PDA

View Full Version : Official 2013 Chattanooga, Who is laughing now? Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Mountaineer
August 30th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Nothing to add, just wanted to be post #1000.

:o

Apphole
August 30th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Is it guaranteed that a SoCon team still gets an auto bid if the top 2 teams are ineligible? Is there any possibility that no SoCon team is in the playoffs this season?

What if Chatty loses to UTM (last night), App, GSU, GA State, Austin Peay, Alabama, and Wofford. That would leave wins over The Citadel, WCU, Elon, Samford, Furman. So a 4 win season... but they still have a 5-4 record in the conference and a 5-7 record over all, but it's still possible (although highly unlikely) they are the 3rd place team behind GSU and App and defacto SoCon champ. Would they let a 5-7 team in the playoffs?

The real question is does the SoCon deserve to have an auto bid when the top two programs are ineligible and one of the three eligible front runners just got molly-whopped by UTM?

It should be a two-bid league at the very best at this point.

chattownmocs
August 30th, 2013, 12:03 PM
No you won't. If you get blown out by UT freakin' Martin, you're going to struggle to win a single SoCon game.

Your season is ****ed.

You are an idiot. There will come a point in the season when this team is very good.

Apphole
August 30th, 2013, 12:08 PM
You are an idiot. There will come a point in the season when this team is very good.

You started a thread called "whose laughing now," declaring yet again that you're the best team in the SoCon and that all other programs should tremble. You lost the first game to UTM.

You sir, are the idiot. Everyone who ever visits this website flocked back to this thread to laugh at you. Not your team, but YOU.

I'll take a sweet onion chicken teriyaki on Italian herbs and cheese, idiot.

pike51
August 30th, 2013, 12:10 PM
pike.....what do you not understand about the word AUTOMATIC?

I get that part... it's just difficult to fathom a team with a losing record receiving an auto-bid. It's possible that could happen (however unlikely). We all know how the NCAA works, they could change the rules just so this doesn't happen and leave an auto-bid team out in the cold just to save face.

pike51
August 30th, 2013, 12:11 PM

I bet they were good in the showers after the game. :)

uofmman1122
August 30th, 2013, 12:16 PM
HHHHoooooooooooooooo man.

xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx

Rekdiver
August 30th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I havent visited this site since we announced plans to go FBS...but I HAD to come see what was being said. The Cubs will win the world series before UTC wins a SoCon Championship.........How sad for their fans.

cmaxwellgsu
August 30th, 2013, 01:05 PM
I get that part... it's just difficult to fathom a team with a losing record receiving an auto-bid. It's possible that could happen (however unlikely). We all know how the NCAA works, they could change the rules just so this doesn't happen and leave an auto-bid team out in the cold just to save face.

Coastal Carolina got the Big South auto bid a couple of years ago with a 6-5 record. I'm sure they will give the bid, as they have given it in March Madness to teams with losing records. I don't think they'll mess with the auto bid.

GATA_OneMoreTime
August 30th, 2013, 01:06 PM
I just love how App State fans and Georgia Southern fans can come together to make a mockery out of this idiot.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2013, 01:44 PM
The real question is does the SoCon deserve to have an auto bid when the top two programs are ineligible and one of the three eligible front runners just got molly-whopped by UTM?

Hang on. There are still plenty of good teams in the SoCon regardless of what App and GSU are doing with their time. UTC is a "front runner" because people say they should be good. App should be good too, but they haven't played a game yet.

Bisonator
August 30th, 2013, 02:11 PM
OK, someone needs to do one of those hitler raging videos about Chatty's loss. I can't get mine to work. :D

texcap
August 30th, 2013, 02:25 PM
I don'y know about counting UTC out just yet. They do have some great players, but they have no team. If they can find a way to play together with a little heart, they'll be a repeat of last season: dangerous, able to beat anyone, but not enough to win the title or make the playoffs.

Seems like they lost to another OVC team early last season at home (albeit a better OVC team).

I agree. What I am about to write makes me feel a little like Charlie Brown trying to kick the ball every year with Lucy holding, but here goes:

It is possible that this loss may provided a catalyst to pull this team, which does have talent, together and make them stronger. At this point, after so many years of this, I'm not willing to bet it will, but I would not be surprised to see them recover and go 8-3 or 7-4. I would never look past them unless maybe you play your home games in Tuscaloosa.

walliver
August 30th, 2013, 03:25 PM
At least the Mocs have a breather against the SunBelt's finest next week.

citdog
August 30th, 2013, 03:32 PM
OK, someone needs to do one of those hitler raging videos about Chatty's loss. I can't get mine to work. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOlF1eYS9Bo

Skyhawk71
August 30th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I don'y know about counting UTC out just yet. They do have some great players, but they have no team. If they can find a way to play together with a little heart, they'll be a repeat of last season: dangerous, able to beat anyone, but not enough to win the title or make the playoffs.

Seems like they lost to another OVC team early last season at home (albeit a better OVC team).

Cid 1990 just a friendly reminder, they lost to Jacksonville State, and I would hardly say that they where a better team in the fact that UTM defeated them by 1, so I will give you even. The UTM defense is far better than last year, although the offense might struggle..........

Apphole
August 30th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Hang on. There are still plenty of good teams in the SoCon regardless of what App and GSU are doing with their time. UTC is a "front runner" because people say they should be good. App should be good too, but they haven't played a game yet.

Aside from recent history of App/GaSo success, what is your argument that the SoCon would deserve more than one bid? More than two bids?

Nooga losing to UTM hurts everyone's SOS. If Nooga does make it out of conference play with 5-6 wins, it does not look good for the conference. Like it or not, the only reason the SoCon has gotten three teams in the last few years is App, Southern and Wofford. With App and GaSo inegible and Wofford rebuilding, does anyone get 7-8 wins?

Bisonator
August 30th, 2013, 05:40 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOlF1eYS9Bo

Nice try but keep working on it! xlolx

wapiti
August 30th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Try not to be too hard on Chattownmocs. He is good at getting a "dicussion" going on AGS.

Does AGS have a best TROLLER award? If so, I nominate Chattownmocs.

You started a thread called "whose laughing now," declaring yet again that you're the best team in the SoCon and that all other programs should tremble. You lost the first game to UTM.

You sir, are the idiot. Everyone who ever visits this website flocked back to this thread to laugh at you. Not your team, but YOU.

I'll take a sweet onion chicken teriyaki on Italian herbs and cheese, idiot.

Bisonator
August 30th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Try not to be too hard on Chattownmocs. He is good at getting a "dicussion" going on AGS.

He's no match for Mpls. xlolx

smallcollegefbfan
August 30th, 2013, 08:13 PM
Chattanooga played a bad game. UT Martin looked pretty legit. Unless the team completely quits we will still be in the thick of things and beat some good teams.

If you display the same talent and coaching from Thursday you won't beat anyone good. You need a lot of improvement. I'm sure UTC will still have a winning season but I said 7 wins and I'm sticking with it. I expected UTM to be one of those so now you have to upset someone or else I think you are in risk of not winning 7-8.

By the way, your favorite player Demetrius McCray made the 53 man roster in Jacksonville.

smallcollegefbfan
August 30th, 2013, 08:15 PM
No you won't. If you get blown out by UT freakin' Martin, you're going to struggle to win a single SoCon game.

Your season is ****ed.

I do think UTM would beat 3 SoCon teams so I would not say they won't win a game but not beating UTM certainly means they have a huge mountain to climb to possibly beat Wofford, Citadel, App, Samford, and GSU.

smallcollegefbfan
August 30th, 2013, 08:17 PM

I don't think more than 2 teams get in unless there is a 3-way tie at the top anyway.

PaladinFan
August 30th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Aside from recent history of App/GaSo success, what is your argument that the SoCon would deserve more than one bid? More than two bids?

Nooga losing to UTM hurts everyone's SOS. If Nooga does make it out of conference play with 5-6 wins, it does not look good for the conference. Like it or not, the only reason the SoCon has gotten three teams in the last few years is App, Southern and Wofford. With App and GaSo inegible and Wofford rebuilding, does anyone get 7-8 wins?

I can't make an argument one way or the other. Every team but Chattanooga is 0-0. UTC could go 0-11, and Furman and Wofford go 11-0 and 10-1, and I think you'd say there needs to be two bids, wouldn't you?

You're posing your assumption on what you think might happen. The SoCon would get two and three bids back when there were only three good teams in the conference and the field was smaller. I don't see how this is any different.

walliver
August 30th, 2013, 11:28 PM
I don't think more than 2 teams get in unless there is a 3-way tie at the top anyway.

3 bids is reasonable. This year, there will be 24 teams selected, and 3 top ten teams are excluded, so there will be a lot of marginal teams invited.

That said, a potential 3d team would probably need to beat at least one of ASU or GSU to get an invitation. Don't forget that last year Citadel was playoff eligible with 7 D-1 wins - in a 24 team playoff excluding ASU, GSU and ODU, they would have been in the playoffs.

Reign of Terrier
August 30th, 2013, 11:34 PM
3 bids is reasonable. This year, there will be 24 teams selected, and 3 top ten teams are excluded, so there will be a lot of marginal teams invited.

That said, a potential 3d team would probably need to beat at least one of ASU or GSU to get an invitation. Don't forget that last year Citadel was playoff eligible with 7 D-1 wins - in a 24 team playoff excluding ASU, GSU and ODU, they would have been in the playoffs.

That may or may not be true, in that last year was an abnormially convoluted year and 24 may not have fixed it (there were a lot of 8-3 teams sitting at home).

I think in the Socon, due to its strength, if one can reach 8 wins, they will likely make the playoffs. This means that UTC would have the "easiest" time barring they didn't **** it up.....oh wait.

Wofford plays PC and GWU this year; we don't play an NAIA and we really should beat those two. Wofford could finish 7-4 and I would put them in the playoffs, even if I weren't a homer.

Reign of Terrier
August 30th, 2013, 11:41 PM

Wofford could easily get 7 (D1) wins this year I think. Our schedule shakes up the right way, and I just think when a playoff spot is on the line we play our best and are better than Furman, UTC, Elon, Western, and Chattanooga.

I think we definitely win at least 6 games this year. We could surprise people and win a lot more, but 7 is definitely likely and 8 is definitely do-able (seeing as we average as much in the last 10 years, take out 2009 and we average roughly 9)

We play PC and GWU this year which really helps us in terms of getting to 7 D1 wins. I don't see us losing to both the citadel and UTC (those teams scare me the most outside of Baylor/App/GSU)

fmrbearkat
August 31st, 2013, 12:03 AM
We got our asses beat by a clearly superior team. Offense is the same, defense played with no heart. UT Martin looked good. We suck. How we can be this bad defensively is unfathomable. We could go 8-3 or 3-8.

This IS NOT Chattown!!! No question in my mind!!! He would have found a way to claim it as a moral victory (screw what the scoreboard says)!!! the mocs would have held Kstate to negative yards and the renamed Peyton award now "huesman" trophy would have already been decided after 1 game!! Brock Jensen looked like a lingerie quarterback against Kstate compared to what the 'mocs "huesman" winner and Chatanooga Times Press All American defense would have held them to negative yards!!!

One of these days if you ever want to not be laughed at you have to wake up and stop your crazy homer statements!! Or maybe your mom needs to limit your computer time after 2 peach schnapps!!

Southern Bison
August 31st, 2013, 12:21 AM

We tried...UAH said Nein, Nyet, 没有, and for Citdog, קיין (Yiddish)

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?136945-AGS-TOY-Award

seantaylor
August 31st, 2013, 02:01 AM
There is no way in hell the Socon gets 3 bids. 2 is iffy.

dudeitsaid
August 31st, 2013, 02:05 AM
When's the last time an FCS National Champ was undefeated? Didn't have an FCS loss? And how many have their actually been? I'm sure you will see there have been very few overall. And some of those losses were to head-scrachers. So, therefore, Chatty's chances of winning the whole thing are still very, very good! :D

blueballs
August 31st, 2013, 06:38 AM
1989 Georgia Southern 15-0-0 and 1996 Marshall (which later went on probation) 15-0-0

seantaylor
September 1st, 2013, 02:37 AM
Let me revise my post. There is no way in hell the Socon gets 2 bids. Awful conference. Glad we are gone from this chicken ***** outfit.

gasoutherneagle
September 1st, 2013, 06:32 AM
Don't worry, Chattown. You've got a powder-puff game against Georgia State to rebound on.

pike51
September 3rd, 2013, 07:16 AM
Just bringing this back to the front... we wouldn't want this thread to get lost because Chattown promised to keep us up to date on the latest news about the greatest team in the history of sports!

Laker
September 3rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
Just bringing this back to the front... we wouldn't want this thread to get lost because Chattown promised to keep us up to date on the latest news about the greatest team in the history of sports!

Never let the dream die! :D

erk
September 3rd, 2013, 07:56 AM
If Chatty plays Georgia State like they did UT Martin they will lose to State. Much as i Hate to admit it Georgia State isn't anywhere near as bad as they were last season, they can move the ball and score. They are a middle of the pack FCS team and a lower FBS team. Samford is better than Chatty this year from what i have watched.

Smitty
September 3rd, 2013, 08:05 AM
Let me revise my post. There is no way in hell the Socon gets 2 bids. Awful conference. Glad we are gone from this chicken ***** outfit.
http://cdn.arwrath.com/1/109309.gif

Post like this almost make me want to cheer for UTC...

pike51
September 3rd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Perhaps this is the first known picture of Chattown on the internet?

http://i.imgur.com/YMrPy.gif%22

pike51
September 4th, 2013, 06:15 AM
How did this get to the 3rd page? Chatty has GA State this week... should be a competitive game.

TwoFeathers
September 4th, 2013, 06:58 AM
You have never, ever, even come close, to making a legitimate counter-argument. You are ALWAYS incorrect on your facts, and make false assumptions. Just because someone started last year, or 2 years ago, doesn't mean they will start this year. And even if we didn't have starts among our backups, 13 of 22 starters with over a full year of starting experience would Still be a lot.

Gotta love CTM... Go Mocs!

knucklehead
September 4th, 2013, 07:59 AM
This thread is pretty darn funny, but I still say 1 game is not enough evidence to make a final judgement one way or the other about most teams. Notice I said MOST. There are a few you can judge based on them being sooo much better or soo much worse than the rest. We know NDSU and EMU (and others) are for real. I just can't really judge Chatty just yet because I didn't see the game, but they better show something soon.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 4th, 2013, 08:04 AM
This thread is pretty darn funny, but I still say 1 game is not enough evidence to make a final judgement one way or the other about most teams. Notice I said MOST. There are a few you can judge based on them being sooo much better or soo much worse than the rest. We know NDSU and EMU (and others) are for real. I just can't really judge Chatty just yet because I didn't see the game, but they better show something soon.

Chatty is a joke, only eclipsed by chattown as a bigger joke.

Lets take a trip down memory lane with his prediction for the UTM game......

UT Martin
http://www.nooga.com/162137/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-ut-martin/

Chattowns prediction: Mocs roll. 31-10

The best part is he has one of these for every game.

SpeedkingATL
September 4th, 2013, 08:35 AM
UTC better look out because the GaSt professor that lives across the street from me says they are pulling out all the stops to pack the Dome for UTC. There will be hundreds of loud, crazy panther fans cheering GaSt forward.

knucklehead
September 4th, 2013, 08:43 AM
UTC better look out because the GaSt professor that lives across the street from me says they are pulling out all the stops to pack the Dome for UTC. There will be hundreds of loud, crazy panther fans cheering GaSt forward.

Hundreds.....xlolx

walliver
September 4th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Hundreds.....xlolx

That's an improvement from dozens.

knucklehead
September 4th, 2013, 08:58 AM
That's an improvement from dozens.

Aren't there any local HS stadiums nearby they could use?

ElCid
September 4th, 2013, 09:26 AM

Did anyone else who watched the game notice that the TV people never showed shots of the crowd (or lack thereof) and that they seemed to go to great lengths not to? I was specifically looking for crowd shots and they only showed edge shots of the seating. Looked pretty thin.

blueballs
September 4th, 2013, 09:41 AM
The only way GaST will pack the dome is if they give away free food stamps and MD 20/20 to all the bums in downtown Atlanta... then it would be SRO.

GaST vs. Chatty should be renamed the "Who gives a s--t about either team Bowl."

Bisonator
September 4th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Another idiot, who has no clue what he is talking about.xlolx

pike51
September 5th, 2013, 06:33 AM
If Chattown isn't going to do his job and keep us up to date on all the latest UTC news, I guess it's our job to do it.

Grades: Chattanooga vs UT-Martin: http://www.nooga.com/163262/grades-chattanooga-vs-ut-martin/

Coaching: D
The debuts of offensive coordinator Jeff Durden and defensive coordinator Adam Braithwaite didn’t go as smoothly as planned. Russ Huesman admitted the Mocs were out-coached in nearly every aspect of the game, and he was not at all pleased with the team’s halftime adjustments — or lack of.

Mocs Tackling Must Improve Against Georgia State: http://www.nooga.com/163280/mocs-tackling-must-improve-against-georgia-state/

The number that stood out most from UTC’s season opener, though, was 36. That’s how many tackles the Mocs missed in their demoralizing defeat to the Skyhawks.

pike51
September 5th, 2013, 06:37 AM
I really don't think UTC will beat Samford at Samford this year

Your coach better come up with something new offensively if he wants to move the ball. What you have been doing doesn't cut it against our defense.

Just wanted to bring this exchange back from page 3. Me thinks it's going to be a long season...

rokamortis
September 5th, 2013, 07:56 AM
If Chattown isn't going to do his job and keep us up to date on all the latest UTC news, I guess it's our job to do it.

Grades: Chattanooga vs UT-Martin: http://www.nooga.com/163262/grades-chattanooga-vs-ut-martin/

Coaching: D
The debuts of offensive coordinator Jeff Durden and defensive coordinator Adam Braithwaite didn’t go as smoothly as planned. Russ Huesman admitted the Mocs were out-coached in nearly every aspect of the game, and he was not at all pleased with the team’s halftime adjustments — or lack of.

Mocs Tackling Must Improve Against Georgia State: http://www.nooga.com/163280/mocs-tackling-must-improve-against-georgia-state/

The number that stood out most from UTC’s season opener, though, was 36. That’s how many tackles the Mocs missed in their demoralizing defeat to the Skyhawks.

So to answer the question posed in another thread: Can the Huesman/Durden combo be outschemed? The answer is yes, by the Huesman/Durden combo.

dgtw
September 5th, 2013, 12:12 PM
The only way GaST will pack the dome is if they give away free food stamps and MD 20/20 to all the bums in downtown Atlanta... then it would be SRO.

GaST vs. Chatty should be renamed the "Who gives a s--t about either team Bowl."

They dropped money from the ceiling last year and still nobody showed up.

With three playoff teams out this year and four extra spots (minus one for the PFL's new autobid) that gives us six playoff spots that did not exist last year. I think its too early to speculate as to how many at large picks any major conference will get.

pike51
September 6th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Damnit! I've been through this thread twice and I can't find Chattown's prediction on the game. Can anyone help? We will need to reference these each week.

Personally, I'm torn on this one. On one hand, I'd like to see GA State go 0-2 with losses to 2 SoCon teams in a row. On the other hand, I want Chatty to continue to fail just to keep Chattown's misery going another week longer. Either way... we all win this week!

DJKyR0
September 6th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Chattown, pls respond

ElCid
September 6th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Damnit! I've been through this thread twice and I can't find Chattown's prediction on the game. Can anyone help? We will need to reference these each week.

Personally, I'm torn on this one. On one hand, I'd like to see GA State go 0-2 with losses to 2 SoCon teams in a row. On the other hand, I want Chatty to continue to fail just to keep Chattown's misery going another week longer. Either way... we all win this week!

Wrong thread. Go here for it.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?133506-Chattanooga-Mocs-opponent-look-ahead-series

Southern Bison
September 6th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Chattown, pls respond

http://youtu.be/K8E_zMLCRNg

NoDak 4 Ever
September 6th, 2013, 12:04 PM
He's a very subpar QB. Those numbers are nothing special. You are comparing him to Huesman like that is some great accomplishment. Huesman was a freshman. I think he is pretty good but last year was nothing great numbers wise.

I'm going to resurrect this quote about Brock Jensen.

That subpar QB excelled against a Big XII team last week.

pike51
September 6th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Wrong thread. Go here for it.
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?133506-Chattanooga-Mocs-opponent-look-ahead-series

Ah... and now I know!

Ga State

http://nooga.com/162175/mocs-2013-opponent-look-ahead-georgia-state/

Georgia State should be much improved but the Mocs shouldn't have much trouble. 35-17 Chattanooga.

bjtheflamesfan
September 6th, 2013, 12:25 PM
If UTC loses to GSU close, they might make it above .500. If they get routed by GSU they may not win another game this season...

Vitojr130
September 6th, 2013, 12:36 PM
If UTC loses to GSU close, they might make it above .500. If they get routed by GSU they may not win another game this season...

I might just piss myself laughing if this happens.

blueballs
September 6th, 2013, 02:05 PM

Indeed... the only numbers that matter about Jensen can be found in the left side of the won/loss ledger.

chattownmocs
September 7th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Hey Trent Miles, you sure you cannot wait for this game? Did you get that bad taste of losing out of your mouth? That tape was a little deceiving wasn't it?

NoDak 4 Ever
September 7th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Hey Trent Miles, you sure you cannot wait for this game? Did you get that bad taste of losing out of your mouth? That tape was a little deceiving wasn't it?

Congrats. One of the 6 times you'll be able to **** talk this season. Enjoy!

chattownmocs
September 7th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Congrats. One of the 6 times you'll be able to **** talk this season. Enjoy!

Aren't you guys the ones who act like you did some great thing after you beat one of the worst teams in FBS every year? I'm not very excited honestly.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 7th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Aren't you guys the ones who act like you did some great thing after you beat one of the worst teams in FBS every year? I'm not very excited honestly.

No we act like winning 29 out of 31 games and 2 championships is great. Not winning 6 games.

chattownmocs
September 7th, 2013, 03:25 PM
No we act like winning 29 out of 31 games and 2 championships is great. Not winning 6 games.

Yeah, were only gonna win 6 games!! Great prediction!

Tubakat2014
September 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM

And yet here you are, beating your chest over a win at Georgia State. I'm not very excited honestly.

chattownmocs
September 7th, 2013, 03:42 PM
And yet here you are, beating your chest over a win at Georgia State. I'm not very excited honestly.

Are you literate?

Tubakat2014
September 7th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Are you literate?

Yes. Your concern is appreciated, of course.

chattanoogamocs
September 7th, 2013, 06:00 PM

I am not one to defend chattown, but I will defend my alma mater.

When Samford beat GaSt last week 31-21, people were patting on them on the back and saying nice job beating an FBS school.

UTC whipped their asses going 42-0 until they called the dogs off and people say, it is nothing special.

Beating a team with more than 63 scholarships anytime is a nice thing...though no, most Mocfans aren't beating their chests over it...after all, they were a 10+ point favorite going into the game.

Tubakat2014
September 7th, 2013, 06:18 PM
I am not one to defend chattown, but I will defend my alma mater.

When Samford beat GaSt last week 31-21, people were patting on them on the back and saying nice job beating an FBS school.

UTC whipped their asses going 42-0 until they called the dogs off and people say, it is nothing special.

Beating a team with more than 63 scholarships anytime is a nice thing...though no, most Mocfans aren't beating their chests over it...after all, they were a 10+ point favorite going into the game.

I apologize if the intention of my post wasn't clear- I was pointing out the hypocrisy in him chastising Bison fans for doing exactly what he was doing. UTC's win today was spectacular, and I am not trying to take away from that.

DJKyR0
September 7th, 2013, 08:00 PM
Like clockwork.

bjtheflamesfan
September 8th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Congrats on the win...that said, do us all a favor and win a meaningful game (you have like 4 of them on the horizon) and then maybe you can crow from the rooftops

pike51
September 9th, 2013, 06:39 AM

Congrats! You just beat the worst team in all of college football.

smallcollegefbfan
September 9th, 2013, 07:47 AM

I know what he meant but yes a QB who beats BCS teams like he did is not just subpar but pretty good. He's become one of the best QBs in FCS. I don't see him making a NFL roster but he should at least get in a camp if he keeps it up and has a good pro day.

smallcollegefbfan
September 9th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Yeah, were only gonna win 6 games!! Great prediction!

You haven't done anything yet to show you will win more than 6 games this year. If you beat Georgia Southern then I will definitely say you have a good shot at it. You would still have to prove you won't choke like always but definitely a step in the right direction. GA State is not a quality win at this point but you did win convincingly. I said 6 wins worst case and possibly 8 wins if things go well for you but if undefeated after this month I think you should finish closer to 8 than 6.

chattownmocs
September 9th, 2013, 08:48 AM
http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=17700&ATCLID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=17700

Laughable, Georgia State is all the sudden the worst team ever now? Last week they pushed Samford all over the football field and Samford was congratulated on their great FBS win.

The bottom line, is that if Chattanooga plays like this they won't lose outside of Bama. They wont ply like this 10 more times unfortunately. Great win!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 9th, 2013, 08:54 AM
http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=17700&ATCLID=&SPSID=&SPID=&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=17700

Laughable, Georgia State is all the sudden the worst team ever now? Last week they pushed Samford all over the football field and Samford was congratulated on their great FBS win.

The bottom line, is that if Chattanooga plays like this they won't lose outside of Bama. They wont ply like this 10 more times unfortunately. Great win!

Congratuations. It took you 3 years and 2800 posts to make the most absurd statement of all time.

It's all downhill from here.

bjtheflamesfan
September 9th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Worst team ever...that's up for debate...worst team in FBS...most likely. I think even perennial FBS whipping boy Eastern Michigan probably could beat GSU at this point. now you have your first "game that matters" coming up in a couple weeks (we are assuming you'll beat Austin Peay). if your beloved Mocs can step up and win that game, then you'll have something to thump your chest over (although you'd gain a lot more respect if you were classier about it)

pike51
September 9th, 2013, 09:10 AM

When did Statesboro start paying Alabama taxes?

GA State is the worst team in college football right now... I have a feeling they'd lose to several Georgia high schools right now. Those kids quit, plain and simple.

Bisonator
September 9th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Bump....your rants belong here chattown, focus man, focus! xlolx

Southern Bison
September 12th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Amber Alert time already?

Bisonoline
September 12th, 2013, 09:58 PM
Some one throw me a flux capacitor. When did Georgia State ever have a good team???????????????????

dgtw
September 12th, 2013, 10:00 PM
As a Jax State fan, I'm more worried about our game against DII UNA this week than I am the Georgia State game next week.

Skyhawk71
September 13th, 2013, 12:08 AM
Who is laughing? Every redneck in rural northwest Tennessee, even after the 63-14 debacle at Boise- this much I know- I will be laughing till its over......on a serious note- we are on the verge of the SOCON entering the "middle tier" that should scare you- for all of you SOCONERS "Welcome to the NEW AGE"- Good Bye to App State and Georgia Southern, I always wanted to go to both in an OOC game- now it will be a "money" game- seriously best wishes.....again we should be top 25 period- just based on our win over UTC.........drinking again and not really giving a rats ass.....btw- Go Samford- one of my favorite road trips back in their OVC days........

Skyhawk71
September 13th, 2013, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=dgtw;2004998]As a Jax State fan, I'm more worried about our game against DII UNA this week than I am the Georgia State game next week.[/QU

Should be a good game, just wish we could do another realignment in the OVC and bring in UNA, perfect fit......and personally I still have problems with Pioneer Morehead State playing in all other sports, and playing football games on the digital network.........

Squealofthepig
September 13th, 2013, 01:16 AM
Some one throw me a flux capacitor. When did Georgia State ever have a good team???????????????????

Well, if you look through their incredible collection of, umm, ten wins, you'll see that... they, uh, beat Shorter AND Savannah State by 34 points back in 2010, and Rhode Island ALSO by 34 points last year.

For further tongue-in-cheek reading on fake GSU, please see this reddit thread (http://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comments/1m90iq/georgia_state_football_is_new_and_awful_the_team/), best summarized topline: "Georgia State is a puppy with mange."

dgtw
September 13th, 2013, 06:28 AM
[QUOTE=dgtw;2004998]As a Jax State fan, I'm more worried about our game against DII UNA this week than I am the Georgia State game next week.[/QU

Should be a good game, just wish we could do another realignment in the OVC and bring in UNA, perfect fit......and personally I still have problems with Pioneer Morehead State playing in all other sports, and playing football games on the digital network.........

If I'm czar of the OVC for a day, I tell Morehead to start ponying up for scholarships or get out of the league. Then I kick out the non football schools they brought in and tell Tennessee State to play a full schedule every year or go join the SWAC.

I don't know why they rejected UNA for membership.

bjtheflamesfan
September 13th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Who else would you replace them with besides UNA?

TTUEagles
September 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM
The OVC wants to be a basketball league, thus Belmont and SIU-E coming in... Murray St. people drive a lot of that - they assume that everyone BUT the KY schools voted out NKU and had some sort of chip on their shoulder about it. A lot of that I learned from the old ovcfans.com board that is now defunct.
I heard this 3rd hand, but now the feeling around UNA is to now drop down in athletics instead of move up. I just HEARD that, though...no clue how true
Why is this on a UTC board???

dgtw
September 13th, 2013, 11:12 AM
If they get rid of the non football schools and bring in UNA, they'd have ten full time members, which is plenty.

I haven't heard about UNA dropping down, I doubt they'd go to DIII, really doesn't make sense.

Laker
September 13th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I heard this 3rd hand, but now the feeling around UNA is to now drop down in athletics instead of move up. I just HEARD that, though...no clue how true
Why is this on a UTC board???

I'm on the D2 board every day and I haven't heard even ONE thing about them moving down. The last thing that I read was about West Florida adding football and UNA fans talking about UWF and them both going D1.

And for the bolded question- why not, there has been all sorts of fantasy on this thread from the very start. I'm surprised that there aren't unicorn pictures all over it. xsmiley_wix

bjtheflamesfan
September 13th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I'm on the D2 board every day and I haven't heard even ONE thing about them moving down. The last thing that I read was about West Florida adding football and UNA fans talking about UWF and them both going D1.

And for the bolded question- why not, there has been all sorts of fantasy on this thread from the very start. I'm surprised that there aren't unicorn pictures all over it. xsmiley_wix

http://cdn.vectorstock.com/i/composite/94,56/cartoon-baby-unicorn-vector-249456.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive!

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Chattanooga 7 Austin Peay 0 1st.

Marquis Green 9 yard TD run.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Chattanooga 14 Austin Peay 0 1st.

Keon Williams 9 yard TD run.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 05:37 PM
Chattanooga 14 Austin Peay 7 1st.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Chattanooga 21 Austin Peay 7 2nd.

Huesman to Robinson 13 yd TD.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM
28-7 2nd.

Keon Williams 1 yd TD run.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 06:23 PM
35-7 2nd. Gunner Miller 20 yard pick 6.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 06:29 PM
35-7 Half

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 06:57 PM
42-7 3rd.

Keon Williams 25 yard TD run.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 07:14 PM
42-10 3rd

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 07:49 PM
42-10 Final

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 10:20 PM
So who is laughing now? Even after the terrible loss to UT Martin anyone with a brain knew we would win 2 in a row, but the level of dominance is off the chart right now.

bobcathpdevil56
September 14th, 2013, 10:24 PM
Chattown you are one of a kind my friend. Love it

BisonBacker
September 14th, 2013, 10:24 PM
You really want to tout this win over Austin Peay as if it's a signature win? To answer the question of who's laughing now we all are still laughing xlolx

citdog
September 14th, 2013, 10:25 PM
So who is laughing now? Even after the terrible loss to UT Martin anyone with a brain knew we would win 2 in a row, but the level of dominance is off the chart right now.

UT-Martin loss not looking so bad. They beat Cent Arkansas today. UT-Martin is a better team than Chatt is. They will get the nod over the Mocs in my poll.

BisonFan02
September 14th, 2013, 10:26 PM
UT-Martin loss not looking so bad. They beat Cent Arkansas today. UT-Martin is a better team than Chatt is. They will get the nod over the Mocs in my poll.

Ditto...check poll thread. :D

GoBlueHens83
September 14th, 2013, 10:32 PM
After this win I'm convinced, Chatty #1. With this level of dominance how could anyone not vote them #1?

xrolleyesx

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 10:39 PM
Highly debatable. Chattanooga had a lot of injuries and suspensions. Frankly got out coached and were not prepared to play. That being said, based on resumes, UT Martin is obviously a top 10 team. Having watched the Mocs the last few weeks though, there aren't but a handful of teams who could play at the level we have played at.

Squealofthepig
September 14th, 2013, 10:41 PM
If any team that can beat Chattanooga is a top ten team, we're gonna have a hundred teams in the top 10.

bobcathpdevil56
September 14th, 2013, 10:45 PM
If any team that can beat Chattanooga is a top ten team, we're gonna have a hundred teams in the top 10.

Gosh dang Squeal, you are on fire. What ever you are drinking to ease this saturday night, keep it up

bjtheflamesfan
September 14th, 2013, 10:47 PM
So who is laughing now? Even after the terrible loss to UT Martin anyone with a brain knew we would win 2 in a row, but the level of dominance is off the chart right now.I'm still laughing actually...CONGRATS on the wins, but you have by no means arrived...you get the first of your meaningful games next weekend...win that one and you can begin to (BEGIN to mind you) crow about something. lose and you're still the stepchild of the bunch.

chattownmocs
September 14th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Wrong again bjtheflamer. We don't play next weekend.

bjtheflamesfan
September 14th, 2013, 11:27 PM
You know chattown, namecalling and some of your other mannerisms is not a sign of a healthy psychological makeup. while you are correct in stating that UTC does not play next week, you stripped any moral credibility you had with the use of the euphemism based on my username

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2013, 09:21 AM
http://www.gomocs.com/mediaPortal/player.dbml?&db_oem_id=17700&ATCLID=&SPSID=88679&SPID=10577&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=17700

Highlights. Great job Mocs.

bjtheflamesfan
September 15th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Enjoy the win, but you get a chance for a "signature win" in a couple weeks against GaSou. I have said this throughout the course of this thread. but the Mocs have had trouble winning the "games that matter" which to me are the "holy trinity" of the SoCon (Wofford, GaSou and App State) plus Samford and The Citadel (who is off to a rough start this year and gets App State this weekend). If they can beat the Eagles, they certainly will be back in the discussion for a top 25 ranking and certainly also in the discussion for the SoCon title, but not before at this point.

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Enjoy the win, but you get a chance for a "signature win" in a couple weeks against GaSou. I have said this throughout the course of this thread. but the Mocs have had trouble winning the "games that matter" which to me are the "holy trinity" of the SoCon (Wofford, GaSou and App State) plus Samford and The Citadel (who is off to a rough start this year and gets App State this weekend). If they can beat the Eagles, they certainly will be back in the discussion for a top 25 ranking and certainly also in the discussion for the SoCon title, but not before at this point.

Wow, are you capable of making one post without incorrect content? They have not had trouble beating Samford and the Citadel. None. No trouble at all. Is this where your uneducated opinion comes from? This false belief that Chattanooga has been behind Samford and the Citadel in the Socon pecking order?

NoDak 4 Ever
September 15th, 2013, 11:21 AM
At this point, I'm totally rooting for chatty to get to the playoffs. Since the SoCon appears down this year, they may have a chance to get murdered by the first non-con playoff opponent they meet.

I know I want a lot of teams in the playoffs but to see chatty come to the Fargodome and get curb stomped might be my dream come true.

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2013, 11:31 AM
The thing that really has this team on the verge of greatness is the emergence of running back Keon Williams. This is what this offense has been lacking for a long time and Keon has decided to channel his talent and bring out his inner beast-mode. If you are gonna try and tackle Keon Williams, you better be prepared to have your head rocked.

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2013, 11:32 AM
At this point, I'm totally rooting for chatty to get to the playoffs. Since the SoCon appears down this year, they may have a chance to get murdered by the first non-con playoff opponent they meet.

I know I want a lot of teams in the playoffs but to see chatty come to the Fargodome and get curb stomped might be my dream come true.

Won't happen, Wouldn't happen, can't happen. You guys can't blow out teams like us. Your offense struggles mightily against good defenses. This would be no exception.

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Highly debatable. Chattanooga had a lot of injuries and suspensions. Frankly got out coached and were not prepared to play. That being said, based on resumes, UT Martin is obviously a top 10 team. Having watched the Mocs the last few weeks though, there aren't but a handful of teams who could play at the level we have played at.

Priceless

BisonBacker
September 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Won't happen, Wouldn't happen, can't happen. You guys can't blow out teams like us. Your offense struggles mightily against good defenses. This would be no exception.

Should have read the rest of the thread before I posted Priceless on that last comment but this one's a Doosey! What's in the water down there?

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Should have read the rest of the thread before I posted Priceless on that last comment but this one's a Doosey! What's in the water down there?

You guys score around 20 points in about half your games. Why the hell do you think you are going to do better than that against Chattanooga? You close guys play close, low scoring games against the vast majority of decent teams you play. End of Story. Your offense does not matchup up very well against our defense. Not physically, not schematically. In order to blow someone out you have to be able to score points.

Professor Chaos
September 15th, 2013, 11:58 AM
You guys score around 20 points in about half your games. Why the hell do you think you are going to do better than that against Chattanooga? You close guys play close, low scoring games against the vast majority of decent teams you play. End of Story. Your offense does not matchup up very well against our defense. Not physically, not schematically. In order to blow someone out you have to be able to score points.
When you have an actual championship defense that's more than just talk and message board drivel you don't need to score more than 20 points because your defense hasn't allowed more than 24 points in the last 30 games. I'm sure you'll explain to us though why the team your championship defense gave up 31 to is far and away better than any team NDSU has seen in the last 30 games so I'll hang up and listen.

Bison56
September 15th, 2013, 12:01 PM
FYI if you score more than the other team that means you won.

bjtheflamesfan
September 15th, 2013, 12:05 PM
I don't think that they are behind them in the pecking order per se, Im just saying that those games are going to be the difference between UTC being a playoff team and another offseason of "what ifs" and justifications and the oft referenced disappearance by yourself from the board. Bear in mind that (Credit The Citadel website for the information), UTC and Citdog's boys have split the last 10 meetings 5-5:

2012: 28-10 UTC
2011: 28-27 The Citadel (where UTC coughed up a 27 point lead in the second half)
2010: 28-10 UTC
2009: 31-28 UTC (Mocs had to rally down 15 in the fourth quarter)
2008:24-21 The Citadel
2007: 41-16 The Citadel
2006: 24-21 The Citadel (week after a rare win over GaSou for the Mocs)
2005: 31-21 UTC
2004: 44-24 The Citadel
2003: 29-20 UTC

(link for reference: http://static.psbin.com/u/g/pr2rdbav4vamow/Citadel_Football_Record_Book.pdf page 109)

Samford is tougher to really get a read on because they were in the Ohio Valley Conference and over the last 10 years really didnt play all that much...

2012: 20-13 UTC
2011: 24-9 UTC
2010: 48-14 UTC
2009: 14-7 UTC
2008: 30-7 Samford (first season in the SoCon)
2007: DNP
2006: DNP
2005: DNP
2004: DNP
2003: 31-23 Samford
2002: DNP
2001: 28-14 UTC
2000: 23-6 UTC

(Thanks to the Samford athletics site for the schedule info)

I'll give you Samford even though youve only played 8 times since the turn of the century, but I wouldnt simply dismiss citdog's boys as an easy mark. The Mocs, if the information gleaned from the two athletic sites is correct, (if not, please spell out where and how I am incorrect) have only beaten the Bulldogs by more than one TD on 4 of the 10 occasions (2003, 2005, 2010 and 2012) and the other win was the second half rally in 2009.

(For the record since you didnt have 10 meetings in the last 10 years I had to go back to 2000 to get a statistically similar number)

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2013, 12:41 PM
FYI if you score more than the other team that means you won.

FYI, simply scoring more points than the other team does not equal a "curb stomping"

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2013, 12:43 PM
When you have an actual championship defense that's more than just talk and message board drivel you don't need to score more than 20 points because your defense hasn't allowed more than 24 points in the last 30 games. I'm sure you'll explain to us though why the team your championship defense gave up 31 to is far and away better than any team NDSU has seen in the last 30 games so I'll hang up and listen.

Again, what does this have to do with a curb stomping? I know plenty about NDSU. Their defense does always show up. But when they play against a good defense, they usually get held down as well and the game turns into a low scoring close battle.

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I don't think that they are behind them in the pecking order per se, Im just saying that those games are going to be the difference between UTC being a playoff team and another offseason of "what ifs" and justifications and the oft referenced disappearance by yourself from the board. Bear in mind that (Credit The Citadel website for the information), UTC and Citdog's boys have split the last 10 meetings 5-5:

2012: 28-10 UTC
2011: 28-27 The Citadel (where UTC coughed up a 27 point lead in the second half)
2010: 28-10 UTC
2009: 31-28 UTC (Mocs had to rally down 15 in the fourth quarter)
2008:24-21 The Citadel
2007: 41-16 The Citadel
2006: 24-21 The Citadel (week after a rare win over GaSou for the Mocs)
2005: 31-21 UTC
2004: 44-24 The Citadel
2003: 29-20 UTC

(link for reference: http://static.psbin.com/u/g/pr2rdbav4vamow/Citadel_Football_Record_Book.pdf page 109)

Samford is tougher to really get a read on because they were in the Ohio Valley Conference and over the last 10 years really didnt play all that much...

2012: 20-13 UTC
2011: 24-9 UTC
2010: 48-14 UTC
2009: 14-7 UTC
2008: 30-7 Samford (first season in the SoCon)
2007: DNP
2006: DNP
2005: DNP
2004: DNP
2003: 31-23 Samford
2002: DNP
2001: 28-14 UTC
2000: 23-6 UTC

(Thanks to the Samford athletics site for the schedule info)

I'll give you Samford even though youve only played 8 times since the turn of the century, but I wouldnt simply dismiss citdog's boys as an easy mark. The Mocs, if the information gleaned from the two athletic sites is correct, (if not, please spell out where and how I am incorrect) have only beaten the Bulldogs by more than one TD on 4 of the 10 occasions (2003, 2005, 2010 and 2012) and the other win was the second half rally in 2009.

(For the record since you didnt have 10 meetings in the last 10 years I had to go back to 2000 to get a statistically similar number)

It's pretty clear that you thought Chattanooga had been losing to Samford and the Citadel. Russ Huesman is 7-1 vs them. You didn't know what you are talking about as usual, just admit it.

Bison56
September 15th, 2013, 12:45 PM
FYI, simply scoring more points than the other team does not equal a "curb stomping"
I never said it was. I was helping you understand how games are won you seemed confused.

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2013, 01:03 PM
I never said it was. I was helping you understand how games are won you seemed confused.

You seem to be confused about what the conversation was about so why don't you go back and read the thread.

Bison56
September 15th, 2013, 01:06 PM
You seem to be confused about what the conversation was about so why don't you go back and read the thread.
Not confused at all I am still laughing.

bjtheflamesfan
September 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM
The thing is that Chattanooga has been losing to The Citadel, though its only happened once under the current coach (and that was in spectacular fashion). That said, their focus will have to be on GaSou, who has pretty much made the Mocs their (word redacted since this is a family site) seeing as the only have two wins this century (four total) against the Eagles and this likely will be their last shot at them for the foreseeable future with their move to FBS.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 15th, 2013, 01:28 PM

Your team, which is Just Another Chatty Team (JACT going forward) would get the ever loving **** kicked out of it, full stop, by one of the best teams ever in the history of FCS.

JACT would have gotten the **** kicked out of it by any of the last 2 Bison teams, it won't stand a chance against this one.

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2013, 03:24 PM
I pretty much always pull for fellow SoCon members in the playoffs (unless they're playing us, of course), but I'm almost to the point of hoping that Chatty gets a chance to visit the Fargo Dome. Yet another epic chattown thread!

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2013, 04:07 PM
I pretty much always pull for fellow SoCon members in the playoffs (unless they're playing us, of course), but I'm almost to the point of hoping that Chatty gets a chance to visit the Fargo Dome. Yet another epic chattown thread!

If you are hoping we lose you shouldn't hope for such a made-to-order matchup for us. Somewhere like Eastern Washington would be tougher.

Bisonator
September 15th, 2013, 04:21 PM
If you are hoping we lose you shouldn't hope for such a made-to-order matchup for us. Somewhere like Eastern Washington would be tougher.

xlolx

xlmaox

How about you guys just try making the playoffs first! xlolx

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2013, 04:28 PM

When were you in the Fargo Dome last?

chattownmocs
September 15th, 2013, 05:26 PM
When were you in the Fargo Dome last?

I've been in Thompson-Boling Arena. It is a basketball stadium and it is bigger.

Eaglesrus
September 15th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I've been in Thompson-Boling Arena. It is a basketball stadium and it is bigger.

Uh-huh, so your answer is that you have never been in the Fargo Dome. I'm sure you'll enjoy it, if you get the opportunity.

Squealofthepig
September 15th, 2013, 05:44 PM
xlolx

xlmaox

How about you guys just try making the playoffs first! xlolx

Remember 1984! And hey, UTC has not lost to any current FCS team ever in the playoffs! (Their one appearance, they lost to now-FBS Arkansas State).

(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm using http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/f/chattano.htm as my source for the above - would've sworn UTC had been in at some point).

Bisonator
September 15th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Remember 1984! And hey, UTC has not lost to any current FCS team ever in the playoffs! (Their one appearance, they lost to now-FBS Arkansas State).

(Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm using http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/f/chattano.htm as my source for the above - would've sworn UTC had been in at some point).

Sorry I was like 11 in 1984! xlolx

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Sorry I was like 11 in 1984! xlolx

Fun fact! :D NDSU was the DII runner up in the 84 season (in what ultimately broke up a 4 peat) to Troy State (current FBS)...whose head coach was Chan Gailey. NDSU lost on a last second 50 yard fieldgoal. NDSU won the natty in 83, 85 and 86.

Bison56
September 15th, 2013, 08:00 PM
You would think your back would get sore digging that hole you are in.:)

NoDak 4 Ever
September 15th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Fun fact! :D NDSU was the DII runner up in the 84 season (in what ultimately broke up a 4 peat) to Troy State (current FBS)...whose head coach was Jim Tressel. NDSU lost on a last second 50 yard fieldgoal. NDSU won the natty in 83, 85 and 86.

If memory serves, I believe that was Chan Gailey just before he made his jump to the NFL.

BisonFan02
September 15th, 2013, 08:35 PM
If memory serves, I believe that was Chan Gailey just before he made his jump to the NFL.

Correct. I'm off by a year I think.

fmrbearkat
September 15th, 2013, 09:10 PM

Every post i read I think he cannot say anything dumber than what's already been said! Then he comes along with a gem like this!! 3 things come to mind about Chattown and one is without question true! He is either on major drugs, he's completely insane, or he is the best troll on the face of the planet!

Nobody alive could possibly believe that any team is a made to order matchup in or out of the dome against this current bison team. I've never played at the dome but I'm assuming its almost on the same level as WaGriz in December! Probably give Wa Griz the advantage slightly because of the outdoor and December cold but I believe the current NDSU team is better than the Griz teams we faced in 2001 and 2004. With way both stadiums are a 2 score advantage to an equal team!

chattownmocs
September 16th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Every post i read I think he cannot say anything dumber than what's already been said! Then he comes along with a gem like this!! 3 things come to mind about Chattown and one is without question true! He is either on major drugs, he's completely insane, or he is the best troll on the face of the planet!

Nobody alive could possibly believe that any team is a made to order matchup in or out of the dome against this current bison team. I've never played at the dome but I'm assuming its almost on the same level as WaGriz in December! Probably give Wa Griz the advantage slightly because of the outdoor and December cold but I believe the current NDSU team is better than the Griz teams we faced in 2001 and 2004. With way both stadiums are a 2 score advantage to an equal team!

Dude, we close the season at Bryant-Denny stadium. I doubt anything we see in the playoffs will top that.

chattownmocs
September 16th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Keon Williams was named SOCON offensive player of the week for the 2nd straight week after his 106 yard 3 td performance on just 12 carries. The Mocs have added a missing dimension to this offense, a dominant RB.

dgtw
September 16th, 2013, 04:41 PM
Dude, we close the season at Bryant-Denny stadium. I doubt anything we see in the playoffs will top that.

So you don't think UTC makes the playoffs?

NoDak 4 Ever
September 16th, 2013, 05:30 PM

Since that will be the last game of your season, I totally agree.

If you think that Alabama gives one **** about your team, you are completely mistaken.

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2013, 05:35 PM

Ask Monken to compare Bryant-Denny to the Fargodome.....

chattownmocs
September 16th, 2013, 05:41 PM

If you think that Alabama gives one **** about your team, you are completely mistaken.

If you think it matters who they are playing you are ignorant. There will be 100000+ regardless.

chattownmocs
September 16th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Ask Monken to compare Bryant-Denny to the Fargodome.....

I laughed so hard. So hilarious! His team went in their and pushed y'all around last year. You guys are taking this "Alabama of the FCS" garbage way too seriously. That doesnt mean you scrubs compare to Ala bam in any way.

Reign of Terrier
September 16th, 2013, 06:13 PM
Keon Williams was named SOCON offensive player of the week for the 2nd straight week after his 106 yard 3 td performance on just 12 carries. The Mocs have added a missing dimension to this offense, a dominant RB.

how in the hell that performance against a terrible team warranted a POTW award is beyond me.

chattownmocs
September 16th, 2013, 06:18 PM
how in the hell that performance against a terrible team warranted a POTW award is beyond me.

9 yards a pop and 3 TDs. Get real. Who is your replacement?

blueballs
September 16th, 2013, 09:06 PM

That didn't work out so well for GSU in 2011...

DJKyR0
September 16th, 2013, 09:12 PM
I laughed so hard. So hilarious! His team went in their and pushed y'all around last year. You guys are taking this "Alabama of the FCS" garbage way too seriously. That doesnt mean you scrubs compare to Ala bam in any way.

And somehow the Alabama fans won't even know what state Chattanooga is in.

chattownmocs
September 16th, 2013, 10:46 PM
And somehow the Alabama fans won't even know what state Chattanooga is in.

Yeah, they are illiterate inbreds.

bjtheflamesfan
September 16th, 2013, 10:51 PM
I think its more they don't care than they don't know

Reign of Terrier
September 16th, 2013, 11:19 PM
9 yards a pop and 3 TDs. Get real. Who is your replacement?
Donovan Johnson had 150 yards against a much better defense.

BisonFan02
September 16th, 2013, 11:50 PM

Wrong year (Monken compared it to Bryant-Denny during the post game interview in the same season they played bama in 2011...but it doesn't really matter I guess). There are quite a few Georgia Southern fans on here than can confirm as well I imagine.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 01:01 AM
Wrong year (Monken compared it to Bryant-Denny during the post game interview in the same season they played bama in 2011...but it doesn't really matter I guess). There are quite a few Georgia Southern fans on here than can confirm as well I imagine.

What are you claiming here? That somehow the FargoDome is harder to play in than Bryant-Denny Stadium. Are you claiming that North Dakota State is somehow a better football team than Alabama? Get real.

Twentysix
September 17th, 2013, 01:05 AM
What are you claiming here? That somehow the FargoDome is harder to play in than Bryant-Denny Stadium. Are you claiming that North Dakota State is somehow a better football team than Alabama? Get real.

I believe he is likely referring to noise. It probably has to do with the giving a **** factor.. Alabama will give none, should you play NDSU in the playoffs we will give a ****.

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2013, 01:56 AM

Fargodome harder to play in the Bryant-Denny.....as far as atmosphere? I would say they are par or equal as far as noise/atmosphere during the game...especially with FCS opponents.

NDSU better football team than Alabama? Hell no

pike51
September 17th, 2013, 06:43 AM
I believe he is likely referring to noise. It probably has to do with the giving a **** factor.. Alabama will give none, should you play NDSU in the playoffs we will give a ****.

Easy now... you are inferring that Chatty will make the playoffs. They haven't done that since 1984, even with the greatest football team in history!

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2013, 07:26 AM

They may have survived against Johnny Football, but they have yet to meet a force like Mini-Tebow. Daddy's boy will certainly make the Nictator cry.

Bisonator
September 17th, 2013, 08:04 AM

PaladinFan
September 17th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Fargodome harder to play in the Bryant-Denny.....as far as atmosphere? I would say they are par or equal as far as noise/atmosphere during the game...especially with FCS opponents.

NDSU better football team than Alabama? Hell no

It is difficult to compare anything to Alabama's football program. Can one honestly argue that the Fargo Dome is as intimidating an atmosphere as a stadium 4 or 5 times its size? I am well familiar with the state of Alabama, and I can go ahead and tell you there is no more rabid a fan base in college athletics (maybe in U.S. sports period) than the Alabama Crimson Tide.

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2013, 08:29 AM
It is difficult to compare anything to Alabama's football program. Can one honestly argue that the Fargo Dome is as intimidating an atmosphere as a stadium 4 or 5 times its size? I am well familiar with the state of Alabama, and I can go ahead and tell you there is no more rabid a fan base in college athletics (maybe in U.S. sports period) than the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Size isn't quite everything. Michigan Stadium is the biggest in the country, but Seattle's stadium is much louder than Michigan stadium. Now, I've never been to Alabama or NDSU, so I can't say. But, a closed dome could potentially get close in loudness. As far as atmosphere, I'd rather be outside.

blueballs
September 17th, 2013, 09:25 AM

It isn't the size of the venue that is the issue in NDSU's case, it is the noise. GSU had big problems communicating at the LOS offensively in the playoffs last December. I remember one penalty on a third and short in the second half where McKinnon audibled to opposite and Bryant and Robinson- both experienced players- ran into each other, which caused the penalty and killed a drive. That wasn't an issue at 'Bammer.

fmrbearkat
September 17th, 2013, 09:43 AM

Montana was far louder than what I heard at Kyle Field against the Aggies a couple weeks ago and I was on the sidelines for the Aggie game. But I suspect that Kyle field was a whole lot louder last week for the Bama game. This being attributed to the fans give a **** factor. And what does having your ass stomped by Bama the last week of the season have to do with you beating NDSU!! Your just gonna take another beat down although maybe not as bad! If anything for a playoff team which I highly doubt y'all will be an FBS game like that is a huge disadvantage going into the playoffs! The risk of injury against a team that much bigger, faster, and overall a whole lot better is way higher than against a team on the fcs level!!

fmrbearkat
September 17th, 2013, 09:48 AM
And FYI I would say all of this about SHSU if we were facing Bama and the possibility of going to the Fargo Dome. We are a proven contender and had a top 2 or 3 scoring offense and defense over the last 2 years and facing NDSU in the dome would be a lot togher than playing on a neutral field in Frisco which hasn't turned out to well for us the last two years! I really hope y'all do make the playoffs and either head to Fargo or at least come to Huntsville! It will be a real lesson in humility for you either way! Even with the sure 30 point loss at either place I'm sure you could somehow spin it as a moral victory in your twisted mind!!

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 11:04 AM
And FYI I would say all of this about SHSU if we were facing Bama and the possibility of going to the Fargo Dome. We are a proven contender and had a top 2 or 3 scoring offense and defense over the last 2 years and facing NDSU in the dome would be a lot togher than playing on a neutral field in Frisco which hasn't turned out to well for us the last two years! I really hope y'all do make the playoffs and either head to Fargo or at least come to Huntsville! It will be a real lesson in humility for you either way! Even with the sure 30 point loss at either place I'm sure you could somehow spin it as a moral victory in your twisted mind!!

He somehow things that JACT will be able to give as good a game as last years GSU team, which is unlikely. Think JMU or SDSU for that game.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 11:13 AM
He somehow things that JACT will be able to give as good a game as last years GSU team, which is unlikely. Think JMU or SDSU for that game.

5 of the last 7 games you guys played there were 1 score wins or a loss. It's one thing to give NDSU credit for winning back-to-back titles, It makes sense to make them a favorite against pretty much anyone in FCS. What makes no sense is to act like this team has just dominated everyone in the process. The absolutely have not. There are a lot of football teams in the FCS that can play with North Dakota State, Chattanooga has a style of play that will be in the ballgame with NDSU, and Chattanooga's overall talent could push them over the top in this hypothetical matchup.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 11:18 AM
5 of the last 7 games you guys played there were 1 score wins or a loss. It's one thing to give NDSU credit for winning back-to-back titles, It makes sense to make them a favorite against pretty much anyone in FCS. What makes no sense is to act like this team has just dominated everyone in the process. The absolutely have not. There are a lot of football teams in the FCS that can play with North Dakota State, Chattanooga has a style of play that will be in the ballgame with NDSU, and Chattanooga's overall talent could push them over the top in this hypothetical matchup.

But only in a hypothetical matchup. When junior Huesman gets folded up like a taco by Travis Beck, they're going to wish they were playing Alabama.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 11:19 AM
What's really funny is how we are talking not only about chatty in the playoffs but actually competing with one of the best FCS teams of all time.

Must be Delaware State week.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 11:25 AM
But only in a hypothetical matchup. When junior Huesman gets folded up like a taco by Travis Beck, they're going to wish they were playing Alabama.

The most feared pass rusher in FCS football is Davis Tull.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
What's really funny is how we are talking not only about chatty in the playoffs but actually competing with one of the best FCS teams of all time.

Must be Delaware State week.

We are talking about the greatest team of all time in the greatest venue of all time that has won by more than a score once in its last 6 D1home games. As I said earlier, get real.

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
The most feared pass rushed in FCS football is Davis Tull.

xlolx

BisonFan02
September 17th, 2013, 11:33 AM
The most feared pass rushed in FCS football is Davis Tull.

I had to dig into this....so according to gomocs, Chatty has 4 sacks through 3 games and 2 of them from the manchild Tull....watch out guys....we got a bad*** over here!

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 11:36 AM
I had to dig into this....so according to gomocs, Chatty has 4 sacks through 3 games and 2 of them from the manchild Tull....watch out guys....we got a bad*** over here!

He is getting double teamed. He had 12.5 last year in 11 games.

Bisonator
September 17th, 2013, 11:41 AM
The most feared pass rusher in FCS football is Davis Tull.

Who? Seriously, never heard of him. xconfusedx

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Who? Seriously, never heard of him. xconfusedx

SOCON player of the year, consensus first team all American. Why would you? You are very ignorant.

344Johnson
September 17th, 2013, 11:45 AM
He is getting double teamed. He had 12.5 last year in 11 games.

Wow....Clowney 2.0

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Wow....Clowney 2.0

Definitely "the clowney of FCS"

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Definitely "the clowney of FCS"

No sir. YOU are the CLOWNey of FCS.

Bisonator
September 17th, 2013, 12:01 PM
No sir. YOU are the CLOWNey of FCS.

xlolx

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2013, 12:02 PM
We are talking about the greatest team of all time in the greatest venue of all time that has won by more than a score once in its last 6 D1home games. As I said earlier, get real.

How is this for real...here is a comparison of the results of all regular season Division I home games for UTC and NDSU in 2012 (I wont include playoffs because UTC wasnt in the playoffs last year so that would skew the comparison):

NDSU

vs. Robert Morris W 52-0
vs. Prairie View A&M W 66-7
vs. Youngstown State (who was 4-0 with a win over FBS Pittsburgh coming into the game) W 48-7
vs. Indiana State L 14-17 (first loss since November 2011 vs. Youngstown State)
vs. Southern Illinois W 23-17
vs. South Dakota State W 20-17

(Thanks to gobison.com for that information)

UTC

vs. Appalachian State (aka the "death of a dynasty game") L 17-34
vs. Samford W 20-13
vs. Georgia Southern L 31-39
vs. Elon W 24-17

The important number in all 10 of those examples (since UTC only had 4 D-1 home games last year) is the number on the right. NDSU gave up 0, 7, 7, 17, 17, and 17 points at home last year (winning 5 times). UTC on the other hand, gave up 34, 13, 39 (3OT) and 17 (winning 2 times). Point is, you don't need to beat everyone by more than one score...as long as that one score is less than what you have when the game is over.

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2013, 12:06 PM
By the way...the best players can overcome any situation, whether its one on one, double team, chip by the running back, max protect, etc. Averaging less than a sack per game, one TFL per game and just over two tackles per game isn't exactly dominating...

cmaxwellgsu
September 17th, 2013, 12:07 PM

That post just reeks with insanity!!!

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 12:10 PM
How is this for real...here is a comparison of the results of all regular season Division I home games for UTC and NDSU in 2012 (I wont include playoffs because UTC wasnt in the playoffs last year so that would skew the comparison):

NDSU

vs. Robert Morris W 52-0
vs. Prairie View A&M W 66-7
vs. Youngstown State (who was 4-0 with a win over FBS Pittsburgh coming into the game) W 48-7
vs. Indiana State L 14-17 (first loss since November 2011 vs. Youngstown State)
vs. Southern Illinois W 23-17
vs. South Dakota State W 20-17

(Thanks to gobison.com for that information)

UTC

vs. Appalachian State (aka the "death of a dynasty game") L 17-34
vs. Samford W 20-13
vs. Georgia Southern L 31-39
vs. Elon W 24-17

The important number in all 10 of those examples (since UTC only had 4 D-1 home games last year) is the number on the right. NDSU gave up 0, 7, 7, 17, 17, and 17 points at home last year (winning 5 times). UTC on the other hand, gave up 34, 13, 39 (3OT) and 17 (winning 2 times). Point is, you don't need to beat everyone by more than one score...as long as that one score is less than what you have when the game is over.

The point is, brainless troll boy, in order "blow someone out" or "curb stomp"them, you actually DO have to beat them by more than one score. Run along.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 12:10 PM
I hope we can get the other middle of the pack teams talking about how NDSU is no big deal. Maybe Sac State or McNeese.

Bottom line, NDSU has not lost a playoff game at home or away since 2010. Forget conference games, that's the true test.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 12:12 PM
That post just reeks with insanity!!!

It reeks with factual accuracy. It shows that regardless of venue, regardless of stakes, NDSU, is not likely to blowout Chattanooga. Period, end of story.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM
The point is, brainless troll boy, in order "blow someone out" or "curb stomp"them, you actually DO have to beat them by more than one score. Run along.

SDSU and SHSU lost to this "so-so" team by 25 and 28 pts respectively.

That was after scoring 58 pts and 49 pts in their previous games.

Your JACT could not hang with any of the teams listed in this post. You are a middling little afterthought of a program who just happens to have the most delusional troll on this whole message board as their #1 superfan.

It must be so damn disappointing to be a fan of such a mediocre team.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 12:15 PM
By the way...the best players can overcome any situation, whether its one on one, double team, chip by the running back, max protect, etc. Averaging less than a sack per game, one TFL per game and just over two tackles per game isn't exactly dominating...

Absolutely incorrect. 2 sacks in 3 games, is not a low number, and its a tiny sample size as well. Davis Tull has 19.5 sacks in his last 19 games. He is the defending and preseason southern conference player of the year, as well as reigning and preseason consensus all american. He is clearly and unequivocally one "the best players" run along.

BEAR
September 17th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Are we still laughing? Sorry, 120 pages later I can't remember.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 12:25 PM
SDSU and SHSU lost to this "so-so" team by 25 and 28 pts respectively.

That was after scoring 58 pts and 49 pts in their previous games.

Your JACT could not hang with any of the teams listed in this post. You are a middling little afterthought of a program who just happens to have the most delusional troll on this whole message board as their #1 superfan.

It must be so damn disappointing to be a fan of such a mediocre team.

This is where we need some sort of rule that says you need to have some football knowledge to post in my thread. NDSU might be the best team in the country. That doesn't mean they are the toughest matchup for everyone in the country. That was my point about EWU. I don't know that they are better than NDSU. However, I do know that what they do is much harder for Chattanooga to matchup with than NDSU. SHSU was a hell of a lot better than Wofford last year, they have beat Wofford by 4 or 5 tds . Yes you guys were in an absolute dogfight with them before destroying SHSU. Learn the game. Matchups, they are important.

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2013, 12:26 PM

Wait, I thought we were talking about the greatest team of all time that hosted the National Championship game 14 times in the greatest venue of all time?

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Wait, I thought we were talking about the greatest team of all time that hosted the National Championship game 14 times in the greatest venue of all time?

The city of Chattanooga hosted those games, much like the city of Frisco hosts the games - they are separate from the team.

footballgirl4ever
September 17th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't even read it. This is the best thing on the page.

http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/simgad/14015034151064405607

lol

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2013, 12:30 PM
The city of Chattanooga hosted those games, much like the city of Frisco hosts the games - they are separate from the team.

I understand that, but chattown doesn't. Damn, NoDak.

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2013, 12:31 PM
Matchups, they are important.
So since Chatty's clear deficiency is on offense you think they match up better with a team that has a championship caliber defense than one with a suspect defense?

I continue to be blown away by your elite football mind.

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2013, 12:33 PM
My point is the best make plays, no matter what the offense does to stop them Tull is the reigning and preseason conference DPotY, but with that in mind, he should be backing up that with outstanding play of the field. 19 sacks in 19 games averages out to just over 1 sack per game. Now he had 12.5 of them last year, which is a very good year. at his current number (2 sacks in 3 games), if he continues that statistical trend (2 sacks every 3 games), he will finish with fewer sacks this year (8 in 12 games) than last year. As I said, the best players make plays no matter what the offense is doing to try and stop them. I will say that Tull and Clowney do have similarities in how they are doing this year (Clowney has 10 tackles, 3 TFL and 2 sacks in 3 games), but the good ones will find ways to make plays as I have said already in this post

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 12:37 PM
I understand that, but chattown doesn't. Damn, NoDak.

I'm sure it was you or one of the others that made that point originally. I was just figuring we could have a conversation sans chattown and make it more factual.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 12:38 PM
So since Chatty's clear deficiency is on offense you think they match up better with a team that has a championship caliber defense than one with a suspect defense?

I continue to be blown away by your elite football mind.

There is the other side of the ball. Chattanoogas defense eats power run games and inaccurate QBs for lunch. Would Chattanoogas offense struggle against NDSUs defense? Absolutely, but A low scoring defensive matchup is much more in our wheelhouse. stop talking.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 12:41 PM
My point is the best make plays, no matter what the offense does to stop them Tull is the reigning and preseason conference DPotY, but with that in mind, he should be backing up that with outstanding play of the field. 19 sacks in 19 games averages out to just over 1 sack per game. Now he had 12.5 of them last year, which is a very good year. at his current number (2 sacks in 3 games), if he continues that statistical trend (2 sacks every 3 games), he will finish with fewer sacks this year (8 in 12 games) than last year. As I said, the best players make plays no matter what the offense is doing to try and stop them. I will say that Tull and Clowney do have similarities in how they are doing this year (Clowney has 10 tackles, 3 TFL and 2 sacks in 3 games), but the good ones will find ways to make plays as I have said already in this post

So your point is that Clowney and Tull aren't "good ones" at their respective levels? I feel sorry for you.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Woo. This is fun. I'm going to miss this when real games start.

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2013, 01:06 PM
I'm sure it was you or one of the others that made that point originally. I was just figuring we could have a conversation sans chattown and make it more factual.

We're 122 pages in...a little late for that.

Southern Bison
September 17th, 2013, 01:07 PM
This is where we need some sort of rule that says you need to have some football knowledge to post in my thread. NDSU might be the best team in the country. That doesn't mean they are the toughest matchup for everyone in the country. That was my point about EWU. I don't know that they are better than NDSU. However, I do know that what they do is much harder for Chattanooga to matchup with than NDSU. SHSU was a hell of a lot better than Wofford last year, they have beat Wofford by 4 or 5 tds . Yes you guys were in an absolute dogfight with them before destroying SHSU. Learn the game. Matchups, they are important.

Hmmm...does this mean we get to own the threads we create and control who can post in them? xeyebrowx Perhaps we can file trespassing charges against someone that posts without permission in the threads that I own and and argue it in the Ursus Court. xsmashx

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Hmmm...does this mean we get to own the threads we create and control who can post in them? xeyebrowx Perhaps we can file trespassing charges against someone that posts without permission in the threads that I own and and argue it in the Ursus Court. xsmashx

If you needed football knowledge to post in this thread, it wouldn't exist.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 01:09 PM

Sights and Sounds of Austin Peay

344Johnson
September 17th, 2013, 01:11 PM

It reeks with factual accuracy. It shows that regardless of venue, regardless of stakes, NDSU, is not likely to blowout Chattanooga. Period, end of story.

NDSU would blowout Chattanooga methinks. Heusman and Co. probably would score between 10-14 points...and NDSU would probably put up between 30 and 40.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 01:29 PM
NDSU would blowout Chattanooga methinks. Heusman and Co. probably would score between 10-14 points...and NDSU would probably put up between 30 and 40.

Shut up.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Shut up.

You're right because Chattanooga and NDSU will never meet. Chattanooga will still not make the playoffs which is why this part of the thread is so comical.

pike51
September 17th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Shut up.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g48/spiritualdesert/kelsoburnrl3.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g48/spiritualdesert/kelsoburnrl3.gif

I know, right? He must be getting tired.

I tell ya what chattown. Let's make a bet. When I win, you don't have to pay me now, you can just pay me later, at 300% APR.

Nickels
September 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM
NDSU would blowout Chattanooga methinks. Heusman and Co. probably would score between 10-14 pointsI'm thinking more like 3-7 points.

ASUMountaineer
September 17th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Shut up.

xlolx

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2013, 02:10 PM

I needed a laugh today and this did it for me xlolx

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2013, 02:12 PM
They are actually. Clowney is probably still the #1 pick in next year's draft. I'll defer to SCFBF as to where Tull may precisely land but my speculation is it will be within the first two days. My point is, because of how good they are, and the expectations that are placed upon them, they should know that they have to increase their game to reflect whatever game plan is put before them by the opposing team.

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2013, 02:14 PM

Something reeks in here alright but having the words "Factual accuracy" and your username in the same post is pure science fiction! That is a factual accuracy xlolx

pike51
September 17th, 2013, 02:42 PM
14 is the magic number!

Tonight, I'm going to buy a Mega Millions tickets and play only the number 14. Tomorrow, you can all kiss my ass!

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2013, 02:46 PM
What Id like to see is UTC actually step up and play Liberty again (havent met since I believe 2005, Liberty's worst season in school history). If not that, why not put your money where your mouth is and schedule a team like NDSU in the regular season, or maybe Northern Iowa, or Eastern Washington, or Towson.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 02:49 PM
What Id like to see is UTC actually step up and play Liberty again (havent met since I believe 2005, Liberty's worst season in school history). If not that, why not put your money where your mouth is and schedule a team like NDSU in the regular season, or maybe Northern Iowa, or Eastern Washington, or Towson.

I'm sure NDSU would take them, in the Fargodome. They don't have enough juice to negotiate a home game against an elite team.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 03:10 PM

When I become Athletic Director I'll make sure the flamers are on the schedule.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 03:11 PM
I'm sure NDSU would take them, in the Fargodome. They don't have enough juice to negotiate a home game against an elite team.

I laughed.

BisonBacker
September 17th, 2013, 03:13 PM
This should be Chattownmocs avatar...
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LN9zmHnAq6c/TkIjmqPm_MI/AAAAAAAAAi0/ZjDNO-oz1po/s1600/dunce_cap.jpg

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2013, 03:15 PM
When I become Athletic Director I'll make sure the flamers are on the schedule.

When you become athletic director will be the day that humans can have cotton candy coming out of their butts and unicorns will be a reliable mode of transportation...oh and I will be president of ESPN.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I laughed.

Seriously, when was the last elite non conference team that Chatty hosted?

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2013, 03:24 PM

He may point to Jax State last year although even though they were top 10 at the time, I wouldnt call them a "elite team". the last time they hosted a team from what most would consider the "power conferences" in a non-conference game...maybe 2007 against Western Kentucky perhaps?

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 04:44 PM

There is no way we would ever entertain playing NDSU in any nonconference matchup and it has nothing to do with the stature of your program. It is because we have no interest in recruiting sorry ass North Dakota talent. Period. We play regional schools that can benefit our recruiting. End of story. There will be no home and home because WE do not want one.

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2013, 04:58 PM
If you were the AD Id give a comment like that more validity (although if you were AD and the university administration saw some of the comments you made, I don't think you'd stay AD for long either. Also, this comment:

We play regional schools that can benefit our recruiting. may be why UTC has been largely an also-ran in the SoCon over the years. A team like Eastern Washington can afford to recruit regionally because the ground out west is quite fertile for football talent, especially in WA, OR and CA. NDSU, while not blessed with a ton of talent in ND and MN, not only recruits nationally, but also is able to develop talent once it arrives. UTC may not want to recruit players from ND, but if you can tell a prospective recruit that you will play the best of the best Saturday after Saturday, they will be more inclined to go there instead of Richmond, or Southern Illinois or Sam Houston State or Portland State or any number of other places

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 05:08 PM
If you were the AD Id give a comment like that more validity (although if you were AD and the university administration saw some of the comments you made, I don't think you'd stay AD for long either. Also, this comment:

may be why UTC has been largely an also-ran in the SoCon over the years. A team like Eastern Washington can afford to recruit regionally because the ground out west is quite fertile for football talent, especially in WA, OR and CA. NDSU, while not blessed with a ton of talent in ND and MN, not only recruits nationally, but also is able to develop talent once it arrives. UTC may not want to recruit players from ND, but if you can tell a prospective recruit that you will play the best of the best Saturday after Saturday, they will be more inclined to go there instead of Richmond, or Southern Illinois or Sam Houston State or Portland State or any number of other places

Russ Huesman has said it before. I literally burst out laughing when you said Eastern Washington can afford to regionally recruit and basically said Chattanooga can't. That is one of the more humiliating statements you have ever made. Why don't you look Chattanooga up on a map.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 05:25 PM
There is no way we would ever entertain playing NDSU in any nonconference matchup and it has nothing to do with the stature of your program. It is because we have no interest in recruiting sorry ass North Dakota talent. Period. We play regional schools that can benefit our recruiting. End of story. There will be no home and home because WE do not want one.

You think you're in the same league. Cute.

http://cutestuff.co/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/cute-cat-laughing.jpg

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Russ Huesman has said it before. I literally burst out laughing when you said Eastern Washington can afford to regionally recruit and basically said Chattanooga can't. That is one of the more humiliating statements you have ever made. Why don't you look Chattanooga up on a map.

Im aware of where Chattanooga is on a map...but remember...not only do you have to be able to go to where the talent is...but you have to also bear in mind who you are competing against for that talent. Let's compare...here is a list of the "power six" schools (FBS of course) in the regions of both schools in our informal case study

Eastern Washington

UCLA (Pac 12)
USC Pac 12)
Stanford (Pac 12)
Washington (Pac 12)
Washington State (Pac 12)
Arizona (Pac 12)
Arizona State (Pac 12) (if you decide to extend that far)
Oregon (Pac 12)
Oregon State (Pac 12)
Cal (Pac 12)

UTC

Tennessee-Knoxville (SEC)
Vanderbilt (SEC)
Kentucky (SEC)
Georgia (SEC)
Florida (SEC)
Arkansas (SEC)
LSU (SEC
South Carolina (SEC)
Ole Miss (SEC)
Alabama (SEC)
Auburn (SEC)
Mississippi State (SEC)
UCF (AAC)
USF (AAC)
UNC (ACC)
Wake Forest (ACC)
Florida State (ACC)
Miami (ACC)
Clemson (ACC)
Georgia Tech (ACC)
Duke (ACC)
NC State (ACC)

That doesnt even account for the Big Ten or the Big 12 and for SEC members Missouri and Texas A&M, and every FCS team in that region as well.

Professor Chaos
September 17th, 2013, 07:01 PM
There is the other side of the ball. Chattanoogas defense eats power run games and inaccurate QBs for lunch. Would Chattanoogas offense struggle against NDSUs defense? Absolutely, but A low scoring defensive matchup is much more in our wheelhouse. stop talking.
So games where your offense won't score are right in your wheelhouse? Sounds about right.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Hues man got a contract extension through 2016 and a 25k raise.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/sep/17/huesman-gets-small-raise-in-new-contract/

dgtw
September 17th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Did the other SoCon schools chip in to make sure he stays?

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 08:12 PM

I hope it didn't take more than one school to pay that salary.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 08:24 PM

I'd say no considering the remaining socon schools are a combined 8-16 against him and the only one with a winning record is Wofford. But let the parade of ignorance continue.

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 08:25 PM
I hope it didn't take more than one school to pay that salary.

Oh, the parade of ignorance did continue. Craig Bohls base salary is only 206k genius.

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I think he was making a joke...something you apparently seem to not understand the concept of...

chattownmocs
September 17th, 2013, 08:29 PM
I think he was making a joke...something you apparently seem to not understand the concept of...

You appear to be brain dead if you didn't understand his intent or the reason for my response.

bjtheflamesfan
September 17th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Oh I know what his intent was...I just chose to find the humor in it instead of getting all butthurt about it.

NoDak 4 Ever
September 17th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Oh I know what his intent was...I just chose to find the humor in it instead of getting all butthurt about it.

oh this whole thread is full of butthurt cloaked in false bravado.

Bison56
September 17th, 2013, 09:03 PM
Chattownmocs is the gift that keeps on giving.