but that should do.

UND has only been playoff eligible for one year. Mens BB and Womens VB both have a decent chance this year.

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 04:23 PM

Since the 2008 season, NDSU has had an FBS away game and two non-conference home games every year except 2009 when they honored a home/home from 2007 with Sam Houston.

Every other season, including this one, has followed the formula as will 2014. Assuming NDSU does in fact honor its commitment to travel out to Missoula in 2015, that would be the second season since 2008 that the formula would be deviated from. That's two out of eight seasons. More than proving the point.

By that time, we may find that B1G and BigXII teams are no longer willing to schedule NDSU (or FCS schools in general). In that case, that scheduling priority goes away and possibly opens up room to play the game.

The other possibility that I've thrown out in this thread already was for both teams to sacrifice a home game each year to play at a neutral site in Minneapolis (Target Field or the new Vikings stadium) and split the money.

TennBison
September 12th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Obviously GT didn't follow the latter since you guys did travel to Bozeman, SHSU, Sioux Falls, and soon Missoula. UND has 5 home games next year due to our home and home with Missouri St, sonetimes you do have to go on the road.

You must only be reading like 1 out of 5 posts. Mt St, SHSU, and USD were when we were up and coming, and MSU is a highly ranked school. That statement of your has been said and answered many times before.

BisonBacker
September 12th, 2013, 04:25 PM

Apples and Oranges (but I will agree with you that Bowl games are a joke)

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Since the 2008 season, NDSU has had an FBS away game and two non-conference home games every year except 2009 when they honored a home/home from 2007 with Sam Houston.

Every other season, including this one, has followed the formula as will 2014. Assuming NDSU does in fact honor its commitment to travel out to Missoula in 2015, that would be the second season since 2008 that the formula would be deviated from. That's two out of eight seasons. More than proving the point.

By that time, we may find that B1G and BigXII teams are no longer willing to schedule NDSU (or FCS schools in general). In that case, that scheduling priority goes away and possibly opens up room to play the game.

The other possibility that I've thrown out in this thread already was for both teams to sacrifice a home game each year to play at a neutral site in Minneapolis (Target Field or the new Vikings stadium) and split the money.

Build 50,000 seat stadium in Hillsboro. Save rivalry. xlolx

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 04:27 PM

Play in Fargo for $150,000 = Save rivalry xnodx

TennBison
September 12th, 2013, 04:29 PM
UND has only been playoff eligible for one year. Mens BB and Womens VB both have a decent chance this year.

And what does that have to do with the statement you posted and the answer I gave to it. You were saying that NDSU let other sports slip. The lack of eligible time UND has had has nothing to do with the original statement that was made.xsmhxxsmhx

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 04:30 PM

As a business major, I think my plan works out better financially for all parties involved. Sorry.

UNDBIZ
September 12th, 2013, 04:32 PM
And what does that have to do with the statement you posted and the answer I gave to it. You were saying that NDSU let other sports slip. The lack of eligible time UND has had has nothing to do with the original statement that was made.xsmhxxsmhx

I didn't say that, Darell did. Apologies, I thought you were taking a shot at UND's other sports.

TennBison
September 12th, 2013, 04:34 PM

OR
Make the playoffs and get a game at NDSU and save the rivalry.xbowx

TennBison
September 12th, 2013, 04:35 PM
I didn't say that, Darell did. Apologies, I thought you were taking a shot at UND's other sports.

Sorry, replying to so many posts right now that I forgot who made the original post.

MplsBison
September 12th, 2013, 04:48 PM

I'd be curious to know how many alumni from both schools live in the MSP metro. It's gotta be a lot (relatively speaking) and probably #1 and #2 behind the U of Minn (although St Cloud, Mankato and Duluth could be more).

TennBison
September 12th, 2013, 04:59 PM
I'd be curious to know how many alumni from both schools live in the MSP metro. It's gotta be a lot (relatively speaking) and probably #1 and #2 behind the U of Minn (although St Cloud, Mankato and Duluth could be more).

Based on the fact that NDSU brought 30,000 to one of the first games against U of M and had more fans in the stadium than they did, I would say we have more than the U of M does. LOL

darell1976
September 12th, 2013, 05:06 PM

Don't forget the monorail between GF and Fargo. :)

Southern Bison
September 12th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Who would've thought that we'd see another thread like Chattown's "Who's laughing now" from last month?xcoffeex

dbackjon
September 12th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Who would've thought that we'd see another thread like Chattown's "Who's laughing now" from last month?xcoffeex

Chattanooga's going to go to Fargo and beat the Bison?

No_Skill
September 12th, 2013, 06:01 PM

If the band sits in those seats, why are there random people sprinkled throughout? When our band is on the field the section is vacant.

Edit: I see bisonbacker already covered this. This thread is moving too fast.

Professor Chaos
September 12th, 2013, 06:08 PM
It's Over
What?!? Over?!? Did you say over?!? Nothing is over until we've rehashed this same argument at least 37 more times to convince ourselves that ourselves is right and themselves is stupid...

IBleedYellow
September 12th, 2013, 06:10 PM

It's pretty simple when you let NDSU and UND posters into the same thread. More laughing material, too.

Southern Bison
September 12th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Chattanooga's going to go to Fargo and beat the Bison?

Actually, Coach Bohl has already sent a letter of forfeiture to UT-C for any future game that might be scheduled.

robsnotes4u
September 12th, 2013, 06:14 PM
If we ever play again, this forum will explode. If you take the Bison off here I bet the participation drops 70%.

dbackjon
September 12th, 2013, 06:22 PM
What?!? Over?!? Did you say over?!? Nothing is over until we've rehashed this same argument at least 37 more times to convince ourselves that ourselves is right and themselves is stupid...

Son - Drunk, Bison and Nicknameless is no way to go through life

dbackjon
September 12th, 2013, 06:22 PM
Actually, Coach Bohl has already sent a letter of forfeiture to UT-C for any future game that might be scheduled.

Probably wise - the Chatty band is pretty ruthless

aces1180
September 12th, 2013, 08:00 PM
As a business major, I think my plan works out better financially for all parties involved. Sorry.

As a PR professional, by doing a home/home, whereas NDSU must raise ticket prices to make up for losing a home game, that's not doable...Try again.

SDFS
September 12th, 2013, 09:08 PM

I recommend that everyone do your own research and draw your own conclusions. I find the poster in question is spot on in terms of regulations and procedure. But, he can at times draw some very reaching conclusions. Like the one posted in is thread as the gospel according BV.. amazing stuff..

Bisonoline
September 12th, 2013, 09:55 PM
Ive been traveling the last two days. 40 pages in just two days. Thank god there isnt a rivalry. You can imagine what would happen then.

xlolx

UNDBIZ
September 13th, 2013, 08:06 AM
As a PR professional, by doing a home/home, whereas NDSU must raise ticket prices to make up for losing a home game, that's not doable...Try again.

I was being sarcastic about my post to build a 50,000 seat stadium in Hillsboro. You guys really struggle sometimes.

Bisonator
September 13th, 2013, 08:18 AM
When Faison has been trying to schedule games with schools other then NDSU, does he usually discuss the negotiations with the media before a deal is reached?

aces1180
September 13th, 2013, 08:23 AM
I was being sarcastic about my post to build a 50,000 seat stadium in Hillsboro. You guys really struggle sometimes.

Actually, you did mention premium pricing in an earlier post.

BisonBacker
September 13th, 2013, 08:27 AM
When Faison has been trying to schedule games with schools other then NDSU, does he usually discuss the negotiations with the media before a deal is reached?

He's writing a book on how to put together a schedule and there will be a whole chapter devoted to contacting the media. Another one on lobbying politicians to write laws to force a team to play you. Another on how to make an ass of yourself using social media. This thing may have to be printed in multiple issues just to get all his asshatery into the entire publication.

darell1976
September 13th, 2013, 08:31 AM
He's writing a book on how to put together a schedule and there will be a whole chapter devoted to contacting the media. Another one on lobbying politicians to write laws to force a team to play you. Another on how to make an ass of yourself using social media. This thing maybe have to be printed in multiple issues just to get all his asshatery into the entire publication.

At least he can write. :D

UNDBIZ
September 13th, 2013, 08:34 AM
Actually, you did mention premium pricing in an earlier post.

I did. Later I posted about the 50,000 seat Hillsboro stadium in jest, then you quoted that post and stated a $150,000 payment would be better, then I said that my idea was better. I can see how one would get lost in this thread since it is moving kind of fast, but this one seems pretty straight forward. Your buddy IPissYellow neg repped me for that post, so apparently you weren't the only bizun struggling to follow along.

aces1180
September 13th, 2013, 09:10 AM
I did. Later I posted about the 50,000 seat Hillsboro stadium in jest, then you quoted that post and stated a $150,000 payment would be better, then I said that my idea was better. I can see how one would get lost in this thread since it is moving kind of fast, but this one seems pretty straight forward. Your buddy IPissYellow neg repped me for that post, so apparently you weren't the only bizun struggling to follow along.

Yeah, I messed up.

UNDBIZ
September 13th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Yeah, I messed up.

And Johnny Drama says......

http://redstaplerchronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/JohnnyDramaVictory.jpg

Haha sorry. I couldn't resist.

aces1180
September 13th, 2013, 10:32 AM
And Johnny Drama says......

http://redstaplerchronicles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/JohnnyDramaVictory.jpg

Haha sorry. I couldn't resist.

http://t.qkme.me/3ueyln.jpg

UNDBIZ
September 13th, 2013, 10:42 AM
http://t.qkme.me/3ueyln.jpg

In time for lunch.

http://evansheline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/victory-baby-2.jpg

Go Bison
September 13th, 2013, 11:17 AM
The answer to starting the games again is a 12 game schedule every year. Where is Kupchella? He can write a letter to the NCAA.

MplsBison
September 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM
The answer to starting the games again is a 12 game schedule every year. Where is Kupchella? He can write a letter to the NCAA.

Yep, that would do it.

No reason why FBS should get a 12 game regular season schedule (plus a 13th game is allowed for a conference championship) but the rest of the divisions are restricted to 11 games max for most years.

darell1976
September 13th, 2013, 12:06 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Kupchella

Charles E. Kupchella was the 10th president of the University of North Dakota (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_North_Dakota) (UND) which is located in Grand Forks, North Dakota (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Forks,_North_Dakota). He began his presidency in 1999 retired in 2008. He was succeeded by Dr. Robert Kelley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kelley) effective July 1, 2008

He is married to Adele Kupchella, a cancer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cancer) survivor, and they currently make their home in Pennsylvania (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pennsylvania).

Who knows what he does in Pennsylvania.

Bisonator
September 13th, 2013, 12:06 PM
12 game schedule is tough when you add on 2-3 playoff games much less 4 every year. Don't see us scheduling 12 unless we start missing the playoffs.

Remember guys this is college, the players are supposed to be here for an education not so we can watch more football. Did I just say that???

Bisonator
September 13th, 2013, 12:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Kupchella

Who knows what he does in Pennsylvania.

Remembers fondly how he screwed over NDSU and in return UND! :D

darell1976
September 13th, 2013, 12:08 PM
12 game schedule is tough when you add on 2-3 playoff games much less 4 every year. Don't see us scheduling 12 unless we start missing the playoffs.

Remember guys this is college, the players are supposed to be here for an education not so we can watch more football. Did I just say that???

You sound like someone from Oklahoma State.xlolx

Bisonoline
September 13th, 2013, 08:27 PM

i GUESS Basketball didnt get that memo.

Hansel
September 14th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Today's news is an exhibit of why NDSU does not want to give up a home game to play UND, and why UND wants to be associated with NDSU

aces1180
September 14th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Today's news is an exhibit of why NDSU does not want to give up a home game to play UND, and why UND wants to be associated with NDSU

I've already seen posts from UN_ hockey fans saying they are going to wear their jerseys to the event...But yet they will complain if anyone chants Sioux Sucks...

But by their logic, it will be ok to use our publicity to promote their product, but if they are called out for it, its disrespectful.

I can't wait to read the steady stream of jealousy and butthurt coming out of Grand Forks this week.

dbackjon
September 14th, 2013, 02:42 PM

The two are not connected in any way. If GameDay wants to come to Fargo, they will on any one of NDSU's home games. Your statement is absurd.

Both schools need to stop the silliness and play home and home. There is no justification or VALID reason not too.

darell1976
September 14th, 2013, 02:44 PM
I've already seen posts from UN_ hockey fans saying they are going to wear their jerseys to the event...But yet they will complain if anyone chants Sioux Sucks...

But by their logic, it will be ok to use our publicity to promote their product, but if they are called out for it, its disrespectful.
I can't wait to read the steady stream of jealousy and butthurt coming out of Grand Forks this week.

What kind of dumbass statement is this?? ESPN said they are at NDSU not only to promote NDSU but the entire FCS. UND is in the FCS if you haven't noticed. And saying Sioux suck, would be the same if a UND fan showed up with a shirt that said Buck the Fison.

aces1180
September 14th, 2013, 03:11 PM
What kind of dumbass statement is this?? ESPN said they are at NDSU not only to promote NDSU but the entire FCS. UND is in the FCS if you haven't noticed. And saying Sioux suck, would be the same if a UND fan showed up with a shirt that said Buck the Fison.

They are their to showcase NDSU and FCS football...Not UN_ hockey.

darell1976
September 14th, 2013, 03:14 PM
They are their to showcase NDSU and FCS football...Not UN_ hockey.

Who said anything about hockey? So what if they show up in Sioux jerseys, what if a Montana State fan showed up or a Montana fan, or Delaware State fan. Why does the Sioux name and logo offend you? I thought you guys don't care about the rivalry.

aces1180
September 14th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Who said anything about hockey? So what if they show up in Sioux jerseys, what if a Montana State fan showed up or a Montana fan, or Delaware State fan. Why does the Sioux name and logo offend you? I thought you guys don't care about the rivalry.

You obviously have an issue following what I posted, so let me explain:

I've seen posts from UN_ hockey fans (notice I didn't say where the posts were) saying they are going to be their to promote UN_ hockey, not football...

I have no issue whatsoever if SDSU, Montana, UNI, UN_ etc. fans show up to support FCS football, but I do think using this venue to try and gain exposure for UN_ hockey is ridiculous.

And please tell me where I wrote that I don't care about the rivalry? I want the game played, only in Fargo.

Got it?

darell1976
September 14th, 2013, 03:22 PM
You obviously have an issue following what I posted, so let me explain:

I've seen posts from UN_ hockey fans (notice I didn't say where the posts were) saying they are going to be their to promote UN_ hockey, not football...

I have no issue whatsoever if SDSU, Montana, UNI, UN_ etc. fans show up to support FCS football, but I do think using this venue to try and gain exposure for UN_ hockey is ridiculous.

And please tell me where I wrote that I don't care about the rivalry? I want the game played, only in Fargo.

Got it?

Please post where you saw these. I saw on SS where a Bison fan (Herd) said UND should fly some ND flags there. So if you saw a UND flag (with or without the Sioux logo) should the Sioux Suck chant start?

aces1180
September 14th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Please post where you saw these. I saw on SS where a Bison fan (Herd) said UND should fly some ND flags there. So if you saw a UND flag (with or without the Sioux logo) should the Sioux Suck chant start?

You think I am going to share who I follow on Twitter and who I am friends with Facebook with you? Um no...

Let me repeat...

UN_ hockey fans only (its pretty easy to pick them out of a crowd) = bad

UN_ football fans = tolerable

darell1976
September 14th, 2013, 03:33 PM
You think I am going to share who I follow on Twitter and who I am friends with Facebook with you? Um no...

Let me repeat...

UN_ hockey fans only (its pretty easy to pick them out of a crowd) = bad

UN_ football fans = tolerable

All I know is its not on the hockey threads on SiouxSports since the last post there was 10:49pm last night. So if a couple UND fans are talking smack on twitter about what bringing a sign that says UND hockey is great or something. Then any fan that shows up with a Sioux logo should be mocked with Sioux Suck Chants. Yeah that is really going to be a good show for Gene Taylor, NDSU's President, other fanbases, and oh don't forget the Native Americans who don't like fans yelling Sioux Suck to begin with. Stay Classy.

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2013, 03:35 PM
All I know is its not on the hockey threads on SiouxSports since the last post there was 10:49pm last night. So if a couple UND fans are talking smack on twitter about what bringing a sign that says UND hockey is great or something. Then any fan that shows up with a Sioux logo should be mocked with Sioux Suck Chants. Yeah that is really going to be a good show for Gene Taylor, NDSU's President, other fanbases, and oh don't forget the Native Americans who don't like fans yelling Sioux Suck to begin with. Stay Classy.

You sound really butthurt in this post.

Come and join the festivities in Fargo on the 21st, NDSU fans will welcome you and your friends in droves.

IE: Suround you in a sea of yellow and drown you out with cheers.

aces1180
September 14th, 2013, 03:36 PM

You're a fun person to rile up...Enjoy your game tonight...I'm sure Dan Hammer will mention this positive news for NDSU a few times during the broadcast

As far as your last sentence goes, same to you.

darell1976
September 14th, 2013, 03:36 PM
You sound really butthurt in this post.

Come and join the festivities in Fargo on the 21st, NDSU fans will welcome you and your friends in droves.

IE: Suround you in a sea of yellow and drown you out with cheers.

I just think yelling Sioux Suck is stupid if someone shows up wearing a UND logo. I am sure the Bison football fans that cheer for UND hockey loves that. Oh I will stay classy I don't have a Bison suck t-shirt and when UND was playing SDSU I didn't yell out Bison suck.

darell1976
September 14th, 2013, 03:38 PM
You're a fun person to rile up...Enjoy your game tonight...I'm sure Dan Hammer will mention this positive news for NDSU a few times during the broadcast

As far as your last sentence goes, same to you.

And good luck against...well Bye University. And yes Dan Hammer (wish he would go back to KVLY) will mention it I am sure.

IBleedYellow
September 14th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I just think yelling Sioux Suck is stupid if someone shows up wearing a UND logo. I am sure the Bison football fans that cheer for UND hockey loves that. Oh I will stay classy I don't have a Bison suck t-shirt and when UND was playing SDSU I didn't yell out Bison suck.

Nor do I. Once again, your tone right now shows someone who is butthurt, or at least riled up. It's funny.

The 21st, showup. I'd have beers waiting for you.

darell1976
September 14th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Nor do I. Once again, your tone right now shows someone who is butthurt, or at least riled up. It's funny.

The 21st, showup. I'd have beers waiting for you.

Wish I could but I work. But my wife and her friends are all excited for ESPN showing up. If they aren't having it at the dome I would think Newman Outdoor Field would be an ideal place, at least its not supposed to rain unlike today.

aces1180
September 14th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Based on what we saw tonight, it's apparent that UN_ ranks the same as just another OOC opponent...Take the guarantee and be happy.

BisonBacker
September 14th, 2013, 09:18 PM

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 11:06 AM
I didn't want to start another thread but someone else want the rivalry renewed....

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/273562
(http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/273562)

GRAND FORKS, N.D. – Former Notre Dame football coach Lou Holtz told North Dakota State University and University of North Dakota presidents this week he can’t believe the two longtime rivals don’t play each other.
The ESPN football analyst is in Grand Forks to speak to the North Dakota Petroleum Council annual meeting this morning. Holtz said he enjoyed having dinner Tuesday night with presidents and athletic directors from NDSU and UND.
“I just think that is insane that two great schools, 70 miles apart or so, are not playing one another,” Holtz said.

Holtz, who also coached at the University of Minnesota and in the NFL, now works as an analyst for ESPN. The cable network is bringing its GameDay pregame show to broadcast from Fargo on Saturday.“North Dakota State can fill up the stadium anyway, but it’d be a great money-maker for both schools, I think,” Holtz said. “The Legislature needs to get involved.”
Holtz said he predicted on four shows that NDSU would beat Kansas State and called it a “no-brainer” to pick the Bison.
“They know how to win. They’ve won two championships in a row,” Holtz said. “Most teams would have folded. But they’re used to winning and they expect to win.”

I wonder if they would bring up the rivalry on ESPN Gameday. As for the legislature getting involved Lou...been there done that, failed.

UNDBIZ
September 18th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I didn't want to start another thread but someone else want the rivalry renewed....

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/273562
(http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/273562)I wonder if they would bring up the rivalry on ESPN Gameday. As for the legislature getting involved Lou...been there done that, failed.

The legislature should stay out of it. If they get involved they'll create a requirement that's bad for both schools.

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 11:13 AM
The legislature should stay out of it. If they get involved they'll create a requirement that's bad for both schools.

Has the legislature ever done anything for the good of the schools? (cough, cough, state law on UND nickname, cough, cough)

NoDak 4 Ever
September 18th, 2013, 11:28 AM

even if they did create a law that stated the teams needed to play every year, that wouldn't really be bad for the schools.

Like I said, get a big sponsor for the game that fills in the gate gaps.

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2013, 11:34 AM
Since it is about money, play the game in Fargo every year. The Fargodome has more capacity...I'm glad we all see eye-to-eye in this now. We can get sponsors for the game as well. It would be for the "benefit of the state of North Dakota".

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 11:44 AM
even if they did create a law that stated the teams needed to play every year, that wouldn't really be bad for the schools.

Like I said, get a big sponsor for the game that fills in the gate gaps.

Who could be a huge sponsor?? Oil companies? Sanford/Altru hospital? Banks?

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Since it is about money, play the game in Fargo every year. The Fargodome has more capacity...I'm glad we all see eye-to-eye in this now. We can get sponsors for the game as well. It would be for the "benefit of the state of North Dakota".

If it is at the Fargodome every year both teams would be given the same amount of tickets so home field advantage may go down for NDSU as both play in domes and UND does have a lot of fans in Fargo.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 18th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Who could be a huge sponsor?? Oil companies? Sanford/Altru hospital? Banks?

Proseed, Bobcat, any number of Farm implement companies. Sanford is a good one.

Bank of ND, something like that.

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2013, 11:49 AM
If it is at the Fargodome every year both teams would be given the same amount of tickets so home field advantage may go down for NDSU as both play in domes and UND does have a lot of fans in Fargo.

Wrong, NDSU has 12,500 season ticket holders, plus 4k students. That puts us at 16,500 out of the 18,700 seats. I have a hard time believing UND would grab all of the remaining 2k either.

Go Bison
September 18th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Anyone sensing a pattern here? NDSU beat K-State and the Twins President writes a column about NDSU and UND playing. NDSU gets ESPN College GameDay to come to town and the topic gets brought up again. Anytime NDSU has success(which has been a lot in the last 10 years) UND tries to stick their nose in there to get attention.

Bisonator
September 18th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Anyone sensing a pattern here? NDSU beat K-State and the Twins President writes a column about NDSU and UND playing. NDSU gets ESPN College GameDay to come to town and the topic gets brought up again. Anytime NDSU has success(which has been a lot in the last 10 years) UND tries to stick their nose in there to get attention.

It's all they can do, have you seen the product they're putting on the field???:D

aces1180
September 18th, 2013, 12:00 PM

http://images.wikia.com/video-game-championship-wrestling/images/9/94/Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

Go Bison
September 18th, 2013, 12:01 PM
It's all they can do, have you seen the product they're putting on the field???:D

Actually, I haven't seen them play but I see the headlines. Did they go toe-to-toe with their last opponent?

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 12:08 PM

Yep it's all a UND conspiracy to get the rivalry going, they told Holtz that they will personally schedule this oil convention just to get him to come to talk only about the rivalry. You hit the nail on the head.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 18th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Yep it's all a UND conspiracy to get the rivalry going, they told Holtz that they will personally schedule this oil convention just to get him to come to talk only about the rivalry. You hit the nail on the head.

Amy Dalrymple (yes, relation) wrote the piece. She is not a GF Herald reporter. She went form the Forum to write for their Oil Patch publication.

darell1976
September 18th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Wrong, NDSU has 12,500 season ticket holders, plus 4k students. That puts us at 16,500 out of the 18,700 seats. I have a hard time believing UND would grab all of the remaining 2k either.

You said its a sponsored game that should be held in Fargo every year not a home game for NDSU, concider it the snow bowl 2.0 UND vs (not at) NDSU sponsored by XXXX so in that situation here is 9350 tickets for SU and 9350 for UND.

BisonFan02
September 18th, 2013, 12:15 PM
You said its a sponsored game that should be held in Fargo every year not a home game for NDSU, concider it the snow bowl 2.0 UND vs (not at) NDSU sponsored by XXXX so in that situation here is 9350 tickets for SU and 9350 for UND.

Since when does a "sponsored" game require a 50/50 split for tickets? Bring back the Trees Bowl! :D NDSU can locate the sponsors and put the game on statewide NBC like the rest of them are.

Go Bison
September 18th, 2013, 12:18 PM

This happens all the time. Look at the article. Lou Holtz talked a lot about NDSU and beating K-State but what gets the headline? Oh yeah, NDSU and UND should play.