View Full Version : SIU Transfers In OL and OLB

underdawg
August 18th, 2013, 10:28 PM
6'4' 320 Jarien Moreland of Famu (last eligibility year as grad student) signs

6'3" 216 Outside Linebacker Lamonte Edwards of Minnesota--4.5 sec forty--signs

Waiting on word from Carlos Lazano 6'6" 380 OT from Utah

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 18th, 2013, 10:48 PM
I think SIU is going to be a playoff team this season. There's serious potential in Carbondale imo...

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 19th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Definitely part of Lennon's formula......FBS transfers.

Hasn't worked yet.

Houndawg
August 19th, 2013, 01:18 PM
I think SIU is going to be a playoff team this season. There's serious potential in Carbondale imo...

The problem is that SIU has the toughest schedule in FCS this year and an average QB.

dewey
August 19th, 2013, 01:47 PM
The problem is that SIU has the toughest schedule in FCS this year and an average QB.

So your QB has improved over last year:)

Dewey

Twentysix
August 19th, 2013, 03:08 PM

If SIU wasn't in the valley they would be a playoff team, but with their situation I doubt they make it this year.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 19th, 2013, 04:56 PM

Toughest schedule in the FCS...really?

SIU's ooc schedule is Illinois, Eastern Ill, SEMO and U of Charleston.

Illinois was 2-10 last year, EIU does not play defense, SEMO you beat 35-14 last year and I know nothing about Charleston. Plus a full Valley slate.

I wouldn't call that the 'toughest FCS schedule'.....

Houndawg
August 19th, 2013, 06:28 PM

Illinois was 2-10 last year, EIU does not play defense, SEMO you beat 35-14 last year and I know nothing about Charleston. Plus a full Valley slate.

Six preseason top 25 teams, #1, #7, #10, #15, #18, #23 and a Big 10 team. I'd call that a pretty tough schedule. Who has a tougher one besides maybe USD who we don't get to play?

Houndawg
August 19th, 2013, 06:30 PM
So your QB has improved over last year:)

Dewey

I figure he can't be worse, so I'm being a homer calling him average. Of course if he were really average we'd have beaten you the past two years.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 19th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Six preseason top 25 teams, #1, #7, #10, #15, #18, #23 and a Big 10 team. I'd call that a pretty tough schedule. Who has a tougher one besides maybe USD who we don't get to play?

The Bison play the exact same conference slate except for WIU, NDSU has USD. Plus our FBS game is Kansas State ranked #26.

Houndawg
August 19th, 2013, 07:39 PM
The Bison play the exact same conference slate except for WIU, NDSU has USD. Plus our FBS game is Kansas State ranked #26.

Leaving us with one more ranked opponent than you. QED.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 19th, 2013, 08:17 PM
Leaving us with one more ranked opponent than you. QED.

I'd call it a wash comparing NDSU/SIU. Illinois is not very good. K State will be a top 25 team or higher.

Houndawg
August 19th, 2013, 08:49 PM
I'd call it a wash comparing NDSU/SIU. Illinois is not very good. K State will be a top 25 team or higher.

Doesn't change my point, which you seem to have missed, at all.xcoffeex

skinny_uncle
August 19th, 2013, 09:42 PM

EIU happens to be the defending OVC champ. Nice of you to dismiss them so casually.

Thundar
August 19th, 2013, 10:34 PM
EIU happens to be the defending OVC champ. Nice of you to dismiss them so casually.

that was dismantled by SDSU in the Playoffs

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2013, 06:04 AM

Yep, as thundar just mentioned.....got crushed by SDSU 58-10, sorry I forgot about that powerhouse....xlolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Doesn't change my point, which you seem to have missed, at all.xcoffeex

Which is SIU does not have any more difficult schedule than the Bison or others in the Valley.

Professor Chaos
August 20th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Which is SIU does not have any more difficult schedule than the Bison or others in the Valley.
The Bison don't play NDSU (except in practice) and SIU does. Thus they have a tougher schedule. It's pretty simple. It's one of the reasons why year in year out the Patriots have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL even though they're usually one of the best teams, they don't have to play themselves.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2013, 06:39 AM
The Bison don't play NDSU (except in practice) and SIU does. Thus they have a tougher schedule. It's pretty simple. It's one of the reasons why year in year out the Patriots have one of the easiest schedules in the NFL even though they're usually one of the best teams, they don't have to play themselves.

Agree to disagree.

Bison have a much tougher FBS game compared to SIU. If your criteria is ranked FCS opponents than ya, SIU plays more ranked FCS opponents because they play the Bison.

All subjective. Much tougher FBS game makes it a wash IMO.

Houndawg
August 20th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Agree to disagree.

Bison have a much tougher FBS game compared to SIU. If your criteria is ranked FCS opponents than ya, SIU plays more ranked FCS opponents because they play the Bison.

All subjective. Much tougher FBS game makes it a wash IMO.

Well, that was my criteria as I plainly stated.

Sheesh...now I understand how a thread about a bar fight in Fargo can grow to 170 pages......xcoffeex

underdawg
August 20th, 2013, 12:34 PM
You ain't seen nothing yet bro. Wait till the week before the bar fight between the Bison and the Salukis this Homecoming---be ready for lots of innuendos about how our program is just not as pure as theirs because we signed a few transfers and many references to mustaches---oh and love-hate comments on Bubba and his defense against NDSUxlolx

Houndawg
August 20th, 2013, 02:19 PM
You ain't seen nothing yet bro. Wait till the week before the bar fight between the Bison and the Salukis this Homecoming---be ready for lots of innuendos about how our program is just not as pure as theirs because we signed a few transfers and many references to mustaches---oh and love-hate comments on Bubba and his defense against NDSUxlolx

If we lose by less than 3 TDs its because of the refs.

If they lose its because they beat themselves.

Also, Bill Fette.

Bison Fan in NW MN
August 20th, 2013, 03:07 PM
If we lose by less than 3 TDs its because of the refs.

If they lose its because they beat themselves.

Also, Bill Fette.

Everyone in the Valley will give the Bison their best effort....the way it should be. The Bison have demonstrated the last 2 yrs that if they do not bring their 'A' game they can be beat in the Valley. Can SIU beat the Bison this year....yes they could. But with 19 starters coming back it will take a complete game by the other team to beat the Bison this year.