PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo scoreboard page sucks now - where else?

bkrownd
August 29th, 2013, 08:19 PM
I normally get my football scores on Yahoo, but the new format of their "scores" page this year wastes WAY too much space on graphics. Can anyone suggest a site with a primarily TEXT-oriented division 1 football scores page that is compact, comprehensive and current(!), and doesn't have wasteful graphics and javascript/flash nonsense going on?

mucho thanko!

bonarae
August 29th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Just like http://www.d1baseball.com, but for football?

TSN isn't for you? xchinscratchx

bkrownd
August 30th, 2013, 02:05 AM
TSN isn't for you? xchinscratchx

Never been there before...I'll try it, thanks.

bkrownd
August 31st, 2013, 02:22 AM
I checked today and Yahoo's scoreboard is more or less back to normal. Not sure what's up with Yahoo these days. The "groups" area is screwy, and Yahoo mail doesn't work right on half the computers I use. They need a Quality Control department.

bkrownd
September 6th, 2013, 10:18 PM
I don't get it, the Yahoo scoreboards keep flipping back and forth between the normal format and the stupid new fancy graphical format. I'm not sure if it depends on day of the week, or what. grrrrr....

ElCid
September 6th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Yahoo like so many sites is catering to the simple minded. Those who need fancy presentation because they the data is not as important as the presentation. Just a sad commentary on the brain power of todays citizens. And the real reason is that the yahoo geek who thought it up is just as simple minded. Just using up bandwidth for what? I have been in the hunt as well. It used to my one stop shop for all results, stats, standings etc. I am checking out other site now as well. Yahoo sucks in general across the board. They have been taken over by weirdos.

bonarae
September 6th, 2013, 11:25 PM
Yahoo like so many sites is catering to the simple minded. Those who need fancy presentation because they the data is not as important as the presentation. Just a sad commentary on the brain power of todays citizens. And the real reason is that the yahoo geek who thought it up is just as simple minded. Just using up bandwidth for what? I have been in the hunt as well. It used to my one stop shop for all results, stats, standings etc. I am checking out other site now as well. Yahoo sucks in general across the board. They have been taken over by weirdos.

Even for Mail? xchinscratchx Haven't used Yahoo Sports (app or website) in a while. The apps are quite complicated to navigate.

ElCid
September 6th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Even for Mail? xchinscratchx Haven't used Yahoo Sports (app or website) in a while. The apps are quite complicated to navigate.

Don't know, never used the mail except when I needed an e-mail and did not want to use mine real one. Never really use it. I only used Yahoo for college sports (Football and basketball). It was easy one stop shop to get standings, box scores, recaps, rankings, and stats. They also has descent historical data (about 10 years worth). Also use it for quick finance data (quotes and stories). They have not screwed that one up yet, but I am sure they are trying.

Bisonoline
September 7th, 2013, 12:50 AM
Mine is back to normal.

OhioHen
September 7th, 2013, 10:21 AM
ESPN ScoreCenter app works well for updated scores (and easy access to more info for any given game).