PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Individual Tickets

Pages : 1 [2]

Vitojr130
August 8th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Damn...only 5 in a row...I guess I can't spew bull **** like Mpls can.

Only lakes and JBB can.

And then it's still only a poo flinging contest.

MplsBison
August 8th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Thank God that Fargo isn't SEA or MSP...a bunch of dumbass liberals that run both states & cities.

The civic and business leaders in Fargo are fairly savvy to see a good ROI and as the Fargodome continues to age, they will see operating expenses continue to rise. NDSU football has been THE key component to the financial success of the building and if the City of Fargo wants to see that continue, you will see some action on this within the next decade.

Akron's stadium could not hold a candle to the home-field environment of the Fargodome or the future indoor stadium that I foresee. Ask any GaSo fan or MVFC fan on here that has attended a game there and they are jealous of how it's deafening when their team has the ball. An indoor stadium, in my mind, is something that has helped the Bison and going back to an outdoor field would not benefit the team overall.

I agree about noise levels in an indoor stadium. I wasn't advocating that NDSU's next stadium be outdoor no matter what, only if NDSU had to raise the funds for its construction by itself. In that case, outdoor would be the only feasible option.

No doubt the city of Fargo sees the ROI that NDSU football currently brings to the Fargodome. And that will continue to happen for the far foreseeable future.

As I said, the Fargodome will need to be replaced...one day. As of today, she's strong and sturdy.

DJKyR0
August 8th, 2013, 02:39 PM
If outdoor stadium noise is being discussed, look no further than Autzen Stadium at Oregon to see how architecture can adequately compensate for the lack of a ceiling enclosure.

NoDak 4 Ever
August 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM
If outdoor stadium noise is being discussed, look no further than Autzen Stadium at Oregon to see how architecture can adequately compensate for the lack of a ceiling enclosure.

There's nothing but pasture land and airport out there anyway. I don't think University Village or the apts north of 19th would be bothered.

AmsterBison
August 8th, 2013, 03:02 PM

Built on an old dump too... interesting since the Fargo dump only has 12 years or so left and then they're going to have to decide what to do with that land... that is right off 12th Avenue in easy monorail distance from NDSU. :)

344Johnson
August 8th, 2013, 03:44 PM
There's nothing but pasture land and airport out there anyway. I don't think University Village or the apts north of 19th would be bothered.

Destroy University Village. Destroy the blocks immediately south(this includes my current residence). Plenty of room for a stadium.

IBleedYellow
August 8th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Oil Money.

Fixes everything.

Twentysix
August 8th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Oil Money.

Fixes everything.

Blue meth money does too. ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
August 8th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Blue meth money does too. ;)

Does it?

http://cdn.modernthrill.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Walter-White.jpg

Drblankstare
August 8th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Does it?

http://cdn.modernthrill.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Walter-White.jpg

^ This

darell1976
August 8th, 2013, 06:41 PM

I wouldn't mind stadium noise ( living 8 blocks from the dome) would remind me of growing up in GF I could hear the crowd and announcer of Memorial Stadium. Plus games are not at 3am so there isn't any noise laws broken.

Southern Bison
August 8th, 2013, 10:56 PM

I wouldn't mind stadium noise ( living 8 blocks from the dome) would remind me of growing up in GF I could hear the crowd and announcer of Memorial Stadium. Plus games are not at 3am so there isn't any noise laws broken.

I wasn't talking about the noise affecting the nearby neighborhoods...I'm talking about the decibel levels created in the Fargodome and the drastic home-field advantage that gives us.

http://www.mercenarytrader.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/hellomcfly.jpg

ursus arctos horribilis
August 8th, 2013, 11:45 PM
I wasn't talking about the noise affecting the nearby neighborhoods...I'm talking about the decibel levels created in the Fargodome and the drastic home-field advantage that gives us.

http://www.mercenarytrader.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/hellomcfly.jpg

I made the same assumption that you were speaking of local community so it didn't seem all that clear in the original post. You're gonna be shinin' my rims someday Biff!

344Johnson
August 9th, 2013, 12:53 AM
I made the same assumption that you were speaking of local community so it didn't seem all that clear in the original post. You're gonna be shinin' my rims someday Biff!

As did I

NoDak 4 Ever
August 9th, 2013, 07:43 AM

I actually didn't even see his post. I was responding to KyRo

Southern Bison
August 9th, 2013, 08:47 AM
http://youtu.be/BESESLY8tCw

I'll take an indoor stadium any day over an outdoor field. I have been to Panthers (NFL) games here in Charlotte and the 19,000 fans in the Fargodome give the Bison a bigger home-field advantage than the 65,000 Panther fans in Bank of America Stadium. The Fargodome is a unique environment in FCS and provides an upper hand on both sides of the ball for the team. The foresight of NDSU and Fargo to look 10-15 years down the road will allow for better planning, design, & fundraising for a larger facility that will be around after most of us AGSers have taken a dirt nap.

darell1976
August 9th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I actually didn't even see his post. I was responding to KyRo

And I was responding to yours. xlolx

MplsBison
August 9th, 2013, 01:19 PM

Undoubtedly.

I'm guessing Montana fans would beg to differ with Southern Bison. But then again, every major fan base probably thinks his own stadium is the loudest.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 9th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Undoubtedly.

I'm guessing Montana fans would beg to differ with Southern Bison. But then again, every major fan base probably thinks his own stadium is the loudest.

Yes, I completely disagree with his thinking the indoor is the way to go and we've proven for a long time that it is not necessary to have a roof to have that same environment. NDSU and Montana are at the top in terms of volume and appear to be fairly equal since the db levels even back in 2000 were in the high 120's (ESPN measured) for a playoff game in the cold and at night.

We didn't need a roof. As you said though, everyone thinks their own thing is the best of the bunch when they are actually equals.

But again, we don't need a roof. We're not Southern folk.

MplsBison
August 9th, 2013, 01:53 PM
One of my favorite phrases (thanks to Barbar): primus inter pares.

Vitojr130
August 9th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Yes, I completely disagree with his thinking the indoor is the way to go and we've proven for a long time that it is not necessary to have a roof to have that same environment. NDSU and Montana are at the top in terms of volume and appear to be fairly equal since the db levels even back in 2000 were in the high 120's (ESPN measured) for a playoff game in the cold and at night.

We didn't need a roof. As you said though, everyone thinks their own thing is the best of the bunch when they are actually equals.

xlolx But ursus, Montana may get cold, but it doesn't get cold. December games would be like sitting in the anti-hell in Fargo. Football at 10-20 below 0 would be too miserable to watch. xxmasx

gumby013
August 9th, 2013, 08:33 PM
xlolx But ursus, Montana may get cold, but it doesn't get cold. December games would be like sitting in the anti-hell in Fargo. Football at 10-20 below 0 would be too miserable to watch. xxmasx

A very few short years after this game, the dome was approved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOXkT107x2E

Southern Bison
August 9th, 2013, 08:55 PM

Don't ya hate it when Missoula is further south than Fargo? Missoula is 46°51′45″N while Fargo is 46°52′38″N...nearly a full minute north of Missoula!!

Bisonoline
August 9th, 2013, 09:05 PM

Problem is Fargo has gotten used to the dome. Cold? Snowy? Wind? Rain? no problem it only effects tailgate to a certain degree.. Go in to a nice climate controlled atmosphere for the game. Hey I am a big outdoor football fan. But I kind of like not freezing my azz off after already being outside for 5 1/2 hours.

As far as noise? Im there to watch a football game. I could care less whos stadium is the loudest. I will let others pound there pud over that one.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2013, 01:27 AM

I wear Carhartt and a sweatshirt when it gets there and I have been at games in those temps so I can confirm to you that it is absolutely NOT miserable. It is a little chilly though.

I have a couple of friends that wear shorts to every game no matter what the temp. I won't go that far but they do so you gotta give to a crazy old man even if he does wear tights with his shorts.

Now polsongriz and Alpha and a couple of others...they go with the shorts and that's it even in 10 below.

I can't remember which team it was for sure but I think it was SFA and it south of 20 below. It could have been Troy State cuz it was chilly for that game as well and the GSU game in 1995 was pretty chilly as well.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2013, 01:29 AM
Don't ya hate it when Missoula is further south than Fargo? Missoula is 46°51′45″N while Fargo is 46°52′38″N...nearly a full minute north of Missoula!!

I was talking about you in particular Charlotte. xlolx

Fargo and the boys raised there, yeah they know the cold every bit as much we do.

No_Skill
August 10th, 2013, 08:56 AM
I wear Carhartt and a sweatshirt when it gets there and I have been at games in those temps so I can confirm to you that it is absolutely NOT miserable. It is a little chilly though.

I have a couple of friends that wear shorts to every game no matter what the temp. I won't go that far but they do so you gotta give to a crazy old man even if he does wear tights with his shorts.

Now polsongriz and Alpha and a couple of others...they go with the shorts and that's it even in 10 below.

I can't remember which team it was for sure but I think it was SFA and it south of 20 below. It could have been Troy State cuz it was chilly for that game as well and the GSU game in 1995 was pretty chilly as well.

Sure you can dress for the cold, but would all of the current ticket holders WANT to? For every fan who would dress like Polsongriz and Alpha there are more who would just stay home. I have two small children with season tickets and if we were in an outdoor stadium I would have to think long and hard about what to do there. The wife freaks out when our 10 month old goes outside without sunscreen...what would happen if we needed to attend a cold snowy game?

I really think you eliminate a portion of your market when you have an outdoor stadium in our climate. Yes, Montana is cold. But cold in the mountains is different than cold on the prairie with straight line winds. Attendance would take a hit for sure. 30,000 seat outdoor stadium? Why? In 0 degree December I think you'd be lucky to crack 15,000 at the games.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 10th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Sure you can dress for the cold, but would all of the current ticket holders WANT to? For every fan who would dress like Polsongriz and Alpha there are more who would just stay home. I have two small children with season tickets and if we were in an outdoor stadium I would have to think long and hard about what to do there. The wife freaks out when our 10 month old goes outside without sunscreen...what would happen if we needed to attend a cold snowy game?

I really think you eliminate a portion of your market when you have an outdoor stadium in our climate. Yes, Montana is cold. But cold in the mountains is different than cold on the prairie with straight line winds. Attendance would take a hit for sure. 30,000 seat outdoor stadium? Why? In 0 degree December I think you'd be lucky to crack 15,000 at the games.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I see it.

Could be. All I'm saying it doesn't hold us back. It may cut out a certain percentage of those that go but since we fill it anyway I'd rather have those that are willing to do in spite of it being perfect for them anyway.

NDSU could be a different story but if I had my choice I wouldn't choose indoor over outdoor so I'm glad we got we have.

IBleedYellow
August 10th, 2013, 03:08 PM
I'm spoiled.

Team that kicks ass, stadium that kicks ass and I don't freeze in, and the ability to drink enough to stay warm tailgating.

Win. Win. Win.