PDA

View Full Version : Patriot League Preseason Poll

Pages : 1 [2]

RichH2
August 22nd, 2013, 12:55 PM
All true Fordham but LBs and D 2ndary solid and odds are you can outscore most. Not an abundance,if any,ground and pound teams in PL

van
August 22nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
My apologies for inserting 2013 PL football into the discussion,:) but I'm very worried about our DL overall. We lost a few to graduation, lost a few to leaving school and never got that AZ def end transfer. Afraid we could be very susceptible to teams with some big ol hogs up front.

That would be us and Gate, I hope.

van
August 22nd, 2013, 01:05 PM
All true Fordham but LBs and D 2ndary solid and odds are you can outscore most. Not an abundance,if any,ground and pound teams in PL

Think we could be that kind of team this year with our OL. FBs and 2 big tight ends. However that would be quite a change from our past.

RichH2
August 22nd, 2013, 02:15 PM
Andy loves smash mouth,Dave an Air Lehigh guy. Yup,we do have deep and lge OL.Can we pound? Last yr we could not. May have to try to protect D a bit this yr

DFW HOYA
August 22nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
An optimistic preview from the CBS Washington radio web site.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/08/22/georgetown-football-primed-for-patriot-league-title-run-in-2013/

Bogus Megapardus
August 22nd, 2013, 04:35 PM
An optimistic preview from the CBS Washington radio web site.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/08/22/georgetown-football-primed-for-patriot-league-title-run-in-2013/

Great article. It's good to see that kind of positive local press for Hoya football.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 22nd, 2013, 04:52 PM
Coincidentally, I released mine today too.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/08/know-your-2013-opponents-georgetown.html

Much to DFW's dismay, optimism is warranted.

Go...gate
August 22nd, 2013, 05:05 PM
Sounds like Georgetown has been keeping a secret down there. 23 true seniors is a good sign. They could be a hell of a club.

Engineer86
August 22nd, 2013, 06:32 PM
Seems likely DFW

I will believe it when we see it ... In Oct. 2015 xconfusedx

Pard4Life
August 22nd, 2013, 07:04 PM
My apologies for inserting 2013 PL football into the discussion,:) but I'm very worried about our DL overall. We lost a few to graduation, lost a few to leaving school and never got that AZ def end transfer. Afraid we could be very susceptible to teams with some big ol hogs up front.

Who fits that bill though? Lafayette has potential, but our OL always seems to underwhelm. We have expectations this year though. Colgate loses a bunch of guys... Lehigh I think has 3 guys back...

RichH2
August 22nd, 2013, 07:21 PM
23 srs is impressive. but keeping Kempf healthy key to season. Boy this is going to be fun. Every team has strengths am\nd holes

Fordham
August 22nd, 2013, 07:57 PM
Who fits that bill though? Lafayette has potential, but our OL always seems to underwhelm. We have expectations this year though. Colgate loses a bunch of guys... Lehigh I think has 3 guys back.... Not sure in the PL but Gate typically huge and pounding up front. Also believe that Nova and Temple and maybe other games can turn into long afternoons if we get pounded. At the end of the day a PL game is the same as any other game on our skid this year since we can't win the title/autobid.

We'll see.

DFW HOYA
August 22nd, 2013, 08:08 PM
Coincidentally, I released mine today too.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/08/know-your-2013-opponents-georgetown.html

Much to DFW's dismay, optimism is warranted.

No dismay intended, this is a good group of seniors. For better or worse, I'm always looking two or three years out and the talent level drops off after 2013 and really by 2015. Even the Patsy Ratings said as much.

Schedule wise, this is a 4 or 5 win team, a step ahead of Bucknell and comparable with Lafayette (albeit with a much tougher LC schedule). The short sumamry from my blog postings as of late:

QB: #1 and #2 positions solid, but perhaps too many in reserve (7 overall)
RB: Solid but no game changers. Not a rushing based offense.
WR: Big problem with Macari having transferred. #2 QB in 2012 slotted into WR position having not played WR since high school.
OL: Replacing three starters, still a smaller line than other PL schools.
Defense: Solid as usual but time of possession still a concern.

Last year's team convincingly beat one team (Davidson) caught last minute breaks against three (Wagner by 3, Princeton by 1, Lafayette by 3 pts and 7 LC turnovers), and got a flat -footed Bucknell team in DC.

On the other side of the ledger: two close but realistic losses (Yale, Fordham), one not as close as the score indicated (Lehigh) and three convincing losses (Brown, Colgate, Holy Cross). Swapping Yale for Marist could pick up one win, but Wagner and Princeton are much tougher outs than in 2012.

Hard to predict any upset at Lehigh (0-5 at Goodman, none within three TD's), Brown (0-3) or Holy Cross (1-5 at Fitton in PL era.). An uphill climb, scholarships notwithstanding.

colorless raider
August 22nd, 2013, 08:36 PM
23 srs is impressive. but keeping Kempf healthy key to season. Boy this is going to be fun. Every team has strengths am\nd holes

I read somewhere that your qb just got hurt and is out for awhile. true?

Pard4Life
August 22nd, 2013, 09:34 PM
I read somewhere that your qb just got hurt and is out for awhile. true?

Tough to know for sure... they speak in code i.e. initials.. I heard BB had a brief injury but should be ok to start... yes R2?

RichH2
August 22nd, 2013, 10:03 PM
Mild hammy pull. Should be OK but hammys tend to be tempermental.LU does have an extra week to get ready.Doubt he will play in this wks scrimmage. Andy said he is starter,if healthy

carney2
August 23rd, 2013, 08:50 AM
Mild hammy pull. Should be OK but hammys tend to be tempermental.LU does have an extra week to get ready.Doubt he will play in this wks scrimmage. Andy said he is starter,if healthy

Yet more Lehigh boo-boo talk. Will BB be ready for CCSU? The world wants to know. C'mon, Rich, you, me or Helen Keller could play QB in that one and it wouldn't make any difference.

RichH2
August 23rd, 2013, 09:41 AM
Yet more Lehigh boo-boo talk. Will BB be ready for CCSU? The world wants to know. C'mon, Rich, you, me or Helen Keller could play QB in that one and it wouldn't make any difference.

lol probably so. We haven't yet reached the Cross level of initialization. But like your ZZ at qb, BB, ,just too much of a pain in the a to type all those letters

Bogus Megapardus
August 23rd, 2013, 10:33 AM
lol probably so. We haven't yet reached the Cross level of initialization. But like your ZZ at qb, BB, ,just too much of a pain in the a to type all those letters

I'm outraged. "ZZ" is the actual, legal name of The Athlete Formerly Known as Zack Zweizig. We had it changed, you see:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1604/wga0.png

If you Lehigh people don't start behaving yourselves, we're going to send the Politically Correct Identity Affirmation Police after you. Why, the very nerve!

RichH2
August 23rd, 2013, 10:49 AM
xlolxxlolx

Very proactive of LC.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 23rd, 2013, 11:09 AM

Seeing carney's reaction to this makes me wonder what he thinks of the Philadelphia Eagles' coverage/QB battle... xlolx

Sader87
August 23rd, 2013, 11:42 AM

We cuda bin n the BE but FrB said no.

Bogus Megapardus
August 23rd, 2013, 12:28 PM
We cuda bin n the BE but FrB said no.

:)xbowxxrotatehx

carney2
August 23rd, 2013, 12:46 PM
Seeing carney's reaction to this makes me wonder what he thinks of the Philadelphia Eagles' coverage/QB battle... xlolx

You're talking about that Sunday football, aren't you? Well, it's...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Could it be that BB stands for Boo-Boo?

ngineer
August 23rd, 2013, 10:55 PM
You're talking about that Sunday football, aren't you? Well, it's...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Could it be that BB stands for Boo-Boo?

Just so it aint 'Honey'...

ngineer
August 23rd, 2013, 10:58 PM
I'm outraged. "ZZ" is the actual, legal name of The Athlete Formerly Known as Zack Zweizig. We had it changed, you see:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/1604/wga0.png

If you Lehigh people don't start behaving yourselves, we're going to send the Politically Correct Identity Affirmation Police after you. Why, the very nerve!

What happened to the long beard???

RichH2
August 23rd, 2013, 11:11 PM
and the guitar. nice catch lol

Bogus Megapardus
August 24th, 2013, 04:08 AM
What happened to the long beard???

and the guitar.

I was waiting for him to torch Lehigh so I could lead with the headline, "ZZ on Top."

xcoolx <<< cheap sunglasses

van
August 24th, 2013, 07:17 AM
I was waiting for him to torch Lehigh so I could lead with the headline, "ZZ on Top."

xcoolx <<< cheap sunglasses

Guess we are never gonna see the long beard then.

Go Lehigh TU Owl
August 24th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Video from Lehigh's second scrimmage....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkpGRWKgsY8&feature=player_embedded

Go Green
August 27th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Washington Post story on Georgetown Football.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/georgetown-football-preview-dustin-wharton-gives-hoyas-defense-a-lift/2013/08/26/1f6a8ace-0e57-11e3-a2b3-5e107edf9897_story.html