PDA

View Full Version : Twins President Chyme's in on NDSU & UND Rivalry

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

MplsBison
September 6th, 2013, 11:27 PM
This whole convo is ridiculous in the first place, but I will humor it. Youngstown heads east to the CAA for football...add UND to the Summit/MVFC. MVC stays the same in all sports sans football since Youngstown is in the Horizon, and the Summit adds a member.

MVFC:

NDSU
UND
SDSU
USD
UNI
WIU
ISU red
SIU
ISU blue
Mo State

Summit:

NDSU
UND
SDSU
USD
WIU
IUPUI
IPFW
Denver
UNO

Nine isn't a good number for a basketball conference. Therefore, adding a travel partner for Western Illinois or Denver would be the logical attempt. Both of those have reasonably close schools in conferences that would be a lateral move in men's basketball to the Summit: Eastern Illinois (Ohio Valley) and Northern Colorado (Big Sky). Lo and behold, both also have football. Therefore, if either was also added (in addition to UND) the Summit would have six teams and could start their own football conference.

darell1976
September 7th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Except for Hockey, is there ANY SPORT at UND that there isn't a SUMMIT sponsored sport? Wrestling perhaps? Know a western conference looking to add members there too. Swimming Baseball Soccer Volleyball Track (Indoor/Outdoor), X-Country, basketball. Pick up two Football schools, then Summit has the minimum 6, but I'd rather it continue being a 10 or 12 member MVFC/Summit, altho with the expansion to 24, there is more AQ's available to have two champs. But 9 or 12 teams makes a much more secure set of 8 games.

Title IX took out wrestling.

TennBison
September 7th, 2013, 08:16 AM
For ten plus years now I have been a Bison fan from afar since meeting my girlfriend/wife. She as some Bisonvillers know is a NDSU alum (and insane football fan) and we have only recently (last year)moved back to the Fargo area . My very first impressions of NDSU football came from videos on the internet, then, more recently internet streaming for games, and now I am able to attend games due to living in Fargo. My very first Bison game was against Montana when we were transitioning from DII to DI. It was a fluke that we were able to go to the game due to being on vacation at the time. I had heard a lot of stories about the NDSU and UND rivalry and how great it was and tons of history from the girlfriend and more so her family who are all huge NDSU football fans and alumni as well. Do any Bison fans remember an ESPN (correct me if I am wrong) special that probably came out around 20 years ago(I was not a fan then). It had the NDSU/UND rivalry in it (they referred to it as FIRE and ICE)with a handful of other schools as well of all different levels but they intentionally left out the big DI schools on purpose. That was my very first visual look at NDSU football, I believe R.Hager was the coach for NDSU and R.Thomas was the UND coach. Hager talked about the rivalry and how losing to UND was like 364 days of hell. Not ever knowing the guy, he seemed to be everything that you could ask for in a football coach, he really seemed to love Bison football, it was his dream job. Now, at one point in that special they are talking to the AD of UND and how important the games are between the two schools for the state and the people. I think there is a lot of truth to that, it is important. But that does not mean the game needs to be played, Delaware and Delaware St don't play and no one is loosing there minds. Truth is without a doubt that UND cut ties with NDSU football wise, they claimed that a win over U of M Crookston was a better win than against NDSU. While NDSU wanted to go out and expand its program and move on and up to bigger and better things. NDSU was openly mocked and ridiculed by UND officials and fans for doing so. Only to turn around just a few short years later and make the same move themselves after watching NDSU have success in many ways. NDSU offered to keep the rivalry going in football but UND Said NO and in a very clear way. Now UND needs NDSU, and wants the game to start again. So yeah, in my mind NDSU does and should hold all the cards. Home games only at the Fargodome, no travel to UND. Games played maybe every other year. And if UND does not like it then they can go back to playing the SD school of Mines or the U of M Crookston. I don't see any reason to give up our game plan for scheduling OOC games, winnable FBS teams and home FCS games. NDSU is the top dog right now FCS and as far as what teams we playand where for OOC games we should be setting the rules and not having them dictated to us. As should any other team near the top of the league.

Red & Black
September 7th, 2013, 08:41 AM
A lot of this seems pretty petty. It seems ridiculous that the two main universities of a state that are geographically separated by 90 miles do not play one another. Put all the crap aside and do what's best for both fan bases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

robsnotes4u
September 7th, 2013, 09:00 AM
A lot of this seems pretty petty. It seems ridiculous that the two main universities of a state that are geographically separated by 90 miles do not play one another. Put all the crap aside and do what's best for both fan bases.

Amen, and its less than 90, closer to 75

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NoDak 4 Ever
September 7th, 2013, 09:21 AM

It's amazing that people who aren't blinded by stupidity and pettiness can see how much sense it makes.

biggame
September 7th, 2013, 09:21 AM
What I don't get is NDSU fans saying UND needs NDSU but that simply isn't true. Neither school needs the other, but it's makes sense in almost every possible way to start playing again. It's just stupid that people being butt hurt over this for such an extended period of time. Get over it and yourselves! The people at UND at the time that screwed up aren't even around any more.

UNDColorado
September 7th, 2013, 09:28 AM
So why not play in the same conference as your hockey rival and alumni hotspot (U of Denver) and convince Northern Colorado to come with you?

You'll both have an easier time in travel as well as getting auto-bids to the NCAA tournament. And it would definitely help out Summit baseball.

And then you'd have a Summit football conference on top of that.

That is a good idea, however Denver despises UNC. I don't know all the details but it seems DU would rather drop all sports before joining a conference with UNC.

No_Skill
September 7th, 2013, 10:04 AM
It's amazing that people who aren't blinded by stupidity and pettiness can see how much sense it makes.

I'm not blinded by it...in fact I embrace it. Yes, there are many logical reasons to avoid the game, but I personally want to avoid it for spite. Pure spite...and I'm cool with that.

TennBison
September 7th, 2013, 10:53 AM
What I don't get is NDSU fans saying UND needs NDSU but that simply isn't true. Neither school needs the other, but it's makes sense in almost every possible way to start playing again. It's just stupid that people being butt hurt over this for such an extended period of time. Get over it and yourselves! The people at UND at the time that screwed up aren't even around any more.

Sure it is, your school has attendance problems, not even close to selling out your games. You have no signature wins, playing a two time defending champ would help that. Anything that will get you guys publicity is what you need and NDSU would be your ticket. NDSU however has none of those problems, and to the average football fan across the country NDSU is a popular known commodity at the FCS level.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 7th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I'm not blinded by it...in fact I embrace it. Yes, there are many logical reasons to avoid the game, but I personally want to avoid it for spite. Pure spite...and I'm cool with that.

As little as you can see it, it would be good for FCS, North Dakota, both cities, both schools, and the ND University System as a whole.

MplsBison
September 7th, 2013, 01:10 PM
That is a good idea, however Denver despises UNC. I don't know all the details but it seems DU would rather drop all sports before joining a conference with UNC.

Hmm. Well, I suppose whatever they think suits them best.

I'd be curious to know what their plan would be if the Summit League collapsed. Their choices would be return to the WAC or join the Big Sky (with UNC a member). I would think the Big Sky makes more sense for them.

MplsBison
September 7th, 2013, 01:15 PM
As little as you can see it, it would be good for FCS, North Dakota, both cities, both schools, and the ND University System as a whole.

Except that every other year NDSU would lose a home game or a payday game against an FBS school. With only 11 games in the season you can't have 8 MVFC conference games, 2 home non-conference game, a payday game against an FBS team and travel to Grand Forks to play UND.

Now, perhaps in the not too distant future the games against FBS teams will become a moot point, as they may stop scheduling FCS teams or there may be a merger of FCS (or the top of FCS) and the Little Five conferences of FBS.

But if that doesn't happen and if the NCAA continues to restrict FCS schedules to 11 games in the regular season, you have to ask yourself if the price to pay of forgoing the payday game against an FBS team every other year to play in Grand Forks is worth it - as you said, for the good of the state, schools and division.

In my opinion, it is worth it. But my opinion doesn't get much done in Fargo.

On the other hand, it's a very easy position to attack. All you have to say is something like "you would have been willing to give up the exposure the school got and the thrill of beating Kansas State, plus the paycheck for that game, in order to play in Grand Forks this year???" Even if it had been a crushing win for NDSU, I guarantee the school wouldn't have gotten a fraction of the attention it has received for beating Kansas St - not to mention the paycheck.

That's a tough one to come back against.

TennBison
September 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Except that every other year NDSU would lose a home game or a payday game against an FBS school. With only 11 games in the season you can't have 8 MVFC conference games, 2 home non-conference game, a payday game against an FBS team and travel to Grand Forks to play UND.

Now, perhaps in the not too distant future the games against FBS teams will become a moot point, as they may stop scheduling FCS teams or there may be a merger of FCS (or the top of FCS) and the Little Five conferences of FBS.

But if that doesn't happen and if the NCAA continues to restrict FCS schedules to 11 games in the regular season, you have to ask yourself if the price to pay of forgoing the payday game against an FBS team every other year to play in Grand Forks is worth it - as you said, for the good of the state, schools and division.

In my opinion, it is worth it. But my opinion doesn't get much done in Fargo.

On the other hand, it's a very easy position to attack. All you have to say is something like "you would have been willing to give up the exposure the school got and the thrill of beating Kansas State, plus the paycheck for that game, in order to play in Grand Forks this year???" Even if it had been a crushing win for NDSU, I guarantee the school wouldn't have gotten a fraction of the attention it has received for beating Kansas St - not to mention the paycheck.

That's a tough one to come back against.

I heard during an interview with Gene Taylor that a game or games against UND will happen some time in the future, just a question of when. But more important to me is under what circumstances. I still feel that NDSU has basically no need to play UND on their terms. If UND thinks the game is so important and it needs to be played, then let them come to Fargo for the games, no need to go to Grand Forks.
People say a game between NDSU/UND will be good for the FCS, well would someone please enplane to me how NDSU/UND helps Sam Houston St. Or 99% of the other teams, what is their benefit?
Or ND will benefit from the game. Really, how so? Are you going to say it is good for the economy. Well NDSU sells out most of its games and if UND can start getting attendance up to par so can they, now wouldn't two separate game being sold out generate more income than one game between the two. NDSU already makes a ton of money from home games, UND probably not even close to us, so NDSU would be used to boost UNDs finances for there home game.
Not many on the NDSU side could care if we play UND at all and if we did, they should be played as if we were playing any other OOC game and have them come to the dome, not travel to them. So for those fans that want a game, I say no problem, just that it's going to be in Fargo most if not all the time and when it is convenient for the Bison.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 10:57 AM
I heard during an interview with Gene Taylor that a game or games against UND will happen some time in the future, just a question of when. But more important to me is under what circumstances. I still feel that NDSU has basically no need to play UND on their terms. If UND thinks the game is so important and it needs to be played, then let them come to Fargo for the games, no need to go to Grand Forks.
People say a game between NDSU/UND will be good for the FCS, well would someone please enplane to me how NDSU/UND helps Sam Houston St. Or 99% of the other teams, what is their benefit?
Or ND will benefit from the game. Really, how so? Are you going to say it is good for the economy. Well NDSU sells out most of its games and if UND can start getting attendance up to par so can they, now wouldn't two separate game being sold out generate more income than one game between the two. NDSU already makes a ton of money from home games, UND probably not even close to us, so NDSU would be used to boost UNDs finances for there home game.
Not many on the NDSU side could care if we play UND at all and if we did, they should be played as if we were playing any other OOC game and have them come to the dome, not travel to them. So for those fans that want a game, I say no problem, just that it's going to be in Fargo most if not all the time and when it is convenient for the Bison.

Not everything is about money.

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2013, 11:20 AM
North Dakota born and raised. All the talk of the rivalry is truly over-rated. If both were in the same conference, the fine, but as it stands now, the playoffs are the only option where the game will mean anything. The old rivalry was taken too serious by too many people. A UND grad friend of mine got beat up after a Bison Sioux game in Grand Forks, because he had a Fargo dealership sticker on his car. There are many other examples of physical violence stemming from the rivalry. It's just not that important to me.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 12:00 PM
North Dakota born and raised. All the talk of the rivalry is truly over-rated. If both were in the same conference, the fine, but as it stands now, the playoffs are the only option where the game will mean anything. The old rivalry was taken too serious by too many people. A UND grad friend of mine got beat up after a Bison Sioux game in Grand Forks, because he had a Fargo dealership sticker on his car. There are many other examples of physical violence stemming from the rivalry. It's just not that important to me.

3 separate people tried to fight me on the way out of the last game in GF, and they won. Sometimes it gets stupid but even people outside think it's pretty dumb for two big schools in the same division to ignore one another.

TennBison
September 8th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Not everything is about money.

No one said that it was. But if your going to say the fans want it then then for the most part your wrong. UND might have all their fans wanting it, but why should NDSU care about that. Maybe what, 20-30 percent of the Bison fans want it, and they are mostly the old timers(so to speak). Your hard pressed to find young fans(or fans of the future) who really have any knowledge of the rivalry, and most just don't care about it any more or care to start. SDSU and UNI are our big games now and UND is old news that has had its time.
And besides, who wants to take the advice of a UND graduate in charge of one of the worst pro baseball teams that intentionally tries to throw games by making the team worse. His business advice or advice in general is going to be the last I would consider.

344Johnson
September 8th, 2013, 12:17 PM
3 separate people tried to fight me on the way out of the last game in GF, and they won. Sometimes it gets stupid but even people outside think it's pretty dumb for two big schools in the same division to ignore one another.

Some old man tried to fight me on the way out of the Ralph when UND beat us in basketball. His wife had to push him away.

No need to play. Rather avoid dealing with the nonsense that goes with the game.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 12:23 PM
No one said that it was. But if your going to say the fans want it then then for the most part your wrong. UND might have all their fans wanting it, but why should NDSU care about that. Maybe what, 20-30 percent of the Bison fans want it, and they are mostly the old timers(so to speak). Your hard pressed to find young fans(or fans of the future) who really have any knowledge of the rivalry, and most just don't care about it any more or care to start. SDSU and UNI are our big games now and UND is old news that has had its time.
And besides, who wants to take the advice of a UND graduate in charge of one of the worst pro baseball teams that intentionally tries to throw games by making the team worse. His business advice or advice in general is going to be the last I would consider.

SDSU and UNI together will never equal the rivalry. Why? Because THEY don't care about it.

robsnotes4u
September 8th, 2013, 12:28 PM

I hope you realize that the amount of people on this forum is not even a close representation of the true fan base. Luckily for NDSU, if the forums were an actual cross section of the fan base, more people than just people on the forums would dislike like you. So please quit saying what NDSU fans want or don't want.

With your amazing insight on UND and the Twins maybe you should do some consulting services, but we know that it is hard for a keyboard quarterback to be a doer.

I wonder if the players would want to play each other, I know I would if I were them.

Bison56
September 8th, 2013, 01:41 PM
Wow i am more surprised that many people where at the game. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Wow i am more surprised that many people where at the game. :D

Are you kidding? It didn't matter what the venue was, every Bison/Sioux game was sold out.

aces1180
September 8th, 2013, 02:23 PM
St. Peter's editorial was in today's Fargo Forum...Next to this...

http://www.inforum.com/media/full/jpg/2013/09/07/0908-stark-cartoon.jpg

True dat!xlolx

BisonBacker
September 8th, 2013, 03:02 PM

So after this you still think it's a great idea? Maybe you should have let them beat some sense into your head! No thanks watching people turn into moron's up North over a football game doesn't make the state of ND or FCS any better. In fact it's a perfect reason to stay away from those knuckleheads.

darell1976
September 8th, 2013, 03:18 PM
So after this you still think it's a great idea? Maybe you should have let them beat some sense into your head! No thanks watching people turn into moron's up North over a football game doesn't make the state of ND or FCS any better. In fact it's a perfect reason to stay away from those knuckleheads.

You think Alabama and Auburn fans don't get into it, or Florida/Florida State? I am sure UND fans had problems with NDSU fans too. Its called a rivalry for a reason.

darell1976
September 8th, 2013, 03:19 PM
St. Peter's editorial was in today's Fargo Forum...Next to this...

http://www.inforum.com/media/full/jpg/2013/09/07/0908-stark-cartoon.jpg

True dat!xlolx

Better come up with new material when UND gets its new nickname...The Fighting Who or Whioux has only 2 more years to go.

344Johnson
September 8th, 2013, 03:56 PM
You think Alabama and Auburn fans don't get into it, or Florida/Florida State? I am sure UND fans had problems with NDSU fans too. Its called a rivalry for a reason.

We KNOW Auburn and Alabama fans have gotten nasty before. Who knows about Florida? I'm sure they do too.

Better come up with new material when UND gets its new nickname...The Fighting Who or Whioux has only 2 more years to go.

Oh I am sure the University of North Dakota will do an exceptional job giving the people of North Dakota another easy target. Would not be surprised if they choose something fierce like "Freeze" or "Spirit."

aces1180
September 8th, 2013, 03:57 PM

Yeah, like a new nickname is going to close the popularity gap between Bison and UN_ football...Good luck with your dumpster fire.

darell1976
September 8th, 2013, 04:08 PM
We KNOW Auburn and Alabama fans have gotten nasty before. Who knows about Florida? I'm sure they do too.

Oh I am sure the University of North Dakota will do an exceptional job giving the people of North Dakota another easy target. Would not be surprised if they choose something fierce like "Freeze" or "Spirit."

Didn't Fargo have a team name Freeze? ;)

darell1976
September 8th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Yeah, like a new nickname is going to close the popularity gap between Bison and UN_ football...Good luck with your dumpster fire.

What gap according to NBC, Fox Sports 1 and the NCAA UND and FU are one of the same. :)

aces1180
September 8th, 2013, 04:23 PM
What gap according to NBC, Fox Sports 1 and the NCAA UND and FU are one of the same. :)

Like any of those gaffs matter to the people who watch NDSU football regularly...It's going to be a LONG time for UN_ to even TRY and overtake the Bison in its most popular sport.

344Johnson
September 8th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Didn't Fargo have a team name Freeze? ;)

and their intimidating opposition called the Bismarck Blaze lol

darell1976
September 8th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Like any of those gaffs matter to the people who watch NDSU football regularly...It's going to be a LONG time for UN_ to even TRY and overtake the Bison in its most popular sport.

The last streak went 12 years is that your definition of long?

aces1180
September 8th, 2013, 04:32 PM
The last streak went 12 years is that your definition of long?

I'm terms of popularity, UN_ has never had the consistent runs that NDSU has had over the past 50 years...If you don't believe me, take a look at the average attendance for each school...Numbers don't lie.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 04:42 PM
Here's a thought. All of you that contend that UND doesn't matter to NDSU, why is it that no matter where I am....tailgate, stadium, walking into the stadium, Cedar Falls, Brookings, Frisco, Manhattan - I always hear "Hail the Bison" which ISN'T about SDSU, our supposed biggest rival?

Gil Dobie
September 8th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Here's a thought. All of you that contend that UND doesn't matter to NDSU, why is it that no matter where I am....tailgate, stadium, walking into the stadium, Cedar Falls, Brookings, Frisco, Manhattan - I always hear "Hail the Bison" which ISN'T about SDSU, our supposed biggest rival?

The version I was taught had University, University, you can kiss what's under there, no reference to UND.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 04:53 PM
The version I was taught had University, University, you can kiss what's under there, no reference to UND.

and the beginning of the song?

NDSUstudent
September 8th, 2013, 05:05 PM

I thought we were one in the same with Notre Dame?

NDSUstudent
September 8th, 2013, 05:09 PM

do we even know the original? Because the old timers have a different version than the students today.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 05:11 PM
do we even know the original? Because the old timers have a different version than the students today.

Every version I've ever heard makes reference to UND.

NDSUstudent
September 8th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Every version I've ever heard makes reference to UND.

then you're an old timer

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 05:17 PM
then you're an old timer

We old timers are the ones who make the long road trips I guess.

NDSUstudent
September 8th, 2013, 05:19 PM
We old timers are the ones who make the long road trips I guess.

Maybe that's why you're holding on to the "rivalry."

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2013, 05:23 PM

Far across the the plains of Fargo there for all to see, stands an old abandoned outhouse call it university----

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Maybe that's why you're holding on to the "rivalry."

After 100 years it is THE rivalry.

MplsBison
September 8th, 2013, 05:27 PM
The version I know goes "Far across the plains from Fargo, there for all to see. Stands an old, abandoned outhouse called 'The University'. Hail the Bison, Hail the Bison, with their tails up in the air...."

Technically, that could pretty much be any university in the central United States.

It's tough to say your biggest rivalry is against a team that you don't play right now. But it's also ridiculous to deny that the UND game was the most important rivalry game in NDSU's past. For the moment, I would give that distinction to UNI.

It's also ridiculous to claim that the game shouldn't be played due to fear of violence and vandalism. There are stupid people at every school and especially within the context of every rivalry game there are stupid acts that occur. North Dakotas aren't any different or better, in that regard.

MplsBison
September 8th, 2013, 05:31 PM
By the way, are people taking note of what Eastern Illinois is doing? Looks like they have a fine QB this year and their 2nd year coaching staff is getting it done so far.

Boy would that team make a fine, fine additional to the Summit and bring Summit Football that much closer to reality. Be a great rivalry for Western Illinois as well. And add a much needed baseball team.

Then with the five football teams onboard, the Summit could approach UND with an offer: join the Summit, have much better travel, play Denver and Omaha in non-football sports, and be a founding member of a Dakota-centric FCS football conference. I think it would be tough to turn down.

IBleedYellow
September 8th, 2013, 05:38 PM
This thread nees to die.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 05:42 PM

This.

By the way for you younger guys - he's a former player. Maybe we need to listen to these "old timers"

For a rivalry to work, the other side needs to give a **** which UNI and SDSU do not.

NDSUstudent
September 8th, 2013, 05:45 PM

Such a big rivalry that we play them every year. THE rivalry to you, not so much for the students that started school after we played them last. Which has been some time ago.

MplsBison
September 8th, 2013, 05:49 PM
By the way, shouldn't the title be "chimes in"?

MplsBison
September 8th, 2013, 05:50 PM
This.

By the way for you younger guys - he's a former player. Maybe we need to listen to these "old timers"

For a rivalry to work, the other side needs to give a **** which UNI and SDSU do not.

Forgive me for not reading your previous posts, but I would say with NDSU's recent success that UNI and SDSU fans do indeed care that they are consistently beaten by the Bison.

aces1180
September 8th, 2013, 05:51 PM
This.

SDSU cares...If they didn't, their students wouldn't wear "Buck the Fison" shirts.

MplsBison
September 8th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Right, although now they do have their USD game.

UNI ... not sure who their fans care most about beating every season. Probably Iowa St or Iowa.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Such a big rivalry that we play them every year. THE rivalry to you, not so much for the students that started school after we played them last. Which has been some time ago.

If the team relied on people who started school after 2003, the dome would be about 1/4 full.

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2013, 06:25 PM

So who is NDSU continuously compared to? Its not SDSU. You dont see numerous threads about NDSU vs SDSU. Any subject about UND or NDSU almost automatically starts a comparison and bitchfest between the two schools. It matters not that we havent played them in 10 years. Fact is when this game is played again and it will happen the students will embrace it. WHY? because more people have been exposed to the rivalry than havent. Even at Teammakers luncheons when the who are on the schedule that is the focus except for the football game. To those that deny the rivalry arent dealing in reality.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Most of my friends wanted UND to beat SDSU. The rivalry is really starting to shift among people under the age of 30.

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Most of my friends wanted UND to beat SDSU. The rivalry is really starting to shift among people under the age of 30.

Wait until we play them. LOL

MplsBison
September 8th, 2013, 06:44 PM

But it's not like everyone who remembers the rivalry has long since died off. I'm sure the older fans will be very eager to pass down the traditions and the stories of past UND games to the younger fans.

And, while it pains me to say, it wouldn't hurt if UND won the first game of the renewed rivalry. Because there is very little on this green earth that kills an NDSU fan more than losing to UND - in anything. Just not this year in the playoffs, please!

NDSUstudent
September 8th, 2013, 07:49 PM
If the team relied on people who started school after 2003, the dome would be about 1/4 full.

Easy solution: Buy a ticket from the school up north and watch them play. There are plenty of tickets available. This seems more about you and _ND than the Bison/NDSU.

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 08:08 PM
This is an interesting turn of events. Thought I'd read the last few pages to see how this got to 32 pages and discovered axslapfightx amongst Bison fans!?! xrotatehx FWIW, as a native North Dakotan, I think the rivalry should continue. Maybe not every year, as it takes away an OOC game as others have mentioned. But the game would be better than playing Ferris or Valpo wouldn't it? Sure NDSU sold out, but they were raising NC banner. If they were coming off a 6-5 year (it'll happen eventually), would fans rather show up for a D-II team or UND, whether they know about the old rivalry or not?0

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Easy solution: Buy a ticket from the school up north and watch them play. There are plenty of tickets available. This seems more about you and _ND than the Bison/NDSU.

Its funny that your avatar is from the Gopher game. Is that a rivalry? Who honestly is our rival?

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Its funny that your avatar is from the Gopher game. Is that a rivalry? Who honestly is our rival?

xlolx Maybe the Goofs are your rival, like with UND in hockey. At least NDSU will be playing them with the same regularity as UND will in hockey with the creation of the B1G hockey conference. Much like NDSU says UND isn't a rivalry, many Goofer fans have said UND isn't a rivalry in hockey either, and won't be missed. xrolleyesx Eerie similarities. No one wants to be UND's rival. xlolx

NDSUstudent
September 8th, 2013, 08:38 PM

Why is it funny? Beating FBS teams have done more for this program than beating the school up north ever has. I view the school up north just like most under 30. They are just another school in ND.

Bison56
September 8th, 2013, 08:47 PM
Good question. Who is our rival? Hard to say is it UNI, SDSU would like to know what fans think. To me it would be a team you play every year and they both trade wins often. xtwocentsxAlso is it the teams or the fans who make the rivalry?

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Why is it funny? Beating FBS teams have done more for this program than beating the school up north ever has. I view the school up north just like most under 30. They are just another school in ND.

Are you sure you don't mean under 10? Or like 16 tops? Cuz the last game between the 2 was only 10 years ago, and I GUARANTEE it was a big deal to both schools at the time, as well as everyone in ND who gave 2 $#!ts about football. If you were 20 in 2003, from ND, and didn't care about the UND-NDSU game, you better have been a prissy chick who doesn't know what a football looks like.

BTW, didn't the win over K-State do more for the program than a win over the hapless Goofs ever has??? Might be time to change the avatar....

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 08:51 PM
Good question. Who is our rival? Hard to say is it UNI, SDSU would like to know what fans think. To me it would be a team you play every year and they both trade wins often. xtwocentsxAlso is it the teams or the fans who make the rivalry?

YOUNGSTOWN! Penguins Suck! Penguins Suck!

nope, doesn't roll off the tongue that well.

Bison56
September 8th, 2013, 08:57 PM
YOUNGSTOWN! Penguins Suck! Penguins Suck!

nope, doesn't roll off the tongue that well.
Nope it doesnt being over 30 myself UND was the rival and in my mind they still seem to be. I am wondering what the young fans think is the rivalry team for NDSU who do they get fired up about the most?

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 08:59 PM

Given that definition (which I think is a great one) and the short time in the Valley, NDSU either has no rival, or every team in the conference is a rival, since it looks like they've all beaten the Bison since the move up (only did a cursory search, so forgive me if I'm wrong).

I also think proximity is a factor, so maybe just SDSU??

Hammerhead
September 8th, 2013, 09:07 PM
The version I learned in the late 80s started with:

On the plains of North Dakota
there for all to see
Stands an outhouse on the prairie
And they call it U-N-D.
Hail the Bison, Hail the Bison
with their tails up in the air.
University, University
The Sioux can kiss whats under there.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Given that definition (which I think is a great one) and the short time in the Valley, NDSU either has no rival, or every team in the conference is a rival, since it looks like they've all beaten the Bison since the move up (only did a cursory search, so forgive me if I'm wrong).

I also think proximity is a factor, so maybe just SDSU??

They're sure trying. Even made up a trophy! Now that USD is back, THEY are their rival. Just as they have been for over 100 years.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Nope it doesnt being over 30 myself UND was the rival and in my mind they still seem to be. I am wondering what the young fans think is the rivalry team for NDSU who do they get fired up about the most?

It is easily SDSU.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 09:12 PM
It is easily SDSU.

I guess it only took 100 years for someone to care, eh?

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 09:15 PM

It took SDSU becoming competitive and UND deciding that playing NDSU was no longer in their best interest for this to happen.

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 09:23 PM
They're sure trying. Even made up a trophy! Now that USD is back, THEY are their rival. Just as they have been for over 100 years.

Agreed. You can't SAY someone is your rival. It has to go both ways. For example, EWU might like to think they are rivals with the Griz, or MSU, but come on... the Brawl is the only thing on anyone's mind in MT when you say rivalry. When MSU struggled in the late '90's, the Griz still wanted to beat the Cats more than anyone else, especially with Hauck coaching (wouldn't even say our name). Even though USD is down, that's the game that everyone from SD circles on the schedule.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 09:24 PM
It took SDSU becoming competitive and UND deciding that playing NDSU was no longer in their best interest for this to happen.

Wait. So the first 90 times we played them, they weren't our rivals?

Not competitive? They have a winning record over their history and 15 conference titles (all within the same conference as NDSU)

Swiss cheese, sir.

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 09:31 PM

Has the SDSU/NDSU "rivalry" had any billboards put up recently? Or ever? If not, the USD billboard, and subsequent dead coyote hanging from it, might indicate that USD is the one true rival of SDSU.

You can have teams that you dislike or want to beat due to the competitive nature of the games, but a rivalry has a whole other level to it. Almost a hatred (definitely a hatred in NDSU-UND's case).

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 09:32 PM

Not competitive? They have a winning record over their history and 15 conference titles (all within the same conference as NDSU)

Swiss cheese, sir.

xlolx If I could rep you again I would.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 09:36 PM

Swiss cheese, sir.

SDSU went to the playoffs once in the DII era...They went 45 years without winning a game in Fargo. That is pretty non-competitive in my view...not Morningside bad but pretty mediocre. Credit the Jacks for stepping up their game when they moved to DI....I think judging themselves more directly with NDSU and less with USD is a big part of why that happened.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Has the SDSU/NDSU "rivalry" had any billboards put up recently? Or ever? If not, the USD billboard, and subsequent dead coyote hanging from it, might indicate that USD is the one true rival of SDSU.

You can have teams that you dislike or want to beat due to the competitive nature of the games, but a rivalry has a whole other level to it. Almost a hatred (definitely a hatred in NDSU-UND's case).

Good luck hanging a Bison from a billboard....

I'm not sure NDSU has ever put up a billboard talking about a rival...just not our style. I don't think it is SDSU's style either.

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Good luck hanging a Bison from a billboard....

I'm not sure NDSU has ever put up a billboard talking about a rival...just not our style.

As for the 1st statement, no ****ing $#!t, Sherlock. Not the point.

As for the 2nd, it may not be your style, but I think that shows who SDSU's main rival is, and it's not NDSU. Hell on this board there's almost LOVE between NDSU and SDSU fans. That's not a rival.

I don't care whether you are for or against playing UND every year, once in a while, never again, but at this point NDSU has no real rivalry.

BisonFan02
September 8th, 2013, 09:48 PM

As for the 2nd, it may not be your style, but I think that shows who SDSU's main rival is, and it's not NDSU. Hell on this board there's almost LOVE between NDSU and SDSU fans. That's not a rival.

I'd call it more of a "gentlemen's bet/rivalry" than anything else due to both programs having respect for each other. The two programs made the DI jump together and each wish each other well for the most part....until we are playing each other. :D

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 09:51 PM

The problem is the students no longer hate UND...the team no longer hates UND and the coaches no longer hate UND. Hell I graduated from NDSU a few years ago and some of my professors asked me directly why people don't like UND...they didn't understand it. The older fans despise each other and that is largely what you see on the boards. Some of them think the hate will just naturally come back...that hasn't exactly been the case in other sports though.

The basketball games we've had with UND were about as dead of an atmosphere as I can remember. Meanwhile we play SDSU and it is raucous.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 09:57 PM
I'd like to hear from SDSU fans on who they consider to be their biggest rival.....I know last year there was an article printed in one of the papers in SD saying it was NDSU.

Found the link....

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/content/our-view-maybe-sdsu-usd-magic-has-been-lost

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2013, 10:00 PM

They manufactured a trophy so they could have something to play for after UND stopped playing us.

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2013, 10:08 PM
The problem is the students no longer hate UND...the team no longer hates UND and the coaches no longer hate UND. Hell I graduated from NDSU a few years ago and some of my professors asked me directly why people don't like UND...they didn't understand it. The older fans despise each other and that is largely what you see on the boards. Some of them think the hate will just naturally come back...that hasn't exactly been the case in other sports though.

The basketball games we've had with UND were about as dead of an atmosphere as I can remember. Meanwhile we play SDSU and it is raucous.

You should have been at the VB game at UND. Gene Taylor and a bunch of other coaches showed up for that game. So dont try and say what the coaches feel and dont feel.
When we start playing them again everyone will know why they are our rival. Wont be any questions about it.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 10:13 PM

Here is the welcome home ceremony from the first national championship. Cue up to 1:28

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16Fbdad1NTY

What are they saying?

meatdox
September 8th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Referring to "On the plains".... "University refers to UND" its an old song, from when NDSU was NDAC and UND was the only university in the state. It's still applicable, University can kiss what's under there, then we can talk about playing a football game, but not before.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Here is the welcome home ceremony from the first national championship. Cue up to 1:28

What are they saying?

Totally forgot this. What does Marcus say at 4:55 that gets the crowd going crazy?!? He's not even from ND and he knows.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 10:24 PM
You should have been at the VB game at UND. Gene Taylor and a bunch of other coaches showed up for that game. So dont try and say what the coaches feel and dont feel.
When we start playing them again everyone will know why they are our rival. Wont be any questions about it.

I'm glad they showed up but at a time NDSU and UND's coaches hated each other. Ruley and Roebuck..Hager and Thomas. That doesn't really seem to exist anymore. That is more in line with what I was talking about.

Seems like UND is becoming more of manufactured rivalry by the older generation trying to make it important to the younger generation. Right now to most of the people on the actual campus of NDSU....SDSU is our biggest rival. Maybe that will change if we ever play UND again but maybe it won't.

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 10:37 PM

Are you talking about native ND students? B/c they would have been between the ages of 8-12 the last time the game was played and should definitely know about hating UND. Professors won't understand b/c I'd bet most didn't graduate from NDSU. The "hate" doesn't need to naturally come back. It never left.

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Totally forgot this. What does Marcus say at 4:55 that gets the crowd going crazy?!? He's not even from ND and he knows.

His sister or cousin goes to UND. He was putting it on them.

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 10:39 PM

+1. Couldn't agree more.

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 10:41 PM

What are they saying?

Nothing to see here. No rivalry. Heck we love those guys up north. xwhistlex xrolleyesx

Good find NoDak.

darell1976
September 8th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I'm glad they showed up but at a time NDSU and UND's coaches hated each other. Ruley and Roebuck..Hager and Thomas. That doesn't really seem to exist anymore. That is more in line with what I was talking about.

Seems like UND is becoming more of manufactured rivalry by the older generation trying to make it important to the younger generation. Right now to most of the people on the actual campus of NDSU....SDSU is our biggest rival. Maybe that will change if we ever play UND again but maybe it won't.

It won't exist until both schools are back in the same conference that's why the basketball games aren't the same anymore, having them in oversized arenas like the REA and the Fargodome didn't help either. UND will always be NDSU's rival or else how come there aren't hundreds of threads about SDSU or UNI on Bisonville, but instead a new UND thread gets created every week.

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2013, 10:44 PM

UND a manufactured rivalry? Good god. You obviously dont know anyone in the athletic dept. I bid you fair well.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 8th, 2013, 10:47 PM
His sister or cousin goes to UND. He was putting it on them.

Now I remember. That's what they call in the wrestling biz "cheap heat". Also a pretty good pop from that for a bunch of people who don't care anymore.

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 10:48 PM

If you don't believe that the campus would be more electric in the week leading up to playing UND, even in a one and done agreement, than any other game, you've lost your f'ing mind .xcrazyx

Records wouldn't even matter. NDSU could be on a 100 game winning streak, with 10 straight NC, and the Sioux could be winless in 10 season and people would be talking smack to their neighbors, family, the guy bagging groceries, anyone with affiliation to the other team.... (I know, I had to endure "The Streak" for part of my college career at MSU).

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2013, 10:48 PM
It won't exist until both schools are back in the same conference that's why the basketball games aren't the same anymore, having them in oversized arenas like the REA and the Fargodome didn't help either. UND will always be NDSU's rival or else how come there aren't hundreds of threads about SDSU or UNI on Bisonville, but instead a new UND thread gets created every week.

The BB game would have been better attended but the weather was just brutal. I know they sold a lot of tickets to it because when I went and bought my tix they showed me a chart of where I could sit and there wasnt much to chose from.

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2013, 10:50 PM
If you don't believe that the campus would be more electric in the week leading up to playing UND, even in a one and done agreement, than any other game, you've lost your f'ing mind .xcrazyx

Records wouldn't even matter. NDSU could be on a 100 game winning streak, with 10 straight NC, and the Sioux could be winless in 10 season and people would be talking smack to their neighbors, family, the guy bagging groceries, anyone with affiliation to the other team.... (I know, I had to endure "The Streak" for part of my college career at MSU).

100% on the money. HEs never been part of the rivalry and everything associated with it. So he really just doesnt know.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Are you talking about native ND students? B/c they would have been between the ages of 8-12 the last time the game was played and should definitely know about hating UND. Professors won't understand b/c I'd bet most didn't graduate from NDSU. The "hate" doesn't need to naturally come back. It never left.

I asked three of my friends that are native North Dakotan's ages 27, 27, and 24 who they were cheering for in the SDSU-UND game...all of them said UND without a hesitation. None of them like UND but apparently they hate SDSU more.

Also there are more MN students at NDSU than ND students. The school is probably not like your normal large state university in that sense, I'm guessing at the Montana schools the student body's are made up of largely Montana students.

darell1976
September 8th, 2013, 10:52 PM
The BB game would have been better attended but the weather was just brutal. I know they sold a lot of tickets to it because when I went and bought my tix they showed me a chart of where I could sit and there wasnt much to chose from.

I was at that game in the Fargodome and yeah it was blizzarding but the game would have been more electric if they had it in the BSA and if they were fighting for a conference title not just an OOC game.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 10:56 PM
UND a manufactured rivalry? Good god. You obviously dont know anyone in the athletic dept. I bid you fair well.

It seems like the older people want the younger people to hate UND and accept they are the main rival. It is manufactured in that sense...there used to be just plain old hate. It just came naturally...nobody had to say anything or do anything. You knew it the second you stepped on campus.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 11:00 PM

It will be electric because of the hype. There was a lot of hype for the first basketball game as well and all that hype didn't exactly produce electricity.

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 11:06 PM
I asked three of my friends that are native North Dakotan's ages 27, 27, and 24 who they were cheering for in the SDSU-UND game...all of them said UND without a hesitation. None of them like UND but apparently they hate SDSU more.

Also there are more MN students at NDSU than ND students. The school is probably not like your normal large state university in that sense, I'm guessing at the Montana schools the student body's are made up of largely Montana students.

It couldn't be that they are rooting against a conference-mate to lose? Or that, though they hate UND, they have best wishes for success for the only other North Dakota FCS school (rare from what I see on this board, I know)? I "hate" the Griz more than anyone, but as a fellow MT school, I was pulling for them to beat App State. So, I guess that doesn't make them our biggest rival by far...xrolleyesx

Put it like this. In a hypothetical, in any given year, if you had a stadium with unlimited capacity located equidistant from both schools so fans of both schools have an equal opportunity to attend, which sells more tickets? UND v NDSU or SDSU v NDSU. I'll give you a hint, one beats the other in a LANDSLIDE.

NoDak 4 Ever
It seems like the older people want the younger people to hate UND and accept they are the main rival. It is manufactured in that sense...there used to be just plain old hate. It just came naturally...nobody had to say anything or do anything. You knew it the second you stepped on campus.

For a rivalry, the other side needs to give a ****. Everybody in the MVFC feels roughly the same about us. If we drop off, they will not care.

Bisonoline
It will be electric because of the hype. There was a lot of hype for the first basketball game as well and all that hype didn't exactly produce electricity.

And what happened before the first BB game? NDSU lost to EWU in the playoff and it sucked the like out of the game. Were you at the first VB game? It was crazy----So please just freaking stop.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 11:15 PM
It couldn't be that they are rooting against a conference-mate to lose? Or that, though they hate UND, they have best wishes for success for the only other North Dakota FCS school (rare from what I see on this board, I know)? I "hate" the Griz more than anyone, but as a fellow MT school, I was pulling for them to beat App State. So, I guess that doesn't make them our biggest rival by far...xrolleyesx

Put it like this. In a hypothetical, in any given year, if you had a stadium with unlimited capacity located equidistant from both schools so fans of both schools have an equal opportunity to attend, which sells more tickets? UND v NDSU or SDSU v NDSU. I'll give you a hint, one beats the other in a LANDSLIDE.

No it was that they definitely seemed to hate SDSU more. I remember them actually getting kind of upset that I wanted SDSU to beat Montana in the playoffs a few years ago.

I'm guessing a UND game would sell more tickets. Once again I'm saying SDSU is becoming a bigger rival among younger fans...not all fans.

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 11:15 PM

Buck founcyball. The level of anticipation for a BB game between the 2 will NEVER approach that of FB, because it's not a sport they can compete at nationally. They might make the tournament, and possibly upset someone, but come on.... they won't be a George Mason or anything.

The Brawl is one of the most intense rivalries in all of college football and we don't sell out playing the Griz in BB. Rivalries don't necessarily (and rarely do) transcend across sports.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 11:19 PM
And what happened before the first BB game? NDSU lost to EWU in the playoff and it sucked the like out of the game. Were you at the first VB game? It was crazy----So please just freaking stop.

The second game in Fargo was even more lifeless. Neither compared to any SDSU basketball game in recent memory.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Buck founcyball. The level of anticipation for a BB game between the 2 will NEVER approach that of FB, because it's not a sport they can compete at nationally. They might make the tournament, and possibly upset someone, but come on.... they won't be a George Mason or anything.

The Brawl is one of the most intense rivalries in all of college football and we don't sell out playing the Griz in BB. Rivalries don't necessarily (and rarely do) transcend across sports.

The rivalry was actually somewhat intense for hoops...especially on the women's side(those games routinely sold out). I agree nothing will equal football...it is different especially since it is NDSU's marquee sport.

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 11:23 PM
No it was that they definitely seemed to hate SDSU more. I remember them actually getting kind of upset that I wanted SDSU to beat Montana in the playoffs a few years ago.

I'm guessing a UND game would sell more tickets. Once again I'm saying SDSU is becoming a bigger rival among younger fans...not all fans.

So a game against UND sells more tickets with a market of 700,000 (ND's population) than against SDSU with a market of 1.5 million (ND and SD's combined population)??? Sounds to me like SDSU must not give much of a $#!t about your perceived "rivalry", and as NoDak 4 Ever said the other team needs to give a $#!t for the rivalry to exist.

MSUBobcat
September 8th, 2013, 11:25 PM
The rivalry was actually somewhat intense for hoops...especially on the women's side(those games routinely sold out). I agree nothing will equal football...it is different especially since it is NDSU's marquee sport.

I stand by my statement. Puck fumpkin-pushing.

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2013, 11:25 PM
The second game in Fargo was even more lifeless. Neither compared to any SDSU basketball game in recent memory.

That ground has already been covered. Try to keep up.

Bisonoline
September 8th, 2013, 11:26 PM
I stand by my statement. Puck fumpkin-pushing.

Hes trolling pretty hard. Time to let him go.

NDSUstudent
September 8th, 2013, 11:30 PM
It comes down to old vs young. The old think it is the most heated rivalry and the young don't give a crap.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 11:30 PM
So a game against UND sells more tickets with a market of 700,000 (ND's population) than against SDSU with a market of 1.5 million (ND and SD's combined population)??? Sounds to me like SDSU must not give much of a $#!t about your perceived "rivalry", and as NoDak 4 Ever said the other team needs to give a $#!t for the rivalry to exist.

NDSU's attendance record is for a game vs SDSU....SDSU's attendance record is for a game vs NDSU. I'd say both schools seem to give a s#it about each other.

Who knows how many fans would be there for a game with unlimited attendance. But the first game with UND would be big but if the schools continue to not play each other who knows what will happen. Eventually you'll have students and players that weren't even alive when the two last played.

FargoBison
September 8th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Hes trolling pretty hard. Time to let him go.

The only points I wanted to make is that the rivalry with SDSU is growing and it isn't really manufactured anymore. You have a student body and team that value beating SDSU and winning the marker.

Gil Dobie
September 9th, 2013, 07:29 AM
NDSU's attendance record is for a game vs SDSU....SDSU's attendance record is for a game vs NDSU. I'd say both schools seem to give a s#it about each other.

Who knows how many fans would be there for a game with unlimited attendance. But the first game with UND would be big but if the schools continue to not play each other who knows what will happen. Eventually you'll have students and players that weren't even alive when the two last played.

It would take a good 10 years of NDSU/UND games to get the rivalry to the point it was in 2003, when it ended. NDSU led the way to FCS, and UND followed.

344Johnson
September 9th, 2013, 08:30 AM

Native North Dakota students don't know much. To be honest, I speak as a young person who hates UND and everything they stand for, but most of my peers have no strong prevailing opinion on them.

If we played 'em, the game would sell out just like any other game. It would be a blast for the first game or two, but it'd fade away because these teams aren't playing for a conference title anymore.

100% on the money. HEs never been part of the rivalry and everything associated with it. So he really just doesnt know.

No students have been a part of the rivalry. Its dying with students. It has been dying with students for 10 years.

aces1180
September 9th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I hate UN_ more than any school...Are they our rivals? Yes. Do they deserve a home/home? No. A game between the two schools in the Fargodome would be awesome. As I mentioned earlier, I can name 10 games or so that had a better atmosphere than any UND game played in the Dome. I have to agree with PL, however, as it would take .0001 seconds for the absolute hatred between the two fan bases (and players) to return. I don't know that the atmosphere would be as good as some of the recent games played in the Dome, but I do know it would be sold out and loud.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 08:36 AM
Native North Dakota students don't know much. To be honest, I speak as a young person who hates UND and everything they stand for, but most of my peers have no strong prevailing opinion on them.

If we played 'em, the game would sell out just like any other game. It would be a blast for the first game or two, but it'd fade away because these teams aren't playing for a conference title anymore.

No students have been a part of the rivalry. Its dying with students. It has been dying with students for 10 years.

I think it will continue to die until we are both in the same conference.

aces1180
September 9th, 2013, 08:36 AM

It would take no time at all for them to learn...

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 08:50 AM
I hate UN_ more than any school...Are they our rivals? Yes. Do they deserve a home/home? No. A game between the two schools in the Fargodome would be awesome. As I mentioned earlier, I can name 10 games or so that had a better atmosphere than any UND game played in the Dome. I have to agree with PL, however, as it would take .0001 seconds for the absolute hatred between the two fan bases (and players) to return. I don't know that the atmosphere would be as good as some of the recent games played in the Dome, but I do know it would be sold out and loud.

This.

If they announced the next game would be played on the MOON, you better believe people would be figuring out how to get their tailgate rigs to fly and it would be sold the **** out.

344Johnson
September 9th, 2013, 09:02 AM
This.

If they announced the next game would be played on the MOON, you better believe people would be figuring out how to get their tailgate rigs to fly and it would be sold the **** out.

The first one could be played on the moon. And the engineering principles man previously thought possible only by top notch scientists would be turned upside down by people getting rigs to fly. But what about the 2nd, 3rd, 4th games?

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 09:05 AM
The first one could be played on the moon. And the engineering principles man previously thought possible only by top notch scientists would be turned upside down by people getting rigs to fly. But what about the 2nd, 3rd, 4th games?

It will always be the circle game for several reasons.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 09:07 AM
This.

Just like all of the other NDSU football games that are already sold out. But keep telling yourself that our games aren't sold out or that the tailgating lots aren't full. Truth is doesn't matter for NDSU fans who we are playing the dome is full, the tailgating lots are full and the fans have a fabulous time. Can't say the same would be true about having a fabulous time having to dodge the idiot whioux fans wanting to fight regardless of location. Thanks but no thanks I enjoy fans like this as
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/DSC_4710_zps8d6cb343.jpg

As opposed to idiots UND fans like this...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/arrest-vid-2_zpsbc5d61dd.jpg

But whatever turns your crank!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 09:19 AM
I don't think I ever said it was required for us to sell out. Again, there are several intangibles that people seem to want to ignore.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Just like all of the other NDSU football games that are already sold out. But keep telling yourself that our games aren't sold out or that the tailgating lots aren't full. Truth is doesn't matter for NDSU fans who we are playing the dome is full, the tailgating lots are full and the fans have a fabulous time. Can't say the same would be true about having a fabulous time having to dodge the idiot whioux fans wanting to fight regardless of location. Thanks but no thanks I enjoy fans like this as
http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/DSC_4710_zps8d6cb343.jpg

As opposed to idiots UND fans like this...

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/arrest-vid-2_zpsbc5d61dd.jpg

But whatever turns your crank!

Because all 100% of NDSU's fanbase isn't idiots and cause fights during a UND-NDSU game? xlolx You are basing your comment on a couple of idiots?

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM
We don't have these problems at any of our other games why would I want to watch this every year?

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 09:34 AM
We don't have these problems at any of our other games why would I want to watch this every year?

I haven't heard of any problems when UND goes to SDSU, or USD, or Montana or even Minnesota. There was an instance where alcohol caused a fight between a Gopher fan and UND fan at the Ralph but alcohol does make people do stupid things.

344Johnson
September 9th, 2013, 09:37 AM
I haven't heard of any problems when UND goes to SDSU, or USD, or Montana or even Minnesota. There was an instance where alcohol caused a fight between a Gopher fan and UND fan at the Ralph but alcohol does make people do stupid things.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/119470934.html

Weird....first thing that pops up on google when you type in "UND fans" involves problems in Minnesota ;)

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Oh and Darrell I'm not saying all UND fans are like that. Just saying I've not seen anything like this at anything game other than a UND competition regardless of where it was played.

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2013, 09:40 AM
WTF is wrong with you guys? Could someone please lock this dumpster fire of a thread and make it die?

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 09:45 AM
http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/119470934.html

Weird....first thing that pops up on google when you type in "UND fans" involves problems in Minnesota ;)

First of all, RandBall (is my former classmate, and good friend at GF Central so props to him), second..I forgot about that, but come on UND had their visitor's locker room trashed by South Dakota players after UND's comeback win over them in 2011. I know it wasn't a fan but it was still vandalism. BB's comment of I don't wanna play UND because of the fights, etc. Well one of my first UND-NDSU game in GF in 1993 I saw an NDSU fan (drunker than a skunk) get escorted out of the seats as he was trying to cause problems with UND fans (at Memorial Stadium alcohol wasn't allowed). So please its NOT a one way street. Both fan bases has dumbasses that do stupid crap and most likely alcohol is a cause (didn't Lakes get banned from tailgating?).

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 09:46 AM
WTF is wrong with you guys? Could someone please lock this dumpster fire of a thread and make it die?

Nobody's going to lock a thread because you don't like it.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 09:46 AM

This isn't Bisonville!

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Oh and Darrell I'm not saying all UND fans are like that. Just saying I've not seen anything like this at anything game other than a UND competition regardless of where it was played.

Because of my kids and work I don't attend road games, but the games I have been to (at Bemidji St in 1995), NDSU in 2000 I haven't seen problems with UND fans, but I know there are those idiots and anyone that causes problems are idiots for every fanbase, and with a heated and very hatred rival that we have it just adds gas to the fire. There is no excuse and it embarrasses the fanbase like 344Johnson pointed out with that fan punching the wall, what the hell does that solve besides a possible broken hand and ego. Take the loss like a man and move on. Vandalizing, fighting, there is NO excuse for that.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 09:52 AM
First of all, RandBall (is my former classmate, and good friend at GF Central so props to him), second..I forgot about that, but come on UND had their visitor's locker room trashed by South Dakota players after UND's comeback win over them in 2011. I know it wasn't a fan but it was still vandalism. BB's comment of I don't wanna play UND because of the fights, etc. Well one of my first UND-NDSU game in GF in 1993 I saw an NDSU fan (drunker than a skunk) get escorted out of the seats as he was trying to cause problems with UND fans (at Memorial Stadium alcohol wasn't allowed). So please its NOT a one way street. Both fan bases has dumbasses that do stupid crap and most likely alcohol is a cause (didn't Lakes get banned from tailgating?).

Darrell serious question for you. I saw the highlights of the SDSU/UND game on the sports this weekend. Why wasn't that sold out? If the only fans that come to games if NDSU and UND were to play are these idiots I'm not in favor of those games happening. I'm assuming many of those empty seats would be filled by the same folks who punch holes in walls at hockey games. I know this comment won't go over well but it's true. The same type's that go to so called "pro wrestling" and get into fights in the crowds or with others outside are the same types that go to Hockey games. Or at least some of them are and they have no interest in football except for if it's against NDSU and believe me they will show up all liquored up and ready to start trouble. I don't know what it is about Hockey but it has some of the worst fans just like the so called pro wrestling bunch and I don't care to see it anymore at an NDSU football game than I would if I went anywhere else. If I want to see that I'd go to a hockey game but I don't do hockey anymore than i do "pro wrestling".

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Well, have at it boys. It's always great to have these pissing matches every day in the football forum. UAH should just make a subforum of smack titled NDSU/UND *****ing zone where you guys can argue who will blink first in the scheduling debacle and "my dad can beat up your dad" BS that these threads always turn into. It wouldn't help, but at least this garbage would have some sort of designated destination. I imagine our fellow FCS fans would appreciate it.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Well, have at it boys. It's always great to have these pissing matches every day in the football forum. UAH should just make a subforum of smack titled NDSU/UND *****ing zone where you guys can argue who will blink first in the scheduling debacle and "my dad can beat up your dad" BS that these threads always turn into. It wouldn't help, but at least this garbage would have some sort of designated destination. I imagine our fellow FCS fans would appreciate it.

You don't want to read it don't click on the link to the thread it's not rocket science.

BisonFan02
September 9th, 2013, 09:56 AM
This isn't Bisonville!

Oh, and no **** this isn't Bisonville. Perhaps this conversation is best kept over there or on Siouxsports.com perhaps?

NDSUstudent
September 9th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Because of my kids and work I don't attend road games, but the games I have been to (at Bemidji St in 1995), NDSU in 2000 I haven't seen problems with UND fans, but I know there are those idiots and anyone that causes problems are idiots for every fanbase, and with a heated and very hatred rival that we have it just adds gas to the fire. There is no excuse and it embarrasses the fanbase like 344Johnson pointed out with that fan punching the wall, what the hell does that solve besides a possible broken hand and ego. Take the loss like a man and move on. Vandalizing, fighting, there is NO excuse for that.

We've had more problems with SDSU fans than anyone else we play yearly. Last football game in Brookings we were hit by two bottles and a full beverage during the game. All fanbases have their idiots. Gopher fans take the cake over anyone though.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Darrell serious question for you. I saw the highlights of the SDSU/UND game on the sports this weekend. Why wasn't that sold out? If the only fans that come to games if NDSU and UND were to play are these idiots I'm not in favor of those games happening. I'm assuming many of those empty seats would be filled by the same folks who punch holes in walls at hockey games. I know this comment won't go over well but it's true. The same type's that go to so called "pro wrestling" and get into fights in the crowds or with others outside are the same types that go to Hockey games. Or at least some of them are and they have no interest in football except for if it's against NDSU and believe me they will show up all liquored up and ready to start trouble. I don't know what it is about Hockey but it has some of the worst fans just like the so called pro wrestling bunch and I don't care to see it anymore at an NDSU football game than I would if I went anywhere else. If I want to see that I'd go to a hockey game but I don't do hockey anymore than i do "pro wrestling".

The game wasn't sold out because UND hasn't proved football is back to its DII kicking butt days. Winning puts butts in the seats, NDSU proved that. NDSU I am sure (if not they will) has a wait list on season tickets, so does UND hockey. Its pretty tough to get a ticket without going through other sources. UND football won't be like that until we have fans that love football, you have hockey only fans then there are UND fans. I am a UND fan (loving all sports). Those people showed up during the whole nickname issue where the UND fans wanted it changed for the good of football, basketball, etc. then you had the hockey only fans who cared only about the name and logo thinking it wouldn't hurt their sport so why change it. So yes playing NDSU would sell out the Alerus but UND has had great crowds in other DII games against St. Cloud State and Central Washington too. But the biggest reason why the Alerus is where its at for attendance....WINNING. If UND would've beaten SDSU I would think 11-12k against Montana easily, now with the loss I think 9k tops.

No_Skill
September 9th, 2013, 10:04 AM

What are they saying?

In rebuttal, the "here we go bison" chant was done after the winning touchdown at Kansas State and the sioux suck part was not added.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 10:06 AM
We've had more problems with SDSU fans than anyone else we play yearly. Last football game in Brookings we were hit by two bottles and a full beverage during the game. All fanbases have their idiots. Gopher fans take the cake over anyone though.

Me and my brother got razzed walking about of a Vikings game at the dome after they beat Miami in 2000. I had my Marino jersey on and damn lucky we left alive, just think if I had a Favre jersey. Every fanbase no matter what sport and if its college or pro does have idiots..you are correct NDSUstudent.

Bisonoline
September 9th, 2013, 12:33 PM

Then tell me how when Iowa started playing Iowa State again after a 20-30 year hiatus you couldnt get a ticket to the game and its still the hottest ticket in in the state?
It is no different than the NDSU-UND comparisons. They will continue whether they play or not. You dont have to play a game to have another school be your rival. If you are constantly compared against another school they are your rival. Not to difficult to understand but for some reason some just dont get it.

robsnotes4u
September 9th, 2013, 01:54 PM
If the Sioux are not the Bison rivals, then why do A LOT of Bison posters all put down the Sioux and bring them into conversation? Why all the UN_ and Whioux comments?

Just saying

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 02:12 PM
If the Sioux are not the Bison rivals, then why do A LOT of Bison posters all put down the Sioux and bring them into conversation? Why all the UN_ and Whioux comments?

Just saying

Look at the beginning of the thread Einstein. Dave St. Peter brought it up in an editorial piece he sent to the Fargo Forum.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 02:15 PM
Me and my brother got razzed walking about of a Vikings game at the dome after they beat Miami in 2000. I had my Marino jersey on and damn lucky we left alive, just think if I had a Favre jersey. Every fanbase no matter what sport and if its college or pro does have idiots..you are correct NDSUstudent.

We aren't talking about the vikings or green bay. While I agree every fanbase has it's idiots for fans I'm just saying I don't care to see the drunken fighting at Bison games and haven't seen it since the days of playing you guys. To me that makes for a better gameday experience. I don't need to see idiotic drunkards fighting and I haven't since the departure of these games. It's been a welcome departure from those bygone days. I think the NDSU gameday experience is top notch and bringing you guys back onto our schedules would surely bring back that element and it's not a positive thing.

UNDColorado
September 9th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Look at the beginning of the thread Einstein. Dave St. Peter brought it up in an editorial piece he sent to the Fargo Forum.

Then Bison fans argue among themselves for virtually the entire thread. Does anything make you guys happy?

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Then Bison fans argue among themselves for virtually the entire thread. Does anything make you guys happy?

no

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Oh, and no **** this isn't Bisonville. Perhaps this conversation is best kept over there or on Siouxsports.com perhaps?

This does NOT belong on SiouxSports. Enough bizun trolls there already.

You're not invited to my birthday party!!

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 02:33 PM
no

http://files.sharenator.com/forever_alone_Meme_Faces-s898x1042-156979-580.png

frozennorth
September 9th, 2013, 02:36 PM
the rivalry is pretty dead. Old people care, but it's pretty rare to find someone of college age who gives a ****.

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 02:43 PM
We aren't talking about the vikings or green bay. While I agree every fanbase has it's idiots for fans I'm just saying I don't care to see the drunken fighting at Bison games and haven't seen it since the days of playing you guys. To me that makes for a better gameday experience. I don't need to see idiotic drunkards fighting and I haven't since the departure of these games. It's been a welcome departure from those bygone days. I think the NDSU gameday experience is top notch and bringing you guys back onto our schedules would surely bring back that element and it's not a positive thing.

And of course the ndsu fans had nothing to do with those fights. Grow up. Every fan base has a few bad apples.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 02:46 PM
the rivalry is pretty dead. Old people care, but it's pretty rare to find someone of college age who gives a ****.

and again. if NDSU relied on college aged people, they'd get about 4,000 a game in.

MSUBobcat
September 9th, 2013, 02:48 PM

As true rivalries develop and become more heated, that type of behavior comes with it. According to NDSUstudent, it's already started.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 02:48 PM
And of course the ndsu fans had nothing to do with those fights. Grow up. Every fan base has a few bad apples.

Grow up? Christ almighty I said we haven't had one instance that I'm aware of where fighting has occured between an NDSU fan and a fan of any other team since we have no longer been playing. I like it that way. I like fans feeling welcome and feeling welcomed by other teams when we play them at their house. I think you need to move on and get over this nonsense. I think Dave St. Peter better worry more about the Twins and not trading away our best players rather than worrying about a old football rivalry that had gone sour many many years ago. I'm happy we no longer are in the same conference and hope it stays that way. You guys are happy or at least you say you are to be in the Big Sky. Life is good!

MSUBobcat
September 9th, 2013, 02:50 PM
and again. if NDSU relied on college aged people, they'd get about 4,000 a game in.

And I'm sure it's the college kids who are funding the Bison Team Makers. xrolleyesx

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 02:53 PM

They care enough to compare everything under the sun to UND or Grand Forks. Just go on Bisonville and look at some threads there or on Facebook. You see very little bashing SDSU, or UNI.

MSUBobcat
September 9th, 2013, 02:58 PM
They care enough to compare everything under the sun to UND or Grand Forks. Just go on Bisonville and look at some threads there or on Facebook. You see very little bashing SDSU, or UNI.

"We care so little about you that we have to bring you up in every conversation and start a pissing match, even though it's not on-topic, just so you know how little you truly mean to us. xpeacex" - Sincerely, NDSU fans.

xlolx

And yes I know UND fans do their part to start the xslapfightx

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Grow up? Christ almighty I said we haven't had one instance that I'm aware of where fighting has occured between an NDSU fan and a fan of any other team since we have no longer been playing. I like it that way. I like fans feeling welcome and feeling welcomed by other teams when we play them at their house. I think you need to move on and get over this nonsense. I think Dave St. Peter better worry more about the Twins and not trading away our best players rather than worrying about a old football rivalry that had gone sour many many years ago. I'm happy we no longer are in the same conference and hope it stays that way. You guys are happy or at least you say you are to be in the Big Sky. Life is good!

I like not playing ndsu, mostly because I can't stand the fans (you're great representation). As for the rivalry going sour many years ago.... is that because the bison started to lose every year? Or are you just referring back to when they quit playing? Before you call St. Peter out on his job duties, you should probably figure out what they are. He's in charge of the business side of the organization, he's not the one trading away the young talent.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 03:02 PM
I like not playing ndsu, mostly because I can't stand the fans. As for the rivalry going sour many years ago.... is that because the bison started to lose every year? Or are you just referring back to when they quit playing? Before you call St. Peter out on his job duties, you should probably figure out what they are. He's in charge of the business side of the organization, he's not the one trading away the young talent.

He's the president of the Twins. He does the hiring and firing of staff. He hires the GM Terry Ryan who makes decision about the player personnel. Maybe you need to do some homework before you spout off. Come back and talk more smack when you guys have done something with your football team and won anything other than a moral victory.

NDSUstudent
September 9th, 2013, 03:03 PM
And I'm sure it's the college kids who are funding the Bison Team Makers. xrolleyesx

If members of the Bison Team Makers really wanted the game to happen it would have been scheduled by now. They don't.

MplsBison
September 9th, 2013, 03:07 PM

Very simply solution: don't come to the UND game.

You win. Everyone else also wins.

MplsBison
September 9th, 2013, 03:07 PM
If members of the Bison Team Makers really wanted the game to happen it would have been scheduled by now. They don't.

I'm sure they'd love to think they can influence scheduling. :)

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 03:12 PM
He's the president of the Twins. He does the hiring and firing of staff. He hires the GM Terry Ryan who makes decision about the player personnel. Maybe you need to do some homework before you spout off. Come back and talk more smack when you guys have done something with your football team and won anything other than a moral victory.

It's his job to make the team money, which they are doing a lot of. I find it comical how your entire self-worth is attached to the ndsu football team. You say ndsu and UND aren't rivals and you don't care about UND, and yet here you are trolling this thread. You can also be found trolling every other thread which makes even the slightest mention of UND. What's your name on SiouxSports? I'm sure you're trolling there too. You sure do seem to have a lot of negative opinions when it comes to UND and anyone associated with UND. Was your application rejected?

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 03:15 PM

Why should it matter how good our football team is or who we have played, you don't want the rivalry to continue so why care? That's what I love about Bison fans who don't want the rivalry. I don't want our (NDSU) team to play you yet you played this team or that team and had this many yards and you scheduled who. Gotta love the knowledge of NDSU fans about UND athletics but don't want anything to do with us. xlolx

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2013, 03:17 PM

Yah! You tell em big guy.

You have some real issues with UND. Unhealthy. Just "enjoy the season" (Mike Tice voice).

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 03:17 PM

Can you name anything SDSU has won other than a moral victory? They are your rivals you should know a hell of a lot more of them and hell of a lot less of UND.

NDSUstudent
September 9th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I'm sure they'd love to think they can influence scheduling. :)

Money talks and I guarantee Coach and the AD listen.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 03:20 PM
If anyone really cares to know why they really have such a hard on for this game here are two screen shots from the WDAY/WDAZ sports over the weekend. These are from the SDSU@UND game. Look at the stands. Yeah I know these are not the clearest but if anyone cares to look at the video here's the link.

http://www.wday.com/event/group/group/Sports/

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/und2_zpsadf98797.gif

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/und1_zps2b9bab99.gif

That's some great fans support. No wonder why they want to get NDSU in that tin shed it's the only way their fans will show up at a game. Whioux needs who?

NDSUstudent
September 9th, 2013, 03:22 PM
If anyone really cares to know why they really have such a hard on for this game here are two screen shots from the WDAY/WDAZ sports over the weekend. These are from the SDSU@UND game. Look at the stands. Yeah I know these are not the clearest but if anyone cares to look at the video here's the link.

That's some great fans support. No wonder why they want to get NDSU in that tin shed it's the only way their fans will show up at a game. Whioux needs who?

Time to pull the plug on this thread. Even I get sick of this crap. The only person caring about their football team right now is you.

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM

In this situation, I agree that if Team Makers really pushed for the game it would've been scheduled. There's been more than enough opportunity and I believe GT still has a contract on his desk (unless he threw it away in disgust after being owned through the media by Faison) for 2015 in Fargo with a return in GF in 2017. GT said he'd do a home and home, Faison sent the contract, GT went quiet.

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2013, 03:26 PM

You cherry picked the shots that have the two sections that are always the 'extra ticket' area. There was 10,100 (capacity 12,200) people there and you also picked shots from when UND was down by 21 and fans started filing out (which they shouldn't have). That section in view is always empty and UND needs to get that filled. The other side of the field was 95% full along with the five sections right to the left of that shot.

Playing the Bison will help UND get those extra 2,000 people....yippee! So will winning.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 03:26 PM

Do you want me to find of a pic of an almost half empty Fargodome during your 3-8 season of 2009?

14,301 vs YSU... or better yet 12,202 vs Robert Morris in the FIRST EVER playoff game in the Fargodome in 2010.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Time to pull the plug on this thread. Even I get sick of this crap. The only person caring about their football team right now is you.

That's easy to do. There are over 29,000 other threads to go bitch about. Have at it.

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Ah yes, because ndsu fans don't leave at halftime during what appears to be a blow-out. UND was down 3 TDs and came back late to give the fans who stayed a little entertainment. What's up with your obsession with UND bisonbacker? Get beat out for a job by a more qualified applicant? Tired of toiling in the dirt as a hired hand on a farm owned by a UND grad? Did one of us steal your girlfriend in college?

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 03:29 PM

Go back and look through this thread and see how many times I've replied. I don't give a rats behind about them but I get sick of them or their supporters clamoring to get this game going again. This case the supporter happens to be the president of the Twins. You don't like it take my advice don't click on the link to read it. Pretty simple to fix. My last post is the real reason this is being pushed by them. They are faltering and want NDSU to prop them back up. I say no thank you we are doing just fine.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Go back and look through this thread and see how many times I've replied. I don't give a rats behind about them but I get sick of them or their supporters clamoring to get this game going again. This case the supporter happens to be the president of the Twins. You don't like it take my advice don't click on the link to read it. Pretty simple to fix. My last post is the real reason this is being pushed by them. They are faltering and want NDSU to prop them back up. I say no thank you we are doing just fine.

I think UND has done well without NDSU since 2004. Selling out one game against NDSU is not going to turn us into National Champions. (see 2001 and how many games were sellouts).

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 03:35 PM
You cherry picked the shots that have the two sections that are always the 'extra ticket' area. There was 10,100 (capacity 12,200) people there and you also picked shots from when UND was down by 21 and fans started filing out (which they shouldn't have). That section in view is always empty and UND needs to get that filled. The other side of the field was 95% full along with the five sections right to the left of that shot.

Playing the Bison will help UND get those extra 2,000 people....yippee! So will winning.

I didn't cherry pick anything I showed what I saw on the sports period. Complain to WDAZ about their footage then and see if they can hide the empty seats next time. As to the other comments about NDSU I'd refer you to this..

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/22988317/bison-tickets-for-sale
https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=1&article_id=407813&CFID=495696804&CFTOKEN=33045874
http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/event/article/id/70768/
http://www.bakkentoday.com/event/article/id/369748/publisher_ID/1/

As far as winning is concerned..well we'll leave that one alone.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 03:37 PM
I didn't cherry pick anything I showed what I saw on the sports period. Complain to WDAZ about their footage then and see if they can hide the empty seats next time. As to the other comments about NDSU I'd refer you to this..

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/22988317/bison-tickets-for-sale
https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=1&article_id=407813&CFID=495696804&CFTOKEN=33045874
http://www.thedickinsonpress.com/event/article/id/70768/
http://www.bakkentoday.com/event/article/id/369748/publisher_ID/1/

As far as winning is concerned..well we'll leave that one alone.

Because winning gets the butts in the seats...plenty of tickets were available when you guys were losing. Just wait til your reign is over and see if 18k+ is still at every game.

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 03:39 PM

We want to play ndsu so the fans won't leave at halftime? Actually for one of those pictures, that section would still be empty at the time of the photo for a Moo U game. You see, the band has to leave the stands in order to play on the field at halftime. I actually know some pretty decent ndsu grads, but man do you and Lakes give them a bad name. xpeacex

TennBison
September 9th, 2013, 03:45 PM
I hope you realize that the amount of people on this forum is not even a close representation of the true fan base. Luckily for NDSU, if the forums were an actual cross section of the fan base, more people than just people on the forums would dislike like you. So please quit saying what NDSU fans want or don't want.

With your amazing insight on UND and the Twins maybe you should do some consulting services, but we know that it is hard for a keyboard quarterback to be a doer.

I wonder if the players would want to play each other, I know I would if I were them.

I don't make my statements based on the posts from this forum, I make it based on my own conclusions. As far as the true fan base goes I am sure that the thoughts of most of the fans at the Bison tailgating represent what and who the true fans are, and since an overwhelming number of them don't care or want the game to be played unless it benefits NDSU I would say I am getting my information from accurate sources as far as true fans are concerned. As far as what you call amazing insight into the Twins and UND I would not call it amazing, just call it fact. If you are blind to it then get to an eye doctor. And as far as the players wanting to play, I would bet you that at least 50% want to see it, the UND ones that is, and maybe a few local home grown Bison players who saw it as kids. I am sure that it makes no difference in this case who you have on the schedule the players are happy to play whoever you put on the field across from them. As far as being a keyboard doer then maybe you should try to not be a keyboard smart ass, if you want to try to do it to my face I will be more than happy let you know right where I will be in the tailgate lot for the next game. Lets see if you are still a Keyboard QB then.

aces1180
September 9th, 2013, 03:47 PM
In this situation, I agree that if Team Makers really pushed for the game it would've been scheduled. There's been more than enough opportunity and I believe GT still has a contract on his desk (unless he threw it away in disgust after being owned through the media by Faison) for 2015 in Fargo with a return in GF in 2017. GT said he'd do a home and home, Faison sent the contract, GT went quiet.

I don't exactly know what you mean by "being owned through the media by Faison"...If anything, crying to media anytime the possibility of this game has come up has hurt UN_'s chances of scheduling NDSU. It makes Faison look really bad and I bet if he kept his trap shut, he's make more progress.

aces1180
September 9th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Because winning gets the butts in the seats...plenty of tickets were available when you guys were losing. Just wait til your reign is over and see if 18k+ is still at every game.

Sorry, but NDSU football has become an event...I doubt we'll see any attendance issues anytime soon, especially considering how popular tailgating has become. Hell, there is a waiting list for season tickets and reserved tailgating spots. As much as it hurts the haters, NDSU football's popularity is going to continue growing.

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I don't exactly know what you mean by "being owned through the media by Faison"...If anything, crying to media anytime the possibility of this game has come up has hurt UN_'s chances of scheduling NDSU. It makes Faison look really bad and I bet if he kept his trap shut, he's make more progress.

Media asked GT when/if he would schedule a game against UND. GT told them he wouldn't do an every year game, but would do an every other year game. GT said this to get the media off his back and to place the blame on UND for the game not being played. Faison called him out on it by sending a contract for games in 2015 and 2017 the very next week. After that, GT went off-radar. Thus, I conclude GT got owned through the media. Is Faison pointing out and exploiting GT's stupidity going to get the game scheduled any sooner? No, but I don't believe a game will be scheduled until GT is gone regardless of what UND does, so we might as well make an @$$ out of him for being a tool. It's funny how forgetful the bison-faithful are.

In GT we trust? That's blasphemy xlolx

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Sorry, but NDSU football has become an event...I doubt we'll see any attendance issues anytime soon, especially considering how popular tailgating has become. Hell, there is a waiting list for season tickets and reserved tailgating spots. As much as it hurts the haters, NDSU football's popularity is going to continue growing.

As long as they continue winning. Fans love winners and once the winning slows, so do the fans. I'm sure the bizun fans in the 80s never saw the slow-down coming either. That's the funny thing about the boom-bust cycle.... people rarely see the bust on the horizon.

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I don't make my statements based on the posts from this forum, I make it based on my own conclusions. As far as the true fan base goes I am sure that the thoughts of most of the fans at the Bison tailgating represent what and who the true fans are, and since an overwhelming number of them don't care or want the game to be played unless it benefits NDSU I would say I am getting my information from accurate sources as far as true fans are concerned. As far as what you call amazing insight into the Twins and UND I would not call it amazing, just call it fact. If you are blind to it then get to an eye doctor. And as far as the players wanting to play, I would bet you that at least 50% want to see it, the UND ones that is, and maybe a few local home grown Bison players who saw it as kids. I am sure that it makes no difference in this case who you have on the schedule the players are happy to play whoever you put on the field across from them. As far as being a keyboard doer then maybe you should try to not be a keyboard smart ass, if you want to try to do it to my face I will be more than happy let you know right where I will be in the tailgate lot for the next game. Lets see if you are still a Keyboard QB then.

Yet another quality physical threat from an NDSU fan. Spreading like wildfire-just a tough fanbase. Usually its a PM but not this time.

TennBison
September 9th, 2013, 04:03 PM

Last year the no nicknames never had more than 9500 (give or take a hundred) in a stadium that can hold in the 12000 range. Even though the Alerus Center website says they averaged 10500. Lets see, no more than 9500 made it to any game but they averaged 10500 who the hell does their math. While since 2003 when the Bison had a 12500 range, they have climbed into the top ten in FCS attendance for the last 5-6 years and averaged 18000+ last year. So since 2003 our attendance has gone up every year and UND has stayed the same. Looks to me like you guys have loads of seats available no matter how well you do. You need the Bison.

aces1180
September 9th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Media asked GT when/if he would schedule a game against UND. GT told them he wouldn't do an every year game, but would do an every other year game. GT said this to get the media off his back and to place the blame on UND for the game not being played. Faison called him out on it by sending a contract for games in 2015 and 2017 the very next week. After that, GT went off-radar. Thus, I conclude GT got owned through the media. Is Faison pointing out and exploiting GT's stupidity going to get the game scheduled any sooner? No, but I don't believe a game will be scheduled until GT is gone regardless of what UND does, so we might as well make an @$$ out of him for being a tool. It's funny how forgetful the bison-faithful are.

Seems to me as though the only thing Faison/St. Peter do through the media is look like crybabies. If you call something that only a handful of people remember (all UN_ fans) as being "owned" I guess you have a different definition of that term than me. But what do I know, I only have a Master's degree in public relations. xsmugx

And as Teammaker and long-time season ticket holder, I trust Gene to do what's best for NDSU, as he has for over 10 years...Two-straight FCS titles, the upcoming construction of the SHAC (which admittedly took longer than expected) and an undisputed level of the school's popularity might have something to do with that.

aces1180
September 9th, 2013, 04:07 PM
As long as they continue winning. Fans love winners and once the winning slows, so do the fans. I'm sure the bizun fans in the 80s never saw the slow-down coming either. That's the funny thing about the boom-bust cycle.... people rarely see the bust on the horizon.

Keep telling yourself that so you can sleep at night...

MSUBobcat
September 9th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Yet another quality physical threat from an NDSU fan. Spreading like wildfire-just a tough fanbase. Usually its a PM but not this time.

Wait a minute. According to BisonBacker it's the Sioux fans who cause all the fighting. What gives?? xdontknowx

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 04:10 PM

Don't worry, bisonbacker says only UND fans start fights, so I wouldn't expect this one to escalate beyond the interwebs.

You need the Bison.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to help you sleep at night, everyone likes to feel needed. You should probably get your anger issues under control though, I mean seriously, challenging fellow bison fans to fight in the tailgating lot over AGS?? You've got issues.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 04:10 PM

Only you or a und fan would see it this way.

It's his job to make the team money, which they are doing a lot of. I find it comical how your entire self-worth is attached to the ndsu football team. You say ndsu and UND aren't rivals and you don't care about UND, and yet here you are trolling this thread. You can also be found trolling every other thread which makes even the slightest mention of UND. What's your name on SiouxSports? I'm sure you're trolling there too. You sure do seem to have a lot of negative opinions when it comes to UND and anyone associated with UND. Was your application rejected?

You seem to be doing a good job of trolling yourself in this thread. Pot to kettle. I don't care one iota about what UND does or anyone associated with them but when they drag NDSU into it that changes.

Ah yes, because ndsu fans don't leave at halftime during what appears to be a blow-out. UND was down 3 TDs and came back late to give the fans who stayed a little entertainment. What's up with your obsession with UND bisonbacker? Get beat out for a job by a more qualified applicant? Tired of toiling in the dirt as a hired hand on a farm owned by a UND grad? Did one of us steal your girlfriend in college?

We are talking about this year. Nice job on the personal attacks. Really clever and original. Also more talk about trolling but you seem to be doing fine on your own.

This is rich. A und fan critiquing Bison fans and administration on foresight because we all know just how smart und and it's fans have been on predicting anything regarding FCS football or the move up to DI. Keep it coming this is good.

robsnotes4u
September 9th, 2013, 04:11 PM

Einstein? Maybe you should the whole thread and you would understand what I am referring to. Typical.

MarkyMark
September 9th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Hey UND fans,
Do you get the feeling there are less and less NDSU fans that care if we play UND in Football?

Bison fans are quite satisfied with NDSU football. There is still some intense hatred out there toward UND but those folks are the most likely NDSU fans to say "Screw UND, we don't need to play them anymore".

If you want this game to happen spend your time and energy convincing the UND AD to agree to whatever terms NDSU is asking. IF NDSU is asking too much than so be it. Everything about the possible game has been said and argued to death on AGS.

TennBison
September 9th, 2013, 04:14 PM

Try getting your facts straight, the interview he did on 790 he stated that the game will happen some time. Just not in the next 2 years most likely, and that is due to our schedule FBS opponents already booked and looking to fill a home game schedule. Your going to have to just wait your turn. Or maybe you forgot when the Bison offered games but UND turned them down. Pretty convenient of Faison to send a game request knowing the formula NDSU uses for booking games and using that formula makes it so that UND can't happen at least until 2016. So maybe 2017 will work. But your facts about what Taylor said are incorrect.

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Seems to me as though the only thing Faison/St. Peter do through the media is look like crybabies. If you call something that only a handful of people remember (all UN_ fans) as being "owned" I guess you have a different definition of that term than me. But what do I know, I only have a Master's degree in public relations. xsmugx

Well with a masters in public relations, I'd expect you know plenty about the 24 hour news cycle (nothing stays news for long).

frozennorth
September 9th, 2013, 04:21 PM
there is alot to bash about UND, it's like low hanging fruit, and it's also nowhere near as common as you think. Also you bring up NDSU in nearly every single post of yours both here and on siouxsports. If anyone is obsessed with anyone, its siouxsports.

TennBison
September 9th, 2013, 04:24 PM

Ah you mean how people should see the future, much like UND mocking/bashing NDSU for making the move to DI and then doing the same thing just a few years later because DII was going down hill fast.

frozennorth
September 9th, 2013, 04:26 PM
you're a business major, you don't get to talk down to anyone.

aces1180
September 9th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Well with a masters in public relations, I'd expect you know plenty about the 24 hour news cycle (nothing stays news for long). To be honest, I didn't even know there was a masters program for public relations, congrats on that though.

That was my point...If GT would have been owned in the media, it would having more staying power than it does...The only people who remember and/or bring it up are UN_ fans. Just like Bison fans rip on Faison for running to the media every time he sends proposal to GT...Notice that Taylor didn't make a big deal when he countered Faison's initial offer.

robsnotes4u
September 9th, 2013, 04:31 PM

Interesting enough isn't it. Calls me out, but NDSU doesn't do that only UND. If TennBison would like to come to my house in south Fargo I would love to visit,

My name is Robert Martin no hiding behind a keyboard, haven't fought in years, 48 years old 6 foot 200 and fat. When I wrestled at 98 pounds I use to fight is was fun then guys my size were easy. Now couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag, without having a hear attack. So come on down, just run from me for two minutes, I will be winded, and you win without hurting you knuckles , knees and such
And I will give you a beer.

F'N Hawks
September 9th, 2013, 04:33 PM
Interesting enough isn't it. Calls me out, but NDSU doesn't do that only UND. If TennBison would like to come to my house in south Fargo I would love to visit,

My name is Robert Martin no hiding behind a keyboard, haven't fought in years, 48 years old 6 foot 200 and fat. When I wrestled at 98 pounds I use to fight is was fun then guys my size were easy. Now couldn't fight my way out of a wet paper bag, without having a hear attack. So come on down, just run from me for two minutes, I will be winded, and you win without hurting you knuckles , knees and such
And I will give you a beer.

xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I'm trying to figure out why, since nobody really cares anyway, why this has escalated so much. I own all I say too. My name is Scott Quenette and my picture has been posted

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Try getting your facts straight, the interview he did on 790 he stated that the game will happen some time. Just not in the next 2 years most likely, and that is due to our schedule FBS opponents already booked and looking to fill a home game schedule. Your going to have to just wait your turn. Or maybe you forgot when the Bison offered games but UND turned them down. Pretty convenient of Faison to send a game request knowing the formula NDSU uses for booking games and using that formula makes it so that UND can't happen at least until 2016. So maybe 2017 will work. But your facts about what Taylor said are incorrect.

Actually it was WDAY's Dom Izzo that pointed out the years 2015, 2017 to both GT and Brian Faison. Faison didn't pull those years out of his ass. Its the Fargo media trying like hell to get UND/NDSU to play.

robsnotes4u
September 9th, 2013, 04:39 PM
xlolx

Almost had a heart attack writing it, forgot the "t" in heart. Just might have to go find him and personally introduce myself and buy him a beer at his tailgate anyway. Not this weekend going to watch my wife's Griz play the Sioux.

Would be fun I have beers with Bison faithful all the time.

MSUBobcat
September 9th, 2013, 04:42 PM
I'm trying to figure out why, since nobody really cares anyway, why this has escalated so much. I own all I say too. My name is Scott Quenette and my picture has been posted

46 pages so far of no one caring xlolx But hey this thread must be years old, back from when there was a rivalry right? No? It's only 4 days old.... hmmm xconfusedx

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 04:43 PM
Last year the no nicknames never had more than 9500 (give or take a hundred) in a stadium that can hold in the 12000 range. Even though the Alerus Center website says they averaged 10500. Lets see, no more than 9500 made it to any game but they averaged 10500 who the hell does their math. While since 2003 when the Bison had a 12500 range, they have climbed into the top ten in FCS attendance for the last 5-6 years and averaged 18000+ last year. So since 2003 our attendance has gone up every year and UND has stayed the same. Looks to me like you guys have loads of seats available no matter how well you do. You need the Bison.

2008 18,032
2009 16,515
2010 15,944
2011 18,143

Its amazing what happens when you have a losing season, and I wonder if 2010 was from the 12,000 at the playoff game.

http://www.ncaa.org/wps/wcm/connect/public/NCAA/Resources/Stats/Football/Attendance/index.html

UNDColorado
46 pages so far of no one caring xlolx But hey this thread must be years old, back from when there was a rivalry right? No? It's only 4 days old.... hmmm xconfusedx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

UNDBIZ
you're a business major, you don't get to talk down to anyone.

I didn't make fun of any majors in my post. Regardless, I've had a lot of success with my major and don't regret it at all. My friends with civil engineering degrees (from ndsu) are working 60 hours per week to make what I do in 40.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 04:44 PM

And started by a Bison fan.

robsnotes4u
September 9th, 2013, 04:44 PM

Nice to meet you. By the way I watch Bison away games at Fargo Billiards with friends. If you don't already come down there you should. Mike has the games up for us to watch during the playoffs. We had Montana, Montana State, UND, Bison, and some UNI fans all watching together last year.

Crap, I just told TennBison, my hang out he might come hit me up for a beer.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 04:47 PM
Nice to meet you. By the way I watch Bison away games at Fargo Billiards with friends. If you don't already come down there you should. Mike has the games up for us to watch during the playoffs. We had Montana, Montana State, UND, Bison, and some UNI fans all watching together last year.

Nice place, I've been there once with a couple friends. My co-worker Asif plays pool there a lot. You know him? Maybe we need a UND/NDSU pool game to restart the rivalry. xlolx

TennBison
September 9th, 2013, 04:54 PM
LOL, I'm not going to fight you, unless you feel like getting beat up. I am inviting you to meet so that if you think I am just a sit and type person and not a doer, so I can tell you face to face what I know and think. I do not have a tailgate myself, but have friends that do and I go to theirs, but I am in the tailgate lot before every home game. And just so that the facts are straight, I have no problem with NDSU playing UND, only as long as it is in NDSUs best interest, by following the formula Taylor has: 1 FBS opponent that is somewhat winnable, and 1-2 OOC games at home. If UND wants to be that OOC game then so be it. Why should we give up a home game to satisfy them.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 04:57 PM
LOL, I'm not going to fight you, unless you feel like getting beat up. I am inviting you to meet so that if you think I am just a sit and type person and not a doer, so I can tell you face to face what I know and think. I do not have a tailgate myself, but have friends that do and I go to theirs, but I am in the tailgate lot before every home game. And just so that the facts are straight, I have no problem with NDSU playing UND, only as long as it is in NDSUs best interest, by following the formula Taylor has: 1 FBS opponent that is somewhat winnable, and 1-2 OOC games at home. If UND wants to be that OOC game then so be it. Why should we give up a home game to satisfy them.

Why do a home and home with Montana, Montana State, GSU, but not UND? At least UND won't backout.

robsnotes4u
September 9th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Nice place, I've been there once with a couple friends. My co-worker Asif plays pool there a lot. You know him? Maybe we need a UND/NDSU pool game to restart the rivalry. xlolx

I don't recognize the name. Who else does he play with? I play their a lot. By the name is he from India or Pakistan? I play play with a few from those countries. Ther use to be a guy that came around, Johnny jabbar, and his first name was something like that.

If you are ever there ask for me at the front desk, if I am there they will know, ask your friend if he knows me.

UNDBIZ
September 9th, 2013, 04:58 PM

Apparently that formula was abandoned for next year in favor of a game in Montana.....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/archive/index.php/t-63700.html

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 04:59 PM
I don't recognize the name. Who else does he play with? I play their a lot. By the name is he from India or Pakistan? I play play with a few from those countries. Ther use to be a guy that came around, Johnny jabbar, and his first name was something like that.

If you are ever there ask for me at the front desk, if I am there they will know, ask your friend if he knows me.

That's him, his real name is Asif.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 05:00 PM

Wish I could but I live in Kansas. If I'm coming to Fargo, it will be with a ticket in my hand.

robsnotes4u
September 9th, 2013, 05:00 PM
That's him, his real name is Asif.

Johnny knows me well. He hasn't been in there in a long time. We have played a lot. You might know Prad and Chiatu also

TennBison
September 9th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Why do a home and home with Montana, Montana State, GSU, but not UND? At least UND won't backout.

Because those were the teams that were on the top of the FCS ladder at the time and we played them to get recognition and we wanted to be able to say we are playing and beating the best there is. UND does not fit that discription.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Because those were the teams that were on the top of the FCS ladder at the time and we played them to get recognition and we wanted to be able to say we are playing and beating the best there is. UND does not fit that discription.

How did Ferris State do for recognition, or how about Delaware State (with our logo on NBC), or Prairie View last year, or Morgan State.

robsnotes4u
September 9th, 2013, 05:07 PM

You can't argue with that.

TennBison
September 9th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Apparently that formula was abandoned for next year in favor of a game in Montana.....

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/archive/index.php/t-63700.html

See my last post, Montana is ranked, where is UND? Not in the top 20 from what I am looking at. If we can't get teams to come here, we will have to travel. That is what happens when our team beats most everyone we play, no one want to come to NDSU to get beat, and we are forced to travel. And just as in the case before, UND still does not fit into that description.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 05:10 PM
See my last post, Montana is ranked, where is UND? Not in the top 20 from what I am looking at. If we can't get teams to come here, we will have to travel. That is what happens when our team beats most everyone we play, no one want to come to NDSU to get beat, and we are forced to travel. And just as in the case before, UND still does not fit into that description.

Don't say no one. We aren't allowed.

TennBison
September 9th, 2013, 05:17 PM
How did Ferris State do for recognition, or how about Delaware State (with our logo on NBC), or Prairie View last year, or Morgan State.

Do you even know what you are posting, first you wanted to know why we were traveling to teams like MSU, GSU. Now you want to know why we are having Delaware, Feris, PV and Morgan come to the Fargodome. The two posts are about completely different scenarios and that is why the team caliber does not matter as much when we play at home. We played Ferris St because Montana St backed out at just about the last possible minute and screwed us, and the same scenario goes for playing Delaware, they were also a replacement for a team that backed out. Where is MSU ranked, top 10.

TennBison
September 9th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Don't say no one. We aren't allowed.

Have Faison send a contract for a game at the dome and I would say in my mind it gets accepted.

MplsBison
September 9th, 2013, 05:21 PM

The AD was already on that side anyway.

It'd be pretty easy to say as a group of Church boosters that "the priest will listen to us if we tell him to preach about Jesus."

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Have Faison send a contract for a game at the dome and I would say in my mind it gets accepted.

A game no, home and home yes.

TennBison
September 9th, 2013, 05:42 PM

Well then there you go, sit and wait then until we call you. If you want it bad enough you would be jumping at the chance to play us no matter what the conditions. Did you offer a home and home with SD school of Mines, or Valpo.

Bisonoline
September 9th, 2013, 06:03 PM

Yes they will listen because its good business. But you are full of bs if you think the TMs dont want to play the game. The game will be scheduled when its in NDSUs best interest. Not because of what a TM might say.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Well then there you go, sit and wait then until we call you. If you want it bad enough you would be jumping at the chance to play us no matter what the conditions. Did you offer a home and home with SD school of Mines, or Valpo.

Me no but as for UND you will have to contact Brian Faison.

Bisonoline
September 9th, 2013, 06:15 PM

You are delusional.

Bisonoline
September 9th, 2013, 06:28 PM

come on Darell dont act that stupid. You know why those games got scheduled.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 06:39 PM
I didn't make fun of any majors in my post. Regardless, I've had a lot of success with my major and don't regret it at all. My friends with civil engineering degrees (from ndsu) are working 60 hours per week to make what I do in 40.

No you just make old used up sophomoric jokes and then have the audacity to tell people to grow up. Now you want to brag about what you make or allegedly make compared to alleged NDSU grad friends you say you have. Another dick measuring contest you bring up but hey that's easy to do on the web it's nothing new coming from a und grad. Curious with how you have this apparent dislike of all things NDSU that you would admit to having NDSU grads as friends.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 06:40 PM

God this is to easy Darrell. They bring competition to the table xlolx

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 06:42 PM
come on Darell dont act that stupid. You know why those games got scheduled.

Only Prarie view and Ferris were buyout replacements the others....oh that's right you also did a home and home with SOUTH DAKOTA when they were in the GWFC, lots of recognition there.

darell1976
September 9th, 2013, 06:43 PM
God this is to easy Darrell. They bring competition to the table xlolx

And 2 of them were buyouts.

Bisonoline
September 9th, 2013, 06:43 PM

If you havent figured it out yet (faison hasnt) you wont dictate the terms of the contract.

BisonBacker
September 9th, 2013, 06:45 PM
If you havent figured it out yet (faison hasnt) you wont dictate the terms of the contract.

Neither of them has is that a surprise?

aces1180
September 9th, 2013, 07:44 PM

^ This right here

When NDSU decides it's time to play (which I honestly hope they do), they'll do so on their terms...UN_ doesn't have a card to play in this game.

UN_ fans don't like to admit that fact, but its true.

MplsBison
September 9th, 2013, 08:19 PM
With any luck, UND will make the playoffs this year as a play-in game team. They'll crush whatever pathetic, hapless Pioneer or NEC team is sent to Grand Forks and then make their inexorably pre-determined trip south 70 miles, as dictated by the NCAA selection committee (while cackling).

The committee members will literally push down small children in order to sprint over to the bracket so they can mark in blazing, red ink for the UND vs. who cares game feeding into number 1 seed NDSU in Fargo.

That will solve a lot of this. I'm greatly looking forward to it.

aces1180
September 9th, 2013, 08:42 PM
With any luck, UND will make the playoffs this year as a play-in game team. They'll crush whatever pathetic, hapless Pioneer or NEC team is sent to Grand Forks and then make their inexorably pre-determined trip south 70 miles, as dictated by the NCAA selection committee (while cackling).

The committee members will literally push down small children in order to sprint over to the bracket so they can mark in blazing, red ink for the UND vs. who cares game feeding into number 1 seed NDSU in Fargo.

That will solve a lot of this. I'm greatly looking forward to it.

That would be awesome...

Plus, UN_ fans would be lucky to have 500 fans in attendance...Hell, I'd buy more than my season ticket allotment and sell them to Bison fans for less than face if needed to screw over UN_ fans.

MplsBison
September 9th, 2013, 08:44 PM
It'd be the new attendance record in the Fargodome for sure.

People would pay to sit in hastily assembled, aluminum bleachers behind the giant corner columns - completely blocking their view of the game.

NDSU could easily...easily charge double for that game. Why not? They'd go for that on the internet. Might as well try to get a piece of that for themselves. Oh oops...I mean for the NCAA, so they can actually make a little bit of dough on the playoffs.

UNDBIZ
September 10th, 2013, 07:52 AM
No you just make old used up sophomoric jokes and then have the audacity to tell people to grow up.

I was joking, you were serious. Are you able to comprehend the difference? I'm aware that most bizun internet trolls struggle with basic reading comprehension, so please take a few minutes to stew it over before responding.

Now you want to brag about what you make or allegedly make compared to alleged NDSU grad friends you say you have Another dick measuring contest you bring up but hey that's easy to do on the web it's nothing new coming from a und grad.

Wasn't bragging, just pointing out that my major does just fine when stacked up against the degrees he reveres. xpeacex

Curious with how you have this apparent dislike of all things NDSU that you would admit to having NDSU grads as friends.

Some high school friends turned down the wrong path upon graduation from high school. In the years since graduating from ndsu, they've learned the error of their ways and have come back to the light. I am a forgiving person and have accepted them back into my life. xsmiley_wix

Bisonator
September 10th, 2013, 08:02 AM
This thread is still going? Geeze guys let it go already...

http://images.wikia.com/uncyclopedia/images/archive/1/11/20080202231407%21Beating-a-dead-horse.gif